View Full Version : Hello Everyone!! Daniel Unit TX Prison

deerwoman
03-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Did anybody make the trip to Daniel unit over the weekend? Hope you had a good visit. How was your loved one?
Have a nice day!!!

deerwoman
03-24-2010, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I'm sorta talking to myself but it is so quiet in here. I know most of you are busy. I am at work too but this is where I have access to a computer. How is everybody? I am getting mails regularly now. Any news coming out of the unit? Hope all is well with everybody.

GoodBI_girl
03-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Hello,

I'm sorta talking to myself but it is so quiet in here. I know most of you are busy. I am at work too but this is where I have access to a computer. How is everybody? I am getting mails regularly now. Any news coming out of the unit? Hope all is well with everybody.

Hi Deerwoman!!!!! I am retired so I am at home working, getting ready for Easter and making things with the grandbabies.:)

deerwoman
04-20-2010, 08:25 AM
Hello Everybody,

I haven't seen anybody posting lately. I guess everyone is doing okay and your loved one too. I was concerned because I haven't heard from my son but I got his letter yesterday. I send e-mails so hopefully he gets mail from me regularly.
Have a nice day.

Craigs Girl
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
hello my guy is in Daniel unit he was just transferred

deerwoman
04-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Hello Craigs Girl,

Welcome to the board. You can get any info here. I have a son in the unit for about a year now. I live on the opposite side of where he's at and just have visited with him just once. I will probably go one weekend next month. The mail is slow at times but I've been getting letters from him regularly now. If you would rather write him through jpay e-mails you can. To me that's a lot easier. We try to support each other any way we can. Just take it one day at a time. My son's parole is coming up in April 2012, I don't know if the board let them go the first time around, but we can always hope for a miracle.
Have a nice day.

deerwoman
05-03-2010, 09:32 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm talking to myself again. Did anybody visit their loved one over the weekend? Hope your trip was okay and visit very wonderful.
have a good day.

britecloud
05-04-2010, 04:07 AM
hey, deerwoman...i havent visited since Easter and probably wont for awhile with money so tight.
we're hoping he sees the ipo this week...and praying he comes home this fall.

craigsgirl...jpay emails are the bomb- weve never had any issues with him getting them the same day. i send cards or letters now and again as something special to do, but the mailroom can take a few days to pass them on.

this is a really good unit...professional, helpful staff (for the most part), clean and kept up, too. there is a sandwich machine in addition to the soda and candy/chip machine and a microwave in the visiting room.

where are you from?

deerwoman
05-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Hello everybody,

I am making plans to go see my son next weekend. That is if the weather is cooperating and no tornadoes coming through.
Am scraping up all the pennies I find but will make it.
See you there.

britecloud
05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
Am scraping up all the pennies I find but will make it.
See you there.

to save a considerable amount on the hotel expense you can stay at the samaritan house in colorado city for free...their number is: 325-728-2399.
it's a really, really nice, safe place..youll have your own room with your own key, and the volunteers who staff it are the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet.

everything is included...meals, shampoo, soap...everything!! they even have quarters for you to purchase for the vending machines. it is about 20 minutes from the unit, right off I-20..really easy to get to.

you do have to call to make a reservation, and sometimes they fill up fast so i would do it asap. if you want a second on my opinion of the house..you can always email daywalker...i turned her onto it when we rideshared last year and i know she stayed there a couple times after.

take care...and have a GREAT VISIT :thumbsup::D

deerwoman
05-16-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks,
I did call and made reservation and the lady I talked to was real nice.
Have a good day.

britecloud
05-19-2010, 06:23 AM
you have a great visit! :-)

deerwoman
05-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

I am going to visit my son this weekend. I am excited as I haven't seen him since November.
All of you that are going to be there this weekend, you'll see me there. Just wave and I'll wave back.
My daughter and I are leaving early Friday morning to get there before dark. It's about 7 1/2 drive. We're used to driving to Norman, OK at the same distance so it's okay. When I find my way to I-20 it's a straight drive there.
See ya!!!!!

babygirl254
05-19-2010, 01:41 PM
awww that is great news deerwoman i hope u have a good and safe trip! im here to vent i wrote my fiance three letter and no response from him:( i have also sent him money for stamps and comissary i dont know i hope he's okay :(

deerwoman
05-24-2010, 10:48 AM
Good Morning everybody,

I went to see my son over the weekend. Long drive and tired but well worth it.
It was real windy, almost pushing you back if you were wallking against it.
It seemed that there weren't too may people visiting.
The hospitality house was simply superb. The rooms were clean, nice people, good food too. There were several families but it didn't fill up and they were going to other units.
My son was doing okay. The only problem he had was that he tried to sign off on some property for us to take home but they wouldn't do it for him. He had to bring it to the warden's attention and it was done within the hours we were visiting him. We had to take home 50 lbs. of magazines.
It broke my heart to leave him but eventually he will come home for good.
Every body take care and have a good day.

chapstick
05-25-2010, 03:15 PM
Ah deerwoman, that's really good to hear! I wish I could visit my penpal in the Daniel unit, but since I live overseas that's not really an option...

ericajean10
06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Hello Craigs Girl,

Welcome to the board. You can get any info here. I have a son in the unit for about a year now. I live on the opposite side of where he's at and just have visited with him just once. I will probably go one weekend next month. The mail is slow at times but I've been getting letters from him regularly now. If you would rather write him through jpay e-mails you can. To me that's a lot easier. We try to support each other any way we can. Just take it one day at a time. My son's parole is coming up in April 2012, I don't know if the board let them go the first time around, but we can always hope for a miracle.
Have a nice day.

Hi!! I am new to this board. My father's son has been in Daniel Unit now for the past 6 years, and as of recently, he and I have been writing back and forth. What I was curious about, was the jpay email thing you mentioned. How do I send him emails? I would love to do that. But is there a limit of how much you can write? I tend to write at least 6 pages.. ;) I know he and I will not be able to see each other till he gets out, which is in another 9 years(the cost to fly is to much. I live in NC), so writing is all we have. He and his son, who is now 13, have not seen each other since my son was 1. That is a long story in itself, but he has found the light since he has been in prison, and I have enjoyed our conversations, immensely. I know how much it means to them to receive mail, so I thought the jpay thing would be a way he could get mail from us more often. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I hope they give him parole his first time up. I am hoping for the same.

deerwoman
06-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Good morning erickajean10,

Go to jpay correctional services. There it will show you how to sign up to send messages or to send money. You need to have credit or debit card. Even a wal-mart debit card is acceptable. You will need to purchase stamps to send the e-mail. Each page costs 1 stamp. Most of the time, when I send e-mail, my son gets it the same day. Hope that helps.
Have a good day.

ericajean10
06-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Thank you.. It helped alot. I found the site, but after a little bit.. I've already sent 2 letters with attached pictures. :-) Thank you again!!!

babygirl254
06-24-2010, 07:35 AM
hello ladies just checkin in to see how everyone is doin just got news my fiance is up for parole review his projected release date is 10-10-10 im so nervous all i can do is think positve and pray i hope all goes well!

GoodBI_girl
07-02-2010, 11:05 AM
hello ladies just checkin in to see how everyone is doin just got news my fiance is up for parole review his projected release date is 10-10-10 im so nervous all i can do is think positve and pray i hope all goes well!

Great news, my guy is up for next May! They decided that he is good to go then.

babygirl254
07-03-2010, 08:16 AM
hello gingertrail thank you!! and good luck to you and your guy i hope all goes well with everything in may time is flying by!!!

deerwoman
07-06-2010, 08:17 AM
good Morning,

Wow, babygirl, I bet you are nervous. Hang in there, everything will be okay. Keep us informed. My son's parole won't be until April 2012.
Have a nice day!!!!1

GoodBI_girl
07-14-2010, 02:12 AM
hello gingertrail thank you!! and good luck to you and your guy i hope all goes well with everything in may time is flying by!!!

Thanks Jessica! I am now "in charge" of getting the paperwork in order for getting his life started again. I need to get a birth certificate and some other things. It is hard to get things when we are in different states but I think with a year to do it it can be achieved. His spirits are high and between a lot of letters and clippings of old friends he has a new zest for life!:thumbsup:

babygirl254
07-18-2010, 09:48 AM
good morning everyone!!!

deerwoman thank u so much and yes im a nervous wreck i really hope and pray he makes it i will definetly keep u guys posted! and time is flying by good luck with your son parole review when it comes up! have a nice day also.

gingertrail your welcome :) that is great news keep us posted have a nice day!

vhisgood
07-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Should I be nervous, my son is up for parole on 08/05/2010, he has been interveived by one person, myself and daughter have written the parole board several times. What should I do next? He has an 50/50 chance of getting parole. His total time is five years and possible parole after 2 1/2 years. When will they change is date on the computer if he or don't get parole.