View Full Version : ~* SOL April Chat Lounge *~

PTO-110524
04-01-2010, 08:24 AM
http://dl6.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1115/1115656kjpx9po6n4.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com/)

Welcome everyone to your April Chat Lounge.

:D:D:D

LANz012388
04-01-2010, 08:46 AM
SGV GIRL
my experience has been great there so far...i can call today actually between 11 and 1 to make an appointment...the fone lines will ALWAYS be busy...keep trying...if u dont end up getting through i suppose you can walk up although i havent yet done this. happy visiting.
HAPPY APRIL EVERYONE

mrs.mac
04-01-2010, 04:24 PM
My visits have been great as well....I have always received an approval via email by the end of the week...So no problems so far.....:D

SGV girl
04-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Well, it took an hour or so of trying - felt like I was trying to win a radio contest! But I did manage to get an apointment over the phone for 8 am this Sunday. Now, I just have to deal with the MISERABLE six hour drive. Way to slap me in the face, CDCR...you know? But I am hoping all goes smoothly...been waitin for him to mainline for 5 long months :( So I'm okay :D
I will let you all know how it goes!

sw33tness052709
04-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Wow April already. i cant believe how fast time is going. one more year and he will be home.until then im ready for my visits haha get to see him this weekend. cant wait

humboldtsweetie
04-02-2010, 11:07 PM
happy april everyone! i wish i could say happy spring but all this rain isn't making it feel very spring-y out.
We are on our final countdown. 76 days left as of today! ugh finally! We had a wonderful visit last weekend it was great although very sad to have to leave. This sunday is his birthday and I won't get to be there so I'm a little sad but hopefully his mama will be able to go. I have had good experiences so far with visiting too. I always do the email and within a day or 2 i get a reply back so no problems.
SGV- ugh i hate the drive! it takes me 6 hours as well. I always have to psych myself up for the drive lol i hope you have fun!
Lanz- girl it was soo fun to see you last weekend! i'm so glad we get to be there together again lol! text me sometime!

LANz012388
04-03-2010, 12:27 AM
fasho humboldt!
it felt like a mini folsom reunion...=)
hope ur doing well...

HAPPY VISITING TOMORROW EVERYONE!

sw33tness052709
04-03-2010, 11:16 PM
Got to visit today and got to take the kids too. he was really happy and i think we are even closer now. it took a mission to get there between bart and amtrak and three buses n walkin but it was all so worth it jus gotta find a easier way next time haha. they were also singing today n we really enjoyed that as well.

LANz012388
04-04-2010, 08:21 AM
i also thought todays visit was AWESOME!!!!! the entertainment made our visit 20x's better and brought the biggest smile to both of our faces =) they shud allow that every weekend! =)

SW33TNESS- where do u come from....u mentioned bart and amtrac wht part of northern cali are you...seems like u had quite the commute..

sw33tness052709
04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
im like an hr away n hayward but u kno how public transportation is haha

SGV girl
04-05-2010, 10:25 PM
YAY :D
Visted on Sunday and everyone there was SUPER helpful. The boys loved being able to spend the whole day with their daddy, they haven't spent that kind of time with him in a year. And Mommy liked it too ;) It was so nice to finally hold and kiss my babe again.

Wish I knew what you all looked like! We were in A Visiting on Sunday....

Won't be going back until May, due to drive and expense. Hope by then to see you all :)

To everyone who helped me through the appointment fiasco and gave me all the info THANK YOU so much. It went really smooth and I am glad my anxiety was for nothing :)

Hope to see you all up there maybe??? Be Blessed

humboldtsweetie
04-06-2010, 01:58 AM
aww I'm glad to see everyone had GREAT visits! I'm trying to come back down in may also so possibly I will see some of you then! Aww i love when they do the music! when i was there valentines day weekend they had it and it was soo nice! hubby was singing along to all the songs lol i was tryin to get him to go up there and sing a song to me but he was too embarrassed haha. oh well wishful thinking right? i'm happy you all got to spend time with your loved ones this weekend! hubbys bday was sunday so i was sad i didn't get to go

sw33tness052709
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
aww I'm glad to see everyone had GREAT visits! I'm trying to come back down in may also so possibly I will see some of you then! Aww i love when they do the music! when i was there valentines day weekend they had it and it was soo nice! hubby was singing along to all the songs lol i was tryin to get him to go up there and sing a song to me but he was too embarrassed haha. oh well wishful thinking right? i'm happy you all got to spend time with your loved ones this weekend! hubbys bday was sunday so i was sad i didn't get to go

haha boo kept trying to go up and sing and i wouldnt let him.i would be so red lol...so instead he jus sang n my ear. so i was all smiles. imma be goin back the weekend of april 24 n 25th cuz my bday is the 26th.

sw33tness052709
04-06-2010, 08:17 PM
YAY :D
Visted on Sunday and everyone there was SUPER helpful. The boys loved being able to spend the whole day with their daddy, they haven't spent that kind of time with him in a year. And Mommy liked it too ;) It was so nice to finally hold and kiss my babe again.

Wish I knew what you all looked like! We were in A Visiting on Sunday....

Won't be going back until May, due to drive and expense. Hope by then to see you all :)

To everyone who helped me through the appointment fiasco and gave me all the info THANK YOU so much. It went really smooth and I am glad my anxiety was for nothing :)

Hope to see you all up there maybe??? Be Blessed

yeah i was super anxious my first time going but its really not that bad. first visit took a min for us to both get in there but it was so worth it last visit was much faster n so much better.

Mzcrazybitxh
04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
geesh i gotta get on more often i hope yall easter n yall visits was great.. i gotta visit or he's gonna think im not trying lol ill try n vist at the end of the month.. alot of family going to the hospital so pray for us =) but i hope this weekends visits go well n smooth for yall... NO MAKING OUT BY THE EXIT DOOR BY THE VENDING MACHINES.. I SAW YALL SUCKIN FACE LAST TIME LOL.. YAll be safe n careful

lovies, Kat

sw33tness052709
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
geesh i gotta get on more often i hope yall easter n yall visits was great.. i gotta visit or he's gonna think im not trying lol ill try n vist at the end of the month.. alot of family going to the hospital so pray for us =) but i hope this weekends visits go well n smooth for yall... NO MAKING OUT BY THE EXIT DOOR BY THE VENDING MACHINES.. I SAW YALL SUCKIN FACE LAST TIME LOL.. YAll be safe n careful

lovies, Kat
haha oops my bad ill try n hide the makin out a lil bit better lol. imma b goin at end of month too

Mzcrazybitxh
04-09-2010, 02:14 PM
haha oops my bad ill try n hide the makin out a lil bit better lol. imma b goin at end of month too

hopefully ill see ya there n a couple of the pto fam...i miss my snikerdoodles its been sept since i seen that crazy man of mines !! ill try n hit u up on aim or yahoo.. lol

lovies, kat

humboldtsweetie
04-11-2010, 08:31 PM
hey everyone! wow april is flying by! i'm thinking maybe the weekend of the 24th 25 i think this month i will try and go for our last visit yay! but i think i might do a walk on. havent ever done one yet anyone got any experience with those?

sw33tness052709
04-11-2010, 08:36 PM
hey everyone! wow april is flying by! i'm thinking maybe the weekend of the 24th 25 i think this month i will try and go for our last visit yay! but i think i might do a walk on. havent ever done one yet anyone got any experience with those?
i never did walk ons but from what ive seen it takes a min.maybe make an appt n then if u dont make it you can just walk on. i am making appts for the 24th n 25th tomorrow so i can c my baby 4 my bday. i cant wait.

LANz012388
04-11-2010, 10:27 PM
humboldt...
i wouldnt recomend it...i did it saturday for me and his dad...NOT GOOD...i mean once we got our numbers we got in fast...but luckily we got there at 1125 cuz at 1130 the line was massive...

hope all you ladies had a good weekend.

keysgirl
04-12-2010, 01:06 AM
When at all possible, make an appointment. The appointment system, imo, works so much more convenient. Had an appt on Saturday @ 8:30, was looking at his sexy face by 9:15. Walked up today (usually don't visit on Sundays so didn't make an appt.) got in line at 11:30, they didn't pass out numbers until a little after 12 and wasn't looking at him until 2:05; not to mention the rain and the cold.

humboldtsweetie
04-12-2010, 03:39 AM
yuuck! lol ok ok so no walk on after all haha. usually i make an appointment at 8 am but I'm gonna be a busy bee down there already so I don't think I'm gonna be gettin up at 5 am to be there by 730 lol. i would love to but it just isn't gonna happen. Plus I am going down there to help out his mom mostly and get stuff taken care of for school so I originally didn't think I would be able to see him but I guess if im gonna be all the way down there I better show up haha. I'm thinking just on Sunday the 25th I'm going to show up, possibly do a 9 or 930 appointment. Hope to see you all there! Lanz girl I better see you there at least lol

humboldtsweetie
04-12-2010, 03:44 AM
p.s. I saw a lot of girls wearing like short white little over jackets. I thought we weren't supposed to wear white. Is it ok as long as it isn't all white? I have one of those little white cropped over things and I wanna wear it next time if it is gonna be ok!

BABY1N2
04-12-2010, 05:40 AM
all White should be fine - women wear white pants ALL the time & get in...

as a kind of regular...gotta say, makes sure you print out your confirmation, I never have & this Saturday it took longer to get in bcuz they decided to put me & LOTS of others in a later timeslot even though we had an 8am confirmation...everyone that followed directions was smart & printed theirs was allowed to go in, ya my bad :slap: ...but then they decided there were TOO many ppl claiming the same so they let everyone get a pass.

Boo'sBaby
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
all White should be fine - women wear white pants ALL the time & get in...

as a kind of regular...gotta say, makes sure you print out your confirmation, I never have & this Saturday it took longer to get in bcuz they decided to put me & LOTS of others in a later timeslot even though we had an 8am confirmation...everyone that followed directions was smart & printed theirs was allowed to go in, ya my bad :slap: ...but then they decided there were TOO many ppl claiming the same so they let everyone get a pass.

That happened to me too! I never print out my confirmation and of course, my name wasn't listed for 1030 appointment! Supposedly there was a glitch in the system and there were about 15 of us standing there without a confirmation.

BTW, did you guys notice how they cancelled almost all visitors with appointments by 1245...in my opinion, that is just wrong. I only saw my husband for 90 minutes, and I felt even worse for the guys who only got 45 minute visits...but on the bright side, at least Chambers isn't there anymore!! ha ha ha!!!

SGV girl
04-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Hey :D
Emailed for appt for Sat at noon and Sun at 8am, so if I don't get a long visit Sat I hope I do Sun :) Since I drive over 6 and a half hrs, they said they won't terminate, cuz it's well over 250 miles...so I feel at least that's a small blessing.

I will definitely print out my confirmation, especially for Sat since I will be there at noon while all the walk ins are there. Oy.

I do have one question, totally unrelated - is the only way to get the fam visit packet to get it from his counselor? Or is there another way, cuz his counselor said he "didn't have one and had to find one" and we all know what that means! ugh :rolleyes: Either that or I have to harass his counselor - which, thanks to NKSP I have become quite adept at!

As always, any help is appreciated! :)

LANz012388
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
yes gota go thru counsellor...it hella sux!

SGV girl
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
Not what I wanted to hear, but had a feeling! Thanks for answering :D Time to harass Mr. Counselor!!!

humboldtsweetie
04-13-2010, 11:17 PM
Hey :D
Emailed for appt for Sat at noon and Sun at 8am, so if I don't get a long visit Sat I hope I do Sun :) Since I drive over 6 and a half hrs, they said they won't terminate, cuz it's well over 250 miles...so I feel at least that's a small blessing.

I will definitely print out my confirmation, especially for Sat since I will be there at noon while all the walk ins are there. Oy.

I do have one question, totally unrelated - is the only way to get the fam visit packet to get it from his counselor? Or is there another way, cuz his counselor said he "didn't have one and had to find one" and we all know what that means! ugh :rolleyes: Either that or I have to harass his counselor - which, thanks to NKSP I have become quite adept at!

As always, any help is appreciated! :)

I must warn you, last time i was there visiting, I hadn't visited in over 30 and I drive from 6 hours away and they terminated me anyways! they claimed that when they looked at the map, (which the town they looked up on the map is about 40 miles away from me, but my town is soo small it isn't on there) they said i was 30 miles short of the limit and thus it didn't count and they sent me home! so just be careful. just some bad luck i had i guess. one of the sgts standing there even had family up here where i live and he was like" oh yeah it takes them like 6 hours to get down here" and they STILL terminated us. so just be careful. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

humboldtsweetie
04-13-2010, 11:18 PM
woohoo so i will wear the white i guess. hooray! i got my appt. for 9 am. we are in the far visiting room on the bus. i always print out my confirmation so hopefully the system isn't on the fritz again. fingers crossed of course! he doesn't know i'm coming so its a surprise hehe

SGV girl
04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
No worries, I have my map and it clearly states, 392.6 miles! LOL

BABY1N2
04-14-2010, 06:50 AM
Be careful w/surprises - a few years ago i surprised mine... I waited a few hours for him to come out...since he didnt know, he wasn't listening, they had to hunt him down...guess i got a bigger surprise, lol...so keep you eye on the clock - after 30min ask whats taking him so long...

nitamac
04-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Hello ladies,
I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with finding out if they have been approved or not. It has been almost 12 weeks since I have sent in my visiting form, and the inmate I want to visit said they told him that my approval is pending. So I have been trying to reach the visiting Lt. and let me tell you it's not easy to get a hold of him! I visit my son all the time at P.V. so I don't understand what the hold is! :mad:

LANz012388
04-14-2010, 07:00 PM
aww humboldt...
so....not next weekend but the weekend after right?....ok i have a 10:00....so i will prolly be seeing you...anyways...
hope all you ladies are having a great week!

sw33tness052709
04-14-2010, 10:37 PM
aww humboldt...
so....not next weekend but the weekend after right?....ok i have a 10:00....so i will prolly be seeing you...anyways...
hope all you ladies are having a great week!

i got an 11:00 appt on saturday the 24th and a 9:30 appt on the 25th.Yay!!!

humboldtsweetie
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
aww hooray! sunday will be our PTO day lol. my appt is at 9:00 on the 25th. I hope to see you all there! anyone else in the far visiting room besides me?

LANz012388
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
meeeee
buh u already knew that hehe

humboldtsweetie
04-16-2010, 08:57 PM
lol don't worry Lanz I already got you down girl

sw33tness052709
04-16-2010, 10:14 PM
aww hooray! sunday will be our PTO day lol. my appt is at 9:00 on the 25th. I hope to see you all there! anyone else in the far visiting room besides me?

Nope im in the close one...not sure if im still goin this weekend will keep u updated.

BABY1N2
04-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Hello ladies,
I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with finding out if they have been approved or not. It has been almost 12 weeks since I have sent in my visiting form, and the inmate I want to visit said they told him that my approval is pending. So I have been trying to reach the visiting Lt. and let me tell you it's not easy to get a hold of him! I visit my son all the time at P.V. so I don't understand what the hold is! :mad:

U shouldn't have to complete a new form, unless its time to update, but they will just have you complete the app when you show up to visit so you shouldn't have a problem visiting... but solano does take long to respond, hopefully any day now he will get word - if you get word before he does, its not good news...

humboldtsweetie
04-18-2010, 12:08 PM
U shouldn't have to complete a new form, unless its time to update, but they will just have you complete the app when you show up to visit so you shouldn't have a problem visiting... but solano does take long to respond, hopefully any day now he will get word - if you get word before he does, its not good news...

so if you need to update your form at all you would just show up at visiting and complete it then? and you can still visit that same day? my honey's mom usually goes with me to visit but hers expired earlier this month. but if she can just fill it out there then that would be cool cuz she can still visit! although i didn't put down 2 people on my appt request just me. could i add her to my slot when we get there?

BABY1N2
04-18-2010, 11:45 PM
so if you need to update your form at all you would just show up at visiting and complete it then? and you can still visit that same day? my honey's mom usually goes with me to visit but hers expired earlier this month. but if she can just fill it out there then that would be cool cuz she can still visit! although i didn't put down 2 people on my appt request just me. could i add her to my slot when we get there?

Yup - they will give her the app on the spot & will tell her to write UPDATE on top - I don't know if you can add her on the spot (i dont think they'll like it if they know you did it) - personally i would reply to the e-mail confirmation tomorrow (monday) & let them know you wanted to make a change in total adults but I'd bold & underline that this is the change & @ the tail of the subject put "adult total change"

BUT this is what I would do, IDK what the proper procedure is, you may want to try contacting IFC, they mite know or can possible find n answer

momgnewild
04-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Has anyone dealt with someone going to sny and the eval saying they take them back for eval in in a few months. If they dont have an sny yard how long do they keep them before they transfer him? I sent in a letter to the counslor from my doctor for a hardship move but they say they have to take him back in as few months. Please help me understand or steer me in the right direction if you can.

humboldtsweetie
04-20-2010, 08:32 PM
Yup - they will give her the app on the spot & will tell her to write UPDATE on top - I don't know if you can add her on the spot (i dont think they'll like it if they know you did it) - personally i would reply to the e-mail confirmation tomorrow (monday) & let them know you wanted to make a change in total adults but I'd bold & underline that this is the change & @ the tail of the subject put "adult total change"

BUT this is what I would do, IDK what the proper procedure is, you may want to try contacting IFC, they mite know or can possible find n answer

AWESOME!!! well it looks like she won't being going with me this weekend afterall, but she still would like to go before she has surgery next month, just one more time before he comes home. thanks again! gonna see you all soon hooray

BABY1N2
04-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Had a good visit - thought it was going to be overcrowded - glad it wasn't :) - hope everyone had a good visit :wave:

LANz012388
04-26-2010, 09:19 AM
HUMBOLDT...
didnt see ya..where were you this weekend?you didnt come huh?...
hope you ladies have a GREAT WEEK!

humboldtsweetie
04-27-2010, 10:17 PM
hey everyone! well how was it? so i got all the way down there, was super excited for my visit got all pretty and everything. then i got to the prison and got all checked in right? got through all the check points just fine. got ALL THE WAY INTO THE VISITING ROOM and bought baby his coffee when they call everyone there for visits for building 16 up...well turns out building 16 was on lockdown so he told me that they shouldnt have even let me out through the front desk. so i had to turn around and go home. no visit for me...im super sad...ugh i miss my baby! how are you all? how was your visits? sorry i didnt get to see you all :(

humboldtsweetie
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
HUMBOLDT...
didnt see ya..where were you this weekend?you didnt come huh?...
hope you ladies have a GREAT WEEK!

sorry girl! i tried texting you! did you get a new number or soemthing?

LANz012388
04-27-2010, 11:24 PM
yah got a new one....get at michele she will give u the new one..
DAMMMNNN that hella sucks...when i got there there was a sign saying that bldg 16 was on lockdown..but daymn that sux...
anyways HAVE A GOOD WEEK LADIES

BABY1N2
04-28-2010, 01:43 AM
hey everyone! well how was it? so i got all the way down there, was super excited for my visit got all pretty and everything. then i got to the prison and got all checked in right? got through all the check points just fine. got ALL THE WAY INTO THE VISITING ROOM and bought baby his coffee when they call everyone there for visits for building 16 up...well turns out building 16 was on lockdown so he told me that they shouldnt have even let me out through the front desk. so i had to turn around and go home. no visit for me...im super sad...ugh i miss my baby! how are you all? how was your visits? sorry i didnt get to see you all :(
I think i saw you... you're tall? were you wearing brown? I remember when they called re:visitor for bldg 16 & i thought why did they even process her & they are gonna send her back :blah: - not cool - am sorry you didnt get to visit :(

humboldtsweetie
04-28-2010, 12:19 PM
yep i was there and there was def. no sign out when i got there! i was there on sunday. yeah I'm tall but i was wearing black pinstripe pants and a pink shirt. ugh i was soo not a happy camper! i was like well they wrote 16 at the very top of my slip so you woulda thought SOMEBODY would have noticed

LANz012388
04-28-2010, 01:46 PM
damn humboldt that hella sucks..
sorry girlie...well at least hes almost to the gate right???RIGHT!
anyways maybe i will see you one more time b4 his release??

SGV girl
04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
And according to my hubby's counselor and the visiting hotline Building 16 is still on lockdown and there are no visits for that building this weekend - wondered why my man hadn't been calling....sigh. Im not supposed to go visit til May 14th so hope they are done with whatever this is by then!

nitamac
04-29-2010, 03:21 PM
So I am approved to visit and I hope to make an apt for May 15th. Should I email for my apt Monday May 3rd?

BABY1N2
04-30-2010, 07:18 AM
And according to my hubby's counselor and the visiting hotline Building 16 is still on lockdown and there are no visits for that building this weekend - wondered why my man hadn't been calling....sigh. Im not supposed to go visit til May 14th so hope they are done with whatever this is by then!
they are off lockdown now...