View Full Version : How do conjugal visits work in Victoria?

babybomber
03-05-2010, 04:51 AM
How long must your man be serving to be allowed conjugal visits in victoria???? How do you get one??? My man is in for a min of 2 an a half yrs an at fulham but hoping to go to dhurringile.:o

Bezzz
05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I wouldnt mind knowing about these as well my man has just over 3 years to go.

bellie
05-30-2011, 01:13 AM
I thought Australia didn't allow them

Bezzz
05-30-2011, 03:06 AM
Ive hard wispers that they do but i dont have any info on them or anything. I do know when they come close to relase they start getting leave and i dont know anything about that so if anyone knows pelase tell me about them.

bellie
05-30-2011, 06:08 AM
Weekend leave depends on the classification.

Bezzz
05-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Ah ok thankyou.

elishaxo
05-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I think they're only at medium/low security. I know Loddon and Fullham have them. I think the inmate has to apply for them. I wish there was more info!

Bezzz
05-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Ah ok cool i know where my man is i dont think they have them i know that they can get weekend leav closer to there relaise date but i dont even know hiw that works! There really dose need to be more information on this for us.

Bezzz
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
I think they're only at medium/low security. I know Loddon and Fullham have them. I think the inmate has to apply for them. I wish there was more info!

Ok just found out that they are aloud in vic and ATC and prisoners have to apply for them othere then that i dont know wich prisons they happen at.

elishaxo
05-30-2011, 10:11 PM
My boyfriend said loddon, fullham and marngoneet. I don't think he's too sure but that's what he's heard. Where is your partner at? X

Bezzz
05-30-2011, 10:31 PM
My boyfriend said loddon, fullham and marngoneet. I don't think he's too sure but that's what he's heard. Where is your partner at? X

Thats what ive hared as well and i think theres a capple of others that do as well wish there was more info on them. My man is at ararat where is your man at? X :)

elishaxo
05-31-2011, 04:34 AM
Thats what ive hared as well and i think theres a capple of others that do as well wish there was more info on them. My man is at ararat where is your man at? X :)

My boyfriend is in Barwon! xo

Bezzz
05-31-2011, 05:08 AM
Whats Barwon like?? Hope its not to bad!

elishaxo
05-31-2011, 05:14 AM
I haven't had any issues with it and neither has he luckily. He has one friend in there who is basically his rock so they're always together. He is in the unit where they can work so his mornings are spent occupied with that. He likes it there :) the screws are nice when I go on a visit. What's Ararat like?

Bezzz
05-31-2011, 05:39 AM
I havent had a problem with Ararat the vistes there are good get to see him for the weekend pretty much. He hasnt had any problens wich is good and his doing eduction in there right now and he said that its pretty good coz they get to do that for most of the day so his happy :) oh and the screws are nice to me when i go and see him. :)

elishaxo
05-31-2011, 06:59 AM
The whole weekend?! Woah! I only get to see my boyfriend for 2 hours when I visit him :(

Bezzz
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
2 hours!!??! Oh god that would drive me up the wall! Get to see him from 9 to 3.15 each day so its pretty good down side is that its almost a 400k drive for me to see him :(

elishaxo
05-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow that's good! Barwon is maximum security so that's probably why. You're so lucky!! I only live 40 mins from Barwon which is good!! Xo

Bezzz
05-31-2011, 08:46 PM
I think we are pretty lucky haveing good vistes. Wow i would love to be that close to my man it would make heaps cheeper and easyer! :) xo

elishaxo
05-31-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah that's true! He won't be at Barwon the whole time so eventually I'll have to drive distance :(

Bezzz
05-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Do you know where his going get moved to yet? And it dos suck haveing to drive :(

elishaxo
06-01-2011, 05:16 AM
Hopefully Loddon :) is your man moving anywhere else or staying at ararat?

Bezzz
06-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Not sure yet :/ love how the prison system works! :( at least you know where your man is going to :)

elishaxo
06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
He's not too sure if he's going but he wants to go there eventually :) xo

Bezzz
06-01-2011, 04:43 PM
At least you have some idea as to where his going :) xo

elishaxo
06-01-2011, 07:10 PM
This is true! :):)

Bezzz
06-02-2011, 09:14 PM
You got try and look at the good side of things i gess :)

sad_miss
06-05-2011, 04:33 AM
Hey Guys :)
I'm not sure how long they have to be serving, but they can apply after 3 months at the prison. They have to have followed all rules an regulations an not have been in any trouble at all. You have to prove that you live together or were together before prison an then your man has to be approved. They are called family visits at some prisons, cause they are not for the purpose of sex !! Haha. When my man moves we are going to apply so will let you know any more info as it comes to hand :)

bobznemo
06-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Ok.. My husband & I applied for them while he was at Loddon - and they were about to be approved - & he moved to Barwon :(
It's a min of 3 or 4 years that ur man has to serve. family visits & conjical visits are completely different ...
It takes months to be approved.. For family visits- there has to be dhs checks with the kids, phyc checks with ur man, they contact u, there is a whole heap of paperwork. You have to prove ur a couple on the outside.. Bills, license address, marriage etc.
And yeah, he has to be in about 8-12 months before you can apply.

Apparently they are really easy to get at margoneet (where my hubby is going soon yay! ;) lol)
they also do them at fulham & obviously Loddon.
Aswell as the open camps- beachworth & shepparton. There they have 24hr leaves etc..

Hope that helps a little?! :)

Bezzz
06-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Thankyou for the info :) it kinda makes it a bit easyer knowing that :):)

sad_miss
06-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Hey Bobznemo

Thanks for the info :) so when you say they are easy at Marngoneet are you talking conjugal or family visits ?
My man is heading there soon yay :D

elishaxo
06-07-2011, 05:19 PM
And what happens if you weren't a couple on the outside? By the time my boyfriend gets transferred to possibly Loddon we would have been together anywhere between 2-5 years. Is that good enough? Lol :( he thinks if you can prove you've been together for a length of time whilst he's incarcerated (being on the phone list for 18+ months, receiving and sending mail to one another, being on the visit list) then you can apply for conjugal visits. Is that possible cos what he said could just be random stories he's heard? If it's easier at marngoneet I think I'll encourage there LOL!

Bezzz
06-07-2011, 05:51 PM
I am not sure on that! But i would like to know as well i do know that they have to prove that they have done everything that the screws have aske them to do and have flowed there rules to get them and i hard a wisper it depneds on why they are in there as well i hopeing thats just a wisper!

elishaxo
06-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Ah my boyfriend is a good boy. He thankfully doesn't cause trouble. He's too busy thinking about going home from prison instead of the screws finding excuses to keep him there so we have no problem with that :) 15 years! For his sake I hope they allow conjugal visits lmao. How long does your other half have left bezzz?

Bezzz
06-07-2011, 07:38 PM
My man has just over 3 years left to go so i gess i dont have much to complan about! Lol i hope for both your sakes that you do get those visets! :D
Oh my man is the same he stays out of trobble as we :)

elishaxo
06-07-2011, 09:14 PM
3 years is still a long time though! 3 years you won't get to live your relationship to it's full potential. I just hope my boyfriend gets an appeal his way eh!

Bezzz
06-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Yep it is :( my mans appeal gets hard next year sometime i just hope that it dos some good and gos our way :) i hope your boyfrinds appeal gos his way as well!

elishaxo
06-07-2011, 09:59 PM
I think Nathan's is next year sometime too. Thank you, same to you :)

Bezzz
06-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Your welcome :) how long has he done already? And i hard that there supose to do a creanten amount of time before its gets hard! Talke about messing with ya head lol

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 12:02 AM
He's done 2 years :c how much time has your man done?

Bezzz
06-08-2011, 12:09 AM
D has done 8 monthes of his 4 years so iam looking at it that he only has 3 and a bit to go :(

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 12:31 AM
If you keep yourself busy it'll go quick :)

Bezzz
06-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Oh i do :) just sucks when i dont get mail from him! There so so so slack up there with sending it out!

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 02:21 AM
Oh really? It takes two days for me to receive letters. Although, I'd swap letters for a whole weekend visit any day!!

Bezzz
06-08-2011, 02:47 AM
Yep me and D worked ot oit that there about a week and a hafe behind in sending it out! A whol weekend is great but i only get to see him once a month so ive gotta put up with snail maill.

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 03:39 AM
A whole week and a half?! That's shocking!! Definitely not the easiest time in your life hey :(

Bezzz
06-08-2011, 03:56 AM
Yep a whole week and hafe its not what i would call easy :( i would love to know why they are so slack at sending it out it dose make it so much harder for the both of us :(

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Yeah I could imagine :(

Bezzz
06-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Oh well i dont think theres much i can do about it :( but coz they check his letters i let them have it them he knows iam not going ggggrr at him but at the slackers who are doing the mail. :)

elishaxo
06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Haha very true!

bobznemo
07-04-2011, 06:16 AM
Hey Bobznemo

Thanks for the info :) so when you say they are easy at Marngoneet are you talking conjugal or family visits ?
My man is heading there soon yay :D

Your welcome :)
I think they have both family and conjugal's... Family visits are easier to get I believe - as you have them if you have kids. And its good for the rehabilitation etc.. I think after having a few of them, then you get conjugal's.
:)

bobznemo
07-04-2011, 06:24 AM
And what happens if you weren't a couple on the outside? By the time my boyfriend gets transferred to possibly Loddon we would have been together anywhere between 2-5 years. Is that good enough? Lol :( he thinks if you can prove you've been together for a length of time whilst he's incarcerated (being on the phone list for 18+ months, receiving and sending mail to one another, being on the visit list) then you can apply for conjugal visits. Is that possible cos what he said could just be random stories he's heard? If it's easier at marngoneet I think I'll encourage there LOL!

Hey baby girl ;)
Hmm this can be a complicated one, if your not 'dogey' thinking (like myself mwahahahaa lol)
Nath has been in for like 2yrs new yeah?.. You guys should apply to have them!
You need to send documents in, like a phone bill or any kind of bill / mail addressed to Nathan (same address as yours too)
i.e - phone bill from 2yrs ago in nathans name, same address as urs etc

"letters" from family members / friends - writing to confirm that you guys have been together for as long as you say you have.
&
a stat dec saying you have been together for however many years etc.

How long have you been visiting him though?? I think it needs to be about 18 months of regular visits.
I dont think they take into account phone records or mail unfortunatly!!

Ill talk to you a bit more about this more if you like, you know my number! ;)
Mwah x

elishaxo
07-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Hey baby girl ;)
Hmm this can be a complicated one, if your not 'dogey' thinking (like myself mwahahahaa lol)
Nath has been in for like 2yrs new yeah?.. You guys should apply to have them!
You need to send documents in, like a phone bill or any kind of bill / mail addressed to Nathan (same address as yours too)
i.e - phone bill from 2yrs ago in nathans name, same address as urs etc

"letters" from family members / friends - writing to confirm that you guys have been together for as long as you say you have.
&
a stat dec saying you have been together for however many years etc.

How long have you been visiting him though?? I think it needs to be about 18 months of regular visits.
I dont think they take into account phone records or mail unfortunatly!!

Ill talk to you a bit more about this more if you like, you know my number! ;)
Mwah x

Hey sugar baby! I can be dodgy thinking ;) haha yeah two and a half on the 8th. I'd apply but barwon don't have them so bit pointless. I don't have any mail of his and I highly doubt he would know where any of it is. Different address' too so that wouldn't work. Letters would work though :) I've been visiting for 3-4 months now so by the time he moves if he does it'll be 18 easily. Hey I have good news for you, I'll text you :) xx

bobznemo
07-04-2011, 07:20 AM
Hey sugar baby! I can be dodgy thinking ;) haha yeah two and a half on the 8th. I'd apply but barwon don't have them so bit pointless. I don't have any mail of his and I highly doubt he would know where any of it is. Different address' too so that wouldn't work. Letters would work though :) I've been visiting for 3-4 months now so by the time he moves if he does it'll be 18 easily. Hey I have good news for you, I'll text you :) xx

Oh yeah... fucking Barwon! LOL ;)
Yeah well once he moves somewhere else, apply for them straight away!!! :cool: haha!
Ill let you know about the letter situation and what to do in a txt ;)

Whats this good news?????? Hurry up and wb!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :) x x x

elishaxo
07-04-2011, 07:25 AM
I just replied :D now you tell me!!! Haha xxx

Oldmate1
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to be married to get conjugal visits