View Full Version : Info On Vans That Can Take Me To Rikers From The Bronx

Smiilesz
03-03-2010, 01:55 AM
This Is Going 2 Be My 1st Time Visting Someone In Rikers. Im Kinda Of Scared. I'm Just Wondering If Anyone Knows Any Vans That Can Take Me Straight To Rikers Island & Back. So If Ya Know Any Info Or Phone Numbers Can Ya Plzzz Let Me Know. Thanks :)

ricksbabe
03-08-2010, 06:23 AM
there is a van service that picks you up from 148 street and bergen. the cost is $12 round trip execept for those visiting inmates in the box that are in the beacon ( grvc), for those visitors you can only purchase a one way ticket.

hope this helps

AllHis
03-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Why no round trip for the Beacon? Because they be having you wait mad long right? I used to take the van all the time and they must've just realized that. My boo was in the Beacon and in my 3 years of going back & forth to Rikers my experience with the Beacon has been the WORST!!

ladymurda
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
yea they guy who do the vans is bobby i use 2 go 2 the island b4 hubby got moved up north

ricksbabe
03-10-2010, 06:04 PM
i actually loved the beacon !!! that was the only building where i got along with the co's although i use to have to wait hours to get in to see him so they figure if we have to sit in each others face all day, might as well play nice lol . they stopped taking round trips for box visitors only because they take too long !!!!