View Full Version : MI Legislature Question...

2Scorpios
02-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew if we have anything in the legislature regarding ammending the 3 strikes law? Ok dont mean to sould like i know what i am talking about here...but i am trying. This may be helpful in our situation and a friend of mine also wants to beging to actively protest this law as well. Thanks for any help you cna provide.

Dawn
:cuffs:

StacysWar030
02-11-2004, 06:58 AM
Well now I'm the one who feels stupid, I didn't even kow we had a 3 strikes law, other then for DUI! Do you kow the MCL code for this law?

Here's a link to the Michigan Legislature. You can track bills, PA and look up laws.

http://michiganlegislature.org/

Hope this helps.

Stacy

2Scorpios
02-11-2004, 07:11 AM
Ok Stacy...the one i am talking of is the 3 time felony thing with sentencing. "Habitual Offender" I believe. Dont know if this helps describe what i am trying to ask...TY for the link...

Dawn

johns_wife_to_b
02-11-2004, 07:30 AM
sheesh...i didn't even know they had a 3-strikes for DUI, let alone anything else.

sande

StacysWar030
02-11-2004, 07:43 AM
Now the Habitual Offender (from my understanding) has to do with sentencing at the time of the last offense. I will look to see what is going on with all that. But I would probably need a little more info on your specific case to really be helpful. Was he sentenced as an Habitual? and if so what were his "other" offenses? You don't have to answer me here if you don't want, you can always PM me! If you go into the Legislature and click on Bills then click "detailed category" then it will bring up all the NEW things going on. Look under Parole, Prisoner and Criminal Procedures. Hope that helps in Navigating the sight.

Stacy