View Full Version : Just found out he got Ad Seg

hisballaqueen31
02-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Well I just got a phone call from Gary and it went through and got approved for him to be Ad Seg. I know its an 18 month program and that he is going to have to do gang classes and then someone told him thay if he does everything he needs to then he could be out in 9 months. Does anyone know really anything about being in Ad Seg? This is my first experience with him being in Ad Seg so I'm not sure all what's going to happen. I know phone time will be limited, and there will be non-contact visits and I am almost positive that he now only earns day by day and no good time...anyways enough of my rambling, any help or advice would be great! Thanks ladies!

irshnrse
02-11-2010, 08:26 PM
So he is going to CSP or CCF?

hisballaqueen31
02-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Its either, CSP, Sterling or Limon I think

seansbabyluv
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
As far as I know administrative segregation classification is only CSP or CCF. But who knows what DOC is up to these days. Ari Zavaras claimed in a newspaper article yesterday that up to 1,000 offenders are not classified correctly and should be classified Ad Seg. Hmmm...any wonder that CSP II has approximately 1,000 cells? Or is that just a big coincidence?

What he didn't bother telling the reporter about DOC's "flawed" classification system is all the offenders who should be classed lower than they are so they can transition out. Nice way to put a spin on a story meant to sway taxpayers to spend 20.5 million to staff CSP II.

Even though they are supposedly overhauling the classification system, I am sure they aren't going to do it for the BENEFIT of any offenders only the detriment.

hisballaqueen31
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
So what happens with him being able to apply at the halfway house in June? Will he still be able to? And since we aren't immidiate family will that mean I can't visit him? I heard somewhere that some places won't let anyone visit but immidiate family...ug this is more stress that we don't need!

Nanci9
02-12-2010, 07:47 PM
As the wife of a 3 time CSP guest, I can tell you what I know. First, he will be sending home several of his belongings. He will be able to keep his TV and even get to use it once he has achieved his level. He will need to take several classes, all while in his cell in order to move up levels to get the optimum privileges, which include 4 20 minute calls a month. They get slammed a lot when people act up, and deal with pretty much the same masa as any facility. As for visiting, if you are already approved there is no reason why they would not let you in. As you know it is all behind glass. If he got a write-up with sanctions over and beyond the AD-Seg he may have lost visiting, he'll let you know. His community for now has been terminated and probably will be for a year, by then there is always the chance he will have been moved to the pro unit and be able to go.

hisballaqueen31
02-12-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow!I am so speechless right now...its absolutely insane that we went to talking every night on the phone and visiting all the time to doing visits behind glass and now if I'm lucky 4 calls a month. What type of classes will he need to take and stuff? I want him to take everything and anything possible! What type of belongings will he have to send home? I just wish I knew what was going to happen...I ask him and he never ever knows anything that's going on so none of my questions get answered. What are the types of levels? Like what's pro unit and stuff?

seansbabyluv
02-12-2010, 09:30 PM
He only knows what his case manager is willing to tell him. It's a royal pain in the ass. I haven't had a phone in almost two weeks and we managed to get a non-contact visit yesterday and another scheduled for next Thursday. Mine's in Ad Seg for PROTECTION, not causing problems and they are doing the same thing to him as anyone who has gotten a write up. The only difference is he's still at Buena Vista waiting for a lateral status. His case manager told him he could have his TV 14 days AFTER he goes on lateral status, as of yesterday it still had not been done. What is the point of doing the "right" thing if you still end up being punished???

As far as classes, he'll have to take whatever they tell him to take, but he's going to have to wait his turn for a space to open up. Yep it sucks doing DOC time.

irshnrse
02-12-2010, 10:40 PM
My husband was at CSP for almost 2 years and has NEVER (to this day) had a write up and got treated the same as everyone there for punitive reasons and we never got much sympathy from anyone there or here. :) He will be at CSP typically for about 18 months and then move to CCF (if he does not screw up). When he gets to CCF he will eventually get 6 calls a month. My husband was at CCF for around 6 months or so before he started the PRO Unit stuff. They have to do that to be able to move out of Ad/Seg unless they max out and go home, or get sent to Sterling or Limon Seg, which does happen. The PRO stands for Progressive Reintegration Opportunity Unit. It is pretty strict and they earn more privileges the more they stay cool. If they screw up or flip out, it is either back to the other part of CCF or back to CSP to start all over. Once you get in the PRO Unit, it is about 7 months until you graduate and get into general population. It will have to be cleared by the STG guy in your man's case though.
If your man goes to CSP, you will have quite awhile before you have to worry about the PRO Unit.
I think we started out at CSP with one call a month and then maybe 2 or 3 calls a month and that went by pretty quick (seemed like) and then for the last year and a half or so we had the 4 calls a month.

seansbabyluv
02-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Sean went into Ad Seg voluntarily to wait for a lateral transfer. As I said, he's there for protection not punishment. I called Offender Services yesterday to find out how much longer it would be before they put him on lateral status and she is going to work OT this weekend because she's behind on getting them done. We really do believe that DOC is doing NOTHING about assaults on inmates or gang problems so they can justify opening CSP II. I can guarantee you that every gang member they find will end up there. All I can say is the blood is one their hands.

At least he's figuring out that the prison BS is just not worth the write-ups or extra time in there...he is done fighting he just wants peace and quiet for the rest of his life. He is making much better choices these days. The Visiting Lt. did me a favor by allowing me to visit yesterday without putting in a written request which I am very grateful for.

hisballaqueen31
02-13-2010, 10:56 AM
So if I am understand you guys right then he will be at CSP for a year and half and then move to CCF and be there for at least 7 months? Because his MRD is 31513 and his chances of paroling this time (12/2010) aren't that good either? I always tell him that he needs to pretty much pull his head out of his ass and just realize that he has so many ppl waiting for him on the outside and that its not all about him and his "homies" anymore...personally I think he just doesn't get it but maybe him being there will make him realize everything he is losing out on. Its his little boys 2nd birthday this wknd and he says he wishes he could be there but I feel NO emotion from him when he says it. I am just so so frustrated with him and I am trying to be patient and understanding but I am the type of woman who does whatever it takes and I don't procrastinate...like he has been at bent for one year and he got one certificate, my girls bf has 5 and he is all about doing what needs to be done to get home to her and he even has a longer sentence. It seems like DOC doesn't really give a shit about helping the guys try and rehabilitate so that when they do get out they have a better chance at not coming back, for example denying them classes...why would you deny anyone classes?! Maybe I just don't understand because I am new to this whole thing...sorry I needed to vent!

hisballaqueen31
02-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Another quick question would he be able to move out of state if he is on parole? Like would the DOC approve it or does he have to wait until he is off parole completely?

seansbabyluv
02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
They don't necessarily deny them classes, they just don't have enough of them for everyone, so there's a waiting list. He won't get parole either, but it's not because of where he is it's because the parole board refuses to release people the first time 75% of the time. Very few people ever make parole the first time. He's lost out on community and parole for this year. He needs to do everything he's supposed to do now so that he can be considered for it next year. That is his best bet.

hisballaqueen31
02-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Well he already saw parole 12/09 and they denied him which I knew would happen, I mean like u said they deny everyone almost the first time...but even though this will be his second time up this December and he will have served more then 50% of his time by the time he sees them again, but I still have a feeling (even though its 10 months away) he won't get it this time either. I'm going to make sure he does everything and anything he can, and offer to him whether he likes it or not :)

irshnrse
02-13-2010, 06:57 PM
What classes are they denying him?

The way the PRO Unit is there are alot of people waiting to get in that have spent all that time at CSP, and then even more time at CCF waiting for the current class to graduate. All that time without any big write-ups. It is the way the program works typically. CSP, CCF, then the PRO Unit at CCF, then gen pop...if they approve and you graduate.
Now when my husband went to CSP they said most ended up spending 18-24 months there before CSP, but we got there in 18 months. He does not get a choice what he takes there, I don't think. He does what they tell him to do and it is the same way at CCF.

seansbabyluv
02-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Well the Parole Board's feeling is going to be he's not learning anything. His points went up a lot, now he's Ad-Segged and still hanging out with the wrong people. They have to trust him to not do that when he gets out. As far as Interstate Compact, there are no hard and fast rules about it, but you will have to move out of state and establish yourself wherever you are moving to FIRST before they will allow him to leave. It's a no win situation, you have to move out of state which takes away your support while he's in prison (unless you can afford to fly back and forth every month), or you let him parole and still move and leave him behind...the system is really set up for failure which is exactly the way DOC likes it.

hisballaqueen31
02-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Yea its definately set up for failure. I know I am full of questions, but my guy sent me flowers and I wanted to dry them out when it comes time and I had a cute idea of sending him a card with a flower petel in it and then writing I <3 you on the petel...would that be allowed or probably not? I'm thinking not but I thought I would ask.

irshnrse
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
No, they would not allow that.

snowblind
02-14-2010, 10:42 PM
My guy is at CSP now. He will be there a year in March. He did not get to make any phone calls until he was there 30 days. After that it was and is four phone calls a month and they are 15 minutes - not 20 minutes. He gets out of his cell one hour a day when he goes into this room where he can walk around and do exercises and there is a pull-up bar. The "classes" are really essay questions - why did you did it? when was the first you witnessed a crime being committed? who do you count on most? .... Questions one might hear a psychatrist ask - he sent me the essays so that's how I know. I don't understand how they say that the classes are full up or why they have to wait - maybe it's because the teacher's can only read so much. Anyway, now he's onto the second set of classes - more of the same but more intense. He has his t.v. I bought him a new one for $300!!! Crazy. He says they have a good library there so he reads anything and everything. Hope that this helps answer some of your concerns....

hisballaqueen31
02-15-2010, 07:35 AM
That's answers a lot of my questions, I am just trying to prepare myself for the next year and half, but I know I won't really be able to prepare myself 100% until he gets there and everything. Thank ladies for all the help! Now I just have to wait until he leaves Bent County and goes to CSP...which could take months!

seansbabyluv
02-15-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah it depends on how long it takes Offender Services to put him into transfer status. Normally he will serve the punitive part of his segregation at Bent County and when he completes that, he will be transferred. Do you know how much time he got on his writeup? If you don't, you can call Offender Services and ask them, they will know.

seansbabyluv
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
My guy is at CSP now. He will be there a year in March. He did not get to make any phone calls until he was there 30 days. After that it was and is four phone calls a month and they are 15 minutes - not 20 minutes. He gets out of his cell one hour a day when he goes into this room where he can walk around and do exercises and there is a pull-up bar. The "classes" are really essay questions - why did you did it? when was the first you witnessed a crime being committed? who do you count on most? .... Questions one might hear a psychatrist ask - he sent me the essays so that's how I know. I don't understand how they say that the classes are full up or why they have to wait - maybe it's because the teacher's can only read so much. Anyway, now he's onto the second set of classes - more of the same but more intense. He has his t.v. I bought him a new one for $300!!! Crazy. He says they have a good library there so he reads anything and everything. Hope that this helps answer some of your concerns....

You do know that $300 was for the new flat-screen TVs and that he could have gotten the regular 13" color TV for much less? Just thought I'd put that out there. I can post a link to all of the canteen stuff DOC sells if you want to be able to track what he is spending. Just a thought. Inmate Banking will no longer give that information out (confidential) without his written permission either. Me, if I'm sending a lot of money for stuff, I'd better be seeing the receipts he gets when he receives his order.

seansbabyluv
02-15-2010, 09:58 AM
Here's the link to the DOC canteen - you can go through the prices for everything they can order. Some offenders are limited on what they can purchase depending on their classification. For instance, since my hubby is in punitive Ad Seg, he can't buy coffee or much of anything else either until he's put into lateral transfer status.

http://www.doccanteen.com/

irshnrse
02-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Also, no coffee at CSP or CCF unless that has recently changed.

hisballaqueen31
02-15-2010, 12:05 PM
Yeah it depends on how long it takes Offender Services to put him into transfer status. Normally he will serve the punitive part of his segregation at Bent County and when he completes that, he will be transferred. Do you know how much time he got on his writeup? If you don't, you can call Offender Services and ask them, they will know.

He got 30 days for his write up and that was 2 months ago so his punative stuff is over with. If he keeps staying at Bent this doesn't count as part of the 18 months does it? They keep telling them that there are just not any open beds at CSP so that's why he hasn't left yet.

irshnrse
02-15-2010, 05:21 PM
Keep in mind that the 18 months is not set in stone. It is around 18-24 months. I would think his CSP time will start when he gets there.

hisballaqueen31
02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow in 2 yrs his sentence will almost be up! I just hope that time goes by super quick, this last year did for me so hopefully it continues!

irshnrse
02-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Hope so, too!

Thomas Paine II
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Please allow me to explain the way this process works. If an inmate is placed on AdSeg status, it is because someone wants him there. The inmate may have been a disciplinary problem, or may not have been. The way to COPD (Code of Penal Discipline) reads, if an inmate is found guilty of enough class 3 write ups (the lowest possible write up, including such terrible crimes as not making your bed), the inmate will automatically receive a class 2 write up, which is more serious. And enough of those, then the inmate can be Ad-Segged. These offenses can include not sitting at the proper table in the chow hall, no walking fast enough, walking too fast, looking at a staff member in a manner which the staff member feels threatened, etc.

It really doesn't take much to get Ad-Segged. Once on Ad-Seg status, the inmate will generally be moved to either a level 4 facility (probably Limon or Sterling) or a level 5 such as CSP. While on Ad-Seg status, the inmate will be locked in his cell 23 hours per day. He may be allowed a TV or radio - if the staff feel the inmate deserves it. It can be taken away for any infraction whether real or imagined, purposeful or accidental. While on Ad-Seg status, the inmate can, through his case manager, apply for the PRO Unit. Several things are taken into account for acceptance into the PRO Unit, such as past disciplinary actions, current infractions, attitude, cleanliness, etc. If and when the inmate is accepted into the PRO Unit, the inmate will complete and pass several classes, to the satisfaction of both the class "teachers" and the inmate's case manager. Upon completion of the PRO Unit, the inmate will be recommended for reclassification (based on the point system), and the recommendation will be reviewed by the case manager, the head case manager, and the warden or assistant warden. If the inmate has successfully completed all required classes, and hasn't made any enemies with any staff members, and if all the parties involved are in a good mood, then the inmate may be transferred to another facility, usually Sterling or Limon where they will be in general population until such a time as they are either released, paroled, or sent to a lower security facility. At any time, the inmate is subject to being placed back on Ad-Seg status. Now, of course there are exceptions to every rule, but this is the way things are done generally speaking.

irshnrse
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Or they can be placed there because DOC says and without any write ups. :)

seansbabyluv
02-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Administrative classification is totally different than punitive segregation...and as we all know an offender can be classified that way at DRDC without any write ups. That's just according to DOC's A/R's.

irshnrse
02-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Considering my husband and I lived it, I know it. :) As always, thanks for your support. Just figured the general public that comes on here and reads needs to know that does happen when someone does not dibble and dabble in write ups.

seansbabyluv
02-25-2010, 03:53 PM
These days it's not hard to get a write up...they write people up for everything they can think of. I'm sure it has something to do with the early releases since the criteria says that no one will be released early if they have ANY COPD write ups. It's just another way to keep the beds filled.

irshnrse
02-25-2010, 11:49 PM
Hmmm, interesting. My Husband still has not received one. Knock on wood, I guess.

seansbabyluv
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Awww he's special...and not eligible for the early release anyway...:)

irshnrse
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
I would not tell my business on here unless you want your business shared as well. :)

seansbabyluv
02-26-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry...It's common knowledge on here from all of your postings, not mine.

irshnrse
02-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Listen, PTO is about support and I posted on this thread with actual knowledge of CSP and CCF, because no one was able to do that for me when my husband went there. So please try to keep in mind this is not about you. I was giving facts based on actual experience to someone in need. Try to play nice.

seansbabyluv
02-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Listen, PTO is about support and I posted on this thread with actual knowledge of CSP and CCF.No need to tell me what PTO is all about since I spend a great deal of my time voluntarily researching questions and finding help for people who need it.

because no one was able to do that for me when my husband went there.I'm sure if there had been someone with that experience they would have helped you...but you are still pretty much the only who posts in Colorado with someone in that situation...sorry we couldn't be more help.

So please try to keep in mind this is not about you. I never said it was all about me. I help everyone on here. That's what they come here for.

I was giving facts based on actual experience to someone in need.Each person has their own individual situation and experience. Your information I'm sure was very helpful.

Try to play nice.I think I will just leave that to everyone else to form their own opinion. :troll:

irshnrse
02-26-2010, 11:36 PM
Like I said, PTO is a support site. Hurling insults at me is not support. We are allowed to post anywhere on this site. If you don't want to see me, I encourage you to utilize the "ignore" button. I know I will.
Oh and you might want to look up what a troll actually is.

Oceanmoon
02-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Just my 2 cents. I am so thankful that seansbabyluv is here and I know there are others too. I know that she has helped me so much. There is not one thing that I asked that she did not know the answer or at least know where to find the answer. I have said this before THANK YOU for all of your help and I still think you are an Angel to PTO.

seansbabyluv
02-26-2010, 11:43 PM
Oh thanks for reminding me about that button...I had forgotten about it...although if you were actually utilizing it you wouldn't be posting back. As for troll...I'm entitled to my opinion thanks.

hisballaqueen31
02-27-2010, 02:27 PM
I may be new to this site but I am extremely grateful for seansbabyluv...she has helped me a lot, and so have other but without the help from her I would be lost and a mess! So thank you for all the help and support from you and all the other ladies! I agree with Oceanmoon, your and angel to PTO :)

Nanci9
02-27-2010, 06:38 PM
I have to throw in my 13 cents for all they're worth. Having come back to this site after doing my own 6 years, having a husband in the system, in CSP, with a long sentence this is how I feel. One person does not need to feel so totally in control of this Colorado forum, we all have a common thread and that is that whether or not you are behind that wire we are all doing time. The wives, mothers, girlfriends, bff's whatever. I get very tired of this being a place where someone rants about the system as if they have a clear insight yet they have (like each one of us) limited experience. Cy has been in the system for over 15 years, that with my time still makes me no expert. Irshnrse is so right when she let's another know what has been her experience. There is no reason whatsoever to make her feel that her comments are unwelcome or to pompously go pouncing into her words as if it was a litter box. It is not always about who you know or what meetings you attend. Diversity, and experience can sometimes trump over what info is found from "researching". I for one am proud to say that I have no expertise in the system. My familia and I wade through the masa daily, united for each and every one of ours that has that stigma of a name and a number.

seansbabyluv
02-27-2010, 09:45 PM
I feel no need to explain my comment other than I don't appreciate being threatened. It's not about attending meetings (which is useless) or anything else. Some of us are actually working changing laws and legislation in order to get rid of the idiocy of the CDOC. And please if this isn't a place to rant when people are frustrated then maybe you're in the wrong place.

Offenders are not just a name and number, they are $$. That's all they are to CDOC. That's the clearest insight anyone can have. The system (both inside and out) is completely set up to fail offenders because again it's all about the money.

No one pounced on her words, this thread was already up to 3 pages when she posted. No one said she was unwelcome. She chose to be insulted over a comment when no insult was intended. That is her choice and her problem. If you have information and support to give then please do it.

I think you'd be surprised at the lengths I have gone to help people on this board, up to and including showing up at court hearings and getting copies of court file for people who live out of state. They needed help and I offered mine.

Most of us have not had your experience behind the walls and your insight is appreciated.

24jf
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
I know I'm late here but I just need to throw in my two cents... I'm another one who is eternally grateful for all that seansbabyluv has done for me and my loved one. She traveled out of her way on her days off of work for me.. not once but a couple times to get copies of my loved ones court papers... She reviewed them.. she spent hours with me on the phone trying to explain everything and what our options are. She did all of this out of the goodness of her heart for us adn never asked for anything in return. She is someone who will ALWAYS hold a very special place in our hearts and she is someone that more people in the world today should model themselves after. If there were more seanbabyluvs in this world there would not be the injustices in the world that there are today! She is not just one to sit on her butt and complain but she is out there trying to make a difference, not only for her and her hubby, but for ALL of us!!

Girlie.. you've heard this before but you can never hear it enough... YOU are an angel, I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know you and I love you :grouphug: Don't ever change who you are!!!

seansbabyluv
03-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Awww Joy I love you guys too. You know you are always in my thoughts and my heart! I would do anything for people on here because someday it just has to make a difference!

Oceanmoon
03-03-2010, 07:44 AM
I know I'm late here but I just need to throw in my two cents... I'm another one who is eternally grateful for all that seansbabyluv has done for me and my loved one. She traveled out of her way on her days off of work for me.. not once but a couple times to get copies of my loved ones court papers... She reviewed them.. she spent hours with me on the phone trying to explain everything and what our options are. She did all of this out of the goodness of her heart for us adn never asked for anything in return. She is someone who will ALWAYS hold a very special place in our hearts and she is someone that more people in the world today should model themselves after. If there were more seanbabyluvs in this world there would not be the injustices in the world that there are today! She is not just one to sit on her butt and complain but she is out there trying to make a difference, not only for her and her hubby, but for ALL of us!!

Girlie.. you've heard this before but you can never hear it enough... YOU are an angel, I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to get to know you and I love you :grouphug: Don't ever change who you are!!!

WELL SAID:thumbsup:

hisballaqueen31
04-01-2010, 12:47 PM
I just thought I would do a quick update on Gary, he got moved to CSP March 18th and sent 90% of his stuff home, the rest he had to throw away and re-buy (ug) to CSP's standards...they are all so money hungry! Anywho, he was at level 1 and then march 25th he moved to level 2 and now gets 2 calls a month and 2; 2 hour visits and month and will be on level 2 for 90 days and then hopefully he gets level 3 status. He starts his "classes" in may so for right now he is just hanging out I guess. He said they are super serious there and has heard that they are really quick to gas you (ug)! But he is good...my girls boyfriend wasn't so lucky, he I guess got in trouble for putting a blanket or something on his lamp to try and sleep and they told him he wasn't going to get his level 2 when everyone else did...bummer! Hopefully ill hear from Gary soon and hear how he is doing! But I just thought I'd give a lil update! Ill post again soon! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Gilangel71
04-01-2010, 01:21 PM
My husband is also waiting to go to CSP(Ad Seg) and told me he was sending his appliances home...does he have to pay for that himself ??Thanks for all the info and updates it is going to be quite helpful when my husband gets there...By the way how long after they told you he was going to CSP did he actually go?? We've been waiting for like 3 weeks now....

hisballaqueen31
04-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Well we never knew for sure that he was going to CSP, they just told him he would be Ad Seg and then we figured he would go to CSPII when/if it was opened in July. So really he could be waiting for awhile or they could tell him tomorrow to pack his stuff and move him. I found out he was moved by the inmate locater online...as far as sending the stuff home I don't know, he sent it to his moms and I haven't been over there to go through everything.

snowblind
04-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Yes, they have to pay for the stuff themselves to be sent "home". My guy had no money at the time and had to "donate" all of his things. He had to wait four months before he moved from segregation at the prison he was in to CSP. It depends on how fast bed space opens up....

Colorado friend
04-01-2010, 05:24 PM
I am late with this im sorry........

but i agree with 24jf!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cindy has been phenomenal!!! and I am very thankful for her.

I haven't posted in awhile because all i do is bitch about how long this is taking(HWH). but i wanted to be sure to agree with 24jf!!

seansbabyluv
04-01-2010, 11:44 PM
My husband is also waiting to go to CSP(Ad Seg) and told me he was sending his appliances home...does he have to pay for that himself ??Thanks for all the info and updates it is going to be quite helpful when my husband gets there...By the way how long after they told you he was going to CSP did he actually go?? We've been waiting for like 3 weeks now....

I don't know if Buena Vista will ship his things home or if they'll wait til he's moved to CSP. Territorial shipped some of Sean's stuff home (over the limit on books and stuff) and they sent it Fedex. He had to pay for it through Inmate Banking.

As far as the transfer time, it could take months. The longest person they had at BV waiting for Ad Seg was 6 months. Hopefully it will be a lot faster than that. It took Sean over a month to transfer to Territorial and that was a lateral move.

chubby
04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Can anyone explaine why the hurry in moving if your "wrongly convicted" receives ADSeg? Arent all the cages pretty much the same? What possible benefit is CSP over say AVCF if you are designated ADSEG especially if your MRD is less than two years?

seansbabyluv
04-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Can anyone explaine why the hurry in moving if your "wrongly convicted" receives ADSeg? Arent all the cages pretty much the same? What possible benefit is CSP over say AVCF if you are designated ADSEG especially if your MRD is less than two years?

The difference is AdSeg outside of CSP is normally Punitive Segregation. That means no tv, no personal property, no phone calls (only 1 every 30 days) and one hour non-contact visits, and loss of earned time. Outside of CSP it is punishment. Inside of CSP it is a classification level. They can have certain personal property, more phone calls, etc. My hubby wasn't in AdSeg for punishment, he was in there for protection and he was treated the same exact way as people who were in for write ups. People want to get out of there and move on especially if there is a transfer being done. The sooner they get moved, the sooner they can get back to work and start whatever classes they need to be in.

saoirse1
04-03-2010, 09:19 PM
Does he lose his earned time while in Ad Seg for PC? That is not fair.

seansbabyluv
04-03-2010, 10:29 PM
No Sean didn't lose any time because it wasn't for a write up. Everything else was the same though, one call every 30 days, no personal property, 24 hour lockdown, non contact visit. Ad Seg classification though...they do not get earned time if they re-classifed Ad Seg. Most of the time the minimum reclass is 6 months...so that sucks for people who are at CSP and CSP II.

saoirse1
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I am happy to hear he didn't lose any time. It sucks that if someone needs help - protection that they are punished in any way. I hate how unfair this is.

Gilangel71
06-03-2010, 12:06 AM
Well my husband finally got moved to CSP on the 28th of May....I am so looking forward to the two phone calls and Visits !! He has been in Buena Vista for the past 6 months and I was only able to visit him one time...now he is closer to home...hopefully the time there passes quickly !!

seansbabyluv
06-03-2010, 08:36 AM
Wow girlie that was a long wait for him! We'll have to see if we can meet up when I go visit Sean at Territorial.

Gilangel71
06-03-2010, 10:52 AM
Tell me about it ..ha ha ..Yea that would be cool...

jeannie1
10-05-2010, 03:52 PM
I am new to forum and actually live in California with son in Colorado, just transferred to the new facility opened in Sept. CSP II which is now Centennial CCF....read so many articles on this new prison and hard to figure out what its name is/was...this is what I came up with after hrs. online.
My son was transferred from Sterling to CCF about a week ago. So just learning what is new here compared to Sterling. He was in AdSeg for about 7-8 yrs in Sterling and did not want to go into population there for certain reasons so they are now putting him in CCF. I am having a hard time getting through to visiting or even their reg. phone #...son says they are all new employees/guards etc. and are running around like chickens with their heads off....so I guess visiting is from tv kiosk which I don't think I will like. He is level 2 for now. I have to travel from Calif for tv visit...not too great...anybody else in this category.?

snowblind
10-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, my guy is in CCF. He was transferred there a couple weeks ago from CSP. I have called the prison a couple times and have no problem talking to anyone though the phone does ring about ten times before I get an answer. Yes, the visits are on a tv screen. I have applied for a visit so we will see what happens however my circumstances are unique. My guy tells me that the staff are "johnnie on the spot". He thinks they are trying to make a good impression. He tells me the food is better than at CSP. My guy is level 4.

Any other questions or concerns let me know and I'll try and answer them. The only good thing about CCF seems to be that the inmates can make phone calls whenever they want to whereas at CSP it was very restricted.

fstacy3074
10-10-2010, 10:59 AM
not in that situation. but that facility is on the same grounds my mans prison is on. there are six or so on the property. its huge. in canon city. let me know if you still need the phone number.

hisballaqueen31
12-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Well it has been almost 6 months since I last posted on here. Anyway, Gary got moved to CCF about a month ago and I have no idea what is going on. Does his move from CSP to CCF mean he is making progress? If so, then why did his visits go from behind glass to now over a TV monitor?! He went up for parole for the 2nd time on Nov 29th and was denied again :( it came as a shock seeing as how his whole sentence is up in 2013! Back to my questions, so if he was moved there what is the next step? He hasn't been in trouble since going into ADSEG and there are no write-ups so idk I guess I am just confused. Any help?! Thanks!

seansbabyluv
12-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Did he move to CSP II? That's not progress. They renamed CSP II to Centennial because it's the same complex. So if he's in the new prison then no he's not making any progress. Sean was denied his 1st parole in August and he'll be out in 01/11 so that doesn't mean anything to them. He's more than halfway through his sentence too with only one minor write up.

All he can do is what he's been doing. See if he can find out when he'll be eligible to go to the PRO unit.

hisballaqueen31
12-02-2010, 01:06 PM
Well ya he was moved to CSPII...for reasons that are completely unknown, I will have him ask about the PRO unit. It just doesn't make sense cause he has been doing good, taking classes, no trouble (not like he can get in much when he is alone) and now they have up a moved like half the ppl at CSP over to CSPII...ug!

seansbabyluv
12-02-2010, 01:56 PM
I truly believe most of the people at CSP II are labeled STG. DOC is determined to keep the gangs from getting worse...only problem is there's only 300 beds at CSP II so they will run out of room pretty quick when they keep changing classifications on people.

Even the escapee is only at CSP...makes you wonder huh?