View Full Version : Sentences for drug trafficking...

seahorsing
01-04-2010, 09:45 PM
i know every case and what not is different, ETC.

anyone that reads this that knows someone (or has an idea or read elsewhere) that got convicted of drug trafficking, what was there sentence?

KCampbell
01-17-2010, 09:29 PM
I know people who have walked, kingpins that have gotten life and everything in between. The type of drug matters, the amount, and how it was kept - lots of little bags, or one big one - and the worst is how many people are involved - more than 3 can be conspiracy or organized crime both of which can be worse than the drug charge when it comes to parole.

FastFifty
03-02-2011, 02:10 PM
My boyfriend (who is curently in Wilkie on unrelated charges), did 12 months concurently on 3 separate PPT charges. I am up on one myself, and go to court tomorrow. Although it won't be for sentencing, I'll keep you posted on how I do. Also I don't know if this will have any bearing on the outcome of my case, but I was just released from prision on Feb 4th, and I'm currently serving an 18 month conditional sentence. :S Wish me luck!

Matt222
04-28-2011, 12:57 AM
If its marijuana you can really intimidate the crown. They'd rather make a deal then set precedent for low sentencing. Send me a PM on that.. They asked for 5 years on me (the max for trafficking under 3kg), then 2 years, then 6 months, now 90 days intermittent which I may settle for (considering asking for 90 days straight so that I can do 2/3rds instead). They dropped a 5(2) in excess of 3kg to avoid a jury trial and are now only charging me with 5(1) trafficking under.

If its a harder drug they'll probably get some jail time. Push for a longer conditional sentence including a large number of community service hours in place of the jail time and they may well do it if it was a small amount of drugs and first offense.