View Full Version : SNY Yard At Solano - Q&A Thread

littlesmoke
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Hello Ladies of Solano, My inmate is at CTF and has heard there might be an SNY yard opening at Solano. I'm trying to find out if this is true. Any info you can give me is appreciated thanks... :confused:

kima
12-11-2009, 01:46 PM
I would like to know, too. It would sure be a lot closer than Corcoran, where he just got transferred to last week! (What level will it be, if this happens?)

littlesmoke
12-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Kima,

Long time no see! I thought your guy was at MCSP? Any way it may be level 2 or 3. I heard all prisons are to have an SNY yard eventually. But this rumor has it that Solano may be next to do so. You know how that goes. CDC isnt telling much info at all..;)

kima
12-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Mine was transferred last week from MC to SATF, level 4 yard. It sucks big time - they are on lockdown more than not, and I can't afford to drive that far just to chance that there won't even be visiting. Solano would be much closer, but it would need to be a level 4...

littlesmoke
12-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that , Mine went from level 4 to 3 took him a while to do that. He could also check in to see what CTF has through his counselor. It is a much better prison. Mine wanted to see about Solano so he can be closer.

PTO-110524
12-12-2009, 10:19 AM
My husband has also heard that SOL is opening a new SNY. He's at SCC Jamestown. He heard it would be L3, but that is just inmate rumor I think.

If anyone hears anything official - please post.

sidewalker
01-11-2010, 06:58 AM
yes. please do, because Hub was asking about this facility as well.
He would need lv2sny tho.

Boo'sBaby
01-13-2010, 07:33 PM
yes. please do, because Hub was asking about this facility as well.
He would need lv2sny tho.
My husband is currently a level 3 at Solano, he mentioned something about his yard becoming an SNY yard. Not sure when it will happen though. He also said something about them needing to move 200 guys out by June. If i have anymore info, I will pass it on.

Peach&Cream
11-03-2010, 10:09 PM
Did II or III get an SNY yet?

bigsis1985
11-05-2010, 12:10 AM
To my understanding, no. Level 3 yards are still main line and level 2 are main line as well..

ladydan2012
11-05-2010, 01:45 AM
To my understanding, no. Level 3 yards are still main line and level 2 are main line as well..

What is SNY?

Brandy
11-05-2010, 02:38 AM
What is SNY?

It's Sensitive Needs Yard.

Inmates are classified SNY if for any reason their safety, or the safety of the institution, would be threatened if they were placed in the general population. Some examples of inmates on SNY would be:

Gang drop outs
Those with serious mental health issues
Some elderly who might be exploited on GP
Some handicapped who might be exploited on GP
Those with debt (drug, gambling, etc) they cannot pay and are therefore in danger
Sex offenders
Some who have killed children
Homosexuals, transgenders, etc
Snitches
Former law enforcement

kima
11-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Or for some of the "been there, done that" inmates who just want to do their time with as little drama as possible.

Brandy
11-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Or for some of the "been there, done that" inmates who just want to do their time with as little drama as possible.

Thanks I knew there was a few more to add to the list, I just copied and pasted from a post in CA's general prison talk that Terry posted! Should of known that one tho' that is why hubby is over on the SNY! Thanks again!

kima
11-05-2010, 03:08 PM
Mine, too :)

skunkyju
11-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I spoke to a man in the CDC associate director's office today about solano getting an SNY yard. He looked into it, called me back, and told me that there are no officials plans to convert a yard to SNY at this time.

mrs.mac
11-05-2010, 10:11 PM

Inmates are classified SNY if for any reason their safety, or the safety of the institution, would be threatened if they were placed in the general population. Some examples of inmates on SNY would be:

Gang drop outs
Those with debt (drug, gambling, etc) they cannot pay and are therefore in danger
Sex offenders
Snitches
Former law enforcement

Thank you for clarifying the definition I was wondering what SNY stand for as well. And I was also wondering why my guy never mentioned it. So now I know thanks...I thought that it would mean the men that are currently housed in that yard would be transferred to another facility all together. I was about to say oh! no not again :( Because we all know how they love to transfer our men from one place to another...

ladydan2012
11-06-2010, 04:31 AM

Gang drop outs
Sex offenders
Snitches
Former law enforcement

Thanks for da response...

Peach&Cream
11-08-2010, 03:59 PM

Gang drop outs
Sex offenders
Snitches
Former law enforcement

lets not forget about the high notoriety inmates as well (like movie stars and those who made it to televised news) thanx