View Full Version : Parole violation and hearing????

macswife
02-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Hello,

My husband's p.o. violated him almost two months ago. He has not been officially violated yet because he refused to sign the waiver of his rights. From what I understand this means they have to give him a hearing. I need to know whether or not they have a time limit to give him a hearing. I've heard it's 60 days but really need someone to confirm this. If that is the case, his 60 days are up in 5 days, and he can start screaming. Also, how does he begin "screaming?" He is still in county.

The violation is for firearms. He was hunting and was stopped by the park ranger. His p.o. says he has charges pending from the a.t.f., but we have not heard anything from them at all. I'm afraid she may try to hold him claiming he has pending charges with a.t.f.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I just got my hubbie back in August, and he's gone again over this:(

countrys_guirl
02-16-2004, 10:15 PM
Technically, he violated his parole hunting, even if his friend had the weapon. A convicted felon is not supposed to be around weapons, whether he touches one or not isn't even an issue. He can get violated for sitting around a fire at deer camp, which isn't quite fair, but the position is that the weapons are available & that if they are available, they can be used.

Next, I don't remember how long they have to hold the hearing, I'd suggest calling the PO, but since he/she is the one who did the parole violation, you probably wouldn't get too many answers there. Your husband should have gotten some sort of paperwork. You might try looking at DCC's website (http://www.state.ar.us/dcc).

Good luck & I hope it works out for you.

JN

love-austin
02-17-2004, 01:53 PM
I just recently went through the same thing with my husband. They kept putting his parole hearing off and finally when the day came for his hearing, they revoked him for 11 months(which I don't understand why it was for 6 months). But they do pretty much what they want to do!

macswife
02-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Thanks so much for your replies love-austin and countrys_guirl! Hubbie went ahead and signed the violation hearing waiver today. The sheriff agreed to keep him in county till August (when he is off parole). We heard nothing but bad things about those revocation hearings, and gave them what they wanted out of fear that it could be worse. It stinks.
He is trustee at the county jail, and at least I can see him every week this way. Maybe eventually they will give him an ADC bond. I don't know.
Thanks Again Ladies!