View Full Version : THEY MOVED HiM 2 CFRC MAiN UNiT...HELP!!

TOMMY&KiRA12/07
02-18-2010, 08:59 PM
SO THEY MOVED MY BOYFRiEND 2 CFRC MAiN UNiT LiKE 2 DAYS AGO DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW LONG iT TAKES THEM TO MOVE HiM AGAiN,WHEN THEY'LL PUT HiS RELEASE DATE UP,AND CAN i SEND HiM MONEY WHiLE iN THERE,N DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE ADDRESS THERE SO i CAN WRiTE HiM,AND ALSO iS THERE ANYWAY i CAN SEE WHERE THERE GOiNG TO MOVE HiM OR iF HE WiLL BE PUT iN A YOUTHFUL OFFENDER PRiSON ?????THANKS EVERYBODY !!PLEASE HELP!!.....

ben's girl
02-18-2010, 10:07 PM
If he's just gone to CFRC for classification then he could be there anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Reception is running very slow right now. You can send him money while he's there. You can send it through Jpay, www.jpay.com (http://www.jpay.com), Western Union, I think this requires some kind of code, or by getting deposit slips from the DOC Trust Fund. JPay and Western Union will charge you a fee to send the money but it the money is there much quicker than mailing it. JPay money is there the next day as long as it's rec'd by 8:00 PM EST and I think WU might be the same day if it's sent before a certain time but I'm not for sure about that as I've never used WU. If you mail it, it will only cost you the cost of an envelope and a stamp and the .50 DOC processing fee. Some people have had problems with mailing it but Ben always has his money from me within 2 days of when I mail it. The only problem we've had is when they posted it to another inmate's account. You might want to JPay the money the first time to give you enough time to get the deposit slips if mailing it is the route you want to go. 866-209-7250 is the number to the DOC Trust Fund. Just follow the prompts to request some slips.

His release date will show up once he has completed the classification process. They will not release where he will be transferring to for security purposes. You can sign up for Vinelink so that you will be notified when he moved. www.vinelink.com (http://www.vinelink.com) The site states it's a victim notification service but anyone can sign up. There have been a couple of times that I didn't get a call but it's mostly worked for us.

As far as whether he will be sent to a YO camp, another posted stated in your other thread that since this is his 2nd time in he will be sent to an adult facility. I hope this is true for his sake. I've heard nothing good about the YO camps because of all the fighting that goes on.

Let us know if you have any other questions. ;)

Niki
02-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Ben'sGirl pretty much answered all your questions except the address for CFRC- Main is 7000 H C Kelley Road, Orlando, Fl. 32831-2158.You will need to address it using his full committed name and his DC number on the 1st line of the address. You can check on the DOC website http://www.dc.state.fl.us for that information.
You can send him 10 sheets of blank paper (white or off-white), up to 10 envelopes and up to 20 stamps to get him started writing back to you. That way he can use any money you send for other commissary items.

One other thing you might want to start working on is getting a landline phone if you don't already have one. Fla DOC doesn't allow cellphone calls. The sooner he gets his phone list in, the sooner you will be able to talk to him.

I know its tough right now but you'll feel better once you get some communication going back and forth. And Ben's Girl is right, the adult facilities are much calmer than the YO camps overall. I was so relieved when they sent my son to an adult camp.

TOMMY&KiRA12/07
02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
THANK YOU GUYS ALL THAT REALLY HELPED....BUT ABOUT THE PHONE I ONLY HAVE A CELL PHONE SO I KNOW I HAVE 2 GET A LANDLINE BUT I'M FROM LAKELAND FL. AND ALL WE REALLY HAVE IS BRiGHT HOUSE & VERiSON SO DOES iT MATTER WAT COMPANY i USE i REALLY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PHONE THiNG!!???

Niki
02-19-2010, 11:58 AM
THANK YOU GUYS ALL THAT REALLY HELPED....BUT ABOUT THE PHONE I ONLY HAVE A CELL PHONE SO I KNOW I HAVE 2 GET A LANDLINE BUT I'M FROM LAKELAND FL. AND ALL WE REALLY HAVE IS BRiGHT HOUSE & VERiSON SO DOES iT MATTER WAT COMPANY i USE i REALLY DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THE PHONE THiNG!!???

I used Brighthouse because I already had them for cable and internet and they have a pretty good deal for all 3 services together . My phone got approved without any problem. I sent a copy of the work order that the Brighthouse tech brought when he installed my phone that had the new phone # on it as well as a copy of the online brighthouse statement that says I have phone service with them but doesn't list the number. I have heard that some other people have gone to the Brighthouse office and got some sort of statement from them as well that lists the phone no. but I didn't do that. I mailed those statements to my incarcerated son who then gave the documentation to his classification officer. I did that per the recommendation of someone from Tallahassee who said they're less likely to "get lost" if I have my son turn them in rather than just mailing to the CO directly.

joygirl68
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
:( I,m new to all this. My son is in Menard and all I can find out is the fact that he,s out of reception and in Segregation. What does that mean? I,m sorry to jack this thread, but for the life of me I cannot find where I start a new one.:confused:

Niki
02-20-2010, 12:57 AM
:( I,m new to all this. My son is in Menard and all I can find out is the fact that he,s out of reception and in Segregation. What does that mean? I,m sorry to jack this thread, but for the life of me I cannot find where I start a new one.:confused:

You're totally in the wrong forum. You posted in one of the Florida forums. Try reposting in the Illinois forums. From the main forum page scroll down a long way until you come to the US Regional forums and then find Illinois (the states are listed alphabetically). Within the Illinois Forums there is a subforum for Menard.

Anytime you want to start a new thread in a forum look up near the top just under the name of the specific forum and you'll see a link for "New Thread".

You might also want to check the Illinois DOC website for more specific information- http://www.idoc.state.il.us/

His Truely
04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
My BOYFRiEND HAS BEEN iN CFRC- MAiN FOR A FEW DAYS. i HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO TALK TO HiM AND iTS REALLY BOTHERiNG ME. WHAT'S WORSE iS THAT i DONT HAVE A HOUSE PHONE - iTS DiSCONNECTED- ((DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO CONNECT iT AT THE MOMENT)) i REALLY CANT WAiT TO ViSiT HiM, BUT i DONT KNOW HOW LONG THAT'S GOiNG TO TAKE AND i DONT EVEN KNOW iF THEiR GOiNG TO KEEP HiM THERE. HE'S SUPPOSE TO DO A YEAR. HOW CAN i FiND OUT iF HE'S STAYiNG THERE? HOW LONG DOES iT TAKE FOR HiM TO RECiEVE My LETTER? i WiSH THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY THAT HE'LL BE ABLE TO CALL ME. :( :'( iM SO NOT USE TO THiS.

wifeofMichael
04-26-2010, 03:53 PM
Depending on where you are he should get the letters with a day or two. For some reason THEIRS take longer to get out. Make sure you send him envelopes, stamps and paper if you can.

His Truely
04-27-2010, 03:59 PM
THANKS. :) i liVE ABOUT 25 MiNUTES AWAY FROM THE PRiSON. SO MOST LiKELY A DAY RiGHT?

Niki
05-01-2010, 10:49 PM
You should get mail from him within a couple of days of him turning it in to be mailed. All outgoing mail is screened by DOC just like the incoming mail. You won't be able to get phone calls from him until you get your landline reconnected and then he gets your number approved on his call list. He will probably stay at CFRC for anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks while they classify him and then he will be sent to a permanent placement. It could be that he is just moved to CFRC East or West but he could sent anywhere in the state. Region 3 is pretty full from what I have heard. My son was lucky enough to get sent to Tomoka which is in Daytona- not quite an hour from my house but I know of several other guys from around here that are up in the panhandle. They won't tell you where he's going nor will they tell you when. You can sign up on Vinelink to be notified of any transfers or just keep checking on the DOC website. Once he gets to his permanent placement you'll be able to apply for visitation. It usually takes anywhere from a few days to a month to get approved, depending on where he goes and how quickly (or slowly) they choose to do the background check on you. For now all you can do is keep the letters going and hopefully he'll write back to you.