03-31-2010, 07:14 PM
BRING ON THE APRIL FLOWERS!
WELCOME to the Chit Chat for April 2010

onemoreyear
04-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I hope everyone has a nice easter. If you are going to visit have a good one

sidewalker
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
yes! I also hope those who visit have a great visit, with no problems.
And have a really great Easter!!

D4C
04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hello everybody! My brother was just transfered to Central Valley MCCF...

ichliebedich
04-11-2010, 08:05 AM
Hi everyone!

So my boyfriend should be getting out in just a couple weeks :D He's at Delano CCF and I'll be coming to pick him up from the LA area, so I was thinking about getting a hotel room the night before since you have to arrive at the facility so early. I didn't know if anyone has stayed in/around Delano before and had any recommendations? I'm a pretty small/non-tough looking (lol) woman and I'm not sure I'll have anyone with me, so I just really really want to make sure I'll feel safe. Ahhh I cannot believe this happening so soon! I still can't believe it's really gonna be his time...

sidewalker
04-11-2010, 09:07 AM
I suppose you could google hotels in delano. Im not even sure what other cities are close by! But that is where I would start. Unless someone had a reccomendation for a hotel

MitosWifee!
04-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi everyone!

So my boyfriend should be getting out in just a couple weeks :D He's at Delano CCF and I'll be coming to pick him up from the LA area, so I was thinking about getting a hotel room the night before since you have to arrive at the facility so early. I didn't know if anyone has stayed in/around Delano before and had any recommendations? I'm a pretty small/non-tough looking (lol) woman and I'm not sure I'll have anyone with me, so I just really really want to make sure I'll feel safe. Ahhh I cannot believe this happening so soon! I still can't believe it's really gonna be his time...

I have stayed at Best Western..Its nice and I stayed alone..Its a little pricey but worth the money..Its located off the 99.. exit county line rd..

D4C
04-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I have stayed at Best Western..Its nice and I stayed alone..Its a little pricey but worth the money..Its located off the 99.. exit county line rd..

The Roadway Inn is only $59 and it's pretty decent. It's off the same exit.

I've also heard that the Coachman's Inn (same exit) is also nice.

DO NOT!!! I repeat DO NOT!!!! stay at the Travel Inn on Cecil!!!! I was there last night because I wanted to save some money and I ended up demanding my money back and going up the road to the Roadway. Not 10 minutes after I sat on the bed I watched a roach crawl across my pillow!!!! :angry::angry::angry: ICKY!!!!!

ichliebedich
04-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips! I actually found out that my friend's brother lives in Delano (small world :)) and he recommended the Holiday Inn first (since it's newest and in a nice part of town) but said that the Best Western is in the same area and would also be fine (just like you all said :)). Well, the Best Western is cheaper and actually lets you cancel your reservation so I think I'll go with that if I do stay over night! Still trying to decide if I should just do the drive all at once and save some money since it's only about 2.5 hours away... but it's good to know where are safe places to go :)

Thanks again!

one.four.three
04-13-2010, 06:10 PM
Greetings!!:wave:

I'm new here...my fiance' was just transferred to MCCF-Central Valley...

~ 143

sidewalker
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Hi onefourthree!
welcome to the chit chat spot for ccf's & Mccf's!

D4C
04-14-2010, 09:29 AM
Greetings!!:wave:

I'm new here...my fiance' was just transferred to MCCF-Central Valley...

~ 143

Cool, my brother just got transferred there too!

Cubana
04-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Any of you ladies loved one said anything about some inmates being transferred back to McFarland?? You know the MCCF that was just closed due to budget cuts.
In my husbands dorm they told them that in about 6 weeks some inmates will be sent to McFarland and other from some of the other CCF's.

D4C
04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
My brother hasn't said anything, but I'll ask him if he's heard anything next time he calls.

sidewalker
04-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Half the time I think these people say anything to the inmates. It may not be malicious or giving bad info on purpose. I think they just have no clue.
Or maybe they are also being given wrong info.

Cubana
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
woot woot my husband qualifies for the milestone program. He'll be coming home 6 weeks early whooooooooooo hooooooooooo

ichliebedich
04-23-2010, 03:45 AM
Congrats Cubana that's awesome!

Has anyone heard of anything that happened at Delano CCF recently? I called today to find out info on picking up my boyfriend and the woman was like "well are you sure he's still here...?" She checked for me and said he was still there, but she implied that something had gone down recently. Also, she said he didn't have anything in his file about getting released even though it's supposed to be in a week... His mom called yesterday saying they got a call from him a few days ago that they missed and he never tried to call back, so she was worried. Now I usually hear from him on Thursday nights but he never called tonight.... Maybe I'm just being paranoid but I'm worried something happened there and he's either not okay or he got more time from something or another?? Ughh seriously it's supposed to be less than a week now... I just wish there was a way to find out answers :(

sidewalker
04-24-2010, 09:30 AM
that has to be frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont understand why things have to be so darn hard. getting info, the who's and whats
personally I thank god I found pto.

D4C
04-24-2010, 12:37 PM
woot woot my husband qualifies for the milestone program. He'll be coming home 6 weeks early whooooooooooo hooooooooooo

Yay! congrats!

butterflybaby24
04-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Hello my man just got to central about a week ago just wondering if u want to get to know eachother so we can exchange info and even carpool up to visit i am from los angeles my name is samantha write back