View Full Version : How Long Does it take to transfer an inmate from a county jail to RDC?

4EverMissin
02-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes for an inmate to get transferred to RDC after they have their DOC number? It looks like my husbands was just issued today and they moved him to another cell in the County jail, but I was just wanting to know if there was a specific time frame. :confused:

dmat2121
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Some county have a weekly pick up day while others only a couple a MO

MissingRussy
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Im kind of in the same boat as you. My sweetheart got kicked out of work release and has been sitting in Lake county jail for three months. In January he was told by the magistrate at the jail that he would continue his sentence in prison. He had been waiting since January 15th for them to come and get him which he was told they only come on Thursdays. He calls me every Thursday to let me know if he is still at the county, he didnt call today I think they finally came and got him. So I really cant tell if its a time limit it seems as if they come get them when they feel like it.

4EverMissin
02-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Thanks to you both. I am just wondering how long he is going to be there! It's driving him crazy and he wants to be closer to us, since we had to move back to missouri. I haven't heard of any changes yet, but I really appreciate your responses. GL to you both!

Honey Brat
02-19-2010, 11:20 AM
I've seen that RDC pretty much just picks them up when their ready to. My guy went into county on Dec. 9th, 09 and RDC just picked him up last Thursday 2/11. Another guy he was in the county with was sentenced to DOC in March 09 and RDC didn't pick him up until the week before they came to get my guy. So pretty much there probably is no time frame they go by. When my guy went in, the county told him RDC is so packed that he could probably look at not even going until the last 30 days of his sentence. Obviouslly they were wrong about that so if you ask the jail your guy is at don't count on what they say to much, they tell us anything just to shut us up lol.

4EverMissin
02-19-2010, 11:25 AM
I've seen that RDC pretty much just picks them up when their ready to. My guy went into county on Dec. 9th, 09 and RDC just picked him up last Thursday 2/11. Another guy he was in the county with was sentenced to DOC in March 09 and RDC didn't pick him up until the week before they came to get my guy. So pretty much there probably is no time frame they go by. When my guy went in, the county told him RDC is so packed that he could probably look at not even going until the last 30 days of his sentence. Obviouslly they were wrong about that so if you ask the jail your guy is at don't count on what they say to much, they tell us anything just to shut us up lol.

I agree. My husband is in Wells County, the problem is they are a holding facility and he has other pending charges :(. I'm hoping it will be soon, but I really appreciate your response! I just miss him terribly!

Honey Brat
02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
With other pending charges I doubt they'll be in any kind of hurry to move him to RDC he'll probably stay where he is for awhile until all of the charges are cleared up is my guess, I could be wrong though because I'm just learning about all of this stuff myself. But just from what I've seen here in our county jail and whats happened with the people my guy has been in with, I've seen they bounce them back and forth to the counties where their pending charges are and then ship them to RDC. But like I said... they pretty much do whatever they want which doesn't make it anything easy for those of us on this side waiting and trying to plan our days, it sucks. I know you miss him terribly, I hope he's home to you soon huge {{hugs}} to you.

Cycleman6
02-20-2010, 11:45 PM
my guy has been in county for 4 months. They pick up on Monday's and Fridays, but it is on the DOC time frame when they come and get them. I think they get them based on what level they will be at because it wouldn't make sense to grab a ton of minimum security guys if they didn't have an eventual place for them to go. So who knows...I wish there was a true test to tell us when they will be moved, but 4 months later I still have no real answers!

4EverMissin
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
my guy has been in county for 4 months. They pick up on Monday's and Fridays, but it is on the DOC time frame when they come and get them. I think they get them based on what level they will be at because it wouldn't make sense to grab a ton of minimum security guys if they didn't have an eventual place for them to go. So who knows...I wish there was a true test to tell us when they will be moved, but 4 months later I still have no real answers!

Thank you all! I have talked to the attorney on the pending case and he says they will probably get him then bring him back to wells county for court. I don't know. It's crazy that they don't tell you anything! I hate it.. anyways. I really appreciate it. I'm going to go up North and see him next month. Unfortunately he's on lockdown right now w/ no visitors! Does anyone see a problem taking the kids up there to see him too?? They miss him dearly and he misses them horribly as well!

MissingRussy
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
**UPDATE** They came and got my man. That Thursday I didnt hear from him they came and got him he had been waiting a month and a half. I looked on the DOC website the next day and his info was there saying he is in receiving. I cant wait till this is over with he will be out 5/20/2010 and we wont have to deal with jail, and prison anymore! lol

Cycleman6
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Thank you all! I have talked to the attorney on the pending case and he says they will probably get him then bring him back to wells county for court. I don't know. It's crazy that they don't tell you anything! I hate it.. anyways. I really appreciate it. I'm going to go up North and see him next month. Unfortunately he's on lockdown right now w/ no visitors! Does anyone see a problem taking the kids up there to see him too?? They miss him dearly and he misses them horribly as well!

I personally think it's important for kids to be involved in the process. I can't imagine keeping my kids away from him. I ended up going the first time by myself and scoping out the place and then bringing them with me the next time. we have three so I bring one each week so they each get a bit of one on one time with him and since we travel 2 hours, it makes the driving easier without all of the sibling bickering! Anyway, it was nice to be able to explain it all to the kids before they went. The youngest is 2 so she didn't understand, but the 4 and 6 year old were well prepared for seeing daddy on tv when they went the first time.

4EverMissin
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Thank you so much! We truly miss him and can't wait to see him next month. My son is going crazy not being able to see him! I am too! My daughter is only 2 so she really doesn't understand, but I will definately bring them up there with me. I just hate the long drive!

WCC
03-17-2010, 10:02 PM
Wait time on going to RDC factors on a few things. If the county jail he is at is a holding facility it could be a long time before they go to RDC. I was in Porter County which when it was a holding facility used to keep guys anywhere from 6 months to a year but they lost their contract with the state. I was there for 3 months to the day when they took me to RDC.