View Full Version : Whip Myself Back into Shape Journal

Pages : [1] 2 3

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 06:14 PM
ok before posting in here make sure that you are signed up as either a Participant or a Supporter!

This is our journal where we can vent our frustrations, congratulate others or ourselves, 'fess up to our "cheating", look for support/encouragement from others, etc.!

**Please try to keep this mainly related to WMBS(whip myself back into shape)! If you need to vent other things please post in the appropriate forum. Thanks**

SUPPORTERS: Thank you all in advance! Encouragement and knowing that someone is rooting for you can do a lot to someone's self esteem! Stay on us, and don't be too lenient! :D

PARTICIPANTS: please copy/paste and respond to the following statements (I found it online). Remember to be as honest as possible. There is no need to feel ashamed, because we are in this together!! This should be the VERY FIRST entry in your Journal.
You only have to answer these for the first entry, unless some answers change!

JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body(Hint: don't say "nothing." That's not allowed. It can be anything from your skin, to your fingernails, to your smile, to the shape of a particular body part.)

2. Make a list of the three things you most dislike about your body.

3. Make a list of three things that you are denying yourself by not being fitter and having a body you can be happy in.

4. Make a list of three things you could do right now that would make a difference today.

Wittysweet
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body(Hint: don't say "nothing." That's not allowed. It can be anything from your skin, to your fingernails, to your smile, to the shape of a particular body part.)
My hair , my face, my ankles..lol....my legs... I like...about me...

My big chest,my thights,my upper arms.. yuk don't like these!

3. Make a list of three things that you are denying yourself by not being fitter and having a body you can be happy in.
Health...
I have always used my weight to hide from men. And I found the one I don't need to hide from.
My inner happiness...

4. Make a list of three things you could do right now that would make a difference today.
Already went for a walk tonight...
Ate better today... Doing the Dr. Phil thing...
Love myself enough to want to change.

Come on all you Beautiful Diva's.... LOve You
Believe in yourself and you will be the creator of your destiny...
Witty

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 06:30 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body:

My waist, my chest and my tattoo.

My hips, my legs and my butt.

1) Health
2) The self-confidence to live my life completely on my terms
3) The ability to wear WHATEVER I want and look good in it (forgive me for being just a little vain here! :p )

1) Walk my doggies.
2) Throw out the junk
3) Accept where I am now so that I have the confidence to succeed moving forward.

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 06:31 PM
After completing #1, Copy/paste Entry #2: And at the end
'sign' your First name and whether or not you are ready to get rockin! :D

Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I ,_______, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,_______, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,_______, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,_______, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,_______, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,_______, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 06:38 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
My smile, my "thickness" (thighs, legs) :D, my skin complexion

my stomach, my back, my arms

*being able to wear my "sexy" clothes HAHAHA!*
*my health*
*going out and enjoying life to the fullest*

*get off my tail*
*not buy any 'junk' food*
*LOVE myself like nobody else can!*

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I ,_______, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,_______, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,_______, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,_______, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,_______, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,_______, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

**Keisha**
* I am READY to get ROCKIN!!*

SFC
02-08-2004, 06:45 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
I like my eyes, smile and butt.

cellulite, upper body and waist.

A closet full of clothes that don't fit me, bikinies, and a happier me

Walk on my treadmill, cut back on carbs, fats and sweets and not fall into temptation.

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 06:56 PM
My teeth, my fingernails and my cute feet...

The rest of it.. LOL.. actually I dislike my stomach the most - the extra skin that no matter how much weight I lose will ONLY go away with a tummy tuck. My short legs and that flabby part on my arms...

sexy lingerie
going swimming without having to wear shorts over my bathing suit
clothes that don't cover my butt

get my butt off this desk chair and use my exercise machine that is two feet away from me.
buy my healthy foods at the store and don't buy the items that are my weaknesses (popcorn, ice cream, chips)
set my mind to getting healthier and not keep putting it off to tomorrow

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Signed! Andi

I am ready to get rockin!!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 07:01 PM
Ladies we are on our way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only HOURS from making a big commitment.. a lifestyle change... CONGRATS!!!!!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO FOR US!!

Keisha

:D :D

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 07:27 PM
Okay, girls! I am pumped. I have just finished my last splurge for awhile--which was a handful of those Butterfinger Valentine hearts. Yummy! I am up and at it EARLY in the morning to go for a long walk and start my Special K Program. I have a pair of jeans that I bought that I am 5 pounds too big for right now. That is going to be my first goal. I want to be back in them by March 15. Let me hear from you guys--what is your first short-term goal? To run a mile? Lose 5 pounds? Get in your favorite pair of jeans? Let me know so I can send you friendly reminders if anyone slacks off on the posting in here. I am excited! Thank you all in advance for all of the support that I know you are going to give me.

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 08:07 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:

-my hair
-my nails (when I don't bite them)
-my eyes

-my stomach
-my short legs
-my teeth

-more energy and just feeling good
-more confidence
-being able to wear whatever I want

-drink a bottle of water before I go to bed
-not pig out before bed
-get a good nights rest to start the week off right
(I'm a little tired, can you tell? :))

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 08:09 PM
ladies I am pumped too!!!!!!

and I don't have to worry about throwing away any junk food... cuz I've digested what was left LOL. :(

My main goal is to lose 50 lbs! But since that will take a while.. to keep my confidence I am going to first aim for 15 lbs!! And then just do it that way!!
I am just dying to go shopping for Spring Clothes... and WHEN I start seeing my ACCOMPLISHMENTS then that will be my reward!!!!

COME ON LADIES WE CAN DO IT!!!

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Dee
I'm ready..let's rock!!!!!!

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 08:20 PM
[B]Dee - #3

Andi, I'm in the same boat you're in! I have about five pairs of jeans and some shirts I could wear if I just lost 5 or 10 pounds and firmed up. My baby's coming home in 2-6 weeks and I want to look as good as I can for him! I know he would love me no matter how big I was, but it's part of his welcome home package :)

I'm really excited about this everyone!! We've got plenty of time before summer to make a difference and we have something productive to do while our honeys are gone. We can do this!!!!

SFC
02-08-2004, 08:21 PM
My first goal is to walk every day for atleast 30 minutes and do 100 crunches a day. I know I could do this it's just keeping it up. So ladies I need for you guys to push me. I'll do the same for you. :)

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 08:22 PM
Grrrrrrr....I miss the edit button :smash:

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 08:25 PM
LonelyOne you are right that we have something productive to do!!

I change my goal from losing 50 lbs (since I don't know how much I weigh) to dropping about 4 sizes (in clothes)!! To me that's more important than an acutal #!

Where is everyone else at? Maybe they will be along tomorrow.

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 08:28 PM
SFC... girl we got you!! Don't even worry about it!

And lonelyone.. I miss that darn button too!!

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Alright ladies I am logging off for the evening.. Need to go do some things before I close out the night.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing everyone have a great 1st day.

oh and starting tomorrow when posting in the journal.. in the Title bar, instead of putting entry # (unless it is an OFFICIAL post with a number), put the date.. that will make it easier to find them when the thread gets bigger.

GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!
Hope you have prosperous days this week!

Keisha
pm me if you need to!

Manzanita
02-08-2004, 08:55 PM
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body

it is well proportioned, nice booty, nice legs

getting flabby, breasts are two different sizes :rolleyes: ,my feet are UGLY

wearing low rise jeans! LOL a body that will last pregnancies,health!

work out, eat less junk, smile!

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 08:56 PM
I just wanted to share an idea for the daily journal with everyone. I copied and pasted it into word, so I can update it anytime. This way I won't forget anything and I can just copy and post at the end of the night!

Good luck everyone!!!!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 08:59 PM
Lonelyone I was thinking of that earlier, but wasn't sure if everyone was at a location where they had 'anytime' access to word.. like at home, work, etc..

but that is the same thing that I am doing!

It seems to be easier that way as well!

Thanks for sharing.

MajicLady
02-08-2004, 09:30 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1.lips
2.eyes
3.height
1.stomach
2.back
3.flabby arms
1.a long and healthy life with my loved ones
2.letting what's on the inside out
3.energy!
1.keeping this commitment to myself!
2.just get up and do the damn thang!
3.REMIND MYSELF DAILY THAT BY LOVING MYSELF IM LOVING AND LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST!

MajicLady
02-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Shonda...I'm in it to win it!
------------------------------
I am his Queen, He is my King and together we rule our own little kingdom!

MajicLady
02-08-2004, 09:40 PM
2/8/04
Ladies I am excited and pumped up. I was doing this on my own and it's so good to have someone who can relate and support. Ladies you have given me so much support, just being able to come here and get that daily lift of our mental spirits. Now we are going to help each other lift ourselves physically and I can't tell you how exited that makes me.

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 10:15 PM
MajicLady thanks for joining!! That's right we are here to support each other!

PARTICIPANTS:
Don't forget to sign up in the other thread.. that is how we are keeping tabs on who is participating so we know how to pair everyone up.
THANKS!
Keisha

imissrondale
02-08-2004, 10:25 PM
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body(Hint: don't say "nothing." That's not allowed. It can be anything from your skin, to your fingernails, to your smile, to the shape of a particular body part.
my smile my eyes and my hair

my stomach my butt and my hips

feeling sexy
wearing cute clothes
feeling good about myself

stop drinking mountain dew all day long
eat healtheir foods
do some exrcise instead of sitting around

imissrondale
02-08-2004, 10:35 PM

i am definately ready to do this my goal is to lose 40 lbs that would make me at my ideal wieght that would be weight before 2 kids lol i am in a size 13/14 now would love to see what a size 10 feels like again!!! this was a great idea i am psyched i will start in the morning!!!:):)

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 10:39 PM
imissrondale!! girl you are not alone.. we are all pretty much psyched!!

We have to support each other like no other :d

i look forward to seeing your results! See ya tomorrow!

JustLisa
02-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Signed: Lisa...
I am ready to go.. I am sitting here having my last bowl of popcorn for a while.. This is great!!!!!

JustLisa
02-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Ok.. My size 16 (yuck) jeans are TIGHT.. If I can get back into my size 12's I will be much happier.. that is where I was before I started gaining.. BUT I would REALLY love to get into a size 8-10..

I am going to also start doing 50 situps a day.. I am so out of shape I can hopefully do that..

Anyone else want to join me in situps?????

Lisa

joshsgirl
02-09-2004, 12:30 AM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:

1. Eyes
2. Hair
3. Legs

1. Mid Section
2. Big Chest
3. Back

1. Self Confidence
2. Health
3. The lifestyle I deserve

1. Eat Healthy
2. Exercise
3. Motivate

joshsgirl
02-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Tammy

Let's Go!! I am Ready!!.

:fb:

joshsgirl
02-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Well... here we go....

I have about 10 weeks before my Baby comes home on April 21, WOOHOO!!!!
and I really want to tone up the Fat on my Belly and I have the love handles on my back (God I hate those!!) and I want to lose some pounds too...

Well first of all... I take a bus to work that is about a 20 minute walk from my work... so I try to at least walk that every day and that is twice a day...
I have been eating alot of fast food... which I will completely cut down on if not all the way out!! and I need to do some exercises to get my body in shape ( any ideas???)

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:27 AM
GOOD MORNING... today is the day!!!!!!

don't 4get to "watch" yourself today.
One tip that I can give everyone is... if you AREN'T sure if you are ready to committ to an actual "diet." then for this first week just make a list of EVERYTHING that you eat, and that will show you EXACTLY what your trouble spots are!

Well I am just waking up so I haven't eaten or drank anything.

BE good ladies.. if you can't even last past day ONE then we have a problem :D

Love y'all.

Keisha

also if everyone could please e-mail me your name and e-mail address. Thanks!

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 06:28 AM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1. Make a list of the three things you most like about your body:
- chest
- hair
- butt

2. Make a list of the three things you most dislike about your body:
- stomach
- legs
- fat face!!! :(

3. Make a list of three things that you are denying yourself by not being fitter and having a body you can be happy in:
- health
- ENERGY!!!
- being able to dress sexy for visiting my baby!

4. Make a list of three things you could do right now that would make a difference today:
- clean the house
- drink lots of water
- PLAN my diet for the day

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:29 AM
Ok I got this online somewhere:

February 9, 2004

When written in Chinese, the word "crisis" is composed of two characters--one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.

John F. Kennedy

So let's dig ourselves outta this crisis-- get ourselves out of danger (some health wise) and we will see more opportunities!!

Love ya,
Keisha

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Commitment Contract

I, Carmen, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I, Carmen, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I, Carmen, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I, Carmen, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I, Carmen, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I, Carmen, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

Signed,
Carmen V. Reed

LET'S GET IT ON!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:32 AM
Carmen you can do it girl!! I know you can!

Hell, you better! :D

Keisha

Wittysweet
02-09-2004, 06:34 AM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I ,_Deneen, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,Deneen, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,Deneen, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,Deneen,promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,Deneen, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,Deneen promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.
:fb: Let's ROCK!!!!!!!

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 06:35 AM
FEELINGS ARE NOT FACTS!!! I like that!!! :) Ok, I'm starting out the day right... I had already packed my lunch for the day (which included a PB&J sandwich)... I saved it in the fridge for my boys to eat and I instead packed an "Atkin's Friendly" lunch... I'm doing the low-carb thing... anyone else doing that? I got lots of tips and ideas to share!! I've gots lots of water to drink too... I'm going to be peeing all day!

Good luck to everyone -- this is so HARD to do -- I've done it so many times before but for the first time in my life, I have SUPPORT behind me! And it's from the wonderful people at PTO who already support me 100% with my hubby being away!

I love all of you and WE CAN DO IT!!! :) Off to work!

papergirl
02-09-2004, 06:37 AM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
My Legs, My Breasts, and My Eyes

My belly, My upper arms, My butt

A healthy, long life
the joy of jogging
stress management

walk
cut out sweets
eat only when hungry

Donna

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Carmen I am doing the low-carb thing as well, and could definitely use some tips. I'm not even ready to do Atkins yet because I know I will crash!
But I WILL get there.. trust me!

Deneen and Donna, dont 4get what you are promising us and yourselves in that Contract!!!

I am going to stay up on everyone so make sure that y'all are ready!!

LETS GET ROCKIN LADIES!

papergirl
02-09-2004, 06:41 AM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I ,Donna Kaye, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,Donna Kaye, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,Donna Kaye, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,Donna Kaye, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,Donna Kaye, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,Donna Kaye, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

Donna Kaye Marten - Ready to Go!!!!!

papergirl
02-09-2004, 06:49 AM
Keisha,
Thanks for the words of inspiration. I have a lot of weight to lose 100+, but I think with my new friends here, I'm gonna do it! I need lots of support but I'm ready to ROCK!!!!

Donna Kaye

LonelyOne
02-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Carmen & Keisha, I'm kinda doing the Adkins thing too. I love bread and pasta waaaay too much to give them up completely, and I cannot see myself eating only 20 carbs a day (even for two weeks!). I am trying to cut back though, and am going to watch the fat grams too. I think as long as I try to eat healthier than I have been (which shouldn't be too hard!), and exercise regularly, the pounds should come off and I should be able to tone up! I'm keeping a detailed diary of what I'm eating for at least a couple weeks to see what I need to cut back on. I had a pretty healthy breakfast and am going to go work out soon.

Good luck ladies....we can do this!!!!!!!

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Dee and Donna we ARE gonna do it. Donna it doesn't matter if you wanted to lose 1000 lbs.. know that you have us here in your corner. You can do it girl! I know you can!!!

Dee that is a great idea.
Ladies at the end of today or at the beginning of tomorrow don't 4get to go to the OFFICIAL thread and fill in the information for today!!

Let's get Rockin ladies.. get off your tails, and shake your groove thang baaaaaaby! :D

LOL.

Keisha

papergirl
02-09-2004, 07:02 AM
OKay, this is what I did. I went and bought a gallon jug with a sports bottle top at Wal-mart - 2.00. I will fill it with water every morning and will not go to sleep at night until it is empty. Water is the key ladies - Drink up! I have given up my morning donuts! And for lunch I am having two hamburger patties with cheese. Maybe an omlett for dinner not sure yet!!! I AM ROCKIN!!!!!

First goal - BE ABLE TO BEND OVER AND TIE MY SHOES WITHOUT GETTING WINDED! LOL!

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Donna that jug idea is GREAT! Yea that is one of my biggest problems.. drinking enough water. but that idea was great.

See no donuts this morning!! That is a HUGE start, you go girl! Gimme a HIGH FIVE!

How about this: for lunch have 1 hamburger patty (maybe cut up like I do for little kids and myself sometimes) with no cheese and no bread (hence why I said cut it up), and then have 1 patty with cheese and if you want to eat the bread then do it..

Ok, you think you up for the challenge?
If not then you may as well go on and give it up now!! Because it's only a SMALL sacrifice that will save A LOT of carbs, and thats LESS calories you have to worry about losing...

So again, you up for it?! :D
Keisha

papergirl
02-09-2004, 07:19 AM
I'm up for it! I'm not even gonna eat the bread!!! I'll let you know after lunch how it went!

Donna

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Alright DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!

Let us know how it goes!

I am sooooo proud of you Already girl!!
Keep it up Miss Thang!!

Keisha

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Hmm,

I was hesitant about this but oh well..

Here is my BEFORE picture

every few months I will post an update, and then when I finally reach my destination I will post an AFTER picture!

Anyone else up for the challenge?

I am soo proud of everyone!

Keisha

babieboo
02-09-2004, 07:34 AM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:

I love my whole entire shape..I have worked hard for this body for the last two years.
I love my hair..
I love my smile and whole face

I get really skinny if I skip a meal
My waist is really small and it's hard to find clothes that fit right
I have sensitive skin

I would like to have a lil more energy
I would like to have more upper body strenght
I want to look really good this summer but I have stretch marks on the sides of my booty!

I can do more pushups than usual
I can not worry about stretch marks
I can eat more fruit that will give me energy and go to bed earlier if I try.

papergirl
02-09-2004, 07:58 AM
OOPPPS!!!!! I'll try again OK HERE I AM AGAIN

papergirl
02-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Keisha,

It is so good to put a face with a name! I'm gettin a little hungry here but hangin in! I don't want it to be too long before I can post my after pictures!

Good luck to All!
As Weight Watchers always says - Eat to live don't live to eat!

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Can I just say that we ROCK!!! I am so proud of all of us--whether we have 100 pounds to lose or just need to get more fit or are somewhere in between--we are all in this together to the end! I need to figure out how to get a picture of myself on here and I will do it. I guess I just take a picture and then ask them to put it on disc for me so I can download it? After I take it, I'll get with Keisha for some advice on the technical stuff.

Just to update you--I have had one glass of water today and plan to keep on chugging it. I am going to go to Wal-Mart and do what Donna did. I am a vegetarian so can't do the low-carb thing (not enough protein choices that I can eat), but I am watching fat grams, calories and going to cut out the sweets--that, and the cheese, is my big problem.

I am SO thankful to have all of you here to keep pushing me. Any of you can pm me anytime you want to cheat and I will remind you to keep your eye on the prize-- a HEALTHY, HAPPY, SEXY LIFE ON YOUR OWN TERMS!!!!

And--I want to echo what Keisha said (she's so smart)--if we can't do this for one day, we all have a problem! Cheers (raising water glass)!!!

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 08:29 AM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:

My skin tone, My hair and my legs!

My chest (too small), My stomach :( , My A$$, it is WAY TOO BIG LOL!

I am confused so I will get back on this question.

Exercise, eat right, stroonger minded!

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 08:35 AM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I , Candy_______, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,_Candy______, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,_Candy______, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,_Candy______, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,_Candy______, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,_Candy______, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

Okay lets do this!

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Welcome, austinsgirl! I am psyched you are here. I am just way too proud to have to admit to all of you guys that I cheated so I think this is going to work this time.

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Its okay as long as you can fess up to the cheat its all good! Lets get you back out here and on the move girl we will be in shape so that we can do the next PTO Conference in ummm Hawaii? LOL we will be on the beach with coconuts as bathing suit tops! LOL!

Thanks all its gonna be hard but we can do it!

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to say that I AM SO Very proud of everyone. I have gotten soo many pm's today with the "little" things that they have accomplished today. Every little bit counts!!

I am so proud. I will be posting some of them later :D
Keep up the good work.

Keisha

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Okay just wanted to ahre my first meal with everyone!

This morning, I ate a fruit bowl! Grapes, Green Apples, Cantelope & strawberries!

Yea me!

JustLisa
02-09-2004, 10:10 AM
ok... my day is now starting.. I'm on the West Coast.. I am making my scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast.. I made tuna with mayo to take for lunch adn of course by big ole water bottle.. I am doing the Atkins.. seems to be the only way I lose weight and it totally stabalizes my blood sugar - I am hypoglycemic..

Hang in there everyone and remember if you mess up get right back up there and try try again!!!

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 10:27 AM
Ok, I think I'll post this for everyone... seems like I'm not the only one who can't hack the Atkins diet TOTALLY, so here's an alternative one I've found:

I wanted to share with you the diet I'm going to do... I'm like you -- I *have* to have my carbs and I *hate* someone telling me I "CAN'T" have something... then I want it more. This diet is called the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. It allows you to "cheat" EVERY day -- only it's not cheating! Here's some quick facts about it and some links I found:

You eat breakfast and lunch as low-carb/no carb.
You eat your dinner (or other meal if you want to switch it up) as your "reward meal" every day.
Your reward meal can be whatever you want as long as it is proportioned, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 meats (proteins) and 1/3 veggies (not fruits - they can count as carbs).
You have to eat your "reward meal" in under an hour from start to finish... (uhhh not a problem for me! :))
You can go back for 2nds or 3rds as long as you go back for each of the 3 groups, for example, you can go back for carbs but you must have just as much veggies and meats too.
Here's a sample "reward meal":

pork chops
greens
mashed potatoes
Then seconds of:

pork chops
greens
cake!!!!! (any kind)
You can eat whatever kind of carbs you want... just keep it proportioned right.

Here's the book about it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=books&n=507846 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451173392/qid=1076343136//ref=pd_ka_1/002-6985686-6547231?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Here are some site's about it:

http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/ (http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/)
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...te-addicts.html (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/cabohydrate-addicts.html)
http://www.ivillage.com/topics/fitn...,165517,00.html (http://www.ivillage.com/topics/fitness/0,,165517,00.html)
http://weight-loss.featherish.com/c...dicts-diet.html (http://weight-loss.featherish.com/carbohydrate-addicts-diet.html)

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 10:28 AM
Austinsgirl and lisa: good for you! You guys seem so on the right track. It is 11:30 where I am and I am starting to feel a little hungry, so I am going to go have something healthy before I get cravings for something out of that nasty old vending machine.

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 10:42 AM
Good luck to everyone!!!

PaperGirl -- We are so behind you and EVERYONE else here -- like LaKeisha said, it doesn't matter if it's 100 lbs or 10 lbs... we can all achieve our goals with support and encouragement! I can't wait to have ENERGY again!

LaKeisha -- you're a DOLL... look what you've started... by coming and out and saying, "Hey, I need to whip my butt into shape!", you've got us all going! ((((Hugs)))) You're the bomb girl!

Carmen (the slowing thinning wife of Sam! :))

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 11:43 AM
Okay Question!!!!!!! I need help!!!!!

Can I eat a tuna sandwhich for lunch?

And what about when we go see our loved ones what do we do for food? Cause there is nothing healthy about Vending machine food! And I am not not goiing to eat for 7 hours! I will die! lol

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 11:48 AM
You can eat a tuna sandwich for lunch if you're not doing the low carb thing.; If you are doing low-carb, then ditch the bread and eat the tuna--but you can put mayo in it. If you are just watching calories and fat, you can have the bread, but you need to cut the mayo. Everything in moderation, my friend. Whatever you are doing, I think it always works best to stay away from the sugar!! Keep us posted.

Keisha is my hero. Left to my own devices, I would have already had chocolate today--and I'm not even kidding!

JustLisa
02-09-2004, 11:50 AM
I eat just the tuna mixed with mayo and a tiny tiny bit of relish... I am doing Atkins so I don't eat the bread.. When I go see my honey I get the lunchables out of the machine and just eat the meat and cheese... it all depends on which weightloss route you are going.. If doing Atkins, my main staple is cheese.. lots of protein. The first time I did the diet I was freaking out eating alot of eggs and cheese and meat.. I was scared I was going to gain weight but as long as I didn't cheat I lost alot..

Also, I find that the first two to three days of Atkins I crave sweets or carbs.. but after that I am hardly hungry...

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Welll where i go they dont have lunchabls, but I do see thoses Lean pockets I think, they have like chicken sandwhiches , I will just ditch the bread.

And thanks about the tuna!

Luv yall ladies! My back bone during this!

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
HELLO ladies!!

How is it coming? I am sooooo proud of myself today. Usually by now I would have had some McDonalds', some soda, some chocolate...

but I havent had any of it.

For breakfast I ate a bowl of cereal (and it wasnt a big bowl either :)) and an apple.

I didn't ride the elevators at school today!! I have one class on the 7th floor, one class on the 9th floor, and one class on the 6th floor. And trust me, my legs will let you know that I am not joking LOL. them bad boys (my legs) were hurting already!!

I have a lot of work to do but I have to thank y'all so much!! And my buddy NatureJunkee remindmed me early this morning to not dip into the chocolate. You rock girl!!

And Carmen gave me that "Carbs Addict" thing, I'm going to try that for awhile. It's not the most dramatic change, but hey its still a pretty big start.

LADIES WE ROCK!! wooooo hoooooo!! Keep up the good work. I'm rootin for ya!

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 02:08 PM
YAY!!! I had a good day!! One screw-up which was totally unintensional.... I was at the front desk, talking to our secretary and instinctly took a peppermint candy and ate it! (like I do everyday!!) (a no-no on my Carb Addict's diet...) I didn't even realize it until I went back to my desk and my mouth was sooooo minty fresh and then I was like OMG!!! For breakfast, I had meat and cheese rolled up and I'm about to have a yummy dinner of chicken, mashed taters and green beans!!! Then seconds with maybe some cake as my carbs instead of taters! :) woo hoo... I can do this! :) LOTS of water too! :)

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 02:12 PM
LOL@Carmen.. girl you are a riot!!

Congratulations.. you're doing good girl!
And don't worry about the peppermint slip up! Just don't do it again. lol. that was funny to me because I thought that you were going to say something else.
but none the less.... thats a no-no!!

MizzCandy
02-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Yea I had a turkey & cheese thingy for lunch, no tuna!

And I have a big old 1.5 liter bottle of water sitting in front of me!

LonelyOne
02-09-2004, 02:44 PM
Hey everyone...just thought I'd check in! Well, I thought I was doing pretty good today. Decent breakfast, already had a small work out in. Then I made a salad. I've never actually measured salad ingredients before, I'm very afraid to see the totals. Oh well, lesson learned...make smaller salads! On the plus side, I've already drank about 100oz of water today!

That carb addicts plan sounds really good, but still too structured for me. I'm very rebellious; have to do things my own way ;).

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 02:52 PM
Dee,

I am going to have to watch you!

What exactly is "your" way? Because even if you are eating smaller portions of whatever you're eating.. that doesnt necessarily mean that you are actually "cutting back" b/c if you are eating too much of one thing.. thats not good.
Everyone:
Make sure you watch your CARBS!! You don't have to eliminate them, but please watch them. And also watch your fat intake and also make sure that you are eating an ample amount of each food group.

You can be a little lenient with what kind of food plan you're on.. but don't be too slack.. b/c remember.. the only person you are hurting is YOU!!

Keep that in mind.

on that note... keep up the good work everyone! When you make it past this first week, you are good to go!!

LonelyOne
02-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks Keisha, I need someone to keep me in check sometimes! When I say 'my way', I just mean I can't stick to a strict plan. I'm trying to keep carbs between 50-100. I don't agree with the Adkins as far as having so much fat, so I'm trying to keep that down too, preferably under 30%. I also like to keep an eye on my sodium intake. So far today, carbs & calories are good, fat & sodium are not too good :(. I added up my salad and it was pretty scary! I think I might try to get another workout in later!

LBoogie0810
02-09-2004, 03:27 PM
ok before posting in here make sure that you are signed up as either a Participant or a Supporter!

This is our journal where we can vent our frustrations, congratulate others or ourselves, 'fess up to our "cheating", look for support/encouragement from others, etc.!

**Please try to keep this mainly related to WMBS(whip myself back into shape)! If you need to vent other things please post in the appropriate forum. Thanks**

SUPPORTERS: Thank you all in advance! Encouragement and knowing that someone is rooting for you can do a lot to someone's self esteem! Stay on us, and don't be too lenient! :D

PARTICIPANTS: please copy/paste and respond to the following statements (I found it online). Remember to be as honest as possible. There is no need to feel ashamed, because we are in this together!! This should be the VERY FIRST entry in your Journal.
You only have to answer these for the first entry, unless some answers change!

JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
My heart... very gegerous and kind, my smile.. bright and always there, my boobs... went through hell w/ a reduction for these babies!!

Butt... my man likes it, but I don't, stomach... want some off, thighs.. want to tighten them up

better health, better self image, responsible example for my children

begin exercising a little more religiously, be more conscious of eating better, just make up my mind to strive ahead and do the damm thang!!

babieboo
02-09-2004, 03:32 PM
yeah! great job everyone! I am everyone's number 1 fan!! dont worry about the screw ups...learn from them. One day at a time..Let's blow this popsicle stand!!!

For lunch I had spaghetti and sunchips--which i love
tonight during my study break I am going to do pushups just like i said I wish I would do more of..and if I am feeling really good--I am going to do my ab work out too!

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Hair, smile, eyes
stomach, nails, feet

tighter jeans, cuter tops, more energy

put the sucker down, drink more water, do some sit ups

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 06:46 PM
Ok, the rest of my day was good... didn't get the house clean... :( but I did good on my diet for dinner. I had a hot dog (my meat), green beans (my veggies) and potato bread around my hot dog (my carbs). Then for 2nds, I had a can of tuna (meat), celery sticks (veggies) and a piece of my son's birthday cake!! :) Yum... washed it down with 2 glasses of water... :)

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Can I just say how proud I am of ALL of us????? I had a GREAT day today. Had cereal for breakfast. Had a chicpatti (textured vegetable protein--yummy--tastes JUST like chic-fil-a, but not killing anything to eat it and it's baked, not fried) and beans for lunch and cereal for dinner. Only thing I didn't do that I said I would do is exercise--my day got started too early today--and I slept through my alarm. Tomorrow I WILL do it.

Keisha made a good point--we all need to make sure we are getting enough healthy food, regardless of the plan that we are on. I just went to the grocery and there is ALL kinds of fruit coming into season right now. I know you strict Atkins people have to watch that, but for everyone else, the fruit really fills me up and is so much better than candy.

I just want to thank you guys for being my "conscience" today--it REALLY worked. Anyone need me to remind them why we are doing this? Let me know and I'll tell it to you straight--we got four months (three months for those of us in the balmy South) before it's time to bust out those sundresses.

The first week is the hardest and we are 1/7 of the way done. Woo-hoo!!!

REMINDER: Did everyone sign up in Keisha's original thread so we can all get our buddies?

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 06:50 PM
P.S. I'm waiting to hear from Donna Kaye. Are you out there, girlfriend? How did your day go?

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 06:56 PM
I agree with NatureJunkee!

**For those of you all who are finished eating and exercising for today head on over to the OFFICIAL thread and do your post for today.**
IF you have to copy it into WORD and then fill it out and copy/paste it back, then do that.

Congratulations on a VERY successful FIRST DAY!
You don't know how proud I am of everyone.
The buddy lists will start going out tonight and the rest tomorrow.. and as we have more newcomers, then we will start doubling up!

****ATTENTION: If you have NOT exercised at all today... RIGHT NOW do either 10 JUMPING JACKS, or RUN in place for 2 minutes.... I don't want ANYONE to have an EMPTY exercise column for today!! ****

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
Commitment Contract

Danna
I am ready to get rockin!!!!

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Keisha- lol. I am hitting the floor as we speak. You've guilted me into getting my big bottom up out of this chair for a walk around the block with my puppies.

I sincerely hope that I am the only exerciser LOSER for today.

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
yesssssssssss!!

I am soooooooo proud of you girl (NatureJunkee)!!! Do your damn thing :)

Let me know how it goes!!

HOOOOOOOOORAY!

Willsgirl thanks for joining us hun! I really appreciate it!

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
I am starting tomorrow I am ready to do this

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 07:05 PM
Which one is the OFFICIAL thread, Keisha? I thought we were supposed to post our "dailies" in the Journal thread (this one)... am I missing one?

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 07:23 PM
Sorry for the confusion!!!
Carmen you are right. this thread is the JOURNAL thread where we can discuss our daily lives relating to the CHALLENGE..

but there is a Thread where we post only OFFICIAL business... you'll see what I mean.

here is the link:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46050

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
No problem as long as we stay on top of each other we can handle this

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 07:38 PM
I need help with finding a good diet to follow, that dont require tuna or grapefruit juice something easy, cause I am always on the go work and back and forth to see my boo

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Willsgirl: I don't follow a specific "diet." I try to do what Weight Watchers preaches that has worked for so many people for so many years: everything in moderation. Since I am a vegetarian, I don't eat any meat which means that I do end up eating more carbs than lots of folks on the Atkins diet. If you are on the go alot, it would probably be easiest for you to stick to a low fat, low calorie diet. What type of food do you like? There are those yogurt smoothies that you can buy at the grocery store now. They are good for you, have lots of vitamins and calcium and about 240 calories. You can easily eat those on the go, or have a bowl of cereal, or make hard boiled eggs and eat those. For lunch on the go, most of the fast food places have salads now. As long as you are careful about the dressings, you can do that. You can also pack a sandwich and a peace of fruit--that's pretty easy. If you pm me what types of food you like to eat and have access to, I can give you more suggestions. Ironically, my dad ran a weight loss camp for many years when I was growing up, so I know lots about diet and exercise--now if I would just be good about practicing what I preach!

SFC
02-09-2004, 09:05 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

SFC

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Question: Do we put a * by each day that we complete it or just at the end of the week?

Answer: For the 5 goals: it really depends on how you set your goals up.

for ex 1: one of my goals is to not drinking any soda ALL WEEK.. so it won't do me any good to put a * on monday, b/c I havent yet completed my goal to go ALL week w/o a soda.
but
for ex 2: if my goal is to go EACH DAY without drinking soda.. then for EVERY day that I go w/o drinking soda I put a * by it.

do you understand what I mean?

if you have a question about yours let me know what it is and I may be able to help you with it.

but the goal lists says to list your goals for the WEEK, not for the DAY!
but set it up how you'd like, just respond appropriately!

Willsgirl
02-09-2004, 09:16 PM
I wanna send NatureJunkee, a speical thank you for all your help. Thank you Thank you Thank you and again Thank you. :)

blessings

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 09:23 PM
You're so sweet, Willsgirl. We're in this together. Is it just me, or was it kind-of fun to have something productive to think about today other than our men??? Not that we don't love them, but I actually didn't think about Joe much at all today until he called. I don't plan to make a total habit of that, but I felt like I took a little control back today--not just from the whole "prison" thing, but in other areas too. Keisha and I talked a little about this, and she had a similar day of just focusing on her.

I feel so blessed tonight--by your friendship, by my new motivation, and by the fact that it is my life and I can make anything out of it that I choose.

Good night, ladies. Talk to all of you tomorrow--and NO MIDNIGHT MUNCHIES. If you are going to do that, pm me and I'll give you my phone number and you can call me and I'll talk some sense into you! :ha:

ToughTimes
02-09-2004, 09:23 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:

MY EYES, MY SMILE, MY BIG BOOBIES! :D

MY TUMMY, MY JIGGLY ARMS, AND MY FAT LEGS

BEING HEALTHY, MAYBE CAUSING INFERTILITY IN THE LONG RUN, RISK OF DIABETES, HAVING TO SPEND EXTRA MONEY ON PLUS SIZE CLOTHING, GETTING TIRED WHEN DOING NORMAL ACTIVITIES.

MAKE SOMEONE SMILE, MOVE OUT OF MY CURRENT APARTMENT, AND WRITE A LETTER TO MY PENPAL! :)

NatureJunkee
02-09-2004, 09:25 PM
Toughtimes--way to go on getting journal entry #1 up! I like your list of things that can make a difference!

ToughTimes
02-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

I ,LISA, promise to commit to this program by being willing to look honestly at my behavior and feelings, no matter what comes up, and to record them in my journal.

I ,LISA, promise that before I break any of the promises or assignments, I will sit down and re-read this contract.

I ,LISA, promise not to let toxic influences -- including well-meaning friends -- interfere with my resolve to complete this program.

I ,LISA, promise to remember the reasons I am doing this program in the first place, especially when I am tempted to stop doing it.

I ,LISA, promise to recognize the inevitable negative thinking and doubts which will certainly come up for me during the Community Challenge® and, while recognizing and honoring them as my feelings, will not empower them by allowing them to stop me. I will remember that "feelings are not facts."

I ,LISA, promise to keep my commitment to myself and the group and will make my word law in the universe. I will not drop out without discussing this with at least one other person. I will not hide from what comes up for me and will find opportunity in everything that occurs, no matter how much I may feel like giving up.

I DIDN'T EXERCISE LIKE I WAS PLANNING ON DOING TODAY, AND I FEEL BAD ABOUT THAT. I WOKE UP AT 4 AM AND STAYED UP TILL 8:30 AM, BUT I WAS SO TIRED THAT I WENT BACK TO SLEEP TILL I HAD TO GET UP TO GO TO MY VISIT. TOMORROW WILL BE A BETTER DAY!! :D

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:27 PM
NatureJ.. I was thinking the same thing about the midnight munchies...

NO MIDNIGHT SNACKS ladies!!

ok NatureJ.. so I will be calling you :D LOL... so you can talk some sense into me! lol jk

I am very proud of the DAY ONE responses! VEEEEEERY proud! Keep it up everyone, I mean it!
And be prepared for DAY TWO...

SFC
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE! I think for our first day we all did very well over all. Some of us may have cheated (me), but it's all good b/c atleast we have made the commitment to change. Gradually we'll make better choices to eat. I find that by posting what we have eaten for the day helps us see where we could make other choices. By the way I am getting other food ideas from some of you. Oh Keisha, I am doing jumping jacks aside from my 100 crunches just b/c I cheated. LOL

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
LISA (toughtimes)...

let today be your LAST slack day. Tomorrow you need to pick it up, and get with the program ok?

I will definitely be checking in on ya!

Keisha

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Ohh, I know what I meant to say ladies.. for those of you who have a little free time at home...

every few hrs or so.. TURN ON SOME GOOD MUSIC AND JAM!! that is a great way to have a good time alone, release stress, and get some exercise in.

I was jamming ALLL MORNING! But I forgot to put it on the exercise list :( I'm slacking lol.

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:32 PM
SFC,

that is great!! That makes me feel a little better, but I'm still not "lifting" your no ice cream/no cake rule!!

That is your PUNISHMENT for cheating so early!! :D

SFC
02-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Not even if I do 100 jumping jacks?

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Not even if you do 1000 jumping jacks...

but hey.. why waste all your energy doing 100 jumping jacks if you are going to eat CAKE AND ICE CREAM... which will really average out to doing maybe about 35 jumping jacks!!

So you make the decision!!
Just remember. No cake and NO ice cream :D

ToughTimes
02-09-2004, 09:40 PM
For sure, Keisha!! I'm planning on doing the whole exercise thing tomorrow .... but I have a problem with food. I am REALLY poor right now :( .... I only work part time and have a bunch of bills to pay with my unemployment check. I had 2 interviews last week and one on Friday, so I am hoping something will come along soon .... HOWEVER, how can I eat right when I have no money to buy food at all? I have some canned veggies and oatmeal. That's about it. I can't wait till I work again!!!! I drink lots and lots of water though, always did. What can I get food wise that is healthy, cheap, and is good for me (vitamin wise)? H E L P! !

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 10:43 PM
Toughtimes I am really sorry to hear that. EXTRA good luck with getting one of those jobs. I have my fingers crossed for you.

As far as the 'foods' go. I would like for you to pm me a 'list' of foods that you have to work with. and maybe we can go from there and we can know how to "budget" and "plan" the rest of the foods that you will need!

I am definitely behind you girl!

GOOD NIGHT ALL. I will check on everyone else in the morning!

MajicLady
02-10-2004, 12:58 AM
congrats everyone! i am so very proud of us, it feels so good! overall it looks like everyone made good food choices. keisha, thank you again for having that go get em attitude, we can't help but get excited!

papergirl
02-10-2004, 05:14 AM
Okay day one down - No Problem. Hoping for the same today

Donna Kaye

LonelyOne
02-10-2004, 06:23 AM
Good morning everyone!!!! We made it through day one!!!! Just wanted to see how everyone was feeling today. Do you feel like you stuck to your plan? Were you more aware of what you were eating since you knew you had to fess up at the end of the day?

I feel great!!!! I'm even more excited today than yesterday!! I was a lot more aware of what I was eating since I wrote every bite down (especially after my MEGA salad :rolleyes: ). It gives me a lot more motivation knowing I have such a great support group here who's doing this with me!

Keep up the great work ladies!!!!!!! We can do this!!!!!!!!

(I have to lose 5 lbs QUICK...just noticed last night the only pair of jeans that fits me decent is getting a hole in the butt :ha: )

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 07:11 AM
February 10, 2004

Write the bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble.

Arabic Proverb

I hope to see everyone's SHAPE UP SUCCESS written on a marble... and then we can toss them into the sea together why we are all standing around looking all fine and sexy in our swimsuits!

:D

Keisha

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 07:15 AM
GOOD MORNING All!

Everyone ready to begin the day? Anyone dropping out yet? Remember... as you all quit, your name will be posted in the Shoutbox!! :D

You signed a contract, now get off your tail, get moving and have a GREAT DAY TWO!

Don't 4get to stay away from that CHOCOLATE, and CAKE AND ICE CREAM. And also be sure to drink LOTS of water (although not too much)

Everyone can do some exercise today! I was disappointed that someone yesterday posted NO EXERCISE! (won't call any names). Well today sweetie,
you better have something on there. JUMPING JACKS, SIT UPS, CRUNCHES, PUSH UPS, RUNNING IN PLACE... can all be done right next to the computer.

SO there is NO excuse. I will be checking in on EVERYONE today!

Hope we have a success like we did on day one! So very proud everyone made me!

Keisha

LonelyOne
02-10-2004, 07:52 AM
I have a couple nutrition questions if anyone can answer them:

1. Keisha mentioned not to drink too much water, anyone know how much is too much? I always thought you could never get enough water.

2. Does anyone know how many grams of protein are recomended for a healthy diet?

I had my usual breakfast and just got done working out :), the only thing I'm worried about today is work. I work in a bar with LOTS of yummy fried food and LOTS of yummy alcohol. Wish me luck girls!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!

Dee

Angelbaby8599
02-10-2004, 08:03 AM
I took my measurements this morning and I'm happy to report that I have lost 8 inches and 5 lbs! All that hard work is paying off and I'm actually sticking with one of my resolutions for more than just a day or two.

LonelyOne
02-10-2004, 08:05 AM
That's wonderful Angelbaby...keep up the great work!!!

Angelbaby8599
02-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks lonelyone! I hope I can stay motivated. Good luck to you at work!!

Remember you are stronger than the alcohol (trying to convince myself of that one more so than you! LOL) and the fried foods.

babieboo
02-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Good going angelbaby!! Keep it up..I will be doing more pushups tonight!

Angelbaby8599
02-10-2004, 08:15 AM
Thanks babieboo & good luck to you!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 08:23 AM
lonelyone i searched online for a website that you can look at about drinking too (much or little) water. Many people don't realize that you can drink too much water although it rarely brings about any harmful side effects.

And also, what type of "diet" are you looking at. Do you just mean to maintain healthy eating or an actual DIET?

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 08:24 AM
hmm ok well maybe it would help if I actually posted the website (hope this isn't against any PTO rules):

http://healthfactsandfears.com/featured_articles/jul2003/water072403.html

LonelyOne
02-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the link Keisha! I don't have time to read it completely (alreadly running late for 1st job, I'll read it comepletely later!), but I saw it said too much water can cause a drop in sodium content in the body. This is good news for me I think, because I tend to consume too much sodium. Hopefully, this will balance it out, because I drink a ton of water!

As far as the protein, I'm trying not to look at this as a "diet", so I would say how much just for a healthy way of eating.

Dee

SamsWife
02-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Ok, day 2 is off to a good start... 32 oz. of water so far and I had colby jack cheese slices for breakfast and hot dogs and cheese for lunch... not hungry at all... need to drink more water... dinner will be yummy tonight! :) no exercise yet, but hopefully will get to do some tonight!

JustLisa
02-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Hey all... I'm still here just swamped right now... yesterday I worked then drove the almost three hours to see my honey, visited with him for about 6 hours.. drove BACK home and then had to pick my kids up... I will post all my stuff later today when I get off work.. or today at work once I get all my typing work done.. I am hanging in there.. But I did cheat and ate a creme filled krispy kreme donut yesterday on my way home from the visit.. bad Lisa... BUT I did good in the visit room - ate nothing bad...

SamsWife
02-10-2004, 11:14 AM
yummmmmm..... cream-filled Krispy Kreme!!! OMG, Lisa... really BAD! :rolleyes: Maybe I'll have to have a donut at my reward meal tonight...

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 11:19 AM
No can do Carmen!!

No donut!! It may be "tasty" but it definitely isn't a "reward" especially when you have to work twice as hard tomorrow just to get rid of what you will put on with that donut.
**think of this.. you work hard ALL DAY today, and then as your last meal you have a Donut... great in theory, but too soon in timing. Because then that just lets your mind and body know that if you do good all day, then at the end of the day you can eat "WHATEVER". So be careful. A donut may be a great reward at the end of the week.

And lisa.... no more slip-ups this week hun! And today is only day 2!

JustLisa
02-10-2004, 11:23 AM
Yes.. I know.. no more slips.. thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow!! So far today, so good..... :)

SamsWife
02-10-2004, 11:58 AM
yeah, but according to the carb-addict's diet, it's ok for me to have a donut with dinner as long as I have meat and veggies with it in the same proportions (not like a dozen donuts, one green bean and one bite of steak! ;)) But actually, the carbs I'm craving most right now is just bread! :)

ToughTimes
02-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Keisha,

I really only have oatmeal, breakfast bars, canned veggies, and bread now.... that's it. :(

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 01:11 PM
Just checking in with everyone. It is 2:00 here and I am still rockin' and rollin'. Walked to my meeting this morning instead of driving, despite the drizzle outside. Yeah, me!!!!

I am glad everyone is still feeling so motivated. I know I am! I wanted to weigh on the issue of drinking too much water. While it is true that that can happen, this is generally only a problem for endurance athletes. As you sweat, you lose important things that your body needs--like potassium and sodium. If you drink too much water while you are sweating and losing all of those electrolytes, your body can actually get "waterlogged". This problem can be solved by drinking electrolyte replacement drinks--likes Powerade or Gatorade. However, this really happens only to marathon runners and other people that are exercising in the heat for several hours at a time. It would be next to impossible for any of us to be exercising for an hour or two a day and suffer this. SO-- although it is something to be aware of if your are training for a long event, everyone should safely drink at least 64 oz of water a day.

I am feeling skinnier already. I'll check back in with everyone tonight! Have a great rest of the day! Andi

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Toughttimes:

I am sorry about the food situation. Would it help if I sent you $100 to buy groceries? I am really blessed right now and have plenty of money to pay my bills. With $100, you could get lots of rice, pasta, bread, fruit and other healthy foods. It would make me feel good if you would take me up on this offer. If so, just send me your address and I can drop a money order in the mail to you today. You can pay me back whenever you get the money--in a month or a year or never--this is what support is all about. Please let me know.

Andi

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 01:14 PM

MizzCandy
02-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Okay just wanted to check in and say I am doing good! for dinner yesterdsy I had a chicken hotdog, and sum rice, with a red bull! I was at work!

Today I havent eatin because food around here is just to darn expensive!

I am going to get a yummy sandwhich later!

Ta ta for now ladies!

Willsgirl
02-10-2004, 01:46 PM
NO fast food today :) only one soda!!!!!!!!!!!!

JustLisa
02-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Wow.. Andi.. that is really a nice offer to toughtimes.. You have a huge heart!!!!!

SamsWife
02-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Ok... dinner was good and yummy... felt satisfied afterward... not hungry at all! :) I walked today instead of elevators at work and parked way far from the building at work instead of parking right up front like usual... I had to unload a truckful of stuff for my storage bin... that had me huffin' and puffin'! :) Yeah for day 2!!!!!!!!!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Yes she is amazing!

How is DAY TWO everyone? Splendid I hope! I hope that you all are posting b/c when I go through my lists and I see that people aren't posting I am going to wonder if they are actually going through with it and start pm'ing people.

Anyways everyone is going to be paired up with a buddy who you are RESPONSIBLE for keeping tabs on. WE are ALL keeping tabs on each other, and ALL supporting each other, but this way EVERYONE is accounted for and getting personal attention! So check for a pm shortly!

SFC
02-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Andi that's nice of you.

I just wanted to share that today I visited my Endochronologist (thyroid Dr.) and I have lost 4pounds since my last visit. I know it's not much but being that I have no thyroid (due to operation) it's very hard for me to lose weight and have all the energy I use to have. So for me it's an accomplishment bigger than you could imagine. By the way since I know I have to report what I have eaten I am making more consciense decisions. Let's keep up the good work!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 04:24 PM
Carmen!! Hoooooooray!!

Great Job Girl! See you are doing it up? Trying to show me out? LOL.

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 04:25 PM
SFC!!!!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!

everytime i post i see a new post lol

That is great! FOUR pounds is good. Shoot I'll take losing ONE :D

Keep it up girl, I know it feels good! And you know you have us here behind you!

CHOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

SamsWife
02-10-2004, 04:26 PM
U R Crazy, girl.... I can't wait to feel some looseness in my clothes... my baby's sentencing is Thursday and I'm so nervous... I'm really going to be stressed and will need the willpower! :(

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
And if you slip off of your program then you will be stressed and need some willpower after you get hammered by all the women who are in the program!!!

LOL..

Good luck on his sentencing and be sure to keep us posted with that. You can do it, I'll make sure I stay on top of you!!

SFC
02-10-2004, 04:30 PM
Thanks Keisha, soon you'll be posting all those pounds melting off of your body too. :fb:

Willsgirl
02-10-2004, 04:50 PM
Day one for me, Its going good havent had fast food or any chocolate, thats good for me cause be now I would have went through at least 2 candy bars if not more, only had chicken and pototoes and water for lunch so I am doing good so far.

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Good job Willsgirl... keep it up! That is a great start!!!!

you go girl!!

Willsgirl
02-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Thank you

babieboo
02-10-2004, 06:03 PM
I ate an apple which I really needed cuz I have been slacking on my fruit in take. i am going to do some pushups tonight too! gotta keep it tight looking.

Willsgirl
02-10-2004, 06:07 PM
keep up the good work everyone

JustLisa
02-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Wow.. this thread is getting long.. lol.. cool to see everyone so involved.. After my mishap with the donut last night I am back on track today - so far so good.. I have already drank alot of water, have eaten eggs with cheese, tuna and more cheese.. tonight for dinner I am fixing myself a steak - luckily i LOVE meat so as long as I have the food in the house I can do it.

As for exercising haven't done it yet BUT am going to do my exercise machine (it is called a cyclone - it is an elliptical machine) not sure exactly how to describe it.. anyways.. it is a cardio workout machine.. Then going to set a goal of doing 50 situps/crunches - will do more if I can but 50 minimum..

I'll check in later this evening.. :)

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 08:39 PM
Imissrondale...

why did you skip breakfast and lunch. Is that a part of your typical routine or were you just soo busy today.

I would encourage you to eat SOMETHING for all meals. I know that I have a problem eating breakfast, but now I will eat a piece of fruit or something which usually leads to more.
You need that energy to get you going for your day!!
I hope that you have a better day tomorrow!! We are behind you still!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 08:40 PM
lisaandmichael:

kudos to you girl for getting back on track today! You handled it very well. Keep it up!

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 09:24 PM
SFC--congrats to you! You are our current BIG LOSER!!! :ha: :ha: 4 pounds is great--especially given your thyroid issues. You are a motivation to us all. Let's take the challenge and see who can keep up with SFC!!!

SamsWife--I sure will be thinking about you between now and Thursday and trying to send some good karma your way. In the meantime, maybe you should put some gum or sugar free mints in your purse in case you are feeling stressed and need to occupy yourself. I know I head for the food when I am stressin'. Please let us know how it goes as soon as you know.

Willsgirl: I am extra proud of you. I know you were worrying about the fast food thing and what you were supposed to be eating--but you got it handled. I read somewhere that it only takes 10 days to make something a habit--you are 1/10 of the way there on the fast food. That stuff will kill you!!!

imissrondale: mrskendrick2you is usually much more severe than I am, but I was about to get on you for skipping meals. That is NEVER a good idea, on any program. I looked at what you ate on Monday, and you did GREAT. Try to do that again tomorrow, if you can. If you skip meals, you end up making up for those lost calories when you splurge because your body is telling you it hasn't been fed in so long. It might take a few days for a binge to come on, but it will come on. We all need to be eating at least 4 times a day-- little meals. 5 times is ideal. SO--please, please try to eat breakfast and lunch tomorrow.

Keisha--my buddy--you rock. We are going to have to make plans to meet up somewhere on the beach when all is said is and done--it will be a shame to waste these new bikini bodies on ourselves!!! I know you are on track because you pm'd me.

Question for everyone: does anyone have trouble with wanting to snack at night? My hard time is between 3:30 - 4:30 in the afternoon, but I have heard that some like to snack at night. I would welcome any suggestions on curbing the cravings--whenever they hit!!!!

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 09:32 PM
P.S. I just saw imissrondale's post about her great visit--that explains the meal-skipping. She was just living on love today--that's cool, next time it just needs to come with a side of baked chicken and some green beans!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Naturejunkee:

That was very nice of you to posts things about our participants. Way to go!

Ladies we are DA BOOOOOOOOOOOMB!!

Andi you gave some GREAT GREAT advice.
but from the title of your posts I thought you meant like LOSER! LOL.. I was like, "oh my goodness, no she didn't!"

CONGRATS to you too Andi!
We rock!!

MajicLady
02-10-2004, 09:35 PM
naturejunkee i have that problem and when that happens i make sure i have some yogurt or an apple, some cottage cheese with some type of fruit will do it for me. Usually about a 1/4 cup of cottage cheese w/ a small piece of fruit will make me feel like i've had a meal. the yogurt i buy is a sugar free yogurt because my daughter is a diabetic.

SFC
02-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Naturejunkee,

Thanks for the words of encouragement but I must admit when I first read it I thought OMG she's calling me a loser for cheating yesterday. Hee Hee Keep up the good work everyone.

NatureJunkee
02-10-2004, 09:45 PM
Majiclady--I am SO glad you brought up cottage cheese! I had forgotten that i used to buy those little cottage cheese and little yogurts and mix them together--sounds gross, tastes REALLY good. You low-carb people can't do that because there are too many carbs in yogurt--but I think that will be perfect for me. I will stop and get some tomorrow on the way to work. Thanks for that info, Majic. I know that will work.

Keisha--don't think I won't use the big L word in the bad way if we have any slacking going on after the newness of this wears off.

By the way, where is Witty? Everyone needs to rat out any buddy that they have not seen on the thread or heard from in awhile so that we can bring this to the group's attention for a little support.

MajicLady
02-10-2004, 10:07 PM
NatureJunkee--I know most yogurts have too many carbs, but i have found that the BlueBunny brand has a sugarfree and lowfat yogurt that i buy because my daughter is a diabetic and her dietician says it's okay. We have to watch her carb intake, I'm in TX so i'm not if anyone outside of the state would be able to get it. But now they are starting to put a lot of sugarfree items on the market. You just have to start really reading the labels when they start talking about fat free and low fat, because they've usually bumped up something else and it will still get you!

SFC
02-10-2004, 10:12 PM
I am from Florida and I think I've seen that brand of yogurt in Walmart. I am trying to cut back on carbs so maybe I'll try it.

joshsgirl
02-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Hey LADIES (insert shout out here!!)....
It's me Tammy... Just wanted to catch up with everyone... No Fast food and I walked 2 miles....(the walk to work and back).... of course if I had a car I probably wouldn't.... lmao ;)... anywho... I am not always on everyday... but I will try to get on ... and Austinsgirl... You PM me anytime... and I will give you my number and get Yours and I have FREE long distance...so we can talk anytime... just wanted you to know... I am here in Cali... Sactown... Where is everyone else from... and I have a Day I need to be in shape by...April 21 ... 10 weeks and a WAKE UP CALL!!!! My BABY will be home... WOOHOO!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-10-2004, 10:52 PM
AWW Congrats Tammy!! That is WONDERFUL!

So now we know to be EXTRA tough on you!! Your man is coming home, so you've got to work twice as hard!! :D

joshsgirl
02-10-2004, 11:10 PM
thanks... I need all the kicks I can get... *giggles* I want to thank everyone for their inspiration..... You all are a wonderful bunch of Ladies and I am so happy that I stubbled on this wonderful place I call HOME!! where my friends are there for me whether I am trying to shape up for my week off of work when my Joshie gets home or I am just having a bad day because they sent me home early from my visit..... THANKS LADIES!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 07:55 AM
GOOD MORNING Crew!!!

It is DAY THREE.. Rise and Shine :-)

If you haven't already, I want you to stop what you are doing right now and Stretch really really good. Your legs, your arms, back, etc...

go ahead... I'm waiting!

Get some blood circulating early this morning!
Ladies we are almost halfway through the 1st week.. Can you believe it, Almost.

I am sooo proud of everyone! Keep it up.
And Buddies make sure that your partner(s) are up on it!!

**No DONUTS**
**Stay Away from the Chocolates**

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Good morning, Mrs. K!!! I had a great night's sleep last night and l have lost 1.5 pounds so far!!! I am feeling GOOD. Today I am going to concentrate on moving more and drinking more water.

I have a questions for Carmen: can you tell me more about the diet that you are doing? It sounds like something that I might like.

Everyone else: as Keisha said, after today, we are on the downhill side of the week. This weekend we all ought to be able to get outside and move somewhere--at least those of us that live somewhere where it is going to be pretty warm outside.

More tonight!! Everyone think positive "no cheating" thoughts at me around 3:30 this afternoon.

Andi

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:01 AM
I searched really hard to find a good message for today because I know that this is really hard for some people to keep up with exercising and eating right.

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Remember, you are doing this for yourself. No one else can take care of you in this way. Life is a gift to you, so never take it for granted. Take care of your body.

Overcoming Some Common Exercise Excuses

Excuse #1
I don't feel like working out today.
When you feel the temptations to skip your workouts or hear that little voice saying "I can start again next moth", remind yourself of the reasons that you want to exercise. Write down on an index card the main reasons why you should exercise. Keep this in a prominent place… maybe in your office or wherever you spend a great deal of time.

Excuse #2
I was sick and haven't exercised in weeks, so what's the use?
Set backs will happen… so just accept it. We all have set backs but ladies who are successful at their fitness program jump right back on the wagon as soon as they can. Don't let set backs get you down. Be determined and get right back to your routine.

Excuse #3
I'm not really a fitness buff.
Develop the mindset that you are a fitness buff. See yourself as one… and you can become one. Of course it takes action too. Keep a regular exercise schedule and make fitness and healthy eating a priority in your life.

**ok, so WHY should your list have NO exercise again?**

oh ok, you don't know? well neither do I, so lets fix it!

LonelyOne
02-11-2004, 08:01 AM
Good morning everyone! Just wanted to check in real quick. I'll post my Tuesday entry later today. SFC...I'll send you a PM too partner :)! Right now I need to take a nap, it was a very long day yesterday. Overall, I had a good day, pretty much stuck to my plan except I had a few drinks at work.

I'm going to fess up now for today I probably will not exercise at all. I think I overdid it just a little yesterday and am very sore. I'll do some stretching later.

Just had an idea....would anyone be interested in setting up a chat schedule? We could take a poll and see when the best time for everyone would be.

Ok, time for that nap. Have a wonderful day everyone and keep up the great work!!!

Dee

LonelyOne
02-11-2004, 08:05 AM
LOL Keisha, we posted at the same time and I just read your message about exercise. Is being sore from head to toe good enough to just do stretching today? :)

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:12 AM
LONELYONE lol....

see, I KNEW it was coming!! I just KNEW IT! I know you ladies TOO well!!

My legs are very sore. Make sure when you exercise that you don't OVERDO it.
But sorry miss lady that is NO excuse, because what better way to relieve aching muscles then going for even a mini stroll. Walking relaxes your leg muscles, believe it or not. And it gives you some time to think.
So I WILL accept walking as an exercise...
any more questions? :)

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:15 AM
EVERYONE:

Remember that you DON'T have to do "hardcore" exercises EVERYDAY. But WALKING

is ALWAYS good! So just use your best judgment! And remember like the inspiration

says above: Remember, YOU are doing this for Yourself. No one else can take care of

YOU in this way. Life is a gift to YOU, so never take it for granted. Take care of Your

body.

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 08:23 AM
Lonelyone: GOOD FOR YOU FOR BEING SORE!!! That's awesome! You will feel much better if you stretch this morning and if you will just go out and walk around the block. You get sore when lactic acid builds up in your muscles after a hard workout. In order to build muscle, you have to break it down. When you exercise, you create tiny tears in your muscle fibers. When those tears naturally replace themselves, more muscle fiber is created than was originally there. That is how your muscles grow and you get stronger--through this process of breaking them down (most effectively through weight training) and then letting them recover and get bigger. Also, in order to repair after a workout, muscles need protein. Protein is the building block of muscle (which makes sense, since animal protein is muscle). You also need carbs--carbs are the energy source that fuels your muscle. SO--carbs give you energy and protein build muscles. Because your body needs both of these things to be healthy, it is NOT a good idea to skip meals. It prevents your body from having what it needs to do it's job. Instead of working out hard today, you should just stretch and walk. Getting blood flowing your muscles speeds the recovery process and will take away the soreness.

Sorry to be on my soapbox--my father does this for a living so I have very strong opinions about this and want everyone to be HEALTHY while we are getting svelte. My challenge to myself today is to get more protein.

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info NatureJunkee... I think I am going out to the store in a few to buy a REALLY REALLY LONG WAND (so that it can reach everyone)... so that any time any ONE OF OUR LADIES come with a million and one excuses... I can just bop them on the head, and then pass the wand to the next member, and let them bop.. and so forth and so on.

Hmm, I bet our excuses would minimize tremendously then.. What do you think?

HAHAHA!!
Love you all ladies,
have a great day today!

LonelyOne
02-11-2004, 08:39 AM
NatureJunkee, you are not on a soapbox at all! I really appreciate the advice. I will make sure to eat extra protein today (hmmm, an extra egg sounds good :)). And don't worry about me skipping meals, I love to eat waaaay to much for that!

Keisha, I need one more bop (or two!) on the head with that wand of yours. It's toooo cold to go out and walk. I'll make a deal: I will get on my skier and give it at least a few minute try, even if I have to go real slow and not use my arms. How about up and down my stairs a few times?? I'm sorry, I sound very whiny this morning. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I WILL get over it! I promise! :) Ok, I'm going to go stretch for at least 10 minutes, eat breakfast, and have a nice little nap.

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Well Dee, I am glad that YOU answered YOUR question for ME!
LOL...

Of course you're tired. Of course you're sore!! Whoever said getting in shape was going to leave you full of energy and in no pain!

LOL.. i'm just kidding girl. as long as you stretch, and yes the stairs will work or even later on tonight after you get some rest maybe try the skier.

But I can tell that you are tired, so go on and get some rest miss thang!!

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 09:14 AM
LOL MrsK! I love the idea of the wand. For those of us (like me) who need a little stronger encouragement, I can probably get a cattle prod--I am in Texas, you know. I confess to taking the elevator this morning, which was against my promise to myself to take the stairs. SO--I will be better this afternoon, I promise.

Also, Keisha, thank you for posting the exercise tips. I love the one about convincing yourself that you are an athlete--we can all be whatever we want to be. Did anyone see the People article from last month about the miraculous stories of people who lost 100+ pounds just by eating better and starting to move? It was really inspiring to me. We can do this.

I also want to check in on Jeffgirl. How's it going with the fast food today? Are you also the one who likes to drink the Mountain Dew? If so, are you staying away from that?

LonelyOne
02-11-2004, 12:47 PM
I just had to say a big THANK YOU to Keisha for getting on my tail this morning!! I just got off my skier :)! I had to lower the tension for the leg part, but I was able to do 10 minutes. I never would have even tried it without your encouragement. I never did take that nap, but I feel great right now!

Dee

SamsWife
02-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Day is ROCKIN' for me!!!

NatureJunkee -- my diet is the Carb Addict's diet... I like the idea of low carbs, however, Atkins is toooooo stringent... There's a lot of info about it on the web... I give you the sites in a minute...

You eat breakfast and lunch as low-carb/no carb.
You eat your dinner (or other meal if you want to switch it up) as your "reward meal" every day.
Your reward meal can be whatever you want as long as it is proportioned, 1/3 carbs, 1/3 meats (proteins) and 1/3 veggies (not fruits - they can count as carbs).
You have to eat your "reward meal" in under an hour from start to finish... (uhhh not a problem for me! :))
You can go back for 2nds or 3rds as long as you go back for each of the 3 groups, for example, you can go back for carbs but you must have just as much veggies and meats too.
Here's a sample "reward meal":

pork chops
greens
mashed potatoes
Then seconds of:

pork chops
greens
cake!!!!! (any kind)
You can eat whatever kind of carbs you want... just keep it proportioned right.

Here's the book about it:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...=books&n=507846 (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0451173392/qid=1076343136//ref=pd_ka_1/002-6985686-6547231?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Here are some site's about it:

http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/
http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-a...te-addicts.html (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/cabohydrate-addicts.html)
http://www.ivillage.com/topics/fitn...,165517,00.html (http://www.ivillage.com/topics/fitness/0,,165517,00.html)
http://weight-loss.featherish.com/c...dicts-diet.html
I know that this is really a good diet for me... I'm on the go at work and would be tempted to cheat if I didn't have a strict plan... but then at home... I'm only busy with the boys but have LOTS of food at my disposal!! So the reward meal works for me cuz I can just save my cravings each day and eat them in proportion with the veggies/meats!

SamsWife
02-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I meant to say, "Day 3 is ROCKIN' for me!!" When's the edit post functionality coming back?????????

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Dee:

Girlfriend I am sooooooooo proud of you!!! You ROCK!!

GO Dee, Go Dee, Go Dee, Go Dee!!

woooooooo hoooooooo!!!!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 01:06 PM
CARMEN my dear!!

KEEP up the EXCELLENT work girl!! You are doing really good on your diet thing!

You found the perfect one!

CONGRATULATIONS, see you are doing much much better than you ever ANTICIPATED :D

Ladies I am sooo darn proud!

JustLisa
02-11-2004, 01:10 PM
Ok.. so far so good today.. I will tell you that last night I was sooo tempted to eat some popcorn BUT having this group helped me out because for one I cannot lie so I knew that I would have to confess and hell.. If I ate a donut one day and popcorn the next I would definitely not be doing very well.. hehehe.. I am PMS'y right now and I totally have cravings during this week.. BUT I AM NOT GIVING IN!!! It is sunny here today so after I get off work adn pick my kids up we are all going for a walk. Gotta take advantage of the non-rainy days here in Washington.

My tummy is sore from doing situps.. very sore... BUt sore is good!

SFC
02-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Girl it's almost 3:30pm here in Fl. so I am sending you some "no cheating" thoughts your way.

Good luck

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 01:13 PM
more GOOD NEWS!!

Lisa, go ahead with your bad self girl!!!

See you avoided temptation.. I know it was hard to leave the popcorn alone.. but look, you survived without it LOL.. and thats less calories that you will have to burn!!!

OHH YEAAAH!!

Congrats on the situps girl!!
And you're right don't give in! It will be almost like a waste!!

I'm rooting for ya!! Keep up the good work!

ToughTimes
02-11-2004, 01:21 PM
Andi,

Aww, honey ... thank you SOOO much for the offer!! I got tears in my eyes when I read that, and your PM. I was going to PM you back, but I wanted everyone to know that I am not ignoring you, and that I am thanking you from the bottom of my heart for the offer. I actually talked to Trey last night about my money problem, and we wrote down all my bills and what I bring home monthly right now (just working PT and with unemployment) and I just don't make enough. BUT I manage to go see him and buy vending machine food up there and because I do that, I can't accept money from anyone. Thank you so much though! I will get through this monetary dry spell, but I need everyone's thoughts and prayers on me getting a job soon!! Deal?! :) Thanks again Andi, you are a sweetheart!! And such an inspiration and support to everyone on here!

imissrondale ... Guess that we are partners! Yippee!! :D I will PM you my email address, along with my yahoo, AOL, and MSN messenger screen names so we can talk online if you have the messengers. Anyone else that wants to talk online, just let me know, ok?

Otherwise I am doing pretty good. I went to lunch with my dad today as he was in town for work. I had a chicken wrap and a potato (and diet coke, and now I have to pee every 3 minutes!). I'm not going to even try to talk myself into doing Atkins because I like carbs way too much. As long as I eat healthier and exercise, I will do just fine! I had chicken & rice and an apple with water for supper last night, and I took a walk. Starting slow, but at least I am doing something. Oops ... I did have cheetos at the visit though. But it's ok, because I eat them in moderation and didn't have any candy or sandwhiches at the visit.

Great job to everyone else!! :) You are all doing excellent!!! WAY TO GO!

ToughTimes
02-11-2004, 01:23 PM
Oh, and I wish that spring would just get here already. It's hard to be motivated when it's snowy, dark, and dreary. I've never been known to stay inside when it's warm and sunny --- just waiting for that to happen again. Till that time comes, TaeBo cardio and short walks for me! :)

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Carmen: Thank you for sending me info. about your diet. That might work for me, too. I know I need to cut down on the carbs, but can't go all the way because that just will not work for me. I am going to look into that. Do you feel like you have enough energy on that and aren't getting hungry in between?

SFC: BLESS YOU!!! It is only 2:55 here --but I am going to return to your post in about an hour to remind myself to eat my grapefruit (just for you, Willsgirl, I know how much you LOVE grapefruit! :ha:)

Toughtimes: Thank you for the public thanks, but no thanks necessary. If I had a dime for everytime that someone did something like that for me, I would be a rich woman. Offer is freestanding if you ever want to take me up on it! Glad you are feeling motivated on the program. Are you sick of that oatmeal yet??? Back when I was really healthy and exercised more, I ate oatmeal EVERY morning for breakfast. In fact, I ate so much of it that I just can't do it anymore.

Now, here's the big question. Has anyone heard from Witty? She hasn't posted today and I haven't gotten a pm from her. Witty, where are you? We miss you--don't make Keisha bust out with her big wand now girl.

Hope everyone else has a great day. Back to work for me for awhile.

SamsWife
02-11-2004, 02:05 PM
NatureJunkee (and anyone else who's interested) -- yes, I feel very satisfied and never hungry until mealtime... there really aren't restrictions (obviously there are SOME limitations) on how much you eat at each meal, so I make it through to the next meal just fine. I have lots of energy too. Of course my boys don't allow it any other way!

a.lil.love
02-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Hi you guys. Don't ask how but somehow I missed this thread. Can I still join? Am I too late? Apparently everyone is here, even LISA came out of hiding for this.
So can I joinn? Can I post the journal entry 1 thing??? PLEASE>>>> I promise to behave!!!! :-)

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 03:11 PM
A.lil.love--it is NEVER too late to join. Welcome! We are having so much fun here--and so far we're all being really good because we are scared of mrskendrick2you, aka Keisha.

I am sure Keisha will get you a pm "buddy", but if she doesn't I will volunteer. Welcome! We are glad you are with us and I will look forward to reading your first journal entry.

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 03:24 PM
A.lil.love ... come on in girl!!!

You are more than welcome! But like I told EVERYONE ELSE (they know not that I was not joking) this is the REAL DEAL!!
So make sure that you are READY!

go ahead and get initiated (post Journal Entry 1 and Journal Entry 2) and make sure you sign up (if u haven't already in the sign-up thread)....

Welcome ABOARD!! Choooooooo Chooooooo!!

by the way.. we are really having a lot of fun!
oh and yes, Lisa is the mischievous one out of the group!! I have my eyes on her :D

Keisha

ToughTimes
02-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Keisha, are you talkin' about ME? :D Or the other Lisa (aka lisaandmichael).

Carissa -- hey hon! Glad that you are joining, too!! You have two buddies to help you along! you know my email address -- keep me motivated girl! If not for Trey, then for when I meet Jer! :)

I'm doing ok with the oatmeal .... I like the maple and brown sugar stuff. Not a bad thing, but I am going to get sick of it .... I just know it.

HI HO, HI HO -- it's off to work I go. Selling the panties and bras.... Woo-hoo!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 03:35 PM
hmm speaking of panties and bras.. i sure could use some new ones!! LOL..

which lisa am I referring to? UMM.. i plead the 5th on that one! :-)

Actually there are 3 lisa's.. toughtimes, lisaandmichael, freedsoul14

have fun at work!! you're doing good girl!

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 03:56 PM
I am definitely going to be all about sexy panties and bras in about 6 weeks here when I notice some serious PAY OFF from this a** busting. Woo-hoo!! Maybe toughtimes could get us a volume discount because I know we are all downsizing!!!

Question for you ladies: how many of you like to show it off in a thong?

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 04:01 PM
Andi: hun, I am working my a** off to get to that point. I mean I want it to be JUST RIGHT!! ohhh yeeeeeeeeeah!! I have about 5 months (hopefully) til my man is home.. I gotta get busy baby!!

And a discount would be super!!! I wanna be looking so darn good..... (i'll leave the rest to your imagination!!)

But we are getting there!! I am soooooo excited that all of you ladies joined me. I never imagined it would be this fun!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 04:29 PM
ok I just signed up for a Nutrition Consultation.. waiting for the dietician to call me back tomorrow and set up a time/date.

And also my school is great!! Here is a list of the "Aerobics" Classes that they offer:

Aerobic Class Descriptions

Step Aerobics
Step up and down for a great cardiovascular workout.

Ab Blast
Twenty minutes of intense ab workouts

Cardio Box
The Cardio Box class is an aerobic class with Kickboxing elements incorporated into the workout.

Kickbox
Kickboxing is a cardio-respiratory class that incorporates fighter skills and drills into a high intensity workout. It has a combination of boxing, kickboxing, footwork, bag work, stretching, and Chinese breathing exercises.

Spin
This class combines a foundation of basic cycling movements with coaching motivation. The intensity will vary as you simulate different cycling conditions. Everyone can adjust the difficulty of the ride as needed.

Strength and Tone
This class incorporates stretching along with activities that develop muscle strength. Dumbbells and Body Bars are used to assist with the workout. This is not a cardio-respiratory exercise class.

WEIGHT TRAINING CLASSES
Weight Training for Beginners
Review lifting techniques,workout etiquette, and program structure with an emphasis on using the selectorized machines, ex. Cybex.

WATER FITNESS CLASSES
Deep Water Fitness
High intensity, no impact water resistance training that improves muscle tone, aerobic capacity, flexibility strength and endurance with the use of resistance equipment; class will be held in deep water. Participants must be able to swim.

Shallow Water Fitness
High intensity, shallow water exercises using the water for resistance to increase cardiovascular endurance and muscle tone.

so which ones do you think I should challenge myself to? Especially being a beginner!

oh by the way they are all FREE (since I am a student)!!!!

babieboo
02-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Keisha!!! I want to go!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 04:37 PM
Well just let me know!!

It's always good to have company, especially somebody that you are close with :-)

Girl I am so proud of myself.. I am actually going through with my plans! Thanks for encouraging me to contact a dietician and get a nutrition consultation babieboo!

Thanks everybody for encouraging me too!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 05:04 PM
Here is a link for those who don't quite know how to stretch. They are pretty simple stretches though.

Make sure you ALWAYS stretch before you begin ANY exercise.. I don't want anyone to injure anything.. that kind of soreness isn't good!

Anyway I hope that someone finds this useful.

http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/Stretch.htm

Willsgirl
02-11-2004, 05:42 PM
Hey everyone just checking in, doing good so far, made it without candy or fast food agian today LOL I know I keep posting the whole fast food thing, but I eat fast food everyday at least once or twice a day, so for me this is really a big step. And I am a chocolate freak, so thats a big step also, So I am taking it one day at a time, will be glad when the summer commes so I can start back walking like I used to. As this rate Will wont know what hit him when he comes home LOL

Blessing

Proud of all the headway everyone else is making, Keep up the good work.

Willsgirl
02-11-2004, 05:43 PM
oh yea NJ I saw the grapefruit thing :yuck: LOL

a.lil.love
02-11-2004, 06:03 PM
oohhh yay I can join. So I am going to post my journal one and journal two right below this post!!! Thanks LISA (TT) I hope you will encourage me and I'll encourage you. And don't do it for Trey or Jeremy, do it for you. You are the only one worth all this work. okay I'll stop preachin now!!! Oh and Lisa, I love the MaltOMeal brand Big Bowl Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, I have that every single day for Breakfast... Anyways... here I go... below!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Good job Willsgirl!!

You and Me are the same.. I used to eat fast food EVERYDAY sometimes a couple times and i ate chocolate EVERYDAY!!

You are doing good girl. It is worth it too!!

Willsgirl
02-11-2004, 06:12 PM
Yea, when Will start fussing about me getting smaller I am going to point him in yall direction LOL

a.lil.love
02-11-2004, 06:12 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
---my feet
my breasts :-)
my angel kisses ;-)

---my abs
my waist
my ass

---clothes shopping (I won't by anything until I am back in a 6)
confidence
white pants and denim minis!!!

---get off the god forsaken computer and jog!
go to Curves
again.. turn off the computer!!!

Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Carissa
I am ready to get rockin...yesterday!!

So there it is, DO YOU ACCEPT ME OR AM I TOO FAR GONE???? just kiddinG!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 07:49 PM
Carissa... thanks for joining us!!!

I will pair you up with a buddy tomorrow. Good luck on your day one.. and be sure to document EVERYTHING that you eat, all exercises, etc...

Carmen... I just saw your OFFICIAL post and you did GREAT today!! Hooooooray!!! I'm very proud of you.!

SFC
02-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Carissa - Welcome, glad you joined us. As the others have expressed you better watch out for Mrs.K b/c she'll take out the whip if you cheat. Hey got to give it to her, she has us all walking a straight line.......dang I am afraid to cheat. Don't want to get a whooping.

Andi - I love Victoria Secrets thongs. I have a few of them.

Willsgirl - Keep up the good job staying away from those BAD fast food choices. I love chocolate also and I am having a hard time staying away. I heard the Atkins chocolate bars aren't bad.....got to try some of those and I'll let you know.

Mrs K - Thanks again for bringing us all together and keeping the motivation on high gear. Hey try all the different work outs and stick to the one you like best, heck they're free.

Dee - "My Buddy" you did so good by working out. Wanted to shout out how proud I am of you.

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:07 PM
SFC, thank you very much girl!

see you and Andi (Naturejunkee) are going to have all the newcomers afraid of me LOL...

you know i have to keep everyone on track, b/c if I do that, then y'all will keep me on track!!

I am proud of everyone though. It takes a lot to make such a tremendous commitment in one day and then follow through with the immediate week! That is great!!
Well I am going to bed early tonight (in a few) so I can get up early in the morning and go to the gym and workout before I go to class!!

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll actually go through with it in the morning LOL.

good night all!! CONGRATS on a great day 3!!

mrskendrick2you
02-11-2004, 08:08 PM
oh, and you are right.. that is a good idea about the aerobics classes...

like you said "heck, they're free"
LOL.. true true!!

SFC
02-11-2004, 08:16 PM
Get yourself some well deserve rest. Your body will soon know you mean business and get itself in gear. LOL Good luck in your morning workout, let us know how it went.

NatureJunkee
02-11-2004, 08:24 PM
I just want to tell everyone how proud I am of us today! For those of you that are avoiding the fast food, good job. I have actually read a book called "Fast Food Nation" that talks about how addictive the fat in fried fast foods is--literally addicting. SO--for those of you that are used to eating it every day that have resisted, you rock!

Mrs. K and all of those committed to exercise--add me to the list. Do you know that I belong to a gym across the street from my office building that I have been paying the gym fee on for SEVERAL months and I have not been in there for at least 3 months? Mrs. K has motivated me. I am going to post the class schedule that I plan to be taking tomorrow so that you guys can hold me accountable.

Carissa: So glad that you have joined us. Don't let me and SFC scarwe you about Mrs. K.--you know what they say about the bark being worse than the bite? Actually, I am not sure about that because we have all been being so good that we haven't ticked her off yet! :)

SamsWife: Special thoughts to you tonight as you prepare for tomorrow. Hugs and prayers in your direction for the next 24 hours.

Good night everyone! I am going to post my food, etc. and then off to bed. Talk to everyone tomorrow!

Willsgirl
02-11-2004, 08:26 PM
I have a membership that I have been paying for also with my job, I need to stop by there and see what time they open and what classes they have this month.

Its going to be hard to find time but I am going to try,

ToughTimes
02-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Andi, OMG "Fast Food Nation" .... that book. Read it everyone!! Because once you read it, you will wonder how you EVER ate that CRAP that they serve at Fast Food Restaurants. Culvers is ok (for those of you that have that in your area), but the rest are horrible, horrible, horrible. Just read it and you will know why.

I have just been posting on here - not the other thread. I find it hard to do both of them, while limiting my time on PTO -- but I will go over there and try to type some stuff in there. I am going to list my food in a journal that I have at home, but I am not sure if I will list it on there or not (if my buddy/buddies want to keep me in line, I can do a journal through outlook [my email])

Carissa, I know that I should do this for LISA and I will - I promise!! But it can't hurt to look good when they see me! :) You can lecture me anytime, too!! You're already my buddy! And you want to get back into a size 6?? What are you now? Man, I don't think that I was EVER a size 6! My goal is to be a 12/14 or somewhere near that. I am a big boned woman. I don't want to get too skinny either.

Off to the other thread.... :)

Oh, and I DO get an awesome discount where I work -- Lane Bryant. LB is a plus sized clothing store. The smallest size is 14, biggest is 28.... but they have several sizes of bras there, starting at 38C. I get 40% off everyday and 55% off once a month, plus we get free bra and panty sets when we get a new one in (to tell customers how we like them). The bad part is that I make only $7/hour. It's worth it for the discount though. Check out the website if you really are interested in getting bras (WITH the discount .. through me of course!)

KEEP DOING GOOD EVERYONE!!!! :D TaeBo for me tomorrow!!
Carissa and imissrondale .... email me to make sure that I get off my ass to do it tomorrow!

imissrondale
02-11-2004, 11:18 PM
wow andi that was such a nice gesture you have a huge heart your right that is what support is all about!

imissrondale
02-11-2004, 11:26 PM
well today i did pretty good i have had no junk food at all for 4 days i never thought i could do that i bought duet mt dew and i even bought 3 liters of bottled water:P it actuallt tastes good but still no exercise i have to get my butt up to exercise!!! and to everyone else it sounds like everyone is starting out great!!!!i would love to read that book i used to live on fast food and toughtimes i omed ya back and added ya to my messenger can't wait to talk with ya!!!! hey everyone good luck to keep goin on thursday!!!

JustLisa
02-11-2004, 11:57 PM
hey y'all.. another really good drink that I love when I just need some other flavor that water is crystal light.. I love grapefruit juice but can't drink all that sugar.. so I buy the grapefruit flavored crystal light and it is good..yes, it has the artifiical sweetener which isn't great for you but I have to have that grapefruit flavor every now adn then....

My kids and I went for a walk today after school... foodwise I did ok today.. I ate one of the subway wraps.. i really like the chicken one.

Lisa (one of three) lol

Sounds like everyone else is doing great too..

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 06:00 AM
Oh my gosh this is Thursday... Day 4, for the Monday beginners... Can you believe it?

Keep it up..
Good luck to those who are just starting. WE are rootin for ya as well.

Well I got up an hour early this morning :( so that I can get an hour and a half workout in at the gym.. lets see 30 minutes on the bike, 30 minutes on the treadmill, 15 on the skier, and hmm maybe 5 on the "mountain climber thing" and then 10 for my cool down I guess...

well something like that, we'll see... I am so proud of myself because the Devil tried to keep me in my bed this morning LOL...

Yaaaaaaaaaay Me! Oh, I just ate breakfast.. a sausage patty (no bread this time), a bottle of water, and an apple.

Well I need to go finish getting ready so I can jet in about 45 minutes.

ohh, i won't be online until this evening so everyone keep up the good work, and do the right thing!!

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 06:43 AM
ok, i'm heading out everyone! be good.

ohh, and I would like someone to post a Daily Inspirational thought for us. Thanks!!

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 06:49 AM
Might I just say that we are an AMAZING group of motivated women on here now!!!! I am so proud of everyone!

imissrondale: you are great! you must have been the one that I remembered likes the mountain dew! We have a guy in our office that drinks that EVERY morning instead of coffee. It always makes me smile, because until you I have never known anyone else that drinks that. :)

I agree that everyone who is battling with the fast food addiction should get Fast Food Nation and read it. It is frightening. You can get it used on Amazon.com and it is worth the price--at least to give yourself some more information.

Keisha is up making us all look bad this morning and going to the gym for 1.5 hours--hope you guys are doing the same. I am going to have to get my workout in after work today--but I will do it.

Everyone please be thinking of Sam'swife (carmen) today as they have Sam's big hearing at 1:30 est and I am sure they would appreciate our prayers around that time. Carmen--hang in there, honey. I am praying for you guys.

I have GOT to get some work done today, so probably won't be on until tonight. Everyone have a GREAT, fit, low-cal, low-carb, low-whatever-your-program is day!

ToughTimes
02-12-2004, 09:20 AM
I WILL DO TAEBO TODAY!!! :)

Carmen, good luck with everything at the hearing with Sam .. we are all thinking about you!

Keisha .. girl you ROCK!! Good job for working out so much. I bet you feel GREAT at work today!! That is such a good feeling to know that you did that much for yourself before even getting into work!

Melony .. my partner! :) I added you to yahoo as well, and we will have to talk soon! You are doing good with the not drinking the mountain dew and staying away from the sweets! Keep doing that!! You'd be amazed at how different you are going to feel; but I caution you to watch out for headaches. Because you are so used to caffine from the soda, you might experience headaches. DON'T start drinking soda again, cause you will get a bunch of rebound headaches then. Just do some exercise and hopefully that will help.

One thing that gets me is that they only have diet Pepsi in the visiting room and I don't like that; it gets flat right away. They have tons of regular soda. If only they would have diet Coke, I would love them all forever.

If people really can't stand the taste of water, take juice and mix it with water. Juice has sugar, but if you mix it half and half with water, the sugar won't be as much and the water will have a better taste. And yes, Crystal Lite is a good choice if water is not your favorite!!

I haven't eaten anything today ... and I WILL exercise a little bit later. Trey called today and woke me up earlier from the county jail. He has court tomorrow, just motions hearings, but it looks like he'll be back at the prison just in time for a Valentine's Day visit! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

Keep it up everyone!! We are going to look and feel SOOOOO good!!!

ToughTimes
02-12-2004, 09:25 AM
Inspriational Quote for today:

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

-Arnold H. Glasgow

Those of you who are really overweight or obese (I am) understand that we ARE carrying a lot of baggage around. People put on fat suits to see how we live in our world and they are amazed how hard it is to do things physically when we have extra weight on us. Everyday things become a struggle. It will feel so good to be able to walk up 10 flights of stairs and feel good, rather than walk up ONE flight only to hear your heart pounding loudly in your ears and breathing a little harder!!! :D

a.lil.love
02-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi you all. I haven't posted in the oher thread but I will.
As I mentioned before I want to get back to a size 6 well 8 will be good enough. I was a 5 until I got pregnant then it all went to hell and that was 7 years ago. 7 months ago when my man went to jail I was a size 12 then I gained weight to a 13/14 (YUK I KNOW) and now (I tried on jeans yesterday) I got a size 11 on. So I am still too fat. I guess a 6 is a long shot but I will be happy with an 8. I need to be an 8 by the time my man gets out, so I have 6 1/2 months. He is dieting and excersizing and he looks great as usual. LISTEN TO ME.... I told Lisa(TT) to do it for herself and here I am saying I need to do it bu the time he comes home!!!! But still I am dong it for myself but like TT said there's no harm in looking good when they see you!!!!!
BTW Lisa- I saw your pictures and I don't think you're obese, you aren't.
So I went to Curves today and instead of 3 times around I did 5 then I was exhausted and I skipped the sit ups I just used the excersize ball!!

RAM
02-12-2004, 01:12 PM
JOURNAL ENTRY # 1:
1. Three things I like most about myself

1) My smile (2) My dimple in my check (the 1 on my face)
3) My legs

2. Three things I dislike most about my body
1) My pinky toe (2) My Booty could be a little smaller
(3) Stretch marks on the side of my thighs (from my daughter)

3. Three things that I'm denying myself by not being fitter and having a body I can be happy in.
1) Enough sleep
2) Exercising regularly (not a week before its time 2 see my boo)
3) Eating better

4. Three things I can do right now that would make a difference today.

1) Water 64 oz. a day
2) Riding bikes w/ my daughter
3) Take the bus to work instead of driving

RAM
02-12-2004, 02:44 PM
Journal Entry # 2:

Commitment Contract

Signed
Raechelle
Ladies I'm ready to get ROCKIN
My goal is to lose 30-35 lbs this year

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Raechelle: Welcome! I am so glad you are joining us. I think you'll have fun--these girls are all crazy (in a good way).

a.lil.love--you go girl!!! Good job at Curves. I bet you will be sore tomorrow. That will feel awesome--you will know what you are doing is working.

I am writing because if is 3:50 and I am wanting to snack on something bad for me something WICKED. I told you all that--this is my danger zone. I am resisiting, though. I think I can, I think I can . . .

RAM
02-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Thanks Andi for the welcome,
You can resist that evil temptation, instead of saying I think I can try saying I know I can!

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 03:45 PM
trying say I BETTER BECAUSE IF I DON'T I'M GONNA HAVE TO ANSWER TO KEISHA!

Hi Raechelle, welcome to the Crew....
a.lil.love how is your day coming so far?

So far so good ladies.. I had a GREAT workout this morning!! I hope that you all are not cheating on us by being unfaithful to the program!!!

SFC
02-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Hi everyone,

Raechelle "WELCOME" good to have you here.

Andi - tell me you didn't get tempted.

Mrs K - you are the bomb. What workout did you finally do?

Willsgirl
02-12-2004, 03:57 PM
hey everyone just checking in. Still doing good on the fast food and chocolate thing. I did slip I had pancakes for breakfast(opps) Other then that I did good. Still havent been to the gym, but I do walk a ways to get to work so at least I do that :)

Glad to see everyone doing go also, keep up the good work all

Blessings

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 03:59 PM
SFC, hey there girlie hows it going today. I just used the machines today, treadmill, mountain climber, and skier.

I was going to do the Step class tomorrow morning but I have an appt and I think they are at the same time. So I may go on Saturday. I am actually going to try a couple different classes!! I have to find the times that match my schedule though. thanks for asking

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Willsgirl keep up the good work!!!

Fast food and chocolate are two things that are HARD to give up. You are doing Excellent!! Don't worry about the pancakes. You Rock!!

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
OKAY--I did not slip. Right after I typed that, my baby called. He never calls in the middle of the day, but he called to say he was just missing me so he was going to spoil me today. SO--I got so into my conversation with him that I forgot I was hungry and here it is 5:00. How's that???

KEISHA--I LOVE what you said about cheating on the group by cheating. That is an awesome way to look at it--and that really will keep me honest. I have had a great food day today. I ate Special K for breakfast and Wendy's salad for lunch and that is all I have had. I will be good at dinner, and this will have been a successful day.

I have a meeting tonight so I won't be on until later, but can't wait to check back in and see how everyone else's day went. I really want to hear about Keisha's class.

Willsgirl--good work on the fast food. Don't worry about the pancakes--just don't do that again this week. On almost every diet, you get at least one splurge a week. You've now had yours. And--keep up the walking. That's great.

More later . . . I feel skinnier!

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:07 PM
Good job Andi!!! See God is looking out for you.. your baby called RIGHT ON TIME!! Tell him Evil Kinevil (aka Keisha) said Thanks! LOL. :D

oh and about the Cheating thing... it's the truth. Because we all made a committment to each other! And I don't like to get cheated on..

oh so Andi you weren't going to be REALLY honest before I made that comment? LOL.

SFC
02-12-2004, 04:10 PM
Great, sounds like you had a good work out. Sing to those calories "BURN BABY BURN" LOL

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:13 PM
hahaha!! LOL..

and y'all have the NERVE to call me KRAZY!! :D

BUUUUUUUUUUURN BAAAAAAAAAABY BUUUUUUUUUUUURN!!!

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 04:17 PM
Keisha: I wasn't gonna lie, but if I did, I probably wasn't gonna feel as guilty as I will now that you put it that way. How's that for an HONEST answer??? I think you have us all beat into submission, though.

And--if anyone that is currently in this group wants a copy of Fast Food Nation, e-mail me your address and I'll send you a copy. They are cheap on Amazon and it is a great read.

SFC
02-12-2004, 04:19 PM
Andi I agree with Evil, God is looking after you. The way I look at is like this......you wanted something sweet, so he sent your sweetie to call you. So girl you had your splurge for this week. What better sweet is that LOL.

Willsgirl - good job on staying away from the chocolate, I am going through withdraws here

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:22 PM
SFC, that is a GREAAAAT way that you put it about the "Sweet" thing, and I agree 100%!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay us!!!!!

woooooooo hoooo!

chooooooooooooo choooooooooooo!!

oh Andi I would love to read Fast Food Nation. How much is it on Amazon I think I may order a copy. Because I know that up until this week I was the FAST FOOD QUEEN!!
:(

Willsgirl
02-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I know I have a big candy bar at home that is teasing me LOL I keep forget to take it to my mother-in-law

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 04:25 PM
SFC--that was so sweet. And, you're right--but I am still saving up my food cheat. :)

Has anyone heard from SamsWife yet about the hearing today? I am hoping it went well.

Keisha: Let me look on Amazon and see how many used ones they have how much they are. I'll get back with you guys on that.

SFC
02-12-2004, 04:25 PM
By the way I'll be seeing my baby this long weekend. So I guess by the end of the weekend I would have splurge for the next month or two.

NatureJunkee
02-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Woo-hoo SFC! Do you get to see him all three days?

SFC
02-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Yes I Do For 7 Hrs. Each Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM
SFC that is GREAT!! I'm so jealous!

Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy... and I'll be nice today (about your splurge) but know that Next week I'm going to be tough on you, so you can get rid of all of that splurging that you'll do this weekend... I can't wait!!!

LOL.. Enjoy your visit and tell him too that Evil Kinevil said Hey!!

Andi... thanks for checking for me hun!

SFC
02-12-2004, 04:32 PM
Oh by the way they are contact visits. Understand why I meant I'll have splurge for the next 2 months.

LonelyOne
02-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA today. Computer problems, major kid drama, cleaning house, and PMSing :argh !

Carmen, I hope eveything went well at Sam's hearing today. You both were in my thoughts.

SFC, I hope you have a wonderful visit this weekend, and if I don't talk to you tonight, we'll catch up when you get back. Don't forget to pack some nice low-carb, high protein snacks!

Everyone else, I'll be back later to catch up on the journal and check in with everyone. I have to do a school project with my daughter before bedtime.

Just so you know, I've done very good today! Not only did I get a lot of cleaning done, I managed to get a good workout in (still sore as hell though!) and it felt great! And I've eaten good and drank a at least 100 oz of water so far.

Dee

mrskendrick2you
02-12-2004, 04:50 PM
Dee, CONGRATS GIRL on your workout and getting your cleaning done!

Sorry that you are going through a rough day though.. when the day is done just take you a nice shower or a relaxin bath and just let your mind and spirit soar!!

It helps girl believe that! Or either take 30 minutes and read or do something you enjoy!

SamsWife
02-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Today was good... even though I had the stress of the pre-trial, it only cost me breakfast (too busy)... I need to plan better, but I didn't cheat and got LOTS of exercise running up and down the damn courthouse stairs (the elevators were sooooo slow and I didn't want to miss my baby coming in!) I also walked EVERYWHERE at work today delivering our "secret valentine's" for my boss!

joshsgirl
02-12-2004, 11:13 PM
Well hello my fellow inspirations.... Well lets see to catch up on everything,.... I have been doing my walk of course and also been eating rice and chicken... and subway tonite... so thats sounds pretty good... NO burgers, fries and all the greasy foods...lots of veggies on my wheat sub... lol... now I need to start exercising doing situps and crunches... my buddy is MIA.. what happened to Austinsgirl....???......I need a buddy.....HELP!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-13-2004, 06:38 AM
Carmen and joshsgirl... keep up the good work, despite the circumstances. Everyone here is verrrrrrrry proud of each other!!

joshsgirl.... austinsgirl hasn't been online lately or she hasn't even read the buddy list.... you can always have more than 1 partner, so just grab somebody and hang on tight LOL.