View Full Version : missed a call

tooner
02-12-2004, 08:47 PM
hey all! just wanted to ask everyone if they have ever missed a phone call. i did not know he was phoning tonight and i missed his phone call. now i am bummed out cause i have no idea when he is calling again.
Tanya

j2sq
02-12-2004, 08:51 PM
oh yeah!!!!!! all the time! now we have set days! then i do not feel as guilty. :) wait! i am sure he will find some time to call again. it is a BIG bummer when u want to hear his voice-and miss it! i have gotten into the house 2 seconds too late at times! that is the worst.....patiently wait....but looking at the phone will not help! :D go on with life and wait for the surprise! and hey! welcome! :wave:

jeffsprincess
02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
i hate missing a phone call!!!! it drives me nuts! jeff knows my work schedule and sometimes he calls me when he knows im at work. he tells me he does it just so i know that he was thinking about me but it still drives me insane because even though i know he does this i think to myself maybe this time somethings wrong!! i want to kill him for that. so we made a deal. if he ever calls me and im not home he has to keep trying because eventually i will be home and if i see a missed call from him and am not there and he doesnt call back i will go crazy!!!

ButterflyDancer
02-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Unfortunately more than once. He never knows when he will have a chance to call. We just celebrate when we do connect! Do have a reserved night but he doesn't always know if he will make it to the phone at a certain time or at all. Just that way in there for him. Here I have to buck a very "handsome" popular teen for the phone except on no call Wednesdays. Sigh.
~ WJ

goldies_girl
02-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Oh, all the time!!! It's even worse now that I got rid of my cell phone :( We shoot for Sundays though :) He'll call back, don't worry!

mizblack
02-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Yes I missed a couple of his calls before. It's the worst, I know. I was bummed the rest of the day. I actually missed 2 calls on Christmas Day and I felt so bad. But let me tell you cell phones come in handy, I just trasnfer my house phone to my cell phone and the only time I miss a call is if I don't hear my cell phone which is hardly never. Don't worry he'll call back.

kite's kitten
02-12-2004, 09:40 PM
God how I know the feeling of missing that much needed and wanted phone call. My man normally calls on set days and times so when I see or hear the message that lets me know he tried to call me...I worry and stay in the worst mood until I hear his voice again. Normally all my worries are for nothing and he just wanted to hear my voice on the answering machine. I hope he calls you back soon, and don't worry because he will.

JWSPMS
02-12-2004, 09:42 PM
James just continues to call until he gets me he has even filled up my answering machine cause he just lets that message play in case I'm home and just not picking up fast enough!! He will try right up until the time the cut the phones off. So we've only missed maybe just acouple in the year he's been in prison. It was alot easier when he was in county cause their phones were on all day well from 9am until 11pm. where he's at now they come on at 4pm until 10:45 pm all day on weekends. Spikeswife

Jade01
02-12-2004, 10:37 PM
I definitely know the feeling. Hunter called me at 10:15, and I walked in the door at 10:16, and now I'm sure he can't call back tonight and it just makes me so mad! :pissed:

CAJUNMAMA
02-12-2004, 11:30 PM
yes i missed a call 4 months ago i wrote my ex.& he called me, i missed it and he never called back...i cried for about 2 hours & was a b***h everyday for about a week.

imissrondale
02-12-2004, 11:32 PM
yep i have missed calls it makes me sad for the rest of the day!tonight i almost nissed one i did not get home till 7:52 when i got out my car and no more then 3 minutes after i got in the house he called horrible conversation though but that is another thread

anthonyismine
02-12-2004, 11:49 PM
I hate missing phone calls from anthony also. I get fustrated. But now he knows to call me during certain times especially during my free night and weekend min. and he can also call my house phone. But I know how you feel girl :) .

kreepsgirl
02-13-2004, 11:20 AM
All the time! I used to stay at home waiting for a phone call, and the minute I would leave he would call. That would drive me crazy!

Rene
02-13-2004, 11:44 AM
I use to miss calls from him all the time, but then.. we got more use to each others daily schedule and he knows when is a good time to call me now - but missed calls do happen every now and then, and that SUCKS! lol I felt really good this morning :) :) :) because... he was the last person I spoke with last night before I went to sleep, and he was the first person I spoke with when I was waking up this morning. I LOVE it when he does that. :)

Travs_girl
02-13-2004, 12:06 PM
I hate missing calls!!! Now, I just forward my phone to my cell phone so Travis can have a direct line to his girl. We rarely miss a phone call now. He only gets to yard at certain times, and I've got the schedule down, so I know when to expect him.

Don't worry... he'll call back!!!

trescheek
02-13-2004, 12:37 PM
I hate it when that happens! Sometimes if I remember I will forward to my cell but I've gotten so in the habit of talking to him in the comfort of my bed ... he says I never sound like myself when I do remember to forward the call ... we still don't have set days tho'.

Don's Kitten
02-14-2004, 07:25 AM
I missed a couple in the beginning and it ruined my whole day!!! But now we've got a schedule set up and unless something out of the oridinary is up, I pretty much know when to expect a call. Plus with my 8 pm "curfew", he knows he can always reach me after 8 pm. :ha:

sarah82
02-14-2004, 10:28 AM
I just missed two calls from Cory this week...and it was a really crucial time for us...neither one of us knew what the other was thinking or what frame of mind the other was in...we REALLY needed to talk. The first time I was babysitting my niece and the second time I found out my mom had the phone blocked. I WAS SOOOO MAD because it was really important. But we got it all straightened out. Can't wait to see him tommorow so I can explain everything and hope he's not mad because we have some issues right now. Good luck with your calls! Sarah

thatwiz
02-15-2004, 07:49 AM
call forwarding-and you'll never miss a call, if its that important. I always forward my calls to my cell phone and I speak to him at least once a day, because I don't want to miss one call.

Don's Kitten
02-15-2004, 09:57 AM
where My Baby is now, call forwarding won't go through. after I went to the time and expense to get it!! :(

thatwiz
02-16-2004, 01:29 PM
Thats odd, because call forwarding on your phone should forward any and every call to the number you designate. I get even the damn sales calls forwarding. My man calls collect thru MCI and those calls forward.

cuteliz19
02-16-2004, 05:08 PM
i will all of ya a subjestion i never miss a call i tell u how. the first thing u need to have is a cell phone if u have that u are good. i have the house phone on call foward everytime i step out of my house this way i never miss his call cause it ring to my cell phone. if u want to know how can u get this service just pm me its very cheap at lease in my state is not that much. hope i was usefull to ya take care bye

LoUiE'sLaDy
02-16-2004, 05:11 PM
That sux! But it really sux when you can't receive collect calls

Don's Kitten
02-16-2004, 05:52 PM
Yeah, the 3 way worked in the county, worked at the first place they sent him, but not where he is now. On the recording at the beginning of the call there's a message about 3-way calling, call forwarding, call waiting, etc will trigger a disconnect. Maybe it varies from facility to facility? I dunno. Wish it did work! :)