View Full Version : What to say?

Jesusismyrock
02-19-2004, 09:03 PM
I rec'd a letter from my love today. My mood changed from happy to receive a letter to that of concern. He is very depressed He is just starting a long sentence of 15 years to life parole after 15 years. He has been in co jail for 5 months and at the reception center for a month. I haven't seen him in a month I talk to him once a week. And I constantly send him letters. At least one a day. What can I do to help him? I am a Christian so yes I am praying. I know people have gone thru this before and am asking those who have any ideas to pass them on please. I don't like to see anyone hurting especially someone I love very much. His letter just sounded so hopeless and I am unsure of what to say and I don't want to dismiss the way he is feeling or belittle him in any way. It was a huge step I feel to admit the way he was really feeling. Now what do I do with it besides pray my heart out and ask for the advice of people along the way? Thanks for your help in advance. Sonja

Willsgirl
02-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Continue to let him know how much you love him and how you will always be there. Keep the letter going, that way he will know you are for real

Blessings

MrsP
02-20-2004, 06:32 AM
Like Willsgirl said...anything you can do to let him know you'll be there to support him. I don't think there's anything you can really say besides that until he has accepted what his life will be like for the next 15 years. It will take time, but once he gets to where he's going to live he'll settle in a bit and find his place in his new world. You will both need each other's support more than you ever imagined. Just keep loving each other and you'll be ok.

Jesusismyrock
02-20-2004, 06:25 PM
thanks for your help. I pray that it won't take a long time till I get to see him. I put it into God's hand and am trusting him all the way. Sonja

Jesusismyrock
02-28-2004, 03:10 PM
I heard from him and he is doing so much better. Thanks Sonja