View Full Version : 110 months at Bryan

bymyself
12-02-2009, 02:21 PM
My mom leaves tomorrow to do 110 months at Bryan. Can anyone tell me exactly how much time she will actually do? How can she cut her sentence down? What are visitations like and does anyone recommend to take/not take children?

aba
12-21-2009, 11:59 PM
110 months at 87% = 8 years minus the last approximately 9 months in a halfway house or home confinement so the actual time she should be in Bryan would be about 7 year, 3 months. If she does the RDAP drug program she could be eligible for up to 12 months off her sentence, with 12 months of after-care in the halfway house.

As for visitation, I personally have no idea. As for reducing her sentence, short of a successful appeal the only thing I can think of is Rule 35, where she would provide 'substantial assistance' to the government resulting in the arrests and/or convictions of others and she would be then brought back before the Judge for re-sentencing. However I believe she would only have one year from the date of sentencing to be eligible for that, if she is indeed cooperating. Hope that helps and good luck to your family.

toddslady
01-12-2010, 02:43 PM
I was in Bryan in 2003-2004. It's been a while, so I don't know how much it has changed, but when I was there the visitation was very kid friendly. They have outdoor tables, with a play area, a playroom with a tv, movies, and toys inside, and they kept numerous games behind the CO desk. There was quite a lot to choose from as far as the vending machines, but you have to hit the food ones early because they empty out pretty quickly. My mom used to bring my then 4 and 12 year old daughters to see me at least once a month. It's hard (for all parties) when they have to leave, but definitely worth the time together.