View Full Version : Has anyone actually visited DRDC?

libby_mcbride
12-29-2009, 02:01 PM
So, my honey is finally going to get his surgery! YAY!!! They transferred him to DRDC, and who knows how long he will be in there (there is a guy that has been waiting there for 45 days already for his surgery). Since he is so close, I can actually visit him without driving 8 hours with an infant. Does anyone actually know anything about visitation at DRDC? I tried calling them and they told me to call back another time. From what I can see, no one has been able to visit there as everyone moves out REALLY quick. If you have answers, I would be greatly appriciative.

Libby

seansbabyluv
12-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Yes normally you can visit people in there for medical issues. If you were approved to visit at his facility, then you should be approved to visit him at DRDC without applying unless it was a private facility. The visiting information is on DRDC's site. They go by alphabet (last name) and only certain times to visit. I'll send Kathie an email and ask her if there is some way for her to find out if you can visit him ok? She often picks people up there who have been released, so she knows most of the people there.

ladyflipp
01-01-2010, 05:55 PM
So, my honey is finally going to get his surgery! YAY!!! They transferred him to DRDC, and who knows how long he will be in there (there is a guy that has been waiting there for 45 days already for his surgery). Since he is so close, I can actually visit him without driving 8 hours with an infant. Does anyone actually know anything about visitation at DRDC? I tried calling them and they told me to call back another time. From what I can see, no one has been able to visit there as everyone moves out REALLY quick. If you have answers, I would be greatly appriciative.

Libby
I actually visited my husband there about 3 years ago. It was a Saturdayafternoon and we were the only ones in the visiting room. It was just like visiting any other facility more or less.