View Full Version : H1N1 Vaccine at Polunsky Unit TX Prison

ShoesHappen
03-23-2010, 10:38 AM
This week the inmates at Polunsky are offered the H1N1 vaccines.
I'm not so sure what the point is with flu season being officially over as of March. And with people getting pretty sick with H1N1 within a few days after the shot I'm almost expecting a lock down/visits canceled this week due to "a viral outbreak" on the unit.

Faith & God
03-23-2010, 10:43 AM
I just talked with my husband and he did recieve the shot this morning.I told him in a day are 2 he could get sick.He said he wished he had of known that he would of never taken it.I sure hope they have visit this weekend for it's out weekend to visit.With my work sch.we only get every other week to visit.Please let us have this one.

ShoesHappen
03-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Ha! I'm in the exact same boat ... I work every other weekend, so those visits are precious! I lucked out a few times and got to go three weekends in a row, but if they cancel visits this weekend I won't be able to see my husband for three weeks.
My husband didn't take it, neither did I last fall, neither of us have been sick except the occasional sniffles here and there.
Most people I know who got the vaccine in fall got sick and were diagnosed with full-blown H1N1 within a few days.

RedzReyna
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
My husband took it as well - so we'll wait and see what happens I hope and pray to God that none of them get sick after taking this shot.

Lorraine
03-23-2010, 01:10 PM
My husband is at Terrell unit and it was not optional there. He was forced to get the shot a little over a week ago and he's been fine so far. I got it myself a few months ago and no problems here either.

ShoesHappen
03-23-2010, 01:19 PM
... it was not optional there. He was forced to get the shot ...
That is illegal! No one can be forced to take a vaccination!!!

Halo666
03-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Why do almost all get sick by TAKING the medicine? I took and I can't tell of any complications.But to be expected at PU...

ShoesHappen
03-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I didn't say almost all who get the vaccine get sick, I was referring to most people I personally know who got it who fell sick shortly after.
It's also not a medication, it's a vaccination.

mambo
03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
My guy there got sick about 2 weeks ago... he said a lot of people were already.

ShoesHappen
03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
My guy there got sick about 2 weeks ago... he said a lot of people were already.
Is he DR, Gen Pop, Ad Seg, Trustee Dorms?

mambo
03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Is he DR, Gen Pop, Ad Seg, Trustee Dorms?

GP... he had just been transferred over there about 3 weeks ago.

ShoesHappen
03-26-2010, 01:36 PM
My husband is a trustee, he said no one on his tanks has gotten sick. Yet.

mambo
03-26-2010, 08:32 PM
My husband is a trustee, he said no one on his tanks has gotten sick. Yet.

It sounded like everyone around him already got sick, was quarantined, couldn't go to store etc. but they were still insisting on giving him the vaccine after he was sick anyway. :rolleyes: Well, hopefully it'll clear out.

ShoesHappen
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
they were still insisting on giving him the vaccine after he was sick anyway.
Another violation! Vaccines should not be given to people who are already sick.

mambo
03-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Another violation! Vaccines should not be given to people who are already sick.

Oh, he refused it, no worries... but sounds like the nurse was a bit thick and didn't understand why. She kept insisting on giving it to him despite being told repeatedly that he had already gotten sick. I'm so glad he's in such good hands for his health. :rolleyes: