View Full Version : The Senate passed the Early Release Bill for non violent defenders!!

charlie2005
03-26-2010, 05:37 AM
Yesterday the S.C. Senate passed the early release bill. The way I understand it, the are going to release drug offenders and non violent offenders early to make more room in the prison's for violent offenders. Has anyone else seen this? Please let me know if you have. Thanks!!:)

inloveandlonley
03-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Yesterday the S.C. Senate passed the early release bill. The way I understand it, the are going to release drug offenders and non violent offenders early to make more room in the prison's for violent offenders. Has anyone else seen this? Please let me know if you have. Thanks!!:)

Yes..!!! I can't post links, but if someone can go to any of the news stations in sc....there are short summaries!!! Can anyone please tell me what this means...Thanks!!!

sgrinstead
03-26-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm not sure on the details but I believe now all that has to happen is that is has to be signed!!!!!!! This is great news. Let's just see how long the final process takes. I am surprised about how quickly they passed it. It just aired on the news back in Feb. Hopefully our loved ones will be coming home to us soon!!!!!! Yae!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p

YulyDGonzalez
03-26-2010, 12:09 PM
OMG. That's great news ! I hope it will be done in Florida as well.

bigcat22
03-26-2010, 02:27 PM
Yes..!!! I can't post links, but if someone can go to any of the news stations in sc....there are short summaries!!! Can anyone please tell me what this means...Thanks!!!
Sanford has to sign which he said he would do. They are not just going to have a mass release. You will still have to go before the parole board. The major difference will be parole standards for non violent offenders have been eased. Many more people will make parole.

sgrinstead
03-26-2010, 02:35 PM
I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the change- probably not if Sanford has to sign but my man's parole date changed today. They took off 6 months of his time on the parole date. What are the chances of parole- does anyone know? I know it probably depends on the behavior of the inmate - right?

bigcat22
03-26-2010, 02:47 PM
[quote=sgrinstead;5302516]I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the change- probably not if Sanford has to sign but my man's parole date changed today. They took off 6 months of his time on the parole date. What are the chances of parole- does anyone know? I know it probably depends on the behavior of the inmate - right?[/quote
It depends upon his behavior while inside and his crime. Violent vs Nonviolent. If you are nonviolent the parole standards have been eased. You still have to go before before the board but it's much easier now. I'm assuming all the other release conditions apply. Job and a place to stay.

charlie2005
03-28-2010, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know when Sanford plans on signing the Bill??? I have tried to look on the internet, but haven't found anything on this.

Thanks!!!

Gavin123
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM
Wednesday March 24,2010

COLUMBIA -- A comprehensive plan to divert nonviolent criminals from prisons to the probation and parole system so South Carolina can avoid spending hundreds of millions of dollars to build new prisons was adopted Tuesday.
The bill, approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee in a 14-0 vote, calls for more drug users to serve supervised criminal sentences in the community as a way to free up beds in the overcrowded prisons. The measure, as written, deals with future offenders, although there are a few exceptions to parole some current prisoners.
Sen. Gerald Malloy, a Hartsville Democrat, said the legislation is not "soft on crime" but "smart." For instance, he said that it costs $14,500 for each inmate in prison compared with $2,000 for an individual in a community supervision program.
The bill reclassifies 22 crimes as violent, including drunken driving that results in death.
That change will trigger a rule that does not allow the violent offenders to qualify for parole until they serve 85 percent of their sentence. The bill also provides incentives such as "good time credits" for people on probation to stay crime- and drug-free, gives judges more discretion for sentencing drug users, lets more inmates qualify for work release and removes the disparity in sentencing between crack and cocaine possession.
Additionally, the bill would allow for the special parole of inmates who are terminally ill, geriatric or physically disabled and no longer pose a public risk. Some legislators raised the possibility of the early release of up to 3,000 nonviolent criminals as a way to save the cash-strapped state money.
Most of the provisions become effective in January, if the bill survives the legislative process

Gavin123
03-29-2010, 01:45 PM
You can keep an eye on the bill at this site:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1475

Gavin123
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I believe the above "NEW" bill is for ALL inmates for GOOD behavior, from what I've read... In S.C., according to the S.C.D.C. site, we already have a "good time bill" I'm still trying to find anything recent from the above bill H.R. 1475

7. Will inmates be rewarded for good behavior or work in prison?

Yes, South Carolina laws allow SCDC to award inmates with credits for good behavior and participation in work/educational programs. These credits can be applied towards an inmate's sentence(s) to establish an earlier release date, unless the inmate was sentenced under the Truth-in-Sentencing statute and must serve 85% of his/her sentence. Good time credits can be applied towards establishing sentence expiration date. Good time credits cannot be applied towards establishing parole (conditional release) eligibility. On the other hand, work/educational credits can be applied towards conditional or unconditional release criteria

jacmac12
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
Back in early February, my husband was called before the board. We thought it was an early parole hearing. But that was not the case. So he had me call classification and asked when he would be elgible for work release. She said he wasnt elgible because of his record. Then a couple of days later I received a letter from SCDC that said " The inmate was screened and approved for work release and would be transferred to a work release center." That was 2 months ago and he is still at Allendale. Then we heard about this early release and was thinking that since his parole date was in May that maybe.........? But we are not getting our hopes up. He did say that a fellow inmate went up before the board and made it and he had a violent charge. So, I don't know. I'm hoping, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

choclgs
04-05-2010, 03:57 PM
For anyone who hasn't logged onto the SCDC inmate search site in at least one week, it has been updated (format slightly different). It now states if a person is eligible for furlough/parole (rather than leaving the space blank) and updated parole and release (max out) dates.

inmatemama
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
jacmac, Are you saying someone with a "Violent" charge, was given parole? I just want to be sure this is what you are saying, because my Husband has a violent charge, {no parole} and we are under the impression, this new ruling excludes them. I have also heard rumors, of giving the 85%'ers, good time, and credits earned... Has anyone seen this in a newspaper article? I'd just like some verification, before my bubble is burst, once again.... I sooo hope you are right!

C's_girl843
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
For anyone who hasn't logged onto the SCDC inmate search site in at least one week, it has been updated (format slightly different). It now states if a person is eligible for furlough/parole (rather than leaving the space blank) and updated parole and release (max out) dates.

Yes, I saw that maybe more than a week ago now, but I assumed it was bc my hubby has now gotten transferred from R & E to his prison. Could this be an indicaiton of something else you think?

jacmac12
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
jacmac, Are you saying someone with a "Violent" charge, was given parole? I just want to be sure this is what you are saying, because my Husband has a violent charge, {no parole} and we are under the impression, this new ruling excludes them. I have also heard rumors, of giving the 85%'ers, good time, and credits earned... Has anyone seen this in a newspaper article? I'd just like some verification, before my bubble is burst, once again.... I sooo hope you are right!
From what my husband was telling me, the other inmate was a violent offender. He said that he went before the board two weeks before he was released, but the guy didn't tell any one till he was about to be released. My husband said maybe he would have a chance since he has a non-violent charge. But this is South Carolina, no telling what might happen?????:confused:

nikileigh
04-07-2010, 12:42 AM
i saw on the news (live 5 news at 6pm summerville, sc) they planned to release people with non violent crimes locked up before 1992. it was a few weeks back that i saw this because i remember joking with my husband saying if only he was locked up since 92 he could be getting ready to come home.

nikileigh
04-07-2010, 12:45 AM

my husband was locked up last year for CDV ABHAN (violent crime) and he got good time and only had to do 1 year out of the 2 given to him.

inmatemama
04-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Thank you.. this gives me hope, but now, I've looked at the SCDC site, since it's been revised, and where it says parole, and furlough.. it now says.. "not eligible", where it used to be blank.. I'm assuming this is an indication of whether or not he'll be granted good time, or parole... Yet, maybe there's still a chance..

Missingmyman76
04-08-2010, 08:26 PM
My bf went in on mar4th and it has said the whole time that he is not eligible for furlough, but they have all his crap messed up on the scdc website. So hopefully that doesn't have nothing with your man being relaesed early. Hope everything goes good for him and u. My boyfriend was only suppose to be sentenced to 1 yr 2 months that is what the judge said i was there. But on the website it says his parole date is may2011 and that is 1yr 2 months so just hoping he gets moved soon so they can fix that. Nikki

inmatemama
04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Thanks for your best wishes... We need them! {need some prayers, too!} I also think the SCDC website is messed up. I remember when Ricky first went in, years ago, that the time they had printed for his release date was wrong... They did straighten it out after awhile though. I know, according to the law, that anyone with 85% time, and a violent charge, is NOT supposed to be eligible for parole, or good time. BUT.. with this "early release" thing going on, I see where some people claim their loved ones with the same type of charges, are getting an early release... I am not giving up hope... I continue to pray everyday, that God will work a miracle, and send my Husband home to me... Thanks, and best wishes to you and your BF.. My prayers are with you, too!

choclgs
04-09-2010, 04:12 PM
The recent bill is not the first time the state has made attempts to decrease or "manage" inmate population. When they do this, it usually will apply to those who were sentenced prior to any new law being put into place. Here's why.

To qualify for supervised furlough:

The Supervised Furlough II-A Program is an early release program which allows certain inmates to be released into the community to serve the last six months of their sentence. Most are required to be on Electronic Monitoring for the duration of their furlough. The SCDC screens and approved all inmates for this program. Only inmates who have an offense that was committed on or after June 13, 1983 and before July 1, 1993 are eligible. Other criteria must be met as well in order for the inmate to be released to the Supervised Furlough II-A Program.

This program ended in the late 90s and no one sentenced during or after would be eligible for it. With the 1995 crime bill passing, the same reason applies for those who do not have a parole date listed.

To qualify for parole:

Parole eligibility changed because of the 1995 bill.

1995 Crime Bill: Truth-in-Sentencing for Violent Offenders
Following a national trend to abolish parole and adopt truth-in-sentencing, in its 1995 Crime Bill, the South Carolina General Assembly designated felonies, punishable by 20 years or more sentences, to be “no parole offenses” - i.e., the offender cannot be released until credits equal 100% of sentence and at least 85% of sentence has been served. Upon release, the inmate must also satisfy up to (indeterminate) 2 years of community supervision. The law also stipulates that such sentencing applies only to crimes committed on or after January 1, 1996.

"Someone convicted of a violent crime, committed prior to January 1, 1996, is eligible for parole after serving one-third of their sentence. If committed after January 1, 1996 , they are not eligible for parole with some exceptions. Just because someone is eligible for parole doesn't mean they automatically are paroled. Last year, for example, only about one-fifth of those who had parole hearings were actually paroled. About 15 percent of violent offenders received parole." - SC Probation, Parole, and Pardon

inmatemama
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
This states that "Someone convicted of a violent crime, AFTER january1,1996, is NOT eligible for parole, WITH SOME EXCEPTIONS"
Would you , or anyone here, know what some of these
"exceptions" might be?
I know I'm just grasping at straws, but I can never stop hoping... Thanks!

Missingmyman76
04-10-2010, 09:10 PM
Theres an ex inmate that has been talking to me on here and he told me once my bf gets to his yard where he will be for him to talk to his caseworker and they will get it fixed. thank god b/c i have already drove down to anderson to get his sentence sheet and it was screwed up too and it just pissed me off driving down there and nobody still knew what the heck i was talking about. i've already called the public defender to many times to count and the ex inmate told me that once they are done with the case u might as well forget them calling u back-- so i have and hoping and praying my bf get it straightened out when he gets moved from r/e. But my thoughts and prayers are with yall, and thank u for yours . right now i'm just praying for a phone call b/c have not got to talk to him since he went to kirkland on mar 4th. Nikki

inmatemama
04-11-2010, 07:58 AM
So sorry they've screwed up-once again-,,,,
I sure hope and pray this gets straightened out for you, and soon! The case worker should help. My Husband told me he doesn't even HAVE a caseworker right now! They moved the Walden CW to another inst. and they've gone w/o now, for Months! The system is sure screwed up! They should be moving your guy to his perm. place soon. It took my Husband about a month, but I hear they're sooo backed up right now, that it's taking longer... When they have to stay longer like that, I think they're allowed to make phone calls, after a certain amount of time has passed... Ask the ex inmate about it.. He may remember something ...
You're both in my prayers, and hope things will go smoothly, real soon!

Missingmyman76
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
yeah i hear they screw up a lot-they can call but only when the co lets them isnt that lovely. but he said on tues and thurs they can call between 6-8 pm if the guard lets them --so please pray with me that i get that call its been too many days since ive talked to him. thanks, Nikki:(:cry::cry::cry::(

inmatemama
04-13-2010, 06:52 AM
I just said a prayer for you, so if it's Gods will, you'll be getting a call tonight!
I don't know why some guards can be so irritating.. It's almost as if they WANT the guy to lose his temper and start trouble! I know it's hard when you haven't seen, or spoken to your guy in so long.. Just hang in there... It can't be too much longer..
I know a stint with SCDC is a nightmare, but you will both get through it... Believe me.. Alot of people are praying for us, and God says trials and tribulations make us better and stronger people, so hang in there..

Missingmyman76
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Well no phone call again tonight i think ill start crying yet again. If my life aint screwed up enough with the love of my life being in prison. I went and got a loan today to pay my bills to keep a roof over our heads until i get paid. My mom is living with me so i tell her that im going to get it even though i cant really afford it-- she says nothing.. later i get home and she says im thinking about moving in with your sister--b/c my sis told her all she had to do was keep her house clean and cook no money involved. i just said whatever. b/c me and my mom cook and clean here bc i need help with money but thats fine let her see how it is living with my sis. good luck to u . Have a good night its off to bed for me b/c my allergies are driving me nuts and so is everything else. Nikki

sheilaturman
04-18-2010, 12:55 PM
I have a son in the SCDC and he has told me that word got around about this being passed. I agree with it. Although my son will not get out early because he is doing straight time, it will release some of the other non violent inmates that deserve to come home. It seems to me that S.C. gives the longest sentences of any state I have heard of. If the SCDC had more programs for rehabilitation our loved ones might benefit some. I know that when someone does a crime they must pay for it, and I agree it should not be a vacation, but in the SCDC there is no help. No money, no one cares. If they don't want the offenders to come back they need to appropriate some funds for rehabilitation. Or let the family's that can afford to help, help. PLease keep me informed if you hear anything else about this. Thanks:thumbsup:

lostwithouthim6
09-05-2010, 09:52 AM
My boyfriend is up for his 1st parole on Oct. 13th 2010 He has sent in his letter to the parole board and I have gotten 6 other people to send in letters. He has NO violent charges on his record, no drug charges and no sex charges. He has taken and passed the work keys program and he also works in the kitchen 7 days a week. He has been in NO trouble during his year in prison. He wants to obtain his CDL when he gets out and has a letter of support from a friend that has had his for over 12 years now and he's going to help him if he gets out. My boyfriend has a slight disability and has been receiving disability checks for the past 2 years and will receive them once again when he gets out. So my question is does that qualify as him having income/a job when it comes to the parole board's decision? Also, someone from the parole board has been to the prison to talk to him over 2 months ago, but no one has contacted me as of yet....we are wanting him to be paroled to my house. When will someone be contacting me? I fully own my mobile home, I have nice furniture, a very clean home, a car, and a job. I also have no criminal record and have lived in my home for almost 11 months. What do you think his chances are to get paroled? Thanks you so much for any input.

lostwithouthim6
09-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry, I forgot to add that I lived in South Carolina and that he is an inmate at MacDougall Correctional Institution.

inmatemama
09-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Sounds like he's good "Parole" material!! And if he's on disability, I don't think he'll need to have a job, unless it's not 100%... If not, then a part time job will probably be in order.
No-one can say whether or not he'll be paroled, except the parole board, but according to what you say about him, he sounds like he may be approved! Good luck with it, and may God bless!

magnolia17
09-15-2010, 11:45 PM

Hi!
I am pretty new to this site. My husband is a 1st time,non violent,offender ai Kirkland. He has been in prison sinnce Feb. 1. 2008. He hasnt gotten into any trouble and he is teaching GED classes on the inside and serving on the inmate council. He is serving time on a breach of trust charge, and his max out date is Sept. 1, 2011. Since the Early Release Bill has been passed recently, and if and when it it is signed by the governor, could this bill being passed help him to max out early. I cant seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Any help. answers, knowledge you could offer me would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much Blessing to you....
Thamks Again, Magnolia 17

cubcake
09-16-2010, 02:02 AM
why do they let the drug offenders off when there are men in there for something they did not do why don't they let them out first.

choclgs
09-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Hi!
I am pretty new to this site. My husband is a 1st time,non violent,offender ai Kirkland. He has been in prison sinnce Feb. 1. 2008. He hasnt gotten into any trouble and he is teaching GED classes on the inside and serving on the inmate council. He is serving time on a breach of trust charge, and his max out date is Sept. 1, 2011. Since the Early Release Bill has been passed recently, and if and when it it is signed by the governor, could this bill being passed help him to max out early. I cant seem to find a clear answer anywhere. Any help. answers, knowledge you could offer me would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much Blessing to you....
Thamks Again, Magnolia 17

Given everything you've stated your husband is a prime candidate for early release :)

mathiswife
09-22-2010, 11:19 AM
I have heard this, but I cant find out anything on it.

mathiswife
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
I believe the above "NEW" bill is for ALL inmates for GOOD behavior, from what I've read... In S.C., according to the S.C.D.C. site, we already have a "good time bill" I'm still trying to find anything recent from the above bill H.R. 1475

7. Will inmates be rewarded for good behavior or work in prison?

Yes, South Carolina laws allow SCDC to award inmates with credits for good behavior and participation in work/educational programs. These credits can be applied towards an inmate's sentence(s) to establish an earlier release date, unless the inmate was sentenced under the Truth-in-Sentencing statute and must serve 85% of his/her sentence. Good time credits can be applied towards establishing sentence expiration date. Good time credits cannot be applied towards establishing parole (conditional release) eligibility. On the other hand, work/educational credits can be applied towards conditional or unconditional release criteria
My fiance is serving a sentence of 85% but its non-violent. Im trying to find out if any of this release stuff applies to him. He works everyday and has never been in any trouble...:angry:

jacmac12
09-22-2010, 12:33 PM
My question is this: Is there a difference between the "Early Release" bill and the "Sentence Reform" bill. If I remember correctly and reading over some old post and news paper articles from earlier this year that was talking about "Releasing" some non-violent inmates early. Then there came the "Sentence Reform" and there was no more mention of an early release. "The Sentence Reform" does not affect those already incarcerated before the bill was signed. I'M CONFUSED????????

Missingmyman76
09-22-2010, 09:22 PM
My question is this: Is there a difference between the "Early Release" bill and the "Sentence Reform" bill. If I remember correctly and reading over some old post and news paper articles from earlier this year that was talking about "Releasing" some non-violent inmates early. Then there came the "Sentence Reform" and there was no more mention of an early release. "The Sentence Reform" does not affect those already incarcerated before the bill was signed. I'M CONFUSED????????
Jacmac all i have heard is starting in Jan if u r going up for parole and are nonvilent you should get it-- that is the only way it helps our inmates already in.. Supposedly it is set up to keep minor criminals for serving time for ex: possesion of a substance. Hope this helps but Im still confused some myself

jacmac12
09-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Jacmac all i have heard is starting in Jan if u r going up for parole and are nonvilent you should get it-- that is the only way it helps our inmates already in.. Supposedly it is set up to keep minor criminals for serving time for ex: possesion of a substance. Hope this helps but Im still confused some myself Then I also heard that in Jan that they were suppose to get 6mos taken off their sentence. But Mac said that no one is even talking about that now cause so many rumors are going around. I just think it's messed up how "They" got our hopes up earlier this year and now we are left confused.:hmm::shrug:

choclgs
09-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Then I also heard that in Jan that they were suppose to get 6mos taken off their sentence. But Mac said that no one is even talking about that now cause so many rumors are going around. I just think it's messed up how "They" got our hopes up earlier this year and now we are left confused.:hmm::shrug:

I think how all of this works is if they are:

(1) 6 months within their max out without any disciplinary charges prior to that, they'll be release early to complete the remainder of their sentence through DPPP.

(2) up for parole or probabation they could be released "early". Understand that these releases do not mean they are "free" they're just released from SCDC into another law enforcement agency's custody and they will be expected to fulfill the requirements of their release ASAP (fees and all even if they do not have a job). I hope this helps everyone.

Missingmyman76
09-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I think how all of this works is if they are:

(1) 6 months within their max out without any disciplinary charges prior to that, they'll be release early to complete the remainder of their sentence through DPPP.

(2) up for parole or probabation they could be released "early". Understand that these releases do not mean they are "free" they're just released from SCDC into another law enforcement agency's custody and they will be expected to fulfill the requirements of their release ASAP (fees and all even if they do not have a job). I hope this helps everyone.
Ok Chocs heres one for u bc I am even more confused now. michael goes up for parole end of Jan but his max out date is June 1st so still less than 6 months from Jan. So will he still go up for parole or will he get out??? Its really messing with my head!!! Like I aint got enough to try and figure out.I hope u r doing good. Sending prayers your way, Nikki p.s. Can they get out on parole if they do not have a job lined up???

choclgs
09-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Ok Chocs heres one for u bc I am even more confused now. michael goes up for parole end of Jan but his max out date is June 1st so still less than 6 months from Jan. So will he still go up for parole or will he get out??? Its really messing with my head!!! Like I aint got enough to try and figure out.I hope u r doing good. Sending prayers your way, Nikki p.s. Can they get out on parole if they do not have a job lined up???

I can understand the confusion because it took all summer for us to figure out my love's release situation. It was very stressful and most people will not want to help. Honestly I think they could try to release him six months early and avoid the parole hearing base on his max out but that would be up to the institution/caseworker and him contacting someone there about his case and release. It's up to those in charge at his institution to provide headquarters with the information, and they will tell you that anytime you call the offices in Columbia. The chaplain was very helpful in our case, he made as many calls and got what basic information he could get for us. If you both are prepared to work (stay in frequent contact with each other without getting overwhelmed and stressed) to get information, he should start asking questions as early as the end of October about the six months release not the parole hearing.

No one has to have a job, but DPPP wants the money for the fees the day they report to their assigned agent. That was the first question my love's agent asked each time and they can violate them for not paying. One of his requirements was to look for work, but it didn't seem to be a priority because a lot of people who reported on the day he was assigned were out of work/on unemployment.

I hope I answered your question and thanks again for the prayers, we're still waiting to hear something...no news is good news I guess. We just have to get through next week *sigh*.

Missingmyman76
09-24-2010, 09:38 PM
I can understand the confusion because it took all summer for us to figure out my love's release situation. It was very stressful and most people will not want to help. Honestly I think they could try to release him six months early and avoid the parole hearing base on his max out but that would be up to the institution/caseworker and him contacting someone there about his case and release. It's up to those in charge at his institution to provide headquarters with the information, and they will tell you that anytime you call the offices in Columbia. The chaplain was very helpful in our case, he made as many calls and got what basic information he could get for us. If you both are prepared to work (stay in frequent contact with each other without getting overwhelmed and stressed) to get information, he should start asking questions as early as the end of October about the six months release not the parole hearing.

No one has to have a job, but DPPP wants the money for the fees the day they report to their assigned agent. That was the first question my love's agent asked each time and they can violate them for not paying. One of his requirements was to look for work, but it didn't seem to be a priority because a lot of people who reported on the day he was assigned were out of work/on unemployment.

I hope I answered your question and thanks again for the prayers, we're still waiting to hear something...no news is good news I guess. We just have to get through next week *sigh*.
Chocs thanks so much for the help. Michael is very quiet in there so not to sure what good he can do. I have tried calling parole in Columbia several times to no return call. But will start back over again Mon.I'm just trying to make sure they have my right phone number for when he goes up for parole b/c one pto member said they had already called her for her bf's parole hearing and he goes up at beginning of Jan and michael goes up toward the end. Michael has a job lined up that he could prob start a day or so after getting home, but I cant have them write a letter b/c they dont know hes locked up. When michael went to court i told them his mom got sick and they called last week and i told them he had to go back to take care of her and we dont know whats going to happen right now. I mean seriously they must be needing people bad b/c that was late feb when he put his app in and they are still calling wanting him to come to work for them. Well Thanks again for all your help. I have been really down in the dumps lately and feel like crap so Im going to bed. Keep us informed about your loved one and good luck to u both. Sending prayers, Nikki

inantit
01-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Has anyone heard if the early release bill passed. My hubby called me today a d said it passed on jan 3rd of this year and that he thinks he will be getting g out 6 months early....any info will be more than appreciated!! Anyone who knows anything about this please message back! I've scoured the internet and can't find anything about it anywhere...its supposedly 6 months off sentences for non violent offenders.....please help......

WithoutHim
01-12-2012, 04:20 PM
Maybe that will happen in Alabama as well. We are already 195% over capacity!! I am ready for my man to come home!!

Marchio1948
03-07-2012, 08:46 PM
I too,have heard all the above.Then some people tell me not to hold my breath.My son is non-violent,hope things go good for him in May.
Good luck to all who have loved ones comming up for parole.Wish we could ALL get together and get something done!!