View Full Version : weight loss group

montysgirl
09-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Recently I made a post about how hard it is for me to stay busy and about how sad, pathetic, and depressing my life & existence is without Monty here with me. Everyone responded with kind and motivating words. So I started looking around...and found nothing! There is nothing to become involved in around my town...see, you really can't even call it a town because it is so small! I seriously mean SMALL...as in TINY!!! I am at least two hours from Dallas....and hour and a half from Texarkana...those are the closest citie...I don't have the time or money to drive there! So I have decided to fix ME. I want to get in shape, so that when Monty comes home in 3 years...he'll be coming home to playboy material :yes: Now my idea is to get a group of my PTO family to do this with me. We can set up a meeting time to live chat, where we will discuss our triumphs and downfalls...and push each other on through. I KNOW I am going to need some cheering on. I want somebody to go through this with me too! Any volunteers!!! Feel free to email me with more ideas!

Amelia
09-25-2002, 04:18 PM
I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO JOIN YOU....I HAVEJUST STARTED WORKING ON THE NEW ME AND IT IS A LOT EASIER TO HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT IT THAN GO IT ALONE...I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA AND I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO TONE UP ...PTO IS FOR SUPPORT OF EVERYTHING....IF WE ORGANIZE IT WELL IT COULD BE REALLY GREAT!

Daveswife
09-25-2002, 04:52 PM
That is a really great idea. I have gotten big as a house since David left. Let me know what everyone wants to do.

Cameo
09-25-2002, 05:34 PM
I would love to be a part of this group...I'm one of those that goes up and down. I sub teach an aerobic's group and I love to run so that helps. I'm really getting into using weights to tone and this so, so helps in getting ones metabalism(sp?) up and running!

There is a great book out there: Body for Life by Bill Phillips (it's my little bible)...12 weeks to mental health and physical strength. Or check out the website:
www.bodyforlife.com
You can do a lot of these exercises and strength training right at home!!

This will be great to share ideas...good idea!

Pamela

danielle
09-25-2002, 05:40 PM
count me in! I think this is a great idea!

smfrg
09-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Count me in!!!!!!! I've already started on the "new me" and though it should be for myself, my thinking is along the same way as far as my husband coming home to playboy material. I actually went out and spent a bundle on some sexy lengerie and stuff quite a few sizes smaller. My husband has the pics of them and has told me which ones to wear and in what order when he comes home. I have them hung up in my bedroom (alongside my husband's picture)as a reminder. I started 2 weeks ago with my husband giving me pointers and what to do and not do as well as what to eat and not to eat and I've already lost 10 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! That is an energy rush in itself.
Obviously you can tell I like to talk.........but the bottom line is LET'S GO FOR IT! It's a hell of a lot easier when someone's doin it with ya!

BillnDenise
09-25-2002, 06:23 PM
It's a great idea! I've joined a site called. Fit Day www.fitday.com It helps add up your calories, etc. Has a journal and calendar. It's really convenient.

cobwebqueen
09-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Great idea!!! Me too!! I've got no-one here to help me with this,so it would be fantastic to be able to help each other.

oregonyellowros
09-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Great idea!! Count me in !! I recently started a work out program and figure that by the time my b/f comes home in 3 years that I'll look awesome!! I don't really have anyone here to help me out. My closest motivator is a friend of mine back in Texas (only 2400 miles away!!)

Denise, I found that Fit Day over this past weekend. I really liked it!

Joy
09-25-2002, 09:00 PM
Me too! Me too!!! :fb: :fb:

We don't have to post before and after pictures do we? :(

I am going to check out both those sites. I think a one night a week chat would be a great idea, or morning whichever is more convenient for everyone. I can do any morning up till 11:00 and on Thursday and Friday nights as long as anyone wants. What about everyone else?

Joy

Sandy
09-25-2002, 09:14 PM
Count me in too..I'd love to drop a few pounds before I visit AG :D

tekela
09-25-2002, 09:21 PM
Excellent Idea Count me in!!!!!!!!

montysgirl
09-25-2002, 10:51 PM
GREAT!!! Nights are best for me. I personally don't want to post before and after pictures...well, not yet...wait until I am HOT! :) I will check out those web sites in the morning. I am going to start my regamine(sp?) first thing in the morning. I know I have a LONG way to go, so I am anxious and ready to get started. I am so glad I have ALL of you guys to do this with me! My BIG HUGE first step is to cut out coke and chocolate. I may be moody for the next few days, but I can handle it!! :)

rns4ever
09-27-2002, 12:04 PM
are you still doing this? it has been awhile since there has been a post. so let me know you can count me in. i have been working out with my mom at this place called Curves for Women. It is really recommendable.

montysgirl
09-27-2002, 01:57 PM
I am definitely still wanting to do it!! I am not very good at organizing things like this...my mind won't focus on one thing for very long!:) So, ya'll have to help me on this. I guess the first thing we should do is set up a time where we can all discuss how we are doing at it...share tips and ideas...recipes...and motivate each other. So on that...the best time for me is evenings. In my head..this is kind of like Rosie Odonnell's chub club! Do ya'll remember that? It would be fun to set one big goal for all of us...like a sum total of how many pounds we want to lose as a group. Does that make sense? Because it is a lot easier to do something when you know that there are other people counting on you to help accomplish something. Teamwork is a good thing...oh goodness..now I sound like Martha Stewart! heheh Anyways, if anybody has more ideas please post them.

rns4ever
09-27-2002, 06:39 PM
That is a really good idea. I mean that would make sure that we are all putting in effort to lose weight and look good for our significant other when he gets home. :) So when and how are we going to get together and talk about this.

Amelia
09-27-2002, 07:15 PM
When we all get- together.and.talk.we.should.decide.and.small.term. goals.and.long.term.ones.and.also.what.the.plan.wi ll.be.for.each.ofus.each.day...My.mother,sisters,a nd.I.started.a.group.like.this(but.never.really.fo llowed.through)...we.called.it.the......PINK...... LADIES...like.from.GREASE..let's.all.figure.a.good .time.to.meet.and.getthings.rollling...how.about.T hursday.nights...around.9.p.m.central.time...or.wh atever.is.most.convenient.for.all..I.am.real.excit ed.about.this...Iwasnt.looking.foward.to.doing.thi s.alone!!

oregonyellowros
09-27-2002, 09:47 PM
I'm still in. I'm just very good at organizing stuff like this. I need all the motivation I can get right now.

smfrg
09-28-2002, 08:04 AM
I'm still in!!!!!!! I think it will be wonderful. Evening chat is good for me too. And montysgirl.........I hear ya about the cokes and chocolate thing. That was my biggest problem. I was literally addicted to Dr. Pepper. With taking the pills my husband recommended to me and going through pure hell it seems, I haven't had a dr. pepper in 7 days!!!!!!
Oh and where in this great state of Texas are ya?????
And do we have a set chat time for this?

Sandy
09-28-2002, 09:15 AM
Evenings work fine with me too~any night of the week

Daveswife
09-28-2002, 08:11 PM
Wed. is best for me. I'm on eastern time, so it can't be too late. Let me know.

rns4ever
09-29-2002, 01:28 PM
Right now anytime is good for me. I am looking for a job so the evening time would probably be better. I am on the west coast.

Amelia
10-01-2002, 02:36 AM
How about Wednesdays at 8 central time??

rns4ever
10-03-2002, 12:26 AM
central time........ that would be what 7pm my time here in washington state? well i will have to let you know tomorrow becaause it looks like i might be starting work. but i will know something tomorrow hopefully. i will be working m-f 745-5pm. but i wouldnt get home until about 630-7pm.

Sandy
10-03-2002, 09:21 AM
Wednesdays at 8 works for me!

emme
10-14-2002, 06:14 PM
Ladies,

This all sounds so excellent. I haven't been to this site in AGES and I'm playing catch-up...did anything come of this idea, because it's totally excellent! In the past months, I have definitely put on a few pounds and my dear sweetie has been working out like mad at the prison. He's really putting me to shame. Someone let me know what is going on, please!

xoxo,
Emme

rns4ever
10-14-2002, 11:02 PM
I AM FEELING YOU EMME. MY FIANCE' HAS BEEN WORKING OUT A LOT TOO. AND SEEMS LIKE I HAVE GAINED WEIGHT. TO ME IT SEEMS LIKE THAT ANYWAY. I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT SO BAD THAT I HAVE TO REALLY CONCENTRATE AND REALLY GET BACK IN THE GROOVE OF THINGS AND GET TO WORKING OUT WITH MY MOM LIKE I WAS AT THE BEGINNING OF THE YEAR.

freedom anjel
10-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Count me in!! I am already paying $15. a month for Weight Watchers on-line, but not being consistent in using it. I would love to take off 30 lbs. The older I get, the harder it is and while my hubby tells me not to lose too much (he loves booty), I know I would feel so much better a few pounds lighter. Wednesdays are tough for me to chat because I am at Bible study from 7-9, but I can check in when I get home to see if anyone is still on line. I will definitely stay tuned to this thread however. Best of luck to all!!

smfrg
10-15-2002, 05:27 PM
just an fyi to everyone.........i started my diet 3 weeks ago with my husband's help. he helped organize an exercise routine and what i should and shouldn't eat.........stuff like that. anyhow.........i've lost 17 pounds since day one. i've had trouble losing since i had my third child. but the stuff i'm taking actually works. just wanted to say that cause i'm so proud of myself lol.

Valerie
10-15-2002, 07:04 PM
Sheryl, Thats weird because a friend just told me about Curves yesterday. I thought I'd check it out.So what do you think about it? I guess they are all over.

Amelia
10-16-2002, 12:04 PM
Don't forget tonite at 8 central time--wieght loss chat! bring your ideas and suggestions!! So we can find something that works!! SEE you all tonite!

Nichole
10-16-2002, 01:09 PM
count me in I have a lot to lose I have gained alot so lets do this let me know the details