View Full Version : What would you do if it were your last evening?

cassleblanc
02-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Some of you know by now that I will be self surrendering to FPC Bryan tomorrow ... and thanks all for being so supportive.

When I asked this question in my last thread ... NatureJunkie pointed out that this question may deserve it's own thread ... and I wholeheartedly agree.

I have to go recieve my last phone call for ten months from my BF who is already doing his time for this crime. So I imagine it will be an emotional one ... wish me luck!

And I look forward to reading some creative responses when I return in a couple of hours ...

Cass

CHoffer
02-15-2004, 07:13 PM
Cass, Best of luck to you and your time at Bryan. Stay positive, because time will pass and you can put it all behind you. Take care

NatureJunkee
02-15-2004, 07:20 PM
Okay--I'll start. (I already sort-of posted this in the other thread) First, I would hope that I was going to get to talk to my baby some. Then, I would probably take a very long bath with lots of smell-good stuff and candles in the bathroom. Then, I would take my doggies for a long walk. After that, I would order pizza and just eat the cheese off of it. (I would be scared that MrsKendrick2you was going to give me lecture about dieting, but I would blow her off because it is my last night). There is a place here in Austin that I am addicted to (cassle--ever eat Mangia????). Then, I would come to PTO and look for stories about how it won't be that bad and the time will pass. I would also probably call friends and family. Oh yeah, if I hadn't thought to do it already, I would have to go get my nails taken off--I have solarnails and they would not last in there so I would get that done. In a nutshell, I think I would just enjoy my time in my house for a little bit.

Cassle-- you know we will all be pulling for you! Stay in touch with those of us that are going to write you, okay?

cassleblanc
02-15-2004, 07:24 PM
MMM ... yes I know Mangia! Man! I wish we could meet ... ;)

NatureJunkee
02-15-2004, 07:28 PM
How about this--I owe you one when you get home--and that's a promise! That place just rocks!

cassleblanc
02-15-2004, 07:37 PM
OK! You're on ... stay out of trouble until then ... ;)

FriscoLady
02-15-2004, 08:15 PM
My last evening was December 19th, my Mom's Birthday. I was sentenced on the 20th and taken into custody.

Mom and Dad, Linda, my son James, and my daughters Judy and Sara, my son-in-law Marc, and my Grandchildren were here. We celebrated Mom's Birthday and Christmas and Hanukah that night all rolled into one.

We had made a whole day, a family day, cooking for the feast and having holiday dinner. I called friends, Linda and I walked our beloved beach for the last time, and we took Communion from our Pastor.

Cassle, we are here for you and we stand with you. I have seen your posts, but I do not know you well.

You are in our prayers, stay strong and keep your chin up.

Patti

deb
02-15-2004, 08:45 PM
I would simply be spending time with those I love... Please stay strong and let us know how you're doing.... ((hugs))

Deb

haswtch
02-15-2004, 09:32 PM
hugs...savor the comfort, breathe deep, know that you will be okay. try to see the whole thing as just this unique wierd life experience, an adventure you are being sent on to observe and learn. maybe a few last free world phone calls to certain people.

mrskendrick2you
02-15-2004, 10:23 PM
Cass,

1st let me say that I am soo sorry to hear your news. That is just downright Awful! You are very strong though, and don't forget that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. It may not be so apparent and clear to you now, but you will see what I mean.

Ooooooooo can I join you and Naturejunkee.... that will be cool!!!
Also, although you and I have never conversed before if you'd like to write me just let me know and I will send you my info.

Ok, and now to the question... Um, if it were my last evening, to be honest I'd probably cry my eyes out, and if you do that then you are normal dont beat yourself up over it, and then I would do as I believe NatureJ suggested and take a nice long hot bath and have some music playing and just lay in the bath and relax your mind and I would definitely talk to God (or your higher power) over and over and over again.

And yes NatureJ is right, I would kick her a** if she ate that pizza!! LOL.. but for you Cass, I will make an exception :D

Know that I am praying for you, and know that everything will work out in the end.
and know that you have pto behind you 100%!

Keisha

cassleblanc
02-15-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks so much everyone ...
Even though I've only been here a week, this place has helped so much. I'm so glad I found it and that it exists. Everyone is so kind.
When I get out I will certainly come back and return the favor by helping others in my situation.

Until then, farewell ... and keep on keepin on ...

Cass