View Full Version : ACCESS CORRECTION : has anybody used this service to send money ?

loveinnyc118
01-19-2010, 08:52 AM
hi everyone

does anybody use money deposit service for commissary account from this company called ACCESS CORRECTION ?

Jpay doesn't service where my bf is but ACCESS CORRECTION does
i never used this company before
so i wanna know about how fast they get money and stuff
according to their website money should get to them in a few min.
but after that it depends on how fast facility handles it they say ....

so if anybody knows about this , please reply
any info appreciated

thanks in advance

Critter07
01-19-2010, 09:03 AM
Yep, I use them and it's the only service I've used that hasn't had a problem. They're great. Generally, if I send money on one day, the facility pulls it off and credits his account the following morning, though I believe it is sent by Access Corrections within about 15 minute from the time of the transaction. When it hits the inmate account depends then on the facility.

loveinnyc118
01-19-2010, 09:22 AM
Yep, I use them and it's the only service I've used that hasn't had a problem. They're great. Generally, if I send money on one day, the facility pulls it off and credits his account the following morning, though I believe it is sent by Access Corrections within about 15 minute from the time of the transaction. When it hits the inmate account depends then on the facility.

ok , sounds good
thanks

i wanted to make sure this company is legitimate before i give up my credit card number
but now i know its ok to do so ;)
and service seems to be quick which is wonderful
i wish i had known about this company earlier instead of worrying about if my bf got money order in the mail and fee is not that bad
instead sending $20 , i'm gonna send $19.99 so fee will be a little cheaper :D

thanks very much

loveinnyc118
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
i just called his facility to make sure they let me deposit thru this company
but whoever i spoke to denied that i can do it that way
he said either only cash or money order

now i'm scared to send money in case it gets stuck somewhere and doesn't get to him

PhilB
01-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Please don't give them your credit card number until you have verified their business license and checked them out with the Better Business Bureau. Open a new account that you can access with a debit card and only keep enough money in it for his prison funds. This way they can't really rip you off with only a few dollars in the account. You can always transfer funds into it over the internet as needed.

I am very suspicious of anyone saying they can make transfers to inmate accounts so fast. I doubt the prison has given them their bank account information. Only if their Commissary is run by an outside private company that allows direct deposit for inmate store credit could this work.

dk0315
01-20-2010, 01:40 PM
I make deposits through Access Corrections and have been for a long time. I called the jail and they told me Access Corrections was the approved vendor. My brother tells me the money gets to him almost as soon as I send it. I have never had any problems and my brother says how much better it is than when I used to send money orders. He says those could take like 2 weeks to get to him. I would recommend using them.

susy dahmer
01-20-2010, 02:23 PM
i use ACCESS Corrections for 6 months now and my pen pal has always had his money on his account .access corrections works well for me

PhilB
01-20-2010, 03:05 PM
[ I called the jail and they told me Access Corrections was the approved vendor. ]

OK, this explains how they are doing it. Originally it sounded like the deposits were going directly into a prison account which didn't sound right. Too bad it is not available in all states.
I have a question though. Do they still take out prison deductions on the money sent to the store vendor? States like WA take out approx 50% on any money sent in to inmates accounts. Here the commissary is run by the state.

loveinnyc118
01-21-2010, 08:47 AM
thanks for all the reply

anyway
so i sent money out on tuesday afternoon ( i think it was after 3 o'clock so i knew it was kinda late to be transferred on the same day :( )

but now it's thursday morning and it's still sitting in my bank account as PENDING transaction :mad:
is this because his facility hasn't picked it up yet or what ? :confused:

i'm calling his jail today to see what's going on

loveinnyc118
01-21-2010, 09:22 AM
never mind
i just called the jail and its in his acct already

Dollface.09
01-21-2010, 11:12 AM
They have it here also!! But they charge $7 per transaction.

So if i was to send him $20 through that, it would cost me $27

But if i was to just mail a money order, it would cost me $20.50

Make sense?

chrissysatan
01-27-2010, 05:33 AM
i just used it. Im glad most everyone says it works! lol

tiffanyxoxrenee
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I love access corrections i use them now and the money goes into his account within 24 hours the jail he is in is kind of slow lol but i love the company they are very helpful it makes it so much easier then sending a money order

Ipnotik
03-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Hi I was wondering if the Access Corrections works in Idaho? if someone know ??? thank you in advance

PTO-97580
03-19-2010, 09:27 PM
I am very suspicious of anyone saying they can make transfers to inmate accounts so fast. I doubt the prison has given them their bank account information. Only if their Commissary is run by an outside private company that allows direct deposit for inmate store credit could this work.

Western Union does this for the Feds. It's usually in their account within minutes.

PhilB
03-19-2010, 10:34 PM
That's the BOP and they probably set that up with Western Union. I was thinking of the state system, at least in WA where US Postal Money Orders are recommended and the money placed on the books immediately when received.

Johanna Denise
03-20-2010, 01:42 AM
hi everyone

does anybody use money deposit service for commissary account from this company called ACCESS CORRECTION ?

Jpay doesn't service where my bf is but ACCESS CORRECTION does
i never used this company before
so i wanna know about how fast they get money and stuff
according to their website money should get to them in a few min.
but after that it depends on how fast facility handles it they say ....

so if anybody knows about this , please reply
any info appreciated

thanks in advance

i wanna use them. I 've sent him packages thru them but not money. Sorry i know no the answer you wanted but I can say that I have never had any problems with any packages I've sent him thru them

PTO-97580
03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
Actually, most states have these systems set up with JPay or similar services where money can be applied to an inmates books in a relatively short period of time by phone or computer using debit or credit cards.

I would be surprised if Washington didnt have a similar arrangement

That's the BOP and they probably set that up with Western Union. I was thinking of the state system, at least in WA where US Postal Money Orders are recommended and the money placed on the books immediately when received.

AKSheepy
03-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Hi I was wondering if the Access Corrections works in Idaho? if someone know ??? thank you in advance

If you go into Access and search for the inmate and facility to add to your address book, if they do not accept it you wont be able to find them. Hope that helps :)

Tammie_M3ENF
09-20-2014, 12:49 PM
I know this is an old thread but hoping someone can help me, my pal just told me about Access Corrections and gave me the web address. But when I try to go to the site I get a white page with "you are forbidden to access this website". I've tried on three different devices (1 desktop computer, 1 laptop and my iPad). I can see the site in search results but just cannot get on it.

frostwoman1954
09-20-2014, 01:12 PM
Try this: https://www.accesscorrections.com

Michele

Tammie_M3ENF
09-20-2014, 02:07 PM
Nope, doesn't work for me... "403 Forbidden". :(

blah8705
09-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Nope, doesn't work for me... "403 Forbidden". :(

Could it be because you're international? It's working perfectly fine for me. :shrug:

Tammie_M3ENF
09-20-2014, 02:39 PM
I've had a tech friend look at it and it's a server issue. I have a browser add-on that changes my location, I've changed it to USA and I still get the same issue. Strange if it's working for you... you'd think the site would be internationally anyway.

fbopnomore
09-20-2014, 04:12 PM
It works for me too, my computer got through on two browsers, internet explorer and Firefox.

lilay
09-20-2014, 10:50 PM
It only works when you access is from the US or are able to use a US IP number. I also live overseas and couldnīt access it until I changed my IP number to a US one.

Jessica B
09-21-2014, 09:04 PM
I've had a tech friend look at it and it's a server issue. I have a browser add-on that changes my location, I've changed it to USA and I still get the same issue. Strange if it's working for you... you'd think the site would be internationally anyway.

Good Evening & Sorry You Having A Difficult Time On Logging In Access Deposit .

I Love Their Service & Had An Account For 2yrs (Now)
Since My Better Half Bren Lock Up.

Here's Is Their Phone Number & It's Safe (Legit)
1-866-345-1884 & They Representative Will Help You Set Up A New Account For Your Love One.

GabesWifeyBoo
09-22-2014, 07:14 PM
That's who I send my hubby's money to, they are OK. Takes a while for them to post money but I have had no major problems as of yet with them.

alyssa123
10-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Do you know how to change the Ip number to a US one? Also do you know how long it takes for the inmate to receive an e-mail? I made my Mom send one for me 5 days ago and he still hasn't received it.

lilay
10-20-2014, 01:40 PM
There are different programs that you can download. Some are free some cost money. Hotspot shield is a free one for example. Proxpn costs money but it significantly better but before you download any program I would make sure that Access corrections accepts your credit card. As far as I believe they only accept US-issued credit cards and that means any other credit card that was not issued in the US will not go through.

Tosher
12-18-2014, 04:42 AM
It dopen't work internationally and they have no plans on making that happen. I found an email address for them so contacted them and that what their reply was. Missouri Doc told me they were looking into it last week but haven't come back yet and I haven't found anywhere in the UK that bothers with US MONEY orders any longer :-(