View Full Version : What's Taylorville like?

Susana0123
01-19-2010, 09:48 PM
My boyfriend was sentenced to 18 years (yikes!) and has been in Centralia for just over a year. He may be able to transfer to Taylorville, which is a little closer to me in Chicago, and also lower security. This sounds nice, but what is it really like? He's in a 2 man cell now and Taylorville is supposed to be a dorm. Is visitation good? Are the programs actually useful? What have your guys said about it? What's visitation like? If you stay overnight, do you stay somewhere in Springfield? Thanks everyone!

seagrtj
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
My boyfriend was sentenced to 18 years (yikes!) and has been in Centralia for just over a year. He may be able to transfer to Taylorville, which is a little closer to me in Chicago, and also lower security. This sounds nice, but what is it really like? He's in a 2 man cell now and Taylorville is supposed to be a dorm. Is visitation good? Are the programs actually useful? What have your guys said about it? What's visitation like? If you stay overnight, do you stay somewhere in Springfield? Thanks everyone!

Taylorville is probably the easiest prison to be in. There is alot of movement, yard & rec, alot of school programs. It is dorms. 20 men in one room, but that isnt always a good thing. Visits are good, very open and they are not on you very hard. There are a couple hotels in Taylorville you could stay at. I honestly don't know if they will let him go there though because of the length of his sentence remaining. Also, if he has any gang affiliation or if he ever has the will not let him go there. If he is all tattood up with anything that could be gang related he will not be able to go.

Susana0123
01-22-2010, 08:22 PM
Taylorville is probably the easiest prison to be in. There is alot of movement, yard & rec, alot of school programs. It is dorms. 20 men in one room, but that isnt always a good thing. Visits are good, very open and they are not on you very hard. There are a couple hotels in Taylorville you could stay at. I honestly don't know if they will let him go there though because of the length of his sentence remaining. Also, if he has any gang affiliation or if he ever has the will not let him go there. If he is all tattood up with anything that could be gang related he will not be able to go.

Thanks for the help. Did you do time there? How long ago? My boyfriend doesn't have any gang affiliation or tattoos. And I'm hoping his sentence gets reduced after an appeal. Is it true they call it Camp Cupcake?

seagrtj
02-01-2010, 10:56 PM
yes that is what they call it. it is nice because the dorms have A/C. those who call it camp cupcake just with they could go there that is all.