View Full Version : Update on limon visitation!

seansbabyluv
02-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Due to security measures,visiting and programs have been canceled from Friday, February 5 through Sunday, February 7, 2010.

Feather2009
02-06-2010, 11:15 AM
:eek: :angry:

seansbabyluv
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
:eek: :angry:

I know but better than Valentine's Day!

Feather2009
02-07-2010, 02:18 AM
what type of security measures do you suppose there are? :cool:

seansbabyluv
02-07-2010, 12:57 PM
It just means that the knucklehead inmates are prolly fighting again...:cool:

MrsTanner
02-08-2010, 12:06 AM
I turned up at Limon today for my visit and not allowed in! Then received a message on my phone that l can go in for a special visit as lm from OS. I also found out it was gang related and theres a meeting in the morning to see if they can come off lockup. All cells have been searched etc etc.

Feather2009
02-08-2010, 12:14 AM
They were off lockdown Sunday afternoon.
And someone had a cell phone in unit 4.

seansbabyluv
02-08-2010, 05:05 PM
Ok...wandering minds really want to know...who exactly has a body cavity big enough for a cell phone...EEEWWWW!!!!! :eek:

seansbabyluv
02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Oh course that is just a rumor...and prison is rife with them...DOC generally doesn't like for people to know that the employees sell cell phones to inmates...heh

MrsTanner
02-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I was there today for a few hours, there was a CO attacked this morning and l heard that from the staff whilst l was waiting, so the prison is still locked down. Im hoping for another visit this week, its all up to the warden now, such a long way to come for 2 hours!

seansbabyluv
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Due to security measures, all programs and special visits have been canceled for the week of February 8-12, 2010.

I guess we'll have to hope that there will be visitation this weekend, but it's not looking very good.

MrsTanner
02-10-2010, 11:16 PM
FINALLY, the boys were let out of their cells this evening, YAY hopefully lockdown is over. Amazing to finally hear my hubbys voice and twice .. too cool!!!!!

Thomas Paine II
02-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Oh course that is just a rumor...and prison is rife with them...DOC generally doesn't like for people to know that the employees sell cell phones to inmates...heh

Sorry, not a rumor. The phone was brought in by a staff member for an inmate. A cell phone and other things. What I personally found interesting, is that the staff member was one of the admin lap dogs. One of the "preferred" staff members that admin actually liked. Pretty funny if you ask me.

seansbabyluv
02-25-2010, 01:14 AM
Sorry, not a rumor. The phone was brought in by a staff member for an inmate. A cell phone and other things. What I personally found interesting, is that the staff member was one of the admin lap dogs. One of the "preferred" staff members that admin actually liked. Pretty funny if you ask me.

What I find even more interesting is these people are never charged with bringing in contraband. It makes me sick.

Thomas Paine II
02-26-2010, 12:37 PM
What I find even more interesting is these people are never charged with bringing in contraband. It makes me sick.

Actually, I know of one C/O who was charged. But only one. She was bringing in meth and crack. She was arrested and charged. However, she did have an "ace in the hole" so to speak. The Associate Warden was, um, well, ... "dallying" with her (if you get my meaning). He had told her that if she did not, then she would be fired. After she broke off the "relationship" with the Associate Warden, he began stalking her, including calling her on her home telephone and saying very nasty and threatening things to her. Fortunately for her (and unfortunately for him) she was recording those calls. When she went to court for bringing in the drugs, she let it be known that she had these recordings, and they would be made public if she was sentenced to jail or prison. Since the Associate Warden was married, to a CDOC Regional Director, and his wife's father was a former Colorado State Senator, well, CDOC made a deal with her and she received 6 months in a drug rehab facility, and 6 months probation.

What happened to the Associate Warden, you may be wondering? He was allowed to retire with full benefits. How's that for justice? Kind of blows the whole "crime doesn't pay" idea right out of the water, doesn't it?

MrsTanner
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
My God , lm shocked but not surprised, just gets bigger and bigger!

Nanci9
02-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Well I too have seen numerous staff get there just desserts. Both women and men. Six years at DWCF and the actual average there was in the inmates favor as far as getting outside charges. Many men and women have gone on to become lifetime sex offender listers. Albeit sex being the most prominent reasons, but have seen first hand the drug, alcohol, cell phone, even food and glasses go down also. Thom. I agree about the nepotism, the higher, better the retirement package the thicker the ice is under their feet to skate on. You have to admit, from an old number standpoint there is nada better than seeing staff in cuffs. Look at the C/O from Sterling that killed her lover and her time was made on jello. Jello: soft, sweet and translucent. Everybody knows whats going on. Lo and behold who does DWCF have now, why Limon's Warden Tranni. What a joke.

stacyb
02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
my husband has been sentenced to 2 yrs doc time he has been in jail for 6 months already what month do u think he will get out? has anyone heard the law in louisiana that u do 10 months for every year u get sentenced too?

Nanci9
02-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Colorado currently gives 10 days of good time per month. So if you get all monthly you do 8 months on a year. He is eligible for a 1/2 way already but don't count on anything till it happens. He should get his jail presentence, so most likely he will be there at year at the most. If he has no GED tell him he may qualify for the 15 days of good time monthly. But there is only so much earnable good time.

seansbabyluv
02-27-2010, 01:00 AM
my husband has been sentenced to 2 yrs doc time he has been in jail for 6 months already what month do u think he will get out? has anyone heard the law in louisiana that u do 10 months for every year u get sentenced too?

Is your husband incarcerated in Colorado or Louisiana? Nanci answered your question for Colorado but if he's in Louisiana, you can post your question here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=783)