View Full Version : Lanesboro Info

qylaila
12-10-2009, 03:25 AM
My fiance is locked up in lanesboro and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info about the place. Any information that is offered would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for info on the visitation, the atmosphere, the co's and anything else.

Thanks so much!!!:D

l'swifey
12-13-2009, 11:22 PM
I am not sure but I think that you have to make an appointment for visitation. You can check out the website to make sure. Click on prisons and click lanesboro. they will give you all of the info you need.

Tigers#1
01-01-2010, 01:24 AM
My fiance is locked up in lanesboro and I was just wondering if anyone could give me some info about the place. Any information that is offered would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for info on the visitation, the atmosphere, the co's and anything else.

Thanks so much!!!:D
Get your man to send you a visitation form. After filling out, make sure you send a copy of your driver's license. Mail to Administrator, P O BOX 280, Polkton,NC 28135. Write on envelope Attention Visitation form. It takes about 1-3 weeks to process. After the first week call visitation at 704-695-1068 and ask if you can schedule a visit. They will tell you when you have been approved. It's the same with all NC prisons. I had to call every 3 days to see if I had been approved. Then finally one day I could schedule a visit.

Kedat24
01-01-2010, 09:18 AM
My husband has been at lanesboro for a few months. If your man is in regular population the visits are Mon-Thurs and Sat. I think you can choose from an 8:15-10:15 or 1:30-3:30 visit. I think someone mentioned above that they are by appointment and you have to call 2 days in advance. Visits are pretty laid back. Same rules as any other NC DOC facility. Kiss and hug at the beginnging and end of visit and minimal touching in between. There are no vending machines. I haven't had any problems with the guards. Some of them seem to be friendly to visitors as well as inmates.

Overall my husband doesn't really like this prison but...what can he do? :confused: There have been some fights and stabbings since he's been there but I guess that could be at any facility.

Anyway, sorry there is no real order to all this. I was just writing what came to mind. If you have any more questions let me know.

Thanks,

Takeda

qylaila
01-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Thank you both for all the information you have provided. I mailed the visitation form in but I was told to mail it to someone else other than the administrator. I plan to start calling soon to see if I have been approved yet.