View Full Version : Have Creative Mail Ideas? Share them here!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Joshsgirl431
02-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Hello ladies, I've been writing my man everyday for a year and let me tell you I'm running out of creative new things to send him or write him. :confused: I've done poems, dirty letters, songs, jokes...I'm looking for some new ideas..please help!!!! Share your creative ideas for letters, things you've sent or websites you go to, just anything..............Thanks everyone!!! :D

PTO-189145
04-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I get a lot of PMs and questions about what I send in the mail, so i just wanted to share some of my ideas with all of you! A lot of you have liked them..and found them really helpful so i figured I'd post them here! I hope you (and your loved one :thumbsup:) enjoys them!

1. I cut out a tracing of my hand...but I ended up making two cut outs...and I taped them down to maroon construction paper...and I had both hands at the ends of the paper (bottom corners) and they were over lapping so it looked like we were holding hands..and I added in all the fancy touches.. Like his tattoo on his hand.. and on MY hand I put my culatta ring (that I face IN meaning im taken)...and at the top I put the poem "We were given two hands two hold two legs to walk two ears to listen..but why only one heart?"..then in side HIS hand I put "because the other was given to someone else" and in MY hand it said "for us to find" and inbetween BOTH hands (the little opening) I put a little heart.Then on the back I put quotes about love and holding hands and hearts ...etc..

2) then I had this TINY TINY little envelope and on the outside I put a "HOMECOMING" sticker on it..with things like "I'm so proud of you!" and "You made it!" with streamer stickers etc..and INSIDE the LITTLE envelope was a MILLION golden confetti pieces... really...a million :rolleyes: and inside was a little piece of paper that said "homecoming prayer" and I wrote a little prayer to God saying how thankful I was for this opportunity..etc etc...and I had a little piece of heart paper..and i put "Homecoming wish" and on the back i wrote directions. 1. make a wish. 2.kiss the heart and put back in envelope. 3. shake it up ..and so I made a wish on the heart..kissed it and shook it up...so he does the same..so were wishing on the same heart...(we have a "thing" with wishing together..:lovestruck: )

3. I made him this paper thing..i cant really explain it...it had a quote that said "with love miracles can happen" (or something to that effect) and it said things like "my life" "my smile" "my reason" "my strength" etc etc etc...and I wrote "you" all over it in pen so its hard to see...but it means that much more when he realizes it...and I tied pink ribbon to it..and on the ribbon was a little tag that said "my wish" (and if you look at it...it looks like my wish is everything on the paper thing..)

4. I sent him OLD things..from previous letters..to help remind him that we are DESTINY..and utterly meant to be...things he LOVED but sent them back to me when he was transferred so they wouldnt get lost..so yeah i sent em again :) and little "signs" we get...between me and him.. Things that get resent seem to bring out emotions from the initial reaction and it brings back happy memories. :lovestruck:

5. I made a little tag..with this red heart on it..and I put "I, ____ vow to be here in good times and bad. This is to remind _____ of my UNDYING love for him." And I signed it..and tied another ribbon to it...and on the ribbon I put the wedding band and engagement ring he sent to me a couple months back (just the pic.)

6. I always put little odds and ends like quotes and hearts..etc..to also put in the envelope..

7.I always say "I found my noah" (from the notebook)...I love that movie and it reminds me of us..well..I copied the pic of them dancin in the street..and put quotes from the movie under it...then I sent him an explanation of WHY "I found my noah" and my friend DREW the same pic of them dancing with the lyrics to "I'll be seeing you" in the backround..

8."A dedication to Love:

This piece of paper is a dedication to love, and all that comes with it. I promise to love you fully, no matter what comes our way. This is solid proof that I belong to you and I will always be dedicated to you. Over bumps and bridges, across miles and highways, I vow to remain yours. Through prison bars and barbed wire fences I promise to stay dedicated. Between laughter and tears I assure you that I am here until the very end. If ever one of us starts to stray, let us be reminded that our love is destiny and we are truely meant to be. By signing this I vow to NEVER give up..no matter what life throws at us. I promise to love you in good times and bad, for richer or poorer..in sickness and in health.. 'til death do us part.
X____________ X_____________"
you sign it...then send it and have him sign it..(make it look like an official contract...put it on some nice paper..decorate it..etc)

9.I took a piece of printer paper (just white..but u can use any color) and starting at the top I put "why do i love you?" (normal size writing) and after that I put. "i love you because you turn my world upside down" (and because I wrote it at the top by the time I got to the words "you turn" I would of had to of went to the next line..but instead I turned the paper and wrote on the side so it went DOWN the page.)..and I kept going with alllllll the reasons why I love him...and the words had a spiral effect. and the words worked their way INTO the page...get it? and by the time I was almost finished I realized in the middle was the PERFECT size for a picture...and I put a pic of me in the middle and the last reason was "i love you because your are _______(his WHOLE name)...I hope I explained it good...

10.I wrote FAITH in big letters on a circular piece of paper..and wrote Faith is...fsjhgsutjhglskdjflskdgjdf (define your definition of faith) and kept the words in a circular motion. And every other thing was Faith is hgksjh. Love is kjdghskjh. Faith is jhskjg. Love is jghkgjh. get it? And at the end it said. I LOVE you and I have FAITH in us. and it was one little circle of words...

11. I have made crossword puzzles, word searches, and even quizzes

Aside from the above ideas I wanted to add in that cards are extemely important. They make cards for everything now :rolleyes: and I never have trouble finding one to relate :o

I hope everyone enjoys my ideas! I'll post more as I think of them!

mrs.shaw
04-01-2010, 11:54 PM
i dont think im that creative...nope i know im not

PTO-189145
04-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Everyone is creative! :thumbsup: you just gotta get in the groove of things..and it all falls into place :yes:

mrs.shaw
04-02-2010, 12:01 AM
yeah well im not the mushy gushy type, i love him to death so my type of creativity wud b i guees quiz puzzle somethin like that. but thankz for the words of encouragement lol

irishcanuk
04-02-2010, 01:50 AM
I get a lot of PMs and questions about what I send in the mail, so i just wanted to share some of my ideas with all of you! A lot of you have liked them..and found them really helpful so i figured I'd post them here! I hope you (and your loved one :thumbsup:) enjoys them!

1. I cut out a tracing of my hand...but I ended up making two cut outs...and I taped them down to maroon construction paper...and I had both hands at the ends of the paper (bottom corners) and they were over lapping so it looked like we were holding hands..and I added in all the fancy touches.. Like his tattoo on his hand.. and on MY hand I put my culatta ring (that I face IN meaning im taken)...and at the top I put the poem "We were given two hands two hold two legs to walk two ears to listen..but why only one heart?"..then in side HIS hand I put "because the other was given to someone else" and in MY hand it said "for us to find" and inbetween BOTH hands (the little opening) I put a little heart.Then on the back I put quotes about love and holding hands and hearts ...etc..

2) then I had this TINY TINY little envelope and on the outside I put a "HOMECOMING" sticker on it..with things like "I'm so proud of you!" and "You made it!" with streamer stickers etc..and INSIDE the LITTLE envelope was a MILLION golden confetti pieces... really...a million :rolleyes: and inside was a little piece of paper that said "homecoming prayer" and I wrote a little prayer to God saying how thankful I was for this opportunity..etc etc...and I had a little piece of heart paper..and i put "Homecoming wish" and on the back i wrote directions. 1. make a wish. 2.kiss the heart and put back in envelope. 3. shake it up ..and so I made a wish on the heart..kissed it and shook it up...so he does the same..so were wishing on the same heart...(we have a "thing" with wishing together..:lovestruck: )

3. I made him this paper thing..i cant really explain it...it had a quote that said "with love miracles can happen" (or something to that effect) and it said things like "my life" "my smile" "my reason" "my strength" etc etc etc...and I wrote "you" all over it in pen so its hard to see...but it means that much more when he realizes it...and I tied pink ribbon to it..and on the ribbon was a little tag that said "my wish" (and if you look at it...it looks like my wish is everything on the paper thing..)

4. I sent him OLD things..from previous letters..to help remind him that we are DESTINY..and utterly meant to be...things he LOVED but sent them back to me when he was transferred so they wouldnt get lost..so yeah i sent em again :) and little "signs" we get...between me and him.. Things that get resent seem to bring out emotions from the initial reaction and it brings back happy memories. :lovestruck:

5. I made a little tag..with this red heart on it..and I put "I, ____ vow to be here in good times and bad. This is to remind _____ of my UNDYING love for him." And I signed it..and tied another ribbon to it...and on the ribbon I put the wedding band and engagement ring he sent to me a couple months back (just the pic.)

6. I always put little odds and ends like quotes and hearts..etc..to also put in the envelope..

7.I always say "I found my noah" (from the notebook)...I love that movie and it reminds me of us..well..I copied the pic of them dancin in the street..and put quotes from the movie under it...then I sent him an explanation of WHY "I found my noah" and my friend DREW the same pic of them dancing with the lyrics to "I'll be seeing you" in the backround..

8."A dedication to Love:

This piece of paper is a dedication to love, and all that comes with it. I promise to love you fully, no matter what comes our way. This is solid proof that I belong to you and I will always be dedicated to you. Over bumps and bridges, across miles and highways, I vow to remain yours. Through prison bars and barbed wire fences I promise to stay dedicated. Between laughter and tears I assure you that I am here until the very end. If ever one of us starts to stray, let us be reminded that our love is destiny and we are truely meant to be. By signing this I vow to NEVER give up..no matter what life throws at us. I promise to love you in good times and bad, for richer or poorer..in sickness and in health.. 'til death do us part.
X____________ X_____________"
you sign it...then send it and have him sign it..(make it look like an official contract...put it on some nice paper..decorate it..etc)

9.I took a piece of printer paper (just white..but u can use any color) and starting at the top I put "why do i love you?" (normal size writing) and after that I put. "i love you because you turn my world upside down" (and because I wrote it at the top by the time I got to the words "you turn" I would of had to of went to the next line..but instead I turned the paper and wrote on the side so it went DOWN the page.)..and I kept going with alllllll the reasons why I love him...and the words had a spiral effect. and the words worked their way INTO the page...get it? and by the time I was almost finished I realized in the middle was the PERFECT size for a picture...and I put a pic of me in the middle and the last reason was "i love you because your are _______(his WHOLE name)...I hope I explained it good...

10.I wrote FAITH in big letters on a circular piece of paper..and wrote Faith is...fsjhgsutjhglskdjflskdgjdf (define your definition of faith) and kept the words in a circular motion. And every other thing was Faith is hgksjh. Love is kjdghskjh. Faith is jhskjg. Love is jghkgjh. get it? And at the end it said. I LOVE you and I have FAITH in us. and it was one little circle of words...

11. I have made crossword puzzles, word searches, and even quizzes

Aside from the above ideas I wanted to add in that cards are extemely important. They make cards for everything now :rolleyes: and I never have trouble finding one to relate :o

I hope everyone enjoys my ideas! I'll post more as I think of them!

WOW THOSE ARE BRILLIANT IDEAS, THANKS A BUNCH. I LOVE THE CONFETTI IDEAS BUT MY GUY'S INSTITUTION IS VERY STRICT AND THEY'D NEVER LET THAT THROUGH. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION:yay:

Miss Meeow
04-02-2010, 05:00 AM
BooBoo<3: Thank you for your cute ideas. I really, really love them!

Unfortunately MSP is very strict too. He told me that they freak out in the mail room if I would send him letters like the ones you mentioned. No glue, no perfume..bla bla bla...hate it! :angry:

Val912
04-06-2010, 08:39 AM
wow those are really creative ideas... which i am so gonna try. what i am doing now is i went to half prized books and look for postcards and found some great boxed ones: couples kissing (set of 40 with no repeates) impression art (set of 24), and modern art (set of 24) they were really inexpensive less than $5.00 each! and i just put motivational, love, biblical quotes and send them to him. He really loves the pics and the quotes

Virgofemme73
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Hey BooBoo, thanks for all of your ideas. I'm going to try a few of them and put my on twist on them. Thanks for sharing!
Val, thanks for mentioning Half-price books for postcards. I hadn't thought of that!

MiSSiNHiM0412
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
wow i love ur ideas
my hubby would so like this thanks for the ideaaas hunn

Val912
04-07-2010, 01:10 PM
No problem i actually got the idea from my sis. Her husband is stationed in Iraq and she sends him postcards all the time to lifts his spirts and offer inspiration. So i was like why cant i send them to my hubby??? i want lift his spirits and offer him inpiration. And the way i feel is that there is alot of beauty in the world and unfortunately hes missing out on it physically but he can always have it mailed to him. I also got a couple friends from outta town mail me postcards from the cities they are from and i send them to him!! he loves it!!! Im from dallas by the way if you want to try it

Hey BooBoo, thanks for all of your ideas. I'm going to try a few of them and put my on twist on them. Thanks for sharing!
Val, thanks for mentioning Half-price books for postcards. I hadn't thought of that!

BlueEyedEllie
04-07-2010, 01:20 PM
wow girl,i am SO IMPRESSED!!!!:thumbsup: you are definitely a talented person!!:yes: the little things really do mean so much......he LOVED it when i made his name like this;
m -
a-
r-
c-
and i did the same thing with his last name and after each letter i wrote a loving adjective,like,M- magnificent,c - cuddly also i am a "saying ho";) I LOVE inspirational and loving,uplifting sayings.I ALWAYS write them on the envelopes that i mail him.he says even the c/o's comment on them and tell them he must have a good woman!!:) GREAT thread!!:thumbsup:

Ldawg14
04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
booboo!! your the best! love the ideas!

PTO-189145
04-07-2010, 10:34 PM
marcsbeth! what you did with his name...thats an acrostic! i love those poems! Too cute! And thank you.. im glad you all like my ideas..sometimes i feel like its kinda corny..but he really DOES love it. :blush: lol

Talented? nahhh..just mushy :lovestruck: haha

hischubchub
04-07-2010, 10:42 PM
I like this!

We got married today so I am trying to think of something to send him. I have no ink so I can not print it....help??:idea:

PTO-189145
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Try any of the ones i posted!..do you have scrapbooking stuff?? or stickers??..anything? Put on slow jams..get in the ZONE and just make something! lol

p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yay:

hischubchub
04-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Try any of the ones i posted!..do you have scrapbooking stuff?? or stickers??..anything? Put on slow jams..get in the ZONE and just make something! lol

p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!!! :yay:

I have an idea. Nothing fancy as I only have colored pencils hah

MGC51
04-09-2010, 02:22 PM
I got the idea to print some pics for MWI... My addresse is female, and her reaction was very positive.
Why?
Because I live in Europe and I don't live in the country of my heritage. So I can send some pics with some discription from at least 2 different countries. So for a little while, my friend who got locked up can take her mind outside... I think, that's very important and I am not sure, if I can really imagine, how it must feel like for a woman to be out of her element, if I can say that in that way. But my aim is to let her think off another world, even for a little moment... Hoping it helps her a little bit makes me happy.

So each letter, I am still going to send, I will send some other pics, not as foto, just printed on normal white paper, copy paper or I just got some white thin paper, because when I send a couple of piece of paper, the letter becomes heavy and expensive, because I have to send it by airmail.

To put any paintings in it, this can be an idea for later.

ayessa
04-12-2010, 12:39 AM
Great ideas, im soooo gonna try some out :) The one with the hands is my favorite!!!

Eric's_Wifey713
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
I have a letter kit. In it are: glitter glue, construction paper, stationary ( 6 different kinds) markers, crayons, colored pencils, stickers, a stencil with different shapes, 8x11 envelopes with the metal claps, large envelopes from the post office with different designs, regular envelopes, glitter foam paper, a bag of assorted shapes. I purchased this all from Wal-Mart so it was not that expensive. Each week this is what I do:

1-I alternate sending a 8x11 envelope that I decorate on the outside with a designer envelope from the post office.

2- I get magazines that he would be interested in-Men's Fitness, football magazines etc. and cut out articles and put in the large envelope but NOT ALL AT ONCE. I try and stretch the articles out. I also send articles that are from COSMO that pertain to us.

3-I go to hotel lobbies and get brochures of places we have been or would like to go to

4-I print out lyrics from songs we love and new songs that would describe us on stationary

5-I cut articles from local magazines, newspapers etc

6-I make at least 3 cards and include 1 or 2 that are store brought

7- I make a word scramble making different colored hearts that he has to put in order to come up with the word. I put the hearts in a small envelope and in another envelope I put a clue and the answer

8- I cut out pictures of our favorite foods and we have a meal together-breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night snack. I also write an intimate poem and then make a picture of our after sex meal

9-I write a few letters and tell him how I came up with the theme of the package

10-I spray a blank piece of paper with his favorite perfume.

I put all this together in a "package" each week-A LARGE ENVELOPE, and mail it on Monday. In between I mail postcards, letters, cards etc, so that he has mail everyday. Is it time consuming? YES!!! But when I think of what he has to deal with everyday, I KNOW IT'S WORTH IT!

HE LOVES the fact that he gets mail everyday. He tells me it gives him something to look forward to. Everything is not always smiles and roses but if I for every "bad letter"-bad day at work, in traffic etc, I make sure I send a positive letter.

I have also found that Borders sells used books that are quite reasonable. My recent order was $27.00 vs. $68.96 brand new and I send him books at least once a month.

I purchase disposabe cameras about twice a year and send to his children/mom/sister with return postage to me. I then make assorted frames, bookmarks, etc.

PTO-189145
04-12-2010, 08:52 PM
I love the ideas! keep em coming!!! :D

kaypilky
04-13-2010, 03:14 AM
these are the best ideas ever ... Y do i never think of things like that ... its a good job iv got yous ... although i cant use stickers etc (not allowed) iv got loads of ideas now - cant wait to get started ....

please keep adding more ideas, yer gonna make my babys day
thanks all x

j&c<3
04-13-2010, 09:12 PM
so i was bored in my room just in sweats and a hoodie on and i look at my camera and got in the mood to take silly picture i put my camera on my desk and angled to fit my body and took all silly picture jumping, dancing, booty shots,.... lol.. of me and i got some cute paper made them picture wallets size bc my printer makes them like that, and cut the edges of the pic paste them on the paper and i put something like "returning the way you make me smile " and i put sticker that talk about smile and love ...
i had to take that to target to make it into a picture bc i got it returned so i made a 5X7 pic and sent it back out :clap::p:

i did another similar to that one but in a bathing suit "sexy" not showing to much at all and the sticker talk about love only and i put a little message at the bottom

and i also got some pretty paper and put 10things that i was talking to God about US and sent it to him in a really big envelope ...i mean really big envelope ...lol.. everyone made fun of him :ha: and he told me that it was the first big envelope anyone saw while being in prison ...lol

just a few that ive done ;)

keep them coming:idea:

im not creative at all but like boo said put some slow jam and you'll be surprise with the outcome :rolleyes:

the good feeling comes in sending it out, my man loves everything i send him...dont matter how mushy it is...:thumbsup::D

Ldawg14
04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
one time I made him a TO DO list..lol but of course everything that was on it was to me..Like give me a hug..give me a back massage..well you get where im going haha

Val912
04-14-2010, 09:41 PM
yes please keep all the creative ideas comming!!! i am getting so many wonderful ideas and im not really creative so i am trying to find inspiration from all of you and your rockin ideas

KAREBEAR1968
04-15-2010, 03:36 AM
you have some very nice ideas, i enjoyed reading them all, any thoughts on mail ideas for daughters? this is all new to me. any help or ideas would be nice. i send cards and letters on a regular basis, would love some new ideas. thank you

Ldawg14
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
send her some of her fav song lyrics. and if you want to make it creative write them out your self and DECORATE!

PTO-189145
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM
A good song to send to your daughter would be Martina Mcbride "in my daughters eyes"...gets me every time :cry:

Also..you could make her a collage of pictures from when she was younger (of you and her..or separate if you dont have any)

I'll post more ideas as i think of them :thumbsup:

Brainy
04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I have only started writing to someone in prison but I wrote some of my favourite song lines that inspired hope, love and strength in them on the envelopes with stars around them.

I doodle (in pencil) a comic of my day coz I am dyslexic and I can't find the right words to describe my feelings that day so pictures can describe it nicely.

I also talk about my culture's history since I am a history buff and I love teaching people new things :)

Dollface.09
04-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Put your hand in the copy machine and copy a print out of your hand, and send it to him and put "Everytime your missing me, just hold my hand". I did that and J loved it!! Or i got this idea from FletchersDaddy, You can write reasons why you love him or why you wanna marry him.

I did one awhile ago for J, i got a dark blue piece of paper, and drew stars all over it, and i wrote on it "If i had a star for everytime i thought about you, i would have the whole night sky in the palm on my hand" and then i put about 30 star cutouts in it! He loved it. When he opened it stars went all over his lap lol.

Im starting to run low though now too, so i NEED ideas ladies!! Where are they?? LOL :)

Dollface.09
04-26-2010, 01:23 AM
ooh i forgot to add this too, If you have a song together, write the lyrics to eachother. Example: Me and J have a few songs together, one of them is called "Hott girl", and we take turns writing it to eachother, like when i wrote him i put P.S. If makin love to you is wrong then i dont wanna be right. (thats the first part of the song), then when he wrote back he put P.S Girl cuz your so damn tight i need a hott girl. (the next part of the song).

Or our song "Must be nice"

I wrote "It must be nice"
and he replied with "havin someone who understands the life you live"

WE always put it in our P.S :)

Im sure you guys get the idea hehe

pr*nc55
04-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Put your hand in the copy machine and copy a print out of your hand, and send it to him and put "Every time your missing me, just hold my hand". I did that and J loved it!! Or i got this idea from FletchersDaddy, You can write reasons why you love him or why you wanna marry him.

I did one awhile ago for J, i got a dark blue piece of paper, and drew stars all over it, and i wrote on it "If i had a star for every time i thought about you, i would have the whole night sky in the palm on my hand" and then i put about 30 star cutouts in it! He loved it. When he opened it stars went all over his lap lol.

Im starting to run low though now too, so i NEED ideas ladies!! Where are they?? LOL :)

Lol I just made my hand.. I traced it and colored it drew my wedding ring and on the palm of my hand I put"when u get lonely or miss me remember that the spaces in between our fingers fit each others just perfectly.. So when ever you miss me hold my hand and ill feel it..." I hope he likes it. :) that's going in our next months anniversary packet lol.. I send a packet every month for our anniversary.. in the last packet I made him a cross word puzzle with questions only him and I know..

kaypilky
04-28-2010, 04:58 AM
more ideas please booboo ... iv been busy for the last 3 weeks with your ideas (he,s loves em) ... a bit stuck now as to what else i can make him (not allowed tape or stickers tho - his prison wont allow it) ...

i need yer help - im not creative at all lol

Tina
04-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Absolutely amazing ideas. Imma try some of them. Thanks so much for posting this.

j&c<3
04-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Kiss In Your Pocket
One day with his letter I sent him a "kiss." I put on my favorite shade of lipstick and kissed all over a white sheet of paper. Then I cut them all out and chose my favorite one to paste onto some red construction paper. I wrote a poem about kisses on the back and then used clear packing tape to "laminate" it. I then filled the envelope with all the other kisses and sent it off! He loved it and still keeps his "pocket kiss" in his pocket!

Just another ideA for Ya"ll!!!!

PTO-189145
04-30-2010, 05:47 PM
kaypilky!! I hear ya girl! I havent forgotten!!! I'll get some more ideas up here ASAP :yes:

j&c..omg..i love that. I kissed his envelope once...never thought of a kiss in his pocket. How super sweet. Imma do that one TONIGHT :kiss:

Lady_Chanel
05-04-2010, 08:30 AM
Thank you, for the very creative ideas. I really appreciate them. I will put my own lil twist to them all. God Bless you all and your families!

angels_girl
05-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Those are all creative ideas Im going to start working on something today but the only down fall is that his unit will not allow glitter, ribbons and stuff like that. So I'm going to rack my brain and see what I come up with.

mikeswifey730
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Kiss In Your Pocket
One day with his letter I sent him a "kiss." I put on my favorite shade of lipstick and kissed all over a white sheet of paper. Then I cut them all out and chose my favorite one to paste onto some red construction paper. I wrote a poem about kisses on the back and then used clear packing tape to "laminate" it. I then filled the envelope with all the other kisses and sent it off! He loved it and still keeps his "pocket kiss" in his pocket!

Just another ideA for Ya"ll!!!!

I kiss every letter and every envelope and every card with bright red lipstick (I don't actually wear it. Its for letters only) and he loves them. But I love ur idea I'm going to do it today! :D that way he can keep a kiss on him always :D

pr*nc55
05-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I made love coupons.. I got flash cards and decorated them and said this card is good for a good sexy letter or a pic of your choices.. I hope he likes them I'm sending them out today..

divatrish
05-07-2010, 10:40 AM
what i like to do with my letters is on the sides of the paper i draw little faces shapes in the past ive also included full page drawings of colorful things that i come across like flowers the way the moon looked a really cool idea is to go online and print out coloring book pages mazes crossword puzzles word searches dont leave out anything in your letters either i know falling up the stairs with an untied shoelace wasnt the most glamorus part of your day but to read something funny might make his day

Val912
05-08-2010, 01:57 PM
one thing i did when my love was in lockdown: i sent him our astrological profiles hes an Leo and im a Sagatarrius and a profile of the two signs together. i really liked it

mikeswifey730
05-09-2010, 10:17 AM
Ok so I had the itch to do something cute for the boo yesterday I won't take all the credit I hit up google like crazy lol. I always go and find quotes to put @ the end of his letters be it about love or distance strength courage always very positive :). But I went on google and found the idea to send him a baby pic of me (like 2yrs old) and I told him, so if we have a lil girl n she looks like me here's a sneak peak! ;) then after that I got a lil carried away wit the throw back pics lol we went to jr high together and I found a few pix from 6th n 7th grade and sending them out tomorrow. Also I saw an idea of taking ur hands n making a heart shape n copying it in the copy machine and sending it :) <3

LadyBabyJoker
05-11-2010, 10:07 AM
I love all the creative ideas and can't wait to add the new ones to my list :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also do a lot when it comes to the mail especially since I can't visit. I send a ton of cards, brouchures to whatever, magazine/newspaper articles, puzzles/games, etc.

Some other things I do are:
1) My baby and I have a cute lil thing that he's Tigger and Eeyore because they really fit our personalities so I have sent him a ton of Tigger n Eeyore things from coloring pages, word searches, pictures of the internet.

One he really liked was I went to a scrapbooking store and found Tigger and Eeyore dicuts (pictures of them on hardstock paper that are cut out) and he loved it so much he entangled their tails so they could stand up on his desk.

2) Going with the tigger/eeyore theme EVERYTIME I see Tigger n Eeyore on something I take a picture of it to send to him. For instance I was at a fabric store and saw that they had them on fabric and took pictures of the design. There were also a 2 boxes of crayons one with Tigger on them one with Eeyore.

3) Pretty much anytime something is funny, weird, random, whatever I take a picture of it and turn it in to a postcard b/c I either thought of him when I saw it or it made me laugh and I wanted to share that laugh with him.

4) Disney has a section on their webpage where you can create your own greeting cards, calanders, and print activities. I've sent him all of them but the cute things are you can personalize stories (inserting our names, along with cars, location, etc) and personalized activity books.

5) A ton of postcards off hippopost.com

6) I make a lot of lil graphics to print him, either with both of our picture or a picture of us together, adding quotes and lil graphics to go with whatever the quote is. For instance a quote about love through prison had a lot of hearts with bars faded in the background and pictures of us together along the edge. When I went to visit his daughter and took a picture of her making a face he made I put her picture and a couple of him makin the same face and put a lil saying about family resemblence on it. He loves those!!

7) Crayola has a thing on their website that can make anything into a coloring page and I'd take pictures of us and turn them into coloring pages. Sometimes I'd color them and send them other times I'd send them for him to color.

8.) I'd print off certificates I'd make for him. All cheesy but he loves them such as an award for winning my heart.

9.) At least once every week or two I'd send him a lil package. The packages mean I send everything listed above with a theme. So a bunch of puzzles n things to do, random information about the theme (so he'd understand) a card to go with it, a few lil graphics or quotes to go with it, and some pictures and I use matching stationary to the theme.

The themes are like Tigger n Eeyore b/c that's our nicknames for eachother, his nickname is Joker so I found Harley Quinn is his girlfriend so a bunch of Joker/Harley Quinn things, a fish themed package (the saying more fish in the sea... I didn't need any other fish I just wanna swim with him forever). Things like that, my next is Penguins with the lil graphic talking about how Penguins pick a mate and stick with theim forever.

10.) We are engaged and want to be married so I send a lot of Marriage quizzes and such. I fill out my answers or tell him my results and let him fill it out and send it back so we can compare adn get to know eachother more!

xxtyvmxx
05-11-2010, 06:13 PM
wow so many ideas ty.

sarah0221
05-12-2010, 09:58 AM
Just a good idea i found :)

Love Bookmarks
Simple and easy to make, these little love bookmarks are perfect for surprising your avid reader with a little love message. Simply cut construction paper or poster board into 6x1 inch strips. Use a romantic rubber stamp in a heart shape at the top and a few words of love to the bottom. Women, want to make sexy bookmarks for your man? Put on a dark lipstick and kiss the top of each bookmark leaving your lip prints. Add a sexy note to the bottom telling him what he can expect later.

ilikbenme
05-12-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the letter ideas! Depression and lonliness are NOT my imagination's friend! All your ideas are perfect! If I ever pull out of this funk I'll be sure to add what finally comes to mind...!

richieslady
05-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I go 2 craft store & get stamps the kind with a ink pad 4 his mail i got some with lip heart i love u i got alot of differnt ones there cute

johnsgirl81
05-17-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm sure this was already said somewhere but I just made something for my baby that I think he'll really like. I went into Word and picked out a stationary template. Then I found words to a song (this time it was something inspirational for him) and picked a nice font and put that on the template. Then I wrote him a little note at the end and printed it out.

danielle_d_2010
05-17-2010, 06:34 PM
I have been trying really hard to cheer my brother up lately because he has been dealing with a lot of issues, and I am the only person he has contact with on the outside. Honestly, I am running out of things to say to him through letters, but I want to continue to make sure he receives mail. What do you do to make his/her mail more exciting? Any ideas?

GStilettos
05-17-2010, 10:16 PM
The "Creative Mail Ideas" sticky in this forum is a great place to start. It's filled with good ideas.

J&D7
05-19-2010, 05:45 AM
If you get stuck for things to write about you can always send articles about things he may be interested in... jokes, short stories, sports results, whatever he may like to read about! :)

angeleyes27
05-20-2010, 10:44 AM
I do things like print love songs that make me think of him. Or I write reasons why I love him on little colorful pieces of paper and send them. But I like alot of the ideas that have been posted here.

rubyred1108
05-20-2010, 09:10 PM
I was looking for some cute postcards and found some on amazon.com called "a little box of I love you" that are really cute!!! But I also ordered some called xoxo and let me tell u they are MORBID! There a couple that were "ok" but most of them were really off color. I am definitely sending them back! Lol

GStilettos
05-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I have been looking for postcards, but I haven't found many that I really like. I'll have to check out amazon.com, but steer clear of the xoxo selection :)

rubyred1108
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
good idea! The I love u ones are all different and there are 40 different designs. Some of them are very simple but I scrapbook so i have stickers and stuff I'm going to put on them. All they can do is send it back right?!? Lol

I have been looking for postcards, but I haven't found many that I really like. I'll have to check out amazon.com, but steer clear of the xoxo selection :)

Val912
05-21-2010, 01:48 PM
have you guys tried half prized books???i got a nice set of kisses post cards for $2.99 it was a box of 40 different scenes of couples kissing and they are vintage which are really cool and they all have a cute message about kissing couples!! he loved them

PTO-189145
05-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Morbid post cards??? :hmm: how in the world could it be morbid lol

Tina
05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Morbid post cards??? :hmm: how in the world could it be morbid lol
LOL! Maybe the designs were morbid?

MisslonelyHart
05-21-2010, 07:03 PM
what did you type in to find them so cheap? i saw some for like 40 bucks

Jazzola
05-21-2010, 07:30 PM
When I was a child my family and I would make 'coupons' for each other that can be used in the future.

My man has less than four months left, so I'm thinking about making up over 100 coupons to send him that he can use after he gets out.

We hadn't dated long before he got incarcerated and therefore haven't had sex. So sex coupons are out, but I still want some sexy ones :)

Any ideas? Fun/cute/sexy wording would be sweet!

chelseagreg1427
05-21-2010, 08:48 PM
lunch date on you, foot rub, massage, a day of helping him clean(if hes messy), date night.

im having a hard time thinking of what else because of the no sex thing lol and im assuming you wont be living together?

Val912
05-21-2010, 09:47 PM
if your asking me? i didnt buy them online, i got them at the chain bookstore half prized book its like a discount store for books, like ross or marshalls of books.

what did you type in to find them so cheap? i saw some for like 40 bucks

MisslonelyHart
05-21-2010, 09:59 PM
i found them cheap on Barnes and noble. Thank you for the idea

Val912
05-21-2010, 10:10 PM
your welcome :p and if you want to send him books i love alibris.com i sent my hubby 5 books for $22.00 and it did include shipping and handling!!
i found them cheap on Barnes and noble. Thank you for the idea

LatinaPrincess
05-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Think of yours/his interests such as: movies, concerts, trip to beach, homemade meal, etc...

TakeCare
05-22-2010, 11:11 AM
1) I get a lot of jokes e-mailed to me. I cut and paste them onto a word doc and send them. My friend gets a laugh plus he gets a joke to share. 2) At christmas we printed address labels with our friend's address and put them into the Christmas cards we sent out with a note asking everyone to send a card to him. He got a dozen or so extra cards.

TakeCare
05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I've put together jokes that people e-mail to me and sent them. I've also printed e-mails from others to send so the can be on the CC list. See my post about mail ideas for the christmas cards.

Val912
05-22-2010, 02:09 PM
you can send him some cute postcards!! or get him a greeting card a cute funny or sexy one and have all your girlfriends sign it with nice well wishes!!!

GStilettos
05-22-2010, 05:08 PM
I got curious about the xoxo postcards, so I checked them out. Rubyred1108 was right! They were morbid and too weird for my taste :) but I did purchase two other boxes and the prices were pretty cheap.

chinupdoll
05-27-2010, 02:28 AM
BooBoo is waaaaaaaaaaay better girlfriend than me!!!!

Damask8
05-27-2010, 09:42 AM
I sent lots of jokes.
I also made this little list that we add to. Its called "Something I love about you" it is on looseleaf lined paper- and at the stop i wrote the title "Something I love about you" and then a little blurb, about 2-3 lines long with why i love him- and then on the left of the line of the paper, i wrote T <3 J and the date. I sent it to him, and he skips a line from what i wrote, and he writes a 2-3 lines about something he loves about me- and then on the left he writes J <3 T and the date, and then he sends it back to me, and I skip a line, and write something i love about him- a couple lines, and on the left, T<3J and the date- send it back-- we've kept this going. It takes about 2-3 days for mail for us- so we each end up getting this piece of paper once a week- when the back and front is filled- i make him a copy of the filled paper and send it to him, and start a new piece of paper over- it takes about 10 weeks to fill up a piece of paper- and its a really good way to pass time and look forward to filling it up!
Another thing i did was I counted how many months he has left, and started with lets say todays month- and I made a box, all equal sizes, for everymonth he'll be in, and i labeled each box at the top, May 2010, June 2010, July 2010, Aug 2010, and go on all the way til his release- and i wrote instructions for him to at the end of the month, write something memorable from the month and send it to me- its kind of like a time line of our relationship while he's in, in a positive way- Sometimes he waits til the end of the month to send it, othertimes he'll write something half way through the month because he says (nothing could top that this month), it could be anything from a good visit to growth in a relationship, transfers, no charge months, anything! his first one was "this month i got Love Stamps" hahaha....cute little things like that

We also play hangman. He is really good at it so i have to stump him. this time around its a bit harder, im using the word "Asian Pear Mojito" which is a coctail at PF Changs. Lets just say he didn't get it in the first two rounds like he got the phrases "Black and White" and "Sweet Innocent Love"

I take dictionary phrases and send them to him, like adore, love, admire, kiss
adore |əˈdôr|
verb [ trans. ]
love and respect (someone) deeply : he adored his mother. See note at revere .
• worship; venerate : he adored the Sacred Host.
• informal like (something or someone) very much : she adores Mexican cuisine | [as adj. ] ( adoring) blowing a farewell kiss to an adoring crow

and then i write out why i adore him, or why i love him or whatever the word may be, i relate it to him and I.

We made a bucket list of all the things we want to do from his release to years down the road- just little things that we feel we are either missing out on or things we really want to do- and we pass that back and forth.

He really likes to draw so i send him things to trace, like a 4 leaf clover, and he'll send it back alll pretty and colorful for me.

Just a few ideas of things i do, im constantly thinking of new ones. Hope you guys like these :)

asrar
05-27-2010, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking of making some custom postage stamps on Zazzle, especially for Mag's birthday card. It'll be cute. :)

LucidDream
05-28-2010, 10:16 AM
These are some of the things I use to do for some of my pen-pals: Make a watermark out of a picture of me on the computer. I would then use that to write my letters so he could see me as he read my letter. I would take pictures, make a collage of them and make a copy of them on my printer. I would then write captions (since it is on paper I could write on it without ruining the pic and didnt have to worry about pic limits I could send) about what is going on in the picture. I did ones of when I was caught doing something funny or silly, here is me getting my hair permed etc. I was big on doing what I called baby care packages. I would find out my pal was in the hole or lockdown so I would get a big envelope and fill it with crosswords, jokes, funnies, articles, pic collages and questionairres. I would try to theme it. I write poetry so I would write one just for them.

TinaLuv
05-30-2010, 01:01 AM
I write my boyfriend everyday. Sometimes i think he gets fed up with me and my long letter lol :D. So i recently decided to make things a little more fun and interesting for him. maybe you might find these ideas helpful and useful.

1. He loves this one particular picture of us staring into each other's eyes, and smiling. So, I printed out a FULL PAGE copy and cut it into different shapes, sizes, and made a personalized puzzle. I included a note for him to put it together,and also did the same with a picture that I have edited and it looks different. Hopefully it keeps him occupied and his mind off of things.

2. There is a website named imikimi. (Go to Yahoo or google and type Imikimi, and its the first link) I love itttt. You can upload your own pictures and edit them whichever way you please. For example, I made one it has a pink background and 5 bubbles floating. In each bubble is a different picture of us from Prom. I even included his favorite quote from "The Notebook." (He is a very mushy guy :lol:) and I sent it to him. You just have to create an account and it's FREE

3. With a different picture that I edited with imikimi, I printed it out. and on the same paper (front and back) I wrote little quotes from movies, books, and little things that we say to each other. I also made sure to include qutoes from his favorite movies like "The Notebook", "A Walk To Remember" "P.S I Love You", ect. Each quote was written in a different color pen.

4. I love writing. So after each letter that I got from him had a poem. I began writing some for him myself. His made me cry. I also drew my own personal backgrounds to go with my poems. He likes more personal touches than the computer stuff. :)

5. He loved smeeling me. I always use both "Moonlight Path" from Bath and Body Works, and "Very Irresistable" by Givenchy. So I sometimes spray my letters with both. I try not to overdue it because of the other inmates. But it makes him feel like Im there with him and he is not alone. :thumbsup:

I hope you guys enjoy this and find it useful. If you have any more ideas please feel free to drop by. I could really use some more :p

J&D7
05-30-2010, 07:28 PM
Aww all these new mail ideas and he's coming home soon! :) lol

#1 sounds cute.. I might do something like that as a farewell prison - hello ME mail idea LOL

Mrs.B_3608
05-30-2010, 08:34 PM
ive made crosswords, sent pics of my body split up so he could put it together like a pin up ;) sent letters for each reason i love him sent cards..put cut outs in them so they fall in his lap, drew him pics..

ilikbenme
05-30-2010, 08:45 PM
I man has been in 18 years and is way behind on all the changes in the free world. I've been sending him stuff about some of the changes like pics and describing the differences in vcr tapes, dvds, cassette tapes, cds, mp3, cell phones, etc.

He is also into space so I found a good picture of the Atlantis lift off that happened a couple weeks ago, saved it to my SD card and took it to walgreens for printing. its looks like i was there. my next project is a "date" on one of the local planets complete with pictures of "our room" at the motel! there's several things you can do with the stuff from the net depending on what your man is interested in.

Tina
05-30-2010, 11:13 PM
There is a sticky in this forum by Boo Boo <3 that has great ideas in it. You should check it out.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474391

Twinflame2
05-31-2010, 05:43 AM
I am going to try this starting this week. The note to my love one starts like this: Have you ever been showered with love? Have you ever been showered with photos? I then explain to him in a creative way that he is going to receive photos of me(as a symbol of love) up until a certain date(like my next visit) The longer it takes me to visit, the more photos he gets. Granted when I do this, I know that I am planning a visit within a week or two prior to starting something like this. I think it is a good way to remind him of you and to let him know that you are thinking of him. You can send a brief message (romantic or otherwise ) with each photo. Just make sure that the ending photo leads to something special for your man.

Do you have a picture of your man that you love? If so, find someone that draws and have them draw the picture and send it to your man with a note of love/appreciation or just something special. Tell him why you love the photo that you choose.

I am going to try both of these ideas which I came up with myself. When you have a loved one that is incarcerated you have to learn to think outside the box and do things in a different way. You have to be creative.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you try and how it works for you.

Good Luck!

PaulM
06-01-2010, 10:14 AM
LOL okay - she and I always used to have a friendly fight about how we cut the lawn. She would ALWAYS cut it in straight diagonal lines. I would mow around the perimeter in a circle that got progressively smaller.

So I took a picture of the lawn after I mowed it in circles, took a pen and traced the circle pattern, and wrote "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" on it.

She said it made her laugh so hard!

mikeswifey730
06-02-2010, 11:22 AM
LOL okay - she and I always used to have a friendly fight about how we cut the lawn. She would ALWAYS cut it in straight diagonal lines. I would mow around the perimeter in a circle that got progressively smaller.

So I took a picture of the lawn after I mowed it in circles, took a pen and traced the circle pattern, and wrote "BWAHAHAHAHAHA!" on it.

She said it made her laugh so hard!

That is effin hilarious!!! Lol!!!

loveeric01
06-02-2010, 11:32 AM
Wow I have never thought of doing any of those things didn't even know that you could send half that stuff to any prison but I sure plan on trying some of the ideas that you ladies have given me an I'm not very creative but I'm going to do my best.

JmsGrL
06-02-2010, 03:20 PM
My boyfriend has been in a lot of different facilities throughout the past year and I have sent a piece of mail for everyday. I have done many creative things and want to share them with everyone.

1. I have used smilebox which is a scrapbooking program to create a scrapbook with our pictures that I print out on regular printer paper and sent it to Jim. Only catch with smile box is that is $2.99 to print out your book, but it is always your book. I have only done this once, every other time I have created the pages in word for free. Added my pictures and added embellishments. If anyone is interested in me sending them a sheet with directions on how to make a scrapbook on word jus PM me, it also includes websites for embellishments.

2. Jimmy was in a facility that wouldn’t allow stickers on the envelopes (I’m a sticker freak and every single piece of mail is absolutely covered in stickers and each envelope has a theme) so I bought a bunch of envelopes from AC Moore, different colors and stamps and stamp pads. I used the stamps instead of the stickers. I can get a bit expensive but usually AC Moore or Michael’s will have a clearance bin with stamps for $0.50 or $1.00 so I usually wait to buy my stamps in those bins.

3. Envelope Liners: I find cool clipart or backgrounds all over the internet usually on photobucket and print it out on a piece a paper, then I trace the size of the flap of the envelope and cut out the piece of paper and past it inside of it, it just makes it prettier when you open the letter. Some facilities won’t allow this because you can hide things underneath it, but I was able to do it at all halfway houses.

4. PEA FONTS!!! If you Google the Amanda & Kevin blog you will see that she offers a entire set of what she refers to as PEA Fonts. Or you can browse through the fonts and doodles and downloads which one you like. I like these fonts because they are handwriting fonts and you can customize your letters differently. Also, the doodles are cute when I put them suddenly throughout the letter or on the side of the paper because they look like doodles. I type majority of my letters so I like the fonts but for those of you who handwrite and idea is to type a quote or poem with these fonts and doodles on the top of your page and print it out either with lines on it or not and write your letter on that.

5. Postcard conversation. I bought a pack of postcards at Wal-mart, very inexpensive and comes with about 100 or so I don’t remember. On the front of the postcard I will put a picture of us, quotes, or poems, anything inspiring as well as a word or sometimes a phrase. As we receive the cards daily he puts them together and the word or phrase will eventually spell out a whole conversation. It really gives them something to look forward too. I have had friends whose boyfriends or husbands who were able to tape it to the wall of their cell and their entire wall was filled with post cards!

6. The Chicken Soup for the Prisoners Soul or The Chicken Soup for the Recovering Soul is a fantastic book with very good inspirational stories for inmates, inmates going through recovering, or recovering addicts in general. Every so often I will scan a story from one of those books that I find very inspirational and I send it to Jimmy with my little notes attached of what I thought, and then he can write what he thinks and sends it back. I have scanned both books entirely so if anyone is interested in me sending them any of the stories feel free to PM me!

7. I cut out newspaper articles regarding local news, sports, and a variety of other things that I know my BF likes, I then photocopy them into a college type page and again write my notes about things. Some facilities don't allow actual newspaper clippings but they have all allowed my photocopy sheets.

I hope my ideas have given you some insight and inspiration I know sometimes you stare at the paper and have run out of ideas! If anyone would like anything that I have mentioned please feel free to PM me and I will send anything to you you'd like! :mail:

Miss Meeow
06-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Something I really love to do is a picture mosaic (http://www.twittermosaic.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/casablanca_color_mosaic_followers.jpg). There are several programs for free on web and it looks great! :)

godislove52
06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
there are a lot of great poems on www.lovingyou.com (http://www.lovingyou.com) i have sent them to my husband a lot.

ilikbenme
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Wow I have never thought of doing any of those things didn't even know that you could send half that stuff to any prison but I sure plan on trying some of the ideas that you ladies have given me an I'm not very creative but I'm going to do my best.

be sure to call the prison mailroom and find out what they can have...some places won't allow stickers and others do....that helps with the imagination thing!

sara21
06-04-2010, 09:20 PM
When mailing to prisons, why types of things can you mail, are you allowed pictures, or just inparticular, my fiance made me this ring (like a fake engagement ring) out of a straw a few years back and i kept it, can i send that with a letter?

anacecy
06-05-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi guys just wanted to tell u of a really cool website i found to turn regular pictures into...cool pictures,haha idk what to call them anyways heres the name of the site
funny. pho.to
and check out the ones i made,i plan on printing them out and sending them to my baby for Father's Day,i'm sure he'll get a kick outta them,maybe u can post yours as well,have fun and come back with ur creations!! :D

P.S. You can also make super cool avatars and/or signature pictures like mine <3

Jamies_Angel
06-06-2010, 03:03 AM
I just wanted to share a cute idea my friends wife did for her bf overseas. she cut out hearts and wrote quotes in them and sent a heart a day out with her letters to let her loved one know how she felt. i thought that was really cute so i found these lil saying/quotes on facebook and here they are:

1) I finally found the man who proved to me they all aren't the same <3

2) Distance cannot separate our two joined hearts, I believe in us.

3) I love my crazy lovable sometimes stupid boyfriend! But thats why we're perfect for each other!!

4) You may be miles away, and not anywhere close to me, but I still think of you..forever and always!

5) No matter how mad you make me, just the sound of your voice makes me smile :)

6) You have my heart, my trust, your in my head, in my dreams. I love you so much its unbelievable! Your my one and only!

7) The nights I don't dream about you, are the nights I stay up thinking of you.

8) Love you 2 day + love you 2morrow = love you 4 ever

9) The world is gonna throw us 9,788,996 reasons why our relationship won't work. But baby I'm armed with one reason why it will! "I LOVE YOU"

10) Your my fairytale..

11) I only have eyes for one man! I love you baby!

12) No matter where life takes us. Nothing can break us apart. You know its true! I just wanna be with you <3

13) My heart smiles when I think of you :)

14)The happiest place isn't Disneyland! Its being in your arms, kissing you, and hearing you say that you love me!

Feel free to write ideas or quotes..I need them I'm running out of ideas to keep my letters entertaining. :)

RasualGirl
06-07-2010, 09:29 AM
ok ladies.....*sigh*

i found out why he may not been writing me lately...he was denied parole...i talked to his councelor. Im sooo down right now. Thats why i hate getting my hopes up. He probably dont want to tell me. He doesnt have that much time left. 8months, but this is my first time going through this. i really love this man and i know hes going through it. He has known since the 1st. I just have o be strong for him. I hope they ship him closer to me so i can see him. Damn i miss him. Ive been dreaming about him alot lately. Sorry u guys...hope yall have a wonderful day

ilikbenme
06-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Rasual: time to step up your mail game! get him a few silly cards and write him the most awsomeness letter you've ever written! he's gonna need you to help pull him out of his silence and know you are still there know matter what. getting busy like that will help you too....you gotta get moving...don't let this drag you down!!! its times like these that being a long distance acquaintence is a pain....be grabbing your hand and pullin ya to your feet to drag you out to the card store!!! chin up, stand tall, and get going....you can do this!!!!

shyraysbabygirl
06-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I have done sooo many things from writing poems, to making him cards, I cut out newspaper and magazine clipping like words or sentences that describe how I feel about him. I even did the ABC's of my love for him:
A: You are absolutely amazing to me.
B: You are my bestfriend
C: You are my comic relief on a bad day.
D: I love your dimples.
E: I want to spend eternity with you.
F: You are an excellent father.
G: You are a gift from God.
H: I am happiest when I'm with you.
I: Without you I am incomplete, you complete me.
J: I only get jealous over you.
K: Your kisses give me goosebumps.
L: You are my true love and I'm lucky to have you in my life.
M: I treasure every moment with you.
N: Nobody makes me feel the way you do.
O: You are and forever will be my one and only.
P: You can make my panties wet without even touching me.
Q: You make my legs quiver.
R: You are the most romantic guy I know.
S: Sexy (one word says it all)
T: I trust you 100% with my life.
U: You are very unique, there is no one else like you.
V: Just the sound of your voice makes me melt.
W: You know how to make me climb the walls.
X: When your around my heart feels like it's gonnaxplode.
Y: I love you just the way you are.
Z: You bring zest into my life.

That's pretty much how I did it.

shyraysbabygirl
06-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I have also took different quotes and sayings that I found on the internet and wrote him a whole letter just using those. I would find them then save the pic or whatever to my comp. then open up my word processor and insert them in the order I wanted them until it made complete sentences that made since. I even found a really cool drawing of his name online and used it. Nothing in that whole letter was written by me, but I still said what I wanted to and he thought it was the neatest thing. He also said I must've had a lot of free time on my hands LOL. I don't know how to show you what I'm talking about, but surely you have an idea.

lindeelou
06-13-2010, 08:19 AM
i dont think im that creative...nope i know im not

I think a little origami bird or animal would be neat made with paper that has little hearts on it or some other pattern. Find at a nearby Michaels Crafts.

Kuntry_By<3
06-13-2010, 09:45 PM
I love this! Those sound exactly like how me and my Babi Boi talk to one another! Of course Ill add my own twist but thanks for the great idea!

2K&33Mi
06-15-2010, 04:14 PM
www.zazzle.com (http://www.zazzle.com) type in 'inmates' in the search bar.

Some example of the cards:

Outside: YOU FU#KED UP YOU FU#KING FU#K!
Inside: THAT'S OKAY, I STILL LOVE YOU!

Outside: Got Bail?
Inside: Me Niether

Outside: When you feel alone in there..
Inside:Remember my love is in there with you!

- My Favorite -

Outside: I hate that you're in that awful place, so far away from my loving arms. However, if we'd have to look on the bright side I would have to say..
Inside: Who else can make those bland Prison Uniforms look so damn sexy?

Outside: When I said for better or for worse I wasn't expecting this..
Inside: But at least you know I meant it!

Some examples of Postcards:

You're not just a number to me, you're my everything!

You may not be by my side, but you're forever in my heart!

I'd marry you anywhere!

I miss you Boo

There is other stuff - T Shirts, Mugs, Bumper Stickers LOL.
Funny, sexy and loving.
Kind of fun to look at. :)

RPDG2010
06-15-2010, 04:26 PM
wow this sounds pretty cool I will check this out. Great info thanks. Q: will this still be able to get delivered if the inmate in in restitution?

brandon m mom
06-15-2010, 04:28 PM
sounds a little harsh on some of the cards.

2K&33Mi
06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
I think you deliver them to your house, then mail like you normally would?

I just found out you can customize stamps and stuff.
They are more expensive than normal stamps, but kind of cool for the birthday month or something? :)

2K&33Mi
06-15-2010, 04:37 PM
sounds a little harsh on some of the cards.

Agreed, but some people need humor to get through tough things.
Even harsh humor. I know I'm that way.

Charlie'sGirl
06-15-2010, 04:50 PM
so i tried to send my husband a post card or 2 from amazing mail.com but they got returned back to me b/c they where laminated. does anyone know of any other free paper postcard sites that dont laminate them? any one have any survey ideas or printout ideas to send our loved ones? my husband is in CA prison and they are very picky lol

mama2princesses
06-15-2010, 05:00 PM
pricey but very cute! I like the one that says when you feel alone in there remember my love is in there with you. Love it! Its $10 for two cards shipped to me so $5 a card. Not horribly bad but a little pricey.

Some of those are FUNNY. I wish I could get him the I put money on your books now your my b*tch one but I think the jail here would refuse it... they are very picky

PTO-189145
06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
omg thank you so much for this!!! I like the you complete me one... you can add your own photo!!! :eek:

let me know if anyone actually orders anything... :D

2K&33Mi
06-15-2010, 06:44 PM
I wish I could get him the I put money on your books now your my b*tch one but I think the jail here would refuse it... they are very picky

Isn't that one FUNNY! :p I'm sorry they're picky :blah:

2K&33Mi
06-15-2010, 06:47 PM

I'm FOR SURE ordering some stamps that say Happy Birthday XXXX and "35!" Haha, but not until September. You know you can never guarantee your card and stuff will make it on the right day, this way he will have Happy Birthday mail all month :D I'll let you know if I get all mushy or creative earlier than that, lol.

mrzjpope
06-15-2010, 06:53 PM
thnx im goin to order some stuff for there :)

Jazzione
06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
I wish I could get him the I put money on your books now your my b*tch one but I think the jail here would refuse it... they are very picky

I like this one too...I dont know if my hunny will find it as funny as I do though!

alwayslovinghim
06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
cool

Stephen's girl
06-16-2010, 10:24 AM
That's awesome!!! I'm going to have to check that out!! Thank you for sharing!!!

anmyers
06-16-2010, 01:44 PM
I've placed many orders with the company!! I LOVE THEM!!!!

The stuff always arrives very quickly (I usually do stamps) and all 3 places I've sent things in to have had no problem with any of them.

I just bought a set of personalized postcard stamps, handfuls of postcards and a few other little gift things.... If you look at other items they aren't too bad on their price.

I also added coupon codes!

10% off each Item: 10ZAZZLESAVE
Free Shipping on Orders $10 and up: SHIPTHANKS10

Kuntry_By<3
06-16-2010, 02:21 PM
I have been looking all over the internet for some printable cards, but all the ones I have found have been only for use in email... Anyone know of any good sites?? Thanks!

PaulM
06-16-2010, 05:41 PM
Okay, so here is what I am going to do next week. I am going to tie a big yellow ribbon around the tree out in front of our house, and then write out the lyrics to "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" and take a picture of the tree with the ribbon and send them to her.

For those of you that may not be familiar with the song, here are the lyrics:

"Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree"

(As recorded by Tony Orlando & Dawn)
IRWIN LEVINE
L. RUSSELL BROWN

I'm comin' home I've done my time
Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine
If you received my letter tellin' you I'd soon be free
Then you'll know just what to do if you still want me
If you still want me.

Woah tie a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree
It's been three long years, do ya still want me
If I don't see a ribbon round the ole oak tree
I'll stay on the bus, forget about us
Put the blame on me
If I don't see a yellow ribbon round the ole oak tree

Bus driver please look for me
'Cause I couldn't bear to see what I might see
I'm really still in prison and my love she holds the key
A simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me free
I wrote and told her, please

It's been three long years do ya still want me
Put the blame on me

Now the whole damn bus is cheering
And I can't believe I see
A hundred yellow ribbons round the ole oak tree

I'm comin home, mmm hmm

Tie a ribbon round the ole oak tree

Charlie'sGirl
06-17-2010, 12:15 AM
OMG that is the cutest thing! she is going to love it!!
Okay, so here is what I am going to do next week. I am going to tie a big yellow ribbon around the tree out in front of our house, and then write out the lyrics to "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" and take a picture of the tree with the ribbon and send them to her.

For those of you that may not be familiar with the song, here are the lyrics:

"Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree"

(As recorded by Tony Orlando & Dawn)
IRWIN LEVINE
L. RUSSELL BROWN

I'm comin' home I've done my time
Now I've got to know what is and isn't mine
If you received my letter tellin' you I'd soon be free
Then you'll know just what to do if you still want me
If you still want me.

It's been three long years, do ya still want me
Put the blame on me

Bus driver please look for me
'Cause I couldn't bear to see what I might see
I'm really still in prison and my love she holds the key
A simple yellow ribbon's what I need to set me free
I wrote and told her, please

It's been three long years do ya still want me
Put the blame on me

Now the whole damn bus is cheering
And I can't believe I see
A hundred yellow ribbons round the ole oak tree

I'm comin home, mmm hmm

PaulM
06-17-2010, 03:20 AM
OMG that is the cutest thing! she is going to love it!!

So, do it!

PaulM
06-17-2010, 09:21 AM
Okay, so here is a link to the video and lyrics to the song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" - what I am going to do is get a big yellow ribbon and put it around the tree in front of our house - then take a picture of it, then print it out in color on the bottom left of an otherwise blank piece of paper, and then hand-write the lyrics for her!

Here is a link - the 'embedding' won't work, but you can click on it to watch it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NQz-qxEbk&feature=PlayList&p=CE4B97D90D6A9729&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=49

2K&33Mi
06-17-2010, 10:08 AM
i've placed many orders with the company!! I love them!!!!

The stuff always arrives very quickly (i usually do stamps) and all 3 places i've sent things in to have had no problem with any of them.

I just bought a set of personalized postcard stamps, handfuls of postcards and a few other little gift things.... If you look at other items they aren't too bad on their price.

I also added coupon codes!

10% off each item: 10zazzlesave
free shipping on orders $10 and up: shipthanks10

awesome feedback!

khendon
06-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

scooterswife
06-17-2010, 01:43 PM
I just ordered some cards!! Thanks

Tina
06-17-2010, 04:33 PM
This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Charlie'sGirl
06-17-2010, 06:04 PM
Paul, omg you have to do it! its so sweet...umm i kinda stole your idea lol i printed out the lyrics and a pic of a tree with a yellow ribbon lol...but its so cute and sweet, she is going LOVE IT:thumbsup:!! DO IT!! THANKS!

Okay, so here is a link to the video and lyrics to the song "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" - what I am going to do is get a big yellow ribbon and put it around the tree in front of our house - then take a picture of it, then print it out in color on the bottom left of an otherwise blank piece of paper, and then hand-write the lyrics for her!

Here is a link - the 'embedding' won't work, but you can click on it to watch it on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4NQz-qxEbk&feature=PlayList&p=CE4B97D90D6A9729&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=49

PaulM
06-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Paul, omg you have to do it! its so sweet...umm i kinda stole your idea lol i printed out the lyrics and a pic of a tree with a yellow ribbon lol...but its so cute and sweet, she is going LOVE IT:thumbsup:!! DO IT!! THANKS!

I'll tell you what! I will do it this weekend, and post a picture for you to see!

rubyred1108
06-17-2010, 08:07 PM
I found a website called The2buds.com where u can buy postcard backing and send ur own pics as postcards. I thought it was a cute idea so I wanted to share. I went on the site and they start at 10 for $4 which isn't bad but it was another $4 for shipping. I'm going to look for some at the craft store!

Charlie'sGirl
06-17-2010, 11:02 PM
cool, so she has 8 weeks till shes home! i bet you are super excited! im happy for you!I'll tell you what! I will do it this weekend, and post a picture for you to see!

D33Zi3
06-18-2010, 08:32 AM
well, it's probably already been done, but I made up a word search with words about my boyfriend and I and how I feel about him and sent it to him. He liked the idea, completed the puzzle in about three days, and returned it to me with his next letter asking if I wouldn't mind sending more. lol

MicrowaveMassacre
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Bookmarked this site! Aww to cute...

TinaLuv
06-19-2010, 02:52 AM
I have been looking all over the internet for some printable cards, but all the ones I have found have been only for use in email... Anyone know of any good sites?? Thanks!

There is a website greetingsisland (Greeting Island). It is amazing, its free, and you dont even have to create an account. You can personalize everything, add pics, quotes, whatever you want. I just made one myself lol. I hope this helps you :thumbsup:

PaulM
06-19-2010, 06:16 AM
There is a website greetingsisland (Greeting Island). It is amazing, its free, and you dont even have to create an account. You can personalize everything, add pics, quotes, whatever you want. I just made one myself lol. I hope this helps you :thumbsup:

LOL on the first page of that site it says "Click here to pick up a Greeting cards"

HONE3YDYPPZ
06-19-2010, 05:25 PM
thanks for the site i will definitely be using is i love the card the reads outside: "when you feel alone in there." inside : remember my love is there with you

Jay's Joy
06-20-2010, 08:27 AM
www.zazzle.com (http://www.zazzle.com) type in 'inmates' in the search bar.

Some example of the cards:

Outside: YOU FU#KED UP YOU FU#KING FU#K!
Inside: THAT'S OKAY, I STILL LOVE YOU!

Outside: Got Bail?
Inside: Me Niether

Outside: When you feel alone in there..
Inside:Remember my love is in there with you!

- My Favorite -

Outside: I hate that you're in that awful place, so far away from my loving arms. However, if we'd have to look on the bright side I would have to say..
Inside: Who else can make those bland Prison Uniforms look so damn sexy?

Outside: When I said for better or for worse I wasn't expecting this..
Inside: But at least you know I meant it!

Some examples of Postcards:

You're not just a number to me, you're my everything!

You may not be by my side, but you're forever in my heart!

I'd marry you anywhere!

I miss you Boo

There is other stuff - T Shirts, Mugs, Bumper Stickers LOL.
Funny, sexy and loving.
Kind of fun to look at. :)

This is so cool.... Thanks for sharing

FreeMyboo117
06-20-2010, 09:37 AM
This is a cool site.. Thanks

scd123
06-20-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks, I am definitely going to check this out.

S&O8873
06-20-2010, 10:47 PM
Thanks for sharing! I just ordered a few post cards and some stamps from them.

mikeswifey730
06-20-2010, 11:59 PM
I hate how they get u on the shipping everytime grrrr! Like I've found some really cute ink stamps online and they're cheap but the they kick me in the butt with the shipping costs pssh great idea tho I'm going to check out the craft store too lol I love that place!

anmyers
06-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Ok Guys... I've got another AWESOME coupon code for you all to use!

$10 off a $10 purchase!!! (It expires June 22, 2010 though)

Use Code: ADBQOBWGPIAVFIAUIHXJ

PrettyBluLuv
06-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Very cute site. I bookmarked it but I do NOT like the infant t-shirt that says "Future inmate" that isn't cute.... I have a dark humor but I don't find that cute what so ever. It seems ignorant.

DollFace13
06-23-2010, 07:22 PM
very cute site. I bookmarked it but i do not like the infant t-shirt that says "future inmate" that isn't cute.... I have a dark humor but i don't find that cute what so ever. It seems ignorant.

agreed!

scooterswife
06-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Just received my cards today and I love them. I will let you all know what my husband says about them after I send them.

Tuesday123
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
I do the random jokes, puzzles, horoscopes (going to send him daily ones for the both of us)
Now I am sending daily late night political jokes to help keep him abreast of the daily news with a humorous twist.

http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/bldailyfeed3.htm

I am also looking for more ideas, so I will continue reading this thread now. :D

Hello ladies, I've been writing my man everyday for a year and let me tell you I'm running out of creative new things to send him or write him. :confused: I've done poems, dirty letters, songs, jokes...I'm looking for some new ideas..please help!!!! Share your creative ideas for letters, things you've sent or websites you go to, just anything..............Thanks everyone!!! :D

Tuesday123
06-24-2010, 03:31 PM
What a GENIOUS IDEA!

I purchase disposabe cameras about twice a year and send to his children/mom/sister with return postage to me. I then make assorted frames, bookmarks, etc.

wicked.woman
06-24-2010, 10:14 PM
take the booklets of quotes n insted of sending them scan and print them on different computer paper( the quotes used for scrap booking) u could also do this with stickers just copy them so they still get the cool stuff but its not against ne rules

J's Babygirl
06-26-2010, 08:55 PM
These ideas are great!! Thanks to everyone! I'm so not a creative person, so it helps getting ideas from y'all! I'm can't wait to try them :)

waitingheart
06-26-2010, 11:27 PM
I had this idea the other night, it may not work for much else but My bf is hurting for pizza and he wants homemade as soon as he comes home.
So I made a circle on a colored piece of paper, then made lines to divide it into pieces, colored in crust, "added" his favorite toppings, then colored it white on top for the "cheese" and had a pizza card.. I totally took and did all the other idea's on here, guess I should have spaced it out lol I ran out and so I did this, I think he will love it.

MrsG22010
06-27-2010, 02:40 AM
If you take a photocopy of your face (or anything really) and rub the back with acetone (nail polish remover) and a cotton ball, the image will transfer right onto your envelope. You can get some really interesting images that way and adds a special touch to your envelope.

Charlie'sGirl
06-27-2010, 11:30 AM
thats so cool, i never thought bout doing that, you are so creative, im going to try it on my next letter, thanks again! one question, do you copy a pic like on computer paper or a actual picture?

If you take a photocopy of your face (or anything really) and rub the back with acetone (nail polish remover) and a cotton ball, the image will transfer right onto your envelope. You can get some really interesting images that way and adds a special touch to your envelope.

JenMarie614
06-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Great ideas! however where my man is out more than half the stuff on that list is considered "contraband" and they'll send it right back! Seriously!

Things I have done:

*Poems, lyrics of songs, short stories, etc. Good song lyrics: Here Without You by 3 Doors Down.

*Riddles, Fun Facts, Jay Leno Headliners, Quizzes, etc.

*Letters from the dogs

*Pictures of the new house (I moved in the midst of him being in there)

*Planned out dates for the future.

That's just a handful of my list. I myself am still looking for good mailing ideas. I haven't sent any "naughty letters/pictures" yet...I'm kind of embarrassed by the CO's looking at them or if they end up in the wrong hands you know? We only have a few more months so hopefully it won't be an issue.

Thanks for the topic!

JenMarie614
06-27-2010, 07:00 PM
HAHAHAHA I love the one that says "What do you call an attorney with an IQ of 12....?" and the inside says "Your Honor" LMAO!!!!!!!!! how funny is that!!! Maybe you should wait to send that one until AFTER your S/O gets sentenced. These are pretty good but as everyone was stating pretty pricey...however....you can make and print your own cards offline for free...so just use the sayings on these and print your own!!! Cheaper ;-)

PaulM
06-27-2010, 07:54 PM
I had this idea the other night, it may not work for much else but My bf is hurting for pizza and he wants homemade as soon as he comes home.
So I made a circle on a colored piece of paper, then made lines to divide it into pieces, colored in crust, "added" his favorite toppings, then colored it white on top for the "cheese" and had a pizza card.. I totally took and did all the other idea's on here, guess I should have spaced it out lol I ran out and so I did this, I think he will love it.

Can you take a picture of your homemade pizza and print it out?

If you can take the pic, I will print it out on a laser printer and mail it to you. Then you can cut out pieces...

PM me if you need help.

-Paul

Charlie'sGirl
06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Paul, did you ever do the yellow ribbon idea you told us about? aww i hope so, she would love that!

Can you take a picture of your homemade pizza and print it out?

If you can take the pic, I will print it out on a laser printer and mail it to you. Then you can cut out pieces...

PM me if you need help.

-Paul

PaulM
06-28-2010, 11:33 AM
Paul, did you ever do the yellow ribbon idea you told us about? aww i hope so, she would love that!

Thanks for asking! I put up the ribbon this weekend, photographed it, and am working on putting it together with the song lyrics RIGHT NOW!

MrsG22010
06-29-2010, 03:03 AM
thats so cool, i never thought bout doing that, you are so creative, im going to try it on my next letter, thanks again! one question, do you copy a pic like on computer paper or a actual picture?

Take a copy off it off the computer. I've never tried it with a photo. But, I think the photo paper is too thick!

PaulM
06-29-2010, 11:23 AM

Okay, HERE IT IS! (attached)

This is a picture of the yellow ribbon for my girlfriend tied around the tree in our front yard, with the lyrics to the song.

Note to mods: I shot this in low resolution so as avoid any copyright problems.

What do you guys think?

thedivinechaos
06-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Not sure if someone already posted this but I just found this website:

http://www.puzzle-maker.com/CW/

I used it to make a custom crossword puzzle for my bf, with clues like "The month we got together", "Your first nickname", "The first book we read together" etc.

At the end of the process a page comes up saying that you can pay them to send you a copy that doesn't look like a website. All you have to do is click where it says to see it as a website, then save it as a pdf. You can crop the pdf so just the puzzle is there, without any of the text asking you to purchase it. Print it out - and voila.

I'm really excited...I think he's going to like this!

Stephen's girl
06-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I type all of my letters because I have HORRIBLE handwritting and I'd like him to actually be able to READ my letters :p but I've been on a mad hunt looking for all kinds of cute clipart and adding them all throughout the letters. I try not to use the same ones or I'll try and find some that are specific to something I'm talking about in my letters. He really likes it lol :)

waitingheart
06-30-2010, 08:58 PM

This is a picture of the yellow ribbon for my girlfriend tied around the tree in our front yard, with the lyrics to the song.

What do you guys think?

That looks awesome, Great job.. I'm sure she will Love it!

Stephen's girl
07-01-2010, 09:53 AM
omg thank you so much for this!!! I like the you complete me one... you can add your own photo!!! :eek:

I ordered several postcards and a few cards and they came out great. I'll be sending them to him sporatically... I'm curious about his reaction to some of them lol :p

Charlie'sGirl
07-01-2010, 10:57 AM
aww thats awesome, she is going to love love LOVE it!

What do you guys think?

brown1226
07-01-2010, 04:30 PM
I found hallmark.com is great idea. You can create you own cards some of them you can add your pictures. The cost is good the most i paid for a card was $3.49. They can send the to your love one or have them mail directly to you. I had my mail to me w/ pre-printed pre-stamps envlope along with postal card and the total for everything was $5.39. My daughter said they were cute.

MrsG22010
07-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Paul! That is awesome!! I've never heard the song before. But, I just listened to it. And the idea/thought behind that is amazing. She is going to love that. :)

EpicLife
07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
what I did was write I love you in different forms and languages... for one letter i went online and looked up japanese symbols of love, faith, strength etc and printed them out and did my best to trace them...for another letter i went online and looked up verses of love in latin and wrote them around the edges of his letter and translated them after i wrote them....for another letter i copied love poems from romeo and juliet, etc and wrote them...i try and use symbolizm alot but yea im kinda running out of ideas too... lol ... xoxo hope this helps some

EpicLife
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM
mine doesnt allow anything either, not even stickers so its really hard to come up with things but i always write in a different color marker, atleast it gives it some sparkle and since i cant use stickers ive been buying stamps (heart stamps or kiss stamps) and i use different color ink pads and that makes it cute too :)

EpicLife
07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
i do that too :))

EpicLife
07-06-2010, 03:40 PM
hi thanks for your ideas...really great...but i dont understand the postcards too much. what are they blank index cards? or do u use those cards at walmart that are to teach kids to read and they have one word on each one? both are pretty good ideas but i wasnt sure which u were talking about? xoxo

scd123
07-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I've been using so many ideas from here, that I decided to post one of my own.

I've been printing funny stories from http://www.onlyfunnystories.com/

I haven't gotten to send any of them yet, but I know they will make him laugh, plus I'm sure he will share them with the other guys.

Also, I did some stories from hoochymail.com...I'm curious to see whether or not they will get through. If he gets them, I know he will love them!

Dollface.09
07-12-2010, 09:45 AM
okay ladies, i dont have very many ideas but i had to come on here and leave some of the things i have done anyways.

1. I googled how to say 'i love you" in every language, and it brought up a list of all the languges and the translastions, i sent him that for valentines day.

2.Put your hand palm down in a copy machine and hit copy, that way when it comes out it looks exactly like your hand, write on the side of it "anytime your missing me, just hold my hand, and remember the spaces between my fingers are where yours fits perfectly".

3. I got a dark blue piece of contruction paper, and i colored it to look like a night sky, i put a moon and some stars, and i wrote in it, "if i had a star for everytime i think about you, i would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand", then i put about 30 cutout yellow stars inside of it and mailed it to him. he loved it, he sure wasnt expecting to have 30 stars fall into his lap though lol.

4.Write him about a dreAM/PAST EXPERIENCE that you have shared together, start with "remember when......". They always seem to love that.

5.If you have kids, then send something from them. I recently bought my daughter a preschool workbook, where she can do little preschool activities in it such as colors or alphabets ect. Well he feels bad that hes not here to see it, so i rip out a few of the pages when shes done and i send them to him so he can see it.

I like the idea where somebody said they cant use stickers so they use stamps and an ink pad. i do that also and he loves it. it helps spice it up a little bit. I always use a quote or song lyric on the back of every envelope as well.

I hope this helps somebody haha. i will definitley be back with more ideas once i can think of some!! I hope to get some more ideas from you ladies(and men) as well.

PEN PAL 2 FEW
07-13-2010, 11:04 PM
I like to mail lyrics to my hunny, of songs that we dedicate to each other, I like to send poems, prayers, anything inspiritional that I find on line, of course I send tons of photos, I try to include him in all the places we go, I will take photos and send him some with descriptions written on back of the photos, I also found lots of poems, tips and ideas on a site called, lovingyou. com, they had tons of stuff!!
I like to send greeting cards, and even when we go places I will send him flyers, brochures, so he can get an idea of where it is we went that day, hope this helps:thumbsup:

bssugafoot
07-14-2010, 05:11 PM
Okay I couldn't go through every page as this a long thread and I got a lot of ideas. The one thing that I decided to do with help from another PTO friend who gave me some creative mail ideas during a frustration period with the prison mail system...I am a tech savvy person so I used publisher and created a newsletter which addressed a variety of things. Throughout the newsletter I put pictures of him, me, the kids, and filled it with quotes. I know this is time consuming but it was so fun to do and so much passion went into to creating it. However, when I printed it out it was beautiful in color....HE LOVES IT! It is also eliminates the need to send him pictures because he has these colorful newsletters with pictures, quotes, and poems! Just an idea!

BB2B_FOREVER
07-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Very creative!

scd123
07-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I like to mail lyrics to my hunny, of songs that we dedicate to each other, I like to send poems, prayers, anything inspiritional that I find on line, of course I send tons of photos, I try to include him in all the places we go, I will take photos and send him some with descriptions written on back of the photos, I also found lots of poems, tips and ideas on a site called, lovingyou. com, they had tons of stuff!!
I like to send greeting cards, and even when we go places I will send him flyers, brochures, so he can get an idea of where it is we went that day, hope this helps:thumbsup:

The Lovingyou printables page is the best! I think I have printed just about everything possible from there!

Bluvsu2
07-18-2010, 03:38 PM
This may have been mentioned but when I type a letter. I put some pictures in the letter of me or his baby cousins. This way he gets a letter with pictures.

Bluvsu2
07-18-2010, 03:42 PM
Got an idea!!! For of us who can't send the lipstick kissed paper. Go ahead kiss the paper but then take a photo of it.

Send him the photo.

Bluvsu2
07-18-2010, 04:45 PM
I just printed out foot prints in the sand to send my friend. With a note from me that says....If it is worth worrying about it is worth praying about.

lilitalymix
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I drew a pretty picture (2 heart cherries side by side)on the sidewalk with our nicknames in each one and took a picture and sent it to him in a card!!!

scd123
07-22-2010, 08:57 PM
I've been using so many ideas from here, that I decided to post one of my own.

I've been printing funny stories from http://www.onlyfunnystories.com/

I haven't gotten to send any of them yet, but I know they will make him laugh, plus I'm sure he will share them with the other guys.

Also, I did some stories from hoochymail.com...I'm curious to see whether or not they will get through. If he gets them, I know he will love them!

FYI, the hoochymail.com stories did not make it through the mail. he said something about having to sign for them to be released to his property. lol oh well, it was worth a try.

Cie
07-25-2010, 06:24 PM

I swear I tried this to no avail.. I don't know if it's the kind of ink that my printer uses or the acetone, but just some of the ink kind of flaked off of the photocopy and none of it stuck. :(

Cie
07-25-2010, 07:13 PM
hello everyone,

this is my first post ever, so hopefully it'll be a good one :) first of all, I wanted to thank you all so very much for taking the time to post in this section - I swear I've read every single one in here and some of them multiple times. I don't know about you, but making mail to send to my loved one is probably the thing that's kept me the most sane between visits and telephone calls. also, something important to mention is that my loved one is in a California county jail, so some of the mail rules might be different.

1) postcards: I enlisted everyone that I know with the task of buying postcards during their next stop over in an airport or with sending them to me from wherever it is that they live (via Facebook status updates, etc.). I found that this was a great way to get postcards from all over the world (and for free). It gives my loved one a lot of joy seeing places that he's ever been to.

Every now and again I will print out two or three pictures of each of the people that has taken the time to send him postcards, and I write their name on the back, what city they sent postcards from, what city they live in, and their relationship to me so that he can collect pictures of everyone that is thinking about him.

it costs extra to send postcards this way, but I send him two or three postcards every day. I'm not a very religious person, but I subscribe to a magazine called Daily Word published by Unity (unity dot org) which is very inexpensive and has a positive thought for every day. For some reason I couldn't get this magazine delivered to him, so I write by hand every days' thought on one of the postcards and send it to him. even though this takes me extra time, I kind of like doing it this way because if the daily thought has to do with something that he can't do, like being outside, then I can choose another days' thought and he doesn't know the difference.

I also was able to get the publisher of the magazine to send me a bunch of back issues so that if I wanted to choose a thought that he hadn't seen already, I could select it from a different magazine and send him multiple thoughts in one day on multiple postcards.

2) Stamps: I wanted to buy stamps that use ink to be able to add a quick personal touch because I don't always have the time to do a full on drawing. two suggestions: rubber stamps are very expensive here in the San Francisco Bay area at every store I've been to. But, I have found that stores will sometimes get a discount if the stamp has been inked already. Some stores also have discount bins (Paper Source does at least...). but my MAIN :thumbsup: suggestion is that you try a new kind of stamp called perfectly clear stamps (stampendous dot com). I bought my stamps and my handle at a place called Beverly's in Alameda, but you can order them online at that website. They are a *small* fraction of the cost of rubber stamps and in my opinion a lot easier to use. you can buy a medium sized handle which will accommodate both small and medium-size stamps completely, and the larger ones you can place the majority of the stamp on the handle and just use your hands to ink the part of it hangs off of the handle. My handle is 4 x 3. I Looooove Theeeese.

3) sometimes if I have time, I'll pick a theme for a week, like love or patience or hope or good luck and then go onto the Internet and print out small images from the images section of Google on the front and back of a piece of paper and cut them out. Where my loved one is they don't allow confetti, but they do let me send these cutouts. So, I'll cut out about 10 different pieces of paper with these different clipart images on them, and then send one quote that has to do with the theme. These envelopes I spray perfume on particularly, and I put one in the mail every single day of that week.

4) I have done those quizzes that get sent around via email that have like 50 questions about yourself. What I'll do is send him the first set of 25 questions and he has to fill it out and send it back, and then I send him the next set of 25 questions with my answers to the first 25. If you have any of these quizzes, I would greatly appreciate it if you'd send them to me, as they do tend to run out pretty quick.

5) my loved one is a monolingual Spanish speaker, and not very big on reading books. and, since there are very few magazines in Spanish that I could send to him directly from the publisher, I've had to get creative. first, I have found the different bookstores that sell Spanish magazines (they have a **much** wider variety than any online source) and I buy them there. Then I go to a local, progressive bookstore called Modern Times in San Francisco :thumbsup: that helps people send their publications to any jail or prison their loved one is at. I take all of my publications there (books and magazines alike) and they have a stamp from their bookstore that they stamp inside every publication and they give me a receipt saying that I have prepaid all of the items that I'm sending and they give me a label from their bookstore that I address to my loved one and tape to my envelope. I then take everything to the post office and send it. the jail that my loved one is at is very picky and happens to be the only jail where the printed receipt is necessary; I know that there are other jails and prisons that people send publications to where all they need to do is stamp the inside of each publication and use the address label and they're good to go. also, by being able to buy my own publications from different stores, I have been able to go to certain used magazine and book stores and buy publications there at sometimes deeply discounted prices instead of having to pay full price online and this has allowed me to keep my costs down significantly on some of the more expensive publications.

6) dollar stores and dollar bins at places like target, I have found some times have coloring books for children that cost just one dollar that contain mostly clip art style images that I can send through the process that I described in number five here, that my loved uses to decorate envelopes that he sends to me, and he can share them with other inmates as well. These are great because they are super cheap and a lot quicker to buy and send to him then going through different clipart images that are on the Internet and printing them out.

ok... I think those are all my ideas for now. I hope you guys keep yours coming!

Cie
07-25-2010, 07:28 PM
1) stamps for my mail: I like to switch things up a bit with different kind of stamps that I use to send my mail. I've learned that the Post office has a new stamp that comes out towards the end or at the beginning of every month :thumbsup: , and then once those sell they don't sell that stamp anymore. So, if I like a particular stamp, then I'll buy numerous sheets and switch them up as time goes by so that that way I'm not always using the same stamp. And, I'm sure you all have been to zazzle dot com for the custom stamps, but those can get pretty expensive depending on how many and how often you have them printed.

2) discounts: I don't know about you guys, but I've spent quite an amount of money at different arts and crafts stores and office supply stores on things like printer ink and envelopes in particular. and I've noticed that by putting myself on their mailing lists (paper and e-mail), I frequently will get coupons with heavy discounts and sometimes coupons that will even give me like free $10 to spend in the store that way.

whenever I find myself in a arts and crafts store or a stationery store, I always, always ask them where their discount bins are because I frequently find that they have different colors or sizes of envelopes that they're taking out of stock that I can get discounted in order to make the envelopes that I send a little bit funner too (and besides I often times need a larger sized envelope to be able to send photos).

nichelej05
07-25-2010, 08:15 PM
I found this wordsearch site and found a cute search I'm going to send him. The url is http://www.puzzle-club.com/word-searches-lovesong-h.html. Thought I would share it with my PTO family.

Thought it would be interesting to list other sites that we can send our love ones that can be fun for either you, your spouse or both.

Charlie'sGirl
07-25-2010, 08:29 PM
omg i did the same thing and it didnt work for me either! I swear I tried this to no avail.. I don't know if it's the kind of ink that my printer uses or the acetone, but just some of the ink kind of flaked off of the photocopy and none of it stuck. :(

TillTheEnd879
07-26-2010, 12:37 AM
Alright, so I feel like the sweetest girlfriend on Earth right now:D and I'm super excited! It's my :heart:babylove's:heart: birthday on August 5th, and for the past MONTH I've been stressing about what I could do for him. This is our first birthday together, and he just so happens to be locked up for it:( so I wanted to do something that would just blow his socks off! And after spending hours on PTO, I finally figured it out!:idea: I'm going to send him 24 different letters over the next few days so he has something to open for every hour of his birthday! (I just hope he's gunna be patient enough to only open 1 an hour:p) Here's a list of what I'm gunna send him!! This has taken me all day and I'm not even half way done.. but atleast I have all the ideas!!

1. a happy birthday letter
2. a collage of pictures of the birthday cake I baked for him
3. the birthday card I bought for him
4. a list of 34 "love" and "missing you" quotes (how old he's turning)
5. A love poem
6. a collage of pictures of me
7. a drawing I did for him
8. the abc's of our love
9. a couples survey 1-50
10. a couples survey 51-100
11. a personalized crossword w/ 34 clues
12. a "missing you" poem
13. Every month I send him a belly shot with a cute little update about how the baby is developing (I write it from baby's point of view)
14. a happy birthday letter from baby
15. a picture collage of all the baby stuff I've bought so far
16. "tie a yellow ribbon round that old oak tree" lyrics w/ picture (thx PTO for that idea!)
17. this life quiz thing w/ answers... hard to explain
18. a personalized word search w/ 34 words
19. an origami box for him to fold, and I'm also including a little cut out heart with a lipstick kiss on it, so he can kiss me whenever he wants
20. a page of jokes
21. a naughty poem
22. a collage of naughty pictures of me
23. a naughty "birthday night" letter
24. a goodnight letter

I just know he'll love it. I can't wait for him to call me and tell me what he thinks!! Who knew celebrating his birthday being locked up could still be so exciting??! GOTTA LOVE PTO!!!:D:D:D

Cie
07-26-2010, 01:35 PM
tongue twisters!

optical illusions!

alw
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
Thanks for all of the awesome ideas!

scd123
07-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Got an idea!!! For of us who can't send the lipstick kissed paper. Go ahead kiss the paper but then take a photo of it.

Send him the photo.

Your post gave me an idea. You could also photo copy it. Ya, it would be in black and white (unless you have a color copier), but it would look almost exactly the same. I think I'm gonna try it!

scd123
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Alright, so I feel like the sweetest girlfriend on Earth right now:D and I'm super excited! It's my :heart:babylove's:heart: birthday on August 5th, and for the past MONTH I've been stressing about what I could do for him. This is our first birthday together, and he just so happens to be locked up for it:( so I wanted to do something that would just blow his socks off! And after spending hours on PTO, I finally figured it out!:idea: I'm going to send him 24 different letters over the next few days so he has something to open for every hour of his birthday! (I just hope he's gunna be patient enough to only open 1 an hour:p) Here's a list of what I'm gunna send him!! This has taken me all day and I'm not even half way done.. but atleast I have all the ideas!!

1. a happy birthday letter
2. a collage of pictures of the birthday cake I baked for him
3. the birthday card I bought for him
4. a list of 34 "love" and "missing you" quotes (how old he's turning)
5. A love poem
6. a collage of pictures of me
7. a drawing I did for him
8. the abc's of our love
9. a couples survey 1-50
10. a couples survey 51-100
11. a personalized crossword w/ 34 clues
12. a "missing you" poem
13. Every month I send him a belly shot with a cute little update about how the baby is developing (I write it from baby's point of view)
14. a happy birthday letter from baby
15. a picture collage of all the baby stuff I've bought so far
16. "tie a yellow ribbon round that old oak tree" lyrics w/ picture (thx PTO for that idea!)
17. this life quiz thing w/ answers... hard to explain
18. a personalized word search w/ 34 words
19. an origami box for him to fold, and I'm also including a little cut out heart with a lipstick kiss on it, so he can kiss me whenever he wants
20. a page of jokes
21. a naughty poem
22. a collage of naughty pictures of me
23. a naughty "birthday night" letter
24. a goodnight letter

I just know he'll love it. I can't wait for him to call me and tell me what he thinks!! Who knew celebrating his birthday being locked up could still be so exciting??! GOTTA LOVE PTO!!!:D:D:D

OMG, Now I feel like a slacker lol. I need to work on what I'm sending mine for his bday this weekend. I only have about 1 1/2 weeks to get it together! Thanks for the ideas!

marrerosangel
08-01-2010, 01:28 PM
My hubby and I send coffee kisses to each other.....he started it with a message that read..."coffee kisses for the misses"......then I will kiss the paper with coffee lips and let him know what flavor creamer I have like vanilla kisses, or hazelnut ect....sometimes its just plain coffee creamer.....I think ya'll get the idea. He sent me a bunch of Hershey kisses papers one time....when I opened the envelope and pulled out the letter they fell everywhere, that was the most romantic letter I have gotten to date!!!!!!

marrerosangel
08-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I love the copy of your palm idea...I thought about taking a picture of my left hand with the wedding ring on and sending it to him. If you don't mind can I use the photo copy of the palm....and then I can take it and write messages on the lines on my palm......good idea....

loveisstronger
08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
My hubby and I take time to write down our feelings and the times they happened to see if they match. We also send each other comic strips we see in the paper, books to read, etc. Things we'll do when we're reunited, plus the usual dirty letter/mushy gushy stuff.

WilliamsWoman
08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
U have to be really careful, send a test letter first cause some prisons will not allow them to come thru... I buy all types of cutesy, sexy, loving, funny, goofy stickers and put them on the envelopes, on cards, pictures, etc. He loves them, if you look in the right places you can even find smell good ones. I usually put LOVE on the outside and SEX on the inside. And for the life of me I can't figure out how he manages to remove them and send them back to me on HIS letters. Even the CO's know when my letters come. :thumbsup:

*MzRizo*
08-04-2010, 09:49 PM
well idk if this is one but i remember like 4 years ago when i wrote my man i drew out my hand and i at the bottom i put lay ur hand on top of the paper when ever u need me.!

cuddleybear
08-04-2010, 10:02 PM
WOW THOSE ARE BRILLIANT IDEAS, THANKS A BUNCH. I LOVE THE CONFETTI IDEAS BUT MY GUY'S INSTITUTION IS VERY STRICT AND THEY'D NEVER LET THAT THROUGH. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION:yay:
Thanks for all the ideas they are definetly great.

stac_icunurse
08-04-2010, 10:09 PM
LOVE ALL OF THE IDEAS!!!! YOU LADIES ARE SO CREATIVE!!! A few of the things that I've done for my baby are:

1.) Get different colored paper (pastels & bright neon colors) to write to him on
2.) Get different colored stationary (check at your local bookstore for really fun stuff! & walmart too!) to write to him on
3.) I've cut out different sized hearts & put bible verses on the hearts about love, friendship, etc.
4.) Have also googled "love quotes" to come up with fun stuff to write to him!
5.) Right now we are reading a couples devotional book together. I have a copy of the book & so does he. We'll read several of the devotionals, jot down our thoughts & answers and mail them to each other and then we get to see what the other wrote! THIS HAS REALLY HELPED IN BRINGING US CLOSER TOGETHER & CLOSER TO GOD!
6.) He reads the same books that our girls have to read for school that way he can keep up with them & "homework". Him & the youngest just got done reading "The Lovely Bones" - she thought it was great that he read the same book!

Just a few ideas! Hope it helps!

Bluvsu2
08-05-2010, 01:25 PM
http://www.webfetti.com/MySpace/Graphics/Tell-It-Like-It-Is.jhtml?sortBy=&filterBy=&pageNumber=10

Has some cute kiss marks to add to those letters.

Miss Meeow
08-05-2010, 01:35 PM
6.) He reads the same books that our girls have to read for school that way he can keep up with them & "homework". Him & the youngest just got done reading "The Lovely Bones" - she thought it was great that he read the same book!

Ooooh, this is such a cute idea! I really love it!

ontheoutsideNL
08-06-2010, 06:10 AM
Hi All,

There are tonnes of great romantic letter ideas on here, but I'm looking for something different. Anyone have any ideas to share for letters to write to a parent?

I've been sending photos, crosswords and short stories with my daily letters. Any other ideas are appreciated!

Thanks!

Bluvsu2
08-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Send:
The newest sports schedule of games (Are you ready for some football?)
Pictures from home
Trips you may take
Post cards
Stupid trivia (things no one really needs to know)
Stats on his/her favorite team

Example:
A standard blue mailbox holds 4,000 letters

Info about other states
New stores that open/news of ones closing

suziek
08-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Go to faceinthehole.com. You can insert your loved ones face picture in a series of photos...with movie stars, different landscapes.

google "funny questions with no answers." You get things like if olive oil is made with olives what is baby oil made from.

google "why boys need parents" some funny pictures there

Hope this helps

scd123
08-06-2010, 08:57 PM
There are tons of random facts on bored.com. I got about 30 pages worth just by copying and pasting. I just put a page in with each letter I write him.

I send lots of paper games like tic tac toe boards, battleship boards, handman printouts, those dot pages where you try to make a box and then put your initials in them.

Origami, tounge twisters, yo mama jokes, optical illusions, comic strips, cartoons, Silly pictures from the internet...

A lot of stuff I find just by going on google. I start typing "cool things to mail", cool printable... random phrases like that and usually something cool comes up.

I try to make the most out of every envelope. So with each letter I send him, I include a few of those printable things too. That way I'm getting the most out of that stamp! And he gets more mail. He shares some of the printables with his cellies when they don't get mail. He says they all talk about how lucky he is that he gets so much mail!

TinaLuv
08-07-2010, 01:50 AM
I got a new idea and tried in tonight:rolleyes:. I made oragami paper heart, an wrote on the front "_his name's_ Pocket Full of Kisses":p and colored it with pink and red marker so its like a mixture almost. Since the folding has all these openings I filled every little opening with as many of my "kiss" cutouts as i could. I did feel weird kissing and re-applying lipstick but in the end i think it will be all worth it.:thumbsup: I hope he likes it. He loved when i kissed his last letter:love2:. Now he is going to have so many of my kisses :kiss:

waiiting4him
08-08-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow thanks for all the ideas i have enough creative stuff for the next 2 years i swear lol

o_cheryl
08-08-2010, 01:37 PM

im not very creative and have been searching the web googlin love poems and seductive letters... so i joined here lookin for help hoping to find something saucier than on the web. -in the same boat:idea:

BlkSouthrnBelle
08-08-2010, 09:09 PM

Send him the photo.

I did this also, but went to Wal Mart and got a 1.99 single red rose and wrote I love you in an open decorative journal w/kisses on the paper and dropped rose petals all around it. He loved it. <3

Johnsgurl2010
08-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I like going to the hallmark website. You can make changes to the cards to fit your needs. And they are the same prices as cards at the store, and they mail them for you for the same price of stamps.. :)

mlynnm
08-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Lots of great ideas, thanx! :)

missin.him.much
08-09-2010, 08:54 AM
I l0ve all the ideas 0n the p0st..lik the stickers, c0l0rful paper && envel0pes, using markers && c0l0rful pencils..stuff lik that..will that b acceptable at a.c wagner..(b0rdent0wn)..

Bluvsu2
08-09-2010, 02:11 PM
August is the last month of summer before school starts, football is in full swing. So what can we do for fall that will keep our loves one busy.

Here is what I am going to do:
1. Send him a football schedule
2. Send him info on all the players of his favorite team
3. Send him weekly updates after Sunday and Monday games
4. Get a shirt of his favorite team..Send him a picture of me wearing it.

I already have some harvest stationary to use for letters.

Planning on sending him a Halloween Card and some "Trick or treat" money (for him to get some snacks from the canteen)

2K&33Mi
08-09-2010, 02:25 PM
I sent my fantasy football roster to him to today
No mail Sundays are going to be okay with football season!! :D

Trick or Treat $$$ - I like! :)

I'm going to to go the beach and write out his name in the sand..
..take a picture and send it while the weather is still nice.

His 35th birthday is next month.
I am sending 35 cards. I have about 10 written and sealed and probably about 20 bought so far.
Those things add UP!
I had to get a hallmark membership, lol!

Hmm, what else?
Nothing I can think of right now but I will be back.
I haven't really thought of any fall ideas yet! :)

dmf
08-09-2010, 02:28 PM
The football ideas are good! I haven't really thought about anything different for fall, but that would be a good way to mix things up:)

Bluvsu2
08-09-2010, 03:12 PM
How about making our letters fall shapes:
1. Leaves
2. pumpkins
3. Taking pictures of yourselves or kids outside in the leave piles
4. Cornucopia shapes (this could be used for Thanksgiving)
5. Trivia about fall
6. Stories about how the farmers work in the fall

These are just popping in my head

Bluvsu2
08-09-2010, 03:21 PM
http://www.crosswordpuzzlegames.com/create.html

Create you own crossword puzzles. Oh this is gonna be fun. Make it even more fun by putting clues in your letters.

2K&33Mi
08-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Hmm. Maybe I can turn a leaf letter into being thankful I fell in love with the right man? I don't know though, lol. Ohhhhhh, he sent me a famous poem once about being there for a reason, a season or a lifetime. Maybe I will write something like "The reason for this leaf is to tell you how grateful I am to spend another season with you and to let you know I'm still here for a lifetime." He'd like that - he likes when I pay attention! LOL

hismess
08-10-2010, 07:25 AM
What great ideas!!! I'll have to see if I can think of any. Thanks for the ideas! They are great!

Susan66
08-10-2010, 08:31 AM
There is a website freeprintables.net that does stationery you can print for free! I have a rake and leaves already and it has holiday paper too.I also have a Hallmark card program about $20 but with card stock you can print all the cards you want lots of Halloween and Thanksgiving cards.

hismess
08-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Hello everyone. Was wondering if anyone had any fill in the blank ideas? I heard some people say they do them and I would like to do a few for my baby. But I don't know how to go about doing it. So could use some help please. Thanks

Bluvsu2
08-10-2010, 10:47 AM
That is another good idea...

I am making up an envelope off all these fun things for him. I am going to send it off as an extra surprise besides my daily letters.

Also going to start looking for postcards to send to him too.

hismess
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I'd like to put together a folder full of different things like this for him, before I start back to college next week. That way I can pull out 1 or 2 things a week to send him. I do a story already an send a new part each week an he loves those.

Halo666
08-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Did someone ever use servicing with a nice motive?Take them and write on the back of it.:)

hectorsbabygirl
08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
I'll send Halloween Ghost stories and haunted places in our state. Halloween Jokes. Notes wrote on the back of printed candy wrappers, Pumpkins made of construction paper from our kids. etc...... Bible scripture. Already sent football schedules...:)

Bluvsu2
08-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Just saved a ton of clip art to my computer. This will be inserted into letters. Love the scary story idea. He knows I won't read them, so I will have to ask them how they were.

For those of you playing 20 questions....

How about 31 trivia for the month of October (related to Halloween)

Bluvsu2
08-10-2010, 02:20 PM
When you know a friend or co-worker is going on vacation. Give them a few bucks to bring back post cards for you. Then send them to your loved one. Gives them something new to look at.

JShaw
08-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Omg you ladies have AMAZING ideas...thank you soooo much!!
:thumbsup:

hismess
08-10-2010, 07:29 PM
i would love to do some of the ideas on here, like the tracing of my hand with a small quote or doing different shaped hearts with different quotes on them. but i'm not sure if his camp will allow it. guess i could try and see what happens.

JShaw
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
@ Raven...just call the facility he is located at and talk the mail room. They will let you know what is and isnt allowed!! Good luck girl

hismess
08-10-2010, 07:45 PM
thanks, but already tried that. they were not very helpful or nice. ugh! must of caught them on a bad day! ugh!

Charlie'sGirl
08-11-2010, 12:02 AM
what prison is he at? you might find info on here in different fourms for that prison. good luck girly!:p
thanks, but already tried that. they were not very helpful or nice. ugh! must of caught them on a bad day! ugh!

mrs.crishon
08-11-2010, 02:28 AM
Hey PTO I write my husband very often. 100's of letters and with 7 months remaining 100's of more. He says he loves my letters and I am sure he does. HOWEVER, I have been trying to think of new things to send him to have him say oh that was different, cute, something to make you go hmmmmm ect. I am sure we all want to send something new. For example some things that I may do is buy the cute envelopes so when they pass out mail to him he will know he have mail from afar, I will use colored paper when I type him a letter and always change the fonts, I have made a question sheets with about 100 questions give or take and I will complete it and send one for him to complete and mail back, I will go to hallmark.com and send him cards with pictures of me on them and that is just a few things I can think of off hand. Let's all share some things that we do or some websites that you may have come across that we all can do. It can be fun, cute, a game or whatever. One person may like it and one may not but we will never know if you keep the secret to yourself. As I think of more I will make sure to post.

mrs.crishon
08-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Another thing that I am in the process of trying to create is a crossword puzzle. I want to do a list of words that relate to him and I or even just me and mail it to him and see how many words he can find and then wait for him to mail it back to me. Its corney but cute...

mario's girl!
08-11-2010, 02:58 AM
i think the crossword sounds fun i think i'll try it thanxs

hismess
08-11-2010, 08:31 AM
He's at sampson ci in nc. I'll look

mlynnm
08-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I send my brother, crossword puzzles sudoku puzzles, lyrics 2 his favorite songs, jokes, we have played tic tac toe through the mail (its a long game but it's nice 2 b able 2 do something w/him). I alway use colored envelopes (for the same reason you do, so he can see it coming :) ). I have also send him lots for religious stories & devotionals (printed right from the Spiritual Forum) and I've sent him those little paper cards & bookmarks that have religious quotes & verses on them. And of course I send him pictures & collages of the family, his friends and of the neighborhood. Oh and I send him cards when there's nothing new to talk about in a letter. That's all I can think of for now but I'll be back if I think of anything else. :)

Charlie'sGirl
08-11-2010, 04:53 PM
hi love, i found this link for you. i hope it helps you!
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=496941&highlight=sampson
He's at sampson ci in nc. I'll look

Charlie'sGirl
08-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Girls,
my husband and I are planning our church wedding but its hard to get in put from him at a visit cause im more into him then anything else. i want to write him a list of questions like what he wants at the wedding, likes, ideas but i asked him to write down a list for me and he didnt know how to put it. he asked me to mail him a list of questions and he will fill them out. Do you girls have any questions i can ask him? im drawing a blank lol i think cause i get so focused on it i feel like im losing my mind...any questions will help..please!! lol thanks Marta

JShaw
08-11-2010, 04:58 PM
@ CharliesGirl....ask about colors, flowers, how many best men, bridesmaid, who he wants there, flowergirl, ring bearer, big wedding or small wedding, etc. Hope that helps a little bit.

Where can I find a link to Red Rock's mail room? The prison is an out of state prison in Arizona.

Charlie'sGirl
08-11-2010, 05:13 PM
hey Jshaw, i found these 2 links for you, i hope they help.
Mail:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472405
August Chat for Red Rock
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=495000

thank thanks for the ideas...i have to get his imput expecially since we are having a church wedding! thanks again! good luck chica! :thumbsup:

@ CharliesGirl....ask about colors, flowers, how many best men, bridesmaid, who he wants there, flowergirl, ring bearer, big wedding or small wedding, etc. Hope that helps a little bit.

Where can I find a link to Red Rock's mail room? The prison is an out of state prison in Arizona.

JShaw
08-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Thanks girl! Good luck on the wedding!!!

Me and mine are getting married in April!! Yay!

Charlie'sGirl
08-11-2010, 05:21 PM
aww yay...april will be here soon enough...we are already married but want to get married in a church in 2012 on our together anniversary and civil wedding day so then we will have 3 anniversarys that day! lol together, civil and church...im excited, its going to be a 1940's theme... Thanks girl! Good luck on the wedding!!!

Me and mine are getting married in April!! Yay!

JShaw
08-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Awwww thats beautiful!! Im super excited to plan a wedding for the outside world..

TBONES WIFE
08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the ideas but can't use some because of them being so picky but they were still cute.

HassGirlfriend
08-12-2010, 12:38 PM
I been writing my boyfriend for a year now and have run fresh out of ideas on what to mail. I've done it all from fragranced letters, stickers, letters with stickers, letters with pictures on them, colored paper, poems, pictures, search words, etc...

I want to send him something fresh.....:cool::rolleyes:

HassGirlfriend
08-12-2010, 02:04 PM
There's a create a word search online, that I've done for my boyfriend. I also do the colored paper/envelopes, also try stickers to plain paper/envelopes, pictures, cards, or print poems with your pictures in it. I have run out of ideas too and have been trying to come up with some things. Romance questionares are cool also like from lovingyou(dot)com.

Bluvsu2
08-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Go to the stickys about creative mail ideas. I posted one about making your own crossword puzzle.

Charlie'sGirl
08-13-2010, 11:48 PM
have you tried like the survey's from myspace. Myspace-surveys.com
just like copy and paste them to a blank page on my ms word and fill it out with your answers, print then erase all the answers and print so he can fill them out and send them back to you. its pretty fun reading all their answers lol good luck girly!
There's a create a word search online, that I've done for my boyfriend. I also do the colored paper/envelopes, also try stickers to plain paper/envelopes, pictures, cards, or print poems with your pictures in it. I have run out of ideas too and have been trying to come up with some things. Romance questionares are cool also like from lovingyou(dot)com.

Hallwaywalker
08-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi everybody...I use this in my writing class, and thought it might be a good thing to do with some of our letters that Hubs and I share. Check out Wordle.com. Here's a link to a Wordle that I did from a page out of a recent letter I sent to Hubs:

http://tinyurl.com/3acepn3

<3SDLO417
08-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Hello Ladies,
I do a lot more reading on PTO vs posting. However, I really love this thread and all of you ladies have so many wonderful ideas and I wanted to give back. I’m coming out of my “comfort zone” and sucking it up to post this.
** I’m not sure if this would qualify for creative mail ideas BUT I think it does, right?**
I always try to include my husband by taking pictures, so he feels included and I incorporate them when I write on a daily basis. I keep my camera with me and when I see something, I want him to see I snap a picture. I was at the park and seen 2 swans swimming, so I snapped a picture and typically I will use Adobe photoshop to add a message or color…ect. ect.
So … I started “incorporate” a message (I love you… Miss you… quote…. Smile… Mrs. ####, Wifey) into a picture instead of using Adobe to add a message, I would write a little message on a piece of construction paper and/or on my body, put on some red lips and take a picture with a personalized message for him
This is how it all started: One day I came home from work, I immediately sat down at the kitchen, looked around and seen how much different my home is now that he’s gone…. I was wearing heels (work at corporate UGH !!) and I thought to myself… WOW these are hard shoes (heels) to walk in. I thought to myself… these shoes aren’t hard to walk in…. “his” are. I took a lipliner and wrote down the side of my calf “try walking in these” with an arrow point to my shoes. I crossed my legs with my heels on and set the timer and snapped the picture… and sent it off. … He really really loves personalized little messages.. he said that he know these were taken specifically with him in mind and he always looks forward to another one. I’ve also hand written little messages on construction paper using markers. Sometimes I use Adobe to make it a little different… a little new
You can really be creative when it comes to it… you can draw a heart over your heart… you could be a little risqué with it as well…. I had an open back shirt on and had my best friend write down my spine “remembered always” in Kanji…. Super cute All I know is he really… really loves these and he says that these are made just for him.
Ok (exhale).. I’m going to post an example…. Simple but cute… I mailed this one today. My daughter snapped a few pic’s for me… I picked this one….
** I love using Adobe and would be more than willing to photo shop pictures** Send them my way 

Bluvsu2
08-17-2010, 09:01 AM
I am going to do one of all the words that remind me of him and send it to him.

Burythecastle10
08-17-2010, 11:34 AM
I like to send fun facts about various things like an earthworm as the subject one day, an ant the next, this day in history, and just current events. I do it everyday so that way it still seems like a surprised. Today I sent 'what your poop is telling you.' It seems gross but its informative information that we should all know and with the food in prison its important to know how to 'listen' to what our bodies are telling us. I learn at the same time. I also send daily devotionals that I work on. Whatever subject is weighing on my mind I do research to find biblical strength. Today was judgement. I just recently rediscovered my faith, with his help, so my mind is going all the time. He sends me bible verses and I get them on the days I need them most, they're always point without him being able to know on thursday ill need a verse on patience for saturday. There's truth there.

Burythecastle10
08-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Also, aside from glitz and glamour try to keep him informed and involved on all levels as much as possible. I give him little 'to do' lists and he does the same for me, I send bank receipts with the balance of both checking and savings, and inform him of impending bills. He never asks what's going on, I take it on my intiative to let him know that although he's not here physically, we're on the same page and if he thinks we need to change something, I'm open to suggestion and compromise. Sure, I make the money right now, however you must leave that at the door when you decide to wait. Love is self-less. I was a military wife and learned from the mistakes made with that relationship. Sure, I sent care packages with comforts of home but our communication door remained just cracked. I would just pay the bills and make financial decisions and in a sense he expected to just know and be asked about the big decisions and I somewhat became resentful because I was doing a great job. So when he came back I had a very hard time handing over the paaton (sp?) Anyway, andrew does not ask for these items and says thank you. I believe it will help him transition back into things when he gets back because he will still be connected and will know his opinion is always welcomed. There will be things they won't be able to understand but give them a chance. Some women get bitter for being 'left with all the daily problems' and issues arise but we do it to ourselves. We think its easier. Keep the door open and forget about control.

Burythecastle10
08-17-2010, 11:55 AM
I meant I don't do it everyday. Maybe every 3 or 5 days

<3SDLO417
08-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Mult windows open. posted wrong thread

<3SDLO417
08-21-2010, 09:23 PM
So my husband is in reception at San Quentin, he said that he spends a lot of time is spent in his cell. Monopoly is his favorite game. I made a mini monopoly game (I attached picture). I made this with construction paper/printer/scissors and a lot of patience. Got the kids involved with cutting.

Included: monopoly game board, all monies in different colors, all properties both front and back, community chest & chance, houses, hotels, 2 oragami dice and little cut outs of place markers... like the shoe... the hat ect

If you notice in the picture, I put my glasses down, so you can see how big it actually is, the board itself is a standard size piece of paper under it is a manilla envelope which should give you a good idea on size, everything else is mini as well. A LOT of TIME and PATIENCE went into this.

If anybody is up to do this little project. I saved all my templates, which means all the scanning ...resizing, editing was done which is really the hard part. All you have to do it print and cut...Let me know and I can pass everything along.

Im attaching picture... I REALLY HOPE HE LIKES THIS! We sent this priority to him today.

Dollface.09
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
DAAAAAAAAAAAMMNN girl!! you got patience!! Lol,
he will absolutely LOVE it!!
i wish i had patience like that.
i would pay you to make me one and send me it? lol