View Full Version : We had our first good visit!

yanigirl
09-23-2002, 07:49 AM
My son's father was recently transfered to Rikers Island and we went to visit him on Sunday. What a Madd House that place is. It was my first time going there and it is huge.It has been 3 weeks since our last visit and the both of us has had some time to cool off. Yesterday was the first time we have talked and actually listened to one another without arguing. He has communication problems and usually flies off the handle when we talk about our problems. I have been telling him for the past couple of weeks that he needs to learn to listen not fight all the time and take the defensive. I could tell yesterday that he was trying and he let me get off my chest everything that I feel about what has been going on the past couple of years. He said he wants to work it out and that he plans to tell the girl the truth which is that he has feelings for me and before he went away we were spending alot of time together. The months that we spent together were special to me because they were like the months when we just met no intamacy but a real friendship. Really getting to know eachother again. Spending time just us two and our baby. I was looking foward to us working things out and then he was arrested. Itold him that I know he is scared of being alone and wonderes if I can be there for him since we were not officially together. I told him that I would be there no matter what not because we are a couple but because he is my friend. Couples come and go but frienship last. Yesterday was the first time in along time that we joked and laughed together. We talked alot about our future. I love him alot despite what we have been through.

Meia
09-23-2002, 03:00 PM
Thats good...I had a good visit too.I went two see him for Saturday and Sunday....It was his birthday so I had to make it special because I usually only see him for one day.We laughed, talked I cried andti was just a good day.

jdswifey02
09-23-2002, 06:06 PM
Glad to hear (both of) you had a good visit!! :)

bella
09-23-2002, 09:53 PM
I visited My guy at Rikers earlier this year. Yes it's HUGE nad yes the process for the visit is long with the bus and all, but I ahve to say that even though you are in a cramed room with a bunch of other people for some reason it was really easy to zone everyone else out. Glad to hear that your visit went well, that he took the opportunity to listen to your feelings, and that you are trying to work things out.

gina
09-24-2002, 11:09 AM
Glad to hear things are seeming to improve Yani:)