View Full Version : Lerdo Jail Q&A

pansy23
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
does anyone have any info at all on lerdo mens minimum facility in kern county california??? my bf was taken there a few days ago after leaving receiving in the kern county jail. he's there for grand theft auto (a), what kind of place is it, good bad harsh???? anything would help

elizabeth71
09-26-2006, 06:42 PM
If he is in Pre-Trial then I'm sorry to say it is not a very nice place. There are a lot of politics among the inmates. If your white your the minority. My husband was in F pod which is supposed to be one of the hardest areas. It is mainly ran by Nortenos. Hopefully he will not be messed with too much.

pansy23
09-27-2006, 08:05 PM
he's had 2 felony arraignments when he was in kern county jail. then they moved him to lerdo and he had his pre-preliminary hearing and on the 4th is his sentancing day i think. so i have no idea if thats considered pre-trial or not. if he gets a yr and one day or less then he can serve his time there and they wont ship him off to prison right?

elizabeth71
09-28-2006, 05:57 PM
He's most likely in Pre-Trial if he is still going to court. Depends on what the DA recommends as to where he does his time. They can recommend county time or prison time. And the Farm as they call it is for low-minimum security inmates. So depending on his charges that can make a difference on where he does his time.

INDIANOUTLAW5150
10-04-2006, 07:41 AM
does anyone have any info at all on lerdo mens minimum facility in kern county california??? my bf was taken there a few days ago after leaving receiving in the kern county jail. he's there for grand theft auto (a), what kind of place is it, good bad harsh???? anything would help

IT IS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN THEIR MAXIMUM SECURITY, IN MINIMUM YOU CAN PRETTY MUCH STAY OUTSIDE ALL DAY IF YA CHOOSE TO, YOU CAN SMOKE THERE IF HE DOES, USE THE PHONES , TAKE SOME OF THEIR CLASSES IF HE WANTS IF FOR NOTHING ELSE TO HELP PASS THE TIME.... I'VE BEEN IN THE WOMENS MIN. THERE ARE ONLY 3 BARRICKS ON THE WOMENS SIDE AS OPPOSED TO LIKE 22 BARRICKS ON THE MENS SIDE.... I HOPE I HELPED HAVE A BLESSED DAY

bobbitay
03-24-2008, 10:42 PM
hi there everyone. can anyone tell me what the criteria is to recive an early kick lerdo jail kern county? how much time has to be served ? does it depend on the crime? what crimes do not get kicks period? thanks for the help

ms.dez
04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
My fiance was out of custody for only 3 weeks. He has been in custody for about 4 weeks now, another parole violation. He
was transfered from Wasco to the Bakersfield County Jail a few
days ago. Does anybody have any information about the In
Custody Drug Treatment Program they have there at the jail??

Shortylolo
05-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Same thing happened with my boyfriend and I had no clue what the hell was going on. If you google ICDTP with will have a website that explains most of what goes on in ICDTP Lerdo. Also try the Kern County Sheriff's website, it has the inmate information like their SO# and anticipated release date (I just found out his and I am bouncing off the walls). Hope this helps - lala
Kern County Jail
Lerdo Pre.Trial Facility
17645 Industrial Farm Road
Bakersfield, CA 93308

Martha2
09-26-2008, 10:05 AM
I posted in another forum regarding Lerdo. My grandson was arrested for possesstion of a controlled substance and parafannalia(sp) in Bakersfield on the 11th of September. He is in Lerdo Minimum waiting for all of the hearings. Any info regarding that jail would be appreciated.

Shush
09-29-2008, 05:54 AM
sorry I cannot help you. but did you post this in the general prison talk in Ca ? maybe there is somebody who can help you. good luck.

AllyM
10-02-2008, 09:43 PM
I posted in another forum regarding Lerdo. My grandson was arrested for possesstion of a controlled substance and parafannalia(sp) in Bakersfield on the 11th of September. He is in Lerdo Minimum waiting for all of the hearings. Any info regarding that jail would be appreciated.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=927

I'm not at all familiar with county jails except here in my county. You might want to check out the California County Jails section and post in that forum, here is a link to get you there.

Hope this helps.

Blessings, Ally

Martha2
10-11-2008, 11:04 AM
My grandson was arrested in Bakersfield Californian on September 9, 2008. I found him on the inmate locator a couple of days later, he had been sent to Lerdo Minimum. His Birthday was on September 27th and I tried to get a letter to him., I used the Inmate number that I thought to be correct. I found 3 numbers, a booking number, a court case number and a number that started with SO-------and sent a letter and put $50 on his account through an online company jailpay??something like that cost $10. I got the letter back stating that I had the wrong address, so I tried to follow the Lerdo Website exactly to resent it. It has been a week and hasn't been returned yet (crossing fingers). I want to let him know he has a bit of money on the books and that I am praying and loving him from afar. I live in Florida. Visiting just isn't possible. Anyone know anything about Lerdo Minimum? Anyone have a love one in Lerdo? My grandson was picked up for having meth, and pharafernalia (sp?) and for threating with the intension of terrorizing, he of course was high on the drug. It breaks my heart, he is a really a wonderful guy a college graduate that has got caught up in the horror of the meth culture. Any info would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long just spilling my guts. :(

LemarsWife
11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
My fiancee is in Lerdo Pre-Trial. Need any info?

Martha2
11-12-2008, 09:35 AM
Thank you for the PM. I replied before I read this message sorry I asked a couple of question's that you had answered here.

motherlylove200
11-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Martha, i know what you are going through, my son was just entered into the lerdo facility 11/4/08, i just had my first visit with him this past saturday. My told me that they are currently on lockdown mode. so visits are done in session of 25 inmates at a time so even though you are there early you still may not get to visit. when you put money on their books they get a receipt and it tells them how much you sent. due to the lockdown they are only allowed to purchase items 1 day a week which for my son is on wednesdays, they are allowed to purchase phone cards, however ever you get about a 10 minute phone call out of every card, due to the fact once the call is conected there is a $2.80 charge. I know talking with my son all he wants is letters. lots of letters, i try to write him everyday. they can receive books and magazines if they come directly from the publisher, so like a magazine subscription would work. My prayers are with you,. btw my son is in for a dui charge.
My grandson was arrested in Bakersfield Californian on September 9, 2008. I found him on the inmate locator a couple of days later, he had been sent to Lerdo Minimum. His Birthday was on September 27th and I tried to get a letter to him., I used the Inmate number that I thought to be correct. I found 3 numbers, a booking number, a court case number and a number that started with SO-------and sent a letter and put $50 on his account through an online company jailpay??something like that cost $10. I got the letter back stating that I had the wrong address, so I tried to follow the Lerdo Website exactly to resent it. It has been a week and hasn't been returned yet (crossing fingers). I want to let him know he has a bit of money on the books and that I am praying and loving him from afar. I live in Florida. Visiting just isn't possible. Anyone know anything about Lerdo Minimum? Anyone have a love one in Lerdo? My grandson was picked up for having meth, and pharafernalia (sp?) and for threating with the intension of terrorizing, he of course was high on the drug. It breaks my heart, he is a really a wonderful guy a college graduate that has got caught up in the horror of the meth culture. Any info would be appreciated. Sorry this is so long just spilling my guts. :(

Martha2
12-13-2008, 11:51 AM
MotherlyLove, you are so sweet to answer my post. I have not checked since I got home from my daughter's in the bay area for Thanksgiving, so missed your post until today. Also, my computer was down for a few days. My grandson goes to court on the 23rd of December for sentencing he took a plea so let's hope that the Judge accepts it. Do you know anything about Sober Living in Bakersfield? He will be an in-patient for a year that is if he gets the please he worked out with the Prosecutor and then a few more months of jail time. My daughter is going to go see him today, I did not think to tell her to check and see if the minimum is on "lock down". How long will you r son spend at Lerdo? It does just break your heart. There is so much out there that the young ones can get caught up in, I am not defending my grandson just feel it is so different than when I was growing up in Edwards at the Air Force base. I will send my prayers to your son and to you as well.

OUT2013
12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Lerdo very rarely goes on lockdown because it is a relatively low level jail/prison, many of the inmates there are deportees.

He will go to a halfway house where he will attend meetings, get a job and get his life together.

LemarsWife
12-13-2008, 07:57 PM
my fiance is still at lerdo pretrial. they tried to have all of visits terminated becuz i had an attitude with the lady who works at the desk:mad:

i wanna see him!:(

Martha2
12-14-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks, for the info on lock down at Lerdo it sure helped.

I am so sorry Lemar's wife that you are having trouble with the intake officer, it happens I think some time, they just cop a dislike for some darn reason. Hope it is resolved soon, have they taken your visiting away yet?

I sincerely hope he does get his life together, he sounds so good now but the fear will always probably be there that he will find his way back to drugs.

Thank's so much ladies for the posts.

buddah
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes the county jail to process a parole hold release? My bf's charges were dropped and his PO was out there yesterday (Sunday) and lifted the hold. How long until he's released??

jonsgirl143
12-06-2009, 11:26 AM
My bf just got locked up four days ago and it says he is in lerdo minimum facility until his pretrial conference in ridgecrest on 12/14. What should i expect? I sent him mail yesterday so im hoping he gets it soon. he is there on his third dui. any type of info on this jail would be appreciated. i miss him so much.

Mrs.760
07-13-2010, 11:56 AM
If anyone is curious why visits were suspended last weekend here is the story: http://www.turnto23.com/news/24211636/detail.html

Tinys#1
03-13-2011, 05:11 PM
Hello. i took a plea and Im turning myself in on April 6th to the Lerdo jail women's facility. Ive never done no time, and was wondering if anybody has been in Lerdo.. i should be in the women's minimum facility..
Can anyone give me info on how it is in there just so i can know what to kinda expect? Anything will help!! THANKS!!!

lazyincali
12-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm looking for info on anyone interested in ridesharing to Lerdo Med/Max facility in Kern County.

Trying to visit my old man with no way to get there. If anyone is headed that way please contact me. Thanks.

suzyreckless
12-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Does anyone know how long it takes them to get their mail in Lerdo or what number shows up on caller id when calls are recieved from there?

brandisemo
12-15-2011, 05:14 PM
[quote=suzyreckless;6498001]Does anyone know how long it takes them to get their mail in Lerdo or what number shows up on caller id when calls are recieved from there?[/quote
When my husband would call me from Lerdo Pre-trial Facility he called me from 972-280-7286 or 888-288-9879.:)

j&ds
12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Yeah I got the same number ^^^ 972-280-7286

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

suzyreckless
12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I've been getting a call from "UNKNOWN" with no number, so I guess it's not him. :(

Do you know how long it takes for mail to process there?

j&ds
12-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks. I've been getting a call from "UNKNOWN" with no number, so I guess it's not him. :(

Do you know how long it takes for mail to process there?

Sorry I wouldn't know my hubby was there for less than a week before he went to Wasco

Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk

cailkitten8
12-30-2011, 03:42 PM
it is an ok jail the guards seem to be nice
aleast most of them my boyfriend is in the pretrial fac. there and will be transferred there after sentencing in a couple of day but eveyone that i have talk to seems to say it is an ok place

jessicamelts
02-11-2012, 03:37 AM
hi my boyfriend is in lerdo mens minimum facility in kern county ca and i haven't been able to get in contact with him for almost 2 weeks so i am going to visit tomorrow...
does anyone have experience with visiting an inmate at lerdo and can let me know what to expect as far as are we going to be face to face or between glass with phones?
also..is the inmate told who is there to visit them before they go out and actually see who is there?
im stressed! please give me any and all info u have thank you!!

josieluv23
01-02-2014, 11:54 AM
Hello prison talk I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not. But I thought I'd give it a shot I want to visit my baby's father in lerdo pre trial. I have a car with insurance but I don't have my license so it's any one willing to give me a ride with them I'll give yu gas money. Or if someone has their license that could help to. Please and Thank yu

willsgirl2013
01-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Do you have an ID, otherwise you cannot visit. Post in the Wasco or Delano or Kern Valley State Prison forums. Lerdo is on the way to these prisons, and you can arrange to be dropped off and picked up. Wasco is closest to this detention facility.

Hello prison talk I'm not sure if I'm in the right place or not. But I thought I'd give it a shot I want to visit my baby's father in lerdo pre trial. I have a car with insurance but I don't have my license so it's any one willing to give me a ride with them I'll give yu gas money. Or if someone has their license that could help to. Please and Thank yu

yessykidd
01-02-2014, 11:51 PM
she could still visit if she don't have an ID. but she would have to have some kind of identification of herself. I don't have my ID either but I use my passport to enter the facility. :)

willsgirl2013
01-04-2014, 12:35 AM
The only forms of ID accepted in and prison or county jail system is a ID, DL, Passport and the prisons use to accept ID's from Mexico and things like that but I do not beleive they accept those anymore.

she could still visit if she don't have an ID. but she would have to have some kind of identification of herself. I don't have my ID either but I use my passport to enter the facility. :)