View Full Version : 3 Facilities will be losed permanently on DEC 10, 2009

Cubana
11-30-2009, 09:04 PM
1. Baker CCF in Baker, CA
2. McFarland CCF in McFarland, CA
3. Mesa Verde CCF in Bakersfield, CA

As of Dec 10th these 3 facilities will be closed.

I am sure in they will be filled once more when the overcrowding hits the news again. But as of now they are closed.

PTO-110524
12-12-2009, 09:51 AM
If there is any official notification on this, please post as the above date has passed and we're not sure all 3 of these facilities are actually completely shut down.

This news story (http://www.kget.com/news/local/story/Private-Kern-County-prisons-to-close/hiCeoA8am02YYhegqSKg-A.cspx) only mentions 2 facilities and it's dated 10/27 saying CDCR will close them "within 60 days."

So, any official notification or info would be appreciated. :thumbsup:

onemoreyear
12-12-2009, 01:26 PM
CDCR to Close Three Community Correctional Facilities Due to Downward Trend in Low-Security Inmates

Move would save $15.2 million
Sacramento — Due to a significant decrease and anticipated decline in low-security inmates, the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) is closing three privately run Community Correctional Facilities (CCFs).
“There are a number of factors for the downward trend in lower-level inmates entering the system, including recent parole reforms that authorize minor parole violators to be diverted to community programs instead of prison,” said Undersecretary of Operations Scott Kernan. “Meanwhile, CDCR prisons continue to face overcrowding for medium and maximum security inmates, who serve longer sentences, and due to public safety risks, are not eligible for low-security housing provided by these facilities.”
This past year, the state prison population has dropped by nearly 5,000 inmates, from approximately 172,200 to about 167,350. Approximately half of the drop in population were low-security level inmates.
“In the prison system, population management is extremely complicated with a number of factors that go into determining where inmates can be placed,” added Kernan. “The reality is there is a segment of the inmate population which requires housing in a celled environment and cannot be placed in a lower-level facility due to their time to serve, conviction history or institutional behavior.”
CDCR today issued 60-day notices to Cornell Corrections, which operates the Baker Community Correctional Facility in Baker and the Mesa Verde Correctional Facility in Bakersfield, and to the GEO Group, which operates the McFarland Community Correctional Facility in McFarland. The contracts for the three facilities was set to expire on June 30, 2010 and provided a combined 822 low-custody beds.
The department will issue an Invitation for Bid in early November to use private facilities for an alternative population, such as female inmates.
California law authorizes CDCR to contract with public and private entities to house low-custody inmates in community correctional facilities. There are 5,913 beds in 13 community correctional facilities statewide; however, 1,200 of them are empty. Earlier this year, the department sent a team of inmate classification and custody experts on a statewide evaluation of inmates who may be safely housed in CCF beds. That search confirmed there was not enough who qualified for CCF placement. The department also deactivated more than 1,000 lower-level beds in CDCR’s system to address the changing demographics of the inmate population.
Closing the Baker, Mesa Verde and McFarland community correctional facilities will save $12.7 million in contract dollars and an additional $2.5 million by eliminating 22 state positions by redirection or layoffs of staff assigned to monitor those facilities.
These Community Correctional Facilities cannot house inmates who are sex offenders, inmates serving a life sentence, or inmates who are disabled, need mental health treatment or have a chronic illness.
CDCR houses minimum-security inmates in minimum support facilities at state prisons and conservation camps. HERE IS THE PRESS RELEASE FROM CDCR.

Cubana
12-14-2009, 12:39 AM
this is also posted in union supply website.

http://californiainmatepackage.com/Home.aspx

Peach&Cream
01-07-2010, 05:45 PM
1. Baker CCF in Baker, CA
2. McFarland CCF in McFarland, CA
3. Mesa Verde CCF in Bakersfield, CA

As of Dec 10th these 3 facilities will be closed.

I am sure in they will be filled once more when the overcrowding hits the news again. But as of now they are closed.

this post might be in the wrong forum, but I'm just now learning about these private prisons and wondering which are still open and which ones have level II SNY's, if any at all.

LM's Tinkerbell
01-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Funny I know someone in McFarland and he is still there, and has no knowledge of the facility closing.

Cubana
01-07-2010, 08:28 PM
this post might be in the wrong forum, but I'm just now learning about these private prisons and wondering which are still open and which ones have level II SNY's, if any at all.

my husband was in McFarland wasa level 2 SNY. He was transfered to Golden State. Same property but different facility. Also, level 2 SNY.

Cubana
01-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Funny I know someone in McFarland and he is still there, and has no knowledge of the facility closing.

there are 3 facilities on the same property in the CITY of McFarland.

they are called:

McFarland CCF
Golden State MCCF
Central Valley MCCF

all on the same property. McFarland CCF is closing. Thay all say "" I'm in McFarland"" but dont say what facility.

Peach&Cream
01-07-2010, 09:10 PM
my husband was in McFarland wasa level 2 SNY. He was transfered to Golden State. Same property but different facility. Also, level 2 SNY.

awesome, thank you! ok wait, before I get all excited... are these facilities for short term inmates? my husband is a lifer, would you be able to find out for me, if lifers are eligible for this type of facility?

my husband has never mentioned any of these places and he's been down 10 years, my goodness - well he's only been on sny for three years, but stil.

Cubana
01-07-2010, 10:17 PM
awesome, thank you! ok wait, before I get all excited... are these facilities for short term inmates? my husband is a lifer, would you be able to find out for me, if lifers are eligible for this type of facility?

my husband has never mentioned any of these places and he's been down 10 years, my goodness - well he's only been on sny for three years, but stil.

I'm not sure. From what I read on the website it's for inmates with 18 months or less. But my husband says there are guys there who have a few years to go. I will see what I can find out for you.

But as I see it in the news this week, Arnie wants to open more private prisons. I think it's better quality of life for them if you ask me. Im all for it.

Jeresmom
01-10-2010, 07:44 PM
:thnx:My son is in Adelanto and he had called my daughter and told her for me not to send money that he had an address to give me. I recently changed my house number and I mailed the letter yeaterday notifing him. I know theyre suppose to close down. Is there any info you can give me.

ichliebedich
01-10-2010, 08:58 PM
honestly the only CCFs/MCCFs i've heard that are closing are McFarland, Baker, and Mesa Verde (in this post http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453314). i haven't heard about Adelanto closing. maybe someone else will come along who knows any more?

Jeresmom
01-11-2010, 04:03 AM
Thank you for the info. Any little info will help