View Full Version : Any info on La Vista in Pueblo?

dbass
03-10-2010, 04:13 PM
My name's Deb. My daughter just got moved from DWCF to La Vista. I can give info on DWCF, but wondering if anyone knows anything about La Vista in Pueblo?

Thank you for any info.

Nanci9
03-10-2010, 07:59 PM
Any specific info you want just ask. There are people on here that will most likely have any information you need. She'll be fine there, much better than DWCF

Her_Man
03-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I can't help you with La Vista, as that is the one Colorado facility my wife has not been in.

dbass
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Just wondering about the medical help there. DWCF didn't listen to her and put her on some terrible medicine for her trigeminal neuralgia. Can't find much on the programs available to inmates there. In fact can't find much at all about LVCF.

Nanci9
03-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Medical assistance within the DOC system overall is substandard. She will need to put in a kite to see Judy right away and see where that leads. There is a process which needs to be followed if she is not getting what she needs. If she has no one who has been thru the ordeal, suggest to her that she make a law library appointment and ask ask ask. As for programs there are several. If you have the opportunity, give her case manager a call, explain that you would like to discuss the possibilities with your daughter and ask for information. This will be a two-fold benefit, first you will gain the info you want, and, the case manager will have the knowledge that your daughter has family support. Stay strong and blessed, this is not always an easy road but...it does have an end.

seansbabyluv
03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Make sure you that you have a current HIIPA form for her that will allow the facility to release medical information to you. If you don't, they won't tell you anything. I can also put you in touch with the Director of Clinical Services if the escalation doesn't work.

dbass
03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Make sure you that you have a current HIIPA form for her that will allow the facility to release medical information to you. If you don't, they won't tell you anything. I can also put you in touch with the Director of Clinical Services if the escalation doesn't work.
She had filled out a HIPPA in DWCF, but she was moved this week to a facility in Pueblo. Will she have to fill out another one there?
Thanks for the info!
Deb

seansbabyluv
03-12-2010, 03:40 PM
I would do another one just in case they "lost" it. Most of the ones I have seen expire after 12 months anyway so it's always a good idea to do one every year. I've seen a lot of people refused information because of it and it can take forever to get it to DOC for her file.