View Full Version : CTS Louisville, parole, & getting married...

MrsTS
02-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Newbie here...

My husband to be is at this location (on W. Jefferson St.) & I'm trying to find out info.

About how long before they get a night out; do they ever get whole weekends? Do they have to stay in Louisville for the time out?

He's up for parole in Sept. 2010; we're trying to decide whether to marry beforehand during a night/weekend out or after September. If he puts in the time out request, & we have the wedding all planned/paid for etc. can the time out be revoked @ last minute?

If he doesn't make parole, does he get taken out of halfway house & sent back to a regular institution? I know some of these questions may be dumb but I really don't know LOL

We know it's taking a chance either way, to have the wedding while he's at CTS or set it after parole, not knowing...we're not very young either so we'd really like to do so this year

Thanks for info

patchouli
02-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Hello & welcome to the Kentucky forum of PTO!! I have a friend in Dismas House @ 15th & Lytle....he's been there about 6 months and has not gotten any night pass. The only time he is out is to go to work--which they provided him with the job & transportation. The visits are great! You can take home-cooked food or stop at Mc's (or where ever) and take that in. He wears street clothes and even has a wallet. They can have, I think, something like $75 in the wallet, no more. I have always heard that if someone does well in the halfway house, they will make parole provided they have completed all the programs required of them. My friend has yet to take sap and goes up for parole in July.....he's signed up for it, but has to wait for an opening. Yeah, he should've already taken it & didn't. Congratulations of the wedding!! Best wishes to you both.................:)

CTS-Russell Center
1407 West Jefferson Street
Louisville, KY 40203
Director: Barbara Strahm
(502) 855-6500
Fax: (502) 855-6501

MrsTS
02-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Yeah, he's already gone through & graduated from SAP. But my best friend's babydaddy had to take it after parole last year. Then he got kicked out & sent somewhere else; then last mo. he was sent to a HH.

My b/f said he can have up to $75 there too.

Your friend in 6 mo, no night or weekend out, huh...I guess we'll shoot for November date.

How long does it usually take from the time one is approved parole to them actually getting out? I understand it depends on home placement approval among other things. He'll be paroling to my house; I don't drink/party/do drugs, have no criminal record (a few traffic tickets), work, new homeowner.

Thanks for the congrats, yeah we can't wait! :D

patchouli
02-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Homeplacement inspection is usually before the parole date but I'm not sure how long it takes for them to actually be released after being approved for parole....there was a glitch in My Mr's release and it took about a month. And being at a 1/2 house, release may be pretty quick, I just don't know. Doesn't sound like there'll be any problems with him getting approved to come to your place! I'm very happy for you both :thumbsup:

MrsTS
03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Well my bf & I have talked about going ahead & getting married now, & having a ceremony later...like on an anniversary. I've blown a lot of my tax refund that was meant to be (partially) wedding money & we really can't afford one now.

He has to have a photo ID for us to get a marriage license & he informed me last night that he can't get one. He has to send for his SS card & birth certificate which he no longer has, & can't do that either. Called CTS this a.m. & they verified, no, he can't get a photo ID while he's still an inmate.

Sigh...I guess I'll look for a minister in Louisville who'd be willing to "marry" us w/o it being on paper...an "in the eyes of God" marriage. It won't be the same to me though...

balcom137342
03-26-2010, 09:21 AM
ok, this is what ya do....... wright to where he was born( its best to have his mother or father do this) and explain he has lost his birth certificate and he needs a certified copy, this will cost a little money, depends on how many he has gottin and the state he will get this from. be sure to send money order with letter!!!!! its not bad probley around 20 bucks or less... then he will need to go to S.S. office and get a print out of his number... which well state that he belongs to that number and take both to I.D. department and he can get an I.D. then send his I.D. to S.S. department and a new card will be sent along with his I.D. to him.... there are ways to do this with out him, however, ( That is a crime and im unable to explain this do to laws) its not hard to do thats way its so easy to lose or have someone steal your idenity....

patchouli
03-26-2010, 09:28 AM
Do you have a Power of Attorney? Do you have his personal stuff, like his driver's license? Also, if not a legitimate wedding ceremony, will they let you do that? You will need permission from the facility before you can have a ceremony.....just something to think about. Ya can't just "do it" because you want to while he's in there. Good Luck to you, I hope it all works out......and if it don't, September isn't too far away!

MrsTS
03-26-2010, 02:03 PM
No to 1st 2 questions. As to if the facility will let us marry, I asked CTS recently & the woman said "well, we don't care if they get married." I wasn't planning on us doing so at the facility; we intended on doing so during one of his out-passes. Going to a minister's office, home, etc. Sorry, should've made that clear...

I know September isn't far away, but we've wanted to do this for 2 1/2 years now...& we'll do it legally anyway when he's out. I have other personal reasons for wanting this...

patchouli
03-26-2010, 02:23 PM
Yea!! He gets passes! That's wonderful!! Hey, go for it and Congratulations :D My friend in a 1/2way house doesn't get passes, so I didn't think about your fella getting them either.