View Full Version : SBCC Release Info Needed!

ashleyjean103
12-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Well its time to start gathering info =]. My wonderful boyfriend will be coming home one month from today! oh the wait is finally over<3. Well what i want to know is..
What time he will be released?
Will he walk out the main doors?
Will I have to go in to get him?
Do i need to make sure my outfit works with their dress code?
How much before the time hes being released should i get there?

Basically any info you guys have on this is more then needed.

Ahh im too exciteddd.

angel mathews
12-15-2009, 11:32 AM
I really do not know all that much about releases...Tho when my son was there he told me that they released them at midnight and if no one was there to pick them up they where put on a bus home not sure if that is how it works or not

Congrats on his homecomeing may it be all you hope for

ashleyjean103
12-29-2009, 03:01 AM
Come on girls! help me outttt. or point me in the way or someone / anything that can help me outtt

parole_help_123
01-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd be there at 9am. You should check in to the front desk to let them know his ride is there which might expedite his release paperwork. I would dress appropriately wherever you go, but that's just my opinion. (People are treated by how they act and look--unfortunate maybe, but that's the way it is.)

Good luck to both of you! I hope y'all can work it out and live in peace. :)

parole_help_123
01-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh, and yes, it'll be the front door at SBCC. That's the only way in or out for all people, including staff, that are not inside a vehicle.

Also bring a book or your something to do in case an inside emergency (which are not uncommon there) occurs and keeps you waiting Outside.

Again, peace and love!!!

ProfMoriarty
01-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Parole Help gives good advice. Your boy friend should be able to get some of the "details" (for example, timing) re. release from either his case worker or other inmates. I've never been to South Bay (as an inmate), but it is a fairly secure and strictly run facility.
I don't know what you guys got in mind for "homecoming". I can only speak for myself. I did what cons who had been through it before advised me. No big parties, restaurant meals (and I hope it goes without saying, no booze....or anything else). I just went straight home and relaxed: watched the news, read a couple of newspapers and had a simple home cooked meal. And no big gatherings of people.
And that afternoon I stopped by a church and said a rosary to the Blessed Mother and went to an A.A. meeting. Then I went home, went to bed, watched an old Dean Martin roast tape and read myself to sleep. Don't wanna lecture you....just saying that I think those who come out partying hearty to make up for lost time miss the point of what is important about freedom....are more likely to make their way back where to they just came from....

parole_help_123
01-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Oh, I thought she meant Souza Baranowski. Either way, the released will come through the visitors trap (door).

ashleyjean103
01-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Parole help i was talking about Souza Baranowski.

Thanks prof. im sure you enjoyed yur homecoming as we will ours as everyone is different im sure.

ProfMoriarty
01-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Parole help i was talking about Souza Baranowski.

Thanks prof. im sure you enjoyed yur homecoming as we will ours as everyone is different im sure.

Sorry about mix up re. the "SB"; never heard either of them referred to by initials. Either "South Bay" or "Barnowski". And you make a good point about everyone being different. I think it also varies depending on your age, how long you were in, etc. I've just seen too many guys put the pedal to the metal and try to make up for lost time...and make some mistakes.

ashleyjean103
01-03-2010, 01:18 AM
im 18 ive never been in lol hes 23 hes been in for 3 years. Ive almost got whats we are gunna be doing down so im hoping he doesnt wanna be doin all kinda running around and what not

ProfMoriarty
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
im 18 ive never been in lol hes 23 hes been in for 3 years. Ive almost got whats we are gunna be doing down so im hoping he doesnt wanna be doin all kinda running around and what not

ashleyjean: I had my cellie's girl read your posts. She is a bit younger than I am and been through this a couple of times (unfortunately). She is more practical. You are from our area. She said that it is normal for young guys to want to hook up with their running buddies for a few beers (assuming alcohol is OK re. any parole/probation) and she said the best way she saw it handled was to go to one of those private social clubs we are all famous for around here and to make sure some level headed older guys were around. I have actually been to some of these and they are very emotional (which is why they are in private clubs). I guess the guys just need a couple of hours alone to reconnect and pay their respects to each other.

You go out shopping with some of the girls for a couple of hours (and only a couple of hours) and all of you go back to the club. They even make exceptions about girls being allowed in for homecomings. Everybody has a quick drink/toast and you and you man are on your way. Grab a quiet meal in a nice ethnic restaurant and then....well, I don't have to plan any more of your life; you and your man will know what to do.

This was not my way at all. I always reconnected with my buddies a few days later for lunch in a restaurant that had a private room. But like you have said, everybody is different. Both my pal's girl and I agree "reentry" time is very sacred and private. And we both agreed that it a guy needs to reconnect with all of his worlds: biological/extended family, children, running mates/buddies and his girl. I guess that incarceration made me much more serious about everything, even having fun.

Finally, I know some guys who go out and raise hell for a few days with their pals. that doesn't mean they don't love their ladies. And though it definitely wasn't my way, they found their way home where they belonged quickly.....as long as they stayed away from the drugs and the booze did not get out of control. You'll be fine.

good luck & God bless.