View Full Version : time to whip myself back into shape

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 12:09 PM
Ok, this week is the week!

Starting on tomorrow (Monday) I am going to get my act together. Since my man has been gone, I have gained so much weight and I am tired of it :( So it's time that I get my act together. Problem is... I dont know where to start.

I wanna try Atkins (i was looking online), but carbs are my biggest problem! I need someone who will stay on top of me to make sure I am doing what I need to be doing and to offer any advice.

Anybody wanna join me?

Welcoming all fitness and nutritional advice and suggestions. thanks!

by the way i've never been on any kind of diet or anything and my activity level is way low lol waaaaaaay low!

SFC
02-08-2004, 12:19 PM
Several people in my job are doing the South Beach diet. From what I hear is something like the Atkins but it has some carbs. The people that are doing it have lost on average of 8 to 10 pounds in a week. You first lose it around the belly area. I am thinking of getting the book, it's a best seller. I've cut back on some of the carbs, not all and I've lost a few pounds. Hey it's a start. Count on me for support, I know it's hard because like you I've never been on any diet. Good luck, I'll keep you posted on what I find about the S. Beach diet.

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 12:21 PM
LOL.. I am sitting here telling myself the same thing.. I have done the Atkins diet before and can really lose weight on it but right now the decision I am trying to make is do I go fix some scrambled eggs with cheese or do I eat a bowl of frosted flakes.. lol.. I keep saying I'll start tomorrow, I'll start tomorrow. But I have gained about 30 lbs. since this summer and NEED to start now.. so I off to fix my scrambled eggs.... Forget teh starting tomorrow - I am starting today..

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 12:29 PM
SFC, thanks a bunch. I will check out the website for the Southbeach diet. I have heard of it, but to be honest I don't even know what kind of "diet" is the best option. I am clueless in that area lol.. I just know that trying to "cut back" just aint working lol.

OK LISA... you are one of my "whip myself into shape partners". I've designated you so you have no choice LOL.

SFC.. I will definitely use you as support too.. you are another partner!

so ladies dont sell me out ok lol..

any more takers?!
we will have to have our "online" or over the phone meetings and check in.. but we will see how that will work.

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 12:30 PM
MrsKendrick2you: I am with you, sister! I have gained two sizes in the past 6 months. It is amazing how not gettin naked in front of somebody makes you feel less bad about those ready-to-bake chocolate chip cookies! Add to that that my baby is doin nothin but workin out and gettin some kind of fine and you see the problem! :) This is REALLY bizzare that you brought this up, though, because I was just telling myself this morning that this is it and starting tomorrow I am back on the right eating plan AND going to the gym. I will feel SO much better. How about this: why don't we pm each other every night and say what we ate and what we did for exercise and if we're losing anything. I would love it if you would promise to give me HELL if I screw up. I want to be H-O-T when my baby gets home, but that isn't gonna happen on its own. What do you think? I would love to have a buddy in this. Also, I can tell you what I am gonna eat--I have been on and off diets my whole life, but I do know what works if I will just do it.

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 12:35 PM
OK.. sounds good to me.. I know from experience that not eating carbs will help you lose.. Basically all I eat when I do that is: eggs, meat, tuna with mayo, cheese.. I cook hamburger patties and eat them without the bun.. etc.. I eat up to about 30 grams of carbs a day which consists either broccoli or cauliflower with cheese melted on it and a salad.. NOthing sweet at all, other than my diet coke with lemon in it..

We can do this!!! My guy is also looking better, working out and losing weight.. I have about 4 months before he gets out..

LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!! That reminds me of a tone loc song.. hehehehe

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 12:38 PM
I am getting psyched to do this now. I am a veggie so I can't do Atkins, but I can get the sweets out, which ought to solve about 90% of my problem!!! Will somebody promise to pm me tomorrow night and ask me if I was good???? I am ALL about the peer pressure/guilt thing!

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 12:41 PM
I am about the guilt thing too.. my biggest weakness if popcorn with real melted butter on it, it would be my every night snack.. so I decided that as long as I don't have butter in the house I won't make it.. lol

Yes, we should every night check in.. that is my biggest weakness time.. boredom sets in, i'm online or watching tv and I want to snack on some munchies..

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 12:45 PM
ok i am soooo excited!!

for once, I feel like I can actually go through with this.. I too, want HELL.. and I mean THE honest truth... if I don't work out, if I don't eat right, etc..

and we have to be completely honest with each other!

Lord, my fingers are crossed that I can last thist time! LOL.

yes my baby has been working out too.. ooooooooooh yeeeeeeeeeah!

LonelyOne
02-08-2004, 12:47 PM
I'm with you girls! I just started trying the low-carb thing, but I'm not going full force Adkins. I cannot live without any bread or pasta. But I am going to try to cut back dramaticlly. I'll have to check out the South Beach diet. Good luck everyone!!!!

Willsgirl
02-08-2004, 12:49 PM
Good luck yall, not joining just wanted to wish yall luck.

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 12:52 PM
LOL @willsgirl..

thanks hun!!

Lonelyone I am the same way. I'm not ready just yet to completely give up carbs because I will definitely be unsuccessful, but I will cut back tremendously on them. and Good luck to you as well!

And if anyone drops out... I'M gonna post it in the SHOUTBOX lol.. so make sure that you are for real :D

SFC
02-08-2004, 12:54 PM
Count me in ladies, we'll have a little support group here. Maybe we could make suggestions as to what to snack on and what to eat. For example the other day I tried the turkey bacon wrap from Subway and it wasn't bad. McDonalds chicken cesar isn't bad either. At work I snack on Pistachio nuts, cashews and almonds.

My baby will be here in 11 months and I need to look good.

ToughTimes
02-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey can I join too??! :D I was on the Atkins diet in 2003 (winter) and I lost 40 pounds, but I cheated ALL THE TIME. I just ate BETTER and worked out and the weight came off. Now I am going to do the TaeBo cardio tape that I got, and switch it with Yoga and Pilates every other day. I am going to try and eat better, also, but like the idea of getting support from people on here!! Yippee!!! Let's lose weight, girls!!!!

awill4phil
02-08-2004, 12:58 PM
I'm In ! I've Put On About 20lbs...finally Figured Out The Biggest Reason For The Gain And Why Its Not Coming Off....no Sex!!! It Use To Be My Biggest Workout! Let Me Know What Plan You're Going To Do. I Used To Work For A Weightloss Center And We Had A "prep" We Put Everyone On Prior To A Weightloss Program. For 3 Days You Can Eat All The Meat( Beef,chicken,or Fish) And Green Raw Veggies(no Peas)that You Want. You Are Allowed 2 Eggs A Day. Have 1/2 An Orange In The Am And 1/2 In The Pm. Also 1/4 Tsp Morton Lite Salt.(for Potassium) Don't Do The Program If You Have Any Medical Problems(gallbladder Problems, Steam Veggies) This Helps Stimulate The Metabolsim To Begin Weight Loss. You Should Loose Anywhere Between 3-10 Lbs. This Is Only A Prep, Not A Weightloss Program And Should Not Be Done For Anymore Than 3 Days. Hope This Is Helpful...good Luck To Us All!!!!

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 12:58 PM
of course you can join! this is what I will do..

this evening I will start a thread for the "whip myself into shape" participants and we will post in there DAILY.. because the pms can get kinda crazy. But for those who do want to be pm'd still like me... can get that chance. But we have to be completely honest and don't forget to check on EVERYDAY.. ok..

good luck all!

mrskendrick2you
02-08-2004, 01:03 PM
awill...

sorry I just now saw your posts!

thanks I will try that and see what happens..

and come on and join in!! the more people, the more pressure, the better results!!

:D

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 01:06 PM
Ok.. I am eating my scrambled eggs.. I am in for this I'm tellin ya.. I have to - I got FAT.. lol...

About two years ago I lost 75 lbs.. yep, 75, I had never lost my "having twins" weight and I did it.. the first 40 was through Weight Watchers then the rest was atkins... but have gained the30 back..so I know I can do it as long as I set my mind to it.. So, if I'm not posting about it that means i'm cheating.. lol.. shout at me...

Good luck everyone..

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I like the idea of the thread and will definitely get on here every night so we can check up on each other. We can do this girls. I don't know about you, but it is going to be some kind of fun walking in that visiting room getting smaller and smaller. If anyone wants extra encouragement, feel free to pm me. I am gonna pm my buddy every night and confess my sins (which I hope won't be many because I am getting serious here!). I think when MrsKendrick2you sets up the thread, we should all do an initial post of how much we want to lose and what we are planning on doing to get there.

P.S. It's a good thing that Willsgirl is so damn nice, but I usually don't like those skinny girls who don't need to diet! :) :)

Talk to you all tomorrow night! Andi

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Lisa: I'm gonna shout at you every night on pm, too--we can do this. I have had really good luck with weight watchers before, too, and I know it was because of having to weight every week and be accountable. Woo-hoo!!! I am going to go to the store and stock up on healthy stuff for the week. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Willsgirl
02-08-2004, 01:13 PM
LOL I am in no way one of them skinny girls, Just dont do diets, cause for some reason when I try to lose it I can't but when I dont thats when I lose it,

Will fusses everytime I lose some weight he says he likes that I am thick like frozen peanut butter(yea I know my baby aint go no sense) LOL

But I am losing it slowly.
But yall do what yall do I will be checking on yall
Blessings

awill4phil
02-08-2004, 01:24 PM
Is There Somewhere We Can Post Before And After Pics? Do We Want To?

ToughTimes
02-08-2004, 01:25 PM
I just had some oatmeal, which is good for me. Cause I know that I am going out tonight with a bunch of friends and will probably have a BIG dinner.

Do you think that we can have them set up an Fitness/Exercise forum for us??? It might be a lot easier than doing this ... ???

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 01:28 PM
I like the idea of a fitness/exercise forum. Who would we ask about that? That would maybe be easier than pulling up the same thread every time--but I bet it will work either way. I MIGHT be game to post before and after pictures--but no commitment on that yet!!! :ha:

Willsgirl
02-08-2004, 01:28 PM
that would be a good idea that way we can post easy to do exercises that we come across. you know stuff to do while you are sitting at your computer with chocolate on one side, soda in the middle and chips on the other.

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 01:30 PM
yes, PM away.... I need to start exercising too.. I have an exercise machine right here in my bedroom so maybe instead of it holding my clothes I should get on it, huh?? lol....

I am excited for this.. Having support always helps!

SFC
02-08-2004, 01:31 PM
ToughTimes,

Try to eat something else healthy along with the oatmeal. If you only have only that, what will happen is that later tonight you'll be hungrier and tend to over eat at dinner. Well atleast that's what happens to me.

SFC
02-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Lisaandmichael,

LOL, girl is that what thing is suppose to be for. I always thought it was an extra closet space to hang my clothes and collect dust. I guess I better get to it and unload all the clothes from it. HEE HEE

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 01:34 PM
and everyone remember to drink water.. That reminds me of being in basic training in Alabama and the drill sergeants would say Drink Water then we would all have to repeat Drink Water and then hold our canteens over our head afterwards to show that we drank it all.. lol.. So.. DRINK WATER!!

Willsgirl
02-08-2004, 01:36 PM
Drink Water ( holding cup over head) See I drank it all up LOL

NatureJunkee
02-08-2004, 01:40 PM
lol Willsgirl!!!! That is SO me. I am definitely going to have to throw the vending machine out the window at my office tomorrow! Anyone tried the Special K Diet? I don't think it's a good solution long term, but it says you can lose 6 pounds in 3 weeks--and it's really easy. You eat a bowl of cereal with fruit for two of your meals, and a sensible dinner. You drink lots of water and can eat fruit throughout the day, too. I like cereal, so I might try that one just for a couple of weeks.

JustLisa
02-08-2004, 01:40 PM
LOL.. (as I am sitting here drinking diet coke) gotta have my daily caffeine fix.. I will drink some water here in a bit..

Willsgirl
02-08-2004, 01:44 PM
The only problem is the only time I really drink water is at work and thats cause its free, but I do have to have at least one soda a night. I am tring to get better about the water through cause here in Texas the only thing to beat our hot summers is a big tall glass of cold water.

LBoogie0810
02-09-2004, 02:46 AM
Ok, this week is the week!

Starting on tomorrow (Monday) I am going to get my act together. Since my man has been gone, I have gained so much weight and I am tired of it :( So it's time that I get my act together. Problem is... I dont know where to start.

I wanna try Atkins (i was looking online), but carbs are my biggest problem! I need someone who will stay on top of me to make sure I am doing what I need to be doing and to offer any advice.

Anybody wanna join me?

Welcoming all fitness and nutritional advice and suggestions. thanks!

by the way i've never been on any kind of diet or anything and my activity level is way low lol waaaaaaay low!
count me in... I can always get into better habits. Seriously- I will support you. I just started running again Sat. moring... ughhh!!!

SamsWife
02-09-2004, 06:48 AM
MrsKendrick2You... I knew I loved you for a reason, girl.... ;) I am sooooo in! I'm going to sign up on the list today. I did Atkins back in 1999 when it first "re-emerged" and lost 17 pounds in 2 weeks (then went on vacation to Cancun and BLEW IT and just quit)... it was HARD cuz there wasn't any kind of low-carb stuff out like there is now. Subway wraps, low carb bread... there's all kinds of stuff now to make it easier... and I have *LOTS* of tips and meal ideas I used to eat... my favorite is taco salad (minus the chips, of course), but I would brown some ground beef, add Taco Bell taco seasonings (it has the least carbs of any brand), then mix that in a bowl with shredded cheddar, a little shredded lettuce and *sometimes* a little bit of sour cream (depending on how many carbs I had left for the day). Yummy...

AND OK... I'll be the first to post the BEFORE pictures of myself.... In the words of Bernie Mac... "I ain't scared of you mutha f*ckas!!!" :haha: The first one is just yesterday at my son's first birthday party and the other is from Halloween just 3 months ago!! Ok -- IT'S ON!!!

babieboo
02-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Keisha,
I work out a lot. I do martial arts..and I love it. You can check out my school at www.eagleclawatl.com and see if you are interested. I use to be kinda thick back in the day and never really watched my diet. I have been a vegetarian since 2001 and I feel so much better. I have lost a lot of weight, look and feel very healthy. True its not for everyone but I really feel great. Maybe you can visit a nutritionist to see what a well balanced meal should be like. Oh, my sister in California joined "curves" and she loves it..they have one here in Atlanta.

mrskendrick2you
02-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Princess!!

Thanks so much for that Darling! I think that's really what I need to do is visit a nutritionist because I don't eat much, but what I do eat... is the wrong things!

So thanks. and yea I am going to start back working out at school since we have a gym and its free. LOL.

Again thanks! Martial arts seems pretty cool. Maybe after I build my energy back up, I might look into it. That would be cool!

speed_addiction
02-10-2004, 10:34 PM
It happens to me every winter. My abs go from showing all of the time to showing only when I flew them. I'm in. Come on, Spring! I need to start running again.

speed_addiction
02-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Only when I FLEX them, sorry.