View Full Version : Banned Magazines and Books

His_BossLady
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Im looking for a site where i can see the list of magazines and books that are banned from Illinois prisons. Can some one help me out plz. Pm me if anybody knows. Thanx in advance

Miss_A
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
Hmmmm, didn't know there was a list. I'm wondering if anyone will come along and help.

drea24
01-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Im looking for a site where i can see the list of magazines and books that are banned from Illinois prisons. Can some one help me out plz. Pm me if anybody knows. Thanx in advance

hey i dont know of a website but i do know that ROBERT GREENE books are NOT allowed..im a nerd and i read a lot and i always send my books to my man and i was told no books from him are allowed..i also read somewhere that magazines with weapons and or intercourse are not allowed playboy is allowed but nothing with penatration..i dunno if this helps but i hope it does a lil?

rayswifey
01-06-2010, 12:01 AM
I know for sure that down at lawrence they do have that and any xxl mags are banned. I know that vibe is allowed but any mags where there is gang paraphernalia like gang signs and colors and stuff are not allowed. I'm not sure about playboy. They would give the xxl mag to my ex and then turn around and say that it is contraband which i never got that. Also they inform them of what mags are allowed so the only way of knowing that is calling the facility or having your loved one tell you.

His_BossLady
01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanx ladies.
I did send him 2 magazines but he only got one the other one was taken away. He doesnt know himself and he driving me nuts with that list that i dont where to find.

Miss_A
01-07-2010, 12:32 AM
I'm glad you posted this question, bosslady. 'Cause I know that my man would have wanted an XXL subscription. And I cannot stand Robert Greene. My Hadi has one of his books...48 Laws of Power, and I'm happy to know that he won't be able to have it.

Jillian
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't believe that there is an actual list but you can always call the unit and verify what they are allowing as some units may allow certain magazines or books and others don't.

Do not send any XXX magazines that show penetration of any kind...human or otherwise, i.e. toys, etc. XXX mags are allowed but they must have these types of photos removed first.

Do not send books about crimes committed by anyone who is in custody of the IDOC. If they've already died, as John Wayne Gacy, etc that's acceptable. All books and magazines are subject to review by the prison's book reviewer and anything subversive is usually rejected, i.e. negative books about the government, aryan power
You may send paperback and most hard-covered books. Some facilities do not allow hard-covered books. Check first.

You may order newspaper or magazine subscriptions from the publishers and have them mailed direct to your inmate.

You may send catalogs to the inmate.

Bootcamp no books, magazines, or calendars

I believe at taylorville you can't send hard back books as well as catalogs.

the best thing is to call your loved ones location and ask them if they have anything in particular that is not allowed . As things do change.

JaiDan
01-07-2010, 08:57 AM
I mailed an Urban Ink magazine over a month ago and my guy got it (Lawrence CC) but when I went to visit him to bring another a coupole weeks ago and turned it in during visit, he got a note about it stating "Urban Ink Black Man" magazine was being reviewed or something like that. So he may not get it. I don't understand why? It's not any different and it's only "Urban Ink" so not sure what what race has to do with it, if anything. How come XXL are not allowed?

rayswifey
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I mailed an Urban Ink magazine over a month ago and my guy got it (Lawrence CC) but when I went to visit him to bring another a coupole weeks ago and turned it in during visit, he got a note about it stating "Urban Ink Black Man" magazine was being reviewed or something like that. So he may not get it. I don't understand why? It's not any different and it's only "Urban Ink" so not sure what what race has to do with it, if anything. How come XXL are not allowed?

I got my ex a subscrition of xxl while he was there at lawrence and i had to call the mag company change the subscription to my house because they said it has gang paraphernalia. He'd tak them into giving it to him but then he'd get in trouble later on because for having it because they consider it contraband so to avoid that i changed the address.

His_BossLady
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Thank you ladies for all the comments. Well i did call and got transfered toa counsler that was a straight ass. He didnt tell me nothing at all. I did send my hubby couple of xxx rated magazinez but he only got one. I know there wasnt shit in it but whatever. But still he wants me to send him more but the answer i got today didnt help at all.

hesmycorazon
01-09-2010, 10:59 AM

I sent my guy a urban ink too. It took them awhile to get it to him but he evntually got it. So I don't know why they are acting like that.

JaiDan
01-19-2010, 02:50 PM
He finally got it. :) I dropped him off some more Saturday when I went to see him. Hey, you know what kinda books some of them like? Urban Fiction (sexy, sexy girly books). My guy doesn't really dig em but I think his cellmate does. LOL. And I see a lotta girls bringing that type to visits to drop off to their guys.