View Full Version : What does "lockdown" mean in county jail?

J&DB
01-03-2010, 07:21 AM
so, what exactly does it mean to be on "lockdown" in a county jail ... i have no idea! please help!

Hisoneandonly
01-03-2010, 03:38 PM
It could mean different things. I know when my husband got put in lock down while he was still in the regional jail (county someplaces) since he was already in ad-seg that meant he couldn't get visits or calls for x amount of days.
For the prisoners that were in min,med, or max it meant they got moved to ad-seg and restriction where placed on other "privllages"

J&DB
01-03-2010, 05:11 PM
thank you! can an entire jail or prison be on lockdown?

kellya5107
01-03-2010, 05:34 PM
when my luv bug was in county their whole pod got locked down every nite and that meant all the doors were locked and they couldnt move around inside the jail. they were confined to their individual bunks. Hes been moved to prison now and where hes at the whole prison is on a 23 hr lockdown daily so yes a whole jail or prison can be locked down. they do it so the CO's will have less work keeping up with ppl during the day and nite where my luv bug is at plus its a max. security deal too. as for your situation im not sure but i hope this helps u out some what. gd luck :)

PTO-79211
01-04-2010, 11:39 AM
Usually when an incident happen in a building, dorm, unit...etc...they will put the guys on lockdown to investigate the situation, do interviews or just try and calm things down. So they have to stay on there bunk or in there cell for a specific amount of time.
Sometimes they still allow visits...sometimes they dont. It really depends on the jail your loved one is at. :thumbsup:

justanex09
01-07-2010, 09:06 PM
from my experience with "the system":
If an individual is in lockdown, i usually means "the Hole", all by himself, for something HE did.
If a prison is in lockdown, it's for something someone did and they are trying to investigate the situation and find the perp.
YES whole prisons can be in lockdown, and from my experience when this happens, visitation and phone privledges are usually revoked for a period of time till the prison "finds answers".

Honey Brat
01-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Last week the County Jail my fiance is in had the entire jail on lockdown and cancelled visitation for the day for all visitors because the sliding doors leading into the jail were malfunctioning. And today only my fiances dorm/cell whatever his room is called inside of the pod he's in was the only one on lock down because 1 of his bunkies got smart with the guards. Where he's at also locks down for headcount but during that time he can still get a visit. I actually prefer to visit during head count because it's so much quieter & the rest of the guys in the pod aren't walking around his video chat booth gualking at me then lol.