View Full Version : Wendy and Randy Maldonado

aunt grenade
12-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I am disturbed that Wendy and Randy Maldonado have been incarcerated. The recent HBO documentary is vivid in details that show a family trying to cope with domestic violence and abuse.

Following is a letter sent on my behalf to President Obama and Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon. Please feel free to copy it and send it along with your opinions.

Mr. Obama

I have sent a letter requesting action to Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon concerning the recent incarceration of Wendy and Randy Maldonado. This story was on HBO recently and documented the years of domestic violence and abuse on a family.

I am asking you to become involved because an injustice has taken place only because of the laws that are in place today.

Wendy Maldonado suffered tremendous emotional, physical and pshycological abuse in her marriage. This abuse also became familiar to each of the children in the household. Police were called and as is in domestic cases she was expected to turn the police away or receive another beating by her husband Aaron. Neighbors called the police and anticipated the tragedy that took place. The question is why the police and their visits did not.

Aaron Maldonada repeatedly told his wife he would kill her. He designed a "killing spot" for her in a field. He wrote a song for her that he would kill her and how. He knocked out her teeth, broke broom handles over her back and smashed her head into walls regularly. He then started to beat the children and conditioned them to not react when he hit them or else he would impose a more lethal beating.

It is time to review the laws concerning domestic abuse. In a country where possession of marijuana can land you 10 years in jail, or confiscate your home or judge you as a co-conspirator, with very little evidence, the laws concerning abused woman are archaic and shallow.

The judge admitted that the abuse was so severe that he could not fathom how the family got along. However, he stated that he was bound to impose sentences to both Wendy and Randy according to how the law read.

Laws can become outdated and this area of law needs overhauling. The fact is America protects its grizzly bears and cubs to a far more ethical standard than our own woman and children.

Wendy Maldonado and her son Randy do not belong in jail. Why was this tragedy not concluded as self defense of a family? How much more vivid evidence do we need to show the quotidian abuse. It is wrong to incarcerate these victims and it is wrong to abide to a law that does not consider the greater perimeters of today's sociometry.

Please review their sentences after you review the law.

Rena

kreepsgirl
12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Great letter. I just watched this last night, and was stunned. She ans well as her children suffered great abuse.

Nancy1124
12-15-2009, 03:52 PM
Wendy and Randy Maldonado should have gotten extensive counseling and home probation instead of prison time. this is a very sad story, and seeing the way the boys absolutely cling to their mother was very sad. They lived their entire lives in fear, and I mean BONE CHILLING FEAR of their father. Wendy and Randy Maldonado should not be in the prison system. Again, they should be getting extensive counseling along with the other 3 boys.

aunt grenade
12-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Great letter. I just watched this last night, and was stunned. She ans well as her children suffered great abuse.

Try to send a letter to Obama and the senator of Oregan. Copy mine or add or delete what you think. She and her son need help. It takes a minute. I have no answers other than this.

restless

aunt grenade
12-15-2009, 09:47 PM
Wendy and Randy Maldonado should have gotten extensive counseling and home probation instead of prison time. this is a very sad story, and seeing the way the boys absolutely cling to their mother was very sad. They lived their entire lives in fear, and I mean BONE CHILLING FEAR of their father. Wendy and Randy Maldonado should not be in the prison system. Again, they should be getting extensive counseling along with the other 3 boys.

Please send a letter to Obama and Ron Wyden of Oregon. Copy mine, add or delete what you think. It is important to help this mother and son. They should not be in prison.

restless

poolside
12-15-2009, 10:03 PM
Please send a letter to Obama and Ron Wyden of Oregon. Copy mine, add or delete what you think. It is important to help this mother and son. They should not be in prison.

restless Did you e-mail it to them, or hard copy? Any idea of the addresses to send them? I'm in....I watched it on demand at 3:30 this morning and thought about them all day.

Thanks in advance......

bellisq
12-17-2009, 10:15 PM
This is a state issue, I believe only the governor can commute the sentence. You might talk to Zelda50 who knows a lot about Oregon law. A hard copy letter carries more weight than an email. Also, seems like the DV leadership in the state might be involved in pursuing this type of help for a number of women.

Governor Ted Kulongoski
Governor's Office
State Capitol Building
900 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301 http://dasapp.oregon.gov/statephonebook/images/envelopeSmall.gif
Fax: (503) 378-6827
Web site: www.governor.state.or.us (http://www.governor.state.or.us/)

jackhamm65
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Where can I write to? I have the misfortune of having the victim's brother in my neighborhood. This all brought to light when viewing the HBO documentary as well as recognizing way too many faces in that documentary. This is a small town and you cross paths with a lot of people in 20 yrs. It saddened and sickened me. Their faces haunt me. I have some avenues to get my voice heard, having lots of relatives and friends in the press. This family needs to be reunited. This whole case and the drastic circumstance was down played in this community. This wrong needs to be made right.

jackhamm65
12-27-2009, 08:58 PM
I think of her everyday. Her sons as well. They are in my teens circles, no one every knew their terror......

jackhamm65
12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
How can I send Wendy and her son a letter? It says I need an ID number. I know my daughters would like to as well.

mrchapmanswife
12-28-2009, 03:37 AM
How can I send Wendy and her son a letter? It says I need an ID number. I know my daughters would like to as well.

Look for them under this site just type in their names and you should get the ID # from there http://docpub.state.or.us/OOS/intro.jsf

KristineInFL
02-02-2010, 06:26 PM
JackHamm do you have any updates for us on the Maldonado family? Do you know if their cases are under review? Also, an address where supporters can write to them? Thanks, Kristine in Florida

MamaSaid
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
First, here is the info from publiuc record:
15963617 RANDALL T MALDONADO 05/1988
15970170 WENDY SUE MALDONADO

Randy is in Warner Creek CF
Wendy is in Coffee Creek CF

I am on their facebook group page, and know that all correspondence is greatly appreciated. Written appeals to politicians is also appreciated.
Finally, they are trying to raise money for appeals.
The conviction of Wendy and Randy Maldonado, in my opinion, is the most heinous miscarriage of justice I have ever witnessed.
I only hope that their family is able to remain intact until their homecoming.

sickboy
05-16-2010, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the info on the SID #s. I am going to try to write them both, Randy and Wendy. They need to know they haven't been tossed away and forgotten.
Their Facebook page, I wasn't aware that they had access to computers and social networking sites. I will try to locate the page(s). If I have any difficulty, I will contact you via this message board.

Many Thanks
Sickboy

thatkid
07-21-2010, 03:44 AM
I think they should let Wendy & Randy Maldonado be set free. If anything they should only have to take classes and therapy and be on Probation. Go to Family therapy all of them togethor as a family. Take Domestic Abuse Treatment Classes for the pain and nightmare they had to go through. Why send them to prison for only months that doesnt make any since. They could be spending that time in getting better since thats not that long anyway to waste tax payer money on two people who were put thru torture and violent situations is wrong. The Justice system for abused women are so off and unfair,biased,racial,injustice,ungreatful and painful as well as financially a burden when are lives are in danger they always look after the men and let them go or until the women are dead that not right. Something should be done to protect the women in the world of abuse and neglect and change the legislature to protect womens' rights and defense laws.:mad::(:o:)

lilbay
08-01-2010, 05:13 AM
You know I too lived through an abusive relationship and I was beaten and left for dead
I took off with my kids never looking back from the hospital BUT that is only because he had No info about other family members
Wendy had NO escape
She states she still wonders why and why that night
The answer is because a human can take but so much
I can not Believe they gave this woman nd her son time after they lived ikn a prison and abusive state all those years
I sit and watch these kids lose their Mom and Brother and am only given a small piece of mind in that I know her family will care for and watch over and raise them
I pray to God that someone hears the voices and gives these two house arrest or probation if they really feel the need to do anything

I know here in Maryland you can write the judge for sentence Modification after doing some of your time.
Possibly this is something Randy can do. I know Wendy can not due to the Judge's stating this. HOWEVER there is a chance that someoen can fight to get this added to the laws in that state and possibly grandfather her in if that is at all possible
As this show drew to a close i sat crying because I can relate to how she felt
i can relate to what she went through and when she described how the hanger was bent i could in fact picture it and KNEW what she meant
I remember my ex buying So many heater hoses from the parts place that the man told him to get a new mechanic Never knowing he was using them to beat me with.

I live oday 22 years later with severe chronic pain and constant mental and physical issues as well as with his thumb print in my jaw where he squeezed it shut when I was screaming while he beat me.
He stated when we last spoke that i would forever remember and suffer at his hand Sadly he told the truth on that HOWEVER i am FREE from him and have come a long way and my kids thank Heavens never had to go through what Wendy's did.

I pray to God they come out soon and make a new life i pray that her sons can learn life is not always bad and painful and that Life cn be a good thing and I think thankfully with family that will be possible

DarkStorm
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
lilbay, my heart goes out to you. I also survived abuse as well. It has been 10 years, 5 months, and 11 days since I was able to get away and each day I'm gone is brighter than the last. The memories are still there and sometimes in my dreams but when the light of day approaches, I am grateful for another day of peace. I too want to write Wendy and Randy and offer my support and prayers and I will also write the governor as suggested as well. I would like to help in anyway I can because Wendy and her children deserve this time together and not apart.
To think of other women dealing with this right now, and their children..brings tears to my eyes...
I only hope they do what they can to get away and save themselves before it is too late.

:(

ambitious
09-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I felt sad that they received prison terms. Sometimes the law is callous about how things can be in people's lives.

I hope they are safe. I found her sentence to be harsh. They were truly terrorized. Some people have terrorists in their homes.

retsel
09-29-2010, 09:59 AM
The real victoms are obvious but I know who your refering to jackhamm65. Dont worry bout that punk, he's being watched. CLOSELY

BlueEyedEllie
09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
The real victoms are obvious but I know who your refering to jackhamm65. Dont worry bout that punk, he's being watched. CLOSELY

:confused:I must be messed up today,as i'm reading alot of posts today that i just don't understand.The very sad thing about all this is,even though wendy and randy maldonado should NEVER have had to spend one single day in prison,they probably feel safer in prison than living under that abuser's horrible abuse.

deltad102
01-21-2011, 02:36 PM
I am appalled at this incarceration as well. These two people and the rest of this immediate family have been imprisoned for years already with the abuse of this man. This woman is obviously loved dearly by her children and her actions were that of any woman who would want to spare her children any more suffering, not to mention herself and even the family dog. All I wanted to do after seeing this film was head straight to Oregon and scream from the top of my lungs to let these two go, as they have suffered enough. As an ex Police Dispatcher and Community Safety Officer, I have seen my share of abuse victims too frightened to do anything to stand up for themselves or free themselves from their abuser. This freak of a man even abused the family dog! It is sad she agreed to this plea bargain because she couldnt risk her child getting more punishment than he did. It is sad that she couldnt have enough faith in fellow American jurors to see what she & he had already been through, and free the rest of their lives to try and rebuild some sort of normal family. As a Christian, I understand killing is wrong, but as a human and a woman, I can assuredly say that I would not have endured 1/4 of what she did before I would have killed him. I believe this woman's sentence should be commuted immediately. She and Randy have served enough time already and should be able to live normally for a change without fear of being killed every day. A person can be shot for breaking into your home, but cant be shot for breaking your teeth, head, bones and the same of your children???? This is just wrong in every sense of the word and I hope God ends up giving this family prosperity for the rest of their lives. They have earned it. And for the victim's ( and I use that term very loosely for this person) brother who spoke about God and his payback to Wendy....shame on you. There wasnt an ounce of Godliness in your brother or he wouldnt have been able to do these horrible, vile things to another living being. Someone should probably check him out too....he's probably as abusive as his brother was if he has the audacity to defend him. To Wendy and her children.....God loves you. He has a plan for every life and he has one for yours too....Make your tragedy your testamony. He will pour out more blessings to you than you can contain. I will pray for you all ceasingly. God be with you and bless you.

Searching1
02-20-2011, 02:47 PM
I'm not sure how to change things, but I think that we should all write our government representatives and ask themto change these laws. Somestimes, that is not enough. Where I live, the judges seem to be archaic and Social Services is worse, even though the laws seem to care. They have to be enforced by judges. It has to start somewhere, though; and that might be with the people who write the laws.

Andygirl
08-06-2011, 07:05 AM
The problem here lies in the shitty defense attorney Wendy and her son got. If they had not been convinced to take the plea agreement in lieu of a trial, it's more than likely they would have been found not-guilty.

So the law itself isn't the problem, it's the fact that poor people get these court-appointed defense attorneys rather than the good ones only rich folks can afford. I can't help thinking if that HBO documentary had aired before they signed that deal, they could have gotten an amazing defense attorney who would have been willing to defend them pro bono. Even if their only reason for signing on was to further their career, it would have been well worth it for Wendy and her son.