View Full Version : Theo Lacy Facility (TLF) Q&A

RedHerring
03-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know how to set up to get calls from Orange County Jail. I have a friend there who hasn't been able to call anyone. When he tries the recording tells him that the numbers are blocked. How does he go about setting up numbers so he can call out?

Thanks,
Red

MYHBS4U
03-23-2007, 06:35 PM
You need to call the local phone company (at&t for OC unless using another provider) make sure there is no block on the phone. I had NO problems receiving calls from OCJ, or Theo Lacy, I only had problems getting them from the prison. Prisons in ca go throught MCI ONLY NO CHOICE.... BUT county is not like that. If you need more info PM me & I'll get it to you:thumbsup:

MrsBenji
04-05-2007, 08:13 PM
The county jail could be MCI, Global Tel Link, or CBS. If you're inclined enough, if you call the jail, they should be able to quickly and painlessly tell you who provides the phone service.

Jenn

jojosmamita
04-24-2007, 01:33 AM
my fiance said that my line was "blocked" when he first started calling too, but then i called CBS cause i just assumed they had his facility (theo lacy) and they did. i setup a prepaid account and he can call now.. good luck

Miss Medina
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
By any chance does anybody wanna do a rideshare to the county this weekend cause I don't have a car and he's getting transferred to prison on Tuesday and I wanna see him my last weekend if so please private message me and let me know.. I will go 1/2 on everything no problem.. Thanks Miss Medina

happy2
09-18-2007, 04:19 PM
hey did anybody hear about the lock down in OC Jail and Theo Lacy. i heard that they were on lockdown last weekend. no visits, calls or mail. man i sure hope it doesn't come our way.

bnabow
01-14-2008, 02:49 PM
This might sound like a stupid question, but is there a different name for going to the store at Theo Lacy? Would it be called, "the roof?" If not, what is "the roof" at Theo Lacy? Thanks!!!

otot
01-28-2008, 08:04 PM
My Brother Will Turn Himself In Next Week. He Should Go To Either Theo Lacy Or Main Jail In Orange County. Anyone Know What Reception They Are Going To??

I'm4U,U4Me
01-28-2008, 08:15 PM
Orange County goes to Wasco and Los Angeles county goes to Delano.

otot
01-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks. What About The Reception At Chino?? Who Goes There??

I'm4U,U4Me
01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I believe Orange County.

Thanks. What About The Reception At Chino?? Who Goes There??

otot
01-28-2008, 09:14 PM
So Orange County Can Also Go To Chino For Reception??

I'm4U,U4Me
01-29-2008, 12:07 AM
I am not to sure on that, my man always goes to Wasco.
So Orange County Can Also Go To Chino For Reception??

PT ROSE
01-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Chino Reception is usually for Parole Violaters.
Orange County also goes to Tehachapi.

Lostw/oJason
05-09-2008, 03:07 PM
My boyfriend has been at Wayside for two weeks and all I want for mother's day is to visit him.. I have money for gas but my car broke down. I am at a lost for words. I never imagined being in love with someone who would end up in jail but fate brought him to me and I won't give up on him like everyone else has. Jason and I are from two different worlds who found something in each other and I desperately want to go see him. Because of my health issues I cannot take the 4 buses it would take to get there. PLEASE HELP!!!

sunmoon728
05-13-2008, 09:43 PM
hello. go to the california county jail forum and maybe someone there can help you.

ilovepatrick
05-16-2008, 09:39 AM
I have to turn myself in for 96 hours at the womens main jail in orange county for a d.u.i... they gave me an opportunity to do work furlow instead. The only thing with that is that i would have to take 4 days off from work and have to find rides to and from the theo lacy facility where i would be doing the work furlow. People have been telling me that if you have such a short time to do in county that they usually kick you out before they assign you a bed, or they just put you through the loop then kick you out. I have to turn myself in on memorial day weekend so I am figuring the jail will be super crowded and they will probably kick me out really fast????? Does anyone have any experience with this???? I don't know what to do. My husband (who is at Ironwood) is telling me to do the work furlow but I kind of just want to bite the bullet and just do the time.... help?

junkman555
05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
hello,
I got arrested sunday night on "suspicion" of driving under the influence of a controlled substance. I was also tagged with HS 11550, which is being on a controlled substance.
Even though I blew zero on the breathalyzer, this would count as my second dui (first one six years ago).
anyway, long story short: I'm bracing for the worst,w hich is time in OC Jail.
My question is this: is there any way to petition, plead, ask to be assigned to the farm at Musick as opposed to the central jail or theo lacey? I'm a non-violent offender. From what I've read, and heard from a couple of people, this is the best option for those who just want to do their time and get the f' out. I'm not a fighter, I have nothing to prove about my manhood or position on the dominance heirarchy. I just want to be left alone and do my time and not f with anybody and would like not to be f'd with. Whether that's even possible or not, I don't know. I've never been close to jail before.
So, if anybody has any information on what the OC Farm is like, and if there's anyway to get a leg up on a transfer, I'd greatly appreciate it.
JO from tHE OC

1strike
05-23-2008, 01:37 PM
ive been to the oc jail before in santa ana.its not that bad, just show respect to every one and you should be alright.if any one messes with you dont back down, dont show weakness, and stay strong.county jails nothing, prisons the real deal.they dont tranfer if you ask, they send you were they want to house you.you will be alright, good luck.

Gryphon
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
DUI includes drugs (street as well as prescription), so teh "0.00" on teh breath test doesn't mean you have a defense. VC 213152 has 2 sections (a and b.) One is DUI, the other is DUI with ,08 BAC alcohol or higher.

H and S 11550 carrries a minimum sentence of 90 days. A DUI with a prior has a minimum sentece of 10 days. The most you can get is a year county. Courts differ a great deal regarding whether they'll let people do alternative senencing. Some courts would even separate the 11550 and let that go to Prop 36 Court if you want to.
Before you plead guilty, it's be best for you to discuss your sentence options with a local attorney.

hello,
I got arrested sunday night on "suspicion" of driving under the influence of a controlled substance. I was also tagged with HS 11550, which is being on a controlled substance.
Even though I blew zero on the breathalyzer, this would count as my second dui (first one six years ago).
anyway, long story short: I'm bracing for the worst,w hich is time in OC Jail.
My question is this: is there any way to petition, plead, ask to be assigned to the farm at Musick as opposed to the central jail or theo lacey? I'm a non-violent offender. From what I've read, and heard from a couple of people, this is the best option for those who just want to do their time and get the f' out. I'm not a fighter, I have nothing to prove about my manhood or position on the dominance heirarchy. I just want to be left alone and do my time and not f with anybody and would like not to be f'd with. Whether that's even possible or not, I don't know. I've never been close to jail before.
So, if anybody has any information on what the OC Farm is like, and if there's anyway to get a leg up on a transfer, I'd greatly appreciate it.
JO from tHE OC

InMaTeLoVeR
05-23-2008, 07:36 PM
Hey Junkman.....Dude, I just got charged with a 2nd DUI in OC, this will be 2 in less than one year. Apprantly I didnt learn the first time. I dont really know if I am facing jail time. I retained an attorney for about $3k. I am hoping that he will be able to work out a deal with the DA so I dont have to do any jail time. Jail isnt taht bad, the farm is especially a piece of cake. I am currently a Paralegal major at Chapman University and the minimum sentencing for 2nd DUI is 48 hours and the minimu sentencing of the 3rd DUI is 120 days. I know this for a fact. Anyways, the farm is totally cool, the onlyreason I am trying to get out of jail time is s I dont lose my job, I would totally be screwed, however, most the time I would rather serve jail time rather than having to pay because its not that bad. The farm is chill. Even the main is not that bad except for the sheriffs being all up in your business. I think if you dont have a record, you probably will be OK. There is also a new Alcohol court program that models the Drug court program, it is for 2 years...I am pretty sure that the court will offer it to you as it is a new program and they are trying to get candidates at this time. A lot also depends on the court, North court, Harbor court, Santa Ana court, etc. Mine is at North court and it is pretty tough. Let me know how it goes....my arrainment was this morning but I havent talked to my attorney yet to find out what happened.

ilovepatrick
05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Well I just spent all 96 hours in the pits of hell. If anyone has a similar question I would definitely advice to DO THE WORK FURLOW!!! Jail is the pits and they are not letting anyone out a second early:angry:

ilovepatrick
05-29-2008, 11:30 PM
I was in a similar situation as you. I got convicted of a second dui (my first was 9 years ago however that is irrelevant in the eyes of the law) the judge sentenced me to do time in the OC jail. When they processed me in they do a background check on you and as long as you don't have any previous violent charges or anything like that they will most definitely sent you to the farm. I got sent to the farm after only one day in the OC main jail. However, don't ask the deputies anything, just do what they say and I am almost 100% that they will send you to the farm. They want to send people with no bad criminal backgrounds there, oh and you can't have any past gang affiliations either. The farm is a million times better than OC jail. I hope this helps and good luck.

Timmacra
06-23-2008, 06:08 PM
:confused: O.K. I'm new to this so bear with me. I have been looking for work since I got out of jail 1/29/08 (Theo Lacy F) I'm on felony probation for the second time and finding work is not easy. I have posted 100's of my resumes and filled out ton's of app's, edd, careerbuilder,cal-jobs,jobfinder,ect. Now here's my question: My gilrfreind has got a job for me ,but she live's in San Deigo. How can I transfer my probation from Orange County to San Deigo County or is that even possiable?

patswife4-ever
06-23-2008, 06:39 PM
When my hubby transfered probabtion from one county to another, he had to get permission from the original county to move AND he had to ask the new county if they would take on his probabtion. The new county can basically say, No, we don't want to watch after you so you cannot move here. Being as you have a job in the new county, I don't see why they would deny you. But then again, I have seen it happen. Good Luck to you

Timmacra
06-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Thank you for your answer to my question. I told my girlfriend to get her boss to put this "job hiring" in writing and to send it to me asap. I beleave that if I have proof of this,it would help immensly. Thanks agian for your imput and best wishes to you and your hubby and kids.

Gryphon
06-24-2008, 02:46 PM
You'll have a probation term (assuming you are on a formal or supervised grant of probation) that says you can't move without advance permission. There are VERY few reasons that can cause a probationer to be denied permission to move. The probation dept., however, doesn't necessarily have to get probation supervison transfered. Despite that, it's almost always the case that long distance supervision won't be imposed and the supervision will be transfered.
You need to contact your PO ASAP to get the wheels turning. It isn't unusual to have a hard time making contact with a breathing human who'll actually note your request.
Tell your g.f. to do the best housecleaning she's ever done if you plan to live with her. Make sure she knows about your not being able to be near guns (for fear it can be argued you are in possession), and let her know if you have a "no alcohol" clause.

:confused: O.K. I'm new to this so bear with me. I have been looking for work since I got out of jail 1/29/08 (Theo Lacy F) I'm on felony probation for the second time and finding work is not easy. I have posted 100's of my resumes and filled out ton's of app's, edd, careerbuilder,cal-jobs,jobfinder,ect. Now here's my question: My gilrfreind has got a job for me ,but she live's in San Deigo. How can I transfer my probation from Orange County to San Deigo County or is that even possiable?

Dena24
08-26-2008, 02:54 PM
Sorry if this has already been covered, I read back to April and only found a couple answers, plus not even sure those haven't changed!

For an inmate at OC Central Jal (mens)

1. Can I send carepackages with any company? All I have found seem to be only a few CA county jails and otherwise just prisons

2. I have missed 3 calls and all 3 were from different numbers/companies as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if this jail uses various calling companies or what? (for call to cell phone where I have to set up an account)

3. Can I print things off the Internet to mail? I read somewhere that the web-address needs to be blanked out, but otherwise is it ok?

4. Is there a limit on the number of letters an inmate can receive?

Thanks for the help, anyone who knows :)

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Ok I'm not too sure if OC jail has different rules but you can send as much mail as you want babe. Most county jails use GTL and yes they will be different numbers depending on what pay phone they are calling from. You can send information from the internet and yes remove the addresses. You should check out the website for OC County jail and see what links they have regarding packages. Here is the link. Hope this helps a little. I'm sure someone here will know more. Good luck! = )

http://www.ocsd.org/

MiSsInG_yOu
08-26-2008, 06:00 PM
1. I don't think you can send carepackages to the county jail. My husband used to be at OCJ and they don't accept any kind of carepackages.
2. Usually call from Oc jail, musick and theo lacy are from Global Tel (sorry if i miss spell it). As far as i know if you want to receive the calls through your cell phone, you need to set up an account. Well I heard from my friends that you can set up an account or prepaid with western union.
3. I don't think you can print stuff off from the internet to mail. Because when my husband was at musick I sent some of the pictures that I download off from the internet, the mail was send back to me.
4. There is no limit on the number of mail that inmate can receive.

Well these are my own experiences while my husband was in county jail (theo lacy, ocj, and musick). Hope these information help. Good Luck!

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
08-27-2008, 11:10 AM
You can send care packages to LA county. Your best bet would be to call and ask babe. Good luck! = )

Cubana
08-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Sorry if this has already been covered, I read back to April and only found a couple answers, plus not even sure those haven't changed!

1. Can I send carepackages with any company? All I have found seem to be only a few CA county jails and otherwise just prisons
you can only send in letters. you have to but stamps and stationary from the post office website. and sorry no care packages. you have to put money in their books so that they can buy from the store

2. I have missed 3 calls and all 3 were from different numbers/companies as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if this jail uses various calling companies or what? (for call to cell phone where I have to set up an account)
you need to set up an account with global tell link. the number is 800-483-8314 IT'S AUTOMATED. YOU CAN SET IT UP WITh EITHER $25 or $50. Each call is $4 and change. it can be set up with as many numbers you want but the initial set up can only be one number then you can call and add your house number or whatever other number you want. I have 3 numbers on my account.

3. Can I print things off the Internet to mail? I read somewhere that the web-address needs to be blanked out, but otherwise is it ok?

yes internet stuff is ok. i send only 10 pages at a time. dont know if there's a limit but i've been ok with 10 at a time.

as many as you want

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dena24
08-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Thank you!

I am going to visit tomorrow I guess. He called every day until I got the account set up and now has not called yesterday or today, so maybe he thought I wasn't taking the calls.
we'll get it worked out tomorrow.

Thanks for the help..........is OC Mens jail bad, like LA County from what I have heard? or not so? I just am concerned, this is someone who has spent no more than 24 hrs in jail in his whole adult life and I am not sure he "gets" the seriousness yet!

Dont lie, but if it IS not as bad as LA (or is as bad) please let me know

thanks!

Cubana
08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
not as bad as LA county. But it's not a walk in the park either

mahkenna
08-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Hi all...Cubana is correct, I do jail ministry there and you can send all of what Cubana described.

Please be advised....

Mailing to an inmate envelopes can be NO LARGER than 9" x 12".

Photos....No larger than 8" x 10". Write the inmate's name and booking# on the back.

You can also send pre-stamped or embossed stamped envelopes from the post office. I have always been able to get 10 through at a time.

20 Sheets of writing paper.

4" pencils....which I buy ones with different prints on them and cut them down and tape to my letter or card. (If they don't steal them out of your package then the inmates love them).

No mailing of gang anything, nudity, or mail from a third party.

Dena24
08-31-2008, 03:55 AM
Thanks all you guys,

I found out late yesrerday he was just moved to Lacy. saw him there today and he seems happier, guess its less crowded, less smelly,less noisy

So is he likely to remain at at Lacy until his trial and sentence are complete??

they dont normally move someone back and forth for no good reason right?

Thanks agan!!

hisdesibear
09-09-2008, 12:08 AM
no he shouldnt be moved anymore unless he gets in a big fight or something. lacy is much cleaner. but have fun with that visiting.. it sucks! if he is in the dorms (a-h), dont go to visit him until after about noon, the later the better honestly because no one is there. just dont get there @ 8am, you will be there for 3 hours. if he is in the mods (I-R), the visiting is always HORRIBLE for them. try to find out who is in your mod and coordinate so you all get there at the same time so it goes faster. they wont send you to your window until they fill the whole mod. once i got inside ive sat there for 2 1/2 hours because no one was coming for my mod. and park across the street at the block so you dont have to pay for parking. have fun with lacy, and be greatful when he gets out of there. i know i was, even though my husband was transferred to prison lol.

G lady
09-11-2008, 04:10 PM

1. Can I send carepackages whith any company? All I have found seem to be only a few CA county jails and otherwise just prisons

NOP NO CARE PACKAGES :(

2. I have missed 3 calls and all 3 were from different numbers/companies as far as I can tell. Does anyone know if this jail uses various calling companies or what? (for call to cell phone where I have to set up an account?)
Global Tel Link is the company they use...just answer all the time he may have a friend call u to relay a message :)

If you want an account on your cell phone go to globaltellink.com( to get their address) and mail them a money order directly to their address, so you wont have to pay the transaction fee

You can but it has no be jail appropriate ( no porn, gang related material etc. lol)

NO LIMIT! :):):)

I KNOW THIS MIGHT BE A LIL LATE...HOPEFULLY IT HELPS!

MiSsInG_yOu
09-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Well my husband used to be at Lacy. Actually he was at main then moved to musick then back to main then to lacy then to main and back to lacy (he got moved from places to places within 2 weeks) well now is got a hold by ICE currently in arizona ;(. Lacy is not that bad if you visit the general. BUt oh boy it's hella crazy if you have to visit the MOD. My husband was in mod for about 1 month and I went to visit him for the whole entire month and let me warn you get there as early as you could! Friday is not too bad, but then on sat and sun you better be there early. If you lucky they will let you come in on time, but sometimes they will delay the line so you have to stand in line for almost 3 hrs. So bring some magazines or books to read, make new friends while in line because it will help a lot if you have to stand in a long line. Good Luck ;)

biological mom
09-24-2008, 02:25 PM
im trying to help my sister out ... her son has to turn himself into Orange county Jail I belive it is centeral not sure.. My ?'s are: how many days would he spend if given 11 days and where should he turn himself in at?

Thank you

ichliebedich
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
hi, does anyone know which state prison guys from theo lacy in orange county are usually sent to? is there one or is it a totally random, anywhere in the state, kind of thing?

TLT
01-19-2009, 08:26 PM
My man went from OC Jail to Wasco for reception to be processed. Reception could be 1-6 mos. From their he will be sent to a prison in California. He can request a prison in his classification, but that doesn't mean he will get that one. This is a very hard time for him. Write him as much as you can. He can't make calls, and visits are 30 minutes behind glass. Good Luck...

hisdesibear
01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
yea my husband went from lacy to wasco also. he has been at wasco 6 months now... boo... he will most likely get sent to wasco.

oc1488chik
02-03-2009, 04:59 AM
They go str8 to wasco state prison

currious07
02-06-2009, 09:47 AM
Yes, they all go to Wasco State Prison for classification. This is a difficult and long process for him. I write to my friend at least two times a week, this is what keeps him going, knowing he has support from family and friends. Good luck!

KCRgirl1031
02-06-2009, 04:26 PM
wasco wasco!....

although my boyfriend has been to a few CCF's as well..but the was a while ago...i'm pretty sure wasco

ichliebedich
02-07-2009, 02:56 AM
thanks everyone so much for the replies! this is kinda a ways down the line (a hopefully doesn't even come to this *crosses fingers*) but just trying to be mentally prepared.

hom:meh
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Hello Everyone - My dude is about to be released from Theo Lacy in Orange County - and I have several questions:

1.) he was transferred to Theo Lacy from Ironwood to deal with a DV case - is it possible to arrange for dress-outs for him so he doesn't have to wear some stale old crap that's been sitting in a locker for a year and a half?

2.) he's going to be required to report for parole in San Diego - how much time does he have from release to get to his PO? Is that initial PO encounter to be in-person?

3.) If he would have been released straight away from Ironwood, the PO would've been the one to come and pick him up. Is the PO going to come and get him from Theo Lacy and drive him down to SD?

4.) Child support - now that he is about to be released, is it too late for him to file a vargas motion (I read that is what it's called) to not be liable for child support that would've been due during his incarceration? Anyone else know of any other good resources to take care of that?

5.) I've heard tales of Theo Lacy releasing inmates after 2:00 am in the morning - is this the truth?

6.) We already know that he is going to be released as "homeless" - I'm wondering, how is that going to go down?

Any other input - I don't care what - would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Stagger Lee
05-07-2009, 06:06 PM
My case is coming to a head, and I'm hoping someone can offer some helpful advice. Here goes...

I was sentenced to 30 days for a 2nd DUI at the West Court in Orange County, California in April. I was given the option of a work furlough by the court, but was turned by both Huntington Beach Police and Fullerton Police Pay To Stay programs because I take two pills every day for my cholesteral and thyroid. No big deal with the medication as far as I'm concerned, but that's their rule.

I applied for Supervised Electronic Confinement (SEC) aka "house arrest" through the OC Probation Department, but won't know if I'm approved until a week before my suurender date. I've been playing by the rules so far by not driving, paying my fine in full, going to AA meetings and enrolling in an alcohol education program back in February. But I'm preparing for the worse, and expecting to possibly be turned down for SEC because I work out of my home (which makes absolutely no sense to me, but my attorney said they prefer people work away from their homes).

So...what are my chances of staying out of jail and getting SEC?

If I get turned down, I'm going to surrender a week early, the Friday before Memorial Day. I heard that might get me out on an early release because of the holiday overflow.

That's a crap shoot, I know. What I really want to know is how long will I be incarcerated? With 30 days, I know they knock off a third for good behavior, and I served one day, so I guess my total is 19 days. Not a lot, but I have a business to run and I need to plan accordingly.

Will I do the whole 19 days?

Are they doing early releases in OC?

Will they send me to the Farm or keep me at Lacy?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

mikesbbygirl
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
HI... I know all cases are different but my sister in laws boyfriend has 2 DUI too.. he actually had to turn him self in this last past friday 5/8 he was sentenced to 147 day with 70% so he has to do 102 day in county jail..

Lipstick
05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Ladies just an FYI the third dui is prison time. 16months to 3 years

MidniteCee
06-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I'm sorry if this has all been covered in here somewhere but I tried searching and couldn't find anything.
I have a close friend who is to do 180 days in county for felony robbery, and some people tell him it will be less than that since this is his first EVER offense and factoring good behavior, etc. His lawyer says he'll probably do 120, of which he says he is prepared to do. He is, in my opinion, in a good state of mind--ready to go in, i guess you can say. But how long do you think he'll be in?

Reading around on here, I see that inmates get transfered a lot. He is to surrender at Theo Lacy- does that mean that is where he'll be housed his entire term? We tried calling them to get info but could never get through. This is our first ever time through something like this so all and any info is great :D

He is currently on medications, so would that be allowed in jail? Are they allowed their own clothes or anything? (We saw a few trustees cleaning up outside when we went to pre-book who were in their own clothes and orange vests). What is the daily routine? We're thinking it'll almost be militant like--someone wakes everyone up in the AM or something and then...i have no idea what they do throughout the day lol.

Any info would be great everyone :D Thanks!!

halebop
06-24-2009, 01:58 PM
If the judge sentenced him to 180 days - the release date shown on the lasd.org website for him (after he surrenders) will be 70% of that (give or take a few days).

My hubby got 180 days. The website shows his release date as being 112 days.

You'll hear stories about it being less than the date on the website (some people will tell you it'll be way less) but that doesn't seem to be the case. The website automatically calculates it to be about 70% of the sentence.

ChocoholicMom
06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
He is in OC - don't go to the LA County website. OC does not have the same information available.

The trustees you see outside are NOT inmates. They are on a modified work release sentence, and they go home at the end of the day.

Lacy is pretty harsh as jails go. They get the up really early for breakfast - and if he's in a mod - they will get 2 hours of dayroom per day to take a shower and use the phone. Beyond that - they are locked down 22 hours a day. Sack lunches in the cell.

After he turns himself in he will be able to request his out date. They MIGHT tell you at the counter if you ask, but it depends on their moods.

If he is on meds he MUST TAKE AN ORIGINAL CURRENT prescription with him when he turns himself in. Without it - there is virtually NO chance his meds will continue. Even with it - they may delay for a few days. Health care at all the OC jails is pretty bad.

The lawyer is right - he should do around 120 days....

halebop
06-24-2009, 04:05 PM
So sorry! My bad - definitely ignore the bad Los Angeles County info I posted. I'm too late to edit my original post. Glad someone spotted it and was able to help you with the OC.

MidniteCee
06-24-2009, 04:40 PM
thanks again Chocoholic and halebop :D
Wow so this might be the harshest 4-6 months of his life huh? What do they do all day there? Is there a library or anything for them to do, or do they just talk with other inmates?
We still dont know if he'll be AT Lacy; thats just where he's surrendering. What are the chances he'll be transfered?
Of course there's no such thing as 'easy time', but the easier the better.

honeybee1
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
My boy has to do about 60 days in County Jail. First they sent him to Theo Lacy, which I hear is very clean. He was at Theo Lacy for a couple days, and then they transferred him to Musick jail, which is the farm for nonviolent offenders. I dont know if your person committed a violence crime or not, but he might get transfered to Musick, which I hear is more like summer camp than actual jail. I think he was transferred because there was openings down at the Farm. It really depends, because I thought that my man was going to stay at Lacy but he ended up getting moved. Good luck!

G lady
07-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Hello my loved one just got transferred to Theo Lacy...can anyone give me more info. on how the visitation works? Thanks!

dezireeesteen09
07-03-2009, 12:22 PM
My boyfriend is at Lacy as well. So here is how the visiting works.

Visiting hours are from 8-6 pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (You have to be in line by 5:30pm to get the last visit)

There are 2 lines (usually) one is for the inmates that are in general population and the other one is for the inmates that are in the mods.(if you dont know which he is in then just ask. They men/women that give the visiting slip will tell you)

After you find the right table, they will tell you if he has had a visit already. (you can only find this out by going, they wont tell you over the phone) If he hasnt they will give you a visiting slip.

When you get the visiting slip, you will wait in another line to get into the door. Once you walk in there is a deputy, table, and metal detector. put your keys and ID in the box on the table and walk thru the metal detector. The deputy will then tell you to go stand in line to give another deputy your visiting slip and get your name "cleared".

To get your name cleared, you just get in line and wait until your turn is up. You will give the deputy your ID and the visiting slip. Then you go sit down (as long as there isnt a problem with your "record")

Then you wait for his name to be called. If he is in general population, then it should be pretty fast. They will give you a white sheet of paper with his name on it and yours. You take the paper with you and walk all the way to the back of the facility, there will be a door at the end of the sidewalk. You go in and there is a little window with glass thats tinted. You give that deputy the paper and your ID and he will tell you what window to sit at. Then you just wait for him to come out.
Now if hes in the mods, then its a little different (just FYI::they will tend to be in the mods if they have been in prison before or they are going to be going to prison after sentencing) Anyway, when you sign in you wait until his name is called. When they FINALLY do call it (sometimes it will seem like they call everyone else in the world's name before they get to his) you go up to the desk and sign his paperwork. Then you go out the back door and make a left at the 2nd opening on the walkway (not Theo Lacy park--but the next one) and go into the door. Your best bet will be to go on the elevator, because it will tell you what mods are on what floor. (just FYI again--if hes in mod "R" it will be on the 3rd floor and is REALLY hard to find--you basically have to go thru a maze). Anyway, once you find his mod visiting room, then he will be there waiting for you.

Visits are usually 30 minutes long, unless you get last visit, which is usually 60 minutes. As long as the guard on duty is nice. (this is in the mods)

General population visits are also 30 minutes, but I dont know about how last visits work. (my bf was moved out of GP pretty fast, so I dont have much experience in that area--just about 3 visits worth)

Umm, lets see, what else? Oh, no more than 2 adults and 1 child at a time. Or, you can have 1 adult and 2 children.

If your child is over the age of 5, they are considered to be an "adult". So, basically you can have 2 adults and 1 child under 5. Or, 1 adult 1 child over 5 and one under 5. Or, 1 adult and 2 children under 5. LoL..you get the picture. It can be kinda confusing, but if your worried, its best to call before going. To make sure that you wont have any problems. (their phone number is 714-935-6940)

They arent really strict about what you wear like the CDCr is so you dont have to worry about that.

You cant take cell phones inside (there are lockers outside that cost like 25-50 cents--I think) I always just leave mine at home or in the car.

NO STROLLERS--they are really strict about that. You can leave it outside if you dont have anywhere to put it. People dont really touch them.

As far as parking goes, you cant park in the parking lots by the facility. Parking is available in the North parking structure located across from the Juvenile Courthouse and next to UCI medical center. I'm pretty sure its free, but I dont know for sure, as I always get dropped off and picked up.

As long as your 18 you wont have any issues. If your not, just take someone thats 18 or over with you and they will usually let you in without a problem. Just make sure you at least have a school ID.

Sorry this reply is soo long, but I hope I answered most of your questions. Feel free to PM me anytime, since our loved ones are at the same facility, we might be able to help eachother out.

=]
Deziree

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Some people don't like it
'Cause he hangs out in the streets
But he's my boyfriend
hes always been here for me
This love is serious
No matter what people think
I'm gon' be here for him
And I don't care what they say
But hes my boyfriend
I love the thug in him
I'm gon' be here for him

G lady
07-03-2009, 02:51 PM
my boyfriend is at lacy as well. So here is how the visiting works.

Visiting hours are from 8-6 pm every friday, saturday and sunday. (you have to be in line by 5:30pm to get the last visit)

there are 2 lines (usually) one is for the inmates that are in general population and the other one is for the inmates that are in the mods.(if you dont know which he is in then just ask. They men/women that give the visiting slip will tell you)

after you find the right table, they will tell you if he has had a visit already. (you can only find this out by going, they wont tell you over the phone) if he hasnt they will give you a visiting slip.

When you get the visiting slip, you will wait in another line to get into the door. Once you walk in there is a deputy, table, and metal detector. Put your keys and id in the box on the table and walk thru the metal detector. The deputy will then tell you to go stand in line to give another deputy your visiting slip and get your name "cleared".

To get your name cleared, you just get in line and wait until your turn is up. You will give the deputy your id and the visiting slip. Then you go sit down (as long as there isnt a problem with your "record")

then you wait for his name to be called. If he is in general population, then it should be pretty fast. They will give you a white sheet of paper with his name on it and yours. You take the paper with you and walk all the way to the back of the facility, there will be a door at the end of the sidewalk. You go in and there is a little window with glass thats tinted. You give that deputy the paper and your id and he will tell you what window to sit at. Then you just wait for him to come out.
Now if hes in the mods, then its a little different (just fyi::they will tend to be in the mods if they have been in prison before or they are going to be going to prison after sentencing) anyway, when you sign in you wait until his name is called. When they finally do call it (sometimes it will seem like they call everyone else in the world's name before they get to his) you go up to the desk and sign his paperwork. Then you go out the back door and make a left at the 2nd opening on the walkway (not theo lacy park--but the next one) and go into the door. Your best bet will be to go on the elevator, because it will tell you what mods are on what floor. (just fyi again--if hes in mod "r" it will be on the 3rd floor and is really hard to find--you basically have to go thru a maze). Anyway, once you find his mod visiting room, then he will be there waiting for you.

visits are usually 30 minutes long, unless you get last visit, which is usually 60 minutes. As long as the guard on duty is nice. (this is in the mods)

general population visits are also 30 minutes, but i dont know about how last visits work. (my bf was moved out of gp pretty fast, so i dont have much experience in that area--just about 3 visits worth)

umm, lets see, what else? Oh, no more than 2 adults and 1 child at a time. Or, you can have 1 adult and 2 children.

If your child is over the age of 5, they are considered to be an "adult". So, basically you can have 2 adults and 1 child under 5. Or, 1 adult 1 child over 5 and one under 5. Or, 1 adult and 2 children under 5. Lol..you get the picture. It can be kinda confusing, but if your worried, its best to call before going. To make sure that you wont have any problems. (their phone number is 714-935-6940)

they arent really strict about what you wear like the cdcr is so you dont have to worry about that.

You cant take cell phones inside (there are lockers outside that cost like 25-50 cents--i think) i always just leave mine at home or in the car.

No strollers--they are really strict about that. You can leave it outside if you dont have anywhere to put it. People dont really touch them.

As far as parking goes, you cant park in the parking lots by the facility. Parking is available in the north parking structure located across from the juvenile courthouse and next to uci medical center. I'm pretty sure its free, but i dont know for sure, as i always get dropped off and picked up.

As long as your 18 you wont have any issues. If your not, just take someone thats 18 or over with you and they will usually let you in without a problem. Just make sure you at least have a school id.

Sorry this reply is soo long, but i hope i answered most of your questions. Feel free to pm me anytime, since our loved ones are at the same facility, we might be able to help eachother out.

=]
deziree

some people don't like it
'cause he hangs out in the streets
but he's my boyfriend
this love is serious
no matter what people think
i'm gon' be here for him
and i don't care what they say
some people don't like it
'cause he hangs out in the streets
but hes my boyfriend
i love the thug in him
no matter what people think
i'm gon' be here for him
and i don't care what they say

thank you thank you dezireeeeeee! Well my boyfriend is in pc im not sure how that goes but ill find out when i go for visit.....thank you so much for taking your time to explain!!!!!

dezireeesteen09
07-03-2009, 03:18 PM
your welcome =]
sorry that I couldnt give you any info on PC
my bf hasnt been there (yet) he actually got mad at me today cuz I think I might have gotten the idea in the deputy's head that he needs to be there ((oops..lol)) wasnt my intention but i guess..

anyway, I hope you get the info you need. Sometimes the deputies can bee a**holes but hopefully you find a nice one. They'll start to remember you after awhile =]

Have a good visit and a good 4th =]

1 day til our anniversary TG there are visits 2mrw =]

ichliebedich
07-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Hello my loved one just got transferred to Theo Lacy...can anyone give me more info. on how the visitation works? Thanks!

my bf was at theo lacy for about 7 months and i have to say G lady's info was super accurate! the deputies are generally pretty nice as long as you're friendly to them. if you say it's your first time and ask where to go they'll be nice and tell you or have another visitor go with you. i was always going to mod R and yes it's FAR haha, but just follow the signs to whichever mod and you'll find it. it's a maze but there aren't many options (ie. turn left or right?) so just keep following it and you'll get there.

when it's near a holiday especially make sure you get there with plenty of time before 5:30 (which is when you have to be checked in inside by) cause i've been there where the line's really long and they do their best but i had to imagine that some people didn't make it in time... oh and i always brought something to read cause you're generally just sitting there for a while!

the one correction i had to G lady's post was that the parking by the juvenile court house is NOT free. it's $1 every 30 mins or fraction there of i'm pretty sure. i usually ended up paying $4 or something like that. it's kind of ridiculous but i hear that people who try to park at the mall across the street have had their cars towed so i guess it's better than that!

good luck and feel free to ask anymore question that you have :)

dezireeesteen09
07-04-2009, 10:46 AM
My bf is at lacy and he says thats its really clean, but he prefers santa ana main. Only because he says there is more to do there. He is in the mods, so only 2 hrs of dayroom, which sux..but they find ways to entertain themselves (ie talking to cellie, drawing, reading books, writing letters) As far as the library goes, I know my bf is allowed 2 "new" books a week and you can send him up to 4 (thru amazon.com or sum other authorized sender). As far as the schedule there goes::

4am--wake up
11am--lunch
4pm--dinner

and in the mods, dayroom can be ANYTIME the guards want..usual schedule:

either 6-8am
or 12-2pm

sometimes they get a nice guard who will let them have "extra" dayroom time in the evening around 8pm

In General population, they have a lot more freedom, as they are in a dorm setting and not in a cell. Their dayroom is also in the dorm, so they can use the phones whenever they want. =]

hope this helps some

Dez

G lady
07-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Thank you all for all your help..... I just got back from visit and it went smooth :) after readiing some of your posts I was a little overwhelmed lol but its not much different than the other jail ( plus this one has nicer restrooms) lol THANK YOU TO ALL THAT REPLIED!

ichliebedich
07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
oops i just realized in my post i kept say "G lady's info" when i meant "Deziree's info" lol. i'm glad your visit went well!

G lady
07-05-2009, 03:58 PM
oops i just realized in my post i kept say "g lady's info" when i meant "deziree's info" lol. I'm glad your visit went well!

lol i noticed that too but its otay :) lol

dezireeesteen09
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
Glad you had a gooood visit =]

and yea lacy isnt that bad and the restrooms are pretty decent..lol

"enjoy" the rest of your visiiits =]

ggggiiiiggggsss
07-09-2009, 08:04 PM
My brother is going in to Theo Lacy for 7 days...does anyone know how that works...how he will be housed...with who, etc? Any insight would be helpful.

ggggiiiiggggsss
07-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I noticed that you are very knowledgeable about this jail. My brother is required to go in for 10 days to Lacy...this is the first time we deal with this so we are trying to understand it all. Would you be able to offer me any info as far as who he will be housed with, how long, what type of setting, what kind of offenders, etc. Any information would be helpful. Thank you for your help. :)

G lady
07-17-2009, 12:56 AM
do I have to put "THEO LACY FACILITY" by his name when I mail things to him? or is his booking number and address enough?

ichliebedich
07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
do I have to put "THEO LACY FACILITY" by his name when I mail things to him? or is his booking number and address enough?

nope, when my bf was there i always wrote it like this:

Name
#booking number
501 The City Drive South
Orange, CA 92868

Cammielee
07-30-2009, 07:19 PM

When I send my son regular mail from me, I address it with his name on first line, his booking number on the next line then 501 The City Drive South. On the last line I put city,state and zip. If I send him money, I send it this way: Orange County Sherriffs Dept on first line, the 501 The City Dr. So. on next line and city, state, zip on next line and in bottom left hand corner of envelope I put: re: my sons name and right under that his booking number. You can go on to the Orange county Sherriffs Dept web site @ Orange County California Sherriffs Dept.gov and you will find out what all kinds of mail he can get, etc. Just remember that mail is read before inmate gets it so be very cautious to discuss anything about his case that may hurt his case. My son is in the medical part right now. If I can help you more, let me know.

Cubana
07-30-2009, 10:07 PM
you can put the envelope with you sons name on it when you send funds. Just like you are writing him a letter. they will remove the MO and send him a slip notifing him. If you address the envelope OC sherriff on the front it will take longer to process and the funds placed on his books. Just my experience wuth that in the past

Sweet_pea
08-02-2009, 11:12 PM
what mod id ur bf in? Mine is in mod M

My bf is at lacy and he says thats its really clean, but he prefers santa ana main. Only because he says there is more to do there. He is in the mods, so only 2 hrs of dayroom, which sux..but they find ways to entertain themselves (ie talking to cellie, drawing, reading books, writing letters) As far as the library goes, I know my bf is allowed 2 "new" books a week and you can send him up to 4 (thru amazon.com or sum other authorized sender). As far as the schedule there goes::

4am--wake up
11am--lunch
4pm--dinner

and in the mods, dayroom can be ANYTIME the guards want..usual schedule:

either 6-8am
or 12-2pm

sometimes they get a nice guard who will let them have "extra" dayroom time in the evening around 8pm

In General population, they have a lot more freedom, as they are in a dorm setting and not in a cell. Their dayroom is also in the dorm, so they can use the phones whenever they want. =]

hope this helps some

Dez

G lady
08-07-2009, 01:22 AM
Does anyone know how Theo Lacy releases their inmates? Any info will help....THANKS! :)

Larah4u
09-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Hello all..I have never posted before but my husband is in Theo Lacy and I went to go see him and was told no visitors today for most of the inmates. Try again tomorrow, but probably will be the same situation. Does anyone know why? This sucks! He is doing 210 days (although I don't really know how much of that time he will have to serve) and I miss him a TON so not seeing him is awful!! Do they have lockdowns alot??

Larah4u
09-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Last time my husband went in they just let him leave, or offered to take him to Santa Ana. my house is 5 minutes (driving) from Theo Lacy so he just walked home but it was at midnight! This time hopefully they will release him in the daytime!

Annabelle
09-11-2009, 03:45 PM
I have no idea about Theo Lacy. Is he able to call you?

Larah4u
09-11-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes but he hasn't called since like Monday...not sure what is going on. I tried calling the facility but they just let the phone ring. I have to take his mom there tomorrow and she is disabled so I would hate to take her all the way down there and then there be no visits allowed as traveling is hard on her anyways. When I got there it was very early this morning so I was just wondering if anyone else tried to go visit and what they were told.

ichliebedich
09-12-2009, 03:18 AM
i just went to the theo lacy visiting website and it says this:

Public Visits at the Theo Lacy Facility for inmates currently housed in
Dorms A, B, C, D and Barracks F, G, and H have been cancelled for
Friday 9-11-09. We anticipate public visiting for these housing locations
at the Theo Lacy Facility to resume to their regular public visiting schedule
beginning Saturday 9-12-09 and Sunday 9-13-09 at 8:00 AM.

Public visiting schedules at the Theo Lacy Facility for inmates currently
housed in Modules I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, and R have be unchanged and available
Friday Saturday and Sunday 9-11-09 through 9-13-09 beginning at 8:00 AM.

Public visiting: Friday thru Sunday, 8:00AM - 6:00PM. Last check in at 5:30PM.

(http://www.ocsd.org/divisions/jail_operations/theo_lacy_facility/visiting_hours/)

hope that helps! my boyfriend was there a couple of months ago and there was only 1 time i think that this happened to me (over a period of about 6 months) and it was just the mods even that time. i live almost an hour away and it sucked :( no visiting lockdowns were pretty rare, but i had the same experience with the phone, but i don't think i was calling theo lacy directly...or if someone did pick up they just said they didn't know.

G lady
09-13-2009, 11:46 PM
if i pick him up where do i go?

Larah4u
09-14-2009, 09:06 AM
My husband says usually people pick them up near the block. They just kind of tell them to go and everyone goes and will use the phone at the block

Larah4u
09-14-2009, 09:10 AM
Oh i found out it was due to people fighting. Thank God it wasn't mine fighting! I ended up seeing him Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday I had to wait forever for him to come and was later told it was again due to fighting...not him, but still the wait sucked! At least I get to see him!

G lady
09-14-2009, 05:12 PM
one of the ladies i know from theo lacy told me i can pick him up in the lobby ( where we wait for visit) is that true? mine is almost out so i wanna know everything! lol

Larah4u
09-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Sorry I wish I was more help. Like I said mine just walked home. I asked him when he called the other night and he said usually people get out and walk to the block and call you to come get them.

Larah4u
09-15-2009, 09:06 AM
oh btw congrats on getting released soon. How exciting, I'm jealous!
Mine is still in for awhile over there. He went August 24th but got 210 days. I think they do about 70 percent of ther time? Not sure

G lady
09-15-2009, 07:32 PM
thank u for youre help :) im not sure if they serve 70% of their time but i wish you and youre loved one the best! im so excited for mine to get out! :)

Larah4u
09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
So i was justy curious if anyone has (or a loved one of someone here) recently served time in Orange County? I see lots of posts about LA but not Orange County? If so how much (approximently) did you actually serve?? Hubby is in Theo Lacy doing 210 days for a 3rd DUI. ( I know pretty lame HUH?) He went in August 24th. He said rumors around there is pretty much everyone is doing 70%?? He is also working (laundry) so do they take time off for that?? I know they do in the Musick facility.

Any input is appreciated.
Stay Strong :)

theo_talker
09-17-2009, 11:33 AM
The outdate works like this. For every two days served you get 1 day off for good behavior, so tell your friend no fighting! With the in date of 8/24/09, the out date should be around 1/11/10. Also, make sure that you check to see if he has time served. This will shorten the sentence. they also can ask for their out date (by filling out a white form they have) and if the guard is cool, they will get it. hope this helps!

theo_talker
09-17-2009, 11:35 AM
I added this to your other info. check it out

Larah4u
09-21-2009, 02:56 PM
So he filled out the form and he got a release date of January 12th. Thank you so much for your help! My son's b-day is January 13th and he said they usually get released about 11-2am so what a wonderful b-day present he will have to wake up to daddy!!!
Thanks again :)

G lady
09-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey your release date is January 12....and mine is January 15 :) let me know how it goes!

theo_talker
09-24-2009, 12:20 PM
not until February 2010 here. Almost october though. Glad to see your man will be home for the Birthday. that is a big present!

Cubana
09-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes you can wAit in the lobby if you want . I usually wait in my car just outside same place where you line up for visiting. Release happends between midnight and 3am

heffer12
09-29-2009, 02:20 PM
My boyfriend is serving 180 days at Musick. He received his released date and it Jan. 15, 10 which is 2 mo. earlier. You mentioned that they take time off if they work.....can you tell me how that works.
Thanks

So i was justy curious if anyone has (or a loved one of someone here) recently served time in Orange County? I see lots of posts about LA but not Orange County? If so how much (approximently) did you actually serve?? Hubby is in Theo Lacy doing 210 days for a 3rd DUI. ( I know pretty lame HUH?) He went in August 24th. He said rumors around there is pretty much everyone is doing 70%?? He is also working (laundry) so do they take time off for that?? I know they do in the Musick facility.

theo_talker
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Does anyone know a way to send sketch or art paper to Theo Lacy. I can not seem to find a webiste that will direct ship?

THANKS!:angry:

G lady
10-01-2009, 05:50 PM
not until February 2010 here. Almost october though. Glad to see your man will be home for the Birthday. that is a big present!

Girl its already October time will fly :)

G lady
10-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Yes you can wAit in the lobby if you want . I usually wait in my car just outside same place where you line up for visiting. Release happends between midnight and 3am

Thank You for the info! so I do not have to park my car all the way by the hospital side?

Cubana
10-01-2009, 06:47 PM
i never did. i just parked there, just dont turn off your car.

ichliebedich
10-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Unfortunately I don't think you can send any type of paper to Theo Lacy. I'll post the mail rules from their website below, but just know there's a lot of stuff not allowed that aren't on the list (ie. writing in crayon or marker in letters which I learned the hard way!) Maybe try calling the facility?

Anyway, here are the mail rules from their website (http://www.ocsd.org/divisions/jail_operations/theo_lacy_facility/inmate_mail):

INMATE MAIL
General Mailing:
Orange County Sheriff's Department
501 City Drive South
Orange, Ca. 92868

Inmate Mailing:
Inmate name and Booking Number (required information)
501 City Drive South
Orange, Ca. 92868

Inmates are permitted to send and receive unlimited correspondence. The only exception is when there is reasonable cause to justify limitations for reasons of public safety or facility order, or to prevent violation of state or federal law. All incoming/outgoing mail is subject to search prior to being delivered.

Acceptable mail items:

-Money Orders must be made payable to the Orange County Sheriff's Department, with the inmate's name and booking number annotated on the reference line of the money order
-Magazines must be mailed or sent by the publisher
-Photographs (no larger than 8x10) and may not contain nudity or be sexually suggestive
-No more than 10 pages of photocopied/reproduced or printed material, including photographs
-New paperback books must be mailed or sent directly by the publisher or an accepted distributer (i.e. Amazon.com, barneandnoble.com, costco.com, walmart.com, etc.). Inmates may only possess a maximum of 5 books or magazines

Unacceptable mail items:

-Addressee not in custody at any of our facilities
-Mail which does NOT contain a return address
-Items which cannot be inspected by normal means or without damaging the item, i.e. multilayered cards, photographs, laminated items
-Items containing foil or metal of any type, glass, wood, hard plastic, rubber, glue, perfume, or other prohibited substances
-Maps, travel brochures, wall calendars, wall posters, or catalogs
-Credit cards or personal checkbooks
-Any food item
-Any article of clothing, hygiene item or other personal property
-Personal checks/Payroll checks
-Padded envelopes
-Hard cover books or used paparback books
-Writing paper, pencils, envelopes and stamps (These items can be purchased through Commissary. Stamps and envelopes only may be ordered from USPS.COM and shipped directly to an inmate)
-Any package or any envelopes larger than 9"x12"

G lady
10-02-2009, 03:04 AM
ok youre scaring me lol dont turn off my car?

currious07
10-11-2009, 08:51 AM
How many days did he do out of 10 days? My husband is serving 10 days right now in OC.

I noticed that you are very knowledgeable about this jail. My brother is required to go in for 10 days to Lacy...this is the first time we deal with this so we are trying to understand it all. Would you be able to offer me any info as far as who he will be housed with, how long, what type of setting, what kind of offenders, etc. Any information would be helpful. Thank you for your help. :)

theo_talker
10-16-2009, 06:10 PM
the orange county website is ocsd. org It will tell you where your loved one is and will let you know if he is transferred from Theo Lacy to somewhere else. My friend is in for a while and only gets 1 hour of dayroom in his mod. It all depends on where your loved ones end up. For 10 days, your friend will only be there for like 6-7 days. They do have books and stuff in day room, but I hear that they suck so it is best to send some stuff! You can use Amazon. com or BarnesandNoble. com to direct ship.

kevensmom
10-21-2009, 09:33 PM
Deziree,

Thank you so much for this great info! One question, if you have a mod visit are they behind glass or not? I hope not, my son has been in OCJ for months and just transferred to Theo and I need to hug him!!!

Thanks!

My boyfriend is at Lacy as well. So here is how the visiting works.

Visiting hours are from 8-6 pm every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. (You have to be in line by 5:30pm to get the last visit)

There are 2 lines (usually) one is for the inmates that are in general population and the other one is for the inmates that are in the mods.(if you dont know which he is in then just ask. They men/women that give the visiting slip will tell you)

After you find the right table, they will tell you if he has had a visit already. (you can only find this out by going, they wont tell you over the phone) If he hasnt they will give you a visiting slip.

When you get the visiting slip, you will wait in another line to get into the door. Once you walk in there is a deputy, table, and metal detector. put your keys and ID in the box on the table and walk thru the metal detector. The deputy will then tell you to go stand in line to give another deputy your visiting slip and get your name "cleared".

To get your name cleared, you just get in line and wait until your turn is up. You will give the deputy your ID and the visiting slip. Then you go sit down (as long as there isnt a problem with your "record")

Then you wait for his name to be called. If he is in general population, then it should be pretty fast. They will give you a white sheet of paper with his name on it and yours. You take the paper with you and walk all the way to the back of the facility, there will be a door at the end of the sidewalk. You go in and there is a little window with glass thats tinted. You give that deputy the paper and your ID and he will tell you what window to sit at. Then you just wait for him to come out.
Now if hes in the mods, then its a little different (just FYI::they will tend to be in the mods if they have been in prison before or they are going to be going to prison after sentencing) Anyway, when you sign in you wait until his name is called. When they FINALLY do call it (sometimes it will seem like they call everyone else in the world's name before they get to his) you go up to the desk and sign his paperwork. Then you go out the back door and make a left at the 2nd opening on the walkway (not Theo Lacy park--but the next one) and go into the door. Your best bet will be to go on the elevator, because it will tell you what mods are on what floor. (just FYI again--if hes in mod "R" it will be on the 3rd floor and is REALLY hard to find--you basically have to go thru a maze). Anyway, once you find his mod visiting room, then he will be there waiting for you.

Visits are usually 30 minutes long, unless you get last visit, which is usually 60 minutes. As long as the guard on duty is nice. (this is in the mods)

General population visits are also 30 minutes, but I dont know about how last visits work. (my bf was moved out of GP pretty fast, so I dont have much experience in that area--just about 3 visits worth)

Umm, lets see, what else? Oh, no more than 2 adults and 1 child at a time. Or, you can have 1 adult and 2 children.

If your child is over the age of 5, they are considered to be an "adult". So, basically you can have 2 adults and 1 child under 5. Or, 1 adult 1 child over 5 and one under 5. Or, 1 adult and 2 children under 5. LoL..you get the picture. It can be kinda confusing, but if your worried, its best to call before going. To make sure that you wont have any problems. (their phone number is 714-935-6940)

They arent really strict about what you wear like the CDCr is so you dont have to worry about that.

You cant take cell phones inside (there are lockers outside that cost like 25-50 cents--I think) I always just leave mine at home or in the car.

NO STROLLERS--they are really strict about that. You can leave it outside if you dont have anywhere to put it. People dont really touch them.

As far as parking goes, you cant park in the parking lots by the facility. Parking is available in the North parking structure located across from the Juvenile Courthouse and next to UCI medical center. I'm pretty sure its free, but I dont know for sure, as I always get dropped off and picked up.

As long as your 18 you wont have any issues. If your not, just take someone thats 18 or over with you and they will usually let you in without a problem. Just make sure you at least have a school ID.

Sorry this reply is soo long, but I hope I answered most of your questions. Feel free to PM me anytime, since our loved ones are at the same facility, we might be able to help eachother out.

=]
Deziree

But he's my boyfriend
This love is serious
I'm gon' be here for him
But hes my boyfriend
I love the thug in him
I'm gon' be here for him

ichliebedich
10-22-2009, 06:51 PM
Deziree,

Thank you so much for this great info! One question, if you have a mod visit are they behind glass or not? I hope not, my son has been in OCJ for months and just transferred to Theo and I need to hug him!!!

Thanks!

Unfortunately all the visits at Theo Lacy (and I think at all the Orange County Jails, but I could be wrong) are behind glass. I've heard if an inmate is low-security (in general population, not the mods) and they have a job they can get contact visits, but I don't know if that's really true. I didn't think visiting at Theo Lacy was too bad. You have a pretty big area behind the glass sectioned off to yourself so it feels less crammed in than OC Men's Central at least.

Good luck!

RonniesPanda
11-03-2009, 12:45 AM
At Musick work time is already included when they give your release date.I did 4 months there

My boyfriend is serving 180 days at Musick. He received his released date and it Jan. 15, 10 which is 2 mo. earlier. You mentioned that they take time off if they work.....can you tell me how that works.
Thanks

sandrafelix4u
11-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Has anyone experienced how it works when someone is trying to get out on house arrest from Theo Lacy?

How long does it takes for OC probation to process the application for house confinement for someone who is incarcerated at Theo Lacy Facility. I heard 2-3 week from the monitoring place then 4 weeks from probation. I also want to know what is the process will they be visiting him or calling me before he is released or do they just let him out and then he calls me to go get him.

sandrafelix4u
11-07-2009, 07:12 PM

Well my boyfriend was in Musick and was sent to Lacy he has been there for two months they give them their release date shortly after they get their 3/4 time I think. His release date is January 09, so don't look like he is getting out any time before that. I also heard about LA county luckys (kinda). Would you know anything about the time it takes to process for house arrest from Lacy we are trying to get him home before the holidays.

PTO-110524
12-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Carpooling/Rideshare Notices

If you are trying to find a ride to a County Jail or if you have an empty seat and want company and/or help with costs, post in this thread.

Please include the following information -

What County Jail you are visiting.

Whether you have a vehicle or need a lift - If you need a lift, are you able to share the driving? (If you let someone else drive your car, there's nothing at all rude about asking to SEE their driver's license)

What area you're coming from.

When you usually head for the Jail, and how long you generally stay - For example, if you drive all night and go directly to the Jail or if you arrive Friday night and get a room.

Do you travel with children?

Are you a smoker or is it really important to you that your carpool pal NOT smoke?

Most other details should probably be exchanged via private message.

Here's an example:

Ride needed from Hemet Area to Robert Presley Detention Center (Riverside County Jail)
Licensed driver.
Can share gas costs
Prefer to go on Fridays.

Or

I drive from Azusa to LA County Jail 2 times a month.
Would like to share the driving and gas costs.
Sorry, I can't accommodate children.
I smoke and play the stereo loud.
I Usually visit on weekends.

Please do not post replies in this thread. JUST your Carpool Information

PTO-110524
12-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Link to previous 2009 carpool/rideshare thead (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386154)

coyotesonenonly
01-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Ride needed from van nuys , ca. to Mira Loma county jail, lancaster ca.
can share in the travel costs
I have two children ages 8 and 10 yrs.

SickoluvzOD
01-29-2010, 03:22 PM
so my mans been locked up at Lacy since Dec 15th..he was sentanced on Wed.i read somewhere that the visits change once hes been sentanced..does any one know how it works now? can i still just go this weekend like ive done every weekend? will they let me visit? will it be harder/take longer? any info is appreciated!! THANK YOU!!!

jesseemiliano
02-08-2010, 09:11 AM
no they don't it's the same don't worry.

Lailonimenrad
02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I got my car impounded and wanna see my man... i live in north long beach. anyone interested in helping

cynthianjorge
02-22-2010, 01:22 AM
I drive from santa clarita to Lancaster; Mira Loma Detention Center.
I have a 2yr old son, so children are ok.
Usually visit on Sundays.

Cammielee
03-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Iwould like to go visit my son in Theo Lacy facility. I like to go on Thursday or Friday, get a room, and see him next day. Can only afford 1/2 cost of room. Need help with gas. Live in Merced, Calif. My car in good condition and room for four adults comfortably.

vanny82
04-12-2010, 12:49 PM
is anyone going to wayside this weekend? i need a ride and i am willing to help with gaqs please e-mail me

RONIALAMILLO
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
From Which county....Looking to Carpool from Ventura County to MCJ.

soulsgirl
05-06-2010, 07:52 PM
my husband is being released from OC jail in a week but he has a hold in LA county... does anybody know what will happen???

asipofsheri
05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
anyone going to theo lacy from long beach today sunday. can hang out in line together, what ever, ***removed per PTO policy, please PM member***:)

mingo84
05-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Want to go to wayside I live in northridge,licensed driver with no car :(
Have gas money,no kids,smoker but respect non smokers. Would love to go Monday may 31 but any other day is good too.

MS. FAZ
06-10-2010, 02:29 AM
Hii is anybody goin to wayside this weekend my man is in the north side i stay in los angeles area i will help for gas can u plzzz let me know asap thanx

missMBC
07-08-2010, 04:01 PM
hey everyone...missMBC here just wanting to say hello to you all especially to the ones that have their loved ones locked up in Theo Lacy...my man will be there until August, but is trying at his next court date to prolong that date so we can still have visits...if not he will get shipped to Wasco State for reception(no phone calls or visits for the 4months he's there) before he gets shipped to do the remainder of his stay at one of California's many "hotels"....

i said all that to say that i go to visit my man on Sunday's and I live in Los Angeles...so if anyone wanted to co-ordinate a ride down there I would be willing to share my care space....just let me know:-D hope all is well with everyone....:musical:

missMBC
07-12-2010, 01:32 PM
My man is up in Theo Lacy being a good lil' boy(here's hoping)....and I go up and visit him on Sundays(usually)...his next court date is July 20, 2010 and he's trying to extend his stya there for a month or so so that we can continue our visits and phone calls...because apparently once he gets to Wasco State for reception he won't get visits OR phonecalls...i said ALL this to say r ask rather, if anyone else has a loved on that is currently at Theo Lacy, what level housing he's in, and wanting to know if anyone would want to maybe co-ordinate rides down there...i live in lincoln heights btw....thanks:haha:

Weffy
08-23-2010, 08:57 PM
I have a *friend* of mine that is in Theo Lacy. Would I be able to send him a greeting card or would it be sent back? I hear they are only let out for 1 hour of each day for the day room,etc. What do you guys do to cheer your friends/loved ones that are locked up for 22+hours a day? Is there a limit on how many picture they can have in their possession? Thanks!

Weffy
08-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Okay, so I talked to my friend in Theo Lacy tonight and he said he hasn't gotten any of the letters I sent him last Wed or Thursday. How long does it take for the inmates to get their mail? I followed all the rules and made sure I didn't do anything that wasn't allowed. This is frustrating because I'm getting his letters but he isn't getting mine. I made sure to include his booking number on it too.

zimmerdown
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I've been having a similar problem with the mail I send to my boyfriend. He called me yesterday and let me know he had finally gotten my mail, but there had been 6 letters! I find it really disappointing to hear he isn't getting what I'm sending him. I don't understand why they're holding my letters. :confused:

You may want to try and contact the jail and ask them yourself. (714-647-4666)
Otherwise, here's the address I send my mail to:

Inmate full name - Inmate booking number
Theo Lacy Facility
501 The City Drive South
Orange, CA 92868
714-647-4666

Make sure you put your return address, too! Hope this helps. :)

Okay, so I talked to my friend in Theo Lacy tonight and he said he hasn't gotten any of the letters I sent him last Wed or Thursday. How long does it take for the inmates to get their mail? I followed all the rules and made sure I didn't do anything that wasn't allowed. This is frustrating because I'm getting his letters but he isn't getting mine. I made sure to include his booking number on it too.

betty_sp
09-13-2010, 03:41 AM
Is anyones boyfriend fiancée hubby that is in Theo Lacy working
in the kitchen, night time shift? How long are they doing in?

zimmerdown
09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't know what "how long are they doing in" means? How long the shift is? :confused:

Anyways yeah, my BF works in the kitchen. But he works the morning shift and for 10 hrs. He gets 2 days off, Sunday and Monday.

Is anyones boyfriend fiancée hubby that is in Theo Lacy working
in the kitchen, night time shift? How long are they doing in?

Tiffany
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I have a *friend* of mine that is in Theo Lacy. Would I be able to send him a greeting card or would it be sent back? I hear they are only let out for 1 hour of each day for the day room,etc. What do you guys do to cheer your friends/loved ones that are locked up for 22+hours a day? Is there a limit on how many picture they can have in their possession? Thanks!

My brother is at Theo Lacy and also only allowed out 2 hours a day. I know that he loves pictures and books:yes:. I send him all kinds of books that have crosswords and funny facts stuff like that he loves any kind of mail :mail:. I hope this helped and if you need anything else I’m always here:hifive:.

betty_sp
09-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Does anybody know if the lockers @ Theo Lacy are working? I was there last week and they didnt work.
:confused:

zimmerdown
09-24-2010, 12:09 PM
I tried calling to find out if they were back, but no one had picked up.
You can try calling yourself if its that important to you: (714) 647-4666

STOMPER'S_LADY
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
I LIKE THEO LACY JAIL!ITS BETTER tHAN THE MAIN IN SANTA ANA!

betty_sp
02-11-2011, 03:27 PM
My hubby is almost out, but this is the first time i go pick up someone from jail. So how do u know when they have been release? Like literary out side the building >? I know they're out by midnite, but do they call know? To say they are coming out???

M.NAVA
02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
My hubby is almost out, but this is the first time i go pick up someone from jail. So how do u know when they have been release? Like literary out side the building >? I know they're out by midnite, but do they call know? To say they are coming out???

well he can call u that day to tell u he is gonna be out, or once hes out he can call u too, theres a payphone in there and he can use it to call u to let u know hes out and to go pick him up

Unonymous
02-23-2011, 12:55 AM
Hello all. As the thread suggests, I'm looking for answers/experiences and basically what to expect from surrender to time inside (such as in an isolation cell alone or with cell mate?) etc. You get the idea. I'm supposed to turn myself in the beginning of march and I'm looking to serve 120 days (not including the good behavior reduction so looking at 80 days) and I know I will be in protective custody.

So here are my questions please:

Will I be locked up for 22 hrs? If so, will I be alone or with cell mate?

What happens at surrender? Strip search, shower etc...? (I will be pre-booking a week in advance if that matters)

How are showers taken in protective custody? Is it often? At your discretion?

If locked down and only released for two hours a day, is that the only time to make phone calls, etc?

Any politics in protective custody or no?

If I think of more I'll ask asap. Thanks in advance everyone.

(dunno if it's relevant, but I have no criminal history and this is my first time going to jail.....and just to confirm yes I will be going into protective custody for sure.)

Tiffany
02-23-2011, 10:13 AM
Hello all. As the thread suggests, I'm looking for answers/experiences and basically what to expect from surrender to time inside (such as in an isolation cell alone or with cell mate?) etc. You get the idea. I'm supposed to turn myself in the beginning of march and I'm looking to serve 120 days (not including the good behavior reduction so looking at 80 days) and I know I will be in protective custody.

What happens at surrender? Strip search, shower etc...? (I will be pre-booking a week in advance if that matters)

If locked down and only released for two hours a day, is that the only time to make phone calls, etc?

(dunno if it's relevant, but I have no criminal history and this is my first time going to jail.....and just to confirm yes I will be going into protective custody for sure.)

If your PC you will be 22 hour lockdown, You'll either be in a cell alone or with another PC depending on your charge, When you go they will send you to be classified then shower you or maybe the other way around "it's been along time". When I was in county "Women’s County Jail" it went pretty easy, I wasn’t PC but it's all the same besides the color of you band. Don’t stress to much it was pretty easy going. I hope I answered most of your questions but feel free to come to me if you have more.

Grimlock
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM

(dunno if it's relevant, but I have no criminal history and this is my first time going to jail.....and just to confirm yes I will be going into protective custody for sure.)Are you male or female?

Why are you going into P.C.? I mean either you are scared to walk the mainline or you said or did something that requires PC.

No matter where you go into Jail or Prison there are always politics, always in some way shape or form. Considering this is your first time

1. Mind your business and other peoples property.

2. Don't walk around like a timid ass bunny, walk with confidence even if you are scared on the inside.

3. Don't take anything that isn't yours.

4. Be respectful to staff.

5. Protect yourself if you have to.

6. Work out

There is a possiblity that you can be housed with another inmate so be ready for that. If there is room you could be housed by yourself.

Timlove'sLove
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
My husband is in Theo Lacy right now waiting to get transferred to Wasco either tonight or thursday... Is there any way theyd just keep him in Lacy for the remaining 7 months of his sentence?

dankdean
05-18-2011, 01:13 PM
They want too Pre-book into theolacey today for house arrest and they say i have been approved.. All my homies that have gotten house arrest before has never had to prebook their selfs into any jail.. So why do i have too? Is it a way of getting into jail because I didnt get approved? They say I have to go sit threw the loop and get all my prints taken but I've already done that the previous times I've been to jail?

toooldforthis56
07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Gosh, I hope this isn't too dumb of a question. I have read and re-read everything there is about mail and what can and cannot be sent. I realize, of course, that the contents (I mean actual words, sentences, etc.) of letters cannot be threatening or give ideas on how to break out and all that :), but can the letters be somewhat...graphic in nature? If you get what I mean?

toooldforthis56
07-11-2011, 02:04 PM
I visited my husband on Saturday, after flying down to Orange County from Portland, OR. We got the usual 30 min visit, and when hubby went back, the deputy asked him why he was back so soon. Hubby said the 30 mins were up, but deputy said when someone travels over 300 miles, and has proof of a flight, they get at least a one hour visit. Has anyone heard of this? I checked all over the TLF website and could not verify this.

Thanks.

HisSunshine0071
07-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Gosh, I hope this isn't too dumb of a question. I have read and re-read everything there is about mail and what can and cannot be sent. I realize, of course, that the contents (I mean actual words, sentences, etc.) of letters cannot be threatening or give ideas on how to break out and all that :), but can the letters be somewhat...graphic in nature? If you get what I mean?

Not a dumb question at all....When my love was at Theo Lacy we used to send 'graphic' & very descriptive letters (if ya know what I mean) ;)..LOL..There were times when I would blush while reading them :p. I am sure the mail room people have seen & read them all...LOL... Even where he is now we keep the letters going :D. Hope this helps

HisSunshine0071
07-11-2011, 03:55 PM
I visited my husband on Saturday, after flying down to Orange County from Portland, OR. We got the usual 30 min visit, and when hubby went back, the deputy asked him why he was back so soon. Hubby said the 30 mins were up, but deputy said when someone travels over 300 miles, and has proof of a flight, they get at least a one hour visit. Has anyone heard of this? I checked all over the TLF website and could not verify this.

Thanks.

Last time I was there (April 2010) visits were 45 min & sometimes if it wasn't too busy we would get up to an hour (I had been going there every weekend for almost a year so the deputies were cool, sometimes..LOL) I have never heard of them extending visiting (in county) when you travel from so far :hmm: but that could've changed. I would call the Jail & ask, maybe next time you are out here you can get an hour.

toooldforthis56
07-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Not a dumb question at all....When my love was at Theo Lacy we used to send 'graphic' & very descriptive letters (if ya know what I mean) ;)..LOL..There were times when I would blush while reading them :p. I am sure the mail room people have seen & read them all...LOL... Even where he is now we keep the letters going :D. Hope this helps

Oh, thank you so much! I have been putting things in here and there, but now I know I can go to town! :p

HisSunshine0071
07-12-2011, 11:44 AM
Oh, thank you so much! I have been putting things in here and there, but now I know I can go to town! :p

You're welcome! I used to hold back & first but now I go to town (as you put it...LOL) :D

Snow Brown
07-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Does anyone know if it is true about a recent fight in Theo Lacy where an inmate got his testicles bitten?

toooldforthis56
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
All I know is my hubby was not able to call last night--I wondered what had happened.

Fork
07-20-2011, 04:16 AM
A family member was picked up as a SO (BJ from a girl close to legal age) and is being held at Theo Lacy Fac. I am worried for his safety since he is now classified as a SO. I hear the TLF has the SOs modular off, but what the heck does that mean? Is he going to be safe for his time? Further, is it possible at all to get him in to Musick?

Anyone with a similar circumstance, or even worse (but with a not so bad outcome), please respond! Thanks.

TrooperLove
08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Hi all, so my lil bro is just got tlf and he wants some books, idk how to send em, where to buy em? Does the same rules/process for prison count? Im not used to county. I misss my lil broo

HisSunshine0071
08-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi all, so my lil bro is just got tlf and he wants some books, idk how to send em, where to buy em? Does the same rules/process for prison count? Im not used to county. I misss my lil broo

Hello there! All books & magazines have to be sent from the publisher (Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Costco.com, Walmart.com, etc.) & they can only have a max of 5. Also one thing I learned while my hunny was in county is that you can send stamps diirectly to them thru usps.com

Hope this helps :D

TrooperLove
08-05-2011, 04:06 PM
hello there! All books & magazines have to be sent from the publisher (amazon.com, barnesandnoble.com, costco.com, walmart.com, etc.) & they can only have a max of 5. Also one thing i learned while my hunny was in county is that you can send stamps diirectly to them thru usps.com

hope this helps :d

thank u so much sunshine, that was alot of help. Pheew ill get my bro his books tmrw. Do they have to b soft covers? Or doesnt matter? Also can i go to barnes n noble n order them there as well? N thanks on the info with the stamps, i didnt know that one!

HisSunshine0071
08-05-2011, 04:37 PM
thank u so much sunshine, that was alot of help. Pheew ill get my bro his books tmrw. Do they have to b soft covers? Or doesnt matter? Also can i go to barnes n noble n order them there as well? N thanks on the info with the stamps, i didnt know that one!

Yes they must be soft cover. I am pretty sure you can order them from the store & then have them shipped to your lil bro; I don't think the shipping cost will be any different.
Yes the stamps thing was pretty cool when I found out cause they are pricey in commissary (but then again so is everything...LOL) My hunny hasn't been in county for a while BUT I was there enough weekends to know what was accepted & what was not ;) & I would've have loved to have found this site sooner where there are so many helpful people.

toooldforthis56
08-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Hello there! All books & magazines have to be sent from the publisher (Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, Costco.com, Walmart.com, etc.) & they can only have a max of 5. Also one thing I learned while my hunny was in county is that you can send stamps diirectly to them thru usps.com

Hope this helps :D

That's right. I have sent my hubby lots and lots of books from Amazon--and he has more than 5 at a time at TLF :D. After he reads them, he puts them in the so-called library. And sending stamps is a very good thing! I almost died when my husband told me the commissary charges 51 cents for each 44 cent stamp. I know the mark-up doesn't seem like much, but we send lots and lots of letters so it adds up.

HisSunshine0071
08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
That's right. I have sent my hubby lots and lots of books from Amazon--and he has more than 5 at a time at TLF :D. After he reads them, he puts them in the so-called library. And sending stamps is a very good thing! I almost died when my husband told me the commissary charges 51 cents for each 44 cent stamp. I know the mark-up doesn't seem like much, but we send lots and lots of letters so it adds up.
Yeah my babe did the same when he was at TLF, he would put them in the so called library. Where he's at now I just send him stuff thru his quarterly package. The mark up on everything is ridiculous!

TrooperLove
08-06-2011, 12:44 AM
SO I CAN SEND MORE THAN 5 ?? & I was on the usps website n the postal store online is awesome. lol Would we b able to send prestamped envelopes?

HisSunshine0071
08-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I sent a few but my babe preferred the big book of stamps ;)

TrooperLove
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Ok i got another question, we have sent my bro cards before but today we sent one in a pink envelope...can he receive it??? Cuz a longgg time ago when my hubby was at lacy they? Didnt allow it

HisSunshine0071
08-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Ok i got another question, we have sent my bro cards before but today we sent one in a pink envelope...can he receive it??? Cuz a longgg time ago when my hubby was at lacy they? Didnt allow it

You should be fine..I used to send different colored envelopes all the time. Just make sure the card has no glitter.

TrooperLove
08-08-2011, 11:29 PM
You should be fine..I used to send different colored envelopes all the time. Just make sure the card has no glitter.

Okie dokie. Hopefully we don't get it back. Lol BTW I got him his books, I went to the store it was so easy. Thankks

TrooperLove
08-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Does anyone know if an inmate in county can write an inmate in state prison directly or do we have to 3way the letters??? My bro is trying to write our dad n his brother in law.

Barbie2390
08-12-2011, 12:25 PM
I have a couple questions my husband just got transferred for the 3rd time and now he's in Theo lacy.
1.) how are visits like behind glass or in person?
2.) how Long does the wait normally take to see them
3.) best day to visit?
I plan on going in 2 weeks so I'm a lil curious.

HisSunshine0071
08-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I have a couple questions my husband just got transferred for the 3rd time and now he's in Theo lacy.
1.) how are visits like behind glass or in person? - Visits are behind glass
2.) how Long does the wait normally take to see them - anywhere from 15 mins to almost 2 hours (depends if they are working or aren't called out of their dorm. The check in process is usually pretty quick; it's when you get an assigned booth that the wait game begins. I waited over an hour maybe 3 times & that was cause the Deputy at the dorm was being an azz & wouldn't call anyone out..lol)
3.) best day to visit? - I used to go Friday's after work, like 5ish & Saturday's & Sunday's early in the AM. Make sure you get in the correct line. The line closests to the lockers are for inmates in Protective Custody..the other line is for Gen Pop.
I plan on going in 2 weeks so I'm a lil curious.

Make sure you park in the parking structure, if you park across the street near the stores & restaurants your car can be towed. The first time I visited I was so nervous but people who visit regularly helped me out.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Barbie2390
08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Thank you very much. I'm a bit nervous to go

HisSunshine0071
08-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Thank you very much. I'm a bit nervous to go
You'll be fine. Make sure u leave ur purse in the lockers or take a small wallet/coin purse for ur ID . Visits r 45 mins (for Gen Pop) sometimes we'd get an extra 15 mins, it all depended on the deputy. I always took baby wipies or alcohol wipes for the phones, just a thought =)

Barbie2390
08-15-2011, 09:46 PM
How do you know if there in gen pop or not? Is there a chance he can get transferred back to MCJ

TrooperLove
08-16-2011, 12:26 AM
Hhhmm well im not too sure but i dont think that the line closest to the lockers are for inmates that are pc! At least not all of em... Actually, most of em arent. The difference between the lines is their housinng. They r either in the berricks or mods.... But both of em house pc inmates. I will get all the correct info asap tho. Unless someone else can help out

daisybaby
08-16-2011, 09:35 AM
You'll know if he tells you where he is housed at. The barracks are all the way at the back and they house general population. I think they have two..F and G? The line for this specific group is closest to the entrance. There are also the modules (I can't recall if there's 8 or 10 total, but I know for certain I, K, L, M, N, O, Q, R are some of the modules [Not sure if J or P are existing mods]). The line for this group of people is the one closest to the exit. When you sign in, they will tell you which line to go to. If they don't, you can ask or just look on the slip of paper they will give you: it will tell you where they are housed. If you're in general pop, you normally don't wait that long. If you're in the mods, it could be a while :/

I know someone else already answered the parking question, but I've never had any problem parking at the Block across the street and I've been going here every weekend for the past year. As long as you don't park at the Carl's Jr. (They recently got a security guard to monitor the parking lot), you should be good...a lot of people do it. Unless you want to pay $1.25/$1.50 for every half hour...

Hope this helps!

daisybaby
08-16-2011, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know if an inmate in county can write an inmate in state prison directly or do we have to 3way the letters??? My bro is trying to write our dad n his brother in law.

I will ask my boyfriend. Not too sure on this one. He told me someone in their mod received a letter from someone that was sent upstate. However, I don't think they are able to write letters to people upstate :/ I will ask though. :)

hellokat24
09-22-2011, 02:04 AM
My bf is getting a year in county jail his case is none violent does that mean he's serving 50% percent jail time? I need help he's been there since 8/2/11 next court date for him to take the year deal is 12/7/11

Thank you

toooldforthis56
10-01-2011, 01:02 AM
There are a couple of posts about this subject, but nothing that fully answers my questions. I live in Oregon, and my husband is at Theo Lacy, but soon to be released. I want to fly down to be there when he is released, but I understand that this can happen practically in the middle of the night. Will he be able to call me? I think I read that there is a pay phone, but will he have change for that? He will have commissary money, but I'm guessing that will be a check. If he can call me, I can come pick him up, of course, but I just don't know how this works. I would wait outside all night if necessary, but are they released out the same door where we go in to visit? And can I park there?

Thanks for any help.

HisSunshine0071
10-01-2011, 08:51 PM
There are a couple of posts about this subject, but nothing that fully answers my questions. I live in Oregon, and my husband is at Theo Lacy, but soon to be released. I want to fly down to be there when he is released, but I understand that this can happen practically in the middle of the night. Will he be able to call me? I think I read that there is a pay phone, but will he have change for that? He will have commissary money, but I'm guessing that will be a check. If he can call me, I can come pick him up, of course, but I just don't know how this works. I would wait outside all night if necessary, but are they released out the same door where we go in to visit? And can I park there?

Thanks for any help.
Congrats on his upcoming release :)
I believe they get cash upon their release if they have $ on their books. There is a payphone there & I'm sure he can ask the cashier for change n he can call u. He will be release thru the same door u exit when visiting. U might try calling the facility n ask if u can park right outside & what time r the releases. I've heard or people being release at kinds of crazy hours. Good luck!

HisSunshine0071
10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
My bf is getting a year in county jail his case is none violent does that mean he's serving 50% percent jail time? I need help he's been there since 8/2/11 next court date for him to take the year deal is 12/7/11

Thank you

He may not find out the % until his court date. U might wanna try calling his lawyer or Public Defender for more info. I know my hunny didn't find out till he was sentenced, he was also told that day how much credit he was getting for time served & good behavior.

toooldforthis56
10-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Congrats on his upcoming release :)
I believe they get cash upon their release if they have $ on their books. There is a payphone there & I'm sure he can ask the cashier for change n he can call u. He will be release thru the same door u exit when visiting. U might try calling the facility n ask if u can park right outside & what time r the releases. I've heard or people being release at kinds of crazy hours. Good luck!

Thank you so much for the information! It would be great if they gave him cash for the $ on his books so he can call me. It would make it all so much easier. Thanks again, and thanks for the congrats, too. I am pretty excited about it (and so is he).

hellokat24
10-02-2011, 11:32 PM
@hissunshine Thanks for that information. I will get in contact with his public defender a month before his court date it's still to soon to call. (:

maggie5john
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
My boyfriend is at theo lacy still going back n forth with court.I checked online and it says he has an appearance at " special activities/court orders" does anyone know what that means or what kind of court this is?

JLP
12-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi there - does anyone know if something is going on with the inmate phones at Theo Lacy this weekend? Since Friday, I haven't been able to pick up and accept any calls, as soon as I try to answer the calls have just been disconnecting, before getting to the Global Tel Link automated recording....I know it's been happening when he calls his brother and dad also. I called the jail and they said they know nothing, I'm going to call Global Tel Link but they aren't open until Monday, I was hoping to set my man at ease during visiting today if possible he's freaking out over it. Thank you!!!

D4C
12-11-2011, 11:14 AM
I would suggest calling GTL, I've had that problem before... I think it just has something to do with their computers.

JLP
12-11-2011, 03:41 PM
Thank you!!! :) I will do that.

hellokat24
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
That happened to me on Wednesday. I had a balanced of 20 bucks I would accept my the calls then I wouldn't hear anything! It did it four times. It took all my money. I called GTL and let them know. They said it takes 3-5 days for investigation/ refund which it BS. They better refund my account.

D4C
12-12-2011, 12:09 AM
That happened to me on Wednesday. I had a balanced of 20 bucks I would accept my the calls then I wouldn't hear anything! It did it four times. It took all my money. I called GTL and let them know. They said it takes 3-5 days for investigation/ refund which it BS. They better refund my account.

That is BS. I have had them put me on hold, listen to the recording of the call & then tell me that they were refunding my money & it would be on my account the next day. Next time ask to speak with a supervisior.

hellokat24
12-12-2011, 01:35 AM
That is BS. I have had them put me on hold, listen to the recording of the call & then tell me that they were refunding my money & it would be on my account the next day. Next time ask to speak with a supervisior.

I'm going to call tomorrow! I hate that damn company. By the way where is your man located?

HisSunshine0071
12-12-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm going to call tomorrow! I hate that damn company. By the way where is your man located?

I agree with D4C, call & ask to speak to a supervisor....when my man was at Theo Lacy we had that happen a few times & I would call & ask for a refund & after a few calls I would ask for a supervisor & eventually had my account credited... keep calling & good luck!

JLP
01-24-2012, 09:27 PM
Same here...apparently his dad and I were added to some Do Not Call list GTL has???? So ridiculous, but at least it was an easy fix. All I had to do was call them and they straightened it all out!

JLP
01-29-2012, 01:48 PM
I am curious if anyone knows....my bf has been housed in the hospital at Theo Lacy for the last few months (O-Mod) for no apparent reason. The last few weeks he has been having me call classification to see about having him moved out of there...well he was sentenced on Friday, and that evening one of the guys from classification came by to see him and told him that they moved him to the top of the list to transfer out of Theo Lacy over to Wasco (he has been in county five and half years now), and wanted to see if that would suffice. He's happy with that, and so am I, he's soooo ready to get out of there and get on with things, and I couldn't agree more. I'm wondering if anyone knows though:

-how soon I may be able to expect him to leave
-if there are certain days out of the week they move them
-if he will be allowed to make any phone calls before leaving

I was planning on going to see him this coming weekend, if he transfers I will have to wait until I get approved over at Wasco though, and I have to fly down to SoCal for visits as it is....so I don't want to go down if it's going to be a waste and he will already have left. Just trying to see if it's even reasonable that he would be picked up sometime within a week of hearing about it, and if I will be able to hear from him and know that he's heading out (no phones in reception at Wasco.) Any information or help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone :D

daisybaby
01-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I am curious if anyone knows....my bf has been housed in the hospital at Theo Lacy for the last few months (O-Mod) for no apparent reason. The last few weeks he has been having me call classification to see about having him moved out of there...well he was sentenced on Friday, and that evening one of the guys from classification came by to see him and told him that they moved him to the top of the list to transfer out of Theo Lacy over to Wasco (he has been in county five and half years now), and wanted to see if that would suffice. He's happy with that, and so am I, he's soooo ready to get out of there and get on with things, and I couldn't agree more. I'm wondering if anyone knows though:

-how soon I may be able to expect him to leave
-if there are certain days out of the week they move them
-if he will be allowed to make any phone calls before leaving

I was planning on going to see him this coming weekend, if he transfers I will have to wait until I get approved over at Wasco though, and I have to fly down to SoCal for visits as it is....so I don't want to go down if it's going to be a waste and he will already have left. Just trying to see if it's even reasonable that he would be picked up sometime within a week of hearing about it, and if I will be able to hear from him and know that he's heading out (no phones in reception at Wasco.) Any information or help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks everyone :D

From what my boyfriend tells me, they don't know when they'll be transferred. It could be tonight, in a few days or maybe in a few weeks. They just randomly call their names and tell them to "roll it up" because they're gonna be leaving. They don't get an opportunity to call anyone at this time (if someone could confirm this, it'd be awesome!). It'll be updated online so you'll know if he's still at Lacy or not, so I'd suggest checking the "Who's In Jail" feature on ocsd.org

Hope this helps!

Xiu Xiu
01-30-2012, 09:20 PM
They leave on Wednesday's (and fridays too. I think) Wednesday i know for sure They will tell them around 12am that they will be coming around 4am to pick them up. That is if the CO on duty is not a jerk.

JLP
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
From what my boyfriend tells me, they don't know when they'll be transferred. It could be tonight, in a few days or maybe in a few weeks. They just randomly call their names and tell them to "roll it up" because they're gonna be leaving. They don't get an opportunity to call anyone at this time (if someone could confirm this, it'd be awesome!). It'll be updated online so you'll know if he's still at Lacy or not, so I'd suggest checking the "Who's In Jail" feature on ocsd.org

Hope this helps!

It does, thank you! :)

JLP
02-01-2012, 10:42 AM
They leave on Wednesday's (and fridays too. I think) Wednesday i know for sure They will tell them around 12am that they will be coming around 4am to pick them up. That is if the CO on duty is not a jerk.

Thank you! :)

Banditswifey
02-22-2012, 02:53 PM
[QUOTE=RedHerring;2635007]Does anyone know how to set up to get calls from Orange County Jail. I have a friend there who hasn't been able to call anyone. When he tries the recording tells him that the numbers are blocked. How does he go about setting up numbers so he can call out?

TRY GLOBAL TEL LINK THEYRE PEICES ARE CHEAP 800 483 8314 its a prepaid company. U can deposit 25 or 50 dollars., and if the calls are still blocked after you setup a account try calling rhe customer service dep or google global tel link it gives u all the info u need.

Banditswifey
02-22-2012, 02:54 PM
My boyfriend is at theo lacy still going back n forth with court.I checked online and it says he has an appearance at " special activities/court orders" does anyone know what that means or what kind of court this is?

that means he is seeing parole board.to get his parole violation time.

Banditswifey
02-22-2012, 02:58 PM

Thats been happening to me and my husband too sometimes the guards get a bit on the lazy side and dont jump on things. Tell him to b patient.

JLP
02-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Thats been happening to me and my husband too sometimes the guards get a bit on the lazy side and dont jump on things. Tell him to b patient.

Ours has been taking FOR.EV.ER. too, like two weeks for a letter. A book I ordered for him, that was delivered 1/27, STILL hasn't been given to him. I call that mail room EVERY DAY bothering them about that book!

Banditswifey
03-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah its just the mail room....it sucks

hellokat24
03-24-2012, 02:01 AM
Can anybody answer my question?

My bf is about to finish his 8 month sentence on 4-02-12 but he has a L.A county hold. He has a stupid misdemeanor in LA county. He missed a court because he was of course in Jail. He has a bail of 5,000. I will be bailing him out. Does anybody know how long will it take for him to be release after I post the bail?

Xiu Xiu
03-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Most likely he won't be able to bail out. Parole will probably keep the hold.

hellokat24
03-24-2012, 10:33 PM
He's not on parole, he's has probation. But he doesn't have a probation hold. He has bailed out before even tho he was on probation.

Xiu Xiu
03-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Then I believe it will all depend on how fast the bondsman process the bond and then how many people will be released that particular day and how fast the jail processes them out as well.

hellokat24
03-25-2012, 01:52 AM
I paid the 10% already they said they would post the bail two days before his release date. With that being done they are supposed to call my bf to roll it up at 4/1/12 @ might night. I hope they let him out :/

Nanosgirl
03-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if there was a fight in the mods today?

daisybaby
03-30-2012, 10:40 AM
It depends what mod/sector you're referring to...my guy is in L and there wasn't any fights in that mod...

Nanosgirl
03-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh my god. How funny. So is mine!! I wonder if they know eachother lol

thegk
05-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Hi ladies. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm an aspiring author and the current story I'm writing has a character incarcerated at theo lacy. All your posts have helped me out some much thus far just a couple of things I was hoping you could clear up for me. One, if a guy is awaiting trial for what could be his third strike he wouldn't be housed in general population right? Meaning from what I've read here he would be in one of the mods, right? Secondly when you visit (at theo lacy) and if he's in the mods, what do those rooms look like? Is it like all the movies where your behind that pane of glass or can you actually sit face to face with him? Are there other inmates in the same room as you with their folks visiting them, how many guards are there? Sorry my question is so long, hope someone can help.

daisybaby
05-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi ladies. I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I'm an aspiring author and the current story I'm writing has a character incarcerated at theo lacy. All your posts have helped me out some much thus far just a couple of things I was hoping you could clear up for me. One, if a guy is awaiting trial for what could be his third strike he wouldn't be housed in general population right? Meaning from what I've read here he would be in one of the mods, right? Secondly when you visit (at theo lacy) and if he's in the mods, what do those rooms look like? Is it like all the movies where your behind that pane of glass or can you actually sit face to face with him? Are there other inmates in the same room as you with their folks visiting them, how many guards are there? Sorry my question is so long, hope someone can help.

As far as the security level of the person goes, I am not sure. It all comes down to classification and his prior stays at the jail. When I talked with deputies while on a tour, they said classification considers pretty much everything before they end up housing them. Even if he is a third striker, there may be a possibility he is housed in general? I'm gonna let someone else take over that question here.

The visiting room for mods is split into nine booths, with two on the sides having a door that you can close (it's mostly for protective custody inmates, but sometimes white banders go in there too! :D); there's a wall barrier/divider splitting each booth which gives you some space....there's a plexiglass in between you and your visitor and a phone through which you may talk through. So in the end, you get to have a face to face visit, but its no contact (same goes for general). And there can be up to 9 people per visiting session (inmates). Sometimes its maxed at nine, other times you're the only one there with your loved one. The deputies don't go out there during the visits to monitor; they do that from the bubble (their little command center or whatever its called). Sometimes, if they're cool, they'll go out and talk to the visitors through the plexiglass, but for the most part they only come out if they have to.

Hope this helps!

thegk
05-22-2012, 04:06 PM
That helps a ton...I will have to rewrite some but better to get it right then have it flawed. Ok so if the guards aren't there and u can't have a cell phone (about the only way people tell time these days) how do they let you know the time is up? does the phone just go dead?

As far as the security level of the person goes, I am not sure. It all comes down to classification and his prior stays at the jail. When I talked with deputies while on a tour, they said classification considers pretty much everything before they end up housing them. Even if he is a third striker, there may be a possibility he is housed in general? I'm gonna let someone else take over that question here.

The visiting room for mods is split into nine booths, with two on the sides having a door that you can close (it's mostly for protective custody inmates, but sometimes white banders go in there too! :D); there's a wall barrier/divider splitting each booth which gives you some space....there's a plexiglass in between you and your visitor and a phone through which you may talk through. So in the end, you get to have a face to face visit, but its no contact (same goes for general). And there can be up to 9 people per visiting session (inmates). Sometimes its maxed at nine, other times you're the only one there with your loved one. The deputies don't go out there during the visits to monitor; they do that from the bubble (their little command center or whatever its called). Sometimes, if they're cool, they'll go out and talk to the visitors through the plexiglass, but for the most part they only come out if they have to.

Hope this helps!

HisSunshine0071
05-22-2012, 04:27 PM
That helps a ton...I will have to rewrite some but better to get it right then have it flawed. Ok so if the guards aren't there and u can't have a cell phone (about the only way people tell time these days) how do they let you know the time is up? does the phone just go dead?

The phone just goes dead & you can't hear anymore. For Gen Pop visitation there are about 30+ booths (no doors) like the previous poster mentioned.

daisybaby
05-22-2012, 09:33 PM
The phone just goes dead & you can't hear anymore. For Gen Pop visitation there are about 30+ booths (no doors) like the previous poster mentioned.

Yep. You go in expecting at least a 30 minute visit, and depending on how busy the mods are or the mood of the guards, you may end up leaving with a two hour visit(: happens very rarely, but it has happened before. At Lacy though, I'd say the average visit is 40 to 45 minutes.

And yeah, they basically say out loud over the speakers "Attention visitors: visiting is now over. Please return back to the lobby and inmates return to your cells." Then its a few seconds on the phones before they shut them off :(