View Full Version : Pocahontas--HELP!!

Donnie'sgirl
03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
My husband has been at Green Rock since July 2008 and on Friday was transferred to Pocahontas. I finally got to talk to him yesterday and things are not good. His hands are still numb because they had the cuffs too tight during transportation, the nurse told him yep they were too tight. The guards watch them take showers, 3 sets of state issued clothes and only can do laundry once a week. He is not used to being treated bad, he worked in the laundry at Green Rock and has been down 20+ years and says he has never been treated like he is there. I'm sure there is more he just isn't telling me. He is not a violent offender, he has no violent crimes on his record only larceny. To top it off someone told him the warden will never approve our visits and that really made him angry. Warden at Green Rock approved them after the 12 month wait and we visited once a month or so and were married at Green Rock on Dec.28, 2009. He felt like finally something good was happening in his life he was so positive and would yell at me if I didn't stay positive. He sounded so different yesterday. So I called Pocahontas and talked to the operations officer who sounded very surprised that I had visited him at Green Rock and even more surprised that we were married there. I know I am rambling ladies, but I'm so upset. Has anyone out there had to have their visits approved and if so how did it go? What are your guys saying about being there? Please help!! I feel lost and terribly lonely right now, he says he will get off there and I'm not sure what that means. So anyone who can help I would appreciate it. Our life was so good before this, he wanted to go to Buckingham or Powhatan and got Pocahontas.:cry:

harasubam
03-16-2010, 04:03 PM
sorry they run pocahontas like a level 5 door breaks are hard to get use to for the guys they have to time everything not to get locked on the wrong side. lots of guards watching every move. on the other hand its clean safe not any drugs or contraban to speak of the guards are nice and respectful you get to visit both days on the week end
i dont know about aproval but its not really that bad of place.

onevirgo
04-22-2010, 09:55 AM
hey, my loved one is at pscc too. he went from ACC to PSCC, I had spoke to the warden at ACC when he was being transferred and he said he was going to put in word for him to go to Buckingham so it'd still be close to me and his family but he got sent to pscc instead, been there over a year. I liked visiting ACC much better, they were a little more relaxed. I dont get to visit as often though b/c it's 4 hrs away and I don't like doing that drive w/ just me and my daughter. why are you saying they say you can't visit at all? makes no sense?

harasubam
04-22-2010, 11:20 AM
My husband has been at Green Rock since July 2008 and on Friday was transferred to Pocahontas. I finally got to talk to him yesterday and things are not good. His hands are still numb because they had the cuffs too tight during transportation, the nurse told him yep they were too tight. The guards watch them take showers, 3 sets of state issued clothes and only can do laundry once a week. He is not used to being treated bad, he worked in the laundry at Green Rock and has been down 20+ years and says he has never been treated like he is there. I'm sure there is more he just isn't telling me. He is not a violent offender, he has no violent crimes on his record only larceny. To top it off someone told him the warden will never approve our visits and that really made him angry. Warden at Green Rock approved them after the 12 month wait and we visited once a month or so and were married at Green Rock on Dec.28, 2009. He felt like finally something good was happening in his life he was so positive and would yell at me if I didn't stay positive. He sounded so different yesterday. So I called Pocahontas and talked to the operations officer who sounded very surprised that I had visited him at Green Rock and even more surprised that we were married there. I know I am rambling ladies, but I'm so upset. Has anyone out there had to have their visits approved and if so how did it go? What are your guys saying about being there? Please help!! I feel lost and terribly lonely right now, he says he will get off there and I'm not sure what that means. So anyone who can help I would appreciate it. Our life was so good before this, he wanted to go to Buckingham or Powhatan and got Pocahontas.:cry:

i never really had a problem with warden young. hes not bad maybe the other inmate is just full of it. my brotherinlaw a felon got to be aproved to visit at pocahontas and it hasnt anything but sending a request letter it is a hard camp for an inmate to get use too they are watched at all times and have three guards in each pod at all times this is not the usual lax camp but there is vertually no trouble there no drugs to speak of or crap going on.