View Full Version : Daniel Unit TX Prison on Lockdown as of 1/10/10

britecloud
01-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey, everyone,

just an fyi- just recieved a letter dated the 10th and they had gone on lockdown the day before.

babygirl254
01-13-2010, 03:08 PM
thanks for the info my fiance is in that unit and i was wondering why i havent got any mail from him lately! i wonder what happened????

templeslady
01-14-2010, 10:02 AM
a pack of cigs was the reason lest that was the word on Sunday while i was there

babygirl254
01-14-2010, 01:32 PM
wow okay thank u for the information templeslady hopefully i hear from my fiance soon!!!!

Succ33d
01-14-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for letting us know!

deerwoman
01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
I received a letter from my son today and he says he doesn't why but they were in a lock down. He did get my e-mail I sent Monday. He said he got it the same day. Baby Girl may be you ought try e-mail. It's only the cost of a stamp to e-mail my son. Thanks a lot for the info. As soon as I got the letter, I came here to find out.

babygirl254
01-14-2010, 04:04 PM
deerwoman how do i go about emailing him he has never mentioned anything about them being able to email them at the unit? i also need to find out how i can go about getting calls from him i havent heard his voice in forever so im always lookin forward to his letters

deerwoman
01-15-2010, 12:35 PM
Baby Girl,
Try jpay correctional services. You have to have a card but you could go to wally world and get one of those money card and use that. It's only the price of a postage. Like my son said, he got my mail an hour later after I sent it, and I received a letter from him 2 days later. You could also have him call you if you have a land line (phone) at home. Good luck.

babygirl254
01-15-2010, 01:53 PM
thank u deerwoman i appreciate the information have a great weekend!

babygirl254
01-16-2010, 11:38 AM
still no mail :( :( :( :( i hope this lock down is over soon :( :( :(

Succ33d
01-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Hopefully you have received mail by now, if not, hang in there! Seems to me mail is still running slow post Christmas...

britecloud
01-19-2010, 10:12 AM
lockdown was over when i visited last weekend. he might be out of stamps, though- and michael said commisary was running behind because of the lockdown.
he also told me that there was a tipoff that a gun was being smuggled in and a shell casing had been recovered- but he heard that from someone else, and you know how the prison rumor mill works!

babygirl254
01-19-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks for the info brite cloud i appreciate it! not having such a good day ladies it just feels like my fiance is never coming home and i called today to check his classification and he is at a 4?? :( not good:( i dont know what to do anymore :( his projected release date is next year but the way it's lookin isnt so good oh well sorry to vent hope u ladies have a lovely nite!

britecloud
01-19-2010, 04:51 PM
babygirl, this site is for venting, so no worries!

i know what you mean about feeling like he's never coming home. we've been apart since august of 2003, and there are days i feel like we'll never be together again. he's up for parole this year, but it's his first time and i dont hold out alot of hope. it's hard, too, to watch other's loved ones come home, it makes it worse sometimes. i mean, dont get me wrong, im happy for them, but sometimes it's like.."well, when is it going to be our turn???", ya know?

all you can do is keep going. and if he's got a prd of next year, id write him and tell him to get it together and get his lineclass up so yall have a chance!!! tell him good behavior now leads to approved bad behavior when he gets home and see if that doesnt motivate him :-)

babygirl254
01-20-2010, 07:29 AM
good morning brite cloud thank u for listening and understanding yes i understand what u mean it is hard to hear about others come home and i always wonder the same thing to when will ours?? my fiance has been gone since 2002 so i kinda know how ur feeling he was denied parole several times now due to his behavior they say so i finally got a letter yesterday from him and i told him that he needed to change his behavior we will see what happens thanks for the advice i hope ur husband makes parole i will keep you both in my prayers thank u have a great day!

deerwoman
01-20-2010, 02:39 PM
Hey baby girl, just have faith. He'll come home. My son is up for parole on April 2012. He has 3 daughters, ages 10, 7, and 2. The two year was just born when he left so she doesn't remember him but we show pictures of him and tell her that's daddy. We want her to remember his face when he comes home. His wife divorced him last year so it's up to me to make sure that his girls know about him.
It's easier said than done, but take up a hobby and stay busy and time will go faster. I know how it is. When I have my other kids are all at home and 1 is missing it hurts. He started his second semester of college courses and that keeps him busy. It's better to vent your frustration than to hold it in. One of these days, all of us will have our loved ones back home where they belong.
Have a good day.

deerwoman
01-20-2010, 02:44 PM
I forgot to ask one more thing---what does the classification number mean? How does it work?
Thanks

babygirl254
01-20-2010, 04:19 PM
hello deerwoman im sorry to hear about your son. that is wonderful of you to still show his daughters pictures of him and let them know who there father is! yes you are so right all we can do now is have faith it just hurts so much i try and stay busy im working alot i picked up extra hours im gonna try and get bak into school i spend alot of time writing him and spend time with my family and friends i try everything to keep busy but some how it catches up to me when i least expect it like yesterday i cryed most of the day it's really hard thanks for listening and being here for me i appreciate it i hope things get better for you and ur son i will keep you guys in my prayers! pss. oh i really dont know what the classification number stands for i know he's a line 3 g4 im not sure what that means not good from what i was told. i know somebody will be able to tell u what it means sorry i am not much help hope u have a good nite take care

GoodBI_girl
01-27-2010, 12:49 AM
I am glad to be able to come here and see why the mail is slow. Is there a way to check on their health status? It seems some of the units are battling the flu and even cancelling visits?

GoodBI_girl
02-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Hi Everyone. I got my letter today!!! Lockdown, no stamps, tobbaco ,a bullet?????? All I know is that my letter has been 3 weeks without me.

Question, what are Johnny Sacs? Prepared foods?

"Changes" program? He is worried how bad it will be upon return to the outside.

Again, Thank You for answers.

britecloud
02-01-2010, 08:26 PM
johnny sacks are the meals they get on lockdown. they are sack lunches consisting of 1 or 2 peanut butter sandwiches, and a bag of prunes or raisins. michael despises them.

yummy, huh?

GoodBI_girl
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
johnny sacks are the meals they get on lockdown. they are sack lunches consisting of 1 or 2 peanut butter sandwiches, and a bag of prunes or raisins. michael despises them.

yummy, huh?
Sacks is the spelling, makes more sense except sac is the French spelling.lol Thanks for the help Brite!

My guy's not eating much and trying avoid getting sick from the food THEY serve. Bag of prunes or raisns? Is that count as friut or is it for the laxative value? I can't believe a diet of white bread and peanut butter is very healthy?:(
At any rate it's only a while longer.