View Full Version : LA Mens Central Jail (MCJ) Q&A

Pages : [1] 2

sjplbc
10-23-2008, 08:15 PM
I went to visit my sons father in jail today, but they told me that I could not visit him because he already had a visit. But on the LASD website it said that he didn't, and he also told me himself that no one visited him. (which is logical because no one else would anyways.)

So my question is, has this happened to anyone before? and why do you think the sheriff said that? Was he just trying to be a jerk? It really sucked cause I drove all the way over there with my 10 month old only to be told that I have to come back another time. My sons father told me that he hasn't done anything wrong to tick them off so that they would deny him of a visit either. I'm really confused! :\

ALSO, a couple of my friends were trying to visit one of their friends at MCJ as well, and the same sheriff told them that he was transfered to WAYSIDE, but on the LASD website it shows that he is still being housed at MENS CENTRAL JAIL!! Were the sheriffs just having a bad day?!

pj663
10-24-2008, 09:53 AM
I went to visit my sons father in jail today, but they told me that I could not visit him because he already had a visit. But on the LASD website it said that he didn't, and he also told me himself that no one visited him. (which is logical because no one else would anyways.)

So my question is, has this happened to anyone before? and why do you think the sheriff said that? Was he just trying to be a jerk? It really sucked cause I drove all the way over there with my 10 month old only to be told that I have to come back another time. My sons father told me that he hasn't done anything wrong to tick them off so that they would deny him of a visit either. I'm really confused! :\

ALSO, a couple of my friends were trying to visit one of their friends at MCJ as well, and the same sheriff told them that he was transfered to WAYSIDE, but on the LASD website it shows that he is still being housed at MENS CENTRAL JAIL!! Were the sheriffs just having a bad day?!

Sometimes when they are in transit it will say the old information. Once they get settled and housed then it should be updated. It's the county so they always making mistakes and it's so crowded that it simply takes some time for them to update their records. As for the visit that one is a little strange because if they had a visit that day then they will let you know before they process you so it's hard to say? I would tell you to call but they barely answer general questions let alone a issue with visiting. I hope it works out sweetie.

ju's wife
10-29-2008, 11:54 PM
If he did have a visitor they would of gave you another slip to come back when ever so you don't stand in line the next time. You get to go ahead of everyone before they take the people in line. Maybe you had the wrong inmate#, I did that on accident once and the stupid CO at the desk didn't catch it,he took for granted it was the right# and didn't verify the name. But by that time it was time for the first session to be over, so he gave me the slip to come back at the night session and I didn't have to stand in line because I didn't get my visit before. I caught it once he gave me back my slip I wrote is name and inmate# on, so some guy was probably excited thinking he got a visit but then no one should up to the booth,so he was like WTF....LOL

MrsPacMann
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
How did the LASD website say that he didnt have a visit? Please let me know.. I NEED to know because I drove all the way to wayside and they turned me right around because some LOSERS popped up and didn't ask us first.

ju's wife
10-31-2008, 11:23 AM
When you look at the LASD INMATE website it will say VISITS=YES or NO...and that means if he had visits that day or not already. Not sure how works at Wayside if they give you a slip to fill out, but if you drove all that way they should give a FREE cut in line slip that you don't have to wait the next time, at least at MCJ they do that. If you know who is visiting him you all should be able to see him at the same time?

MrsPacMann
10-31-2008, 07:28 PM
When you look at the LASD INMATE website it will say VISITS=YES or NO...and that means if he had visits that day or not already. Not sure how works at Wayside if they give you a slip to fill out, but if you drove all that way they should give a FREE cut in line slip that you don't have to wait the next time, at least at MCJ they do that. If you know who is visiting him you all should be able to see him at the same time?

Oh okay because at Wayside visiting is only on Saturdays and Sundays & I am normally one of the first people in line. The bad thing about it was that I woke up late that day.. The website seems useless to me since its a 30 minute drive. If I leave and it says NO visit its totally possible that he will get a visit in those 30 mins im on my way up there.. But thank you sweetie!! THANKS:thumbsup: I was interested after I read that post.. lol

sunmoon728
11-05-2008, 02:44 PM
if he gets visits at wayside, the visitor status will change to either 1 or 2. depending on how many visits he has had. and if he hasnt had any visits, it will say 0.

MrsPacMann
11-05-2008, 11:18 PM
if he gets visits at wayside, the visitor status will change to either 1 or 2. depending on how many visits he has had. and if he hasnt had any visits, it will say 0.

Lol! Yeah I finally noticed it this past weekend but I do have one more question. Does the count reset every day or after one week?

LuvandLaughsCA
11-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Lol! Yeah I finally noticed it this past weekend but I do have one more question. Does the count reset every day or after one week?

I believe it resets once a week. :thumbsup:

sunmoon728
11-08-2008, 06:59 PM
it does, it resets sunday night or monday morning.

thedeadsilence
08-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Hello everyone. I am in need of help. My father is very ill and is not allowed to see a doctor. He has had 3 seisures, is running a fever, vomiting blood, and now has two eye infections in the last 48 hours. He called this morning and said the nurses wouldnt let him see a doctor. I fear this maybe fatal if not treated soon. Does anyone know who i can call for help or what i can do? Thank you so much for your time!

rosemarierios
08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
Try your local ACLU organization. Good luck and GOD Bless you and your dad

only1love
08-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Does he have a history of seizures? Does he take medications for the prevention of seizures? He has to put in a written request to see the doctor. He should write on the request that it is an emergency- seizures, vomiting blood- fever and in that order!

I am not sure why he would be denied a medical visit. What sort of reason did they give?

Please keep in mind that I believe everything you are saying as this happens all the time, but without knowing what they said to your father, I am not sure how to direct you other than what I have posted here.

MAMA KAYE
08-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Im so sorry this is going on
trying calling the warden or the chaplin
at the jail/prison he is at
you can ask them to look in on him
tell them what is going on
if that dont work i know the aclu is always there for you
good luck take care

a1handy
08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
My advice is to get him to start the resolution process via his counselor. They have forms to fill out for such matters and they take awhile, I would have him start with what is know as a BP 8 1/2. These communications are documented and the prison officials are usually a little more concerned about what someone above them might see. Medical care is one of the things they usually take very seriously unless they think the inmate is faking. This happens often. I would also contact the Chaplain. Unfortunately, too much fuss can get him is a situation where they will ignore him even more so be careful.

thedeadsilence
08-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Thank you all so much!!! Its helping my mom and i knowing we have some support in our life. He is doing worse but finally saw a doctor.He had put in several requests to see the doctor for over a week. They did run tests but will have the results in 3-4 days. He had brain surgery about 8 years ago. Since then he is on a strick line of anti-seizure meds. They are giving him is meds but something is really wrong. When they sent him to the doctor he had to walk to twin towers from mcj and he almost blacked out. He still has a high fever.He said he cant call us anymore because he can bearly stand up. For him to say he cant call us is HUGE. He calls every night, he says its the only thing that keeps him going. He also told me to not call anyone because that will make it worse for him. Each day he is getting worse and i am so fearful. Do i sit back and hope its the flu or do i make a fuss and make his life worse there?

only1love
08-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank you all so much!!! Its helping my mom and i knowing we have some support in our life. He is doing worse but finally saw a doctor.He had put in several requests to see the doctor for over a week. They did run tests but will have the results in 3-4 days. He had brain surgery about 8 years ago. Since then he is on a strick line of anti-seizure meds. They are giving him is meds but something is really wrong. When they sent him to the doctor he had to walk to twin towers from mcj and he almost blacked out. He still has a high fever.He said he cant call us anymore because he can bearly stand up. For him to say he cant call us is HUGE. He calls every night, he says its the only thing that keeps him going. He also told me to not call anyone because that will make it worse for him. Each day he is getting worse and i am so fearful. Do i sit back and hope its the flu or do i make a fuss and make his life worse there?

This is a personal decision. Many people think that if we complain, it makes life worse for them on the inside. If we don't complain, they will continue to do as they have been... bare minimum to nothing. When my man was sick with food poison, and when he had a broken leg and they expected him to walk, I complained, loud and clear every day. Still it took 14 months for action, and there was no retaliation. What do you feel most comfortable doing?

pamelalynn
08-18-2009, 09:14 PM
LET HIM HANDLE IT. He is not kidding about you making it worse. I am in the same situation. THey took my fiance out on a stretcher after 4 days of ignoring his heart attack symptoms. Now 21 days later he is still waiting for surgery to unblock the half of his heart that is no working. He says if I make a fuss, he'll die for sure. HE IS THE PROPERTY OF THE STATE HE IS INCARCERATED IN. I hate to be so blunt, but I have learned this the hard way. THe last three weeks have been incredibly hard, but the ladies here, can help you maintain. Would not matter who you called, you would not get any information. Doesn't matter who you are, wife, daughter, sister, mother, the DOC will not share information with you AND 9 times out of 10, they will use the information you try to give them, against your loved one. Sorry .... You have to let him do this his way !!!

pamelalynn
08-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Don't bother with the ACLU ... when it comes to prisoner rights, they are a mythical creature !!!

pamelalynn
08-18-2009, 09:20 PM
This is a personal decision. Many people think that if we complain, it makes life worse for them on the inside. If we don't complain, they will continue to do as they have been... bare minimum to nothing. When my man was sick with food poison, and when he had a broken leg and they expected him to walk, I complained, loud and clear every day. Still it took 14 months for action, and there was no retaliation. What do you feel most comfortable doing?

Sorry, not trying to offend, but I would consider 14 months of no action on a broken leg, retaliation ...

mandymoo
08-19-2009, 07:46 PM
I'll be praying for the dad and husband with the health problems-so sorry you are going throught this. Pamelalynn, sure like your signature statement!

Mandy

wickit
08-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you have an update on your dad? I hope he's okay!

srsruiz1313
01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
does anyone knowhow long my husband will have to for a 75 day sentence in mens central jail in LA

poolside
01-05-2010, 09:53 PM
does anyone knowhow long my husband will have to for a 75 day sentence in mens central jail in LA You should be in the California County Jails forum. Here's a link...read the last couple of pages....I think you'll be happy with what you read!!

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427200

grayworldangel
01-07-2010, 08:45 AM
does anyone knowhow long my husband will have to for a 75 day sentence in mens central jail in LA

Normally, I would say about 45 days (70% of sentence minus good time), and that he'll probably be doing his time at a Sheriff's station working as a trustee. But, I recently heard (but haven't been able to confirm, yet) that the Sheriffs have decided that everyone sentenced less than 180 days will serve the full sentence (minus good/work time), which should be about 60 days.

Cheetoes1
01-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Hello all!!

Does anyone know how long it's taking GP inmates to be classified at MCJ? My middle Son is there and I would like to visit, but the last thing I want to do is get up there and have the cop tell me he's not classified and wait for his call!!

Thanks in advance!!

KellyA

pj663
01-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Hey Cheetoes1,

I think the county jails work a little bit diffrently then the state prisons. Basically when they arrive to IRC they are processed and house within 24 to 48 hours. They move alot in the county jail so he could be in MCJ one week then moved to wayside the next.

Cheetoes1
01-13-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks. I'll just go up there on Saturday and hope for the best!! LOL

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Sometimes depending on their security level it takes a little longer. I'm not sure of the process to classify so I can't really give you a time frame. Sorry!

grayworldangel
01-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Classification, itself, only takes about 15 min. It's all the waiting around that takes forever. At one point while you're waiting to go to whatever cell or module, you have to talk to a bored clerk through a glass window. She asks a few questions, then you go sit an wait some more. That little chat is classification. Based on your answers, and any previous history, the computer assigns a security level. The housing people then decide where to send you depending on your security level. If you say you need to see a doctor, you get sent off to another room where you can wait for a couple of days. Otherwise, processing takes about six hours.

HOT DIGGIDY DAM
01-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Look on LA County website...his info is online. It will tell you how many he has also had for that week.

Hello all!!

Does anyone know how long it's taking GP inmates to be classified at MCJ? My middle Son is there and I would like to visit, but the last thing I want to do is get up there and have the cop tell me he's not classified and wait for his call!!

Thanks in advance!!

KellyA

DSRSHS
01-18-2010, 12:12 AM
I went to visit my guy at MCJ this afternoon. Usually once the visit is over, I just throw away the pass. I never really paid very close attention to them before - it just shows name, booking number, physical description, etc.

But, this time I noticed it says "Sentence Status 3". I asked a Deputy as I was leaving, but she didn't really know. She thought it was the same as SP status. But, when I told her he was not sentenced to state prison, she said she thought the Sentence Status was similar to the SP status - in other words, Sentence Status 3 meant they were just waiting for paperwork to be completed. Once it hit 4, he would be released. But, she sounded like she may have been just speculating.

The woman sitting next to me had a pass that said Sentece Status 1. She said her man had just arrived there the day before. So, I guess what the Deputy said would make sense.

So far the release precentages haven't panned out for us. We are hoping for this coming Tuesday or Wednesday, which should put him at about 50%. It would be nice to know if Status 3 really means he's one step closer to release.

Does anyone know about Sentence Status codes?

MamaLion56
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
im not sure but i believe that SP3 means that he already been sentence and its doing his time. you see when it said SP4 its when theyre ready to be send out to prison and when it say SP2 its when theyre still fighting theyre case. im think im correct if not someone. correct me. but in the mean time hope this helps!! goodluck and lets us know what happen.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-19-2010, 04:25 PM
They don't change to SP status until they have been sentenced. I listed the meanings below! I'm not sure what "sentence status 3" means. I never noticed that on my passes when I visited county. Hope someone comes along soon to answer your question sweetie!

SP means they have been sentenced to State Prison
SP2 means their paperwork from the court has arrived and they have given a DNA sample.
SP3 means all paperwork is processed and they are waiting to be placed on a transportation list.
SP4 means their name is on a bus list and they will be transferred out accordingly

sunmoon728
01-19-2010, 08:18 PM
but she said that her person was not sentenced to prison. the pass says "sentence status 3". and i have the same question. my loved one's pass says "sentence status 3" not "sp". mine isnt going to prison either.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-20-2010, 09:55 AM
but she said that her person was not sentenced to prison. the pass says "sentence status 3". and i have the same question. my loved one's pass says "sentence status 3" not "sp". mine isnt going to prison either.

I understand that which is why I said I'm not sure what "sentence status 3" means. I never noticed that on my passes when I visited county. Hopefully someone comes along that knows what it means.

Try calling and asking. Here are a few numbers to try

MCJ Watch Commander 213-974-4916, visiting desk 213-974-4927
Twin Towers Watch Commander 213-893-5163.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

DSRSHS
01-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Try calling and asking. Here are a few numbers to try

MCJ Watch Commander 213-974-4916, visiting desk 213-974-4927
Twin Towers Watch Commander 213-893-5163.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Thank you. I will try these numbers. He's been He has been asking me to call the Watch Commander about his sentence. But I don't want to bring it up and make things worse for him.

He's just so frustrated - today is 51 days. He has two sentences 40 days & 103 days. And since they are served at the same time, not one after the other, that means he is at just about 50%, right?

His projected date is 2/27, which is a total of 88 days. If this date is supposed to represent 2/3 time for good behavior, then they must be calculating from 143 days. That doesn't seem right. sigh.....

Thanks again.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
01-20-2010, 10:49 AM
I have no idea about calculating the release date sweetie!! All I can say is although we are blessed to have a date I would do anything to have 143 days. Good luck and take care sweetie!! =)

DSRSHS
01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
I have no idea about calculating the release date sweetie!! All I can say is although we are blessed to have a date I would do anything to have 143 days. Good luck and take care sweetie!! =)

You're right. I know it could be much worse - I hope he realizes it, too.

Good Luck to you, too. And, thank you.

Waiting4Steven
01-20-2010, 11:43 AM
Thank you. I will try these numbers. He's been He has been asking me to call the Watch Commander about his sentence. But I don't want to bring it up and make things worse for him.

He's just so frustrated - today is 51 days. He has two sentences 40 days & 103 days. And since they are served at the same time, not one after the other, that means he is at just about 50%, right?

His projected date is 2/27, which is a total of 88 days. If this date is supposed to represent 2/3 time for good behavior, then they must be calculating from 143 days. That doesn't seem right. sigh.....

Thanks again.

Sounds like he is coming home very soon either way, how exciting! I can understand your anxiousness- my advice would be just to plan on the projected release date and any earlier release would just be a special surprise!:)

grayworldangel
01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
Does anyone know about Sentence Status codes?

Pre-sentenced inmates are designated “Sentence Status One."
Fully sentenced inmates are designated as “Sentence Status Three."

halebop
01-21-2010, 11:35 AM
are you sure it wasn't security level 3 you saw on the visiting form?

i seem to recall the security level was printed on those forms and nothing about sentence status...

DSRSHS
01-21-2010, 08:30 PM
are you sure it wasn't security level 3 you saw on the visiting form?

i seem to recall the security level was printed on those forms and nothing about sentence status...

I'm sure. Security level is on the upper right hand side. Sentence Status is toward the top center. I think grayworldangel is right.

faithfully_luv
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know the release procedure for an inmate in MCJ. I was just wondering if they release them at midnight or during the day time? Also, do they need to be sent dress outs (like prison)??? Do they wait there for a ride or are they just released onto the street.....any info is highly appreciated...thanks in advance

Sylvia
01-29-2010, 02:26 PM
My friend was released in the middle of the night, dressed in the clothes he went in with. THey are released to the street. They can walk over to Union Station and wait there for their ride.

iLoV3hiM85
01-29-2010, 02:35 PM
yea ma dad got released at 3am.... so im pretty sure thay let them out n tha midnight hours...

faithfully_luv
01-29-2010, 08:10 PM
My husband is currently in MCJ and I was wondering what is the best way to put money on his books so that when they release him he will be able to have some money to get something to eat while he waits for me to come and get him ( 1hr 1/2). Thanks for any help

emme99
01-30-2010, 09:50 PM
I wasn't sure myself, this is the information that I got from the LASD website:

Cashier: 213-893-5875
To mail money to an inmate anywhere in the Los Angeles County Jail system send a Bank Cashier's Check, Money Order or Postal Money Order to P.O. Box 86164 Terminal Annex Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164. Refer to the Inmate Mail Regulations for further guidelines.

To deposit money for an inmate anywhere in the Los Angeles County Jail system, in person, there are two locations. The IRC cashiering inmate trust operation hours are from 0030 to 2300 hours daily. CRDF cashiering inmate trust operation hours are from 0600 to 2200 hours daily

Also, when I called, they told me that you need to either take cash, or have a cashiers check or money order (no debit or credit cards, nor ersonal checks).

The address is: 650 Bauchett Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Parking is across the street and its expensive, I paid $8 today.

I hope this helps!

faithfully_luv
01-30-2010, 10:12 PM
yes, it definetly helps......I hope mailing a money order will get there in time this week .......

emme99
01-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Also to mail a money order to MCJ, send it to this address:

Mail Room:
General mail address for all inmates is as follows:
Inmate Name, Booking Number
PO BOX 86164
Terminal Annex
Los Angeles, CA 90086-0164

The LASD website's MAIL guidelines say NOT TO send the following:

Cash, personal or second party checks, traveler’s checks, payroll checks
A single money order exceeding the $200 limit
Blank money orders (money orders must be signed and made payable to the inmate)
Non U.S. Post Office out-of-state money orders (out-of-state money orders must be from the U.S. Post Office)
There shouldn't be any problems with him getting the money there on time, but maybe you should call just to be on the safe side...

Good Luck!!!

coach123
02-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Does anyone know the release procedure for an inmate in MCJ. I was just wondering if they release them at midnight or during the day time? Also, do they need to be sent dress outs (like prison)??? Do they wait there for a ride or are they just released onto the street.....any info is highly appreciated...thanks in advance

Releases can come at any time. Early releases typically come after 35-45% of the sentence is served. The variation makes it difficult to predict the exact release date. There is no advance warning. Your guy will just suddenly be moved to the Inmate Reception Center for release processing. During some stages of the process he will be unable to call you. Eventually he will be placed in a holding cell which does have a phone available. He will likely be in the holding cell 3-6 hours while they check to be sure he has no outstanding warrants and fetch the street clothes and property taken from him when he was arrested. If he has outstanding warrants, he will be returned to the MCJ. If he is released, he will be in the clothes he wore when arrested. If he has money in his account, he will go to the Cashier's Office to collect it. It's a good idea to be sure your guy has enough money in his account to take a cab or bus home if you are unable to pick him up. He will be released out of the IRC on Bauchet Street, accross from the MCJ. There are public phones at the corner of Bauchet and Vignes which are supposedly cheaper to use than the ones in the IRC lobby. Some guys choose to wait for their ride in front of the IRC. Others head for a nearby Denny's Restaurant to get a good meal and wait for their ride there. If you are picking your guy up, tell him call you when he is actually free to go. If you head for the jail as soon as he tells you he is being released, you could end up waiting many hours before he is actually free to go. Your guy should phone the Los Angeles County Probation Department within 24 hours of being released to find out if he has any probation obligations.

grayworldangel
02-01-2010, 07:41 AM
One other bit of trivia...if someone has no money on their books, they can ask for metro tokens at the windows just before he gets to the cashiers (cashiers have some too, if that window is closed). That way, he can at least catch a bus home if nobody's there to pick him up.

grayworldangel
02-01-2010, 07:45 AM
There are a couple of on-line places that will put money on his books for a fee. Several people have used the service, and had no complaints except for the somewhat excessive service fee ($10 if I recall correctly).

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-01-2010, 08:58 AM
The fastest way to get money to an LA County Inmate is to drive down to IRC . Money orders can take up to two weeks to process. Good luck!

Sylvia
02-01-2010, 10:03 AM
To avoid paying the high parking fee you can also take the train such as gold line, red line and so on. Union Station is only 1 block from from IRC, MCJ and Twin Towers. You walk less than 5 min from the train station to IRC to put the money on his books.

Annabelle
02-01-2010, 10:06 AM
There's a cashier window at the Lynwood station if you get there after hours, parking is free and there's no line.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
02-01-2010, 10:26 AM
To avoid paying the high parking fee you can also take the train such as gold line, red line and so on. Union Station is only 1 block from from IRC, MCJ and Twin Towers. You walk less than 5 min from the train station to IRC to put the money on his books.

You can also try to find street parking across the street near the bailbonds offices;)

ohsogirly
02-02-2010, 01:16 AM
yea ma dad got released at 3am.... so im pretty sure thay let them out n tha midnight hours...

I'm happy for you about your dad being released. But I gotta ask (to anyone) what's up w/ the 3am or hell, even after somewhat decent hours to decide to release somebody? Are they THAT overworked and out numbered that they just get to them as they get to them?

I'm probably just thinking like a woman and am not realizing these guys are happy to get out any damn day or night.

Am I the only one thinking this way?:confused:

halebop
02-02-2010, 09:27 AM
They process them in and out around the clock.

faithfully_luv
02-02-2010, 10:32 AM
I agree with the insane hours. I live in san diego which is about a 2 hour drive to LA and my husband doesn't want me in downtown LA at those hours -----just sitting there. Hopefully he can go over to Dennys and grab some food while he waits :)....My mom and I were laughing at the release process.....It is funny the way that some systems operate......Hmmmmm "this guy just came out of jail....lets put him on the streets during the time that most criminals roam the street....truely a smart concept (sarcasm intended)

halebop
02-02-2010, 04:24 PM
It is funny the way that some systems operate......Hmmmmm "this guy just came out of jail....lets put him on the streets during the time that most criminals roam the street....truely a smart concept (sarcasm intended)

Funny you should mention that! This may have very recently changed but check THIS out. There was a long period of time (years) that if you were charged with possession of a controlled substance and the judge ordered you to register as a narcotics offender....the hours you could do it were literally something like between midnight and 4 AM!

I'm not joking. When my husband told me that one I was 100% SURE he was lying. I mean, what sense does that make? "Mandating" drug offenders to be out and about during the overnight. :confused:

Turns out he wasn't lying. I went with him to Parker Center and sat for hours with all the others waiting to do the same thing at like 4 in the morning.

faithfully_luv
02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
I love the justice system (One of the reason's I canceled my criminal justice education......it's totally oxymoronic and senseless) Justice is relative to the perspective....and from my perspective it is psychotically dysfuntional

JASONS_WiFEY
02-02-2010, 11:34 PM
I agree with the insane hours. I live in san diego which is about a 2 hour drive to LA and my husband doesn't want me in downtown LA at those hours -----just sitting there. Hopefully he can go over to Dennys and grab some food while he waits :)....My mom and I were laughing at the release process.....It is funny the way that some systems operate......Hmmmmm "this guy just came out of jail....lets put him on the streets during the time that most criminals roam the street....truely a smart concept (sarcasm intended)

HEY GURL NO DENNYS AROUND THERE BUT iF YOU DO HAVE TO WAiT. THERES A PLACE WHERE YOU PAY TO PARK WHiCH iS RiGHT WiTHiN TWiN TOWERS AND MCJ AND iD SAY THE SAFEST THiNG TO DO iS iF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TiME HES GETTiN OUT JUST SiT iN UR CAR WiTH THE DOORS LOCKED AND CHiLL!! THERES AN ATTENDANT THATS THERE ALL HOURS SO YOULL BE FiNE! AND KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR THAT COLLECT CALL THEN YOULL REALLY KNOW WHEN HES OUT! HEHE! GOODLUCK! BUT CONGRATS ON UR MAN COMiNG HOME!

grayworldangel
02-03-2010, 07:18 AM
The Denny's is just down the street from MCJ/Towers/release, next to the freeway. I've waited there several times.

ohsogirly
02-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Hello Ladies!

Wow, whatta experience that was! Some of the (and I use this word loosly) ladies waiting in line outside were straight scandalous. All set to go see their man in (you're gona love this)their 6" come phuck me shoes and skin tight jeans.

My 1st question:
You know when you're inside and give them the paper w/ inmates name; GENERALLY speaking, how long from that point does everyone tend to wait?

They stamped mine at 12:45 and I didn't get called till almost 2:30. What's the hold up? The whole group I walked in with, visited and left and almost the group after. I asked one of the ever so friendly deputys who said with a smile "well you can get back in line to ask the deputy at the counter what happened". That's out system folks at it's finest.

My 2nd question:
Can anyone guess wht the hold up was? My friend said he was just sleeping and I of course already checked in. I'm just curious where/why there's a hold up.

He's in there for getting caught driving on a suspended license for the millionith time.

sunmoon728
02-06-2010, 12:08 AM
i guess it varies. sometimes i would wait about 20 minutes and maybe about twice i waited for about an hour and 30 minutes. i dont know what the hold up is though.

South Bay
02-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Hello Ladies!

Wow, whatta experience that was! Some of the (and I use this word loosly) ladies waiting in line outside were straight scandalous. All set to go see their man in (you're gona love this)their 6" come phuck me shoes and skin tight jeans.

My 1st question:
You know when you're inside and give them the paper w/ inmates name; GENERALLY speaking, how long from that point does everyone tend to wait?

They stamped mine at 12:45 and I didn't get called till almost 2:30. What's the hold up? The whole group I walked in with, visited and left and almost the group after. I asked one of the ever so friendly deputys who said with a smile "well you can get back in line to ask the deputy at the counter what happened". That's out system folks at it's finest.

My 2nd question:
Can anyone guess wht the hold up was? My friend said he was just sleeping and I of course already checked in. I'm just curious where/why there's a hold up.

He's in there for getting caught driving on a suspended license for the millionith time.

The deputies don't always go looking for the inmate when a visiting slip arrives on their desk. Some deputies just try summon prisoners by loudspeaker and open the cell door, and if no one shows they give up for awhile. Sometimes it's up to the prisoner's cellies to wake him up and let him know of the visit. Othertimes, he could be elsewhere (clinic, school, etc.), and may not learn of the visit until he goes back to his housing unit. There's almost 5,000 prisoners in the building, and the sheriff's department routinely looses track of prisoners all the time (see: http://articles.latimes.com/1990-04-17/news/mn-1355_1_county-jail (http://articles.latimes.com/1990-04-17/news/mn-1355_1_county-jail)).

Before visiting, try to let him know when you will be visiting, so he can stay awake or in his cell.

South Bay Scott

Cheetoes1
02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
To avoid any hold ups, I would try going on the same day each time. That way, the person you're going to visit knows you are coming. I haven't had any troulble with waiting. Just the waiting in line!! I go on Sundays and get there between 7-7:30am for visiting at 10am. It usually only takes about 15 minutes for my son to come to out. Tho, all the drama happens outside in the line!! LOL:hee:

KellyA

sunmoon728
02-06-2010, 07:00 PM
yes, all the drama does happen in the line outside! im glad mine is now at pitchess.

Tho, all the drama happens outside in the line!! LOL:hee:

ohsogirly
02-06-2010, 09:36 PM
To avoid any hold ups, I would try going on the same day each time. That way, the person you're going to visit knows you are coming. I haven't had any troulble with waiting. Just the waiting in line!! I go on Sundays and get there between 7-7:30am for visiting at 10am. It usually only takes about 15 minutes for my son to come to out. Tho, all the drama happens outside in the line!! LOL:hee:

KellyA

Holy crap....You get there at 7 or 7:30 to visit at 10? It's that crowded on a Sunday? Unreal......Hat's off to all that have a system down. That ordeal was so annoying. I don't know if I mentioned I happened to ask Deputy LadyBug (that's what I nicknamed him cuz his lil' walkie talkie clipped to his shirt had 2 or 3 lady bug stickers on it) what the deal was and he said I'd have to get back in the yellow line from hell to ask a deputy at the counter whats up. I literally started laughing and he joked saying he knew it wasn't the answer i was hoping for.

halebop
02-08-2010, 03:59 PM
the first weekend i went to mcj to visit I got there by 8 AM and waited and waited and waited...after that i started showing up around 12:30 - 1 PM and never again waited in line outside. sundays were usually busier than saturday but i still got to walk right up to show my id and get the paper to fill out and then there would be a line inside (but not too bad)

sunmoon728
02-08-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah me too, after the second week at MCJ, i stopped going early. i would go later and not wait in line outside. it really sucked waiting a few hours in the morning and then have a deputy come out and say "they're on lockdown".

Cheetoes1
03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
Why would it take 2 weeks to 1 month to be classified in Twin Towers. I don't understand why it is taking so long. He was arrested on 3/13 and when I went to visit him on the 3/18 they told me he hadn't been debriefed yet and that is why he can't have visitors. He is in for a parole violation.

The same thing happened to my husband was at MCJ on a parole vilolation. He was there a little over a month and a half before getting transferred to State and never did get classified or found out the reason why. Nor did he ever receive any of my mail!! It's crap, since the only easy way to get their property is the Blue Property Form the inmate gives to you during visiting.

KellyA

Friendofchris
03-22-2010, 10:11 AM
From what I am told now they are not transfering parole violation out of County Jail anymore because of overcrowding in prisons. They are having the violators service there time in county. My BF is very ill and they dont want to have to take care of anyone with health problems

missing mark
03-22-2010, 10:02 PM
From what I am told now they are not transfering parole violation out of County Jail anymore because of overcrowding in prisons. They are having the violators service there time in county. My BF is very ill and they dont want to have to take care of anyone with health problems
Hi I've been trying to figure out how to post a new question on here but I still don't know how and I can only reply so can u please help me? My bf is a 2 striker. He violated and they gave him 1 year flat. He says there's people in there that have been waiting to catch the chain to state for over 8 months! Is it possible he won't even go to state? And since he got 1 year flat will he have to do the whole year? Please help me. All of this is confusing. I just want him home.

Cheetoes1
03-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Hi I've been trying to figure out how to post a new question on here but I still don't know how and I can only reply so can u please help me? My bf is a 2 striker. He violated and they gave him 1 year flat. He says there's people in there that have been waiting to catch the chain to state for over 8 months! Is it possible he won't even go to state? And since he got 1 year flat will he have to do the whole year? Please help me. All of this is confusing. I just want him home.

My Son just left county and he waited a month to be transfered to state and he is only doing 7 months. If your BF was given 1 year flat time, then he's doing the 12 months.

KellyA

Friendofchris
03-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Here we go again. I went to visit my BF today and was told that he couldn't have visitors because he was moved to High power. They told me try back in a week again. What is the deal with them not classifing faster.

thedeadsilence
03-29-2010, 04:16 PM
hey everyone. sorry i have not written in a few months. my dad was released finally. we almost lost him. he was not getting the correct amounts of his meds while locked up. this caused brain damage and he will never lead a normal life again. but, i cant complain because he is with us now. Thank you all for your help. my heart and thoughts go out to each one of you and your families. god bless you all! <3

PenguinsWifey
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I'm trying to go see my boyfriend today for the 1st time who FINALLY just got approved to get visits buuuut he is in HIPOWER which i think I can only go see him THR and SAT can anyone please tell me what exactly am I suppose to know when I get there??? What is a module #?? and even if i show up at 10am or earlier am I really gonna actually see him around 5pm:(??? HELP:confused:

Sylvia
04-01-2010, 10:16 AM
I'm trying to go see my boyfriend today for the 1st time who FINALLY just got approved to get visits buuuut he is in HIPOWER which i think I can only go see him THR and SAT can anyone please tell me what exactly am I suppose to know when I get there??? What is a module #?? and even if i show up at 10am or earlier am I really gonna actually see him around 5pm:(??? HELP:confused:

You will need to know which unit he is in. Hipower has different units. Some units visit Thur & Sat and others visit Fri & Sun. Your visits are half an hour each. If you go to the website for the jail it lists the visiting for each unit. When you line up you have to go up by the lockers where you put your purse, cell phone & keys. This is by the parking You do not wait in the long line beside the building where the benches are. It has been a couple of years so I do not remember the rest. Be sure to have his booking number and the housing unit for him as you need that to fill out the visiting pass.

cpywluv
04-08-2010, 07:43 AM

I just got off the phone with the info line at Men's Central. I was told I wouldn't need his unit # to get in to see him, only his booking # and that High Power only had visits on Thursdays and Saturdays now. The person who answered the phone was unsure so he called a deputy over to help him answer my questions. He also said that visiting for them started at 11am.

RONIALAMILLO
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM
All right i am a little upset ....if anyone knows the answer to this please let me know. My boyfriend/fiance was housed in Wayside then (we got in argument over thephone) he got a little angry well needless to say he went to solitary and then was told that he no longer can go back to Wayside and is now being trasnfered between MCJ and Twin Towers....So how long can they do this. Can they say no more going to Wayside... He still has to go to trial which will take forever and would like to see him, but MCJ is to far and i just think mentally he was better at Wayside...Has anyone else dealt with this.:angry:

halebop
04-15-2010, 10:39 PM
They really can (and do) move them around whenever they want. My husband was at Pitchess / Wayside but they moved him to Twin Towers. It's the worst (in my opinion) for visiting. Hang in there though, they can move them lots of times for no real reason so he might not stay long in mcj or tt before he moves again. Good luck - and do your best not to get him too worked up on the phone.

Shad's BabyGirl
04-16-2010, 03:01 PM
hi i just looked my husband up online because i hadn't heard from him in a couple days and i was worried(he had been having problems with people in his bunk)i found out they moved him to men's central jail on the 14th. on visitor status it says N does that mean he's not allowed visitors? i want to visit him for the five to seven visit but i don't want to go down there if he's not allowed a visit. can anyone help?

Sylvia
04-16-2010, 03:39 PM
N means he has not had a visitor.

YabYum
04-18-2010, 09:15 PM
I was all worried bout goin to visit after reading this thread bout all the drama, i decided to go later cause I know everyone always tries to go early thinking they can get out fast and it ends up takin longer cause everyone has that same idea.

So I got there at 12:45 and i got out at 2:45.

The line was not too bad, I went in the 2nd group and when I got in the lobby after I checked in I was called w/the 2nd group again.

The 15 min visit thing sucked but oh well.. I had to do it cause my bf is only there prolly till tonight he is headed to reception.. who knows when I will see him again.

Shad's BabyGirl
04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know what a K10 status means? Will that follow them to prison?

grayworldangel
04-20-2010, 07:17 AM
"K10" is a Los Angeles county only thing. It tells the guards to keep a person away from everyone else. K10 doesn't follow anyone anywhere. The state does their own thing.

Juansgirl
05-01-2010, 08:37 PM
the officers at mens central can be so rude...:blah:

Featherwood2316
05-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Hi, I was just wondering what is a good time to get to county for visiting? I dont want to have to get there 2 hours early and wait...is there a decent time where the line isnt so bad....its been a while since i have been down there...im usually always at wayside...well thank you to any one who can help.....

tweedy
05-22-2010, 09:37 PM
i have a question my hubby is at twin towers how do i know if he's in tower 1 or 2 . I don't want to wait in the wrong line. He is usually in men's central jail. Im going tomorrow to visit him .

Sylvia
05-23-2010, 07:17 AM
If you go to IRC there is an information window before the cashier, you give them the booking number and they can tell you where he is. Or give him the full name and birthday.

tweedy
05-23-2010, 04:18 PM
well went to visit my hubby today i got the right tower when i get to the window , they tell me he's in the medical ward & visiting isn't until tomorrow.

aprrloc
05-25-2010, 10:33 PM
This is a new one for me so...

my fiance (on parolle) was sentenced to a 6 month violation and is serving ___%?

currently 48 actual days.

he signed for his violation on the 14th.

i know hes currently not a 'trustee' (if that even makes a difference).

generally his violations are flat time when in cdc custody.
i just received a phone call from him today saying that his lawyer said that he would be serving between 35% and 50% of his time do to the fact that he would not be transferred to state and is remaining in county for his violation.

has anyone else had experience with this latley?
too good to be true?
how do the credits work since he wont be leaving mcj?

if i call the watch commander what sort of info/footwork would i need to get a SE date? (will he even give release info to me?)

im f^ckin confused on the numbers. :angry:

the state appointed attorney (although got him out of a big messy sentence) he has is NEVER there and never returns my calls.

also will his state hold remain until his release or is it a mistake and i should get on his PO's a$$ to lift the hold (hes generally forgetful on these IMPORTANT things, luckily we have a good communication with each other)?

its only a few weeks difference which seems like nothing in comparison to what weve been though....yet as we all know, it sure is nice to have that date circled on the calendar. :rolleyes:

ANY INFO/EXPERIENCE WOULD BE AWESOME
thank you!!!

His1BabyGurl
06-01-2010, 10:07 PM
My fiancée called me tonight and asked what it meant cause I think he said something about going to the nurses station and that is something on his pass? So What does it mean? Anyone know? Is that bad?:shrug:

Mrs.760
06-01-2010, 10:29 PM
What county jail is he in?

His1BabyGurl
06-01-2010, 10:38 PM
What county jail is he in?

He's in MCJ in Los Angeles

grayworldangel
06-02-2010, 09:19 AM
In LA:
Sentence status 1 is unsentenced
Sentence Status 2 is partially sentenced
Sentence Status 3 is fully sentenced

His1BabyGurl
06-02-2010, 03:57 PM
In LA:
Sentence status 1 is unsentenced
Sentence Status 2 is partially sentenced
Sentence Status 3 is fully sentenced

Grayangel when you say fully sentenced, does that mean doesn't come close to release or just that he is serving his out? Partially sentenced? Does that mean he does half his time? Unsentenced meaning? Being released?

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but it's all kind of new to me. Thanks in advance.

halebop
06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I think I can help on this one. Unsentenced means the case is pending. Partially sentenced can happen if there are multiple cases and one is over (judge has sentenced him) while others still have court dates ahead. Fully sentenced means no more court, the sentence has been decided and now they're serving it out.

His1BabyGurl
06-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I think I can help on this one. Unsentenced means the case is pending. Partially sentenced can happen if there are multiple cases and one is over (judge has sentenced him) while others still have court dates ahead. Fully sentenced means no more court, the sentence has been decided and now they're serving it out.

Ahhh! K I think I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up Hale. I was a bit confused, glad to hear it's not completely terrible, but am still hoping he gets done and soon with his time. Thanks again!:thumbsup:

mingo84
06-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I got a phone call from my friend telling me that her boyfriend called her and asked her to please call ACLU and report that protective custody was needed for him. Why? She said that she had heard that he was put out as a rat. So he was getting beat up,put in the hole,back in main line,beat up,back in the hole,and so on. Anyways so she was scared to call they are 18 and 19,so I called the Mens central jail watch commander and asked him to please check up on him. Anyways after I was told that it could take two days or so for the interview I called ACLU. But they have an answering service,I left a message. I know she tried to visit him but was told he was not allowed visits that he would be allowed in two weeks. What else can I do to help her get more info on his current status? As in is he in PC or general population? I would appreciate your help in understanding the whole protective custody rules and regulations.

Mrs.760
06-06-2010, 09:22 PM
I got a phone call from my friend telling me that her boyfriend called her and asked her to please call ACLU and report that protective custody was needed for him. Why? She said that she had heard that he was put out as a rat. So he was getting beat up,put in the hole,back in main line,beat up,back in the hole,and so on. Anyways so she was scared to call they are 18 and 19,so I called the Mens central jail watch commander and asked him to please check up on him. Anyways after I was told that it could take two days or so for the interview I called ACLU. But they have an answering service,I left a message. I know she tried to visit him but was told he was not allowed visits that he would be allowed in two weeks. What else can I do to help her get more info on his current status? As in is he in PC or general population? I would appreciate your help in understanding the whole protective custody rules and regulations.

If your friend did something that would put him in Protective Custody or labeling him as a "rat" or "informant" they would segregate him from the General Population. When you check his housing online what does it say? If your friend on the outside is saying that they are labeling him as an informant she may want to becareful who she says things like that to. The inmate would be the one who knows if he did that and he would be the only one who could request protective custody. Find out his housing and that may help determine if he is already in Protective Custody. Also just so you know before inmates label another inmate as a rat his paperwork (sentancing info/minute orders) are checked to verify that is the case. If he didnt do what he is being accused of and his minute orders prove so then he will hopefully be fine unless other info surfaces that differs from his paperwork he is presenting.

tweedy
06-20-2010, 11:28 AM
My husband is currently in MCJ . My husbands mental status has deteiorated. I can't get anyone to speak to me about his condition , he is mentally unstable with no previous history. Can anyone tell me what are my rights in trying to get him medical attention. So far no one has helped in the jail system. Please .

grayworldangel
06-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Firstly, they won't talk to you about a medical or mental health condition because of federal law.

To tell the jail about your husband's condition, fax this form to them at 213-972-4002 *and* 213-830-0681:
http://www.lasdhq.org/lasd_services/correctional/medication_info_form.pdf

and if they still don't respond, call Jail Medical Services Bureau at (213) 893-5445,

and the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) 24/7 ACCESS hotline at 1-800-854-7771,

and the ACLU, Mary Teidman at (213) 977-9543 or (213) 977-5209.

T_Dodgers
06-24-2010, 03:35 PM
My brother is serving time in LA County Men's Central Jail. He has ben attacked multiple times and I'm trying to get him some info. to help him. What do the different color wristbands mean? Specifically the WHITE, GREEN and YELLOW ones? He's separated now with a Red wristband which we learned is for special care inmate, but before he gets thrown back with everyone else it would help him to know what color is for what. THANKS to anyone who can help. It's much appreciated. :D

LA DUI
06-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Hello, i have a 96 hour jail sentence (4 days). based on what i have read, will i do 50% of 2/3's the time? that would be about 32 hours? Also when i called the jail they said that up until 10pm at night, you get credit for the day, so if i go to the jail at 9pm to surrender, do I get credit for the whole day? Thank you.

Annabelle
06-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello, i have a 96 hour jail sentence (4 days). based on what i have read, will i do 50% of 2/3's the time? that would be about 32 hours? Also when i called the jail they said that up until 10pm at night, you get credit for the day, so if i go to the jail at 9pm to surrender, do I get credit for the whole day? Thank you.

I'm not positive but it sounds like you will. They'll probably process you in and then process you right out.

grayworldangel
06-28-2010, 09:59 AM

Currently, anyone sentenced to 30 days or less is released "immediately." Immediately seems to mean 'as soon as they get around to it.'

jdcl0215
07-07-2010, 11:28 PM
What is the likely hood that one would be released from county jail early with a one year sentence???

jdcl0215
07-11-2010, 06:32 PM
So... my fiance is in the LA County Mens Central Jail. I sent him a set of books the first day that I found out he was transferred there. Its been a week and a half but he still hasn't received it. He's gotten my letters thus far but hasn't received the package from amazon... whats the turn around time for books?

PaulM
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
My girl usually gets them in about a week.

My guess is that he will get them on Monday, and love them!

jdcl0215
07-11-2010, 07:58 PM
ah. well i ordered them on the 1st they were shipped out on the 3rd....

grayworldangel
07-12-2010, 10:35 AM
What is the likely hood that one would be released from county jail early with a one year sentence???

In LA, everyone gets out early.

jdcl0215
07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
In LA, everyone gets out early.

well his projected release date is 2.15.2011 which would add to up about 7 months and 20 days, not the full 365 days.

there is still a likely chance that he'll get released earlier than that?

grayworldangel
07-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Yes. That date is just crediting good time/work time. Unless he's in for violent, sex, or gang, charges, he'll only do 50% of that--should be about 3 1/2 months.

jdcl0215
07-26-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes. That date is just crediting good time/work time. Unless he's in for violent, sex, or gang, charges, he'll only do 50% of that--should be about 3 1/2 months.

=/ so that means that he won't be released earlier than that date :( ...

i dont know if you've read my other posts... but long story short...
dated a girl when he was in hs... she was 14 he was 17, she lied about her age. break up went bad and parents finally decided to press charges 2 years later >_<

so one charge of consensual sex with a minor and burglary 1 (with the clause that its a serious crime and NOT violent)

grayworldangel
07-27-2010, 07:50 AM
Sex with a minor (even if it's consensual) is one of the 80% exceptions to the general 50% release in LA.

jdcl0215
07-27-2010, 11:02 AM
Sex with a minor (even if it's consensual) is one of the 80% exceptions to the general 50% release in LA.

mmmm... so sorry to be a bother... it would be 80% of the release date? or would he have to serve till feb 15?

grayworldangel
07-28-2010, 09:44 AM
It's 80% of 2/3 of the sentence. Since the release date seems to already account for the 2/3...yes, it should be 80% of the listed release date.

jdcl0215
07-28-2010, 11:38 AM
It's 80% of 2/3 of the sentence. Since the release date seems to already account for the 2/3...yes, it should be 80% of the listed release date.

Thank you so much! <3 :) I've been hearing sooooo many different things and nothing concrete. You've made my day. Thanks Grayworldangel!

jdcl0215
07-30-2010, 11:29 PM
What does Y mean on the visitor status?

whisper310
09-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Hello..
Thiis morniing my sister called the Mens Central jail to inform the chaplain about a "family emergency"..it was confirmed and they said they were going to call him so he could call home...it is the afternoon now and still no answer from him..does anyone know how long this process takes?...will I hear from him today??...

patchouli
09-09-2010, 04:35 PM
I can't say with any certainty that he'll call today. I wish I could. Have you checked in the CA forum to see if the facility is on lock-down?

whisper310
09-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Yes I checked but the facility is not on lock down...I was told that they were just going to get someone with catholic beliefs to go talk to him and then they were going to take him to call home...but this was since 9 in the morning...uuugh..I hate waiting!!... I tought I was going to hear from him ASAP but I guess not...

patchouli
09-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Seems like in an emergency, they'd at least pass on the message to call home. I hope you hear from him soon!

whisper310
09-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Thankz a lot!!... I called again to make shure, but I was told that until now they haven't been able to pass on the message to him... Once they do, is he going to call me collect? Or will he be allowed to call me from the chaplains office??

whisper310
09-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Hello everyone..first I want to say thanks to everyone who's been soo helpful on here!!..second, my question is, how can I set un an account to receive collect calls? I don't have a credit card,but I was told there's other ways...any idea of what those ways are??...also I had heard of several companys that charge waaaay less than global tel link..but I haven't been able to find out wich ones they are!!.. And last but not least...my man is in Mens Central in Los Angeles...can I purchase a calling card for him? And can he call me using that card?? I've heard several different things..so I'm not shure...any little bit of info will really help..thanks guys!!..

Annabelle
09-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Hello everyone..first I want to say thanks to everyone who's been soo helpful on here!!..second, my question is, how can I set un an account to receive collect calls? I don't have a credit card,but I was told there's other ways...any idea of what those ways are??...also I had heard of several companys that charge waaaay less than global tel link..but I haven't been able to find out wich ones they are!!.. And last but not least...my man is in Mens Central in Los Angeles...can I purchase a calling card for him? And can he call me using that card?? I've heard several different things..so I'm not shure...any little bit of info will really help..thanks guys!!..

Unfortunately, GTL is the only company that contracts with LA County, we don't have a choice to use another company. You can put money on your phone by sending them a check but that takes a while. I would suggest getting a prepaid credit card and use that to add money to your phone. Also, you can put money on his books and he can purchase a calling card at the commissary.

grayworldangel
09-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Thankz a lot!!... I called again to make shure, but I was told that until now they haven't been able to pass on the message to him... Once they do, is he going to call me collect? Or will he be allowed to call me from the chaplains office??

It might have changed, but it used to be that the chaplain would let him call from the chaplain's office for free.

Have you tried calling the chaplain directly? If it hasn't changed since I talked to him two years ago, the Catholic Chaplain is Father George Horan at (213) 974-8081.

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
You can also use western union to put money on your phone through GTL.

whisper310
09-15-2010, 04:18 AM
Thankz for the info grayworlangel and always here 4 m ... I diid call the chaplaiins office n was told that his "status" had not changed and therefore they weren't allowed 2 pass on the message or take him 2 da chaplains office, dey saIid it would most likely remain like dat for as long as he's in there...soo much for getting my message to him...any idea why?? But I will try calling that number!! It won't hurt to try again... As for the calls, thankz...I dint kno it could also be paid by western union!! That's a liife saver!! Itz been 3 weeks that I hvnt heard from my man!!....by the way, any idea of how long it takes for them to receive mail??...

grayworldangel
09-15-2010, 10:31 AM
I diid call the chaplaiins office n was told that his "status" had not changed and therefore they weren't allowed 2 pass on the message or take him 2 da chaplains office,

That doesn't make any sense. Even if he's in the hole, the Chaplain should be able to visit him. He wouldn't be able to call you, but he would at least know. Try to call Father George. He'll tell you the truth of whatever is going on.

whisper310
09-22-2010, 04:08 AM
Thankz a lot for da help!! I just received a leTter from my hubby, he said dat he was just notified that the chaplain needed to talk to him but that's it, they didn't allow him to go because the prison was on lockdown..but yet that very same day I called and asked if I could go visit him and they said yes...woulnt they have told me no if the prison was on lockdown? Another thing, after. The prison is no longer on lockdown can they then allow them to go to the chaplains?? I'm soo confused! None of this makes sense!! I've also tried calling father George but no luck, are there certain hours they work from?? Is there a best time to call him to where ill be able to get a hold of him??.....

grayworldangel
09-22-2010, 09:18 AM
...woulnt they have told me no if the prison was on lockdown? Another thing, after. The prison is no longer on lockdown can they then allow them to go to the chaplains?? I'm soo confused! None of this makes sense!! I've also tried calling father George but no luck, are there certain hours they work from?? Is there a best time to call him to where ill be able to get a hold of him??.....

First, remember that the guys who answer the phones on the inmate information line are trusty inmates at twin towers, so they probably wouldn't know if there's a lock-down in any particular jail. That's also why they really don't know much about anything if you ask.

Someone has always answered the phone when I've called the Chaplains during the day Monday through Friday. I've always thought they'd be off on weekends, or at church (or something), so I've never tried calling on Saturday or Sunday. I've checked my phone book, and I have two numbers fo rchaplains at MCJ--(213) 974-8081 and (213) 974-8089. Usually. I've called on the 8089 number so you might want to give that one a try.

jdcl0215
09-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Thankz a lot for da help!! I just received a leTter from my hubby, he said dat he was just notified that the chaplain needed to talk to him but that's it, they didn't allow him to go because the prison was on lockdown..but yet that very same day I called and asked if I could go visit him and they said yes...woulnt they have told me no if the prison was on lockdown? Another thing, after. The prison is no longer on lockdown can they then allow them to go to the chaplains?? I'm soo confused! None of this makes sense!! I've also tried calling father George but no luck, are there certain hours they work from?? Is there a best time to call him to where ill be able to get a hold of him??.....

they were on lockdown sunday in the morning till the afternoon. i didnt get to see my baby because of that....

apparently aside from a fight that happened in general population ... some sheriff LOST the FRIGGEN keys to 2600 and 2800 modules ... wtf!?!?!?! so they had to search ALL of the cells to find the damn keys which is why i didn't get to see him... arggg..

AND on top of that ... a few of the sheriffs TOLD them that because they're on lockdown is because there was a shooting outside in the waiting area!>_< we didn't even get in! they pass out passes at 10am ... they went on the intercom at 9:55am saying they're on lockdown and wont be open till at least 1. omgosh... darn sheriffs. >_<

grayworldangel
09-23-2010, 04:34 PM
I've also tried calling father George but no luck, are there certain hours they work from?? Is there a best time to call him to where ill be able to get a hold of him??.....

I just talked to a chaplain at MCJ...Father George is only going into the jail two days per week now. He has a new administrative job at the Archdiocese, so he doesn't get into the jail as much anymore. There's someone there most of the time though, but I forgot to ask the name of the new catholic chaplain. Apparently, there's going to be an article in the LA Times about how bad religious services have gotten in the jail. Should be interesting to see what the sheriffs do about it.

Sagittarius88
09-24-2010, 01:03 PM
Hi my friend has been moved to Mens Central Jail, and I wanted to know how does visting work. I know the times is different from wayside, but is the procedure the same. Any info would help.thank you

jdcl0215
09-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Hi my friend has been moved to Mens Central Jail, and I wanted to know how does visting work. I know the times is different from wayside, but is the procedure the same. Any info would help.thank you

If he is in General Population then its Thursday through Sundays, 10am - 7pm
If he is in High Power or Protective custody then its Friday and Sunday, 10am, 11am and 5pm.

Just park either underneath the jail or at the parking lots close by and walk up to the jail to wait.... thats pretty much it.

Juansgirl
09-24-2010, 09:21 PM
for high power it depends on the location the inmate is in.... the have visits on thursdays and saturdays too... again it all depends on the location .. visitors in high power that have visits on thursdays and saturday can not go on fridays and sundays and the other way around...

Sagittarius88
09-24-2010, 11:32 PM
If he is in General Population then its Thursday through Sundays, 10am - 7pm
If he is in High Power or Protective custody then its Friday and Sunday, 10am, 11am and 5pm.

Just park either underneath the jail or at the parking lots close by and walk up to the jail to wait.... thats pretty much it.
Ok thanks, so is it true that the visits are only fifteen minutes. If it is that really sucks:mad:

Sylvia
09-25-2010, 08:42 AM
If they are in high power the visits are half an hour on the 2 days. If not high power it is 15 min on the four days. It is a total of an hour per week either way. You can not double up on appointments to get it all at once though.

jdcl0215
09-25-2010, 11:54 AM
Ok thanks, so is it true that the visits are only fifteen minutes. If it is that really sucks:mad:

depending ... high power/protective custody inmates get 30 minutes but General Population gets 15 minutes.

Yeah... for GP it sucks ... =/

Sagittarius88
09-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Hello you guys,well i went to see my friend at mens central, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did have to wait a little while for to get inside and turn my slip in,but once that was done i didn't have to wait that long before his name was called.Only bad thing was it is only fifteen minutes.Since its so close i go more than once a week.I'm so happy

jdcl0215
09-26-2010, 10:54 PM
to whom this may apply to... those that were housed in the 2600 module has been moved to twin towers today.

Sagittarius88
09-28-2010, 10:29 PM
I was just wondering are visitors allowed to wear hats?I would like to wear a hat when i go visit my friend at mens central, and i cant remember ever seeing anyone in a hat.if someone could help me.

jdcl0215
09-29-2010, 01:33 AM
I was just wondering are visitors allowed to wear hats?I would like to wear a hat when i go visit my friend at mens central, and i cant remember ever seeing anyone in a hat.if someone could help me.

Uh... depending on the deputy. my fiance's father used to wear hats into visitation. some let and some don't...

officer vasquez usually doesn't care if you're in his line.

Sagittarius88
10-02-2010, 11:40 AM
I went to see my friend Thursday,and I wanted to go see him to,but his sister tried to go friday(yesterday)and they said she couldn't see him cause he had court. So, I said she could go see him today and i would go tomorrow. My question is can they have a visit on every visiting day??I don't wanna go down there for nothing. he's at mens central

AC07
11-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Hello! I have a few question that I wanted to maybe get cleared up. My father is currently being held at MCJ and has his sentencing in the upcoming days. He was arrested for a DUI but they're charging him with a felony now because he's had a few within the past 10 years..? This is all new for us (the felony), we didn't find this out until he went to court the other day. My family and I are unsure of how things work. He's been in trouble before (all dui offenses) but never charged with a felony, and this obviously changes the outcome. His attorney said the most he will be sentenced to is three years in state prison and the lowest which he believes they will offer him is 16 months but he will only do half of that time. We don't know what to expect or how things work. We went today to go visit him at mcj. Can he have visits everyday that they offer? Thurs-sun? Does anyone know if it's likely that he will only have to serve half the time? Were hoping he gets placed somewhere more local but of course we wont know for a while. Anything else that you might like to add is appreciated.
-The confused daughter:confused:

Tiffany
11-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Hi love, Im not sure about the amount of time he will get, But a far as the visiting goes, I think he can have visits on all day's allowed. You can call the jail and double check. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. If you need anything Im here

AC07
11-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Hi love, Im not sure about the amount of time he will get, But a far as the visiting goes, I think he can have visits on all day's allowed. You can call the jail and double check. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. If you need anything Im here

Hi! Thank you very much. I appreciate that a lot. I went to see him fri and sat and also today but waited outside so my sisters could visit. Definitely a big difference and it's horrible to see him behind glass but I hope it gets easier soon..

grayworldangel
11-09-2010, 07:32 AM
Hi AC07,

Unfortunately for you, it sounds like this is your father's 4th DUI within 10 years. In California, that can be charged as a felony. On the slightly bright side, being charged with a felony doesn't mean he will necessarily be convicted of a felony...it's vaguely possible that the judge can drop it to a misdemeanor.

One of the things you might be able to do, to make things more bearable, is to see if your dad's bail can be reduced (maybe even down to "own recognizance" release). That way, he would at least be at home while he fights his case.

msmarrie
11-09-2010, 02:54 PM
This is the link to the website which will give you all the info about the facility such as visiting.
Good luck!
http://www.lasdhq.org/divisions/custody/mcj/mcj-custodyinfo.html

boobunneis
11-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello, my husband was recently detained at Central Men's jail and I'm new to this. I've been told that I can set up an account to allow him to make calls, however, the only thing I can find is an account where he can only call me. Is there a system or 'account' where I can pay funds, and he can call whoever he needs?

Thanks in advance.

Sylvia
11-14-2010, 01:34 PM
He can purchas phone cards from the canteen. They only are able to make a couple of calls on them but he can call anybody he wants.

Annabelle
11-14-2010, 03:45 PM
When he calls you the first time you will get a message from the vendor, GTL to put money on your phone. Make sure you have your credit card ready. You can put $25 or $50 on the phone. It won't be set up until he tries to call you.

boobunneis
11-14-2010, 07:27 PM
annabelle

He is not wanting to call me but other people

Sylvia
11-15-2010, 09:30 AM
annabelle

He is not wanting to call me but other people

The other people can set up accounts as well or put money on his books so he can buy the phone cards.

DollFace13
11-16-2010, 12:21 AM
The other people can set up accounts as well or put money on his books so he can buy the phone cards.

yup, that's about all you can do

willy's baby
11-27-2010, 11:56 PM

Question..
If they get released at that time do u know if they have to go trough immigration my Bf is an immigrant an was told getting deported depended on immigration being out side when released?? Does any one know how true this is??
Help plz

JayCaliGrl
12-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey guys I wanted to know if anyone was gonna be headed to men's central jail soon to visit and wouldnt mind carpooling. I recently lost my car, and I have NO PROBLEM sharing gas, Im a cool funny person, love to laugh. Im 21 and I really miss my babe. It seems no one I know wants to make that trip even though i bribe them lol so please let me know THANKSSSS :D

Babysnacks
12-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Hello Everyone.

I'm new to PrisonTalk and am not sure if I'm doing this correctly, so please bear with me... My man is in the Men's Central County Jail in downtown Los Angeles waiting to get shipped upstate. Does anyone know how I'd be able to obtain his SP Status so I can find out when he's going to be moved? I don't need an exact date, I know they won't give that to me for safety reasons, but I'd like to have some kind of idea when it would be if you know what I mean. My man doesn't know either. I was told to contact booking or his parole officer, but the phone just rings when I call booking and his po is a real butthole and refuses to tell me anything. =/ My man is in for a bs parole violation and will be out around summertime next year, hopefully. If anyone can give me any feedback I'd really appreciate it. Also, would anyone happen to have the phone number for the CDCR Transportation Unit?

Thanks, Babysnacks:confused:

Annabelle
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
When you check the lasd.org website it will show his SP status.

katherine76
12-07-2010, 05:06 PM
My hubby was in on a parole violation as well, and he never had a SP status. Once he saw the board and took his sentence he was in county for about 3 1/2 months before he was moved to State. He called me right before he left and let me know he was being transported, that was the only way I knew. Then I checked the inmate locator and found where he had been sent for reception.

DollFace13
12-09-2010, 02:04 AM
yeah there is really no way to know...like ann said you can check lasd.org to get his status but once he's at sp4 it's a waiting game...the person I know caught the chain 2 weeks after his status changed to sp4 but from looking on the sight I know others have waited up to several months...once he's gone it will say on the website the time and day he left and where he went

afirsttimer
01-09-2011, 11:10 PM
This inmate is in for a parole violation with no crime attached. He recieved 1 year but has been at MCJ since October. He should have gone to prison already, being that he is their property. The other people he violated with have already been sent to their prisons and mainlined. What number or who can I contact to make this process happen NOW!

Tiffany
01-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Im not sure about this one, Thats weird he's been there that long, Have you called his parole office to see if he can help you

sunmoon728
01-10-2011, 04:37 PM
sometimes parole violations are done in county. when my hubby did his PV, he was sentenced to a year but only ended up doing 6 months in county.

afirsttimer
01-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Yes, his po was called. See, this is one of the guys my man violated with....(you can read the whole ordeal in the coming home/reentering prison threads). My man and one of the other guys got 6 months, one guy got 5 months (but now he's not getting out because they brought up old charges on him so he's fighting that now) and this guy got 10 months, took it to board and they gave him 1 year. Now, he did jump the chain about 5 times. He didn't want to go to wayside. We're wondering if that is the reason why they haven't picked him up. Now my homegirl called Sacramento and they wouldn't give out any information but they would verify information (silly huh). We did find out he is one of the higher paid inmates (didn't know there were different daily rates on inmates). Maybe that is why? He needs to go to prison!!!! He is going to get into so much trouble in MCJ. He is fighting all the time.

@ Patty, was your husband violated for a new charge? Because this is not for a new charge. We were wondering if they were going to keep him on half time because he is in the county?

sunmoon728
01-11-2011, 05:50 PM
afirsttimmer,
no my hubby had just violated, it was not a new charge. he wasnt suppose to be in a certain place and violated. hopefully your man doesnt do the whole time.

afirsttimer
01-12-2011, 12:54 AM
afirsttimmer,
no my hubby had just violated, it was not a new charge. he wasnt suppose to be in a certain place and violated. hopefully your man doesnt do the whole time.
Mine was taken to prison and he is doing the whole time :(. This is his friend who was the only one not taken to prison yet. Mine and one of the other guys are about to get out in March (6 months). But this one, he needs to go and no one seems to know why they haven't picked him up yet.

CrisLovesAndy
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
My Boyfriend was sentence to do 62 days at the County Jail on 01/03/11 then on 01/05/11 he got transfer to MCJ (Los Angeles) as a "Trustee" (each date counts as two) with a release date of 02/05/11 ...this for a Domestic Violence case in 2005.
CAN SUMBODY TELL ME HOW LONG WILL HE BE IN? WHEN WILL HE ACTUALLY BE OUT? OFFICERS TELL HIM HE CAN BE RELEASE TODAY OR TOMORROW..BUT ONLY CAUSES DISTRESS IN ALL OF US.....please help?
Also today the Electonic Monitoring Program told me he was DECLINED...they only needed to contact he's ex..who he had the domestic violence 5yrs ago...did her say had sumthing to do with their desition? they wont tell me :(

CRISTIE

HisQueenBee<3
01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
He'll prolly be out by the end of January. They usually do early kick outs there..

CrisLovesAndy
01-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone...I'm back...I went online lasd.org check my love's status..and I notice a change. Under HOUSING LOCATION he's Housing date has change from 01/05/11 to 01/13/11...I asked him at night did something changed? He said no, but sumthing strange happen...when officers came to do "countdown" he was not on list and the pfficer took he's info (booking num, when did he arrived, etc.) He asked me to investigate what happen..he's a "strustee" so each day count as two days, so far he has 20days but...he's afraid they changed to 01/13/11 and thats affecting him to be released early?
Are Officers inside Los Angeles Men's central jail (MCJ) changing Inmates Detention Date to manipulate what inmate should get an early release?
I'm beginning to think this is common and has to do with releasing other inmates sooner than they should and unfortunately my loved one has to stay longer. Why change his date?
I called officer on duty at the main number (213) 473-6080 and if I don't get officer flirting or making jokes I get little help.
I asked why did his housing date changed and if this will affect his release date? Is this common? Last officer did not identified himself but said that that sometimes happens the system messes up and to call in five hours and he rudely hung up on me.
HELP ME???
I dunno what to do...I sent an email to the "custody web response".
Cristie

halebop
01-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Relax. It's ok, I promise.

There's nothing you need to do or worry about. The housing date changes but it's not something to worry over and it definitely doesn't mean anything is being manipulated that impacts his release date. For the most part it updates when they move them (like if they move from IRC to Men's Central or Pitchess to Twin Towers or also a different dorm within the same facility) BUT it also periodically updates "just because". I know that isn't the clearest answer but I've come to realize it doesn't mean anything if it updates for no apparent reason (like when they haven't moved). It definitely doesn't update with each count b/c they have those multiple times every day and sometimes that housing date won't change for weeks.

I know this probably isn't as clear an explanation as you want - but I do know it's not an issue or anything you have to worry about and it won't have any impact on release date. Hang in there!

Hi everyone...I'm back...I went online lasd.org check my love's status..and I notice a change. Under HOUSING LOCATION he's Housing date has change from 01/05/11 to 01/13/11...I asked him at night did something changed? He said no, but sumthing strange happen...when officers came to do "countdown" he was not on list and the pfficer took he's info (booking num, when did he arrived, etc.) He asked me to investigate what happen..he's a "strustee" so each day count as two days, so far he has 20days but...he's afraid they changed to 01/13/11 and thats affecting him to be released early?
Are Officers inside Los Angeles Men's central jail (MCJ) changing Inmates Detention Date to manipulate what inmate should get an early release?
I'm beginning to think this is common and has to do with releasing other inmates sooner than they should and unfortunately my loved one has to stay longer. Why change his date?
I called officer on duty at the main number (213) 473-6080 and if I don't get officer flirting or making jokes I get little help.
I asked why did his housing date changed and if this will affect his release date? Is this common? Last officer did not identified himself but said that that sometimes happens the system messes up and to call in five hours and he rudely hung up on me.
HELP ME???
I dunno what to do...I sent an email to the "custody web response".
Cristie

CrisLovesAndy
01-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you! I will let him know when he calls me tonight. I just wish officers would say that, instead of telling you to call later. Call for what? Im so greatful for this site and people like you.

Cristie

There's nothing you need to do or worry about. The housing date changes but it's not something to worry over and it definitely doesn't mean anything is being manipulated that impacts his release date. For the most part it updates when they move them (like if they move from IRC to Men's Central or Pitchess to Twin Towers or also a different dorm within the same facility) BUT it also periodically updates "just because". I know that isn't the clearest answer but I've come to realize it doesn't mean anything if it updates for no apparent reason (like when they haven't moved). It definitely doesn't update with each count b/c they have those multiple times every day and sometimes that housing date won't change for weeks.

I know this probably isn't as clear an explanation as you want - but I do know it's not an issue or anything you have to worry about and it won't have any impact on release date. Hang in there!

CrisLovesAndy
01-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Yesterday I went online check my love's status..and I notice a change. Under HOUSING LOCATION he's Housing date has change from 01/05/11 to 01/13/11...I asked him at night did something changed? He said no, but sumthing strange happen...when officers came to do "countdown" he was not on list and the pfficer took he's info (booking num, when did he arrived, etc.) He asked me to investigate what happen..he's a "strustee" so each day count as two days, so far he has 20days but...he's afraid they changed to 01/13/11 and thats affecting him to be released early?
I asked why did his housing date changed and if this will affect his release date? Is this common? Last officer did not identified himself but said that that sometimes happens the system messes up and to call in five hours and he rudely hung up on me....I was told not to worry...

sunmoon728
01-16-2011, 12:49 AM
keep in mind that the phones are not answered by officers. they are answered by inmates.

Yesterday I went online check my love's status..and I notice a change. Under HOUSING LOCATION he's Housing date has change from 01/05/11 to 01/13/11...I asked him at night did something changed? He said no, but sumthing strange happen...when officers came to do "countdown" he was not on list and the pfficer took he's info (booking num, when did he arrived, etc.) He asked me to investigate what happen..he's a "strustee" so each day count as two days, so far he has 20days but...he's afraid they changed to 01/13/11 and thats affecting him to be released early?
I asked why did his housing date changed and if this will affect his release date? Is this common? Last officer did not identified himself but said that that sometimes happens the system messes up and to call in five hours and he rudely hung up on me....I was told not to worry...

grayworldangel
01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
OK, you've got a few misconceptions here that will only lead to disappointment. First, working as a Trusty counts for exactly *nothing* more than anyone else. If your man isn't in for gang/domestic/violence/etc, he will get 1/3 credit for good time/work time and 20% early release. There is no 'one day counting for two days' as a trusty worker.

Next, "housing date" is exactly that...the day the housing location was last updated in the computer. It has nothing to do with release date--the sentencing date is the start of the release calculation.

And, as Sunmoon already pointed out, the inmate information telephones are answered by other inmates, not officers.

CrisLovesAndy
01-18-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry it's me again :(
I called today and spk with Watch Commander they called "Pepe" at the MCJ...
My Fiancé was detained on 12/30/10 he had a warrant for not showing up at Court back in Sept for a "Domestic Violence" charges from 2005. He got sentence for 220 but got credited 158 days he did and got 62 days left..Judge on 01/03/11 cut it in half and se4t a Release date of February 5th 2011. He went back to County Jail on 01/03/11 and on January 5th he got moved from Twin Towers to Men's Central Jail and became a "Trustee"..and each day counts as two so they told me. TODAY is January 18th. I believe he now has done 29days but per your experience and knowledge when is he suppose to come out?
Mr Pepe confused me big time...he said my Fiancé has 45 days to go and I should sit back and wait. I don't want to wait. I told him That didn't make any sense if he has a release date of FEBRUARY 5th..why would he say he has 45 days to go..he has 18 days and not 45 days to go and what about days counting as two? He paused and said to me: I think system has not been updated and this should take if not days weeks. so just sit back and wait.
I'm sad..I want to cry. My Fiancé is under horrible conditions..every time I get he's call I can hear in background people screaming ..sounds like a Madhouse..inmates fighting, Officers not caring, everyone's sick with flu..I know this is Jail..not heaven. I need help...what do I do? What can I tell him to keep he's spirits up?
I love him.
Cristie

CrisLovesAndy
01-18-2011, 02:20 PM
My Fiance who was detained and put in County Jail since 12/30/10 was Sentence to do 62 days on 01/05/11 was transffered to Men's Central Jail.
SO everytime I would check he's status online it would show like this:

PERMANENT HOUSING ASSIGNED DATE: 01/05/11

But then on 01/13/11 he was MOVED to another bed and now it appears like this:

PERMANENT HOUSING ASSIGNED DATE: 01/13/11

I called and asked officer on watch..he said he doesnt know..that system sumtimes messes up..Im afraid it will affect if he gets released early ...

Can sumbody tell me if it does affect him?

Who updates system and why does Officers tell me system gets updated late..days or even weeks. :confused:

Cristie

Annabelle
01-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Everytime they are moved it changes the date his housing was assigned. That's all it is.

jdcl0215
01-18-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry it's me again :(
I called today and spk with Watch Commander they called "Pepe" at the MCJ...
My Fiancé was detained on 12/30/10 he had a warrant for not showing up at Court back in Sept for a "Domestic Violence" charges from 2005. He got sentence for 220 but got credited 158 days he did and got 62 days left..Judge on 01/03/11 cut it in half and se4t a Release date of February 5th 2011. He went back to County Jail on 01/03/11 and on January 5th he got moved from Twin Towers to Men's Central Jail and became a "Trustee"..and each day counts as two so they told me. TODAY is January 18th. I believe he now has done 29days but per your experience and knowledge when is he suppose to come out?
Mr Pepe confused me big time...he said my Fiancé has 45 days to go and I should sit back and wait. I don't want to wait. I told him That didn't make any sense if he has a release date of FEBRUARY 5th..why would he say he has 45 days to go..he has 18 days and not 45 days to go and what about days counting as two? He paused and said to me: I think system has not been updated and this should take if not days weeks. so just sit back and wait.
I'm sad..I want to cry. My Fiancé is under horrible conditions..every time I get he's call I can hear in background people screaming ..sounds like a Madhouse..inmates fighting, Officers not caring, everyone's sick with flu..I know this is Jail..not heaven. I need help...what do I do? What can I tell him to keep he's spirits up?
I love him.
Cristie

When my fiance was in MCJ, he hated it there, TT was actually better for him. But, if his release date is Feb. 5, then he should be home any day now. But from what my fiance told me, the trustee's don't get the 2days credit per each day served. And since his charge was a violent charge, he should serve about 75% of whatever he got. But nonetheless, he should be home soon. Just keep telling him that you love him and to look ahead for when he comes home. And stay strong for him, so he doesn't have to worry about you. Thats all you can do right now for both you and him.

grayworldangel
01-19-2011, 09:03 AM
...sentence for 220 but got credited 158 days he did and got 62 days left..Judge on 01/03/11 cut it in half and se4t a Release date of February 5th 2011.

OK...I'm going to take a stab at this. It's pretty confusing, but maybe we can make some sense of it. First, what does the LASD web site show for a release date? If it isn't Feb 5th (or earlier), you need to contact your fiancee's defense attorney or the court clerk so that the release order makes it into the LASD system.

Without the sentence reduction, though, I think you're looking at a Feb 3rd release date. I calculate that like this:
220 day sentence - 158 days credit = 62
62 days minus 1/3 goodtime/worktime = 41 days
41 days @ 75% early release = 31 days
31 days from January 3 is Feb 3rd.

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Yesss that place is horrible. I went on ACLU site to check on sum pictures of this place is like a Modern Medieval dungeon...and then the stories u read.
Yes I heard he would at least do 75-80% of he's time.
I promise u Im going to follow ur advise :') I do luv him I adore him and he's my life. I'm so happy for you..ur Love one is now home where he belongs.

When my fiance was in MCJ, he hated it there, TT was actually better for him. But, if his release date is Feb. 5, then he should be home any day now. But from what my fiance told me, the trustee's don't get the 2days credit per each day served. And since his charge was a violent charge, he should serve about 75% of whatever he got. But nonetheless, he should be home soon. Just keep telling him that you love him and to look ahead for when he comes home. And stay strong for him, so he doesn't have to worry about you. Thats all you can do right now for both you and him.

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Let me explain better..I'm so sorry...I'm a lil'of a mess and confused with officers poor help :( I do appreciate your feed back u can't even imagen.
Let me try again...
My love was arrested on 12/30/11 (there was a warrant for not showing up in court-for Domestic Violence Charges from 2005) he stayed in county jail until the following Monday for Court.
He's sentence date: 01/03/2011 Number of days sentenced: 220
The Judge said he was credited 158 days and that left 62 days.
When he got back to TT the system showed as "Projected Release date" : 02/05/11
On 01/05/11 he got transferred to the MCJ and he was told he was now a "trusty" inmate and started to work...people around him would tell him days count as two for him. So this is not true? Well I did asked an officer and he said the only benefit of being a trustee is he can walk freely inside prison...? :blah:
BTW what does "CASE ADJUDICATED" mean?
So you believe he's release date should be 02/03/11? :confused:

Cristie

OK...I'm going to take a stab at this. It's pretty confusing, but maybe we can make some sense of it. First, what does the LASD web site show for a release date? If it isn't Feb 5th (or earlier), you need to contact your fiancee's defense attorney or the court clerk so that the release order makes it into the LASD system.

Without the sentence reduction, though, I think you're looking at a Feb 3rd release date. I calculate that like this:
220 day sentence - 158 days credit = 62
62 days minus 1/3 goodtime/worktime = 41 days
41 days @ 75% early release = 31 days
31 days from January 3 is Feb 3rd.

ilovelorenzo
01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi i responded to ur other post in the other form.. But from what it sounds like to me the officer was probably thinking he was doing the 62 and thats why he said he had 40 something days left. If they said his PDR is Feb 5th then from how i can see it i calculated it like this.. He was sentenced 220 - 158 credited days = 62 days divided in half is 3... 31 x 75% = 23.25 days to serve.. If im right cause this is what i have been told to do for my bf.. Ur fiance should be home in a week sometime around the 26th... hope this helps

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Ur an angel! Thank you.

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Ur right I did see ur answer on other post. Thank you! When I talk to him tonight Im sure going to explain it better to him thanks to you. We had it all wrong. This makes lot a sense. January 26th :)
God bless u for caring.

Hi i responded to ur other post in the other form.. But from what it sounds like to me the officer was probably thinking he was doing the 62 and thats why he said he had 40 something days left. If they said his PDR is Feb 5th then from how i can see it i calculated it like this.. He was sentenced 220 - 158 credited days = 62 days divided in half is 3... 31 x 75% = 23.25 days to serve.. If im right cause this is what i have been told to do for my bf.. Ur fiance should be home in a week sometime around the 26th... hope this helps

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 02:47 PM
O M G !
Ur serious? I can't believe this...makes sense thou.

Txs

keep in mind that the phones are not answered by officers. they are answered by inmates.

CrisLovesAndy
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
I see. Thank you this is valuable information.
So what's the benefit of becoming a "trustee"? Why inmates are afraid of going back to regular inmates?
Oh and my Fiance is in for DV so I was told he would have to do 75-80% of he's time at least. He was sentence on 01/03/11 and he's projected release date is FEB 5th.

Thank you.

OK, you've got a few misconceptions here that will only lead to disappointment. First, working as a Trusty counts for exactly *nothing* more than anyone else. If your man isn't in for gang/domestic/violence/etc, he will get 1/3 credit for good time/work time and 20% early release. There is no 'one day counting for two days' as a trusty worker.

Next, "housing date" is exactly that...the day the housing location was last updated in the computer. It has nothing to do with release date--the sentencing date is the start of the release calculation.

And, as Sunmoon already pointed out, the inmate information telephones are answered by other inmates, not officers.

ilovelorenzo
01-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Not a problem.. Im just hoping and praying that what was told to me which i told you is right cause then my baby should be home by friday.. Keeping my fingers crossed =) lets keep each other posted take care

ilovelorenzo
01-19-2011, 10:45 PM
You have nothing to worry about just like Annabelle said it just tells you that they were moved to a different spot and it has no effect whats so ever on his release date.. Stay strong =)

grayworldangel
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
So what's the benefit of becoming a "trustee"? Why inmates are afraid of going back to regular inmates?

As a Trusty, a guy gets housed with other "trustys" and there's less liklihood of problems with other guys, sometimes the food is better (for kitchen workers), and working means he doesn't have to sit around cooped up with nothing to do. And, it's not like anyone has a choice about being a trusty.

CrisLovesAndy
01-20-2011, 04:51 PM
My Fiance is in Jail - first time for DV
Ppl out here make cruel jokes and tell me to tell him to not drop the soap...aghh
I'm asking. I don't know..it scares me. Should I ask him?

sidewalker
01-21-2011, 06:43 AM
ignore the stupid comments from others. Just laugh it off. Or tell them they dont get showers....hahaha. (ok not funny because that does happen in reception alot. Meaning showers every few days. Maybe.
Lots of them *bird bath* in the sinks.

As far as *harassment* Im sure there is all kinds of harassment. Not just sexual. And for what its worth, my hub tells me he has had no problems in that area (if your asking about sexual contact betweeen inmates) Its not like what you see on tv, or how they like to say that about *bubba* and all.

CrisLovesAndy
01-21-2011, 12:22 PM
Ayyy ur right! Stupid people stupid comments. Im not worried. I told my hunnygear he said same.
XOX

ignore the stupid comments from others. Just laugh it off. Or tell them they dont get showers....hahaha. (ok not funny because that does happen in reception alot. Meaning showers every few days. Maybe.
Lots of them *bird bath* in the sinks.

As far as *harassment* Im sure there is all kinds of harassment. Not just sexual. And for what its worth, my hub tells me he has had no problems in that area (if your asking about sexual contact betweeen inmates) Its not like what you see on tv, or how they like to say that about *bubba* and all.

MrsCetina
01-21-2011, 02:47 PM
My Fiance is in Jail - first time for DV
Ppl out here make cruel jokes and tell me to tell him to not drop the soap...aghh
I'm asking. I don't know..it scares me. Should I ask him?

dont worry, people out here think jail is like the stereotypes portrayed in movies. it depends on who your fiance programs with.. there are rules amongst themselves against certain behavior. my husband was in the Towers, CJ and Wayside and I never heard of anything like that happening to anyone, if that helps reassure you.

CrisLovesAndy
01-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Oh yess ur opinion means lot to me and helps me too. My love is housed at CJ and coming out sooner than two weeks I hope.:)
Xox

dont worry, people out here think jail is like the stereotypes portrayed in movies. it depends on who your fiance programs with.. there are rules amongst themselves against certain behavior. my husband was in the Towers, CJ and Wayside and I never heard of anything like that happening to anyone, if that helps reassure you.

CrisLovesAndy
01-31-2011, 04:20 PM
My Fiancee told me last week Captain at MCJ (Los Angeles) said he be out that following Friday (01/28/11) and to go ahead and tell all his family. He told me I jump for joy I couldn't believe it I told everyone and we waited..and waited..I didn't sent him money for this week he told me not to since he was coming out...gosh..what a bunch of BS...He was not released.:(
Toay is Monday and nothing.
I don't get it..nobody tells him anything and he only says "I'm still waiting"...
I'm curious as why would Captain say that. Why lie. IF things are uncertain why say it.
~ What happened?
He's was sentence on 01/03/11 and Judge sentence him to 220 days but credited 158 days ..and gave him a RELEASE DATE of 02/05/11 ...on Jan/05/11 he bcame a trustee (which I been told means nothing).
Due to his crime is supose to due at least 75%..so now what?
Is this common? Well I'm sure most of u might think "Why worry? he be out this Saturday...really?:(

CrisLovesAndy
01-31-2011, 04:22 PM
Sorry..I'm upset. Im frustated.

halebop
01-31-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry this happened. One thing I can share that might not help you now but maybe someone else in the future...

Never listen to or ask the deputies about release dates. They won't know and they will randomly tell you stuff anyway. They will tell guys who haven't been to court that they might get out since it's a holiday and things get crowded on holidays (just 1 example). They won't know his release date in advance but they will say stuff to mess with them for entertainment. At first I didn't believe that but I have seen it enough times now that I do. Hang in there! I hope you get that call from him soon.

SGV girl
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I am so sorry that you got all excited only to have it fall through! That is awful. LA County Jail is notorious for messing up release dates. Don't beleive anything you hear until your man calls you to come pick him up! The prison/jail system is an ever changing beast, and we are just caught up in it.
Best of luck to you and yours!

grayworldangel
02-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow. What a horribly frustrating thing to have done to you. I think a lot of deputies just make good sounding guesses so that guys just leave them alone. I don't think it's personal--they just don't understand the early release system, either.

It's taken me a *lot* of phone calls, and sorting through misinformation, but I think I finally have it figured out (until it all changes again). From what I "know," and the numbers you posted, your man should be released after 30 days. But that doesn't agree with the listed release date--usually the release date takes goodtime/worktime into account but not percentage release. So, I'm not entirely sure what's going on.

Hang in there.

Proudmommie
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
My Fiancee just got violated for parole and I was wondering if anyone has a loved one in the Medical gen pop?? How long does it take for mail to get there:confused:... What can I send there and If you do have a loved one there how do they like it... My Fiancee just had surgery on his neck/spine so that is why he is there its gonna be a long recovery so I hope he stays there because that is where he needs to be. We also have a baby girl in the icu right now who has been severly ill for a month now:(. This has been the worst month of my life:mad: and I just am hoping for some answers if you all have any... Thanks in advance...And PLEASE no judgements and rude answers please this is hard enough... I know he messed up again :oand my heart is broken:( but I also know he wasnt dealing with our baby being sick very well either:(.... he would have been home a year tmw... SMH... Super disappointed and sad but I gotta be strong and here for my babygirl everyday like I have been sooo....

grayworldangel
02-24-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl and your situation right now. If nothing has changed, my recollection of the medical housing in Central Jail (7000 floor IIRC) is that it's better than the rest of the jail. It's a bunch of smaller (than elsewhere in the jail) rooms that have 4-6 guys in them with more room than regular cells. There wasn't as much roof time or chaplains/school there, though. There are lots worse places to do his time.

Proudmommie
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
I am going to visit my fiancee tmw at mcj and was gonna get there about 815 to wait in line for a visit at 10 am is that early enough??? Have any of you ever visited on a friday??? Also can I bring a picture of our daughter???

PrincessSinohui
02-24-2011, 09:46 PM
I am going to visit my fiancee tmw at mcj and was gonna get there about 815 to wait in line for a visit at 10 am is that early enough??? Have any of you ever visited on a friday??? Also can I bring a picture of our daughter???

pues i dont think u need to show up that early unless u go on a sat at 6 okay. and ya but hide them

Proudmommie
02-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Thank u very much I Appreciate it alot.... what time would you get there then? They search you though right

PrincessSinohui
02-24-2011, 10:18 PM
well i'm showing up tomorrow also cuz my cousin is there but i'm going for the 5 o'clock time i went today but i didn't know his under high power n couldn't get visit so i went for nothing lol. so i would say by 9-930 & ur be alright

PrincessSinohui
02-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Thank u very much I Appreciate it alot.... what time would you get there then? They search you though right
n to answer ur questiona not at all just don't take no electronics for sure. they say no sunglasses but i always do but in jacket pocket hahaha

MrsCetina
02-25-2011, 01:29 PM

yes, 815 is a good time to start waiting in line. i visited on a friday i think (he was only in there for about a week then moved again). you're only supposed to have your visiting slip and locker key on you when you go into visiting at CJ & the towers... but at CJ they dont search you, they just ask if you have a cellphone on you, give you your slip and send you inside. so if you decide to bring some pictures in with you, there's a good chance you wont get caught. im not trying to encourage you to break the rules or anything, just telling you honestly from what I saw. I saw the opportunity several times to bring my camera phone in there and take a picture of him, but I decided not to just in case.

halebop
02-25-2011, 09:41 PM
In my experience Twin Towers is serious about only allowing the locker key but I always brought a book or two in with me (not hidden) when visiting MCJ and it was completely fine.

Grimlock
02-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Different facilities have different rules, I see a lot of people pretty much saying break the rules but to each it's own. If you get caught then that's on you because it can easily be taken as a violation, for all they know you could be passing on info for a hit inside the jails.

Just saying.

sweetlilcowgirl
02-27-2011, 09:54 PM
I would be afraid of taking anything in that I wasnt supposed to. Just for the simple fact that I could possibly lose my visits with my husband. And I for one and not willing to lose that.

halebop
02-28-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree about asking. They had no problem with me bringing in my book or two and a few photos at MCJ. I didn't sneak it. At Pitchess they review each photo and you can bring them if not explicit. At Twin Towers it isn't allowed. Just ask so you'll know for sure.

sidewalker
03-01-2011, 07:39 AM
If you are bringing things into the facilities that you are not supposed to bring in, you risk losing your visits.
If your not supposed to bring it in, my advice is dont.
Also want to remind you all

• Illegal Activities:
Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action (like “The best way to kill the neighbor’s dog”), or more importantly, anything relating to compromising the security of prisons and institutions (ETC) will not be allowed. Posts such as these will be deleted and may lead to you losing your posting privileges. This policy extends to profiles, avatars, etc., as well. PTO's policy on illegal activities also extends to references of gang activity, as gang activity is illegal (and especially in the prison systems). If you are affiliated with a gang and have a loved one in prison, you are certainly still welcome at PTO, but no reference to such affiliations in posts, profile, avatar, etc. is allowed.

Annabelle
03-02-2011, 11:11 AM
http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_17511203?source=rss_viewed

Prayers to him and his family. Horrible news.

Heluvedme1st
03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
OMG my Heart goes out to his Family

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
03-02-2011, 11:20 AM
So sad...my thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends of this young man.

Proudmommie
03-05-2011, 07:18 PM
So just out of curiousity do any of you know how long it takes for a letter to get to the jail and for you to get a letter from the jail???My man said he sent me a letter on tues and I aint that far from him so dont you think 4 days is enough???? Also how long does it take the parole board to contact him about being violated or not? Or to get some sort of paperwork about parole.

Proudmommie
03-16-2011, 03:33 PM
How do I call to find out if he is on lockdown? I got a call from the jail but it hung up on me before I could even push 0:blah::blah:

HisSoul
03-16-2011, 04:11 PM
How do I call to find out if he is on lockdown? I got a call from the jail but it hung up on me before I could even push 0:blah::blah:
Hi and welcome to PTO.
I would suggest calling the prison. Their number is 213-974-4916
I hope this helps..

HisSoul
04-02-2011, 07:55 PM
So just out of curiousity do any of you know how long it takes for a letter to get to the jail and for you to get a letter from the jail???My man said he sent me a letter on tues and I aint that far from him so dont you think 4 days is enough???? Also how long does it take the parole board to contact him about being violated or not? Or to get some sort of paperwork about parole.
Men's Central Jail Custody Information (http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/mcj/mcj-custodyinfo.html)

Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/mcj/faq.html)

Inmate Marriage Information (http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/mcj/marriages.html)

Men's Central Jail (MCJ)

441 Bauchet Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012

Men's Central Jail currently houses the majority of Los Angeles County's high risk, high security inmates, and it ranks as the largest jail in the free world. the average annual operational budget is 52 million dollars, with an annual inmate food budjet of 6 million dollars, and an annual inmate medical maintence cost of approximately 94 million dollars. The average housing cost per inmate is $53.45 per day.

Inmate Information: 213-473-6100

Visiting: Thursday through Sunday; 10am - 3pm and 5 pm - 7pm

For extended visiting information please click below:
Visiting Schedule (http://app4.lasd.org/iic/MCJ.pdf)

Please call the Inmate Information Center at (213) 473-6100 prior to your arrival at Men's Central Jail to determine if the inmate you intend to visit is allowed a visit and if there are any special restrictions on their visiting privilege. Generally if an inmate is attending court on any given day they will not be allowed a visit for that day.

Public Transportation to Men's Central Jail, Twin Towers, IRC, and the Court
Take connecting trains to Union Station, once at Union Station walk over to Vigness Street exit at the Station to Jail.

Metro Riding Information (http://www.metro.net/riding_metro/maps/default.htm)

sunmoon728
04-04-2011, 04:45 PM
it can take up to 30 days for the parole board to let him know if he has been violated or not.

OneNonly05
04-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know how I would go about getting perscription glasses to an inmate at MCJ ?? He was wearing them when he was picked up and they were confiscated:angry: the CO told him they would need to picked up from property but then what?? I was able to get them out of his property but now what :hmm:??? Any help would be appreciated.:) Thanks

bebegrl
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
I was able to give my boyfriends glasses to him when i went to visit him in jail. I handed it to a CO and they gave it to him.

OneNonly05
04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
I was able to give my boyfriends glasses to him when i went to visit him in jail. I handed it to a CO and they gave it to him.

I will try that when I vist him this week! Thank you !

jdcl0215
04-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Letters for Jail... it'll take up to about a week or so for him to get the letters that you send to him. For the letters that he sends out... it usually would work like any regular letters being sent out to any other person. They're not as strict with what the inmate sends out but they're strict with what the inmate receives.

luvnstarz67
04-21-2011, 11:53 PM

My Husband was arrested on April 6th, and he was supposed to meet with Parole personnel tomorrow (already!) but he has court so they postponed it until Monday. So it takes no time. Plus keep in mind that the state is gng through a budget crisis, so the sooner they go through ppl. the better. About your mail question well I am in the same predicament as you, I mailed out a letter last wk. and he still has not received it?? (he is at Wayside, I am by the LAX)...Good luck! :thumbsup:

supadupaalex18
05-21-2011, 07:42 PM
anyone know if friends can visit? or just family?
Also can they get a visit every available day they are allowed visits?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
anyone know if friends can visit? or just family?
Also can they get a visit every available day they are allowed visits?

Anyone can visit. An inmate can receive 2 visits per weekend. So two of the 4 days. Hope this helps! :)

MitosWifee!
05-24-2011, 08:37 PM
Anyone can visit. An inmate can receive 2 visits per weekend. So two of the 4 days. Hope this helps! :)

When my Husband was in MCJ they were allowed 4/15 min visits and Twin Towers its 2/30 min visits.. Wayside is 2/30min or 1/hour visit.. The inmates are allowed a total of 1 hour of visiting per week..

D4C
05-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Wayside doesn't do 1 hour visits anymore, but you can go down after the first 30 min visit & then go right back up for a second :)

supadupaalex18
05-25-2011, 01:26 AM
Wayside doesn't do 1 hour visits anymore, but you can go down after the first 30 min visit & then go right back up for a second :)

memorial day weekend doesnt give inmates an extra half hour visit do they?

ALWAYS HERE 4 M
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
When my Husband was in MCJ they were allowed 4/15 min visits and Twin Towers its 2/30 min visits.. Wayside is 2/30min or 1/hour visit.. The inmates are allowed a total of 1 hour of visiting per week..

Hmmm...when my husband was there it was 2 visits a weekend at both facilities. Thanks for the update!! :)

D4C
05-27-2011, 01:06 AM
memorial day weekend doesnt give inmates an extra half hour visit do they?

Monday, Memorial Day is a recognized holiday, so yes they can get a visit on Monday.

supadupaalex18
05-27-2011, 11:35 AM
Monday, Memorial Day is a recognized holiday, so yes they can get a visit on Monday.

but it still only is a total of 1 hr of total visits for the week right? not 1:30?

D4C
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
The holiday visit does not count towards the weekly limit.

supadupaalex18
05-28-2011, 11:42 PM
The holiday visit does not count towards the weekly limit.

Really?

ok another question, can another visitor go on the same day to visit?
Say 3 people go in , then after they come out another 3 go in? DO they have to wait for the others to be out before they put their names?

D4C
05-29-2011, 09:48 AM
It depends on the facility. They allow it at wayside, but not anywhere else.

At wayside I've done double visits in one day, but they do count as two visits. What I've done is I go up for the first visit, and then come all the way back down & get in line and go up again. if you are going to do this with two groups of people the second group will need to wait until the first group comes out.

I hope this helps =)

supadupaalex18
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
It depends on the facility. They allow it at wayside, but not anywhere else.

At wayside I've done double visits in one day, but they do count as two visits. What I've done is I go up for the first visit, and then come all the way back down & get in line and go up again. if you are going to do this with two groups of people the second group will need to wait until the first group comes out.

I hope this helps =)

i went today, didnt try this, but at same time i think spreading 30min visits over 2 days is better so we he can have visits 2 days, being that we are fortunate and close enough to make the trip. thanks for the info thoough

ScareeOC
05-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Can anybody please tell me why twin towers and wayside have holiday visiting today...You would think that sitting at men's central ALL day yesterday hoping to to get a visit while the system was down...then to get down there today and find out only towers had holiday visits???? Can somebody please explain what the heck ... Cherry on top is my hubbys status is SP4 as of mid last week praying I get to see him at least one more time before reception. =o/

Proudmommie
06-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Hey I was just curious I am taking my baby for the first time to see her daddy in mcj I have been there plenty of times but I dont seem to remember if the stroller and diaper bag will be allowed in i mean i cant go in there without her formula and diapers and wipes and stuff so whats allowed as far as the baby is concerned?:confused:

D4C
06-01-2011, 07:57 PM
they will let you take in the stuff for the baby, just not your purse or cell phone.

Proudmommie
06-05-2011, 05:22 PM
mcj on lockdown? Havent recieved a call all day n the phone hung up on us last night

Dees4eva
06-17-2011, 10:45 AM
All L.A. County jails have a messed up system. I'm glad I'm done w/ that issue 8 yrs ago. Your guy will be so happy to be shipped to State prison. The long lines to see/talk to him for 30 mins&bull;the rude/men guards&bull;the nasty visiting areas. *wipes forehead* Good Luck Ladies!

TWEETY&SCRAPPY
06-26-2011, 08:57 PM
MY BABE SAYS HE REALLY CANT CALL BUT SOMETIMES I FEEL HIS LYING HE USE TO CALL EVERYDAY AT ALL TIMES.. BUT NOW ITS ONCE A DAY AND NOT EVERYDAY.. HIS IN MEN CENTRAL JAIL:hmm:

D4C
06-26-2011, 10:34 PM
There really isn't a way to find out. In Men's central they usually leave the phones on 24/7, but they can turn them off if they feel like it. It could be that he is in a cell with a lot of guys that want to use the phone & he can only get on it once a day.

edit... is he going to prison? if so, he may be preparing himself for when he goes to reception & cannot use the phone at all.

TWEETY&SCRAPPY
06-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Yea i wonder cuz he use to call at all times and sometimes back to back... But ever since he started, and now that it has ended he hasnt like you said they might keep them like that wit no phones.. Cuz now he calls me like evry other day. And once a day for a lil bit or an hour cuz i dnt listen.. I hope its dat and not him lying...