View Full Version : Need help please & what is segregation time?

scooby3
03-14-2010, 09:12 AM
hello, i am new to this forum and could really use some help. i am trying to get info. i am related to an inmate that was sentenced for AB with DW, sentenced for 2 years with 1 year to serve. i was told he would be up for parole in 6 months since first arriving, which would mean parole could be next month. when going to visit, he has been moved to different units at least 4 times in the past 5 months. he has been in dark green uniform, and now he is in orange. he is in a "G" unit/cell (not sure what their called). a guard told me he had to have done something bad to be where he is, and will have a hearing when he's out of the G cell. now when going to visit, they said he can't have visitors, he's doing his segregation time. what does all this mean? new unit, new color, seg time? is he in alot of trouble? will he still be able to get parole? what do you do to get in this unit/orange uniform? please, any help is really needed! thank you.

angel mathews
03-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Scooby

First is he in county or state doc? If he is in county green means he has been sentenced and orange means he has not been to trail yet...so I am not sure what may have happened there I don't know about all the unit transfers but I would say that the CO is right that you'r friend is in some trouble as he is in segration and that means he is in the hole for doing something and can not have visitors at this time..Wish I could help you more & I wish you the best ((((Hugs)))) Angel

scooby3
03-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you angel mathews. he is in a county prison. he was already sentenced for his ab w/dw and is serving his time in county. however, his clothes got changed to orange (which i'm told is bad) and they told me he's in segregation. so i'm wondering what all this means and since he's up for parole next month, does this mean he may not get out? it's very hard to get answers, and just need any insights. thanks again.

parole_help_123
03-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Each county jail has their own color code. Some camps let their inmates wear their own clothes.

Positive parole decisions take much into consideration the inmate's adjustment and attitude shown while incarcerated. Being lugged (put in seg) is never a good thing and will affect his parole decision. But ALL parole-eligible inmates will be seen and given a hearing, no matter where they are or what they're wearing.