View Full Version : Sumter,marion,lake correctional,demilly &polk correctional

<3mymichael216
02-26-2010, 02:17 PM
ok, so my hubbys hopefully supposed to be putting in his transfer papers soon, n these prisons are the closest to home. waiting isnt a big deal, we know there will be a wait no matter where he transfers, but i would like some information from loved one of inmates from these places- the good n the bad, what to expect for him n for visitation, vocationals n jobs he can take, the way guards n staff act, ect. any info on these places would be greatly appreciated. thanks so much!

Fencie
03-02-2010, 03:21 PM
Have you searched PrisonTalk? Lots of good information there on each of these. Use the prison's name as the keyword.

littled73
03-08-2010, 05:27 AM
My husband is at Polk CI and has been for about 5 years now. It is pretty nice.. I think no matter where you go there will be the one or two guards that want to exhibit their authority. But overall it's a good place.. Let me know if you have any questions

Mrs.Bozeman
03-21-2010, 12:41 AM
My man is at Polk and at first it was ok but now there is constant drama....If he is able to go to the work camp then Yes Polk Ci would be great but the main unit is becoming really shady...I have a number of people I know inmate and staff wise at PCI. If you would like feel free to PM me and I will answer any questions you have to the best of my ability...

Fencie
03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
A friend of mine also recently left Polk with great relief, for the reasons you state, and the subtext, too.

i_love_magic
03-21-2010, 01:38 PM
my boyfriends at sumter and i got a letter from him a few days ago. mail seems to go faster in sumter Ci. he said it was great, but its the matter of getting there heads ta think. he said the exercies and everything was pretty easy. 101 1/2 days left till he gets out June 29th.

j&c<3
03-23-2010, 08:43 PM
mine in sumter work camp now and it very laid back...the CI there is more complicated then what it should be it a major difference from work camp

Our journey
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
My hubby was at Marion for some time and it was one of the better facilities he has been at....the guards were touch and go...good and bad but most tolerable. There was some vocation available but I dont know how much is still offered. Visitation was decent, the guards watched close but were not overly anal about anything. There were a few sticklers who seemed to want to flex their control but overall it was okay. He got transfered last years so I am not sure how it is currently.

<3mymichael216
03-24-2010, 06:10 AM
thank ya'll for your help. i think has decided upon sumter CI, marion CI (he cant stand his work camp at liberty- says he feels useless 99% of the day) or avon park CI. i just cant wait till hes closer to home....

khemiblueyes
03-26-2010, 08:09 PM
thank ya'll for your help. i think has decided upon sumter CI, marion CI (he cant stand his work camp at liberty- says he feels useless 99% of the day) or avon park CI. i just cant wait till hes closer to home....

My husband is at marion work camp for the most part it's not really bad, but today they are on lockdown because someone said that an inmate has a gun so the whole compound in locked down and no visitation tomorrow either! like i don't wait all week to see him on the weekends. thank God i live just down the road. but with all facilities you take the good with the bad, most of the officers are really great though. but of course there is always one who is trying to prove themselves. hope everything is working out for you! :)

Sandystar22
05-22-2010, 01:09 PM
mines at lake ci its good but i dont think its a work camp..

C_hopson<3
06-07-2010, 09:55 AM
my husband put in in tran for polk ci or sumter ci they are both an hour away from me does anyone know how long the waiting list are?

amickeyfan
06-07-2010, 02:42 PM
I don't know how long the waiting list is, but if you go into their web site & look at how many each of the prisons can hold, then go into Browse current population on that same page, you can see how many are there now...:thumbsup:

Sumter holds like 1502 & is over 1600 right now, Polk holds 1200 & has 1201 right now

or-mtwt
06-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Sumter holds like 1502 & is over 1600 right now, Polk holds 1200 & has 1201 right now

Sumter CI's web page has not been updated other then the warden's email in more then 10 years... the bed count for that prison is off by the dorms that have been put up in the last couple years.