View Full Version : Mini Introductions For Az Please Join Us

Pages : [1] 2

Barbara
02-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Mini Introductions for AZ please join us

Hi!
My name is BSS (Barbara) I am a moderator here at PTO. I would like to help you get more going here in AZ, I know there are quite a few members here in AZ so letís all introduce ourselves and get acquainted OK? I live in California but I was born in Douglas AZ back when the streets were made of wood LOL J/K but it was a long time ago. I still have family here in Tucson and Douglas, my uncle use to be the Fire Chief in Douglas. My son is in prison in California at Pelican Bay, he is one of the many artists you see displayed here in the Gallery at PTO. Letís hear from all of you here in AZ so we can get to know each other. Love Barb

Freya
02-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Hello Barb,

My name is Lisa. Although I don't live in Arizona I do have a connection. My dear friend from High School moved to Arizona shortly after graduation to start a life there. After some fast living, the outlaw life (as he now calls it) caught up with him. He was incarcerated at the Mojave Unit in Douglas. Around last year at this time, due to prison over-crowding, he was sent to a private facility in Newton County Texas. He has done 5 years and has 5 more to go. Who knows when he'll be sent back to Arizona and his family.

Anyway, it is nice to have you here to help get things going in the Arizona forum. On an aside, three years ago I was sitting in the lounge at LAX and an elderly man introduced himself to me. His name was, Eugenio Ronstadt. He was on his way back to Hawaii, after visitng his family in Tuscon and the L.A. area. As it would happen, we were on the same flight home and were able to sit together. I always thought Hawaiian's were the friendliest most loving people around, but I have to say Arizonans come in a close second!

Hiya Arizona!

Love, Freya

P.S. ( Barb, your son's artwork is awesome!)

MissLaniS
02-12-2004, 01:30 AM
Hey there everyone!!! My name is Lani, and I have lived here in Phoenix, AZ for about 12 years. My Fiance, Joey just got sentenced to 6 years. He is still in County Jail right now, awating his move onto Alhambra....then on to Prison. We are not sure where he is going to end up....but hoping that it is close.
My first time having to go thru something like this. My first time falling in love......Dont get why he had to go away, right when he fell in love. Its not fair. Im not dealing with all this very well....It hurts......
Hoping that I can get to know more of you, just incase one day I start to lose my mind, and need someone to chat with.....Thanks for Welcoming me into the PTO family, with open arms.....

TeAmo
02-12-2004, 01:40 AM
Hi, my name is Lindsay. I live in Tucson, Arizona. My fiance, Carlos was sentenced to 3.5 yrs, but we are all praying right now for the 'rule 32' and perhaps his sentence will be reduced. They took him from me 5 months ago today. I am appalled at the treatment of prisoners and inmate's loved ones in Arizona. I am disgusted at the lack of compassion in the judicial system. I am so thankful to have found PTO as a source of support, strength, information, and hope.

luisychris
02-12-2004, 09:27 AM
Hello my name is Christine ...I just recently found the pto and I love it ...My boyfriend was sentenced to 5 years and we have made it through 1.4 he was first at Madison and then Tucson santa rita unit ..he was also just moved to Newton Texas because of overcrowding ..and our hope is for only 6 mo because he will be reclassified and hopefully drop a point and be sent to a min facitlity here in AZ (I hope ) I used to visit every weekend and now at least he is able to buy Phone cards and call so thats how we stay in contact ...plus we write ...about me ...well I was born and raised in California and moved to Kingman Az 6 yrs ago and when my boyfriend got senteced I moved here to Phoenix to be closer to visit...I have worked 5 years with the Wic program and this is also my first time in this situation ....just bad timing I guess ..but I know it will all be worth it in the end ...thank for listening...chrisitne

Cherry
02-12-2004, 10:27 AM
Hi Everybody! My name is Cherrie. I live in Washington (state). My fiance was in Walla Walla here in Washington until he finished his sentence last September, but he had a detainer from Arizona (from 1994!) and so he was shipped off to AZ as soon as he was done here. He's medium in Lewis-Stiner and elegible for parole in Dec 2007. I visited regularly when he was here in Washington, but now that he's in AZ...it's hard, and we used to talk on the phone all the time (Washington has no limits on phone calls - they can spend their whole yard and dayroom times on the phone if they want...and if you can afford it, of course. I haven't seen him in 6 months and it's killing me!!! And he only gets 4 calls a week, so with calling his kids and his Grandma, etc. I only get to talk to him once a week.

My first trip down to see him will be at the end of this month. I was supposed to be going earlier this month, but the hostage situation put a stop to that. Anyway, I am SO excited about seeing him! I am praying that nothing goes wrong!

I love PTO and am very thankful it exists - I'd be lost without it! Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to meeting many more members in the AZ forum!

dante
02-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Hi Barbara:
My name is Danny I'm in New York, by accident i got this website that i think can help me now, my son 17 got in trouble and he is in Rikers Island now, I was wondering if there is a way I can find more informationa about this jail, that people said is th worst in the state, so I think that this wbesite brings a lot help, I know I'm not in AZ but maybe with the experience that you guys went trough can help others with the pain , so I hope to hear from you whenever you hacve a chance, and I'm ussually in Yahoo Messenger so if we can meet in any if thsi 2 places will be great, thank you for reading this note.
Danny:ha:

Hi!
My name is BSS (Barbara) I am a moderator here at PTO. I would like to help you get more going here in AZ, I know there are quite a few members here in AZ so letís all introduce ourselves and get acquainted OK? I live in California but I was born in Douglas AZ back when the streets were made of wood LOL J/K but it was a long time ago. I still have family here in Tucson and Douglas, my uncle use to be the Fire Chief in Douglas. My son is in prison in California at Pelican Bay, he is one of the many artists you see displayed here in the Gallery at PTO. Letís hear from all of you here in AZ so we can get to know each other. Love Barb[/QUOTE]

az-tears
02-12-2004, 06:55 PM
Hi,
My name is Patty, Lived in Phoenix now for 9 yrs moved here from California San Gabriel area (born and raised) Moved to Phoenix because my father and brother said they would help me with my teen son at the time.
Never did get the help! my son now is in prison doing 5 yrs all together he will of done 9 yrs for this.My son says this was the life he desired and where people said he belonged and now he's living it.He has given up on any future for himself,my son see's no light at the end of his tunnel only fire.
But I love him, he is my life I will stay here by his side,we will make it ! I have no family support, No one to talk too about my feelings, only my family here on PTO thank you again everyone for your support.

new4az
02-12-2004, 07:58 PM
My name is James ... I live in the east valley ... and spent 4.5 years of a 7 year sentence at lovely Leavenworth KS. I was released almost 3 years ago and moved here for work.

Your son may feel like he's given up ... or that life has nothing to give anymore, but that's obviously not the case. There are plenty of folks here on this board who have walked a path sililar to what he is traveling. You might want to read some of the success stories and pass them on to him. With lots of love and support he can have a future. Stick with him!

James

az-tears
02-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks James,
I will pass the stories on to him. But there is one thing bothering me my son just recieved a patch? Not really sure whats that is all about. But can he ever really have a life of his own ? Or has he just signed his own death certificate?
Patty

ebontortuga23
02-14-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi All! My name is Yvonne and my husband is serving 4 1/2 years at Lewis Prison (Buckley Unit). I am the one who made brownies for the BBQ here in Phoenix and ended up eating them myself, because none of the ladies could pin point the name of the park to have it at! lol. Both my husband and I were born in Arizona & are still here! This is my yahoo chat ID, for anyone who needs a shoulder to cry on (or can provide one. : ) Good to hear from you all!

arriana
02-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Hello
I do not live in AZ but have someone in an AZ prison. He will leave AZ when out but until then I just visit AZ.... You will find me around this board as it is a great way to find out info... especially when I am so far away .. I am in Canada. just a plane ride away :)
Arri

tootwistedtwice
02-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Hi :) My name is Kat, my fiance (Fred) is in the Bachman unit at Lewis. his erd is march 15, 2005 This is the first time I have ever had to go through this and just really feel lost. Don't know what the future holds, afraid they will keep us apart even after he is released. I must say however, I am NOT impressed with the attitude and poor treatment by the guards and definitely NOT impressed with the SUPPOSED help for drug addiction. No 12 step programs that I can see for him and the counselors are almost impossible for him to get a hold of. It is like they just dump them in and forget about the problem. What about his desire to still be clean when he gets out? If he couldn't do it on his own before (duh, that is why he is in prison) how do they expect him to do it when he gets out?

Anyway, hope to meet some of you :) If anyone has any advice about how to deal with all of this, Please feel free to Yahoo or Aim me :)

reidsbaby
02-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi !! My name is Cheryl and I live in the East Valley. My husband(as of 2-20-04) is incarcerated here which is why I moved to AZ TEMPORARY from home (MN).
We are down to 10 months (YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!) and plan to return home as long as the ISC goes through (lots of praying !) Nothing against AZ I lived here almost 12 years previously but it's just not home plus I'm hoping for a fresh start for him :)
Hope to chat with you soon :)

Celtie
02-16-2004, 10:20 PM
Hi, I'm from Montana and my baby's in FCI Safford--minimum, transferred there from Seatac through the Oklahoma City transfer center about 2 weeks ago. He'll be there until August and I doubt if I can come see him, although I'll be coming to get him when he's released (unless he wins his appeal in April, in that case the marshalls will fly him back home). If he were going to be there a long time, I'd be making visiting arrangements. I haven't laid eyes on him in 3 months, but can make it another 6 if I need to...we talk about 3 times a week on the phone and write letters daily. I've been to Phoenix, Tucson, Sedona...pretty state, nice people...and when I come get my loverman, we'll check a few things out on our way back home. Nice to meet y'all.

MissJC
02-17-2004, 11:23 AM
Hi everybody! My name is Jeanetta and I have a good friend who is currently doing time in Florence--East Unit. I live in New Mexico, about 4 hours from Phoenix.

magixcherry
02-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Hi,
I'm Cherry and I live in Phoenix. I was incarcerated at Perryville for a short time and am currently engaged to my soul-mate who is in Douglas. He gets out in 2006. I recently applied to have my rights restored and hopefully I will then be able to visit him and get married. My son is currently in Durango jail awaitin court and not sure whats going to happen to him. My fiance just told me that they are planning on a new move of inmates, this time to Oklahoma. I'm praying that he won't be on this list. I work everyday and come home to write him. We write everyday and that's what keeps us going. This time apart is so hard and the support from this group is wonderful.

Cherry

pakatobean
02-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Hello everyone,

My name is Mindee and I am new to both this system and the prison system. In fact, I haven't even officially joined the prison system yet as my fiance will not be sentenced until a week from today but I found tons of useful information on this site and he is going to be moving to prison eventually so I figured I would join.
I miss my fiance terribly and am feeling really bummed this evening because I was supposed to go visit him in jail and the D.O.'s decided to switch up the rules on me. It is so frustrating for family members of inmate's and also for the inmates themselves to never be able to know what to expect and I am sure it doesn't do anything for their morale either. My fiance was so disappointed when I had to tell him he wasn't going to be seeing me today after all.
Anyway, I am lucky to have a lot of friends who are really supportive of my situation so I do have others to talk to, but none of them understand first hand what it is like to be missing someone who is incarcerated. I am glad to have found all of you and look forward to talking with you in the future.
Take care!

Pumkin
03-01-2004, 10:02 PM
Hello Everyone, My name is Cin, the love of my life is in Yuma, we have been together almost 2 yrs, we have a long road ahead before he and I can be together on the outside, but there is no doubt in my mind our love will get us through the long wait. I go to Yuma 2 times a month (or try to anyway) and soon will be making the trip weekly. If anyone has any questions you think I may be able to answer please feel free to pm me.

faithfulforever
03-13-2004, 01:57 PM
My husband has been in the AZ prison system since 1998.

I have known him since 1976, but we have been apart since 1978. I found him on the inside in 1999 and we were married in 2002.

He is 6 years into a ten year sentence. Last year he got a unanimous clemency recommendation but the governor denied it. We can try again in 9 months. I can share my experience if anyone thinks they might face the board.

We are also hoping the HB2320 will pass (HB 2320 provides that eligible non-violent offenders, convicted after the general effective date of the bill, shall accrue early release credits at a rate of one day for every two days served with good behavior and qualify for parole.) I do not know if "general effective date" means the date it passes and only affects new convictions, or if it will be retroactive to the date they changed to the 85 %. I hope we can get a redcution, otherwise we have 2 1/2 years left to go. I have stayed faithfult to him for over 4 years, so I am not about to give up now :)

I live in the midwest so it is hard to see him, but I travel a couple times a year to visit. We have a son and a grandson.

It is nice to have a group of people who know what it's like.

IMissRex
03-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi! I am Dawn I came to Arizona from Indiana with my husband (now divorced from him) I have lived here going on 11 yrs. I live in Prescott. My sweetie is sitting at Lewis Barchey Unit. He has five yrs to serve. After already serving four months in jail. It is so hard being away from him. And we miss him terribly. Have not got to see him yet. And it is beginning to look like I won't get to see him any time soon. I write him all the time and he writes when he can and calls when he can. But can't wait for him to come home. This is my first time going through this and not sure what to expect. Joeysgirl ever need to chat I am here. Here for anyone who needs a shoulder. It is very hard to do this alone with no support. All I have is our kids. And one good friend but do not like to burden her with to much. Glad I came across this site.

chintath
03-21-2004, 06:21 PM
My name is Karen and I met my friend through an internet search for a Native American penpal. I was a volunteer coordinator for my county health department in CO and recruited him to do artwork for a brochure I was creating. We have been writing ever since--almost 2 years. His artwork fills my house and I try to promote his work whenever I can. I would love to get a card business going for him someday.

He has served 10 years of a 21 year sentence and is incarcerated at Newton Correctional Facility in Texas. He struggles to maintain sobriety in this lax prison and I think I may be his only support system. I hope my visit with him this summer might cheer him up.

Would love to hear from others with connections to Newton.

Waitin4him
03-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone-- i currently live in the east valley and have a guy im waiting for in prison. he is in Santa Rita and has done a year and 6 months. he is to be released in december of 2005 if anyone would like to chat feel free to pm me

Hanibani
04-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Hi everyone!

I just realized that I have never introduced myself here... So here it goes;
My name is Hanna, and I live in Sweden... But I have a friend that's in prison in Winslow.
I'm 20 years old, and I really enjoy being here at PTO. Everyone is so friendly and caring!
Think it's just great!! :)

Thank you for taking your time reading my little introduction :)

Many hugs
Hanna

ebontortuga23
04-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Update to all! My yahoo ID changed to an "underslash" between ebon and tortuga. Anyone who instant messaged me, I lost your ID's. If you were on my "friends" list, please IM me!! I miss my support people! If you weren't on my list, but want to be - feel free to contact me anytime because I love you guys!!
By the way - I still want to have that BBQ!!!

ladydinaz
04-09-2004, 01:40 AM
:cuffs: :cuffs: Hi, I'm from Glendale and this is so very new to me also, I have a unique situation in I was one of those CO's but I like to think a great one, I met my boyfriend while he was working for me in the inmate store after a year of all the looks and the connection we had I was betrayed by a friend of mine also a CO and turned into Administration, well I quit and am now free to love my man, he is in Bachman BDU where they put him for having a realationship with me all though nothing every happened except 1 great kiss. He was given 30 days LOP and 10 days in the hole that was 17 Feb04 and he is still in lock up. They are messing with our mail and won't tell me anything about why he is still locked down on the 10th of march he was reclassed to Florence north unit and they still haven't sent him. He is so frustrated and is begging me to do something but they won't give me the time of day he has no family to help him and I feel like such a failure since I am the reason he is locked down. I just don't know whayt to do???? He doesn't get out untill May 29 2005, I don't even know if I'll ever be able to visit or talk to him on the phone. We were both at Stiner unit I had been a CO for a total of 14 years in 3 different states I never new what it was like to love a convict untill now and besides being scared its very lonely when you have worked where I have. Any one with any questions about the Lewis facility can feel free to write me and I will answer all the questions I can I worked Visitation for a year the Inmate store for a year and was the Special Security Gang coordinator also for a year. I am a very caring and honest person and have always dealt with the inmates with the same concern that I would want to be treated with. I run into a lot of the guys now that they are out and they are always very happy to see me. I like to think I have made a little difference in some of their lives. Thank you for any and all help and I will be sure to return the favor:cuffs: :)

ladydinaz
04-09-2004, 01:45 AM
Hi Everybody! My name is Cherrie. I live in Washington (state). My fiance was in Walla Walla here in Washington until he finished his sentence last September, but he had a detainer from Arizona (from 1994!) and so he was shipped off to AZ as soon as he was done here. He's medium in Lewis-Stiner and elegible for parole in Dec 2007. I visited regularly when he was here in Washington, but now that he's in AZ...it's hard, and we used to talk on the phone all the time (Washington has no limits on phone calls - they can spend their whole yard and dayroom times on the phone if they want...and if you can afford it, of course. I haven't seen him in 6 months and it's killing me!!! And he only gets 4 calls a week, so with calling his kids and his Grandma, etc. I only get to talk to him once a week.

My first trip down to see him will be at the end of this month. I was supposed to be going earlier this month, but the hostage situation put a stop to that. Anyway, I am SO excited about seeing him! I am praying that nothing goes wrong!

I love PTO and am very thankful it exists - I'd be lost without it! Anyway, nice to meet you all and I'm looking forward to meeting many more members in the AZ forum! Hey there just want you to know that any help I can be I'll try I was a CO at Stiner for the past 3 years and worked Visitation I am probably sure I know you man. feel free to coorespond with me any time and maybe we can even get together some time :)

ladydinaz
04-09-2004, 01:50 AM
Hi! I am Dawn I came to Arizona from Indiana with my husband (now divorced from him) I have lived here going on 11 yrs. I live in Prescott. My sweetie is sitting at Lewis Barchey Unit. He has five yrs to serve. After already serving four months in jail. It is so hard being away from him. And we miss him terribly. Have not got to see him yet. And it is beginning to look like I won't get to see him any time soon. I write him all the time and he writes when he can and calls when he can. But can't wait for him to come home. This is my first time going through this and not sure what to expect. Joeysgirl ever need to chat I am here. Here for anyone who needs a shoulder. It is very hard to do this alone with no support. All I have is our kids. And one good friend but do not like to burden her with to much. Glad I came across this site.
Hi Dawn I came to Arizona from Indiana too, to get away from a crazy ex-boyfriend I have been here for almost 4 years and live in glendale. I have a sweetie sitting in Bachman BDU he's in untill 5/05. you can read more about me further on down feel free to chat with me any time any help I'll be more than happy to reply. glad you found this I sure am also.:)

ebontortuga23
04-11-2004, 11:09 PM
Please Respond To My Thread About The Bbq In Phoenix!!!!!
Yvonne

victoria64
04-22-2004, 12:40 AM
Hello All,

I'm Victoria From Prescott, My fiance Is in douglas, Gila unit. I would like to meet some people who visit there from phoenix and surrounding areas. I'm very new at this. Never been throught this before. My fiance' just got there in march and has 2- 3 yrs to go.. I'm Visiting him this weekend . First visit . been trying to school myself as much as possible as to what to expect. anyone have any advice for me I'm going up there by myself never been to douglas.. Thank you Victoria

magixcherry
04-22-2004, 05:57 AM
Hi Victoria - my fiance is also at the Douglas Gila unit. I still have not been able to visit him, but we're trying. i was also incarcerated though and know some of the rules from that side. by the way, my old man is called Magic - not sure if he knows your guy, but you could check it out. anyway, make sure you don't wear blue jeans, tan, orange or brown clothes. make sure your clothes are conservative (no sneaky-peaks of the belly,breast,ect) If your not sure about what you're wearing - don't wear it. believe me, it would be very disappointing if you went all the way down there and didnt get in for him to see any of you when you wanted to try and sneak him some cleavage or something. after your first visit you can figure out how to be creative. $20.00 in quarters (in a plastic zip lock baggie) / this is real important because the vending machines usually sell soda and munchie items that they are not able to purchase normally. If he smokes, one pack of "Unopened" cigarettes & no lighter. Take off your jewelry except for a ring, watch and earrings. and the visit can vary so much depending which CO's are on duty - some will watch your every move and others will let you get a good hug & kiss in, kind of follow your mans lead on whos on duty. Good luck on your visit and getting there. I would like to hear back after you leave, because its something i'm still looking forward to....

lindainaws
04-24-2004, 04:09 AM
hello everyone, my name is Linda and I live in Mesa, actually living in my sons house making his mortgage payments, for him util he gets out...If he ever does....Can anyone tell me what Az law says about being placed on probation for a crime in AZ,while he has just been extrdidted from California Prison to be released on parole in June. How can he do that without violating one or the other of their terms? We have tried to get info on transfering his parole to AZ but no one will help us, not California and not Az. His AZ case lawyer is no help, he doesn't know a thing. Can anyone steer me in the direction of information regarding this?

az-tears
04-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Hi glad your here, try going to our AZ site at the bottom scroll down then click on arizona maybe that will help if not ,go to introduction and tell them your story again someone will come by and help you.
Welcome again to PTO!
Sincerely:Patty

domsgrl
05-30-2004, 05:55 PM
My husband has been in Lewis Prison for over 5 years. Stiner Red and now Stiner Blue. He has 9 months left to go. Only 6 if only someone would help to get him screened for the Transitional Treatment Program. Everyone just gives him the run around. Anyway hope to chat with some of you soon. Good Luck all.

purpletaz1956
06-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi

I too am from Glendale.
My son in now at Florence and is scheduled to be moved soon.
I have visited alot at Durango and it is really a crazy process down there to visit a loved one. The CO's had their days but combined with the number of people that came to visit each day and the variety of attitudes from each side...makes it difficult for everyone to do their job and the inmate and visitor to enjoy their visit. I found that if you were to treat the CO's with a bit of common decency and respect that they were a bit nicer. After all, it isn't their fault that a loved one is there and has now turned everyone's life upside down. I can't imagine what you are going through but I would guess with you having been on the inside of the law that the situation involving you and your loved one are being taken out on you for learning to love someone, regardless of being locked up.
Love happens at any given time and seems like this was your time. Both of you should hold your heads up and let some time pass and things will get better.
Hang in there, there is always brighter days.
Lynn:)

MissingMyGuy
06-05-2004, 10:37 PM
Hello everyone,

My boyfriend has been in jail since July 03. He was sentenced to 2 yrs, with the 85% rule his release is Jan 05. We did 6 months in Tucson, then was transfered to Douglas ... Why DOC finds it necessary to shuffle inmates without warning is beyond me. I was 70 miles away from him, now I'm 200. Doesn't matter .. I love him & miss him. I spend alot of time reading, searching the internet for information. ADC website is sometimes helpful, I generally find things there before his letters reach me. I have TONS of issues with DOC but .. we're just trying to do our time so he can be home again! I love this site and feel at least now there will be people who understand how I feel .. (I refer to WE when speaking of doing time because reality is .. :( WE do the time with them!) Hang in there people .. they need us as bad as we need them ... :cool:

chuysruca
06-10-2004, 02:54 PM
Hi, Everyone Who Posted Before Me:

My name's Linda and I've lived in Phoenix for 6 years now; transplant from CA. My connection to the prison system is varied. I used to visit two young men at the local juvenile correctional facility, both of whom I'm still in contact with; one's in and one's out. Kids being tried as adults really burns my butt. I've also been a pen pal to over a dozen inmates; am currently writing to three. Starting this week I'm typing letters, poems, etc. for prisoners and will be volunteering one day a week at the Prison Fellowship office here in town. Let's just say that I believe every person is worth more than the worst act he commits. Was originally on the site -- a moderator for a short while -- from 12/02 to 6/03 but ran into hard times (homeless, jobless, etc.). Now I'm back on track, so give me a holla if I can be of any help to you. God bless.

doe
06-13-2004, 08:11 PM
Hi! I am a counselor. I live in Scottsdale. My brother is at Rynning. I visit him every single Saturday. I just want to say that this is a great site.

Dale'sforever
06-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Hi, my name is Lisa and my husband is in Winslow and has been in prison for 9 and 1/2 years. As of next week, we'll have under 5 years left until he gets to come home to me. We've been together for 11 years now and were married in 1997 in prison. We were both young when he went to prison (him 18, me 17) and are looking very forward to him coming home so we can finally start our life out here together. For all of you girls that are waiting for your men, stay strong--it'll all be worth it when our men come home to us. :)

JenNicoal
06-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Hi All-
My name is Jen. I am 22, live in Phoenix,Az. And am currently waiting for my boyfriend Pat to get out of prison. He is in Winslow-Apache Unit, in St.Johns. He and I met online back in 2001, and were supposed to meet in person at a party in Tucson (near where I was living back then) but he got arrested for previous crimes 3 days before we were supposed to meet. He wrote to me when he was in jail, and he and I have been writing ever since. Just starting out as friends, I had always liked and been interested in him. It was just recently that I decided to wait for him, and to claim him as my boyfriend. I adore the hell out of him, and am hoping he really does get out for Early Release, as he may qualify for it. If so, he is out in August, if no ER, then he is out in November. Any how, that's the story of me and my bf. Just two simple people who lost their hearts to each other through letters, never expected to fall in love, but did. This was my introduction :). I just found this website, and I really do like it, everyone seems really sweet, and It's always good to know there are more people out there like me.
Jen
35 days (ER) or 127 days til My Pat is Mine!!!!:yay: :clap: :blush: :rock:

babes
07-02-2004, 05:57 PM
hello, i should have posted on here along time ago..but i am a space case...i am an ex co from arizona also..i met my love while i was there..i live in northern arizona..worked for a year in the doc system,,not really to much more to say except i am waiting 6 more months til he is home..

babylove
07-23-2004, 12:51 AM
HI everyone,
My name is Tana, I am 21 years old and 5 1/2 months pregnant with a baby girl. Her father, my fiancee is going to be in Florence-Eyman SMU II, his sentence is only 3-4 months but hes been in madison street jail since May 26, it seems like a lifetime being apart from the love of my life. How do you people cope that have men in there for years and years. I wont be able to talk to him on the phone because I can't accept collect calls where I live and I wont be able to visit him for a month because of the long visitation process. I miss him a lot. We are both from az..I reside in phoenix at the moment but we are from mesa. anyone can message me just to talk

Birdie03
07-23-2004, 01:52 AM
My husband is in pima county awaiting sentencing and advised he is going to take prison time instead of IPS? He says that IPS = in prison soon. He has mentioned Alhambra...where is it located? Will we get to talk, visit? I feel so helpless not knowing anything...Can anyone clue me in a little?? This is my 1st time on PTO. I can't sleep, eat, I miss him so much. Cry all the time. Any support and/or info would be appreciated. :):new: :confused: :eek:

babylove
07-23-2004, 02:09 AM
calm down birdie, i know what your feeling. go to the arizona department of corrections website and you can find out everything you need to know

njtexas
07-23-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi,

My son is in Winslow - recently transferred from Tucson. I've never known anyone in prison and I really don't know the ropes. I visited my son one day while he was in Tucson and found that the information on the ADC web site was wrong. I'm going to Winslow Sunday. Anyone know anything?

I find the whole prison thing overwhelming. How do you deal with rules that change all the time? I like this site, and I hope I can figure out houw to access it and get some help.

njtexas

sherbear
07-25-2004, 04:01 AM
Hi Cheryl,
My name is Sherri and I've just found PTO in the last day or two and knew that this is where I needed to be. Your introduction caught 'cuz our situations are kinda reversed.
I'm here in Hudson, WI. which I'm sure you know is about 20 min. down 94 to the Twin Cities. Got here in Dec. of 1999 and am so lonely for my family back home. I'm a native Arizonan, born and raised in Glendale. Mesa is where my husband and I met and spent several years raising our children. Well, enough already. The reason I'm at this site is my daughter. She done 4 1/2 years and is due to get out in Feb.2005 (if she's lucky enough to live that long). Last March she suddenly became ill. The prison Dr.'s were praticially blowing off her symptom. It's a long story full of anger and resentment but bottom line is she ended up as close to death as you can come before emergency surgery saved her life when they finally took her to the hospital. She was diagnoised with cancer of the lymph system, non-Hodgkin's lymphoblastic lymphoma. Since then I've felt I needed a support system while fighting the ADOC on my daughters behalf. I'll stop at nothing or nobody (short of breaking the law) to get her needs met. I never touched the computer or used the internet before all of this, now I'm always on it doing something for her.
Isn't it great to know that in a few months your man will be out of that place?
You can see the light at the end of the tunnel now huh?? Time goes by fast if you keep busy, but not fast enough I know. Anyway, I love this part of the country, it really is beautiful - - - - in the SUMMER! It's been nice talking to you. Hope to hear from you!!http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

hotpantsaz
07-25-2004, 09:39 PM
My boyfriend/son's father is in Tonto unit at Safford. I had to move back to NJ to be closer to some family support last year. We (our son and I) try to get back to AZ every three months or so, but with the phone calls, sending $$, paying for child support so I can work full-time AND raise a two-year old alone, the financial burdon and stress is becoming overwhelming. :eek: We have at least another 4 years of this unless a miracle comes along. It's good to have found this website and others like me!!

Michele

melbo
07-25-2004, 10:17 PM
My names Melissa, my fiance is at the Diamondback Facility in Oklahoma. I live in Texas so he's a little closer for the time being. We have four more years, hopefully a little less!!!!!

Sugarsmack
07-26-2004, 09:12 PM
Hi, my name is Lindsay. I live in Tucson, Arizona. My fiance, Carlos was sentenced to 3.5 yrs, but we are all praying right now for the 'rule 32' and perhaps his sentence will be reduced. They took him from me 5 months ago today. I am appalled at the treatment of prisoners and inmate's loved ones in Arizona. I am disgusted at the lack of compassion in the judicial system. I am so thankful to have found PTO as a source of support, strength, information, and hope.
Hi Lindsay,
I live in Arizona City, close to you. My husband and family are from Tucson. If you don't mind me asking what is rule 32? I am new to this site and am looking for laws that may help my man get out soonerhttp://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif This is my first reply too. I hope I figure out how to find any response you may have for me :p hehehe

Sugarsmack
07-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Hello my name is Christine ...I just recently found the pto and I love it ...My boyfriend was sentenced to 5 years and we have made it through 1.4 he was first at Madison and then Tucson santa rita unit ..he was also just moved to Newton Texas because of overcrowding ..and our hope is for only 6 mo because he will be reclassified and hopefully drop a point and be sent to a min facitlity here in AZ (I hope ) I used to visit every weekend and now at least he is able to buy Phone cards and call so thats how we stay in contact ...plus we write ...about me ...well I was born and raised in California and moved to Kingman Az 6 yrs ago and when my boyfriend got senteced I moved here to Phoenix to be closer to visit...I have worked 5 years with the Wic program and this is also my first time in this situation ....just bad timing I guess ..but I know it will all be worth it in the end ...thank for listening...chrisitne
Hi Christine,
I read your letter and wanted to reach and and encourage you to hand in there. I will be completein my 5 year with my man in October and looking back it went by fast. Stay strong, God Blesshttp://www.prisontalk.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif

Sugarsmack
07-26-2004, 09:22 PM
Hi,
My name is Patty, Lived in Phoenix now for 9 yrs moved here from California San Gabriel area (born and raised) Moved to Phoenix because my father and brother said they would help me with my teen son at the time.
Never did get the help! my son now is in prison doing 5 yrs all together he will of done 9 yrs for this.My son says this was the life he desired and where people said he belonged and now he's living it.He has given up on any future for himself,my son see's no light at the end of his tunnel only fire.
But I love him, he is my life I will stay here by his side,we will make it ! I have no family support, No one to talk too about my feelings, only my family here on PTO thank you again everyone for your support.
Hi Patty,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you and your son. How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?

Sugarsmack
07-26-2004, 09:25 PM
My name is James ... I live in the east valley ... and spent 4.5 years of a 7 year sentence at lovely Leavenworth KS. I was released almost 3 years ago and moved here for work.

Your son may feel like he's given up ... or that life has nothing to give anymore, but that's obviously not the case. There are plenty of folks here on this board who have walked a path sililar to what he is traveling. You might want to read some of the success stories and pass them on to him. With lots of love and support he can have a future. Stick with him!

James
James,
I'm so curious...Did you or do you struggle to find good work because you served a prison sentence? How did the world treat you when you got out and tried to get employment?

az-tears
07-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Patty,
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I will pray for you and your son. How old is your son if you don't mind me asking?
Hi Sugarsmack,
My son just turned 24 yrs July 13th, and let me tell you he got into as much trouble in prison on his B-day! As if he was out on the streets!
I always wondered why hamsters sometimes eat there young? I think I understand now! :slap:

alwayshis74
07-28-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi, I'm Karen. My boyfriend is in Alhambra right now. I have no clue were they are going to send him after that. He just served two years in cali and was tranfered to arizona last week. I use to live in Arizona, but I moved up to Oregon a year ago. I plan to move back down there to be closer to him, as soon as I hear were they are sending him. I hope to get to know you guys better. We are a good support system for each other. No one in my family understands what I'm going through. So thanks. And take care.

cjmess
07-29-2004, 09:22 PM
My daughter spent 9 months in Sheriff Joe's Tent City at Maricopa Co in AZ. That place is awful. Prisoner's of war have more rights and are treated better and eat better than they do there. I pray for anyone that has to go there. He needs tared and feathered!

jennifer35
07-29-2004, 10:06 PM
Hello My Soon To Be Husband Is In Federal Prison In Phoenix. I Miss Him So Much. Can Anyone Help Me By Giving Me Information About The Prison He Is In. Thank You Jennifer35

babylove
07-29-2004, 11:27 PM
go to the adc website www.adc.state.az.us (http://www.adc.state.az.us) or the federal prison website youll find out everything you need to know and if you need anymore help just pm me

arblvsjdr04
07-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Hi! This site is a blessing from GOD! My name is Amy,27 yrs old, born and raised in AZ...live in west Phx...my son's father just got done doing 8 1/2 yrs...Madison, then Yuma, then Tuson and finally Douglas...
My best friend and new love just went in for violating probation...twice:oHe is currently in county awaiting sentencing, at Sheriff Joe's luxurious Estrella Jail (the food is to die for! literally!) if not for commissary the inmates would starve. No Joke! Hoping and praying he won't have to do too much time.:broken:

Never been to jail or prison myself...but know quite a few who are and have been...one of my best friends since High School was a D.O. at Durango and Estrella Jail and currently training for C.O. at the ADC Acadamy at Perryville...I know way too much about our correctional facilities and too many friends and relatives in them to be proud:cool:...but if i can be some help, feel free to PM me...

Crys627
08-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Hi there... My name is Christine... My BF was sentenced to 4 years...he is in Alhambra right now waiting for transfer.... The judge made a mistake and sentenced to 4 months so he was let out by mistake. I got to spend two great weeks with him. The evil prosecuter caught the mistake after the fact and called an emergency hearing...and he had to self surrender:( . We are waiting to see where he is transferred. Im not sure that I would call it "LOVE" I have known him for a while...but it didnt turn romantic until recently. But I care for him a lot and I only want what is best for him. I hope he is able to get some help while he is in. :( :(
It still is hard though. I just hope when he gets out that he can not pick that bottle back up. :( :(
Anyway..nice to meet you all.
Christine

babylove
08-07-2004, 08:39 PM
welcome christine, the waiting part is the hardest, someone once told me it never gets easy but it does get easier..keep your head up and try to live everyday like its your last and you will see time goes by so fast.

Crys627
08-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Well he has already been in most of the year...but just got sentenced on 6/28. So he has a bit of time served....he should be eligible for parole in Dec 2006. That seems like such a small amount of time to bother putting him in a higher security yard. I am not sympathetic toward breaking the law but I am sympathetic toward what is going on now.

And BTW everyone be sure to register to vote! Im sure from what I've seen that it goes without saying that a vote against Joe Arpio is a vote well used!!! (Even if I wasnt a Democrat! LOL)

mrenae76
08-07-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi, my name is Michelle and my husband is in Douglas. He has been there for a little over a year and still has 2 left. It has been harder than I ever thought possible. I am so thankful I found PTO. It helps so much to know there are more people out there going through the same thing I am. I have 3 kids and it's nice to talk to other adults who wont pass judgement. Anyways, I hope I will be able to talk with some of you, I am looking forward to that...

babylove
08-07-2004, 11:38 PM
welcome to PTO michelle, theres a lot of support, if you need to talk you canjsut pm me anytime

Midnight63
08-08-2004, 01:33 AM
Hi there! My name is Cheryl and my hubby was arrested at his place of employment by US Marshall's on 7-14-04. He has since spent 16 days in Durango, and extradited to South Carolina on 7-30. He was "delivered" (their term not mine...LOL) to SC on 8-4 and his revocation hearing is set for August 19th. Fast, Fast, Fast... I have lived in AZ since March of 1994 and have 3 children(teenagers...UGH!!)

I hope to hear good news from the hearing and ask that everyone pray for my hubby to get to come home quickly. His employer is awaiting his return, and have been wonderful through this whole ordeal.

I am glad to see that there are so many "open" people here in AZ when involved with such devastating circumstances. If I can be of any help, or you just need an ear...please feel free to pm me. My background is in Criminal Justice and Human Services and my favorite hobby is to do law research and missing people searches.

Thanks for lending me your eyes for a bit...hope to chat with you soon!

Please say a prayer for my hubby's hearing!! We can use all the help we can get!!

Cheryl:broken:

Birdie03
08-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Hi
My husbadn was sentenced to 2 years for Domestic violence. We want to stay together and work things out. Meth (a mean evil drug) was the reason for our fights. We never have a cross word or look unless that is in the picture. Will I be able to talk to hom, visit, can he come home to me? I am scared, bills rollling in, not working, depressed, no one wants to HELP familiy stay together - they just talk ablout divorce!!! Please reply!!!

babylove
08-11-2004, 04:31 PM
Hi Birdie welcome to PTO, you find lots of support here. Meth is an evil drug I had some experiences with it the same way you did. Ron(my fiancee) and I never fought or got into arguments until we started using it and it was then we realized we didnt want to do it(meth) anymore. Stay strong for him if you love him and remember to listen to your heart and dont always listen to what everyone(family, friends) try to tell you, they may not always be right. If I listened to everything my family told me I wouldnt have given Ron a chance and then I wouldnt be about to have a beautiful baby girl in december. Two years may sound like a long time but if you love him enough it will go by fast. He will be able to write to you as soon as you get approved on his visitation list. He will send you a visitation packet in the mail, you fill it out and send it to the visittation office where he is in prison at and once they approve you, you can visit him and he can call you. But for now you can send him letters. Thats what I do for right now until Ron sends me my visitation packet.

joyceski
08-12-2004, 12:24 PM
Hi my name is joyceski have a step son in Florence Arizona. He is 33 and would really like someone besides me to write to him. He will be out in March of 2005 Please let me know if you would like to write him...he needs alittle cheering up!

soulmates4ever
08-13-2004, 07:07 PM
I just got married to my soulmate on August 9,2004
It is very hard being apart
My situation is little different
I met him 12 1/2 years ago on the phone through someone i knew that was in same prison as my huband
I never been with him except in side visiting rooms our relationship consisted of phone calls, letters and visits
We found each other again just before the holidays last year.

And now we are man and wife.
I learned over the years that is more to a marriage then I ever thought I knew about.

I dont know when my husband is coming home
when we started the weddiing planning I looked at the whole picture could be a really long time before he did come home but I could not take a chance of loosing what we have ever again so I am probably one of the happiest people on earth and in love more and more every day

The say you dont know what you have til it is gone
I think most the time that means when you have had the whole package

I am looking for anyone that knows more and less then i do about the system
Any one that has a question regarding ASPC in the Phoenix areas. let me know just getting married I have learned alot of how to get through alot of tape.

I love the fact PTO is here

In love with my husband

Ruth

boobbetrap
09-01-2004, 04:27 AM
hello ariozna, my man has been in for 5 years now. and today his P.O. came to the house to check it out.his release date isn't until january 19th 2005. but the p.O. told his mom that he could be released anytime now. has anyone heard of them letting inmates out early?I thought maybe it was because of all the prisons being so full. and the jails are about the same way.if anyone knows anything about this could you please get back wih me. I haven't been with my man in 5 years I will be so happy if there is some turth to what he said. maybe just maybe dreams do come true.I can only pray now. I've missed so much. take care everybody and keep the faith. toni

jtrixie79
09-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi ya'll mt name is Jennifer and my fiance is currently awaiting sentencing on his plea for 1.5-2.5 years. We have both lived in Arizona our entire lives. This website truly is a god send sometimes :bow: I know whenever I come home feeling down I can come here for some inspiration and advice :) Good luck everyone and thanks again PTO

Jesse's Girl
09-10-2004, 07:41 PM
My Name is Pam. My boyfriend Jesse is at ASPC winslow. I live in california.

Concerned_Sis
09-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Hello, my name is Helen, I'm 24 and I live in California. My 19 year old brother is serving a 5.5 year sentence in ASPC-Lewis Unit: Buckley. He was charged with armed robbery. An older man gave him cocaine for about a week and convinced him and a few other kids to rob this house of a couple that owed the older man money:mad: . Our mother died of a drug over-dose when he was 8 months old and our father has been in prison since he was 3 yrs. :( I am devastated that we live in different states and I was not there to support and encourage him at the time of the crime. I know it's not my fault but as his older sister/ mother figure, it eats at me. I also hate that I am in another state which makes it difficult to visit him as often as I would like. Everything that I read about prisons and the Arizona legal system horrfies me. All I can do is support him the best I can and pray that he does not lose hope of having a bright future after this dark time.

Birdie03
09-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi - My husband is at ASPV Winslow, Apache Unit. He just got there the in August and is doing 2 years for Domestic Violence. Would love to talk to ya :) Where in calif ? My Name is Pam. My boyfriend Jesse is at ASPC winslow. I live in california.

boobbetrap
09-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I think I wrote to you and told that my guy just left winslow he was in the kiabab side I didn't know there was anything but the two sides up there the one you are speaking of must be in a different spot than these two units. but if you want to know anything about those I will be glad to help you out. my guy is in safford now do to get out in januasry. but at any rate take care, boobbetrap

Mrs.Yandell
09-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Hi my name is Charity My husband is in Barchey unit at lewis prison. He is doing 25- life unless by some miricle we get his appeal granted. He has already done 11years and to tell the truth I have been able to be strong until recently and my life has fallen apart due to a diagnosis of cancer. I am 27 years old with a 7 year old daughter and I have never needed my husband home as bad as I do now. I live in tucson and drive to buckeye every weekend, if anyone out there does the same and would being willing to car pool I would greatly appreciate it.

comrade4
09-19-2004, 04:47 AM
Mini Introductions for AZ please join us

Hi!
My name is BSS (Barbara) I am a moderator here at PTO. I would like to help you get more going here in AZ, I know there are quite a few members here in AZ so letís all introduce ourselves and get acquainted OK? I live in California but I was born in Douglas AZ back when the streets were made of wood LOL J/K but it was a long time ago. I still have family here in Tucson and Douglas, my uncle use to be the Fire Chief in Douglas. My son is in prison in California at Pelican Bay, he is one of the many artists you see displayed here in the Gallery at PTO. Letís hear from all of you here in AZ so we can get to know each other. Love Barb Hi...I'm in Phoenix...I don't have "1" particular person in the prison system; actually I have/had a few old friends; a few new friends; and a couple of acquaintances... I seem to be drawn to the underdog in every situation so my heart goes out to them and I want to help them any way I can with their concerns. I have three friends in Florence/Eyman right now and it looks as though another will be on his way soon :( At this particular time, I have a new friend, I'd only known him a short time before he went in...right now he's in Durango awaiting his next court appearance. I need to get some advice for him if anyone can help...although I'm not sure if anyone can. He is a new father, his babe is only about 3 months old ~ He's not married to the mother but he is on the birth certificate as the father. The mother is not able to support herself and the baby - nor has she made much effort - and he's afraid that CPS is going to take the baby and end up being raised by someone else or adopted. Can they do that? Does he have any legal ground at all?? I appreciate any advice or suggestions... :help: Thanks~~~

Eldon's wife
10-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Hi, my name is Kricket. I live in southeast Texas,which seems a world away from Arizona now that I need to visit. The man that has became my best friend, exists within the cages where they keep the death row prisoners at the Eyman SMU2 unit in Florence. I have yet to visit, but will somehow make it there very soon. I am very much against the system, as is. As Toot points out there is no true help, though it has been proven the cost of rehab programs pay for themselves in reduced recidivism rates. However, I am as passionate about the individual recognizing thier mistakes and correcting them on thier own. I after almost loosing my life to a drug induced stroke can tell you that the 12 steps and a true desire for change are all any man or woman needs.If the desire to change is genuine the strength to resist the prodding of the world to go back to ones old ways will come from within. And with that I will stop, as you get the jest of the heart of the "gimpy blonde" from Texas, with what I have said. May God shower his blessings on you all, you are apart of the system you need them.

boobbetrap
10-02-2004, 07:25 AM
hi my name is Toni I've lived here for 35 years .I live in the north east valley, my guy is in Safford prison. he is do out in january of this year. I've been talking with these ladys on here since last year. he is finishing up a 5 and a half year term. Thing are crazy in my life right now. scared to death about him returning home. He is having some mixed emotions going on right now as well as myself. But I love having someone out there to talk to that understands everything that e on the outside go through. It's hard for both parties. But thanks everybody for your insight and your support that has carried me through a part of this night mare. to all a great day

ladydinaz
11-11-2004, 11:07 PM
just wanted to say hi to every one that has come to our little home site, i have been off for a while due to financial problems but am back on the net now. If any one needs any help on the system since i was there for 3 years (my trials and tribulation are in here) feel free to pm me and I am in Glendale/phoenix, and also from Wis. My man is in North unit in Florence. Welcome all keep the faith and Blessed Be. Lady D in Az

az-tears
11-12-2004, 09:04 AM
So glad to see you Ladinaz! We have missed you, hope everything is going better for you now :grouphug:

HockeyGal43
11-16-2004, 07:29 PM
Hi all, I hail not from Arizona but from a long way away in Toronto, Ontario Canada.

My love, my soulmate and I met after he had already been incarcerated over 10 years and still has about 14 more years to go and he resides at ASPC Lewis - Morey Blue.

He has to be the most loving, caring, nurturing, funny, creative, loyal man I have ever met ... and one I'm thrilled to say will be my husband one day soon ...

TowerLadyTammyC
11-19-2004, 05:42 AM
Hi My One & Only is killing his time at Eyman SMU Two. I lived in AZ 23 years and recently moved to Monterey, CA.

Midnight63
11-19-2004, 06:33 AM
HockeyGal43 & TowerLadyTammyC.......welcome aboard!! Glad you have decided to join us at PTO and inthe Arizona Forum. :thumbsup:

Cheryl

kathy86405
01-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Hello Barbra,

I am so glad I found this place, I was on internet trying to found information out Perryville prison, I am so scared not for me but for my 19 year old daughter who is doing 2.5 years. She has spend 4 months in the Kingman jail, was sentenced last week and was just transported to perryville thursday. I fill so stupid when it comes to knowing what to do, can you help in getting me some information., I don't even no how to go about putting money on her books I used to be able to do it here but now that she has gone can I just mail it? also what about visits? I live in Lake Havasu City AZ for 22 years in fact my daughter was born her in Havasu hard to think that she is in
prison now, I am having a pretty tough time with this, but I have to remind myself when I start Whinning that if I feel like this what she must be going through. This site is great to see others feelings and thoughts

Thank you all so much
Kathy

lorie
01-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi my name is lorie, my son is in florence prison az. he has been in there for three years and three months .. coming home this month. i cant wait.... i love pto it has helped me so much to know that i am not alone in all this.i live in prescott valley and i sure wont miss the two hour drive to the prison... love to you all lorie

kathy86405
01-12-2005, 03:22 PM
hi, i am from lake havasu city az, I think I might have already done this intro but not sure, I have lived in lake havasu city for 22 years, my daughter was born here she is now in Perryville Prison in Az, she is only 19 years old and I feel so scared for her. but I am so glad I ran across this site its helpful to know others have the same fears as I do, not that I'm glad others are in the same position I am, but it helpful to know there is.

Kathy

RC'sLynne
01-16-2005, 05:46 AM
Could someone PLEASE help ME ???? :confused:

Hi All, my name is Crystal, ppl call me Lynne, I'm from BC, Canada. My boyfriend lives in Phoenix, AZ, his name is Rick which he goes by RC. We met about 8 months ago and are so much in Love.
On Friday he got called into the courhouse with the judge and his lawyer, and I guess thats where they took him from, and i also do believe for 4 months. . . anyways thats the last I heard from him :( I have no idea where he is, no idea on how to find anything out on his where abouts. I've searched the net, but of course no luck.
I was hoping someone could Plz point me in the right direction. I just want to know where my baby is and how long he's in for. Im soooo very sad and worried about him.
If somone could plz help me out any? point me in right direction to what I should or need to do? that would be greatly appreciated.
Im soooooo lost on what to do, and very new to the puter
Again Thank you ever so much
Crystal Lynne

Jamba
01-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Hi BSS (Barbara),

I'm only "somewhat" connected. I have a very close friend who is a CO at Lewis, so I get most info day of and most of the time 1st hand. CO is not always in the know with what's going on around there, as are most of the CO's there, but what info I can provide, I will.

Thanks.
Jamba

Sams_little_devil
01-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Liz, I live in Indiana, and my fiance is doing his time in Tucson in the echo unit. The short version to our story is his mom passed away four days before our wedding day, and he didn't handle it so well. He took off on his hog with a friend, and ended up in Tucson, he was on a drinking binge and filled with alot of pain and anger and one night found himself in a heap of trouble, thus landing him where he is today. He was sentenced to 120 days, but those days have come and gone, and he's still there. I have only recently found out where he is exactly because his brother finally flew out there after we heard about the roit that occured last week in which sam was stabbed, we don't really know how he is other then they say he is ok. I'm so lost, confused and worried out of my mind. Sam didn't tell me the whole truth as too where they had him 'staying' he told me he was in some type of boot camp. I know he probably figured he would do his time and be done with it, but that didn't happen. When i think about him not being honest with me, I get so mad, but then i understand his reasoning, he don't want me to worry, but i dont think he realizes I'm going out of my mind sitting here not knowing anything. I'm hoping just maybe someone here might have someone in the same unit as sam and might be able to find out something for me, his name is sam(ual) stevenson. At this point, I don't know how long he is going to be there for, and I sure could use some advice on how to cope, I'm not doing so well at it, and most my friends and family think i'm crazy for waiting on him. Sorry for going on and on but thanks for being here.

RaspberryGal
01-22-2005, 04:39 AM
Hi Liz and welcome to PTO. So sorry to here of your and Sam's story. It was heart-wrenching. I wish I knew what more I could do to help or say but I don't. I believe you have come to the right place for support and anyone here will be more than happy to help answer your questions and lend an "ear" anytime. You will be OK, just take it one day at a time (I know ... easier said than done). Good luck hun {hug}

desertdreams
01-29-2005, 06:18 PM
Hi everyone. Not sure if I belong here. I have a dear friend who is incarcerated in Eyman-cook unit. Not sure if he qualifies as a "loved one" lol but we are good friends none-the-less. We have known each other for close to 15 years, in fact he was my supervisor back in another life, then did a few things which he regrets and found himself in the prison system. He taught me a lot when I worked for him and had a strong shoulder for me when I went through a horrible divorce in the early 90's. I have recently become a widow and through letters, again, he was a great source of comfort to me. We have been corresponding for 2 years now.

Not sure what I can offer here or what you can offer me, but I do enjoy reading all the stories, some heartbreaking, some uplifting and thought this might be a resource for me in some way.

My friend has some years left on his sentance, but I do look forward to the day that perhaps we can meet, have a cup of coffee and he will enjoy life beyond the world he is in now.

Take care all of you

Pam

PS I live here in Yuma, not sure what help I could be for anyone that has a loved one in the Yuma prison, but I can try if needed.

RaspberryGal
01-30-2005, 08:48 PM
Pam, welcome to PTO and the AZ forum. I'm sure you have lots to contribute whether ideas, opinions, support or whatever. We welcome all!

All the best to you and your friend, who yes, can be considered a loved one, afterall it is only what you define it to be, and the ongoing friendship and support you clearly share with one another. :)

ryansprincess
02-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Just wanted to say hi. My boyfriend was finally transferred back to arizona(lewis) in december. i hope to be seeing him here, in about 2 weeks. I am still currently living in Oklahoma but am moving to Washington. Our story is wierd, but i am so glad to be able to write him, and soon hopefully see him and talk to him on the phone. Anyway, hi to all and i love pto!!

lucky726
02-17-2005, 12:09 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm glad I found this website. It was by accident, but I'm glad I did. It gets lonely sometimes not having support from others who understand what I am going through. My boyfriend is in Arizona State Prison in Kingman. He will be released on July 8, 2006.

RaspberryGal
02-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Ryansprincess and Lucky726 ... Welcome to PTO and the AZ forum. We look forward to your questions, experiences and general chat! :D

mxgirlluvsmxguy
02-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Hi Everyone,
My name is Bev. My fiancee Chris got a felony Dui back in Nov. He was sentenced to 1.5 yrs and has been in 3 different prisons in the past month. He was moved from Mohave co jail to Alhambra, from there he went to Buckeye and now they have moved him to the Kingman prison. Im grateful that he is in Kingman as it is close to visit. However, I got word from one of his friends that he isnt adjusting very well. He wont go out, he just stays inside. I worry that he is getting depressed. Im doing everything I can to make sure I dont get depressed. This is the hardest thing that I have ever had to go through. He is my best friend and I miss him so much. I dont know how to handle it. I cry ALOT!! I miss him every second of every day. I just know that I have to be strong for him. I have written him so many letters, but he has been moved so many times that I am afraid he isnt getting them. Does anyone know if they forward the mail to whatever facility they go to?

melbo
02-18-2005, 01:27 AM
Hello and Welcome to PTO and the Arizona Forum! Mail can take up to several weeks to be forwarded. Stay strong and positive!

Mel

TomT
02-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Hello! My name is TomT and I work at the florence complex North unit as a co. I would like to answer your question from the inside for florence, CB-6, South unit. I hope that you all accept me for who I am,and not what I am. There are things that I myself do not agree with,or see what is going on.

Barbara
02-18-2005, 02:34 AM
Welcome to PTO Tom, we have other CO's here and they are of great help to us. Please feel free to answer questions from our members, and ask some yourself :)
Barb

TomT
02-18-2005, 02:37 AM
Hi! Im TomT and I work at Florence North Unit as a co. I would like to help out as much as I can from the inside. I'll try to answer questions on Florence,CB-6 and South Unit. I hope you can accept me for who I am and not what I am. I see alot of things that I don't agree with, or like on a daily bases. thank you.

Freebird08
03-10-2005, 02:58 PM
Hi All,

I'm new to the AZ forum. I live in Phoenix and my friend is in New Mexico State Penitentiary. I've known him since '95, but we stopped writing in '97 (long story) but have since reacquainted and catching up on many things. I like this site because there is so much support and it's definately a place where I can relate on many issues that my friends here on the "outside" wouldn't understand. Thanks for being here.

B'ssoulmate
03-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi, My name is Laura and this is my first time posting. I live in the East Valley and my soulmate is still in Madison St. Jail waiting sentencing. Actually we haven't even been to the the prelim hearing yet. (April 2005) I am so scared and don't know what to expect. From what I have been told he will be serving from 10-20 years on a plea bargin. Unfortunately we will get alot more time if we go to trial. I found this forum about a week ago and it has been a great comfort to me. Thank you all.

melbo
03-15-2005, 06:12 PM
Hello Laura Welcome to PTO and the Arizona Forum! Glad to have you here!

Mel

Freebird08
03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Welcome to PTO Laura. I have met some good ladies from this site and it's so comforting to have people in like situations who can give moral support as well as helpful advice! Keep coming back... :)

B'ssoulmate
03-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Thank you for your responses. Me and my girls are so scared and wish we could see into the future. I plan on sticking around here until the end.
Laura

melbo
03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi Victoria Welcome to PTO and the Arizona Forum!! Glad you found us! You might want to post a new thread in the Arizona Forum with your questions about Douglas, I'm sure one of our members will be able to help you out. My husband was in Douglas before he was sent to Oklahoma but I never got to visit him there. Wish I could of been of more help. Happy Posting!!

Mel

melbo
03-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Victoria, You might also want to check out the Arizona Prison Profiles, theres alot of useful information in that forum.

Mel

spiritlight
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM

spiritlight
03-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi, my name is Helen. Boy do I feel like a fish out of water. I've lived in AZ since 1981. I'm orginally from NJ. My man is at Alhambra right now waiting to get to a yard. His relase date is 10/06/07. I would love to find out how to get some time knocked off. We're both older he's 55 I'm 57. When your our age 2007 puts a big kink in the scheme of things. We'll be getting married as soon as we can and almost any way we can. Hell, I sure miss him. Sometimes it seams I can't go on, but go on I must for the both of us.

Gratefully
Spiritlight:confused:

melbo
03-22-2005, 11:44 PM
Hello Helen...Welcome to PTO and the Arizona Forum glad to have you here!

Mel

Desertrat84
04-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Well Hello there everyone!

I'm in Glendale and I found PTO by accident. I'm helping a guy in Cheyenne (Yuma) try and get out so I'm doing a lot of research for him right now. We have contacted the Justice Project through ASU and are waiting on them to get back into touch with one of us to let us know if they are going to pick up his case. He is in for murder - one that he DID NOT commit!!!

Lucky me I found the new law that was passed last year in the process of tripping over this site. So I'm about coming out of my skin!!!

He is supposed to send me visitation papers - I'm hoping to have everything cleared and ready to rock and roll come memorial day weekend. I'll get to see him on Sunday if all goes well! I'm so excited. Soooo....

Thanks for setting up this site, it's awesome and I'm sure I'll be here often. :D

edit: damn I forgot - Name's Kortney!

RaspberryGal
04-21-2005, 04:00 AM
Wlcome to PTO and this forum, glad to have you here!

Here's hoping you have much success with helping your friend! One word on the Justice Project ... they tend to stay away from cases that have been under a plea bargain unless/or favour those in which DNA can exhonerate .. just some insight if that helps. Hope they are able to help you all!

Have an awesome visit and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Desertrat84
04-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Wlcome to PTO and this forum, glad to have you here!

Here's hoping you have much success with helping your friend! One word on the Justice Project ... they tend to stay away from cases that have been under a plea bargain unless/or favour those in which DNA can exhonerate .. just some insight if that helps. Hope they are able to help you all!

Have an awesome visit and enjoy! :thumbsup:

Thanks a bunch!

He pled not guilty through the whole 3 year start to finish nightmare. As well he got convicted on circumstancial evidence. the Prosecution didn't submit dna/forensics evidence linking him to the crime and his defense team was crap...they didn't press that and the "credible witnesses" which happend to be two crackheads that struck a bargin with the prosecution - they testify - they don't get charged with dope! there is more to it but that is the general jist of it. :angry:

the JP responded back with the fact that they are disturbed by the ethical practices and the fact that his civil rights were violated - due process and effective council!

So keep fingers crossed that they pick it up soon - I found a law that was enacted on 10/30/04 that goes across all states and federal. I'm going to post it after I see if it has already been posted. It is called the Innocent Protection Act. That requires that the defendent have access to DNA testing to prove he didn't commit the act. Sooooo.....*crosses fingers* I hope everything happens soon! :D

Mariaaphy
05-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new to PTO. My name is Maria I live in Los Angeles California. I met an inmate through a pen pal website and we've been writing for 9 months now. He is in Arizona State Prison in Yuma. Before that he was In Florence. We both don't know how much time he has left, but he does have a court day this year, so we'll find out then. If everything goes well there he'll be out in 2008. We're praying for that. Our relationship is getting serious now and I do love him, he tells me he loves me as well. We even write about our future :p But ladies, I have a question, how do you know when it's real? Has anyone met an inmate through a website and started writing? I would appreciate any comments, or advice. Thank you.

Maria

Darlingnikaz
06-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Hi, my name is Nikki, found PTO by accident -- and very impressed at the wealth of information here. I live in Mesa -- grow up in Arizona. Close friend, Mark, was recently sentenced to Lewis - Barchey Blue (i think). He is serving a 3.0 yr. sentence, not really familiar w/ Lewis - but unfortunalty not new to the ADC experience. Prior convictions were served at Winslow - where he served 6 yrs. -- but it has been so long, forgot quite a bit. If you have any questions, just let me know -- not sure what else I am supposed to post...

melbo
06-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Nikki, welcome to PTO, and the Arizona Forum! Graet intro, feel free to look around the Az Forum, you never know when you will be able to provide another member information! If you ever need anything feel free to PM me anytime!

Once again Welcome!

Mel

rlreed3
06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi my name Rusty. My husband is in Florence Eyman complex, Rynning unit for now, with a possible move to Lewis.

Dale'sforever
06-12-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi Rusty, welcome to PTO!! :)

Dale'sforever
07-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum :)

J.R.H.WIFE
07-27-2005, 11:10 PM
hello everyone !Im so glad there is a site like this! M y name is Franceen. i live in Chino Valley AZ. My husband is in tucson in the Manazita unit.he has a 5 year sentence with 4 years left.he left me with a son to raise on my own till he gets out which is hard .i some how manage to go down to tucson everyweekend to see him. i hope to meet some of you ladies one day .i think the support would be awsome.thanks

Aimee1
07-27-2005, 11:35 PM
welcome JRH wife!! how far is Chino valley from tucson?? :confused: we are glad you are here on PTO and in the AZ forum. :wave:

Dale'sforever
07-28-2005, 12:16 AM
Hi Franceen! Welcome to the AZ forum...glad to have you here with us! :)

swtsoul1
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi everyone...I live in Texas and my friend of 4 and a half years has recently been transferred from up north to Arizona...even though it is much, much closer for us and I have actually gotten to go and visit him (after writing all those years)...it is still an 11 hour drive...so I most likely won't make it out there much...he is in Florence...at SMU1 right now...waiting and hoping for a possible transfer to a level 4...although according to him, that would put him farther away...that's okay though because it was a 30 hour drive to "Yankeeland" so I will take 15 or 16 anyday...anyway...we are trying to get back in sync and get used to the new place all at the same time...I look forward to talking with you guys...

Dale'sforever
08-12-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi swtsoul1, welcome to the Arizona forum! :)

melbo
08-12-2005, 07:28 PM
Welcome to PTO swtsoul1 !!!

schase3
08-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Hi!! My name is Snow and my boyfriend is on a 25-life at ASPC-Lewis/Buckley. We're both pretty young, so I find it comforting hearing some of the posts of the women who have been through this ordeal already. I actually live in Wisconsin, but plan on moving to Arizona to be closer to the prison in the next few years after I finish college. It's nice to meet you all and I really appreciate the kind words I've already received since on PTO... :o

Dale'sforever
08-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Hi Snow, :wave: We're so glad to have you here! :)

Aimee1
08-20-2005, 09:19 PM
Hi!! My name is Snow and my boyfriend is on a 25-life at ASPC-Lewis/Buckley. We're both pretty young, so I find it comforting hearing some of the posts of the women who have been through this ordeal already. I actually live in Wisconsin, but plan on moving to Arizona to be closer to the prison in the next few years after I finish college. It's nice to meet you all and I really appreciate the kind words I've already received since on PTO... :o

welcome to pto. :) :wave:

tlandrade
08-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Terri, my husband Mundo is in Pinal Co Sheriff ADF right now. Don't know where he's going to end up since he has not been convicted of anything yet. We're working with a "Pubic Defender" so who knows what will happen. This is my second time of going throught this with him. He was in jail on a parole violation for 7 months last year. I was pregnant and had to have our son without him. I hope this is the last time we do this.
Glad I found this forum though. Have met some really nice people so far.

Dale'sforever
08-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi Terri, we're glad to have you here! :)

tlandrade
08-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Thank you! :)

MarksWife
08-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Hi my name is Amber. My husband Mark is in ASPC Globe. Hes down till 6/5/2008. Ive been here all my life. His troubles were the result of running and gunning as he calls it, before we met. He's only been down 2 1/2 months now, so im still a little lost on how to make it through this, but i know PTO has helped alot! Thanks guys!
Amber

melbo
08-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey there Amber...nice to see you in the AZ Forum:D

Dale'sforever
08-22-2005, 08:50 PM
Hi Amber, welcome to the AZ forum! :)

MarksWife
08-25-2005, 12:27 AM
Arizona Ladies,
Just wanted to get this out and wasnt sure where to put it HB2320 should come up again this session for review. this is the one that reduces time served from 85% to 65%. Legislator Tully is the sponsor. Email Him stully@azleg.state.az.us (stully@azleg.state.az.us) ask him at least these questions: I would like to know why the bill did not pass, what I can do to help, if you could send me the interim committee report, if applicable, and if you are going to reintroduce this bill. Maybe if enough of us do it theyll notice and send our men home early!

Starshaped
08-25-2005, 05:34 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Martina and I am from Germany. I am 24 and my boyfriend is at ASPC Tucson. We have only been writing each other for 4 months now but I am glad I found him and also can finally share experiences with people who can actually understand me:) !

Aimee1
08-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Arizona Ladies,
Just wanted to get this out and wasnt sure where to put it HB2320 should come up again this session for review. this is the one that reduces time served from 85% to 65%. Legislator Tully is the sponsor. Email Him stully@azleg.state.az.us (stully@azleg.state.az.us) ask him at least these questions: I would like to know why the bill did not pass, what I can do to help, if you could send me the interim committee report, if applicable, and if you are going to reintroduce this bill. Maybe if enough of us do it theyll notice and send our men home early!

thats such great info, thanks for sharing it with us. :)

Aimee1
08-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Hey everyone! My name is Martina and I am from Germany. I am 24 and my boyfriend is at ASPC Tucson. We have only been writing each other for 4 months now but I am glad I found him and also can finally share experiences with people who can actually understand me:) !

welcome az pumpkin! :wave: we are glad youre here. PM me anytime if you need help with anything. :)

Starshaped
08-26-2005, 01:00 AM
welcome az pumpkin! :wave: we are glad youre here. PM me anytime if you need help with anything. :)
Thank you AngelBaby :) I surely will do that:D

I am Limey
09-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Hi I'm Limey and a CO on a Tucson yard. I have been around PTO for about a year and just haven't checked in. I started "lurking" for info that we don't get from DOC and then started posting after I realized that you all don't bite. I feel that those I supervise have already been judged and I don't need to go further, I only need to correct them in their present, (prison), behavior. I would like to say to those of you that have to travel any distance to visit, it's so sad with this present turmoil and the sky high gas prices, try to get together and car pool. Can't someone start a thread that can do that? I feel for you all as you didn't do the deed but have to suffer with them...........Limey

melbo
09-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Hello all:wave: ...my name is Melissa otherwise known as Melbo. I live in the great state of Texas. I have two wonderful children ages 4 and 14. I work as a Survey Supervisor Assistant as well as work at a car dealership doing taxes.

I met my husband almost 2 years ago thru his sister. Basically we started out as pen pals and from there our relationship grew into something more. On December 15th 2004 we got married:D . Currently my husband is in a private Facility out of state, awaiting to be transferred back to Arizona. My husband has been incarcerated since 2000 and will be released in August of 2008.

While doing a online search about Arizona Prisons I came across this wonderful site:thumbsup: . I became a member of PTO back in April of 2004 and became a Forum Leader in March 2005. Currently I am a Forum Leader in the following Forums( Arizona , The PTO Lounge and How To Do It Yourself). I enjoy being a part of this wonderful community. I don't think I could of made it thru this trying time without the love and support of the members as well as staff. I am truly blessed to have found this site and to have formed the lifetime friendships that I have.

If there is anything I can ever do please feel free to contact me anytime.

Take care everyone and as always stay positive!

((Hugs))

Mel

rebswar
10-03-2005, 03:24 PM
Hello everyone, my name is rebecca and my man is rick he has been in the buckley unit at lewis for 3 years we have 16 months to go and in november we are hoping to get reclassed out of the 4 yard. we are wanting the tucson yard . we have a set of 3 year old twins and i had to move to ohio to stay with my parents . i fly to phoenix about every 6 weeks to see him and he has no idea when i will be there. anyway glad i have a place to go and chat with people in my shoes. i'm glad there are other people out their willing to keep the LOVE alive for our loved ones. i'm thankful for PTO to have a place for us to hang in...........thanks rebecca

Dale'sforever
10-03-2005, 06:30 PM
Hi Rebecca, welcome to the Arizona forum!! :)

chapz444
10-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Hello all, my name is Gayle. My son, Joshua is in Winslow, Apache Unit. He will be there until 2007. Although I love my son, I do not feel like most of you do. I believe my son deserves the punishment he got, and needs to pay for his crime. If anyone would have done to my family what alot of these inmates have done, I would want justice also. I believe this website is a good tool for those who are alone and coping with the everyday life of kids, home, and work. I pray everyones loved ones are safe and will one day lead productive and happy lives.

melbo
10-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Hello Gayle...welcome to PTO and the AZ Forum...glad to have you here!

NJNancymae
10-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Greetings everyone. My fiance, Eric, is currently incarcerated in the Tucson Rincon Unit. He was just transferred there from Florence, Central Unit so at least now he is on an open yard. I am really grateful to have found the PTO and especially this Arizona Forum. I am looking forward to sharing with others who have inmates in the AZ DOC. It is a great support system for those of us who are also doing time .... as long as our men (or children) are doing it.

NJNancy Mae :yes:

Dale'sforever
10-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi Gayle and Nancy Mae, welcome to the Arizona forum...we're glad to have you here!! :)

Lady_Angel
10-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi, my name is Beth. My boyfriend was sentenced today to 1 year. In a way it was a good, but not easy to hear. He violated probation after 3 mo was reinstated on IPS, in less that 2 months and 20+ violations later... he went back about 2 months ago. What is next? How long tell he gets to Alhambra and with 85% his lawyer said after time served he will only do 4 months... will he even hit a yard?

This whole thing has been tough - this last round out he haf made so any promises but after his first few violations turned sooo cruel to me. Recently a friend indicated he had told them 'why can't she see I am no good for her' - yet he says he loves me.... and wants together forever. Have any of you been in the middle of his 'loves you so much your better off' and 'never wants to be without you' - I feel he tried to push me away but loves me too much to actually say go... cuz he does not really want to lose me... but the cruelness was BAD, hurt so deeply.

I want off this roller coaster ride, but finally we have light at the end of our tunnel! :)

melbo
10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Welcome to PTO and the AZ Forum Beth....glad to have you here!

California_Girl
10-13-2005, 05:28 AM
Hey, My best-friend just got sent to ASPC-Tucson, Florence, Az. I am in CA "The OC" He violated he probation by dating ME becasue he is an SO and I had younger children at the time, his God-children, that was in 4/2000 just after my birthday and a few days before Easter. He has only Offended (SO) once the violations have been attempts to see his daighter, spending time with his nieces and Nephews, not alone and lastly dating me, We met in 1983 and became friends and have been so since 1984. In 1998 we began dating. His outdate is scheduled for 2/2009 so we have just over 3 years left. boy have we come along way. I haven't seen him since 6/2005.Florence was too out of the way but now that he is in Tucson I can take Amtrak round trip from Los Angeles for $70/....Cheaper than anything else I have seen. It will be a Great New year this year! Caramarie

Dale'sforever
10-13-2005, 12:03 PM
Hi, welcome to the Arizona forum...we're glad to have you here!! :)

Aimee1
10-13-2005, 03:37 PM
boy have we come along way. I haven't seen him since 6/2005.Florence was too out of the way but now that he is in Tucson I can take Amtrak round trip from Los Angeles for $70/....Cheaper than anything else I have seen. It will be a Great New year this year! Caramarie

welcome! what a story. Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with the timing issue. Good luck! :)

Ruddsgrl1
10-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Hi I am Wendy my man of 1 1/2 years is in Florence he was recently moved from Tucson unit about 2 months ago now. It has been 2 weeks since I have seen him because I recently got sick but I hope to see him soon I Love and Miss him a lot! I wish every day he was home because life would be easier with him helping me out. He knows he can trust me, and that I love him with all my heart and would do anything in the world for him which I have proven half a dozen times as it is. He only has 13 more months though then he he is HOME!!!!!

Aimee1
10-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi Wendy! thanks for introducing yourself here. Sounds like you two are very happy. :)

Dale'sforever
10-14-2005, 12:58 AM
Hi Wendy, welcome to the Arizona forum...we're glad to have you here! :)

Michael'sgal
10-16-2005, 12:52 PM
Hello everyone. I'm Diane and my husband of almost two months is back in county hell for parole violation and is now facing a drug charge (possesion of rx meds). While he's in jail, awaiting court, I virtually have no social life, except for work (I'm a bit twisted). He may get revoked in Texas if he's extradited due to this new charge. He's been extradited once before and once before has been let free because Texas didn't come for him. Yes, he's habitual and everytime, it's been alcohol related. He swears he's no longer going to drink because he's tired of being in jail. We'll see, I dare to hope it happens. I know he means it, but as it goes with alcoholics, they are addicts. I love him and married him despite his baggage. He has so much potential and I never believed in soulmates until I met Michael. I do feel lucky to have married this sexy, talented and handsome felon, I mean, fellow.:)

The first time he got lock up, he was sent to Texas and I didn't see him for 6 months. I got so depressed, I lost 15 lbs. Great for my figure, bad for my emotional state. This time around, I'm trying to not let the depression set in, and I'm also trying to stay active so that I can stay in shape. Anyway, I live in East Phoenix and would love to hear from other women in the area who enjoy hiking the nearby trails. The weather perfect and I have lots of free time but don't really like doing it alone, but will do what I have to do.

I'm sooooo glad this site is here. It feels good to unload like this. Whew!!

Thanks

Erin34
10-16-2005, 09:40 PM
Hi.
Just wanted to say that I'm Erin. My friend is at Florence. This is all new to me, but feel good about making a connection to others that are in the same boat.
:)

Aimee1
10-17-2005, 01:04 AM
Hi Diana and Erin! we are glad to have you both here. pm me if either of you need anything. :)

melbo
10-17-2005, 06:55 AM
Hi Diane and Erin...welcome to PTO and the Arizona Forum glad to see you here!

KBinAZ
10-26-2005, 04:37 PM
Hi, my husband of 13 years is currently serving a 6 year sentence for a DUI. We have a 4 year old child together. I don't have a lot of friends and really noone knows about my situation and I have decided I would like to change that. I would love to find someone who is in a similar situation. I live in Phoenix, have a good job and am fairly independent, but find raising a child with the father in prison a challenge. Please PM if you would like to get in touch with me. Thanks.

pixie78_00
10-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Hello E/everyone. I live in Tucson and my husband was sent to Florence. Was sentenced to 8 years but have an appeal going. Im more of a pessimist so im not counting on the appeal happening. But i am 26, have a almost 2 year old boy and it is very very hard rasing him by myself. I dont have any relatives or friends in town so im its even harder. But i survive day by day. And i know im not alone, if anyone cares to talk dont hesitate to send me a line or two.

melbo
10-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Welcome KB and Pixie to the AZ Forum!!!

Dale'sforever
10-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Hi KB and Pixie :wave:, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum...glad to have you here!! :)

Lady_Angel
11-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi -

My soulmate, bestfriend and man of my dreams just got sent to Douglas, we have not heard from him yet... is there a way to speed the visitation process paperwork? I live in Casa Grande (near florence) and will be going to get his property from county tomorrow. Can Ii go to the Florence prison and get a form to not have to wait on the one from him? I miss him sooo much. Also, with visits on Sat/Sun - can I see him both days? We are not new to county jail... but very new to the prison thing... he should only do 3-4 months (thank goodness), but one day is too long... ya know?

melbo
11-07-2005, 07:14 PM
Welcome to PTO and the AZ Forum Beth...glad to have you here!

aztigger09
11-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi all...my name is Kristen, I'm from Glendale, AZ. I have a very close "friend" that is in Florence. I've known him for about 11 years, he was arrested about 2 years after we first met. In that 2 years time we became very close friends, we kinda looked out for each other. We have kept in touch on and off over the years (9 years). This past June we began to write each other again...and our "friendship" is stronger now then it has ever been. After 9 years I finally made the trip to go see him! I can't get over how different he looks...:D

Dale'sforever
11-17-2005, 11:43 PM
Hi Kristen, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum! Glad to have you here and hope to see more of you! :)

TNT's Angel
12-30-2005, 08:15 AM
Hello, My name is Connie.
I live in California, I'm glad I found PTO. I found my cousin in prison, while searching for information on my soulmate. This is the first time I ever been through this, I've viewed a lot of messages and would be proud to be a part of this community.

Dale'sforever
12-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi Connie, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! :)

farmboyhere
12-30-2005, 11:36 AM
My name is Dan. I am new to computers, so bear with me. I live in Nebraska. Did live in Tucson. So many questions. Niece at Perryville. Does anyone know if they have access to e-mail there?

Dale'sforever
12-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Hi Dan, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! :) Unfortunately, they don't have any type of access to the computer or email. Let us know if you have any more questions and we'll do our best to help. ;)

Mischell
01-23-2006, 09:07 PM
My name is Mischell and my son is just starting a four and a half year sentence at the graham unit in safford.

Dale'sforever
01-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Hi Mischell, welcome to the Arizona forum...we're glad to have you here!! :)

jojo3072
01-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi my name is Joann and my ex-boyfriend who also happens to be my best friend is incarcerated in Phoenix-West. He has been sentenced to 3 1/2 years . I am pretty much his only support system out here. Even though we broke up before his incarceration we remained good friends and I write him everyday. This site is very helpful and I appreciate all of you.

Aimee1
01-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Hi Joann, welcome to the Az forum! We are glad you found us. :wave:

bgoody's girl
01-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Jenn. I've lived in Phoenix all my life. My man is in Yuma and he will be there for several more years. It would be nice to have a carpool buddy so if anyone is interested let me know.

Dale'sforever
01-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi Jenn, welcome to the Arizona forum and to PTO!! You may want to post a thread mentioning that you are looking for a carpool buddy so more people will see it that way. If you need any help, let me know. :)

DevineMissK
01-28-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm Kylee, I live in Australia - and have a penpal in Yuma.
Just finding my way around....

sweetiehml
02-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Hello everyone. I have a friend who is in Florence-the Cook unit. He will be there for about 13 more months. I miss him dearly and love him. I write him almost everyday or definately every other day. I have known him for about 15 months now. Met him at school. I was in a bad relationship at that time and he tried hooking up with me, but I wasn't ready to move on and leave my ghetto ex. But we always remained friends and did more than just "friends" activities... He tells me he loves me, but is not in love with me now. Whatever that means! Maybe he fears that I will not be true to him while he is locked up, not sure. Maybe he isn't really in love with me. I just don't know why he told me that in the first place then or why he wanted to hang out with me... I don't get guys! But, I know I really do love this man. I will settle for being his friend though. I get depressed not having him around and don't have any "true" friends. So, hopefully I will meet some cool people here.

Dale'sforever
02-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Hi there, welcome to PTO and to the Arizona forum! Glad to have you here with us! :)

yoadriane
02-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi my name is Adriane and i do have quite a bit of friends in the system but the one that is special to my heart is in SMU 1 in Florence, Az. and is down for 42years. We meet as children and spent the last 10 years writing and visiting.

Dale'sforever
02-24-2006, 11:13 PM
Hi Adriane :wave:, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum! We are glad to have you here with us! :) Lisa

mia442
03-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Hi everyone,
I am new to the site, thought I might find new info. on az. reform. lol
I have a fiance in kingman private prison.
Mia442

Aimee1
03-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi Mia. :wave: Welcome to PTO and the AZ forum. :) There isnt much AZ prison reform going on, :rolleyes: lol but we are all here to support each other! :grouphug:

Aimee

fugitiveofNY
04-17-2006, 10:22 PM
Hey girls my name is Pam and I just wanted to stop in & say hi to all of you from AZ. I just moved to Ohio from AZ to be closer to my b/f who was extradited to New York. He had a 15 year old charge and is now facing 8-25 years. He was everything to me he saved my life so now I am broken hearted,homesick and not having a very good day.Thanks for listening PTO is the best!! Soak up some of those UV rays for me!!:cool:

mrs.battsiii
05-20-2006, 05:52 AM
hi az. just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the interstate compact? my guy is in va and i am in az and we will be looking to get him transferred here when he makes parole.

other than that- take care and i'll check in every now and then.

Aimee1
05-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi Mrs. Battsiii,

welcome to pto! If you post a thread in the regular AZ forum with your questions, hopefully someone can help you out! :)

whorington
05-22-2006, 02:13 AM
I've never even known anyone to go to jail before, let alone prison until a year ago when I met my now fiance, Jesse. He had done 7 years in Federal and had been out a year when we met. All was well until he violated his parole in January and was sentenced to 9 1/2 months. He is finishing up his days in FCI Safford. He's the love of my life and I never thought I'd find someone so wonderful. I have been struggling financially to keep money on his books and support myself thru school and after my car was stolen (I didn't have full coverage) 2 months ago, I haven't been able to visit at all. I am looking for anyone who lives in the Tucson area who visits FCI Safford who would consider taking me with them. It would be most appreciated and I can pay for travel expenses. Thank you, and I wish every member, and their loved ones the very best.

Elle

EMC
05-25-2006, 04:10 AM
Hi, everyone. My name is Kristie, and I live in AZ. My love was sentenced in January of this year to 3 and a half years. He has to serve 85% of his sentence. He was placed in AZSP Winslow, so I am very happy that it doesn't cost too much to visit. We have an 8 year old daughter together and it' been...........hard.............adjusting to him being gone. I just thought I would introduce myself and say hello. Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Dale'sforever
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Elle and Kristie, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! We are glad to have you here with us!! :) Lisa

NJNancymae
05-25-2006, 03:45 PM
Welcome to the AZ Forum Elle and Kristie. It is always nice to see new members. :grouphug: Maybe one of these days we can get a real dialogue going with the AZ forum if everyone is up for it. (Especially about the letter writing campaign to Dora Schriro about being able to send our loved ones "packages of food" at holiday time. We really need to rally on that one as time is slowly running out...) :yes: :yes:

Nonetheless, we are all here to hear each other and support each other dealing with the issues of the AZ DOC. :grouphug:

Lord knows I am dealing with more than a few RIGHT now. :blah: LOL

Again welcome.
OH HELL YEAH!!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:
(STILL LOVING THIS LIL DUDE)

Dannysmama
05-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Linda & my son is at Wasco State Prison in CA. He was just transferred there from Orange Co jail. I was looking for any information about Wasco & about Restitution Center when I found this site. I have never had anybody in jail or prison before, so I know nothing about it. I am very scared for my son, but with everyone's help I feel better today than I did yesterday. My son is supposed to be at Wasco for 30 days & then be transferred to Restitution Center for the remainder of his time. He was sentenced for 3 years, but according to his attorney & the DA he will only do about a year. That is long enough. I miss him so much. He's not a bad person, he just did something really stupid. My husband & I live in AZ. We have 4 other grown children & they have never been in trouble. This is hard for them too. Well, again thanks for everyone's kindness & help.
Linda

Dale'sforever
05-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi Linda, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! We are glad to have you here!! :) Lisa

Aimee1
05-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Welcome Linda, we are glad you found us. :)

brookis
05-27-2006, 11:27 PM
Hi, my name is Brooke, and my fiance has been in CYA in Stockton CA for almost 2 years. I just moved out to AZ. We have a 2 1/2 year old daughter and we just found out that he will be going for parole in a few weeks to come home! I have no idea how this site works and am still trying to figure out the details.

NJNancymae
06-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Greetings everyone. This is just an update. I was going through these intros and getting current. I though .... geez, I want everyone to know that Eric and I became Mr. and Mrs. this past Feb 1. I know a lot of our members here already know it but sometimes, well,heck, I just want to shout it out to the world. I love that man!! :D

OH HELL YEAH!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Greetings everyone. My fiance, Eric, is currently incarcerated in the Tucson Rincon Unit. He was just transferred there from Florence, Central Unit so at least now he is on an open yard. I am really grateful to have found the PTO and especially this Arizona Forum. I am looking forward to sharing with others who have inmates in the AZ DOC. It is a great support system for those of us who are also doing time .... as long as our men (or children) are doing it.

NJNancy Mae :yes:

irishcb
06-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi,
My name is cheryl. My son Josh (24) just was taken yesterday to holding waiting on sentencing on 7/7 and then off to intake to find out which prison he will be assigned to.
I am thankful to find support and answers to my questions.

Aimee1
06-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi there Cheryl, welcome to PTO and the AZ forum. We are so glad you found us. :) I grew up in Chandler. :)

Aimee

ljsmiley1
07-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Hello,
I have so much reading to catch up on and am looking forward to learning what will be most helpful for both my son and my family (me included!).

Thanks much,
LJ

Aimee1
07-02-2006, 10:06 PM
Hello,
I have so much reading to catch up on and am looking forward to learning what will be most helpful for both my son and my family (me included!).

Thanks much,
LJ

Welcome to PTO! :)

Aimee

hesnotathome
07-03-2006, 09:56 PM
My husband is currently in Lower Buckeye jail waiting to be sentenced next month. My little kids and I are on day 5. He is going to be a guest of the state for at least 2 years for an aggravated assault charge due to a DUI car accident (thank goodness, no one killed, unfortunately badly injured). Any advice would be appreciated

Dale'sforever
07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
Hi there, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! :) Lisa

Aimee1
07-04-2006, 12:53 AM
My husband is currently in Lower Buckeye jail waiting to be sentenced next month. My little kids and I are on day 5. He is going to be a guest of the state for at least 2 years for an aggravated assault charge due to a DUI car accident (thank goodness, no one killed, unfortunately badly injured). Any advice would be appreciated

Hi there, welcome to PTO and the AZ forum. You will find love and support here, 24/7. :grouphug:

Aimee

Ginger2009
07-04-2006, 03:30 AM
:wave: Hi Hesnotathome :D
Ginger

kaysha
07-18-2006, 05:09 AM
Hello everyone
I don't live in Arizona but I have a special friend who is AZ, he has another 7 years to go and the time can't come quick enough for me - and him! I live in the UK so of course I am not able to see him. That is why I am forever on here! Trying to find out what life is like for him and to share feelings with everyone else on here. This is a great place to be, where everyone is friendly and helpful. Lovely to meet you all.

Aimee1
07-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome Kaysha. We are happy to have you here! :D

Sable566
08-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Hi my name is Sable (Suzanne). I have a friend at Eyman/SMU II. I live in Virginia and this is my first experience with the prison system. The information on the net is vast and very inconsistant so I was happy to find this forum. You all seem like nice people and you do seem to help people who are confused and sometimes a little lost. Keep up the good work and I look forward to joining some of your discussions and I will be glad to help in any way I can.

Dale'sforever
08-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi Suzanne :wave:, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum...we are glad to have you here with us!! :) Lisa

Aimee1
08-05-2006, 01:12 AM
Welcome to PTO, Sable566. :)

ospennylane8105
08-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Hey,
my name is Diana, I'm 24 years old. I'm not from Arizona but I have a connection to Arizona. My dear friend is in Eyman and a pen pal of mine is in Prison in Arizona as well.

Dale'sforever
08-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Hi Diana :wave:, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum...glad to have you here!! :) Lisa

crazyinAZ
08-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Hello everyone...:wave: I am new here to PTO... actually I signed up about a year ago and never posted because somehow I guess I didnt do it right 'lol'
I have a son in prison up in Florence AZ, he has been in for almost 2 years now.
Hello Lisa and Aimee :) I made it here :p
Looking forward to getting to know everyone

darla

Dale'sforever
08-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Welcome Darla! :D I'm so glad to see you here!! :yes: Lisa

Ginger2009
08-11-2006, 09:08 AM
:wave:Hi Darla and Welcome :thumbsup:

Aimee1
08-13-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Darla! :wave: :D

mrenae76
08-20-2006, 02:34 AM
Hi, My name is Michelle.. I live in the east valley and my husband was recently moved to Tucson from Douglas, so it's a much shorter drive for me.. He gets out on September the 12th.. Yeah!!!... Anyways, I have 3 kids and he has been in for 4 years.. I can't wait....

Ginger2009
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
:wave: Hi Michelle and Welcome :) Pretty soon he will be home :clap: Congrats:thumbsup:

Azalea
08-30-2006, 10:22 AM
Hello! Azalea here and I live in Tucson, Arizona. My significant other just left Alhambra reception in Phoenix and has been sent to Eyman during the early part of this week. He was in county jail since April of this year and although he is only doing a short sentence, it has felt like it is forever...

I'm glad I found this site. Everyone has been friendly and perhaps I can actually find local people to talk to. I am still weirded out from my new found reality and I have found that I have lost a lot of friends, have had family turn on me and I am feeling like I have been charged for a crime as well. I don't know... Been trying to handle this in a sane way, but since his lock up, I have had all sorts of people (strangers and friends) treat me differently.... Its been real.:mad:

Dale'sforever
08-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Arizona forum, Michelle and Azalea!! :)

BabySyndra
09-02-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi everyone! I'm new to this, but hoping that everything comes out on a positive note. :) I live in Arizona for 17 years now, moved from Connecticut when I was around 12/13 years old. So I know how it is in Arizona, just about. My boyfriend is in ASPC Lewis - Stiner (Blue) and gets out on the 29th of October. Hopefully there are no holds, for him. Hoping that they fix the phone problem soon, too. It is great to be a part of the PTO. God Bless you all. :)

Aimee1
09-06-2006, 11:39 PM
Welcome to PTO, BabySyndra! :)

chary
09-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Welcome to PTO Sandra this is the help we ALL need. Keep your faith.
Chary

shearsheila
09-16-2006, 06:52 AM
Hi
I am new here..I live in Indiana but my boyfriend is in Buckeye Lewis Stiner Red waiting to get moved to Yuma. Glad to have found this site. It has been very helpful.

B'sgirlinaz
09-16-2006, 09:56 AM
hi everyone! i too am in phx,az. i've lived here for about 12-13 yrs now. i am also new to this "life" of dealing with prison,having my love in prison,and all that goes with it. :(
i too at times feel that i am going insane from all the B#@L S*&T!!! and the feeling of loneliness is sometimes very overwhelming. i am very grateful to have found PTO, everyone has been so warm & generous w/their knowledge and this site definately helps me to get through the dark times through the network of love and support given and shared through all of you wonderful people. i hope to be able to meet w/some of you all in person someday (soon,i hope). as it is true that the 'friends' that i know now do not understand or can give the support that's needed at times like those who have/or are going through the same kind of experiences like myself as PTO members are able to. Wow, sorry, :) again,thank you all for being the beautiful beings that you are!!!

Ginger2009
09-16-2006, 01:43 PM
:wave:Hello Azalea and Babysyndra and chary and Shearsheila and B'girlinaz all of you Welcome :thumbsup:

Dale'sforever
09-16-2006, 07:15 PM
Welcome to all of our new Arizona members!! :)

shearsheila
09-17-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi I am soo new at this..I am going crazy my boyfriend called last Sunday and the call got disconnected he couldn't call back cause it was our 4th call..then he called on Monday and we got disconnected again. Now I haven't gotten a call since then. I am going crazy with worry. Thanks...I just needed to vent to someone who understands

BabySyndra
09-17-2006, 09:18 AM
:wave:Hello Azalea and Babysyndra and chary and Shearsheila and B'girlinaz all of you Welcome :thumbsup:

Thank you, Ginger2009. Nice to meet you on PTO too. :)

~* Heidi *~

BabySyndra
09-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Welcome to PTO, BabySyndra! :)

Aimee1!! Thank you and it's nice to meet you on PTO, too. :) :thumbsup:

~* Heidi *~

BabySyndra
09-17-2006, 09:21 AM
Welcome to PTO Sandra this is the help we ALL need. Keep your faith.
Chary

Hi Chary, thanks and nice to meet you too. It's Syndra, but you can call me Heidi. :) :thumbsup: Nice to know you and meet you on PTO, too. God bless.. and have a good one.

~* Heidi *~

TerriB
09-17-2006, 10:20 AM
Hi and welcome to PTO, know that here you are NEVER alone as we are here for you 24/7 - 365 ...

Granted we aren't close enough to hold you when the tears come falling down but we are here to support you, listen to your fears, cheers, stories and anything else you want to give us.

WE ARE FAMILY, FRIENDS here at PTO and you just joined the biggest family on the net!! Welcome!

bgirl42
09-20-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi everyone, i am so happy i found this website, it is actually helping me keep my sanity at times. My boyfriend just got sent to ASPC Eyman unit, he has been there for a month so i still cant talk to him or go see him yet. I write him almost everyday & he does write me back but in his last letter he sounded so depressed, i am so sad & scared that he will just give up. He got 5 yrs:( I dont know how to handle this, i am so sad, scared & lonley with horrible attacks of anxiety. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks for listening, susie

Dale'sforever
09-21-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi Susie, welcome to PTO and the Arizona forum!! :)

WithAnAttitude
10-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I am not sure how often this is read - it seems like a long time since anyone has posted on the intro site.

I was released from Perryville 8/24 after a 2.5 stretch after being sentenced to 3 years for DUI. Transition is difficult from prison life to the 'real' world.

I live in a halfway house and there are some days I wish I was still inside. There are more rules here than there was on the inside.

Anyway I met a guy I fell in love with and he was just sent back to Alhambra today, he is a PVT and I am not certain if they will go ahead and send him to prison because he only has 64 more days to kill his number.

I feel so lost without him - I can't even truly explain it. It's going to be tough but I plan on being down for him no matter what - it's hard to be there on the inside and think that everyone has left you.....

Anyway thanks for letting me be here and I hope that I can learn from those of you dealing with loved ones inside and be able to be there for him as much as possible and as much as he will let me.

magixcherry
10-05-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi KJ, I understand exactly where you are coming from... I was released from Perryville myself (3 years ago) and have been waiting... My husband (we just got married "inside" in February) is due to be released next week after being locked up for 5 years... I am so excited and nervous I almost can't stand myself. Keep your head up and things will happen. I also had a hard time in that transition period. It seems it's harder for a woman to find a job, no one wants to hire you. Men can always do construction but it's limited for women. I work for the State - FYI, they don't discriminate and hire felons... Just go to the state website and they list all jobs and requirements needed. It's an awesome place to work, here's the website azstatejobs.gov... Good luck.

WithAnAttitude
10-08-2006, 01:36 AM
I sent two cards - one funny and one serious - to him on Thursday. I'm sure he wasnt expecting them because he told me I didnt have to write but duh of course I have to write - I know what it's like with no mail. I just hope he was surprised - and touched....

We'll see what changes if any he decides he wants to make upon his release. Yes I know you can't change a man but I can't be with him if he is going to continue getting high. I'm trying to get my daughter back and that just won't fly....so the ball is in his court as I sit and wait

BillsThrill
10-11-2006, 01:39 PM
Hi I live in Laveen, Arizona and am completely new to this forum stuff. IGuess I never really had to search for something with passion before. Until now. My boyfriend was just locked up in Winslow/Apache for 2.5 years. Sent in the Visitor Application but am still waiting for word that I can go see him. All I can say, I am feeling some emotions I have never felt before. Anyway, I am really glad this site is here cause I have definately learned alot from it. Thanks So Much!! :o

MIKESMISSPERFECT
10-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi I live in Laveen, Arizona and am completely new to this forum stuff. IGuess I never really had to search for something with passion before. Until now. My boyfriend was just locked up in Winslow/Apache for 2.5 years. Sent in the Visitor Application but am still waiting for word that I can go see him. All I can say, I am feeling some emotions I have never felt before. Anyway, I am really glad this site is here cause I have definately learned alot from it. Thanks So Much!! :o
WELL HANG IN THERE...... THE WORST IS THE WAIT TO BE APPROVED. IT TOOK 2 1/2 MONTHS FOR ME TO BE APPROVED. HOPEFULLY THE PRISON WHERE YOUR MAN IS AT IS ALOT FASTER THAN THAT

flower shop girl
10-27-2006, 01:54 PM
HI GO BY fLOWER SHOP GIRL, ON THE hdsp FORUM. i WANTED TO CHAT WITH THOSE IN az FIRST OF ALL BECAUSE i LIVE IN pHOENIX, SECONDLY mY bOY FRIEND IS IN hIGH dESERT sTATE pRISON, iN CALIFORNIA THE GOVENOR HAS BEEN WORKING ON MOVING INMATES BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF BEDS. iT'S A WONDER AND AN OVERWHELMING FEELING WHAT GOES ON BEHIND THOSE WALLS ACCROSS THE COUNTRY. aNYWAY IF THERE IS A CHANCE i AM HOPING HE CAN MOVE CLOSE TO ME SINCE HE IS OVER A 1000 MILES AWAY. aNY THOUGHTS OF WHICH PRISONS HERE THAT ARE KNOWN TO BE BETTER THAN OPTHERS? kIND OF CONTRADICTORY, bUT MAY BE HELPFULL FOR HIM. i KNOW THAT AZ. WILL BE GETTING OVER $22 MILLION TO HAVE INMATES MOVED TO OUR FARE STATE.
HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU
FLOWER

Dale'sforever
10-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Welcome to our new members!! :)

opalznsilver
11-01-2006, 03:44 AM
Hi, my man is in Lewis-Stiner. He just got moved their pending an investigation. I'm new to PTO. I just found you all about a month ago. I'm in Tucson. My man is in til 2012. I need you gals out there for support, hope, encouragement. Thanks for being here.

Stace

Tre's Treasure
11-08-2006, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone, my love has been in SMU in Eyman forthe past 9 months he is now in Yuma county waiting sentencing on some other charges, We are 2 and 1/2 years into an 8 year sentence. This is my first experience with all this so it is sometime overwhelming that is why I am here.

Tre's Treasure
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Hello,

My name is Bret. I live in Tucson, AZ.

I had browsed the net, and saw that my ex-girlfriend had recently started a 2 year prison sentence. I wrote her, offering myself as a pen pal if she would be interested. We have been writing for almost five months, and I went to see her today. She is in the Santa Cruz unit of Perryville

I knew I was falling for her, but I didn't understand how much until today. I felt as though we belong together, and I have been in emotional pain ever sice we parted about 10 hours ago. We have agreed that we will get together upon her release, but that's not for another 13 months. :(

I came here because I guess I really need support from others who feel incomplete without their loved ones.
Hello Bret, boy can I relate, my love has been able to call only every other week or so for 2 years, these last 3 weeks he is in a county unit in Yuma awaiting sentencing on new charges, we talk on the phone several times a day.....needless to say I am head over heels.

darnshifter820
11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Hey my name is Alicia, my friend is in Douglas Papago unit. He has a one year sentence but will (hopefully) be released the day before Thanksgiving after serving 50 days. He had a ton of back time and very good behavior. Did you know that the Papago unit is a converted motel. He was saying that it looks just like a motel but with high fences electric fences, razor wire and a few CO's. Quite amusing.

cmq4ever
11-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Hi, I'm Christina and I stumbled on this forum last night unitentionally... by boyfriend and I have been together for 3 years and he is currently at ASPC Safford for a 1 1/2 years sentence, hopefully to be released by feb (ercd) with all his back time and such... just looking to chat with people that are in the same situation and not as judgemental as the rest of the world :)

Dale'sforever
11-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Welcome to all of our new members!! :)

MissinMyLove36
11-26-2006, 12:24 AM
My name is Melissa and I live in Tucson, AZ. My honey was sentenced to 5 years for a probation violation. He is now in Pecos, TX but soon to be coming back to AZ where he should be sent to the new facility out in Florence. I pray that he really is sent home by Christmas like everyone thinks they will be. I do not have a license right now, if there is anyone in Tucson that has a loved one up in Florence and would be willing to take me along when you go, I would be more than willing to help with gas expenses! :) And when I get my license back I will be more than willing to return the favor and drive!! I know how hard it is financially and emotionally, as I think we all do, and I would love to help others as much as I can! :D I am so madly and deeply in love with him...seeing him means more than anything to me and I would so appreciate a ride.

rushswife
12-05-2006, 03:05 PM
My name is Kristi. I live in Utah. My husband of 12 years was just sentanced to FCI Safford. He was sentanced to 15 months. (I know it could be a lot worse!) He is self surrendering on Dec 27th. I don't know the first thing about a federal prison. Any info you can give me on the conditions at Safford would be wonderful. I'm worried sick. We have 2 beautiful children, 7 & 8 years old. One boy and one girl. I am open to ANY suggestions on how to get through this. My daughter is going to have a really difficult time. We have told her that he will be going away for a while, but she doesn't quite understand yet. My son is autistic, so I really don't know what he does and doesn't understand. But I have tried to explain. Due to the circumstances, we are having to close the business we have ran together for the past 4 years. I feel like I am starting life again from scratch. Very overwhelming. I look forward to hearing from you. Kristi:o

Marc.PHX
01-10-2007, 01:59 AM
:wave: Hello everyone!

My name is Marc and I live in Mesa. This is a long thread and I am trying to get caught up with everyone here.

Not to sure where to start. My wife is currently in county (Estrella) waiting for sentencing in 3 weeks. She took a plea agreement for DOC. There is an 1.5 year presumptive sentence with a maximum of 2.5 years aggravated.

She plead guilty to (2) felony counts 'theft a credit card'. Both are class 5. She was on probation for a class 6 felony theft from 2003 and paying restitution.

The PD told me that more than likely the probation revocation will run concurrent - But no guarantee. The longest I have ever been without my wife was apprx 30 days (from prior). I feel so lost and devastated. Worried to no end.

opalznsilver
01-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Hello and welcome Marc. I know that what you are going through is very hard. I been in your situation and am still waiting for 5 more years until my man comes home.

I'm glad you found us on PTO and I think you will find being able to talk and just get it out on here does help.

Hang in there-Keep posting

Take care

Stacey