View Full Version : Fill me on on Lakeland C.F.

shell021001
02-13-2004, 02:24 PM
WOO HOO :fb: :fb: :fb:

Brian is closer to home...he kited to come closer to home because of my health problems, and he is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, all the info I can get about Lakeland would be great!!

Thanks everyone.

Michelle

StacysWar030
02-14-2004, 09:31 AM
That is GREAT news. I'm really happy for the 2 of you. It's always nicer when they are closer to home! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

Stacy

Jacks_Tracy
02-16-2004, 08:56 AM
Lakeland is not bad - my ex was there for several years. Visiting is on an every other day basis depending on whether his number is even or odd. My ex's was even and every visit day was packed. We got terminated a few times because of busy visit times, and I had driven from Indianapolis! So just be prepared for that. they are pretty lax about how long you kiss at the beginning and end, as long as you don't blatantly overdo it. If I remember right, you are from the Manchester area, so it isn't a hard drive, but will take about 90 minutes. Good luck and let us know what you think!

Tracy

snowdancer
02-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Dear Michelle,

That is great news! My son used to be 2 hours from me and it was so great I got to visit him once per week. Now though he is 310 miles one way so I get over there once every three months...

Congratulations! I am happy for you!

Hugs,

Jodi

shell021001
02-16-2004, 02:12 PM
woo hoo :fb: :fb: :fb:

Had my first visit yesterday since he came closer to home!!! It was awesome!!! 45 minute drive, and got to spend all day....They were terminating, but they terminated right up to the family before me. I got very lucky!!!

I'm so glad he's closer to home. So much different than Muskegon, but truly an awesome visit!!!

Thanks so much.
Michelle

deb
02-16-2004, 04:01 PM
I can't even imagine having him so close... Congrats!!

Deb

DENIMBLUE
02-16-2004, 04:52 PM
:) Glad he's closer to you!

princessthomas
03-02-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi, My Husband Is Lakeland. He Was Tranferred From The Guidence Center In Jackson..which Was Horrible!!! They Were So Strict. I Once Had 50 Cents Over The 10 Dollar Allowed Amount For Visiting And I Got Terminated!!! And Believe Me , It Wasnt On Purpose, I Was Just Rushing. Lakeland Is Really Laid Back, Im Getting Married Their Tommorow!! The Staff Is Very Friendly..unlike Lots Of Prisons. U Can Kiss And Hug For A While, Just Dont Over Do It, And U Can Hold Each Other Threw Ur Whole Visit. I Drive 3 Hours So I Always Make Sure Im Like At Least The 5th Or 6th Person Signed In So I Dont Get Booted..lol..it Works! Good Luck...glad Hes Closer Home To U:)

LeaAnn
03-02-2004, 07:11 AM
Congratulations on him being moved closer!

Abrose
03-02-2004, 09:49 AM
Congrats on him being closer. Lakeland was the first facility that Brian had gone to and it was very laid back - that was in 2000. The CO's are pretty decent or they were. He was there for a little over a year until they changed over Crane and then he got moved there and was at Crane for a few months. He then got moved to West Shoreline - of course he's home now but I have to tell you that when he went from Lakeland to West Shoreline and then Brooks - I did not like Muskegon at all. I found it very bleak and black - just the aura. Lakeland was a little lighter but there were things about Lakeland that Brian didn't like...guess that can be said for every facility. Just enjoy that he's closer and be mindful that no all the CO's are as laid back as others and also - even for the ones that are laid back - know that they are watched. That happened once with Brian a supervisor had Brian put some contraband on his person and waited to see if the CO would find it. It made Brian very antsy and he whispered to the CO to look for it because he didn't want the guy to get into trouble...so be wary of the ones who are too easy going.