Fed-X:

What about home detention?

kali
04-01-2002, 09:43 AM
85% = 54 days off per year for "good time"
kali

kali
04-01-2002, 09:54 AM
Bman, do you know where your going and for how long?
kali

bman
04-01-2002, 10:10 AM
I am going to Safford FCI for 33 months.

kali
04-01-2002, 10:14 AM
that sucks, it all sucks.

kali
04-01-2002, 10:21 AM
is that close to home? There are no female facilities in Ohio so nothing close to home for me.

kali
04-01-2002, 10:23 AM
Actually, you don't have to be convicted of a drug crime to get the drug program benefit. Just say your a junkie at your PSI and you could qualify. It is for any federal charge.

David
04-01-2002, 01:46 PM
What Kali said is true! But remember.. You will be doing a LOT of drug aftercare once on probation.. Giving UA's right and left.. So.. You may want to think about that.. Also, if you screw up at all when you get out early due to the drug program.. They can send you back for the full term.. (You get that year off - they take it all back away) BUT.. It is worth getting out of a year in the joint..

David
04-01-2002, 01:51 PM
With the fed's home confinement is usually part of the 1/2 way house program. I just completed my home confinement. I did aprox. 3 months in a federal 1/2 way house and then 3 months at home. Upon completion I went to regular probation with the feds.
There are other circumstances where you may be elligable for home confinement directly. A lot has to do with your age and health. I have heard of releases directly to home confinement in leu of prison time or 1/2 way house. BUT I can't say for sure because it is definitely not the norm.
If you want to do some research you can find all of this information in the Federal Bureau of Prisons website.
www.bop.gov

Hope this helps,
David

bman
04-03-2002, 08:45 AM
My PSI is already done. My only hope is at the intake. I also read on the BOP site that in order to get the sentence reduction your crime has to be non-violent. Mine is considered a crime of voilence, so this may not work even if I get into the program.

kali
04-04-2002, 08:57 AM
If you can't get the credit then I don't thik I would do it, unles I had a real problem. Like Fed said, you don't want them up your tush when you get out. Just because they give you the program does not give you the time off.
kali

Goldy
05-07-2002, 06:42 PM
So does everyone automatically become eligible for the 6 months in a half-way house if they serve "good-time"?

kali
05-08-2002, 07:31 AM
I believe that everyone goes to a half way house prior to being "free" but Fed can probobly tell you more on that. I do know that if you are sentenced to less then 1 year the judge can have you serve your time in a 1/2 way house.
Kali

David
05-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Goldy: It's not set in stone but it's part of the exit plan the BOP uses. Even if you don't have all your good time, you will probably get 6 months 1/2 way house. Losing your good time will just extend your stay before you get to the 6 month point.
You will most likely do 1-3 months in the 1/2 way house, and then the final 3 months on home confinement.

People that are not elligable for 1/2 way house have to be deemed a threat to society, have HIV/AIDS, or a flight risk. (though I know a bunch of people I would have considered a flight risk that were given it - they took off right after they got there too.. )

David

sherri13
05-08-2002, 11:29 AM
WHAT ABOUT STATE TIME? IS EVERY STATE DIFFERENT ? FED AND STATE ARE TOTALLY SEPERATE RIGHT/ SO WHAT IS GOING ON IN FEDERAL PRISON HAS NO BEARING ON STATE FACILITIES AND PROCEDURES???

zodiac312
05-11-2002, 07:36 PM
David (or anyone with answers) -

A few questions. When does this PSI take place? The only person i have talked to about drug abuse / use was my pretrial services worker. i fibbed to him a bit about my past drug use (i was about to say anything to get out on an unsecured bond). i suppose i should probably come clean with him??? also, is there any criteria you are aware of that would keep me out of that drug treatment program? it was a nonviolent drug offense. meaning more like: is the one year reduction something that i can more or less count on if i have a history of substance abuse and complete the program? or are they pretty picky about who they take? i have a DUI and i was in a 90 day treatment program at one point, all of this is on my record, i would hope that would qualify me. thanks in advance.

kali
05-12-2002, 05:32 PM
Zodiac, I think you should tal with your attorney on the drug abuse thing...I can't remember if I had to sign somthing for pre-trial services but I think I did saying that what I said was true. I KNOW you have to be honest during the PSI because they give you a million forms to sign most of which say if you lie it is another crime. The PSI is done after you are found or plead guilty, about 30 days before you are sentenced. My attorney asked for a pre-plea PSI which was granted buy the judge and that was to see when the probation officer would reccomend my sentence.

I believe anyone can get the year off if the judge recommends the the program, the catch is that it has to be considered a "non-violent" crime and it is up to the prison to determine that, there have been a few appeal cases where a person toook the program and didn't get the time, but in the end perhaps it is worth it...I am really not sure. Like Fed said on a previous post, they really stay in your butt when you get home...
Kali