View Full Version : Faribault phone call questions

KARSIS
01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Hello all --

New to this so please bear with me.

Family member was recently transferred to Faribault from PCF. He'd like to call his kids (age 12 & 14) who live in northern MN, area code 218. Kids' mother is agreeable to calls but would prefer that her land line not be used.

Any guidance on what would be the least costly way to do this? I've read all I can find on the subject but still have questions.

I've been told to get a pre-paid cell phone with Faribault area code and prefix - that way the charges to his phone card will be at the best rate. Any experience with this? Or are cell phones not approved for calls? This would be a phone used only for calls from Faribault. The kids have other cell phones for personal use.

Any advice or suggestions if this plan is not feasible?

Thanks for your help.

Tara109
04-30-2010, 09:25 PM
The best way is to get a cell phone with a number local to Faribault. I have been using this method for about 2 months now and every call has been 37cents each. This also worked for St. Cloud. I had a number local to Saint Cloud and calls were 37cents each.

Hello all --

New to this so please bear with me.

Family member was recently transferred to Faribault from PCF. He'd like to call his kids (age 12 & 14) who live in northern MN, area code 218. Kids' mother is agreeable to calls but would prefer that her land line not be used.

Any guidance on what would be the least costly way to do this? I've read all I can find on the subject but still have questions.

I've been told to get a pre-paid cell phone with Faribault area code and prefix - that way the charges to his phone card will be at the best rate. Any experience with this? Or are cell phones not approved for calls? This would be a phone used only for calls from Faribault. The kids have other cell phones for personal use.

Any advice or suggestions if this plan is not feasible?

Thanks for your help.

newprisonwife
05-02-2010, 01:28 AM
i have also been using cell with area code of facility, just as Tara 109 has. The calls are 37 cents a minute. Good Luck

KARSIS
08-12-2010, 11:16 PM
I did as you suggested - got a prepaid cellphone with local Faribault prefix. Has been working great. Thanks for your suggestion.