View Full Version : Distance transferred to prison??

prisongirl
02-10-2004, 07:35 PM
Just wondering, how far away from home were you transferred or had to self-surrender to a federal prison? Were you close or far from home?

Holly6005
02-11-2004, 11:54 AM
Are you talking about state or federal? If federal, I live in Cincinnati and I am scheduled to self surrender in Philadelphia, PA......600 Miles/10 hour drive for a 10 month sentence.....They send you to where ever is good for them....Sorry I couldn't give you better news......Holly

prisongirl
02-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I'm being sent to a federal prison. So, they can send me to a prison that is over 1000 miles from where I live? That sucks!! There is one that came up as a possibility that is about 1300 miles from where I live.

cjjack
02-12-2004, 09:21 AM
I was lucky at first. At my sentencing the Judge requested that I be sent as close to East Tennesse as possible and I was transferred to FPC Lexington. Thats only about 3 hours from where I live. I was then transferred a few more times to attend the RDAP program but that was my choice. I ended up in Texas, 1500 miles away! Where do you live?

kintml2u
02-12-2004, 10:35 AM
Welcome to PTO!

My finacÚ is about 1400 miles from home. However his first placement was 350 miles from home. And this is in federal prisons.

If you haven't been sentenced yet...I would suggest you try to check out a few locations...see what you can find on them. We do have some information on PTO...most within the federal folder....but there is also stuff scattered through out.

If the judge recommends a location....I think more often they "try" to send you there. But...ofcourse...as you will learn or already learning....the BOP can do what they want...how they want...whenever they want!

Keep in mind the current population of the location you seek. Going for one that is not nearly over-populated as the next might be a better choice even if it's alittle farther!

Glad to have you here on PTO!

Diane

prisongirl
02-12-2004, 08:52 PM
Unfortunately, due to the length of my sentence, I'm not able to go to a prison camp, I'm being sent to a federal institution. From what I've checked on them, there aren't many of those around.

Holly6005
02-16-2004, 10:51 AM
Where are you at? I will see what I can find on female prisons closest to you?