View Full Version : Getting dressed up to go out and catch some male attention?

Wobabi
01-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Morning Sunshines:)

Do you ever get dressed up and go out to catch some male eyes?
Is that considered cheating?:o
This weather has been so crazy I have not been able to visit,,,I just feel like going out all sexy to the mall or downtown.
I want to toss off these Uggs(so not sexy) and put on my stilletto fur-trims and go window shopping on the Miracle mile.
I told Boo and he said as long as they look and don't touch:rolleyes:
Am I the only one?

AnDrEw'sGiRl
01-16-2010, 10:42 AM
to funny......i do this once in awhile myself. Sometimes a woman needs to feel like a woman, and feel sexy. We all need to feel that we are still attractive and have that attention from the oppisit sex. No harm, it's just getting that "i am hot" fix.

CoNpal
01-16-2010, 10:53 AM
Morning Sunshines:)

Do you ever get dressed up and go out to catch some male eyes?
Is that considered cheating?:o
This weather has been so crazy I have not been able to visit,,,I just feel like going out all sexy to the mall or downtown.
I want to toss off these Uggs(so not sexy) and put on my stilletto fur-trims and go window shopping on the Miracle mile.
I told Boo and he said as long as they look and don't touch:rolleyes:
Am I the only one?

Guilty as charged here. :o I don't do it very often but once every few months or so, I get an itch! I ain't gonna lie about it. I like to look pretty. Scratch that...I like to look HAWT! :o:o:o

I realize that it's playing with fire but I can't sit home all the time. It's fun to dress up.

I don't think it's cheating if I'm not engaging in romantic or sexual activity with men, giving out my number, etc.. I just go out with my girls wherever, dance, shop, play, and have fun. It is a self esteem boost. It's probably not the healthiest thing to do but it sure beats sitting at home getting fat and being depressed. The dancing is good exercise and it boosts my mood. :thumbsup:

dmf
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
Wintertime is so hard for me as far as looking good cause I freeze everyday, so I'm constantly in hoodies, my boots and jeans or sweats! Not very sexy lol:) Also I don't go anywhere without my little girl, so maybe someday I'll have a babysitter and I can pretty myself up and not be a mom for a night! Cause it is nice to be appreciated by men:)

Tre's Treasure
01-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Leave it to you babi...Hey missed you. The only time I get dolled up anymore is in the courtroom or church. But yeah I enjoy the second glances occasionally. T would have a fit if I mentioned that but he does too.

NoOne1994
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Daily but there's nothing worse than leaving the house lookin' like a million bucks and never run into anyone important :)

Dude likes when I get attention. It means he has good taste ;)

It's good to stroke your own ego. Get it girl!

nypurple
01-16-2010, 12:42 PM
No your not the only one…..but with me it is put on my tightest pair of jeans, fitted leather vest, black shit kicken’ boots, leather jacket, fire up the Harley….and put some wind in my face……….

Stop at the local bar, swig cold beer and smile at those bad boys while this 5’ nothing red head beats those bad boys at a few games of pool…………:cool:

chelseagreg1427
01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
lol no i dont. i do the complete opposite. i go out in my sweats or jeans, sweatshirt, gloves(its freezing!) and no makeup. the only time i get dressed up is special occasions and i do it to take pics for greg.

CoNpal
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
lol no i dont. i do the complete opposite. i go out in my sweats or jeans, sweatshirt, gloves(its freezing!) and no makeup. the only time i get dressed up is special occasions and i do it to take pics for greg.
Sweets, we have got to get you a life. :D

Wobabi
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
No your not the only one…..but with me it is put on my tightest pair of jeans, fitted leather vest, black shit kicken’ boots, leather jacket, fire up the Harley….and put some wind in my face……….

Stop at the local bar, swig cold beer and smile at those bad boys while this 5’ nothing red head beats those bad boys at a few games of pool…………:cool:
WOW Purple, Go Girl!,,we need to hang out,,,I want to learn how to ride a Harley. They have too many AWESOME motorcycle clubs here in Chicago. You gotta be in shape for that leather!!!!:evil:

Onedaycloser13
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
No, I don't. I have always dressed up I guess, but really not to impress anyone. I do not dress sexy or anything anymore, because I have no reason too. I quickly realized when my man went in, that the person I was dressing for isn't here! All those clothes are in the closet or in my dresser, where they will stay until he gets home!

DVNESSA68
01-16-2010, 03:40 PM
Ladies, not to be conceited or anything but every since I lost 20 lbs (2008) I get lots of attention from both males and females (WTF??). I have to admit that I look good at age 41 but I also have to admit that when I do decide to dress up, put on my heels and go out I catch all the young boys. My Chocolate Boo Bear says it's ok for the men, women and children to look as long as they don't touch!!!

DVNESSA68
01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
Wintertime is so hard for me as far as looking good cause I freeze everyday, so I'm constantly in hoodies, my boots and jeans or sweats! Not very sexy lol:) Also I don't go anywhere without my little girl, so maybe someday I'll have a babysitter and I can pretty myself up and not be a mom for a night! Cause it is nice to be appreciated by men:)

Honey, as a mother of four girls all I have to say to you is dress yourself up and your child too and go window shopping at the mall and see how much attention you will get. I'm not saying that you have to put on a dress or anything. I put on a nice pair of tight jeans, a nice blouse and a pair of short heeled shoes or boots and off to the mall I go. You should try it and see how good you will feel. To top it all off you don't even need a babysitter.

chelseagreg1427
01-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Sweets, we have got to get you a life. :D

i like my life just fine :) i didnt say i never go out! i just dont dress up to go out.

Dollface.09
01-16-2010, 04:42 PM
haha. i always go out in sweats to. i only get dolled up when its like an occasion or something. other then that i stay in somethin comfortable.

ant's wife
01-16-2010, 04:55 PM
every once in a while, I gotta make sure I still got it but besides that i look good in anything i wear lol

LeBeau
01-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Well, yes and no- I don't do it to seek male attention, I dress up to please myself and if it gets a few second glances, that's fine, but that's not my motivation.
What I wear when I dress up changes with my mood and where I'm going- Could be anything from jeans, boots and a great top to a seriously cut dark suit, silk blouse, pearls and heels- Or maybe just a "nothin' special dress" worn with my prettiest underthings.... my little secret.

mrs.bug
01-16-2010, 06:10 PM
The only time I even wear makeup anymore is when I'm taking a pic for him or going to see him.

I like to fly beneath the radar, which has become almost impossible ever since the drunken night when I ended up with a tattoo on my face. Ugh.

Different strokes for different folks. :)

mambo
01-16-2010, 06:44 PM
I don't intentionally dress up... I've got a catwalk figure lol and I got my own kinda look (though not revealing) so I get attention, if only ladies asking me where I got something. I don't care if men give me a compliment or whistle but I don't like them actually coming onto me. I can't deny that attention does feel good, but I don't go looking for it.

only1love
01-16-2010, 07:10 PM
I don't dress up for attention. There was a time when I was in my high heels even just on a day off. Now not so much.

Miss Esme
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I work in the corporate world so everyday for work my make is done I'm either in a trouser suit, dress or skirt and some kind of top with heels. Weekends are my time off but I still like to dress nice and look good. I don't do it for anybody but myself. If a man wants to look and give me a compliment, then that is just confirmation that I am looking as good as I thought when leaving my house. I don't class looking as cheating. You can look but don't touch.

JR09
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
I spend most days trying to avoid attention like that, HELLLOOO if im in sweat pants and a t shirt chasing a toddler i am obviously not out looking for numbers!!! Around here though its near to impossible to not get noticed out here in the middle of no where. Im a mom, i work with kids part time, and a student none of which make me feel very attractive :rolleyes: So hell yes when i get the once every few month day to go out with my girls i do like to dress up!!!

My hubby says its just cruel for me to advertise it when its not for sale :p

neccomamma
01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Haha I wear casual mostly jeans hoddies I like to look "neat" but don't really dress up. Went to get my hair cut and colored yesterday and had two guys try to give me their numbers on the way into the mall (one even followed me into the salon) and three that tried in the food court while I waited for my friend to finish up. It's nice to know I still got it but at the same time super annoying

ambeeeezy
01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I do get that feeling once in a while. J encourages me to go out & have fun, but I don't do it very often. I'm a homebody. Once in a while I feel like getting gussied up & going out for the night. Like other posters have said, it's a look but don't touch situation. I don't think there's anything wrong with making yourself feel beautiful now & then.

kary's woman
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Every woman is guilty of this. Kary don't have a problem when I dress up and go out just as long as I take a pic and send him and I don't go home with anybody.I don't do it much cuz I'm not the party girl type. And every time I go out men are always hitting on me. It feels good and it makes kary feel good also cuz one I'm out havin a good time and not sitting at home being unsociable and two he knows my heart belongs to him and I would never do anything to disrespect him

w8ting4mybaby
01-16-2010, 10:16 PM
I really only dress up when I'm going to see my man...i mean i just dont really like attention from anyone else but him...

sweetgirlb
01-17-2010, 12:39 AM
i like my life just fine :) i didnt say i never go out! i just dont dress up to go out.

i hear ya! my lowkey style keeps me lowkey.. I've never been one to use my looks for attention, I've got my wit for that :D my honey loves that I dont flaunt what he knows i could be really flaunting big time... it's just not me.

loveispatient13
01-18-2010, 02:22 PM
not to be cocky but ugh even when im in my sweats and no make up i still get unwanted attention .. it just annoys me because some guys arent just annoying but i like getting all dolled up not just for my honey but when i go out i like to look good for myself i pay no mind to the guys because some are just too forward i dont like the unwanted attention i dont mind the occasionaly stare but some dudes are soo vulgar its repulsive!

HisAngel2
01-18-2010, 02:48 PM
It doesn't matter if I am dressed up or dressed down - I get attention no matter what with these big hooters. Most men have no clue if I am dressed up or not because there is only one thing they're looking at and it sure isn't my outfit!!