View Full Version : West Valley Detention Center Q&A

shesmypunk
11-17-2003, 07:08 AM
IM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU LADIES OR MAYBE THIS COULD APPLY TO YOU GUY IF YOU JUST GOT OUT, HAVE BEEN IN OR HAVE A MAN WHOSE IS AN INMATE WORKER IN WEST VALLEY DETENTION CENTER, RANCO CUCAMONGA CALIFORNIA. I THINK ITS UNIT 12????THANKS

giggles4ver
11-17-2003, 09:07 PM
My man has been in West Valley before. I don't know what unit, it was a couple of years ago.

dawgzalley
12-21-2003, 03:23 AM
i know some one in unit 6 and 2 guys in unit 8 can i help you

unhappygurl
08-13-2005, 10:54 PM
do you guys know the rate for collect calls in west valley detention center??

Msnikay
08-14-2005, 09:44 PM
it depends where you are located at. i'm in northridge and it was almost 6 dollar for a 15 minute call. They go through another system called global and you might have to do it through prepaid if your phone company dosen't accept them. I had to go through prepaid.

skinkamarink
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM
My friend is now in West Valley Detention Center awaiting a trial in early January. I have sat on hold trying to find out some of what we can send...I know we can send books through amazon or other booksellers. What magazines can we send him subscriptions to? Is there a limit to how many books AND magazines he can have, or is there only a limit to books?

Thank you so much, for anyone who has the answers to these questions. Oh, also, does Prison Calls Online set up phone calls for county jails as well as state/federal prisons?

4everjay
12-01-2006, 08:43 AM
My husband was at West Valley for just a brief second going to court. I over heard another woman saying that she sent him books just like you said... through Amazon, but I'm not sure at all about the limit. As far as the phone calls go, you have to do the pre-paid calls. I used to call 800-483-8314. The minutes are expensive and boy do they go fast!! hope that helps.

skinkamarink
12-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Thank you so much for your answer.

I sent the detention center an e-mail since I can't seem to get through on the phone to ask a human :(

I am using the pre-pay system. It sounds like I can switch to Prison Calls Online for $8.40/call approximately, vs. the $18.00 it's costing with the prepaid account with the company you mentioned.

I keep hearing that calling cards are going to be more affordable, but we won't know until the day for commissary comes, I guess.

MsVicki
02-05-2007, 04:44 AM
Is your friend still at West Valley Detention Center? My son was sent there in Jan. So I am now trying to learn a few things about it. I know visits are by appt only and made 24 hours in advance. I have visited once now. I am a state away so this is very hard. The folks that work there were nice enough. You can order goodie packages thru www.mycarepack.com (http://www.mycarepack.com) for them and it is delivered to them by the company. Please let me know if you have any more info.
Take care and God bless.

skinkamarink
02-16-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes, he is still there. He was just sentenced and will be transferred to state custody soon. We were able to visit (we're also a state away). It's hard to travel that far and only see them for 15 minutes! The carepack.com packages are great. He's been able to get books and magazines, and lots of mail. He's been in a few fights, even though he's supposedly in one of the "calmer" areas. He's calling on a regular basis. We have been spoiled to some extent...once he's in reception at state, there will be no more phone calls...

NOLANIE05
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
My Fiance Is In West Valley He Was At Soledad But He Had A Case Out Here So I Dont Know For How Long Hell Be Out Here I Go Visit Him For The First Time In 9months Im So Excited And Scared

NOLANIE05
03-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Does Anyone No The Rules For Visitong West Valley Detention Center In Rancho Cucamonga

JERRYSGIRL05
03-08-2007, 11:27 AM
from what i remember you call the visiting line the day before to schedule an appt. theyre behind glass and i dont think its more than an hour.

joseandmelany1
03-09-2007, 01:26 PM
My husband was there from feb 05 throught June 06! You call the visiting line the day before you want a visit, sometimes it takes forever to get through but keep trying. You have to arrive about 20 minutes before the visiting time. The visits are 15 minutes behind glass. Only one visit per day can be scheduled. Visits are on Wed through Sun, no visits on Mon or Tues. No tanks tops when I was visiting, no short shorts. PM me if you have more ???

iiLOVEJ0E1987
03-10-2007, 02:51 AM
do you guys know the rate for collect calls in west valley detention center??

ITS ABOUT $7.00 A CALL,
IF HE CALLS TO MUCH THEY WILL BLOCK IT, AND YOU
WILL HAVE TO PUT A PRE-PAID ACCOUNT
THAT HAPPEN TO ME

faerierose
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
My fiancee has been in West valley since Jan 07. He is being charged with three counts of felony threat to cause bodily harm. He suffers from alcholism and mental illness and two of the three people he is beign charged against have submitted witness statements on his behalf. He got drunk one time and threatened a male friend ofmine who got too close. He went into the kitchen, grabbed a knife and told himto leave but never came close to anyone. The other person there that night who has not submitted a witness statement on his behalf is an ex girlfriend of his who still has a grudge against him for breaking up with her 12 years ago! He had a breakdown in late feb/early march and the court deemed himincompetant to stand trial and that didn't happen until july 11, and they committed him to patton. he has since been in unit 15 in orange. he has since said they asked him if he was ready to go back to unit 13 but he said no because his commisary was stolen and he is more comfortable in the unit he is at. the court minutes state that he is in patton, but he's not, the public defender never returns my calls and i had to inform him that my fiancee was in fact in west valley, not patton. Can he be found competant on oct 20 when they are scheduled to read the progress report so he can come home?

Agz_friend
12-19-2008, 02:19 AM
Question on visiting...
What is visiting like? How long? Is there an easier/faster way to get through the visiting ph line to make an appt.? It has taken me anywhere from 20 - 45 minutes to get through and when I do 80% of the time..all time slots booked, uurrggghh!:(

Any info kindly appreciated...
AGz Lady!

Brent's Babe
12-19-2008, 02:38 AM
Visiting at WV is quick and easy. I've been in there visiting anywhere from 15-40 mins. It just depends how busy they are. Call the visiting line early in the morning I've never waited nore than a few minutes and evey time I've called I had choice of almost any time slot I wanted. I found the later in the day my appointment was the longer my visit.

Agz_friend
01-17-2009, 01:35 AM
Can anyone help me out... How often can an inmate get items from the canteen?

Thanks in advance,
AGz Lady!

California_Mom
01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Can anyone help me out... How often can an inmate get items from the canteen?

Thanks in advance,
AGz Lady!

When my son was there (until June '08) he got Canteen twice a month.

BigBurtChino
02-02-2009, 04:54 PM
You can also order on line for them, (every 7 days) and the package will be sent to their cell I believe every Monday.

Amicyguy
02-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes they can get canteen once a week. They usually order on Thursday get it on Monday. You can order supplies for they from www.mycarepack.com (http://www.mycarepack.com).

FREEMEMO<3
02-18-2009, 04:12 AM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THE BUS TO PICK GUYS UP FROM WEST VALLEY TO GO TO PRISON???:confused:

speedyforever
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR THE BUS TO PICK GUYS UP FROM WEST VALLEY TO GO TO PRISON???:confused:
that san bernardino right. it depends on what prison it could take up to 3 months

Larryslilsis
03-04-2009, 11:35 AM
Here I go again after two years out and doing great my bi polar brother bless his heart lost it and ended up at West Valley we will know by 5pm tonight if the DA is pressing Charges... can anyone here be kind enough to tell me if 8AS04 is the medical or mental health area? they of course will not tell us a thing but call back after 8 pm tonight.....
Thank you Larryslilsis

MattsmominNY
03-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Here I go again after two years out and doing great my bi polar brother bless his heart lost it and ended up at West Valley we will know by 5pm tonight if the DA is pressing Charges... can anyone here be kind enough to tell me if 8AS04 is the medical or mental health area? they of course will not tell us a thing but call back after 8 pm tonight.....
Thank you Larryslilsis

I have no idea of the charges or codes. There is some information on the San Bernardino County website if you are asking about West Valley Detention in San Bernardino County.

A step-by-step guide to help families cope with the criminal justice system in San Bernardino County when a family member who suffers from a brain disorder (mental illness) is arrested.
Here's the link to that information http://www.sbcounty.gov/sheriff/detentions/Mental_Illness.asp

Larryslilsis
03-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Someone slipped and let on he is in the infirmary..... D.A. is putting a mister meaner on him and we expect he will be out on OR after court today THANK GOD! Off to the DR. for new meds and pray the roller coaster ride is over for a while! At least California did not lock him up for 3 years for being Bi Polar! God bless California I am so glad he was home this time! When this happened in Oklahoma 5 years ago we lost him for 3 years for pretty much the same thing! Don't jay walk in Oklahoma!!!! THANKS so much for being here this group is a life line for so many! You are all in my prayers. From someone who knows what it is to love someone in the states hands! STAY STRONG THEY NEEDS US! AMEN..... LARRYSLILSIS

MattsmominNY
03-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Glad to hear things are working out for you and your brother.

thanks for your last comment and your good wishes to us all:

"You are all in my prayers. From someone who knows what it is to love someone in the states hands! STAY STRONG THEY NEEDS US! AMEN..... LARRYSLILSIS"

hisangelswatch
03-19-2009, 11:00 PM
I'm looking for the website for the West Valley Detention Center's Canteen and any helpful instructions on what an inmate might want or need? I would appreciate any help, thanks.

Love Constant
03-20-2009, 08:50 AM
go onto the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Website. From there go to the Inmate Locator. Once you type in the person's name/inmate#, their info will come up. There is a link on there that will you take directly to the Canteen Website. I have a friend that is at West Valley. I usually order him food items like noodles, they also have rice, and chicken in packets. Snacks like chips and cookies are good too. I never get the flavored drink mix . . .he can drink water, its more important to have actual food in his stomach. Not to mention, the chow food is probably horrible.

Junior'sQueen
03-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Here is the Link that LoveConstant mentioned:

http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/sheriff/bookingsearch/bookingsearch.aspx

thanks LoveConstant for your assistance here!!!

psalm3418
03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
go onto the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department Website. From there go to the Inmate Locator. Once you type in the person's name/inmate#, their info will come up. There is a link on there that will you take directly to the Canteen Website. I have a friend that is at West Valley. I usually order him food items like noodles, they also have rice, and chicken in packets. Snacks like chips and cookies are good too. I never get the flavored drink mix . . .he can drink water, its more important to have actual food in his stomach. Not to mention, the chow food is probably horrible.

You can pay for items from the canteen for your inmate?
Does this apply to all prisons?

Junior'sQueen
03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
You can pay for items from the canteen for your inmate?
Does this apply to all prisons?

Where LoveConstant was talking about is county, not a state prison. I guess the next best thing for the prisons is putting money on their books thru JPay or Cybersuite, or buying them a quarterly package. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.

psalm3418
03-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Where LoveConstant was talking about is county, not a state prison. I guess the next best thing for the prisons is putting money on their books thru JPay or Cybersuite, or buying them a quarterly package. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.

Eek! You caught me JQ!! :D I'm supposed to be studying for a test right now......
Thanks for answering my question. I was wondering why my husband never mentioned that I could do this???
OK. Truly....Really.....I'm going back to studying....:cool:
PTO is addicting!!!!

halebop
04-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Can this be done in LA County jails?

Junior'sQueen
04-06-2009, 03:08 PM
Can this be done in LA County jails?

Why don't you check out this link/website:

http://www.lasdpackages.com/

AND CLICK ON PARTICIPATING FACILITIES.

Hope this helps!

P.S. I found this link on the LASD site: http://www.lasd.org/divisions/custody/mcj/inmateservices.html

Giavanna77
04-13-2009, 06:31 PM
:(I was just sentenced to 365 days in the Women's West Valley Detention Center and have to turn myself in sometime in June. I was convicted of a white collar crime and have never been in any legal trouble until now and have NO CLUE what to expect. If anyone can tell me what I can expect as for privacy going to the bathroom, showers, etc. Am I going to be in an actual cell or in a dorm like room. I am really nieve to this and need to know. I am very scared and the worst part is I have to little boys I have to leave. I have been going to court for 2 years now in hope of another option but this is what it came out to. I would appreciate anyone that has been in there to let me know what they went through.

Thanks!

Oldporkbutt
04-13-2009, 06:44 PM
I am so sorry you have to leave your babies. Hopefully someone will bring them to see you often.
My daughter is here with me right now, she is a deputy. I asked her what you need to know--expect no privacy. You will be watched at all times. You will get as per title 15 in CA a shower once every other day. Hopefully everyday. All your mail will be read, incoming and outgoing. You will be told what your jail allows as per incoming mail, like papers, or magazines. You will need someone to put money on your account so that you can purchase things from the store. In my daughters jail there is no contact visits, she works in Riverside so she said maybe San Bernadino is different, they will let you know. I will be praying for you that all goes well, and that this time will go fast. Take care, and God Bless

Giavanna77
04-14-2009, 11:58 AM
Thank you so much for your kinds words. My faith in God is the only thing that is going to get me through this. As for my boys, they are old enough to know what jail is and I don't want them to think it is "normal" for a mom to be there so they think I am going to school out of state so I won't be seeing them. I could not see them going to a place like that to visit their mom. As for the privacy question, I was just hoping that when you do use the restroom and take a shower that you are not being watched. That is my biggest fear as I am super modest and will probably freak out if I have to shower and use the restroom in front of other people. I wish I could turn back time and take back my mistake :(

RV75
04-16-2009, 09:28 AM
My brother would like to have a priest visit him and I am in New Mexico, so I don't know of any churches in that area. Can anyone help me? Please?

Agz_friend
04-20-2009, 09:15 PM
There are 2 Catholic Parishes in Rancho Cucamonga.
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel 909-987-2717
Sacred Heart Parish 909-899-1049

Hope this helps.

AGz Lady!

My brother would like to have a priest visit him and I am in New Mexico, so I don't know of any churches in that area. Can anyone help me? Please?

RV75
04-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Thank you so much, and because I know my brother, thanks for him as well.

Agz_friend
04-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Your welcome... both of you! :)

Thank you so much, and because I know my brother, thanks for him as well.

adriana2love
04-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Hello everyone,
Does anyone have any information on how the visitation is at West Valley Detention Center? Is it contact or behind glass? Is there a dress code? any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ;)

CrownTown
04-23-2009, 08:36 PM
My guy just left from there this morning....I was supposed to go see him there tonight :-(

The visits are pretty chill. When you go in you are only allowed one key and your ID. No metal (if you have jewelry that is metal they just make you take it off when you go through the detector), I suggest not wearing heals....Apparently something in the arch (or whatever) sets the detector off EVERYTIME. As far as clothing....Nothing too low cut, NO tank tops and I mean AT ALL....Even if you have a tank top underneath another shirt or something, it's not okay. I had to put on a big baggy sweatshirt that (thankfully) I had in my car.....Which would've been fine but I was wearing slacks and heals....Yeah it was ghetto (lol) Basically, everything has to be covered up. The visit is only 20 minutes long and it's behind glass. When you check in they take your ID and give you two cards, one with whoever your visitings Unit Number and the other is a card with just a number on it so they can keep track of where your ID is. Then you go through the detector and than off to walk through the long and empty hallways.....Follow the signs on the walls and above the doors until you get to the correct Unit. When you get to your Unit there is a button on the wall right inside the door (left side) that you have to push. When the guard says can I help you, tell them your inmates last name, they'll tell you to have a seat....Then you wait for your inmate. You get no warning as to how much time you have...So try to pay attention so you can say good bye's because when time is up the phones are turned off. (Little secret....Not sure if it works on all the phones....If you turn the phone upside down and talk into the ear piece side you can hear each other)

Sorry if I don't make much sense....It's been an emotional day....

Good luck on your visit....

:thumbsup: Elmo's Star :thumbsup:

adriana2love
04-24-2009, 03:15 PM
OMg ! thank you very much for the information. and im sorry to hear that u couldnt visit your guy... my friend was just sent there on wednesday and they gave him 103 days. i really dont know much about this.. last year my EX was in Norco and i see that the prison procedures are a little different...

Brent's Babe
04-24-2009, 03:23 PM
all he has to do is move over to the next seat and pick up the phone and you get another whole visit, thats what brent and I always did

CrownTown
04-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Scott (Elmo) was in Unit 2 and IDK if the guards were just jerks or what but they were right on top of us and everyone in there....They would say over the stupid loud speaker window 5 your visit is over....It sucked. I'm new to all this too Adriana....I don't know much about anything. Even more so right now....I don't know what to do....I've called everywhere trying to figure out were he is at so I can get his housing information so that I can get a letter out to him right away but no one seems to have any answers for me....Since he was just moved the computer system still says he isn't in custody....I hate this empty feeling and the none stop crying isn't too fun. To make it worse...Today is my birthday and all I want to do is be alone....You know?? Ugh!! When is your first visit Adriana??

Elmo's Star

Brent's Babe
04-24-2009, 04:33 PM
hmmm I don't know Brent was locked down 23 hrs a day but when I would visit him he had to go up the stairs and there were no guards up there for the 5 months that was goin to court. You wont get in trouble all they will do is tell you not to do that

CrownTown
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Same with Scott....There weren't guards up there but there was one watching the camera or something cause seemed they always knew. We never got told anything but other people had. Where is Brent at now?? Where do you live??

Elmo's Star

Brent's Babe
04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
Brent is at Ironwood state prison right now he has 6 yrs left and I live in the high desert

adriana2love
04-25-2009, 02:24 AM
Thank you for all the info.. but i just found out he got transfered to Glen Helen.. This is already Driving me nuts, he was just at WVDC for 24 hours.. and from what his bro told me he is still being transfered to another jail after Glen Helen..but he dont recall the name..ehh (Brents Babe).. my brother in law is also in Ironwood i belive he has about 2 more years to go. (elmo's Star) i was going to go visit him this weekend but thats out of the question now.. now i have to find out about Glen Helen

Brent's Babe
04-25-2009, 01:52 PM
Don't sweat it county is no problem. just make an appointment and go see him just dont show to much clevage

Gigis_gurl
04-27-2009, 08:34 PM
my fiance is at west valley also, and i was just wondering if any one can think of some good ideas as far as thing i can send him in letters, like pics jokes, ext!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK yOU verry much

Gigis_gurl
04-28-2009, 11:40 AM
I do my fiance/babys father is in ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IM WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU LADIES OR MAYBE THIS COULD APPLY TO YOU GUY IF YOU JUST GOT OUT, HAVE BEEN IN OR HAVE A MAN WHOSE IS AN INMATE WORKER IN WEST VALLEY DETENTION CENTER, RANCO CUCAMONGA CALIFORNIA. I THINK ITS UNIT 12????THANKS

MitosWifee!
05-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Just a heads up......My friend just texted me and said her visit was cancelled today at west valley...She didnt say why,but my guess is the swine flu..So,any one visiting make sure U call first....

hiswifeysince07
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Thank you for all the info.. but i just found out he got transfered to Glen Helen.. This is already Driving me nuts, he was just at WVDC for 24 hours.. and from what his bro told me he is still being transfered to another jail after Glen Helen..but he dont recall the name..ehh (Brents Babe).. my brother in law is also in Ironwood i belive he has about 2 more years to go. (elmo's Star) i was going to go visit him this weekend but thats out of the question now.. now i have to find out about Glen Helen
Visiting for Glen helen is just like West Valley you have to call the same visiting number that you call for West Valley and make the visit then you go to the jail about 20 minst before the visit there is a booth out side where the graud is u give him ur ID and he gives u the the card then he buzz open the gate and u walk n 2 the visiting area the vists are about 30 to 40 mins long behind glass. if he is going to another county jail out here it will probably be Central Detension Center theat the only other one out here and same thing with them it is the same number for visiting

hislady760
05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
My husband is in West Valley and I was wondering when they go into Reception how long for them 2 receive his visits? And how are you able to buy book or magazines for them? Thanks so much for your help

MattsmominNY
05-30-2009, 08:04 AM
My husband is in West Valley and I was wondering when they go into Reception how long for them 2 receive his visits? And how are you able to buy book or magazines for them? Thanks so much for your help

I don't understand what you're asking, is your husband waiting to go to state prison? Is that the reception you mean? You can send him books and magazines while he's in reception at the state prison. You'll need to order them from a bookseller that does mail order business, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, etc.

As far as visiting in the state prisons, your husband will need to send you a visitor approval form that he has signed and you will fill it out and send it back. They will let your husband know when you have been approved for visits. You'll find more information in the state forums. Make sure your husband knows he has to sign the back before he sends it to you.

arroyo44
05-31-2009, 08:12 AM
My sister is getting release friday and im trying to find out what time do they get release at west valley jail.

JB-III
05-31-2009, 02:20 PM
My sister is getting release friday and im trying to find out what time do they get release at west valley jail.

People get released from there at all hours of the day/night. You should call them and see if they can give you an estimate at least...but I know for a fact they release people all day long AND at night.

Tara
06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
They release them all hours and the last time I tried to call for a time they would not release it. Actually even when you are up there they don't tell you much. I waited til 2 am.

heartbrken
06-21-2009, 07:34 PM
my son is in a holding jail--west valley in rancho cucamonga,california...if he has money in his commissary account can he call me even though I have a block on my phone from collect calls? If he buys a phone card or whatever it is at the commissary---how much do the calls cost??? :confused:

heartbrken
06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
:mad:what an absolute nightmare! can someone please tell me if my son has money in his commissary account if he can call me even though I have a block on collect calls??

MattsmominNY
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
:mad:what an absolute nightmare! can someone please tell me if my son has money in his commissary account if he can call me even though I have a block on collect calls??

Is your son in the West Valley Detention Center in San Bernardino County? He should be able to purchase a prepaid calling card from the commissary if he has money on his account, and he will be able to call you, you will still have to press a number to accept the call but I don't remember what the number is off hand.

They use GTL and when he calls it will give you the option of putting money in a prepaid account, you will input your credit card information and then the call will be put through to you, all while he is waiting on the line. It's a prepaid call rather than a collect call. You won't accept a collect call in the "normal or usual" way, you will need to set up a prepaid account so it's just slightly different.

But from what I understand if you just stay on the line and don't press any buttons you will get one free 5 minute call, I never did that since I didn't know. It took me many frustrating tries in order to set up an account but I finally was able to get it accomplished. Good luck to you, I hope you talk to your son soon.

California_Mom
06-21-2009, 08:46 PM

My son was in West Valley Detention Center a few years ago. He was able to purchase a prepaid calling card; if I remember right, they get commissary once a week, then he should be able to call you using the card. I'm so sorry for you having to go through this, but I'm glad you found this site... there is so much helpful information here. Also, check out the link for California County Jails, there will be more info on West Valley Detention Center.

light at end
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Sorry your having to go through this. I see that you allready got some answers to your question. Good luck with everything.

heartbrken
06-21-2009, 09:02 PM
no I havent gotten any answers to my questions---just that my thread was moved:mad:

oops my bad---i did get responses and ty so much...yes he is in west valley detention in rancho cucamonga.....so through the gtl can i use a prepaid visa card---how much do i need to have on it---are the calls $$?

California_Mom
06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
oops my bad---i did get responses and ty so much...yes he is in west valley detention in rancho cucamonga.....so through the gtl can i use a prepaid visa card---how much do i need to have on it---are the calls $$?

Fortunately the cost of a call has gone down since my son was there. His calls were $7.30 for 15 minutes! I'm in the same area code as West Valley, so your call might still be around that much. If Commissary hasn't changed, your son will be able to purchase either a $20.00 or a $10.00 calling card. I hope you hear from his soon. Also, I sent him paper and envelopes, (I can't remember if you could send postage stamps at West Valley) and post cards in a manila envelope. If you want to get a message to him quickly, send him a post card, they get through a lot faster than a letter.

heartbrken
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM
I have a block on any collect calls....can i get any prepaid service so my son can call me?

2sleepy
06-22-2009, 06:44 PM
You can set up an account directly with GTL, you will have to give them a deposit, I think it starts at $50

South Bay
06-23-2009, 05:48 PM
According to a Request for Proposal put out by San Bernardino (SB) County in the spring of 2008, the County wished to replace their existing system of prepaid calling cards sold at the commissary with a more controlled system of debit calling for their prisoners. Eventually, the contract was awarded back to Global Tel Link (GTL), with the proviso that debit calling be implemented to replace the prepaid calling cards previously available through the commissary.

I spoke with the SB County official responsible for implementing the GTL contract, who confirmed that GTL had replaced their system of prepaid calling cards with debit calling in the SB County jails (including West Detention Facility). The County had concerns about the theft of the calling cards and/or fights between prisoners over the cards. The prepaid calling card system used to allow calls to numbers otherwise blocked by GTL, so the newly implemented debit system should allow the same type of access. Thus, your son should be able to purchase debit calling time from the commissary, and should be able to call to any numbers previously blocked by GTL (since the block should only affect collect calls).

If you have any further questions (or issues) with GTL and the debit system now in effect in the SB County jails, please pm me and I assist you or further look into any GTL related issues in SB County.

If you wish to know the rates for calls collect calls placed from the SB County jails, please see this post: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4111309#post4111309 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4111309#post4111309).

Other counties (Los Angeles) offer a 10% discount for using the prepaid calling cards, perhaps this discount also applies to debit calling in SB County (I honestly don't know whether this is the case in SB County, but could find out if requested).

South Bay Scott

MattsmominNY
06-23-2009, 06:34 PM
As of the end of April of this year they were still selling prepaid calling cards in the canteen to be used in the San Bernardino County jail system. My son got the prepaid calling cards and used them in both West Valley and Adelanto Detention Centers. The prepaid system from GTL is fully automated and you set it up using the touch tone keypad on your phone. They require you to input your credit card number, exp date, security code, and your billing zip code. You can put either $25 or $50 on the account. It was a lot cheaper to use the prepaid cards, those calls were half the cost of the GTL prepaid account.

South Bay
06-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Thanks for the info, MattsMom.

After further contacting San Bernardino (SB) County officials, it turns out that the County had purchased GTL prepaid calling cards in lots of 20,000 in 2008, and is still selling their existing stock until exhausted (GTL sold the cards to the County at half-price, in line with the contract agreement that the County receives an approximate 50% commission on all phone calls).

After the card supply is gone, the County plans to fully transition to the debit calling system in all their jails (in addition to their traditional collect calling and the GTL prepaid “AdvancePay” accounts). The debit calling system will be used in conjunction with a voice recognition system and PIN, so that upon admission to the jail system the prisoner will be issued a PIN code, and upon first use of the debit calling system, he or she will be required to record their name (which will help prevent prisoners from using one another’s PIN’s). In addition, call number lists will be required, to allow further control of the inmate phone system.

(I didn’t find out whether the lists will be required for collect calling, but it may well be. Some systems in which debit calling has been implemented still allow the prisoners to make a few collect calls prior to first submission and approval of the call number lists, but then later provide that only those calls placed to approved numbers on the list will be completed. The contract with GTL also provides that calls to cell phones will be allowed under the debit calling system.)

I received an email response from SB County on June 24, 2009, which indicated that:

“the prepaid calling cards are still being used and are still available through the online commissary system. I was told that the conversion to the cardless system will take place in the next 6 to 8 weeks.”

Anyone wishing to obtain further information about the GTL contract with SB County, or who has questions about the existing prepaid calling cards, the new debit calling system, or any other aspects of the inmate phone system are encouraged to contact Michael Willhite, the administrator of the GTL contract for the SB County Sheriff’s Dept. His contact info is as follows:

Michael Willhite – Bureau of Administration
San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department
655 East Third Street
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0061

Phone Number: 909-387-0684
Fax Number: 909 387-3444
Email: mwillhite@sbcsd.org

South Bay Scott

South Bay
07-05-2009, 02:57 PM
I received a further email from another San Bernardino County Sheriff's official in regard to the GTL prepaid calling cards. In the email, Lt. Jack Trotter indicates that:

"Inmates' families can no longer buy prepaid calling cards on the internet through mycarepack. Families can purchase prepaid phone time for inmates through our inmate telephone provider GTL. The inmates can purchase a phone card through commissary and they can also make collect calls.

Hope this helps,

Jack Trotter, Lieutenant Inmate Services Unit"

Anyone wishing to obtain further information about GTL phone system procedures or about any other inmate programs in the San Bernardino County jails may contact Lt. Trotter, who is in charge of Inmate Services for the SB County Sheriff’s Dept.

His contact information is as follows:

Lt. Jack Trotter – Inmate Services Unit
Phone: 909-387-3710
Email: jtrotter@sbcsd.org

South Bay Scott

MattsmominNY
07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
I received a further email from another San Bernardino County Sheriff's official in regard to the GTL prepaid calling cards. In the email, Lt. Jack Trotter indicates that:

"Inmates' families can no longer buy prepaid calling cards on the internet through mycarepack. Families can purchase prepaid phone time for inmates through our inmate telephone provider GTL. The inmates can purchase a phone card through commissary and they can also make collect calls.

Hope this helps,

Jack Trotter, Lieutenant Inmate Services Unit"

Anyone wishing to obtain further information about GTL phone system procedures or about any other inmate programs in the San Bernardino County jails may contact Lt. Trotter, who is in charge of Inmate Services for the SB County Sheriff’s Dept.

His contact information is as follows:

Lt. Jack Trotter – Inmate Services Unit
Phone: 909-387-3710
Email: jtrotter@sbcsd.org

South Bay Scott

This was my experience and my son was in the custody of the San Bernardino County jail system from Jan 19 to about May 25 of this year. The phones are mostly so full of static that it's impossible to carry on a conversation.

South Bay
07-05-2009, 06:56 PM
This was my experience and my son was in the custody of the San Bernardino County jail system from Jan 19 to about May 25 of this year. The phones are mostly so full of static that it's impossible to carry on a conversation.

Thanks MattsMom, that's quite helpful (for me) to learn about the continual static on the GTL phone network in the San Bernardino County jails.

I'm just starting the process of filing formal CA Public Records Act (CPRA) requests for copies of all the inmate complaints lodged about the phones for the past two years in Riverside and LA Counties; now I think I'll add San Bernardino County to my list and expand the request to include any complaints filed by non-incarcerated members of the public.

Other than the complaints filed against GTL with the FCC and the CPUC (which I have already obtained), inmate (and other) complaints filed with the county jails should reveal many more details about the specific problems with the phones, what actions were taken by GTL to correct them, and the time frame in which these repairs were accomplished (if ever).

The contracts GTL has with each county provide for monthly and yearly summaries of all phone complaints; these summaries (and the actual complaints) are all subject to disclosure under the CPRA, as this enables interested members of the public to determine whether the complaints are being properly addressed (by repairing the phones after such complaints are filed), or to determine whether the phones are being properly serviced as required by provisions in the individual contracts.

Thanks again for posting about this specific phone issue.

South Bay Scott

bagaof3
07-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Thank you for being an advocate! I have had much frustration with GTL since April 2009. My calls are dropped on almost every call and then they charge the connection fee when my son has to call back. I call them to ask for an adjustment and the say it will take at least a week. After a week and more dropped calls, I ask about the prior credits and they say there is no record of them! It is a total rip-off. And 18% charge to put the prepaid minutes on a credit card??? That just seems a bit much.
Thank you.
Bagaof3

South Bay
07-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Thank you for being an advocate! I have had much frustration with GTL since April 2009. My calls are dropped on almost every call and then they charge the connection fee when my son has to call back. I call them to ask for an adjustment and the say it will take at least a week. After a week and more dropped calls, I ask about the prior credits and they say there is no record of them! It is a total rip-off. And 18% charge to put the prepaid minutes on a credit card??? That just seems a bit much.
Thank you.
Bagaof3

Bagaof3,

Here's a partial reprint of a recent post I made about the issue of contacting GTL officials, taken from: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4739102#post4739102 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4739102#post4739102), and it's worth repeating here, since it appears that you got burned by relying on the spoken word of GTL employees (as have so many others).

I can only recommend that you present the details in writing by email* to the following GTL official:

Margaret Phillips, Executive Director of Billing Services
Global Tel Link Corporation
251-375-8026 or
800-489-4500 ext. 2226
866-237-7928 (Fax)
mphillips@gtl.net (mphillips@gtl.net) or
Margaret.Phillips@gtl.net (Margaret.Phillips@gtl.net)

*NEVER rely on the word of GTL officials from phone conversations with them; ALWAYS contact them through written correspondence. I recently got "burned" by GTL when a supervisor told me by phone that the $5 refund processing fee (which is illegal) on an AdvancePay account would be waived. When the refund check was received, the fee HAD NOT been waived. Now I'm having to further deal with this issue by email with Ms. Phillips (who, by the way, still has not responded to the email). But you have to realize that it is all part of GTL’s grand plan. First they lie to you. Then you email them. Then they do not respond, so you have to email them again and inquire as to why they did not respond to the first email.

It's like a huge chess game, in which you must plan all your moves in advance in order to prevent GTL from checkmating you early on. But you will be checkmated if you rely solely on phone conversations with GTL officials. Believe me when I tell you that GTL is reaping millions of dollars annually on penny-ante schemes (unrelated to their exorbitant calling rates), and they prey on those who rely on the word of the GTL customer service reps, and/or supervisors, because in the end, you have nothing to prove that the conversation ever took place, or that the GTL employee promised to do something.

As the old saying goes, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." So, in order to prevent bringing shame upon yourself, you must contact GTL officials in writing, or you WILL get fooled (burned) again.

If you still cannot get the issue resolved with Ms. Phillips (or her sidekick, Bea Berry, to whom you may be referred), please consult this post which contains further contact information for various GTL officials: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385129 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385129).

Good luck with your pursuit and, Oh, did I happen to mention that you should put it all in writing when you deal with GTL officials?

South Bay Scott

grayworldangel
07-06-2009, 07:32 AM
You might also want to consider writing via old-fashioned snail mail. If you send it registered, you'll have proof she actually got the letter.

Margaret Phillips, Executive Director of Billing Services
Global Tel Link Corporation
2609 Cameron Street
Mobile, AL 36607

halebop
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
While we're talking about GTL...

This doesn't seem right to me. I don't have any blocks on my home phone and I can accept collect calls. That's how my 1st few calls from hubby came through.

But I started getting worried about the big whopping phone bill and after just 2 "regular" collect calls, I decided to set up a pre-pay account with GTL.

The options are $25 or $50. Either one has a $5 service fee included.

BUT, if I run out of money in my prepaid account - he now CAN'T call collect the regular way anymore. Last Thursday I had no money left in the prepaid account. I prefer to add $50 at a time because of the $5 service charge each time you re-up.

I didn't have $50 and payday was the next day. I wanted his Thursday pm collect call to go on my phone bill the usual way. But now that I have a prepaid account with GTL - he can't call unless there's money on that account. Before I set one up he could. It doesn't seem fair / right to lose that option.

Rant over.

South Bay
07-07-2009, 12:51 PM
While we're talking about GTL...

This doesn't seem right to me. I don't have any blocks on my home phone and I can accept collect calls. That's how my 1st few calls from hubby came through.

But I started getting worried about the big whopping phone bill and after just 2 "regular" collect calls, I decided to set up a pre-pay account with GTL.

The options are $25 or $50. Either one has a $5 service fee included.

BUT, if I run out of money in my prepaid account - he now CAN'T call collect the regular way anymore. Last Thursday I had no money left in the prepaid account. I prefer to add $50 at a time because of the $5 service charge each time you re-up.

I didn't have $50 and payday was the next day. I wanted his Thursday pm collect call to go on my phone bill the usual way. But now that I have a prepaid account with GTL - he can't call unless there's money on that account. Before I set one up he could. It doesn't seem fair / right to lose that option.

Rant over.

Post moved to: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304).

grayworldangel
07-07-2009, 01:18 PM
That's really great stuff, Southbay. As I read it, I started to wonder...what if everyone who is caught in this unacceptable (and illegal) position called Lieutenant Robbie Ibelle--I found him mentioned at the county board of supervisors meetings dealing with the telephone contract, and you posted his contact info as:
Lieutenant Robbie Ibelle (213) 893-5111 (or 213-893-5882).

I think a few phone calls to him demanding that they force GTL to follow the law might help staighten things out.

South Bay
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM
Thanks, grayworldangel.

I just moved the post (for greater exposure) to: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304).

Perhaps you can repost your response (to where I moved the post), and elaborate on the approach we should take with Lt. Ibelle. After I spoke with him, he sounded truly concerned about the things GTL was doing, and how it is affecting both the inmates (bad calling cards) in the LA county jails, and the GTL customers in general. I just haven't had the time to chronicle the many GTL issues, and get back to him.

South Bay Scott

LovesickLocks
07-07-2009, 11:02 PM
You can call gtl(global tel link) and take the block off our phone and set up a prepaid account.i believe it has to be a 25$ or 50$ payment.you can even do it on your cell phone (my fiance calls me through gtl on my cell)...just call this number its very simple

1-866-230-7761

good luck!

my son is in a holding jail--west valley in rancho cucamonga,california...if he has money in his commissary account can he call me even though i have a block on my phone from collect calls? If he buys a phone card or whatever it is at the commissary---how much do the calls cost??? :confused:

grayworldangel
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
You can call gtl(global tel link) and take the block off our phone and set up a prepaid account.

That's the problem. Apparently once you do that, you can only do prepaid and can't go back to collect. That's just plain wrong.

grayworldangel
07-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Perhaps you can repost your response (to where I moved the post), and elaborate on the approach we should take with Lt. Ibelle.

I'm hesitant to advocate calls to Mr. Ibelle over on the CDC forum, because he is only responsible for the Los Angeles jail phone contract. But, if everyone with phone problems in the LA jails calls him to complain, I'll bet that he will soon get tired enough of hearing about it so that he pushes GTL to clean up their act (at least in LA).

MrsCetina
07-10-2009, 06:47 AM
You can set up a prepaid account with Global Tel by calling this number:
800-483-8314
you can either pay $25 or $50 with a credit/debit card. for a $25 payment, there's a $5 transaction fee, and for $50 there's a $10 transaction fee.

halebop
07-10-2009, 09:02 AM
The problem is that once you set up a prepaid account with them - you can't go back to taking a "regular" (bill to your home phone) collect call.

South Bay
07-11-2009, 04:23 PM
The problem is that once you set up a prepaid account with them - you can't go back to taking a "regular" (bill to your home phone) collect call.

Halebop,

The above statement is somewhat misleading, as it may cause GTL customers to believe that they may never go back to receiving collect calls after having opened an AdvancePay account.

As I pointed out in my lengthy post and its "Clarification" follow-up to your earlier post about not being able to receive collect calls (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782304#post4782304) & http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782672#post4782672 (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4782672#post4782672)), THERE IS NO LEGAL REASON WHY A GTL CUSTOMER CANNOT GO BACK TO COLLECT CALLING AFTER HAVING ESTABLISHED AN ADVANCE PAY ACCOUNT.

The only prohibition is that the same phone number cannot have both prepaid and collect calling at the same time, and the AdvancePay account would have to be closed prior to again accepting collect calls. An easy alternative way to achieve both collect calling and prepaid on the same phone number, however, is to have the phone accept only collect calls, and have the person in jail purchase the maximum amount of prepaid cards allowed (two $20 cards per week), with one additional $10 card purchased for the prisoner per week via the Internet website. Thus, the prisoner would be able to call the number with up to $50 each week in prepaid calling cards (with the added benefit that the calling cards offer a 10% discount on all calls.)

My first above-referenced post also included a copy of the actual CPUC decision in which GTL allowed the customer to go back to receiving collect calls, and a copy of the current California Tariff provision addressing the relevant terms and conditions governing AdvancePay accounts. In order to go back to collect calling, the GTL AdvancePay account holder need only close the account, and request that the collect calling block be removed. The customer can even change back again to another prepaid AdvancePay account (but the ability to receive collect calls will again be blocked).

The only thing that now prevents GTL customers from switching back to collect calling is a customer who continues to believe the GTL customer service reps (and supervisors) when they state that collect calling is never allow again on the phone number (after having set up an AdvancePay account). WHEN A GTL EMPLOYEE INSITSTS THAT SOMETHING IS AGAINST THEIR “POLICY,” ALWAYS INSIST ON RECEIVING A WRITTEN COPY OF THAT POLICY.

Under California law, customers of regulated telecommunications companies operating in California have a right to obtain "information" about "all material terms and conditions," and "all terms and conditions of service" affecting them.* Oftentimes, however, written letters or emails must be sent to GTL to obtain this information in a written format, but this is a step that must be taken. Also, by insisting on a copy of the written policy, more often than not this will cause GTL to back down from the policy (because there is no actual policy).

South Bay Scott

* CA Public Utilities Commission “General Order 168,” PART 1 - Consumer Bill of Rights and Freedom of Choice, the "Disclosure" section provides that:

"Consumers have a right to receive clear and complete information about all material terms and conditions, such as material limitations, for i) products and service plans they select or ii) available products and service plans for which they request information."

CA Public Utilities Code section 2896 provides that:

The [Public Utilities] commission shall require telephone corporations to provide customer service to telecommunication customers that includes, but is not limited to, all the following:

(a) Sufficient information upon which to make informed choices among telecommunications services and providers. This includes, but is not limited to, information regarding the provider's identity, service options, pricing, and terms and conditions of service. A provider need only provide information to its customers on the services which it offers.

If information is sought under these provisions of law, a written request to GTL would have to be responded to with a written answer; whereas a verbal request to GTL could be verbally answered.

humboldtsweetie
07-11-2009, 05:49 PM
my prepaid gtl starts at $25 or $50. go to their website and they will give you a number to call and set up a prepaid account. that's how i do it, i prefer to do it over the phone, they have it set up so u can do it online, but they charge $9.40 for "service fee"...ridiculous! there is still a fee for doing it over the phone but it is a lot less. i usually 30 mins for a little over $7

Cubana
07-11-2009, 09:09 PM

You can go online and change the phone number on the account, like to your cell phone. Then when you refill the prepaid account move it back to your home phone. This way when you don't have $$ on your prepaid and he tries to call you at home it doesn't show that you have a prepaid account on that line. This is what I do. :thumbsup:

grayworldangel
07-13-2009, 12:14 PM
That's incredibly clever! I love it.

Vicsmama
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Just a heads up......My friend just texted me and said her visit was cancelled today at west valley...She didnt say why,but my guess is the swine flu..So,any one visiting make sure U call first....

I was there too on sat....and today I spoke to my son and he did say that one of the unit has it....he said that the prisoners are walking with t-shirts on their faces....so it might be swine....so yeah call

Selfishways
11-10-2009, 06:06 PM
My GF is locked up in West Valley Detention center and will be moved to Glen Helen next week. She will probably get a minimum of 120 days.... What % of her time should she expect to do in San Bernadino County?... Does San Bernadino do other alternative sentencing programs like house arrest or work release? If so, what are her chances of getting them?

Thanks in advance....

nurseglp
12-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm picking my son in law up at West Valley Detention Center this Saturday.He has been at Glen Helen for 8 months but I guess they bus them over to West Valley for release.They cant give me a specific time?? They say between 9am and 1 pm.What the hey?Does anyone know if I will get a more specific time or will they tell him the exact time?If not I guess I will have a tailgate party in the parking lot all morning.

HisWifey7707
12-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I think it depends on the charges. My friends GF was just released from Glen Helen and she did about 90% of her time. She was in for posession and under the influence and it was her second time being busted I think.

Selfishways
12-15-2009, 06:12 PM
I talked to my GF today and she said that you get 15 days good time credit for every 30 days served.

PTO-110524
12-16-2009, 02:11 PM
I talked to my GF today and she said that you get 15 days good time credit for every 30 days served.

That's called "half time." :thumbsup:

mzbtlr
12-28-2009, 10:04 PM
Can anybody please help me...I am in need of information about marrying someone while in custody at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga California. I don't even know where to start. I'm completely lost! Please help!!!!! :-(

catherine2358
01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Here is what i found out about getting married in S.B. Co.
Requirements for a Public Marriage License
Attendance
Both partners must be present when submitting application for issuance of a marriage license

Tara
01-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Can anybody please help me...I am in need of information about marrying someone while in custody at West Valley Detention Center in Rancho Cucamonga California. I don't even know where to start. I'm completely lost! Please help!!!!! :-(
I got married in west valley on Sept 3 2009 PM me and I will tell you how.. I can be a fast process but it is not exactly allowed

MitosWifee!
04-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get transferred to State after ones been sentenced..My friends boyfriend was sentenced on Friday and is currently in the Hole..She wants to visit him before he gets transferred to reception..Shes afraid he will be transferred before he makes it out of the hole on the 18 th.. I know how LA County works but never dealt with West Valley..Thanks..

bagaof3
04-11-2010, 07:53 AM
My son spent 2 months at West Valley before being sent to Tehachapi. That was 1 year ago. Not sure how it is now.

d725
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get transferred to State after ones been sentenced..My friends boyfriend was sentenced on Friday and is currently in the Hole..She wants to visit him before he gets transferred to reception..Shes afraid he will be transferred before he makes it out of the hole on the 18 th.. I know how LA County works but never dealt with West Valley..Thanks..

It is taking about a minimum of 3 weeks after sentencing for the state to pick up female inmates. It usually happens real late on Monday night. I don't know if it is different for males. I know some female inmates have waited only 3 weeks, some up to 2 months. The Monday night / Tuesday morning transfers were for girls going to Chowchilla. If your friends boyfriend is in the hole, he can still get visits. She will have to call the day prior to the day she wants to visit to set up an appointment though. No visits on Mondays or Tuesdays. Good luck.

MitosWifee!
04-28-2010, 09:06 PM
It is taking about a minimum of 3 weeks after sentencing for the state to pick up female inmates. It usually happens real late on Monday night. I don't know if it is different for males. I know some female inmates have waited only 3 weeks, some up to 2 months. The Monday night / Tuesday morning transfers were for girls going to Chowchilla. If your friends boyfriend is in the hole, he can still get visits. She will have to call the day prior to the day she wants to visit to set up an appointment though. No visits on Mondays or Tuesdays. Good luck.

Thanks..
He got transfered already..He left pretty fast...

Lady_Chanel
06-03-2010, 01:37 PM
How much paper, envelopes, and pictures can I send at West Valley Detention Center?

Tara
06-25-2010, 03:44 PM
You can not send them paper or envelopes. Pictures if I remember correctly is 10 an envelope. My husband left there over 1 1/2 ago but that is how it has been for 7 years of me dealing with him.

How much paper, envelopes, and pictures can I send at West Valley Detention Center?

tdj428
07-28-2010, 08:41 PM
he was in chino for 3 months on a parole violation,he was paroled out and now at west valley on the reason he got a parole violation which was obstruction and resisting arrest, does anyone have an idea if he will stay at west valley or more likely get transferred out to another jail, and an idea how much time that he may serve.miss him.

fallenangel666
07-30-2010, 09:49 PM
Does anyone no how long it take to to get on a chaiN out of there pervite messagge me cause no sure how to usse prison talk moblie

fallenangel666
07-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Well how long does it take to cache the chain to go to reciption????

Tara
07-31-2010, 09:25 PM
My husband was there for 2 weeks before he left. I do not know if it has changed he was there again in Sept... So almost a year.

Well how long does it take to cache the chain to go to reciption????

Tara
07-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Honestly when my friend was violated they took him from West Valley and then right back to Chino. He just went in in July. He was violated and they gave him the prior sentence of 3 years...

he was in chino for 3 months on a parole violation,he was paroled out and now at west valley on the reason he got a parole violation which was obstruction and resisting arrest, does anyone have an idea if he will stay at west valley or more likely get transferred out to another jail, and an idea how much time that he may serve.miss him.

crystalhr89
09-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Does anyone know how to go about setting up a prepaid account to make phone calls ? I have no idea where to start =S

sweetlilcowgirl
02-10-2011, 03:49 PM
Is there any way I can buy a calling card out here in the free world and mail him the numbers in a letter he is in West Valley Detention at the moment but I dont know if I can I know it would make it easier on me and him if I could but when is anything ever easy?

California_Mom
02-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Is there any way I can buy a calling card out here in the free world and mail him the numbers in a letter he is in West Valley Detention at the moment but I dont know if I can I know it would make it easier on me and him if I could but when is anything ever easy?

My son was at West Valley a few years ago and the only way he could use a calling card was to purchase it at Canteen.

sweetlilcowgirl
02-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Hello I was wondering if anyone know if you can get married in West Valley?

His1
03-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi, the nice people at WFD said NO... The inmate would have to transfer to State Prison to get married.. I hope this helps..

sweetlilcowgirl
03-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Thank You so very very much. This doesn't make me all to happy. But hey whats waiting a little bit longer for the rest o your life.

His1
03-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Your welcome. Glad to help.

Ranskum1
04-21-2011, 02:51 AM
Does anyone know Why does san bernardino bus inmates from glen helen to be released at west valley? tey cant be released from glen helen? My man is being released on april 30, and i needed info on picking him up from west valley, any info would be much appricated

California_Mom
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know Why does san bernardino bus inmates from glen helen to be released at west valley? tey cant be released from glen helen? My man is being released on april 30, and i needed info on picking him up from west valley, any info would be much appricated

What kind of information do you need? I know when my son was there, they released day & night! For his specifics you might need to get in touch (I know, it's hard to get a hold of someone) from the jail. Hopefully as the time gets closer, they wil tell him a little more info too. They sure don't make it easy do they?

dominguez_562
05-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Hey ppl, I stay in adelanto.. Anyone wanna carpool to west valley hit me up on a message, we can share the gas cost.. I have a car so I can pick up in victorville or hesperia.... My man just got there from prison so idk how long hell be there..

jdcl0215
06-23-2011, 07:51 PM
i've dealt with the LA County Jail systems and i know how bad they are... my man just got arrested again and he is now in west valley detention for new charges. does anyone know in comparison to LA County... is it any better? especially for those with sex charges?

MitosWifee!
06-23-2011, 11:15 PM
The conditions seem A LOT better then LA County.. Visiting is better.. Its by appointment and its 5 days a week.. Not sure about how they deal with anyone with sex charges..

sweetcandicane
07-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Has anyone had issues with getting calls from West Valley today? My bf tried to call twice and I had to add money, it went through whole recording and said press 1 to add money, I did and nothing happened. I pressed 1 again and it said cannot connect call at this time try again in 10 minutes. Anyone ever get that message?

jdcl0215
07-14-2011, 11:25 PM
hmmm. i didn't have problem adding money. but my man called me this morning and the call got dropped. then he tried calling like 6 times after but he got a "busy tone" rather than the "this is global tel link..."

sweetcandicane
07-14-2011, 11:43 PM
hmmm. i didn't have problem adding money. but my man called me this morning and the call got dropped. then he tried calling like 6 times after but he got a "busy tone" rather than the "this is global tel link..."

Damn I waited all day for his call just to get cut off. Ugh!!! And I don't know if he heard the same message on his end or if he thinks I Hung up or didn't accept the call. :-(

jdcl0215
07-14-2011, 11:50 PM
mmm. i think he heard the same message. cause the first time that he called me (when he was in there the first time... i got the message that i needed to put funds into my phone he told me he heard the message that i got but hung up so i had time to put money in.) he heard the same message as last time (this is his 2nd time in jail). i'm sure he'll call again... he probably had to go back inside or something...

what unit is ur man in?

sweetcandicane
07-14-2011, 11:59 PM
mmm. i think he heard the same message. cause the first time that he called me (when he was in there the first time... i got the message that i needed to put funds into my phone he told me he heard the message that i got but hung up so i had time to put money in.) he heard the same message as last time (this is his 2nd time in jail). i'm sure he'll call again... he probably had to go back inside or something...

what unit is ur man in?

Lol I was gonna ask you the same thing. Unit 13. Yours?

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 12:04 AM
mines in unit 11

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 12:06 AM
mines in unit 11

Oh I think I pass that on the same hallway right? How long has he been there? Is he transferring to state?

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 12:08 AM
i have no clue.. lol i'm still mad at mines so i havent gone to see him yet. he's been in there for 3 weeks. still waiting on the court case and what not... but looks like he'll be going to state. >_< we're looking at at least 5 years.

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 12:13 AM
i have no clue.. lol i'm still mad at mines so i havent gone to see him yet. he's been in there for 3 weeks. still waiting on the court case and what not... but looks like he'll be going to state. >_< we're looking at at least 5 years.

Sorry to hear that. I believe they are down same hallway. Mine has been in for about a month and a half and transferring whenever they decide to come get him. He has about 5 more months. This is my first time going through this. It's not fun! Do you live near the jail?

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 12:14 AM
no i dont live near west valley... i live in the san gabriel/pasadena area. =/

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
no i dont live near west valley... i live in the san gabriel/pasadena area. =/

Oh I'm really close to it so I pray they don't move him too far. I may not be able to see him if its too far away. When does your man go to court?

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 12:21 AM
Oh I'm really close to it so I pray they don't move him too far. I may not be able to see him if its too far away. When does your man go to court?

hmmm yeah i hope for the same thing that he isn't too far when this is all said and done and figured out and he goes to state. my man has his second court date on the 8th.

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
hmmm yeah i hope for the same thing that he isn't too far when this is all said and done and figured out and he goes to state. my man has his second court date on the 8th.

Well good luck. Hopefully he will get as little time as possible. But even though you're mad maybe you should go visit in case he does move far. You don't want to wish you had when its too late.

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 12:34 AM
Well good luck. Hopefully he will get as little time as possible. But even though you're mad maybe you should go visit in case he does move far. You don't want to wish you had when its too late.

thanks. i hope so too... but since he had a prior.. it doesn't look too promising. but as he tells me... "hope for the best but prepare for the worst". yeah... i know. but his case is going to take a while... idk. its ww3 between my head and heart right now.

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 12:39 AM
thanks. i hope so too... but since he had a prior.. it doesn't look too promising. but as he tells me... "hope for the best but prepare for the worst". yeah... i know. but his case is going to take a while... idk. its ww3 between my head and heart right now.

Oh yeah I know what you mean! I love him and miss him but its his fault he's there and I'm here taking care of our baby alone because of his selfish choices. I'm hurt but someone can only hurt your heart if you love them. If you didn't love them it couldn't hurt so much.

jdcl0215
07-15-2011, 09:19 AM
Oh yeah I know what you mean! I love him and miss him but its his fault he's there and I'm here taking care of our baby alone because of his selfish choices. I'm hurt but someone can only hurt your heart if you love them. If you didn't love them it couldn't hurt so much.

mine was home for 6 months ... =/ then all this happened. got new charges on him and violated probation. >_<

but you're right... it wouldn't hurt so much if i didn't love him so much.

sweetcandicane
07-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Has anyone been married at West Valley? If so, how does it work?

jdcl0215
07-21-2011, 12:20 PM
does anyone know how long it takes for mail to get OUT? my man told me that he put in mail this last friday and monday... but i haven't gotten it yet... :(

sweetcandicane
07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
does anyone know how long it takes for mail to get OUT? my man told me that he put in mail this last friday and monday... but i haven't gotten it yet... :(

It took about 4 days from when he turned in letter to when I got it. I think you'll get both today or tomorrow.

jdcl0215
07-21-2011, 01:08 PM
It took about 4 days from when he turned in letter to when I got it. I think you'll get both today or tomorrow.

ah. i see gotcha. cause the last letter i sent him... i put it in the post office friday at 5pm and he got it the following monday o.0

achrysle2011
07-22-2011, 02:11 PM
I cant find my guy! Hes at West Valley Detention Center and was suppossed to have court todya. I went there and the DA didnt file charges so hes there on a parole hold now. I havent received a call, dont even know if my cell phone was blocked or not. So this morning i set up a prepaid account with GTL just in case. He has not called anyone not even his family so I dont know what to do. If you can ask your dudes when you talk to them to find Mike Chrysle and get the message to him to call his girlfriend I would be so grateful. This fucken sucks and I feel so helpless for him. Thanks

sweetcandicane
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I cant find my guy! Hes at West Valley Detention Center and was suppossed to have court todya. I went there and the DA didnt file charges so hes there on a parole hold now. I havent received a call, dont even know if my cell phone was blocked or not. So this morning i set up a prepaid account with GTL just in case. He has not called anyone not even his family so I dont know what to do. If you can ask your dudes when you talk to them to find Mike Chrysle and get the message to him to call his girlfriend I would be so grateful. This fucken sucks and I feel so helpless for him. Thanks

Have you tried calling the appointment line to schedule a visit? They would know if he's there because if he isn't there you wouldn't be able to make an appointment. 1-909-887-0364 or just call the jail directly 1-909-350-2476

setv19
07-23-2011, 09:34 PM
Has anyone heard about "Cold Crib communications" ?

achrysle2011
07-24-2011, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know how day room works for West Valley Detention Center? My man is in Unit 4 and I want to know when he has day room so I know when to expect his calls.

achrysle2011
07-24-2011, 12:10 PM
My man is in Unit 4 what time do they have day room? How do they rotate the hours for this? Please let me know if you have any idea. I saw him yesterday and he said he would call. But I havent heard from him and I want to make sure that I get the call when he does. Thanks

jdcl0215
07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
My man is in Unit 4 what time do they have day room? How do they rotate the hours for this? Please let me know if you have any idea. I saw him yesterday and he said he would call. But I havent heard from him and I want to make sure that I get the call when he does. Thanks

Mine is in unit 11. he says that his day room hours are 2 1/2 hours later each day. so lets say today he called me at 1, his day room hours will be early in the morning tomorrow, so i'll get a call around 8am. then the next day he'll call around 10. and so on and so forth.

jdcl0215
07-28-2011, 11:05 AM
what days are the visits ... anyone know?

sweetcandicane
07-28-2011, 11:58 AM
what days are the visits ... anyone know?

Wednesday through Sunday. Call the day before to make appt for next day.

CTupp19
09-09-2011, 11:05 PM
NO CLUE! and I am trying to find that out now as well, if you have information let me know. If i find anything out I will do the same. feel free to dm me as well

Has anyone been married at West Valley? If so, how does it work?

sweetcandicane
09-09-2011, 11:22 PM
NO CLUE! and I am trying to find that out now as well, if you have information let me know. If i find anything out I will do the same. feel free to dm me as well

Well my guy was moved so never found out. Good luck. Just keep checking back here someone may answer eventually. :-)

Ravejess89
09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
You can't get married at west valley.

waiting.
09-27-2011, 02:57 PM
does anyone know when is the best time to call the visiting line? I've been trying for an hour and all I get is a busy tone. :(

MitosWifee!
09-27-2011, 05:33 PM
You just have to keep on trying.. I would call first thing in the morning..

jdcl0215
09-27-2011, 08:02 PM
just keep trying... i finally got thru around 1130... but i was calling since like 830 >_< it was really frustrating >_<

imy909
10-14-2011, 05:48 PM
does any one know how bad unit 13 is?

ibelieveGodwill
10-18-2011, 06:59 PM
does anyone know how unit 6 is? and when you send a book or letter how long it takes the inmate to get it. thank you

ibelieveGodwill
10-18-2011, 07:01 PM
does anyone know if it is easy on the inmate to get drugs in jail. my hubby has a meth problem and praying no one gives it to him and God delivers him. So sad me and the kids miss him. Since on the meth he is not himself. Help

jdcl0215
10-18-2011, 07:08 PM
does anyone know how unit 6 is? and when you send a book or letter how long it takes the inmate to get it. thank you

uhm. its about a 3 day turn around. so i'd recommend (if he's in there for the long haul) to get an amazon prime account where you can get free 2 day shipping... its cheaper in the long run. make sure that you have to order from a bookstore b/c they won't allow books from households but they will allow used books. so if you order it monday... 2 day shipping meaning it'll get there by wednesday ... he should get it by saturday ... monday at the latest.

mrshamptonbbl
11-01-2011, 05:11 AM
:slap:ok i'm brain dead. things have changed at west valley detention center, CA. what can you send in the mail, not money orders but like stationary stuff? can you send stationary supplies to your inmate and if so what are the numbers and sizes? i would really appreciate it ! thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheryl P.
11-01-2011, 05:37 AM
I would call them and ask.
(909) 350-2476