View Full Version : Questions about Crowley...

kannevans
12-15-2009, 11:12 AM
So my husband was moved to Crowley yesterday and I was a little confused about how visiting works and if i have to send a new application when one was approved at drdc??? They are not too helpful when I call so any answers would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks :)

Oh ya, and what is an honors pod?

seansbabyluv
12-15-2009, 11:02 PM
You have to re-apply. Crowley is a private prison and they take twice as long to approve visiting. They have their own process to go through on top of what DOC does. You have to send your application to the PPMU. The address to send it to is on the app.

The honor pod is normally where the guys go when they stay out of trouble. They have to earn their way into it and one write up will start them over from square one.

justwaitin4now
12-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Cindy I didn't have to do this. Once I was approved through DOC while he was at AVCF I was instantly approved at both the private prisons he went to..maybe I just got lucky. I never had to fill out another visitor application. I am just glad to say that we are an hour and 45 minutes away from 70 days and counting! I am going crazy though because I haven't hear from him since Sunday night so that either means they are lockdown or the phones aren't working again...arrgghh!!!

Oceanmoon
12-16-2009, 12:18 AM
Cindy I didn't have to do this. Once I was approved through DOC while he was at AVCF I was instantly approved at both the private prisons he went to..maybe I just got lucky. I never had to fill out another visitor application. I am just glad to say that we are an hour and 45 minutes away from 70 days and counting! I am going crazy though because I haven't hear from him since Sunday night so that either means they are lockdown or the phones aren't working again...arrgghh!!!

My husband was released from there in Sept. If you have any questions ask and I will help you. If I dont have the answer I am sure that my husband will.
Mari

Gilangel71
12-16-2009, 09:04 AM
I didn't have to send in another application either.. my hubby was in Limon & AVCF but it is always best to call and make sure...Visiting is based on the inmates last number in their DOC # ..Odds are on friday & saturday..evens are on sunday & monday...everyone can visit on Thursdays regardless of even or odd...Visiting starts @ 9am ..they will not let you in the gates any earlier,,but you can sit in the parking lot up to 20 minutes before 9am...Sgt Lewis is strict on wearing the appropriate clothing..nothing too tight , no low cut shirts, no shirts that your bra can be seen through, no jackets/sweaters with hoods and during the warmer months no open toed shoes..this includes children..I've seen her deny a visit because a little girl (3years old)was wearing sandals..WTF..always bring extra clothes..I have gone in wearing a paticular shirt and then was denied the next time ?? I just stick to jeans and T-shirts now...if you have any other concerns about CCCF let me know...and I will do my best to answer them...we have a GREAT group of ladies here in the Colorado Forum and Cindy is the B E S T !!! Never be afraid to ask a question....some one else may be wondering the same thing... ; )

kannevans
12-16-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all your answers I really appreciate it. He said I was not active as of now but they were working on it. I sent a app to Colorado Springs anways just in case. :)

kannevans
12-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Cindy, I was just wondering because my husband said they didnt have room for him somewhere so they put him in an honors pod and it was a little more comfortable. Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. Oh ya and they did take him to YOS first like you said but he was only there for 4 days. It sucked being in the same town a few blocks away and not being able to see him :( but hopefully we get things rollin on the visiting list at Crowley...Thanks again for all your help!!

You have to re-apply. Crowley is a private prison and they take twice as long to approve visiting. They have their own process to go through on top of what DOC does. You have to send your application to the PPMU. The address to send it to is on the app.

The honor pod is normally where the guys go when they stay out of trouble. They have to earn their way into it and one write up will start them over from square one.

seansbabyluv
12-16-2009, 07:31 PM
You're welcome sweetie. Things will get better. Maybe they'll let him stay in the honors pod...if he's good! :D

I'm not even sure how the visiting works anymore. The private prisons insisted on doing their own background checks, maybe DOC put a stop to it or let them start accessing their NCIC computers. Things change from one day to the next with DOC...you will soon be finding that out. I hated Crowley when my hubby was there but I hear things have improved a little since then. I hope you get to see him soon. I would try requesting a special visit for the holidays until they approve you. You can call Sgt. Lewis tomorrow and ask her how to do it.

Oceanmoon
12-16-2009, 10:49 PM
You're welcome sweetie. Things will get better. Maybe they'll let him stay in the honors pod...if he's good! :D

I'm not even sure how the visiting works anymore. The private prisons insisted on doing their own background checks, maybe DOC put a stop to it or let them start accessing their NCIC computers. Things change from one day to the next with DOC...you will soon be finding that out. I hated Crowley when my hubby was there but I hear things have improved a little since then. I hope you get to see him soon. I would try requesting a special visit for the holidays until they approve you. You can call Sgt. Lewis tomorrow and ask her how to do it.

Cindy you are right Crowley still does there own back ground check before DOC does theres. But if they have been approved through DOC then Crowley will honor it. That is one thing that saved me from having to wait a month to get approved.

Flower Mama
03-05-2010, 02:51 AM
No open toed shoes?? For crying out loud, what's wrong with THOSE?? Are we supposed to wear sneakers with our dresses?!?! :confused::eek: Oh, maybe I can get away with wearing my Crocs, they are closed toed :p

Lafonda707
06-28-2011, 12:43 AM
So....basically we have to sweat our asses off in the middle of summer just to visit?? lol Damn rules.